Old 01-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default thoughts on lites and la snacks

Hi all,
Just wanted some opinions. I see that many people substitute lunas for lites. I bought all the lites (except for beyond maintence) and now I'm a little upset I did considering a few things:
1. I'm currently on maternity leave and beyond watching my pennies.
2. I think the LUNAs have more nutrition (more fiber and less sugar)
But what's done is done, that's neither here nor there. I guess when I'm on maintence (whenever that would be I could do a combo)

Secondly... does anyone eat the snacks? (cheese doodles, popcorn, etc.)
I don't, I mean I do sometimes because they gave me some samples, but basically why can't I substitute a mini bag of 94% ff popcorn that is 100 calories instead for a startch?) I think that would help me at night because I am basically STARVING.

Just curious what some thoughts are.

Also how many days a week do you all go to the center? TIA
lynnseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Im sorry you feel upset. you could always sell your lites on ebay and go with lunas if you chose. I really like them and continue to buy them. I love the popcorn and cheese curls, they are very low in sodium and when I feel like a snack, I go with them. I am a real "rules follower" and do what they tell me to the letter, whether thats costing me more money or not, thats just my personality What plan are you on and how long have you been on it? There are a lot of food choices the counselors could help you with so that youre not starving. Ive felt that from time to time, but switch up things and then I do ok. PMS time, I AM starving I go to the center religiously three times per week, like I said..I am a rule follower to a fault- LOL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #3  

Tia, remeber that LAWL is more than just calories...sodium is a major component. I am not sure the nutrition values for the popcorn that LAWL sells, but I would compare it completly before i try to make a change. and if you do decide to try the popcorn, make sure you watch to see what changes it might have on you the next few days.

From reading your other posts, I would suggest trying some POP weeks before trying anything outside of the plan. You still have to give your body some time to adjust to the program. Veggies are great late night snacks and you really don't want to have starches that late at night.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote