General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Talking Who's still awake??

Everyone else at my house is asleep! I don't know why I am still up. Have been alternating doing laundry, checking back here and checking on an ebay item I bid on for work.

What's everyone else doing??

I'm in NC - where are you?
Old 01-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #2  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

bah, i'm watching whatever crap is run on tv on sunday nights. i should probly be folding my laundry, but i'm sure it'll be there in the morning. unless someone breaks in to fold my clothes

i'm in washington, so it's only 9 here. my me time while the girls are sleeping.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #3  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

I wish someone would break in and fold my clothes - and put them away - not ball them up in the drawer like my kids do - you know, so you have to either iron them or wash them again to get the wrinkles out...
Old 01-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #4  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i would be thrilled if my kids even balled up their clothes to put them away. they have more fun tearing clothes out of the dresser though. so i learned the hard way and moved their dressers into my room with mine so i didn't have to keep folding clothes.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #5  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Funny--I'm in Washington too! I just finished listening to the first disk of French Women don't get Fat. Like...I'm not going to spend a weekend drinking leek soup, BUT I really appreciate the *approach* to food, eating, etc. that seems to be the main theme so far.

I downloaded the book from audible--man, that is a great thing if you like books on tape They're having a sale right now too with big discounts on some books so I stocked up on some of the No. 1 Lady Detective titles since they're only $7! I quilt a lot (like tonight) and I like listening to books on tape then. I usually find that I'm MUCH more relaxed when I crawl into bed on these nights (or when I read) compared to the nights when I have the tv on (but...there are just some shows I won't give up!).

Gosh, I don't even get the excuse of kids and I STILL hate doing laundry
Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #6  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i love the puget sound area. i'm originally from michigan, so it's a whole lot different out here. scenery's much better, that's for sure!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #7  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hmmm....and I'll bet the cost of living is WAY lower. Sh!t, you can't even buy a house these days near Seattle for much less than a quarter of a mil
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 AM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Is it Michigan that kids about the mosquito being the state bird?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 AM   #9  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

lol i haven't heard that before, about the mosquitos, but it certainly does fit. summer's no fun there after a bit of rain and all the mosquitos start hatching.

as for the cost of living, groceries and basic shopping was cheaper there, but i think that has to do partly with the min wage being so much higher here (it's only 5.15 in MI). we were in a 2 bedroom apt in MI and that ran $545/month. here, we're in a 3 bed house for $550/month. so for whatever reason, in this area anyway, housing seems to be cheaper (we're not in a lousy area, either).
Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

hey, i'm in TX, and it's nearly midnight...I should be hanging clothes up...I've given up on folding them....hubby just pulls them all out and throws them on my chair in the bedroom and the kiddos do the same in their rooms...so my mil told me I should put hooks on the walls...I did and it made all the difference....shirts and pants get put on hooks...and the undies and socks go in a drawer...anyway, hope y'all have a great night...I'm gonna try and get some sleep the baby will wake me up here in a couple of hours so I should try to get some....
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #11  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Oh, that's a great idea about the hooks!

G'night ladies. I'm headed for bed myself. Tomorrow is....blech....Monday. And my sick boss has a team meeting every Monday at 8 am (cruel, just too cruel! )
Closed Thread