Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! Wk 3, Jan 9,2006

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 09:28 PM
:welcome:

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 82 days (12 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. Anonymous

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
:bravo: After only 2 weeks this group has lost 81.3 pounds!

I am keeping track of the weight loss through your tickers so please post at least once a week so I can include your loss in the total. This past week I was only able to find 22 updated tickers so the 81.3 is the total loss of 22 people on this thread.

Three reasons to continue to lose weight:

1: So my children can sit on my lap

2: So I can fit behind the steering wheel

3: So I can wear clothes without the letter X in the size

teahoney
01-08-2006, 09:42 PM
That is fantastic. 81.3 pounds is wonderful. It makes me feel even better to know that I'm a part of that number. Way to ho ladies!!!!

reshiegirl
01-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi Sheri! Thanks for posting that - I hope this week to be part of the losers and not gain again!!

I had a great Thursday and Friday, and a not so great weekend. Tomorrow it's back on the wagon, and I am going to start exercising tomorrow as well -some of the ladies I work with invited me to walk with them at lunch, so I am llooking forward to that!

Wishing everyone a very successful week three !!

sweet_pea
01-08-2006, 10:33 PM
hi everyone

sheri - that's a good idea posting 3 reasons to lose weight. i especially like #3 so i borrowed it LOL

1: So I can wear clothes without the letter X in the size

2: So I can dance!

3: So I can feel better about myself

DragonTush
01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
82lbs is fantastic. I hope to add to that tomorrow...I weigh in on Mondays. I like that idea of psoting three reasons to lose it all.

Here are mine.

1. So I can play with my kids for longer than five minutes without getting tired.
2. So I can shop for clothes that look good, feel good and don't have the dreaded X
3. So I not only feel sexy BUT look sexy too. Slinky black dress, here I come...

bigmamatita
01-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm in! I plan on losing 24lbs by April Fools! I will stick to my Lean Cuisine Meals and lots of H2O. Good Luck Ladies!

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Reward yourself! All this hard work and success deserves a payoff here are a few ideas:

Subscribe to a magazine you always wanted
Buy something for your hobby (i.e., car, garden, music, collections, holidays).
Pay someone to do the yardwork or house cleaning this week.
See a movie.
Put $1 in a jar every time you meet a goal. When it gets to $50, treat yourself.
Go for a spa treatment or massage.
Get a manicure with a sexy new nail polish
Go to the hairdresser for a hairwash, massage and style

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey Ladies...I don't think I've posted in a while I've go kinda lost on here.....It hard to keep up with everything....I will weight in tomorrow....

1.so I can feel and look better
2.to have more self confidence
3.to be able to find clothes that fit(I'm in that in between stage)

icedragon6669
01-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone!

Sheri i will add to below my ticker how much i have lost since christmas (saves getting a new ticker!) I think i was at 176 at christmas!?

I am doing good, did weights today, may be a run tomorrow or the next!(depending on the rain letting up)

My 3 reasons to lose weight
1. to be able to enjoy life to the fullest.
2. to buy NICE clothes! (to be able to buy off the rack in normal stores, not plus size mo-mo's)
3. to feel like no one is pointing there finger at me all the time, because of my size? or talking behind my back? you know they do, and it hurts!

I could probably think up a ton more! and none to why i would want to gain it back!

keep up the good work everyone!

chaarli
01-09-2006, 02:47 AM
3 reasons to lose weight
1.To get my bodyfat % down to a healthy level
2.To have the energy I need to get through the day without feeling exhausted at the end of it
3.To be healthy and fit for my children and my hubby.

I was doing well but blew it foodwise today. I will be back to it tomorrow and get everything back under control.

sweet_pea
01-09-2006, 06:00 AM
hi all
well done to the "losers" among us!
i had a good day today. went out dancing tonight then caught up with a friend. i did have a late meal which is naughty. service was slow and i should probably have cancelled too late now!

i also had a massage today so that was nice.

haven't weighed in, will wait until next weekend as it is t.o.m. did have too much chocolate and not enough veges today but at least i had a fun day hehe

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-09-2006, 06:40 AM
1 To feel better about my self
2 To be able to wear "the cute cloths"
3 To be around for my grandkids

I am did over eat yesterday. But I am back in the swing today. My goal is to get up early to do a workout before I go to work. I did not make it today but I will try for it tomorrow. Good luck all!!!!!! I know we will do it.

And can I say WOW 81 lbs :carrot: Great Job every one!!!!! Keep up the good work

Leigh

Jailene
01-09-2006, 10:43 AM
did we add my 5 to that? i am down three more this week, two from the previous week. i cant remember if i posted recently.

congrats to everyone here on their losses. wonder what the total weight lost will be by April 1?? maybe a pony? well over a great dane.... isnt it amazing what a few people can do when we set our minds to it, and have some support?

Three reasons to lose weight!

1. I live in Florida, Want to wear that bikini to Cocoa Beach!
2. To be a good, healthy example for my daughters.
3. Sexy, Sexy, Sexy

I appreciate you all so much for supporting me and keeping me accountable!

racegirl78
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Over 80lbs is awesome! Let's all burn extra clories with our Happy Dance! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

My 3 reasons:

1. To wear what I want, not what I have to.
2. To race this summer
3. To make my dh do this :dizzy: :love:

Sheri~C
01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
bigmamatita: Welcome to the 90th person to join us!:carrot: 24 pounds is a great goal. I added 1 cup of cooked spinach to my Lean Cuisine meal today and wow it was filling, added 14 grams of fiber so that should last the rest of the day! Stick with us and post often!

Sonja: The last weight I have for you was 175 Dec 20th. You are doing so well with your exercise and it is because of you that I got moving at out the door walking, you do enough exercise for 2-3 people so I sure can do some too!

chaarli: Good for you! Getting back on track is all you need to do. Sometimes we let a little side trip take us off the rails. That is when you need to get in here and talk to us and help us get you back on again. Good Job Chaarli!

sweet_pea: The dancing is a good thing! We can all have fun with our workouts! I took my 6 year old walking with me and we danced and kicked our legs up and stopped to shake our booties, it was great!

Leigh: Great that you are back in the swing today, maybe you get in some activity at work today. We don't always have to get on the sweats and workout, every little bit of movement helps!

Jailene: You bet your 5 is in there and even my little .4! I am not going to miss an ounce! lol If it will motivate everyone more I will post the weight loss at the start of every new thread.

racegirl: What kind of race are you going to enter?

for those who have trouble finding the thread again go up to the top of the page and click on "thread tools" Then click on "subscribe to thread" You can keep track of all your favorite threads this way and get a daily or weekly update in your e-mail.

I want all of your lost pounds so come in at least once a week to post your success!

lateralus98
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone, my weigh in for today is ... drum roll.... 134! :D

My 3 reasons for losing weight are:

1. To feel good about myself and boost my confidence & self esteem
2. To show people it can be done the old fashioned way
3. To be healthier
Oh and #4....

To feel sexy and beautiful!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Sheri you are doing a great job Keeping up with all of this.....give yourself a pat on the back....

Danzer5570
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Woo-hoo!!! Great job everyone! :carrot::carrot: :carrot: Even though I only lost a pound, I still feel great for contributing to the loss of more than 80 lbs!

I posted over in the week 2 thread, and I kinda got off plan this weekend. But I'm back on it now, and I feel awesome! Watching what I eat...already have 3 servings of fruits and veggies in. And I did an hour of circuit training! I'm so pumped today...I think this time the weight is really gonna come off! And it's all thanks to all you great ladies on this board!

Thanks for the encouragement and keep it up :D :carrot: :strong: :bravo: :dance: :ebike:

tsots
01-09-2006, 01:54 PM
I am back Sheri. I haven't lost anything yet, its been struggle for the past month or two. I've been working out everyday at least 1hr and 30 min and eating healthy, but some reason my weight is not going down. May be I am at plateau, but I don't know if it lasts that long or not. Hopefully by next week I will have something to contribute to conbined total loss. 82 lbs sounds great. Thanks for your support!!!

sharonjr
01-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi! Can I join in? April Fool's Day is my Birthday and my goal is to lose a total of 27lbs. 155lbs is a good weight for me, attainable, sexy, healthy! I can't weight! Hope it's not too late to join, Sharon

DragonTush
01-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I've lost 6 lbs in the last week and a half. I'm almost at my Jan. goal and I can see my April fools goal lined up lol.

I can't believe how well I am doing this go round. My last round. I guess its all in my attitude. I'm not looking for a temporary fix anymore. I realize that planning and exercise are a must so just accept it. I'm not fighting myself anymore. I KNOW I will reach my goals....each mini goal at a time. :D

_MelissaLyn_
01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
1. to feel about myself, the way my 2 year old does about me. like i am awesome and can do anything!
2. to be able to dance with my daughter all over the living room when the wiggles are singing.
3. to fit into the skinny clothes that have been hidden in my closet for 10 years.

chrmiller
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Add in 4 lbs for me!!!

Sheri~C
01-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Rachel: I can't figure out what your total loss is for this challenge, how many pounds down?

Heather: Never say ONLY 1 pound. 1 pound is a huge amount, I keep a pound of butter in the fridge just so I can look at it and see what a pound really is! lol
1 Pound is a great loss, keep it up!:strong:

tsots: Sometimes plateaus can go on for a long while. Try shaking up your routine. If you are doing the same workout change it up a little and if you are eating the same foods change those as well. I know that if you are working out too hard you move from burning fat to burning sugar could that be possible for you? If you want to know more about how that all works, yet again I recommend "The New Fit or Fat" by Covert Bailey. This book will tell you everything you need to know about how to teach your body to burn fat.

Sharon: Welcome, it is never too late to join us! I can't wait to say Happy Birthday:hb: to a lighter you!

DragonTush: Wow, you are just moving it off like crazy! That is fantastic, you rock!:cp:

_MelissaLyn_: Welcome, We look forward to hearing more from you!

chrmiller: Oh, Boy! That is great these pounds of fat are adding up like bars of gold in Fort Knox!:dancer:

sunshine06
01-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Still can't get the scale to move, but i feel it in my clothes so that is ok by me. AND DH said I am looking hot!! OK! I have bumped my calorie intake down to 1200, might be my problem, just getting too much food, and I added another 20 minutes on the treadmill to my Billy workout. So we will see what happens. I am determined to make this work.
Took dd to the store today and tried on board shorts, She wanted me to buy the smaller size, I guess she has confidence in me, but I was too chicken. I have enough small clothes in my closet that I cannot fit into yet. But I will, and then I will shop for board shorts, too.
Have a great week, everyone and congrats on those great losses!!

icedragon6669
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Lets call it our larder of tossed out lard!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

luey
01-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Ok, I wanna do it too! April 1st is already my long-term goal, so that makes it easy - 23 pounds by April 1st! It's a tough goal but with the support of you all I'm sure I can do it.

bigmamatita
01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I speed walked on the treadmill for 45 min today. I stuck to my lean cuisine meals and a South Beach Diet snack. I feel good and ready for tomorrow. I began my diet friday and my weigh in dates are Mondays. I weighed myself today and so far I've lost 6 lbs. I'm so happy! I still have 24 lbs till I reach my goal....I figured out a way to have a small workout session at my job. We have a long stairway and I'm gonna walk up and down for one of my 15 min breaks. Wish you guys the best for tomorrow. Keep up the good work!:ebike:

bigmamatita
01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
I had to post again cause I just noticed that me and Luey have the same weight loss goal! We can do it Girl!:carrot:

kathyhegg
01-10-2006, 05:06 AM
My scales aren't moving either, but I've lost 10cm in 3 weeks. Woohoo.

1188 calories burnt today at the gym, woohoo

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-10-2006, 06:17 AM
I still went over on my cals yesterday, but I did it with veggies. I only had toast today and I did not make the workout this morrin eather:mad: I just cant make myself get up early....I am not given up eather I am still going to try to make it tomorrow.

I will post more later Love you all.......Later

Leigh

teahoney
01-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Billy and I got together yesterday and I must have really pushed myself because my legs especially are aching and that doesn't usually happen. But since I've also started Turbo Jam, I only do Billy every other day verses every day and that might be making the difference. Today is my Turbo Jam day so that's cardio although I usually ache after that workout too. You're so busy enjoying the music and having fun that you don't realize how good of a workout you are getting.

tipsygypsy
01-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Just checking in so that my ticker shows for next week's tally! :)

MorticiaAddams
01-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Just got back from working out. I always get up after a couple hours of sleep and stay up and dont go back to bed for a couple hours, so I said if im going to do that I will go up to the gym for now on. And im glad I made that rule for myself because it felt good today. I did 5 miles cardio and 15 minutes weights. I really feel good. This might be the thing I needed to get me in gear again. Warmer weather a workout schedule that is working out for me. :carrot: :carrot:
Look out next summer Im looking to look good in a bathing suit. My ultimate goal is to be able to wear a bikini. :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I was thinking about getting my boobs done in July when I am close to my goal weight. I know it will be something to work for. Has anyone else had the same though and did you find out how much it cost???? I really want this. Can yall give me some help with this......I need some input..

Leigh

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-10-2006, 12:30 PM
By the way I was talking about getting them done smaller...lol....I forgot to say that..

PrestonsMama
01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
My goal for AFC is to lose 25 lbs. So far I've lost 1 lb. making that 24 lbs. to go, but even more motivating is that I've lost 4.25 inches in one week!!!!

PrestonsMama
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Leigh - I don't know anything about how much a breast reduction costs, but if you find out, let me know bc I may be interested myself!

racegirl78
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
racegirl: What kind of race are you going to enter?

I am entering endurance auto races this summer.

Loser2B
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi! Can I join in? April Fool's Day is my Birthday and my goal is to lose a total of 27lbs. 155lbs is a good weight for me, attainable, sexy, healthy! I can't weight! Hope it's not too late to join, Sharon

Sharon, my bday is also April Fool's Day :) My goal is 30 lbs ~ we will both thinner on our birthday!!!

teahoney
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Leigh, I want to get a breast reduction too when I reach goal or am close to it. I have really big breasts that affect my neck, back and shoulders so my insurance will cover it. You should see if you can have it covered.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I will be looking into that.....I dont want to get it done till I am closer to my goal weight....May be in July....

Sheri~C
01-10-2006, 04:09 PM
bigmamatita: You are doing great! 6 pounds!!! FANTASTIC! keeep up the good work all that exercise and the lean cuisines are doing their job!

kathyhegg: Excellent! centimeters are as good as pounds!

Everyone is doing so well with their exercise, that is so awesome. Well I weighed in today and lost another .4! I am hoping to get a full pound at least for next week. I think I have gone over a bit on my sodium so I will be watching that this week.

HiImChristine
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
1. feel good.. not feel fat.
2. To get checked out!!! Im married..but to get checked out by someone in the mall or something.. I'd be SO happy!! and happier to say..sorry, im taken. tee hee!!
3. To wear a bathingsuit and be confident. or just confident in even a skirt! geez! lol

jenn_mullett
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey everyone! Congrats to all who have lost weight and those who are working hard to meet their goal! I have lost 2lbs so far, which isn't the greatest but hey at least I havent gained any. I went to the gym this AM, and then did the 3 mile walk video. I also joined WW tonight. I found it was pretty informative, I got a ways to go, but I am sure that I can make it!

jenn_mullett
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh my 3 reasons for sheading some pounds:
1. to be able to buy nice clothing
2. to feel better about myself
3. to prevent future health problems

I could probably list alot more:)

yukimfat
01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok, here are my 3 reasons to lose weight.

1. I want to shop at stores other than the Plus sized ones. I really am looking forward to going to the department stores at the mall and charging a bunch of money on some cute outfits.

2. I want more energy. Not just in physical sense, but I want that feeling of empowerment that I can take from my dieting motivation to use in other parts of my life.

3. I want to stop being ashamed of how I look. How "see" myself reflects on how I act. I see myself as a frump, therefore I act like a frump. (No. 2 helps with No. 3)

Also, for Sheri: my weigh in day is going to be every Sunday and I hope to continously contribute to the ticker. :D

Darby1
01-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey girls,
I went to the spa with my sister yesterday, and it was fantastic. If any of you are in Colorado, I highly recommend the Tallgrass Spa in Evergreen.

Eating went pretty well yesterday. We did end up eating at the Cheesecake factory afterwards, but I shared an appetizer and I ate a lunch portion size salad, which was delicious and filled me up so I didn't eat any dinner.

I also discovered a new tea at the spa, and bought some. It's called Aveda Comforting tea, and it is delicious. It's naturally sweet, so doesn't need sugar. Sadly, it's pretty pricey, so I have to limit myself to one cup a day. I could seriously drink it all day, though.

Today food has been ok, exercise not so much. I don't have to go to work until 1pm tomorrow, so I will exercise before work.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great exercise-wise! I'm very proud (and motivated!) Keep up the good work.

Darby

FoursMom
01-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I want to join too! Im new here, just joined today. This is what I need, an accountable goal!

1. to feel good about myself
2. to look good at the pool this summer
3. to feel good about myself, again...

How do I put in one of those weight loss counter bars???

WW goal 150lbs. (155 really)
Starting today at WW at...??? about 170
Want to be there, or almost by April Fools Day!:carrot:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Ok I think I can put off getting up early till next week..lol I have missed it all this week and I will try it again next week. I have started to look into the boob job :o I am now going full tilt on the weight loss. So look out ladies. Here I come. I am going to work full time on this....

I had toast and water this morrin (no milk in the house I need to go shopping)
I will have a chicken sandwish today for lunch (skinless chicken)
Supper is still up in the air I got to think of something to cook.I will have my walk today and will do my workout tonight. I did not do it last night because we got home to late from the movies. We took the kids out to see the movie for the good grades they got on report cards.

I hope all of you are well and have a great day!!!

Leigh

curvygurl
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Wow, we are all doing so well. I slipped for the last 2 days but am back on track. I got an ab lounge last week and love it. I am determined to not let it just sit there and collect dust. Keep up the good work everyone!!!! We can do it. :carrot:

Here are a few reasons I want to lose the weight.

1. My Health
2. I want to cross my legs
3. My friend is getting married in Sept. and I want to look good

tipsygypsy
01-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Oops, I never listed my three reasons!

1) To feel beautiful.
2) To be more graceful.
3) To be able to look nice in the clothes I like.

I'm shallow, what can I say.

chaarli
01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I've been really struggling with the food and because of it ended up putting on 2 pounds..I'm not going to adjust my ticker until I get those pounds off.
yesterday I planned what I was going to eat and stuck to it completely.
It feels so good to be back in control of things again.
i know that I have a long way to go but I also know that I can do it if I really try.

jules1216
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Switched from regular calorie laden coke to water Jan 1st. I checked in earlier but haven't been back regularly...

My 3 reasons---
1- to be able to update my wardrobe now that I am an empty nester and have $ to spend on me...
2- to have energy and not be tired all the time
3- to make my husband look at me the way he used to (20 years together)
since I've been going to the gym he told me my butt is looking good--mind you I am still over the 200 pound mark!

sunshine06
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
No, I never made my three reasons, either. I think there are more than 3...

1. to be HAPPY with the number on the scale.
2. to wear some beautiful sundresses that I have in my closet.
3. to look knockout gorgeous on this cruise in April!!

Staying on plan, still, just came from Applebees, my weekly lunch with DH, had the Southwest cobb salad- only 9 points, and I am set for a while.
Running on the treadmill tonite before dinner, then tomorrow it is off to work out with Billy again. If anyone is on the fence about getting his Boot Camp series, Go for it!! It is a great workout set and not too too intense. I love it. Makes ya think twice before eating a big dinner or having desert, that is for sure.

Rivergal60
01-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Help!! I need a few kicks from you girls. I haven't been doing good and I still have the 5 pounds to lose I gained back at Christmas. Today is my BD and after my BD dinner tonight it's ON PROGRAM for sure. I have 25 to lose for this challenge and I've got to get on with it. Make sure those kicks get to me by in the morning. Thanks for all your help and kicks.

All of yall are doing so great, keep at it.
Later,

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I was just sitting here kicking my on butt in my note book and I saw you post so I quote "The only way to keep losing the weight is to stay moving. Stay strong. Dont let the small things bother you. You got this!!!!!!! Its yours!!!!!!!" I am thinking of new ways to stay active. Ways to burn more cals in a day..Mostly things to do with my kids.

So get up and do something...Anything....jump around if you have to.

Leigh

gjmedina
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I just joined yesturday! I am very excited and enjoy reading everyones suggestions and support. Good luck to you all.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
By the way I wanted to add another reason to do this...
4 To not feel like... second best or... just something to do untill something better comes along..anymore

** Stacye **
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Heya Losers! :D

I've been MIA the last 5 days b/c year end and taxes are keeping me BUSY! I'll try to be more supportive this week!

Weigh-In :: Add another 5 lbs to the total lost for the thread ... Yep, I lost 5 lbs! :carrot: I'm now in another decade - literally, b/c I weigh 1 lb less than I did 10 yrs ago! It feels so good being back on track!

Well, I have some reading to do ... I'll be back when I'm done!

** Stacye **
01-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Ok, I'm back from reading ...

First of all everyone is doing SUPER FABULOUS - Stay Strong and Keep it up!

Morticia :: Your B & D pics look awesome girl!! You should be so proud of yourself ... which I know ya are!! :) *btw* looks like the beloved has shed some pounds as well .. Fantasic!

My TOP 3 Reasons for Losing Weight ::

(1) Health - Under treatment for pre-diabetes since July 2004.
(2) ME - Time to fix what I've messed up! (body)
(3) ME again - Altho I don't feel like I've missed out on much, I do know that there are things that I haven't done b/c of my weight ... like rollercoasters! :D

dawn7672
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I guess I also forgot to list my 3 reasons for losing wt.

1. To feel comfortable in my own skin.
2. To finally buy clothes and try them on in the store(rt. now I wait 'til I get home 'cause I'm to embarrased to get undress in the store).
3. To be as active as I would like to be(rt. now, I don't like to go to new and exciting places 'cause I might have to walk for a long time, which I can't really do without having to take a break).

I'm really winded tonight. I haven't been to the site in a couple of days. I miss my family here. I've been eating ok, fat is a little high today (35%) but most of it is good fat so I will be more conscious of how much my intake is.

Congradulations to everyone on their loss. I'll post my weigh in on friday.

Rivergal60
01-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks Unicorn, I know we can do this. There is so much support here. I'm with you , moving moving moving. That is gonna be one of my goal. As much exercise and moving those calories out! Maybe along with the reg. exercise, I'll try to do something different one day a week to keep it fun and new. I know from losing in the past, if you quit the exercise the weight comes back.
My 3 reasons are: 1. To be able to move with ease like getting up out of the floor and bending or whatever like a young person again. (46 ain't old, the weight just makes you feel that way).

2. To lower my blood presser, so I can come off the meds. And be as healthy as I can be.

3. To look good in my clothes, and swimsuit. Boy, how long that's been, do I even remember? Yes, I do and it felt great. And will again.

We can do this !!! :strong: :ebike: :tread: :cp:

Sheri~C
01-11-2006, 09:25 PM
FoursMom: Welcome, Good for you for joining WW! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

curvygurl: Nothing makes me feel as good as doing situps! You Go!

jules1216: That is FANTASTIC! You will find you feel so much better!

sunshine06: I love that you are eating well while dining out and getting lot's of exercise!

Rivergal60: O.K. That is it! You have no more excuses it is time to get real and focus woman! We are all here beaming positive weight losing vibes your way, grab them and get going! :)

Leigh: Right On!

gjmedina: Welcome! Tell us more about yourself!

Stacye: That is so Awesome! You are doing great, keep it going!

dawn: You are doing great, take care of yourself!

Sheri~C
01-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I am doing pretty good this week, I am able to do the WATP dvd all the way through now and can't wait for my new ones to get here. It is starting to snow here so I am not walking outside right now. I was really enjoying that too.

I am going to really monitor my foods this week, I have been putting everything into fitday so I know exactly where I am at. I was slipping a little without realizing it and I want to get my weight loss back up into the whole numbers next week.

I made a great Bean Soup today and had that for supper so I am getting in all of my fiber every day now too.

I am going to be so healthy it will make everyone else sick! lol

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Thats great Sheri sounds like you are really on track. Keep up the good work you will have it in no time. You are a great leader for this thread you do a great job. I know we will all meet our goals together.:hug: We will all be in sexy outfits :carrot: and makeing the boys durll:D

Leigh

DragonTush
01-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I thought of a #4 for my reasons to lose weight...

#4....To not be the fat mom at my sons school. He is in kindergarten and I always feel like the other moms are looking down on me because of my weight.

Anyway after my pizza debacle last night I am back on track! I was going to walk today but hubby went out before I could so I am going to do my stairs here.....get some activity in. I go to the gym tomorrow too so at least I'll get the butt burning lol.

rivergal......get yer butt going girl! You know you can do this.

noniesmom
01-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi Dragon,
I know what you mean about the mom's at school......uuuugggghhh! they all look so damn perfect!
The reality is they are probably really nice too, I am just too unhappy with myself to initiate a conversation. I tend to breeze in and out of there. I would like to be more involved but to uncomfortable.
Ahhhhh one day!
Jen

noniesmom
01-12-2006, 12:04 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/263/135/237/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

dgpebbles
01-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I've been doing great this week at eating at drinking my water...I only got in 3/4 days of exercise so far cause of having to work over....i can't wait weigh-in on monday...I know this is my week...

Rivergirl - you can do It...I find it hard sometimes too but you just have to say to yourse "I have to move it to lose it" So get going girl we are all with you

Fourmos & gjmedina - Welcome..you well find alot of support and motivation here...this is a great group of girls

Stacey - AWESOME-- 5lbs down is great...keep up what you are doing cause is working girl...

Dawn - good luck with your weigh-in on friday and you can never be to long winded.lol.... we love talkers

Sheri - you go girl ... great job on making WATP all the way through...It really makes you feel good when you can complete it...

stagemomx3
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm down 1 pound this week. Sorry I don't have time to check in much on this thread!

dgpebbles
01-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Great job Michelle..keep up the great work...and come chat some more...

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Ok I know I am late today but I was in a meeting....I did a great yesterday I keep my cals down and did my workout and my walk. I have started off good today. It looks like its going to be a busy day with meeting and all. I hope you are all well, and working hard on your goals. Keep up the good work.

Leigh

teahoney
01-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I woke up this morning feeling weird. Really, I feel thinner. I woke up and went to the bathroom and yawned and stretched like a usually do and then scratched my stomach. And that's when I realized, "Hey, there isn't as much tummy as there was before?" It's weird, now I just keep sitting here feeling my stomach wondering if it's smaller or if I'm going crazy. But obviously if I'm losing weight then there is a good chance that it is smaller but I just don't want to accept it for some reason. Who knows?!?

Trixi
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi girls,

Sorry I have been such a slacker when it comes to posting. I usually read while I have lunch at my desk and by the time I catch up I have no time to post...argh.

I gained a few pounds over Christmas (big surprise huh?) but have managed to lose it and two pounds more. Been going to Curves and eating right but still have not managed to get all the water in. Have to make a better effort. I also took the advice and started journalling my food, water and excercise and logged little goals throughout the next few months.

Everone looks like their doing great.

Jailene
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Trixi: i am a horrible poster too. i try to do this at work on break, but i only get to read, and post quickly. lol we need more time...

teahoney: isnt that a great feeling? i have funky fitting clothes now, and its exciting to me!

I overate last night. shame shame. i guess i should be happy, i made it through "that touchy time" without pigging out too bad, only one real slip up... tamale pie. couldnt help myself.... back on track today, my fruit was icky, couldnt eat it, i was sad.

this morning, it was fruit for breakfast, kinda lean but i was in a rush, lunch was a tuna salad made with ww pasta, pickles, onion, and a little mayo.

tonight, its going to be some boneless ribs, and a big green salad, maybe with some cheese.

havent gone to the gym since monday, wont get there tonight either. my bf's truck is having problems with the headlights, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, and he has my car, because his work schedule is later than mine. so i am trapped unti after 7 pm, and by them i am in jammies. walking the dog though, so thats something, right?

weigh in on saturday, wish me luck!

icedragon6669
01-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Guys.

Been a bit AWOL with my posting too! I am guilty.... i admit it!

But guess what!!!!
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE..........

I ran 5 KM STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but I kinda kissed the pavement once! (bloodied knees and elbows, bruised shoulder) but i did get back up and keep on going!)
It was only a matter of time before i tripped over my own feet!!!LOL

But I was sooo euphoric that i did it, the pain doesn't bother me!

And I don't plan to give up! (just take a couple of days to heal! LOL)

Eating has been good! ( scales are telling me i am up a pound! but with TOM coming, i am ignoring it!)

Funny thing is once i have lost all this horrible weight , i find i have less time! because there is always so much more i want to do! (does that make sense?)
So if I don't post too often forgive me! I might be out climbing a mountain! or kayaking up a river, or maybe even spoilling myself for a day out!
The future looks so good, when you don't carry the world around on your a**!!!! (or 100 or more pounds anyway!!)

MommaAshley
01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi All !!!
My name is Elizabeth & I am SO excited about joining the 3FC forums !! I have been lurking and reading the threads for a few days, and finally got up the nerves to post. I am 30 yrs old, am married to J, with 2 step-girls ages 6 & 4, and a son 9 MO.. I work FT, and am just TIRED OF BEING FAT !!! ;)

Well one of my BIGGEST resolutions was to lose weight in 2006. Plus my husband gave me a kick butt incentive !!

He told me that if I would lose 75% of my goal weight by November ~ We would go on a 7 day cruise of my choice!! How could I not be willing even more for that WOOHOO !!!

So here's some of what I am doing:

1. Giving up sugar (which I've already done, thank the lord for Splenda)

2. Giving up caffeine & only drinking one soda a day (if that)

3. Exercising at least 30 mins at day (work in progress)

4. Allowing myself only 1250-1300 calories a day ! (currently doing)

WHY do I want to do this ?

1. So I can be around to see my son, my step-daughters and future children grow up and have families.

2. To be more healthy !

3. To look and FEEL sexy

And of course there are a billion more I could put !!

So that's what I am doing. . . I am really TRYING hard and so far I've lost 11 lbs since January 1st!! :carrot:

LOVING this Challenge !!! :hug:

reshiegirl
01-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I have officially weighed in... I am down 5.4 pounds for the week! Hooray!! That is the 2 I gained last week plus 3 more! :) I am happy.

Thank you all for your support and ideas!!

Rivergal60
01-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey all,
Everyone is doing great. I did much better today. Started my day off with WATP dvd. the one mile. My first time doing that and I really liked it. No hard steps to learn. My eating has been good. Need to get some more water in me before the day ends.

Mommaashley: you are so welcome here, join right in. Wow! 11 pounds since the 1st. I wish I could say that. of course if I had eat and exercised like I should, I could. But congrats to you. Keep up the good work.

Icedragon: Please be careful out there in the exercise world. Great job!!!

I'm off to drink water, catch ya later,

jenn_mullett
01-12-2006, 09:11 PM
It is so hard to keep up with the postings! But nonetheless I am reading them, I just do not have a big lot to say so I am remaining quite quiet. Everythings is going well for me, better then I expected, considering I am back to school. I really wanted to snack last night, and I just told myself your not spending $77 to go to ww and fail. The money scam keeps me motivated. So I am watching my points really closely, and I continue to exercise for about an hour or more on most days. I went to a tonning class today at the gym and it was great....Squats are not easy, i feel when my body aches that I really worked...lol...

Good luck to all! I am looking forward to Tuesday...the weigh in night (it feels almost as good as pay day!)

Jenn

Sheri~C
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
DragonTush: I found a wonderful way to make pizza at home. :jeno: I buy these wonderful "sprouted Grain Tortillas" Made by Healthyway. They are 12 inches and only 2 points each with 6 grams fiber. I use an ounce of cheese, diced onion, green pepper, and a spicy brushetta mix as the base, it is so good I don't even miss regular pizza anymore.

Tracy: I know what you mean! I keep rubbing my hand over my tummy and I know it feels smaller and I kinda feel like everything is pulling in.:yes:

AnVy1221: Wow you are really putting in a lot of time with the exercise,:ebike: good for you!

Trixi: Do you have a water bottle at your desk? If not get yourself a 32 ounce bottle and freeze 1/3 of it then add your water when you leave the house in the am. Just having it close at hand through the day will keep you drinking it and you will have 1/2 your water in. I like to make my favorite herbal tea and keep it in the fridge I found a very nice orange peach blend that is so flavorful that I like it without sugar and I drink that when I get tired of water.

Jailene: I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!:goodluck:

Sonja: :hug: for the boo boo!lol. I can't wait to get where you are, you tell that mountain I am on my way!

MommaAshley: Welcome! Wow! I want a DH like yours! You have the incentive that is for sure, now comes all the fun! We will be here to cheer you on!

reshiegirl: Oh Yeah!:cheer: :goodscale :cheer: That is great we knew you would do it!

I am doing well I have been eating clean all week as I am determined to move that scale to a full pound on Tuesday, no more of these 4/10ths that is over! I went for an outdoor walk and managed to do 25 minutes so I am very happy. Strange that regular walking uses muscles in my butt that the WATP tapes don't!

If any of you are looking for music for your mp3 players so you can walk too check out the following site, you have to put in the www and remove the spaces in the name and add .com

my walking music

This group is doing so well, I am so glad I started it you are keeping me motivated and on track, Stay Strong!

MommaAshley
01-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the wonderful Welcome !! :hug:

WOW ~ this is an awesome group of ladies, and I have enjoyed reading EVERY single thread in this group, and look forward to the coming weeks as we all count down together !! :carrot:

AS for my DH - he's pretty darn awesome, and a keeper for sure. He started this and he's on his weigh to being in shape and healthier too !!

I am going to be taking pictures every few weeks of each of us as we do this. And who knows if he'll let me OR if I can get away with it, I'll post both of us :p

Looking forward to this Ladies !!! :D

dawn7672
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi all, I decided to post my weight now since I went to bally's and had a full fitness assessment and to my surprise it was good. My body fat is down from 44.10% to 43.9% not much but it is something great. I lost .75 of a pound. I'll take a loss of any kind. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for a personal trainer or not. I do believe that I can benefit from it but I'm just not sure what to do. Well, congrats to all the loser:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: , and to those who stayed the same or gained, congrats to you too:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: ,I've learned that staying the same or gaining might just be muscle mass, make sure you check your inches lost. I'll check back on the weekend. Goodnight family:hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
GM All :hug:
I did really well yesterday with my eating..:D I also got in about 45 mins of a workout and cleaned like a madwomen..lol...I may go to the Doc on Monday to start the ball rolling on the boob job:o I want to have it done in April at that time I will be with in 10lbs of my goal. I can't wait to weigh on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great day....Stay safe...and Keep MOVING:carrot:

Leigh

Trixi
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Sheri, my problem is I drink beer when I get sick of water....lol

dgpebbles
01-13-2006, 11:22 AM
hello everyone..glad to hear everyone is doing great

Dawn - congrats on the weight and body fat loss...I have a scale that is suppose to weigh body fat and body fluid but not sure how accurat it is..

Rivergirl - well it seems you ahve your motivation back again..i guess all that kicking in the butt helped

Reshiegirl- 5.4 lbs is great..keep it up..you can do it

Also I weighed in today and I'm down 2lbs this week

AnVy1221
01-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi there. I weighed in today and I am down 4.8 pounds (my tracker only shows 4 pounds but it's all good) for the week. I've got to say that I haven't really changed my exercise but I have definitely been eating on program and it has made a difference! After three weeks of nothing, the scale is not stuck anymore. Yay. :carrot:

MommaAshley
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
HI Ladies :)

I love logging on and reading the updates you each post !! And am really already feeling like I am a part of this Challenge !!! :smug:

Leigh, I wish I could be a mad woman and clean like you did, AWESOME on the 45 min workout - and LUCKY you on starting the actions for a boob job !! I would love to hear how that works out for you !! :cp:

Donna ~ WOOHOO on 2 lbs lost jump up & down!! - GO GIRL !!! :carrot:

Amy ~ WOOHOO jump up and down on 4.8 lbs lost ~ YOU GO GIRL !!! :carrot:

:cheer: GO LADIES KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK !!! :cheer:

candoitby06
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Weigh In day for me, 5 pounds down....phew.

Looks like you guys are doing great!! Keep up the amazing work!! This will pay off in the end and soon dieting will not be such a chore! Keep on pushing girls!

Hope all is well!

Trixi
01-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Candoit....that is one beautiful baby....thanks for making me smile, makes me want to save it as wallpaper :)

Danzer5570
01-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I've been lacking in posting here...sorry! Just have been really busy with school and stuff. I've been keeping up with eating well and exercising, and I lost another pound! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I'm so excited! This is the first time I've actually done a REAL diet, so it's a lot more rewarding for me. :D Thanks for all the support everyone, and keep it up!

Fluffy_Fiona
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi, I am new here to fat chicks! :wave:
I would love to join the April Fool's Challenge. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. I have already lost 2 pounds this week. I am going to try my hardest to make this goal and hopefully make a few friends here as well. :^:

Sheri~C
01-13-2006, 03:38 PM
MommaAshley: Can't wait to see your pictures! I just got a new camera and so I hope to post my pictures soon.

dawn7672: Great loss! Now you know you are getting fitter, keep going!

Leigh: Good job cleaning and eating right! I hope you will post some before and after pictures both for the weight loss and the new girls!

Trixi: That is not a good thing! lol Beer is so high in calories, just tell yourself you hate it and it tastes like sweat socks!

dgpebbles: Way to go! That is so great!

AnVy1221: That is excellent! You Rock! if you get your ticker here:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php it will show the .8!

candoitby06: Wow! Awesome! Everything is great with you posting a loss like that. You have got it under control!

Danzer5570: Good job! Keep going and come by more often!

You are all doing so well, it is awesome to come on and see how strong you all are! I am amazed by our current total weight loss and you will be too when I post it for Monday's new thread.

I can tell you that it totals....na I will wait.

tipsygypsy
01-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Oops, I need to update my ticker! Hold on...there! I think two pounds a week is a really healthy loss; I hope I can keep it up.

My accomplishment this week is that I'm actually starting to think I can dance. If y'all knew my general self-esteem and how clumsy I've always considered myself, you'd know how huge this is. :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Sheri you are to funny I needed a good HA HA and yes I do have the before shot...and I will post the after when I get there......I hope all of you do the same..I would love to see the faces of the people I have been talk to...I talk to my mom and husband about all of you and they keep ask me "now who is that" I have to stop and think that they do not see our little talks and it turns into a long story.....lol

Sheri~C
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I know what you mean Leigh, I tell my DH I have to go check on "My Girls" and he says, who the heck are you talking about!

I have my before pictures and though they scare the **** out of me I will post them along with the progress pictures I have. I am just waiting until I get to 50 off and then I will have 3 shots to post, starting, 25 down and 50 down.

Sheri~C
01-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Tipsy,

That is so awesome! You are doing so great with your weight loss! 75 pounds down altogether. You are so strong!

:carrot: :carrot: :bravo: :carrot: :carrot:

I love to dance and I hate to think what I look like. I love watching Dancing with the Stars and imagining that I will be able to do that someday! lol

penpal
01-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Just checking in. I'm the same weight as last week :^:. At least I haven't gained. Keep up the good work everybody! :carrot:

chaarli
01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Well I've done it! I've had three straight days of being good and the result is I've lost 3 pounds..but I still can't move my ticker 1 pound to go to get back to where I was at the beginning of January.
I'm so proud of myself.
I basically haven't even pointed what I was doing but made sure that I had small point meals and snacks of approxiamately the same size each day..and it's worked.
Now to get the ticker to start showing a weight loss and then all will be good.
My biggest problem has been snacking at night..but this week I decided I could have 1 low point snack and nothing else..if I feel hungry I've had a cup of Cinnamon and Apple and Camomile Tea and that seems to be doing the trick.:carrot:

sunshine06
01-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Looks like everyone is doing great! Welcome to all the recent posters. Seems like a great group to help to keep each other motivated. Scale still not moving but I know that some inches are melting away, clothes definitely getting looser. Walk/Run on Treadmill 30 minutes today then had to go to lunch with my group for the chamber of commerce. Luckily they went to a buffet where I could control my eating. Salad piled sky high with all the bright colored veggies. They also had yummy sweetpotatoes plain, so I had that too. Dessert table was tempting but my friend helped me get through it. She said, "I am so over it" and then we just moved on. LOL
Thanks for all the great motivation here, I check in to read at least once a day and that keeps me right on track! You all are great!!
Have an awesome weekend and keep on losing!!

Rivergal60
01-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey all, So many doing so good. I'm proud of you all. Will be happy when my pounds join yours on the run. My eating was pretty good. water could have been better and I just finished doing the one mile WATP.It really does make you feel better. Don't know why some days you have to make yourself do it. Well, I'm off to watch a movie. DH is off tonight so I have him to cuddle up to in bed with and watch a movie.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Talk to ya later, :wave:

** Stacye **
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey girls!

Sheri :: Just a big :hug: for starting such a wonderful thread!

Amy :: Congrats on 4.8 lbs ... You're so close to goal ... ^5 that's awesome, keep it up ... you'll be there before ya know it!

Elizabeth :: WoW! 11 lbs of your AFD challenge already!! :carrot: You go girl!!

Morgan :: WTG ... 5 lbs down GONE forever!

Heather :: Yippie ... 1 lb closer to goal!

Fluffy Fiona :: Welcome to the group ... look forward to getting to know ya!

Tipsy :: Oh hun, you're so close ... I bet ya can TASTE it from there!! ^5 on doing such a wonderful job ... you've come so far!

Chaarli :: YaY ... 3 lbs, that's pretty darn good girl ... Congrats!

Sunshine :: What will-power you have... skipping the desert table, a BIG Kudos to you!!

Rivergal :: Hope you're enjoying your snuggle time with the DH! What movie did y'all watch?

- - -

Around Here :: Things are good! My wonderful DH had ordered me The Biggest Loser Workout DVD along with The Biggest Loser Book for Christmas and it finally arrived yesterday ... I was so excited! Yesterday afternoon I was able to get in 25 mins of cardio ... I was good with that, but wished I had done more! Well today I completed the whole HOUR ... so I was pretty stoked about that! My plan is to do cardio on M-W-F and my Elliptical T-Th and then I'll have weekends free. *fingers crossed* Hoping to see a change in the next 6 weeks!

Well, that's all I have for now ... be back later to check in!

have a great weekend everyone ... Thank you for being such an INSPIRATION!!

sunshine06
01-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Stacye
Do you really like the BL workout? I am on the fence about getting it, The show is just such an inspiration. I believe that Jillian has some workout DVD as well, will have to check it out. Great job on getting throught the hour!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-14-2006, 08:29 AM
I am up early today and did my workout first thing. I am going to start wieghing in on Saterday so here we are put 4 more pounds on the board for me :D my DH is cooking a vegg soup today he is going to let it cook all day and it should be just right by the time we get back. We are going to get my christmas today. My ring is finaly back from being sized :carrot: And we are going to get a set of weights. My DH wants to start lifting and working out I must be rubbing off on him:^:

Talk to all of Ya'll later have a great day!!!!!

dgpebbles
01-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I just started doing the biggest loser dvd this week and I like it...It has different workouts that you alternate between , one is cardio and one is strength training...They are tough..I cant get through them 100% but almost..They are alot of fun and I enjoy alot of the moves...It will make you sweat...

La3y - Great job on the early exercise

Chaarli - great job on the 3lbs...You should be moving that ticker by next week..

Well is off to work for me so talk to you all later

icmethinner
01-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Congratulations to everyone for doing so well!!

I started South Beach and it has gotten me off of my plateau - yay!! So after watching for a few days to make sure I had really lost the weight, I decided to update my ticker! This is the best diet I have ever tried!!

keep up the good work everyone!!!! We can do this!!:cheer: :cheer:

And by the time summer rolls around.....:beach:

Fluffy_Fiona
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Thank you Stacye for the welcome! :D

I'm not really on a set diet yet. I have just been watching what I eat and trying my hardest to exercise!
I just started on Monday walking for 2 miles each day combined with a little exercise at home when I have the chance (like 50 sit-ups or leg-lifts).
I'm hoping once I get used to this exercise then I can up my routine.
It must be working though because I have already lost 2 pounds!
I know it is not that big of an achievement but, when you are so used to looking at the scale and seeing that you have gained another pound, it is nice to see a loss for once!
Now I am off for a long walk with my doggy...I had pizza last night :devil: I need to go work that off.

dawn7672
01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi all, just a brief check in today. I have been doing pretty good with my eating this week. H2O could be better, I'm averaging 32-52oz a day,I would like to be somewhere around 48-72oz a day, but I'll try to reach that goal next week. Idecided to get a personal trainer 2x a week to help with focusing on proper techniques and areas to focus, and for greater results than what I'm getting now. I believe that I am not putting in 50% ofthe energy in my workouts, I'm probably stuck at 35%, which will probably slow my bf% loss and inches. I signed up for 24 weeks, so this will be a great benefit. I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing:carrot: . Have a good wkend.:hug: :hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Hello again,
I just got back from my walk I did 2 miles and I use some weights. We did not get the weight bench this week. Maybe next weekend...I have to tell you that I ate a Pizza Hut today and I did very good I only ate one slice :carrot: and a salad. I did not get my snack today at 9 and by the time I got to lunch I was almost sick :p I could not belive how big that little snack was till I did not get it. I hope all of you are well and have a great day

Leigh

candoitby06
01-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Trixi.....Thanks for the beautiful baby comment!! Shes definately the love of my life! She is such a great baby I am so lucky. My next one however, will probably be a terror ;)

Thanks for all the support ladies, its really motivating to me! When I want to reach for those cookies, I come read all the inspiring posts!!

I owe it to you guys!! Thanks a million!!

jenn_mullett
01-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I had to work all weekend, so exercise was really down. I did the stairs when ever possible, and lifted weights, and used my exercise ball, but I did not do near as much as I usually do. Thank god the 1 weekend a month is now almost over...well tomorrow anyways. I weigh in on Tuesday at WW, I am terrified that I have not lost any weight! I haven't looked at the scale since last Tuesday! I don't know if anyone else is in WW, but the 35 flex points a week, if you use them will you loose any weight? I almost feel I am eating too much for this to be considered a diet! Next week my goal is not to use them darn flex points...I have not used all of them but I am up to about 10 right now:( anyways, good luck to you all!

Jenn

Sheri~C
01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Penny: It will start to register at the scale soon, have faith and stay strong!

chaarli: Good Job! Sticking to your plan makes things work the way you want them to. The tea is a great idea at night, strong flavors really help me when I want a snack.

sunshine06: You are staying strong! Good job at the buffet, that can be a real challenge! You keep going!

** Stacye **: Thanks Stacye! It sure keeps me motivated to have you all to come to when I need a lift!

dgpebbles: I love hearing that you are enjoying such a challenging workout! That is awesome, I will have to try it someday.

icmethinner: Allright! :carrot: :carrot: I knew it would happen! We Will Do This!

Fluffy_Fiona: Good for you Fiona, that is a great way to start out. I did the same thing fitting in extra activity when I could and watching portion size. It really helped me when I joined WW as I was already used to sticking to a routine.

dawn7672: You are doing great! I have read that personal trainers are often willing to work with small groups for a reduced rate so you all get one on one training but save a few dollars. Is it expensive to have one?

Leigh: That is a great walk and having only 1 slice of pizza that is amazing! I had pizza in for the kids Friday and it took everything in me not to grab the box and run to my room with it!

jenn_mullett: You are doing very well Jenn, as long as you keep doing the exercise that is awesome! Several people I know swear they must eat each and every flex point if they want to lose and others lose without using them so I am sure it will come off for you. I use at most half of my flex points every week, I just cannot usually find a need for them.

I am doing good, I had a big meal yesterday and used 4 flex points so back to staying right on today. I went and bought some Jicama today I am loving this veggie so much it is like eating candy! I am also learning to make things with dry beans, made a very nice soup that is very filling for 3 points and I still have 13 points left for the rest of the night, I don't know what to eat to use them up.

I spent the day taking down the christmas tree and will finish the rest of the decorations tomorrow. I am glad the Holidays are done for the year now I can really concentrate on getting healthy.

Don't forget to check in early Monday for the total weight loss, you are all going to be so surprised!

mofo
01-14-2006, 10:50 PM
My b-day is April 3rd, so my b-day goal is 27 pounds, for my 27th. That means 6 down, 21 to go.

yukimfat
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone. I lost 2 pounds this week for a current weight of 235

dawn7672
01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes Sheri, it's expensive to have one. It's going to be a total cost of about$1400 for the 24 weeks:dizzy: . I did look into the small group personal training sessions, but it's offered on certain days that I would not be able to attend do to my work schedule. I think that I would prefer anyway to have that one on one attention anyway. I'm going to use this as a just start to increase my current fitness level and bumping it up another notch. The training session is for an hour, which is my exercise in one setting than I do as of now,(35-45 min.). Have a good wkend.
:carrot:

kayelle31
01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi there,
I'm a little late joining but am interested in setting this short term goal. Today is January 15 and by April Fool's Day, my goal is to lose 25lbs. I currently weigh 255 lbs so my weight by April 1st 2006 WILL be 230lbs. I'm happy to join a group. :)

dgpebbles
01-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Jodi - great job on the 2lbs:flow2:

kristi - welcome to the challenge

Jailene
01-15-2006, 01:59 PM
on my way out to the gym and gotta do some work at the office, but wanted to check in real quick.

weighed yesterday. another two pounds down. that makes a total of 7. i should be happy, but I want MORE MORE MORE. i dont want to get discouraged, i think i need a big week. maybe a detox diet to help me get kick started? any suggestions?

dietcokeaddict
01-15-2006, 02:06 PM
i've lost one kilo since the beginning of the year (but it is also TOM...)

but I haven't exersized much at all, so i have to start doing that!!! all i did today was walk the dog :(

yukimfat
01-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks Donna and welcome kristi

icedragon6669
01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone!

How are those total pounds we lose going Sheri?

I did my run again today (without kissing the pavement! LOL)
I done it in 34.13 min for the 5km! (1.29 min off my last run)

Weight wise... well i won't weigh in until tom has gone. or i know i will be dissappointed!

Food wise... I am doing well, going more toward maintainence! and eating in moderation! I think this time around i have suceeded, when usually i just diet lose weight then go straight back to old habits.....
I never used to get it that is was a lifestyle change not just a diet! but feeling great and getting out and about, being able to run! climb! jump! swim! that means more to me than junk food! And i have beaten the sugar and fat cravings!

My goals for Aprils fools, were to lose the 5 pounds to my goal weight, and to run 7km straight! well i certainly am getting there! oh and to do 10 full pushups! ( i can do 10 on an angle! so that goal also is within my reach!)

teahoney
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I gained a pound and a half and I have no idea why. I have been doing all the right things so I am hoping upon hope that this is me gaining muscle. So even though I don't want to, I'm going to actually reflect the gain on my ticker. This is all a part of my journey.

Sheri~C
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
STOP

Please head on over to week 4, January 16,2006

candieangel12
01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
i wanna join also. im 5'4 and weigh 154 pounds. i wish to lose 8-10 pounds by april fools day.
3 reasons why:
look better in a bikini
wear a small in shirts instead of medium
look better in pictures

candieangel12
01-15-2006, 08:54 PM
goals:
lose 8-10 pnds.
excersise 30 - 45 minutes daily
drink lots of water
give up junk food
ultimte goal: 118pnds or less