Old 01-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default help me take an educated guess

Today we had potluck at church.. I was somewhat of a good girl. I had a plate of food.. the plate was not over flowing. I only went up once. I ate about half of what I normally eat... so I am calling this a success. Some of the things on my plate included a small piece of lasagna (about 1/3 of a cup worth), a drumstick (baked) cheesy hasbrowns (maybe a little more then 1/2 cup) 1/4 of a cup of afredlo sauce of pasta.. and maybe something else.. it was all yummy.

I'm guessing 650 calories? I know it's hard for you to guess when you didn't see it. I just don't want to say less then what it was.. ya know.

Potlucks at church are the best food. I did help serve.. that way I was spending less time eating
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  

I counted the calories for my recipes for those foods (the quantities that you gave) and I it did work out to be in the 650 calorie range. It is so hard to tell, though, when someone else did the cooking! I always add in a few more calories than I think it was just to cover my bases.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #3  
Abby's Mommy

Dana, you did REALLY, REALLY well!
At the potluck-style dinner the Methodist ladies hosted for my family after my aunt Janes funeral yesterday, they had SSOOOO many yummy looking things. I had 1/2 of a fried chicken breast, 1cup BBQ baked beans (my FAVORITE!!) a huge scoop of greenbeans, and 1 KFC style biscuit. Not great, but it really could have been alot worse! Oh, and I forgot the jello-fluff, with cottage cheese, pineapple, nuts??, and coolwhip.....YUMMMMMMY!!! About 1 cup of that.
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Amy Jo.. isn't potluck food the best? everyone would have to agree.. no one cooks like a church lady - full of fat and flavor!
I love to cook at potlucks b/c I can make a fattening dish and/or something my family may not like (they don't like brocolli- which I love) Today I made a huge dish of Brocoli stuffed ham roll ups - I came home with an empty dish

Lucky.. thanks.. I just wanted to see if I was in the ball park. I did as many of these on fitday as I could. I'm making a promise to log everything. Even if I have a 3000 calories day
What kind of software do you have? I've heard of masterchef. That would be so helpful! I'm really trying to cook more myself. Sodium on processed foods will kill ya!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #5  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar
I did as many of these on fitday as I could. I'm making a promise to log everything. Even if I have a 3000 calories day
Im doing the same thing. Im also using fitday.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #6  

I use fitday. I just don't use their database very often. I've enterend the nutritional value for my most frequently used recipes and of the foods that I buy on a regular basis. My husband got Mastercook for me and it is a neat program but prefer fitday because I like to monkey around with the reports and keep up with my weight changes too.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

YUMMM...Broccoli Stuffed Ham Rollups?? Would you care to share the recipie? I ADORE broccoli!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Broccoli Ham Roll Ups

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli (I used fresh)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used ff)
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 c shredded chedar cheese
1 T chopped onion (I added more - I love onion)
1.5 t diced pimientos (I omited - didn't have on hand)
1/8 t rubbed sage
1/8 t rosemary
1/8 t thyme (I just eye balled these measurements)
dash of pepper -isn't that really 1/8 t ?
12 slices slices fully cooked ham 1/8 inch thick

I bought a 1/4 ham so the slices were smaller - perfect size for a potluck, when everyone wants just a little of everything.

Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain.
Combine soup, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, pimientos and seasonings. Add broccoli; mix well.

Spoon 1/4 c onto each ham slice. Roll up and place in an ungreased 13x9 dish. cover and bake @ 350 for 40 minutes or until heated through.

I used tooth picks to hold mine together. They look really pretty.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Dana: You did great! I think 650 is a really good guess!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

sounds like you were right on Dana. I too have mastercook and input it to get the nutritional values for a serving and then enter that into fitday because it is so much easier to use it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote