Weight Loss Support - Calling all Canadians!

View Full Version : Calling all Canadians!

srmb60
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
There seems to be a bunch of us here. I'm not sure why I find that extra encouraging :)

Tell us where you're from and what your programme is .... Like this ...

I'm from between two little villages about an hour from London and Stratford, Ontario. I count calories and try to do cardio and weights almost every day.

hefty1
01-08-2006, 12:28 PM
hi susan. i'm in toronto and trying to eat less. i try to stay away from the fatty things and beer. :) glen

ellis
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi Susan and Glen! :wave:
I'm from Ottawa. (no, I don't work for the government. ;) )

I'm trying to get back on track with my running, and I'm supposed to be counting calories. :D

killingjanni
01-08-2006, 01:09 PM
My name is Janni, I'm from Windsor, Ontario. Currently I'm on the Dr. Bernstein Diet (http://www.drbdiet.com), but I'm contemplating going at it on my own by counting calories. :)

Chanty1483
01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi my name is Chantal and I am also in Windsor, ON.

I am currently trying to follow the Body For Life program, so basically I'm watching what I eat (counting calories) and working out (cardio and weights) 5 times a week.

Losingitin06
01-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm jenn, i'm from guelph ont, keeping track of my calories and excersizing.

susie_sunshine
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi, I'm Susie from rural Manitoba. I joined weight watchers last week and plan to exercise regularly. My husband lost 40 lbs doing weight watchers online but i'm not honest enough for that! I need to face a stranger at the scale!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-steps/slider-cheer/lb/240/140/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

cutieshirl40
01-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Shirley from Winnipeg and am just trying to succeed again with the diet issues!!! Battling hypothyroid as well so the weight doesn't seem to budge much, and to be quite honest, I have been out of control over the holidays. But back on track tomorrow, trying to follow the Body for Life as well weight program and the eating a combination of zone, body for life and whatever else!!! Starting today trying to eat right and will pick up the weights tomorrow morning.
I do have a question for Chantal though, are u getting up in the am and going straight to a weight workout? Some mornings I just can't do that on an empty stomach as I feel dizzy and lightheaded half way through. Do you have this problem 2?

susie_sunshine
01-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi Cutie,

I would love to be able to get up in the morning to work out! My problem is getting my butt out of bed early enough, especially when it's dark out! I am determined to try though, tomorrow morning i'm getting up and hitting the treadmill before school!

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Sheri in Edmonton, Alberta. On WW since September 20-05. Just started walking 15-20 minutes every morning before breakfast and I also do a WATP dvd before lunch. Trying to add one more 15-20 minute bit of exercise to the day to get my body burning more fat.

Getting thinner every day!

susie_sunshine
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome Sheri!
I really admire your weight loss so far! How fantastic! I have to weigh in for the first time on wednesday and I'm so scared I didn't lose anything.....

gypsyladie
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone. I am Patt from Hamilton. I am doing WW at home and because of osteo arthritis am slowing adding walking and some weights to my exercise regimen.

Chanty1483
01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Cutie,

I am currently following BFL, however, I do not work out in the morning. I couldn't possibly do it for the same reasons as you. I have the Body for Life for women book and it really doesn't state that you MUST work out in the AM, so as long as you're incorporating your workouts, I can't see the issue. I highly doubt it would hinder your weight loss.

Hope that helps. Nice to talk to another person following the same program!!! Good luck.

RobinW
01-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Born and raised in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario....but living in Buffalo NY...always a canadian at heart :D

almost there
01-10-2006, 12:01 AM
I use to live in Wasaga Beach for 10 years but just recently moved to a small town just 10 minutes West of Kitchener (Susan B, I wonder how far we live from each other)! I started the middle of August by joining Herbal Magic and I found it too expensive and quit going about a month ago and I am doing it on my own (following their eating plan but without the herbal pills)! I use my treadmill about 4 days a week (i try for 5 days) for 45 minutes each time.

Ilene
01-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi :wave: I'm from Cornwall Ontario... I've been weight training for 20 years, running for 2, biking forever, I workout every day one way or the other... I usually take one day off/week, sometimes 2, other times none... Depends how I feel....

srmb60
01-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Almost there? probably not far. My son drives to work in Kitchener every day. Want to tell me which small town? Ours is Winthrop.

srmb60
01-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Ah Ilene! It's so good to see you here. Girls read everything she says. She's smart!

almost there
01-10-2006, 12:13 AM
SusanB-Ive never heard of Winthrop, but I am new to this area. I live in Baden, I have been to Stratford before, about 20-25 min away.

srmb60
01-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Ah Baden! Cheese factory yes? Stratford is where I shop other than Goderich or Listowel.

SnowboundChick
01-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Hi All! I'm Donna, living in balmy Dawson City, Yukon.
I'm not really following a plan, just trying to eat right, cut out the junk and I try to exercise everyday with pilates, WATP, or workout with floor crunches, lunges, squats and upper body with a resistance band.

kissingginger
01-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi all

I live in Victoria BC. I am following a modified Sureslim, atkins, south beach diets...hahaha...basically I eat well portioned meals from all three plans. I'm a bit too heavy for rigorous exercise, but I do go walking (pushing three 25 pound toddlers in a stroller=85lbs+).

My highest was 291, I started at 271 and I'm at 252lbs (haven't changed my ticker yet). Once I get down to a reasonable weight 220 or less, and once I start getting dependable sleep at night (kids still waking at night), then I'll implement some more exercise!:carrot:

Cheers,

hefty1
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
:wave: hi all where in manitoba are you from susie i lived in swan river, dauphin and winnipeg
glen :)

Nicole1883
01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi! I'm Nicole from Hamilton, Ontario. I'm counting calories and going to the gym 6 days a week...not paying attention the the scale right now cause doing weights is throwing it off and discouraging me. So I'm going by how my clothes fit me.

getncontrol
01-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm in Lethbridge, Alberta. I count calories and exercise 6 days a week.

but I do go walking (pushing three 25 pound toddlers in a stroller=85lbs+).

Does that mean you have triplets???

kissingginger
01-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, all boys! It's great fun, but BUSY!

Cheers!

I'm in Lethbridge, Alberta. I count calories and exercise 6 days a week.

Does that mean you have triplets???

Ilene
01-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Yes, all boys! It's great fun, but BUSY!

So, you ARE definitely a SAINT :angel:

Trixi
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm Dale and I live in Toronto and I am currently doing low carb, good fats and lots of vegatables and water.

SusanB, my daughter goes to Horsecamp close to you I think, have you heard of Elsa Craig?, she goes twice a summer so we drive through there alot.

I am trying to get rid of the final 20 or so pounds and it's proving to be harder the I thought. I did the Bernstein diet to and while it worked, it was super exspensive and I had to drive to far to go every other day. So I do my own version without the needles. I have also joined Curves and love it there.

gonnadothis06
01-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Wokring in Toronto, living in just east of there. I am currently working on the WW diet, I have had sucess with it in the past - but am considering picking up the Sonoma diet in the near future.
Cindy

JORDEE
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi I am Marlene, born and raised in Winnipeg, but I live in King of Prussia, PA (outside of Philadelphia). I still love my perogies and sour cream. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I'll be on this weight loss journey a long time. So far so good in the New Year. I am feeling stronger with regular exercise.

srmb60
01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh perogies! One of the many reasons I got to be where I was. Yummy!

Louie
01-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Hello fellow Canadians !! I too am in Victoria and I am low carbing.

Good luck to all of you on your journey.

Mel
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
:wave: Used to live in Mississauga, then Toronto. Now about 20 minutes further west of Philadelphia than Marlene, who lives where I go shopping :)

Mel

kissingginger
01-13-2006, 11:26 AM
So, you ARE definitely a SAINT :angel:

LOL!!! I don't know what to say to that! But thank you! :) What a sweet thing to say.

Ilene
01-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Anyone with more than 2 kids is a Saint and triplets BOYS :faint:!! Definitely Sainthood in my book !!

Gia
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Hiya, I think I may be the only east-coaster! I am from New Brunswick. I'm counting calories and doing yoga so far. My daughter starts an afterschool program next week and so I may be able to join a gym! Woohoo! :carrot:

Enterprise
01-13-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm from Ontario and I am thinking about doing a low glycemic version of the Richard Simmons Foodmover program or going back on low carb.
I will have decided fully after I get home tomorrow from grocery shopping.

hefty1
01-14-2006, 08:37 AM
hi all canuks. susie sunshine are you snowed in? trixi were you in the other canadian thread? :) glen

Bups
01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi I'm Kim in Courtice, Ontario (between Oshawa and Bowmanville).

I have approx. 100 lbs to get off my body.

Just getting serious (again) about eating better - more veggies and fruit - less fat and salt.

Exercise is something I have to get into as well - have a great treadmill that is currently a place to store book :o

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting and giving advice.

Kim

cybersis
01-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi I'm from Peterborough, Ontario - which is about 1 hour north of Toronto. I am an online WW member and exercise six days a week -either treadmill or exercise videos. Hi everyone!

saskbabe
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
hi i am a bluenoser currently in sask anybody else here?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/slider-cheer/lb/287.2/151.2/287.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

homemade
01-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi, I am Lynda from Peterborough, Ontario. I have just joined a gym, hope it doesn't kill me, hehe!! I am just trying to quit the junk food and fried foods. I was doing pretty good before Christmas, but have really slacked off. I need a good kick in the butt, to get me going again.

homemade
01-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Hey cybersis, just realized your from Peterborough too, nice to meet you. Cold enough for you???
Lynda

Trixi
01-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Hefty, Yup it's me. Hope your well and enjoying the frigid weather.

Dale

hefty1
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
:wave: trixi doing fine and hate the cold. saskbabe where in sak are you from i luved in regina and saskatoon. :) glen

Hockeychic
01-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey there fellow Canadians. I am just north of Newmarket.

I have about 45 pds to lose, I have 2 vacations planned this year and would like to look alot better in the photos then I did last year.:(

I am just eatting better and moving more. I am thinking about switching to South Beach for a kick start but haven't decided yet.

Kim

hefty1
01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
:wave: how is everyone? the weather here is great
glen

ellis
01-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Glen and everyone else! :wave:
It's a balmy 0 at the moment, and going up to 6 today! We ARE all in Celsius here, right? :lol:
Come ON spring!!! :hat:

srmb60
01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
It was 8 at midnight. It's 3 now and we've got a winter storm warning! odd weather.

Enterprise
01-20-2006, 07:35 PM
:wave: how is everyone? the weather here is great
glen

The weather here is awesome. It got up to 11 celsius today. :)

I'm doing great. I've been busy browsing online dating sites
in search of the next man in my life. Hopefully he will be a LOT better then the last. :)

susie_sunshine
01-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Was not snowed in the other day but should have been! my highway was not fit for woman or beast! I live west of Winnipeg in a tiny little town that is always overlooked by the snowplow!

Roses4me
01-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi: Former Canuck here, born and raised in Regina Sask, now living in Washington State. Lovely and green here!! Wouldn't move back to Sask. for anything, although I do visit my family in rural Manitoba about three times a year. I am doing the LA Weight Loss program, slow going though as I am almost 70!

Rosie

chimo2u
01-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Hello fellow Canucks! My name is Marie. Currently, my family and I make our home in the Atlantic Canadian province of NewBrunswick. We are a military family, so who knows where our next "home" will be?!! Most likely back west to Edmonton, Alberta this summer. My weightloss since Sept has been 30lbs. I am working out hard because I want to join the military this year, myself. I have 34 more lbs to go to reach my goal of 150lbs. I am glad to find people close to home with common goals! Good Luck!
Marie

meowee
01-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Nova Scotia reporting in . . . a little town called Pictou in the north eastern corner of the mainland part of the province. . . actually just across the Northumberland Strait from PEI. Originally from Toronto, Ontario, then transplanted to Kitchener for about 10 years, and then down here since 1994. Will probably go back to Ontario (relatives in the Barrie area) eventually now that I've retired . . . well, maybe . . . but life is soooo easy-going down here . . . it really is a slower pace than Ontario.

Anyway, here I am again, (since January 2006, don't let that original date distract you), trying to lose to get healthier. Working on sort-of a cross between WW and CDA guidelines since I'm diabetic and taking various medications for it including insulin which, unfortunately makes it even easier to gain and harder to lose.

Talk to you all again soon.

ellis
01-21-2006, 11:57 PM
You lucky Easterners... DH and I love it "out there". It's so beautiful, and the pace really does seem slower. Lovely people, too.
We're just about due for an ocean fix. Maybe this summer. :)

meowee
01-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Again.

For some reason, unknown to me (since I'm really "from away", I guess), you go "out West" but "down East". Sooooo, if you want your 'ocean fix' to be the Atlantic . . . "come on down" :dizzy:

ellis
01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
For some reason, unknown to me (since I'm really "from away", I guess), you go "out West" but "down East".
:lol: I forgot about that. Bizarre, eh?

I hope everyone got out to vote today! :wave:

susie_sunshine
01-23-2006, 08:32 PM
It's freezing rain here- rain in Manitoba in January? Everyone be on the lookout for flying donkeys!

Linds81
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello! I'm Lindsay from Ottawa! I'm doing LAWL, and I've just started by going to the gym 3 days a week! I need to give big time props to all you ladies going to the gym 6 times a week! I have about 40 pounds that I want to start by losing... once i hit 160...who knows where I will want to be!

Hope all you Canadians enjoyed election day! I personally am very excited to think that I wont be seeing any more campagne ads on tv!

hefty1
01-23-2006, 11:51 PM
do you live near falcon lake susie sunshine. my family had a cottage at falcon lake. :) glen

meowee
01-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Good Morning, All

Welcome to you, Lindsay. :hug: Afraid I have to agree . . . the best thing about the election is that it is now over. Sorry state of affairs, but unfortunately true.

Have a great day everybody.

mishakal30
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I am in Brampton Ontario .. born in Newfoundland and raised in New Brunswick. Ontario is a fantastic province but I still get homesick :(

Did WW a while back with some success but I stopped when I changed jobs and put it all back on (plus they invited their friends too!) Back on WW program again although I am doing it on my own this time. I work out 3-5 times a week (cardio and weights). Just kind of plugging along trying to always keep in mind that this weight loss journey is a marathon and not a sprint.

susie_sunshine
01-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm about 3 hours from falcon lake!

Hockeychic
01-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey there everyone.!!!!!!

Getting back on track after a few days of no diet or exercise and I really feel icky.....It just shows that if you eat right and exercise you will feel great.

I am just back on the band wagon, into stage 2 of South Beach. I don't want to do stage one as I like my oatmeal and brown rice but I figure those are "good" carbs so that is OK.

Exercise should be breeze now, just got a 9 week old puppy. Lab/Collie/Husky cross.....one big fur ball right now but she will grow quick.
Her name is Bailey.....can you guess what my favorite after dinner drink is.....lol

Have a great day

Kim

nymmy
01-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi, I'm Vanessa. I live in Prince George, BC :)

meowee
01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Don't ask what possessed me, I do have other things to do, but I decided to count us. Here is the tally of the provinces we represent ----

Ontario (20), Manitoba (3), British Columbia (3), Alberta (2), Saskatchewan (2), New Brunswick (2), Yukon (1), Quebec (1), Nova Scotia (1) Newfoundland/Labrador (1)

Although 5 of us have been transplanted to the US and our Newfie is currently in Ontario, the country is pretty well blanketed from coast to coast. We only need a representative from the North West Territories and another from Prince Edward Island to really complete the set.

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Peppahmint
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi! :) I'm Mel and I live in C. Nice to meet you all! Love to hear from some of you.

meowee
01-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Nice to meet you, Mel :hug: and good morning to everyone else, too :hug:

We seem to have missed the blizzard they were telling us we'd be getting overnight, but who knows what today will bring. The one weather phenomenon you can count on down here is change.

My personal morning isn't all bright and sunny either. My blood sugar is a little higher than I'd like it to be this AM and I don't know why. Oh well, this too will pass. BS can vary for all sorts of reasons. I try not to let it get me down, but it does :(

Other than that, things are looking up. The new belt for my vacuum has finally arrived so I can pick up some of the cat hair. Wow, it's scary when you can get excited about housework. :D

Have a great day, everbody. Talk at you soon.

hefty1
01-30-2006, 09:18 AM
meowe try cutting down on the carbs and desserts. :) glen

almost there
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
MISHAKAL-i have relatives in Newfoundland and I was raised in Brampton. My parents and sister still live there! my parents live in the Conestoga/Bovaird area and my sister lives off of Sandalwood somewhere! Did you go to school in Brampton?

da fat n da furious
01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Hello All,
Angie from Calgary Alberta, Ive been doing WW since end of Sept.

meowee
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello, Angie, welcome aboard. Hope to see you here often.

da fat n da furious
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Have to admit I started in one group,,,love that group and have stayed there for over 2 years then this past 2 months have found this group and another! This is fantastic.
This morning was a wake up call I didn't like,,,*sigh welcome to Alberta! It had snowed pretty heavy during the night,,,they had said it would be plus 11 today,,,hmmm not!

mishakal30
02-01-2006, 07:25 AM
almost there... no, I didn't go to school in Brampton. I moved here in 2000 and I like it well enough. I know the conestoga/bovaird area (heartlake). There are some nice places up that way. I live in the Hurontario/Steeles area at the moment. Saving for a townhouse but I still have a long way to go. It's unbelievable the cost of housing here! When was the last time you were here? The place has grown so much in the short time I have been here I can barely keep track.

chem
02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Meowee - does a transplanted Islander count? I've been living in Alberta since last fall, about half an hour from Edmonton. Not really by choice. The whole family is homesick, but at least we're making a living out here. =)

Low carbing for the past couple of weeks, and trying to work out a few times a week, but I have a motivation problem. =P After seeing this site and how motivated and successful so many of you have been though - it's giving me a bit of a push!

DragonTush
02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi all! I'm in Calgary, Alberta. Good to see so many Canadians aboard. Maybe we can motivate eachother a bit eh?

I am not on any real diet plan. I am working on portion control and a mixture of calorie counting and keeping my fat intake low, plus no carbs after 4 pm( I use FitDay daily and find a very useful tool in helping me make healthier choices). I am also trying to work out or walk 5-6x a week. I walk MOn, Wed & Sat. and I try to go to the Gym Tues., Thurs., and Friday. I just bought a walking DVD (not WOTP) It will do when we get too cold here I guess but the 'instructor' is more than a little annoying LOL.

da fat n da furious
02-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Dragontush Ive been asking the family for a mp3 or ipod or even a walkman so I can cruise the neighbourhood on my walks. Well actually with the weather being as it is I don't wanna be outside right now...so I guess I can cruise the malls...lol

meowee
02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Happy Groundhog Day . . . :snow4:

Most of our newbies for the past couple of days seem to be living in Alberta. Chem, however, we'll count as PEI . . . only NWT to go . . . opps I guess I forgot we need Nuniuvik (spelling?) too.

Actually, my oldest son and his family are in Alberta . . . Bonnyville/Cold Lake area.

We finally got a blizzard here in Nova Scotia yesterday, after an almost completely snowless January. Good grief, the grass was even trying to grow. It ended up leaving only about 35/40 cm. Still pretty scant by our usual standards, although I'm not too sure how they decide on the accumulation when it is anything but level out there. I hate it when it snows sideways. The long range forecast is calling for 10/11 degrees again for Saturday/Sunday. Absolutely crazy winter, this year. Anyway, this afternoon it's supposed to turn sunny and we all know that means another 6 weeks of whatever kind of winter it is. Here's hoping your local groundhog stays in the shade.

Have a great day, gang. See you soon. In the meantime, keep smiling. Makes them wonder what you're up to. :s:

da fat n da furious
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
ha ha well I am orginally born and lived in NWT for 17 yrs before moving to Alberta. So we have it all covered.

DragonTush
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
da fat n da furious... I'd love to get an MP3 player or an IPOD too. I'm really enjoying my walks and think I'd go further with some tunes. My birthday isn't until Aug so maybe I'll have to ask for one for Mother's Day.

meowee
02-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Angie! Do you know anybody from Nuniuvik?

da fat n da furious
02-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Linda I know someone from when I played sports and would have to travel all over the place and I stayed at this one family's home for weeks. Rankin Inlet.
But that was 20 yrs ago....

DragonTush...funny I was thinking the same thing that I would ask for one for Mother's day since my birthday isn't till Sept. Did I read that wrong that you have an instructor for walking? Where I live there are some fantastic walking paths and really want to make use of them. But I have to have a care with ice and such. Broke my foot back in June so Im still pretty tender.

DragonTush
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
No Angie...I dont' have an actual instructor..its a DVD and although it has a good workout....the person leading the "walk" is very annoying LOL. I'm pretty close to some fantastic pathways too but my hubby works long hours and I have small children that can't be left at home alone yet. I'd take them with me.......but way too slow going with them. A five yr. old and a three yr. old...they can't just walk. Have to stop and look at that leaf or grab that stick or "Oooooh look mommie.......what a cute puppyyyyy" and run away to pet it. I like to just walk...fast. Hence the workout walking DVD ....maybe I could ask for a nanny for Mother's Day too LOL.

da fat n da furious
02-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I remember those days! And seriously I miss them. My boys are now 18 and 13 yrs old. My husband works long hours too,,,hardly see him.
Over a year ago I bought a CD pack from Costco, cardio music. Its ok,,,I had a friend once burn me a cd that was fantastic. Gonna go look for it.
Nice day today...sun is shining,,,doesn't seem all that cold. Not that its been all that cold.
Went to the movies last night,,,Movies are bad,,,there is popcorn there. I shared a huge bag of popcorn with my son,,,he ate the top part with the becal butter,,,and I ate the middle...which was dry,,,which when you think about it isn't all that great either,,,cause you have to wash it down. I had ice tea.
Well I should get myself out of the house,,,need to go and take a refresher course on computers.

Tiggs
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
There are a lot of us Canadians here :)

I'm from Ontario...more specifically Whitby which is 30 minutes outside of Toronto.

I'm new here but not new to losing weight. My goal right now is to stay on plan for more than a week. I do great for a week, get a really good weigh in result and then fall apart the falling week. Why I have no idea but I need to do this and that's why I'm here.

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone better as we all become smaller, healthier people.

meowee
02-05-2006, 07:20 AM
A great big welcoming :hug: for you, Tiggs. I think we've all been along that road from time to time. When it happens to me it's usually one of two things -- a celebration ( hey, I did so well, I really don't have to try so hard) or disbelieve (hey, I couldn't possibly have done that well and I can prove it, see). Just pick yourself up and get back on the horse, kiddo. The only real failure is giving up altogether.

A great big good morning :hug: for everyone else. Hope your weekend is going well. Mine is at least a good strong mediocre and holding. It's about 7 degrees and drizzling. It was warm yesterday, too, so all the snow we got earlier in the week is just about gone again. This strange winter just keeps getting stranger.

See you later, gang. Keep on chugging along. :carrot:

hefty1
02-05-2006, 09:43 AM
:wave: hi all. it's snow and raining here. i'm going to a party today. the best way to avoid eating too much is eat a snack before going. glen

da fat n da furious
02-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Good morning all what a beautiful morning here,,,I have to get up horribly early each Tuesday to drive my son to band practise...its harsh for a night owl like me to be up but I have to appreciate the beauty of the sunrise.

Anyone try those 33% less sugar instant oatmeals? Man Im addicted.

Ilene
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Anyone try those 33% less sugar instant oatmeals? Man Im addicted.You should try just old fashion oatmeal without the sugar and add Splenda or a touch of honey... I love my oatmeal mixed with soy milk, eggwhites and raisins with Splenda and vanilla, YUMMY :hun: ...

meowee
02-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Nova Scotia checking in . . . another nice day here and all is fairly right with the world.

Hey, Da ... Furious I didn't even know they were making a reduced sugar instant oatmeal! On the other hand, I haven't been looking for one. I'm more in sync with Ilene. I think regular oatmeal is "instant" enough. Here's my favourite breakfast combo ---

1 part regular rolled oats; 1 part mixed grain cereal (Red River); 1 part oat bran; 1 part dried fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots, or combination of just about anything you like)

Premix a big batch when you've got some time and keep it in a covered container. In the morning mix about 1/2 cup with about 3/4 to 1 cup of water, microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, add a little skim milk and enjoy. If you'd like it a little sweeter, add some Splenda and a touch of cinnamon.

See you later, gang. Have a great day. :carrot:

da fat n da furious
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Well when Im at home I make plain ol oatmeal,,dash of cinnamon and some milk and Im good to go. But I usually take my breakfast to work,,,that extra 5 minutes gives me enough time to throw a load of laundry in and wipe down the kitchen.
So I only have a microwave or hotwater to work with. I just found cream of wheat,,,but its pretty sweet,,,I don't like sugary things first thing in the morning.

meowee
02-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Good Morning from Nova Scotia . . . :sunny: another nice sunny morning but fairly cold (-8).

Angie . . . undiscover Cream on Wheat . . . you are right to mention that it's kind of sweet and it does have a pretty high GI (even without sugar) . . . stick with the oatmeal.

Personally, I've got bad news and good news this morning. I had a bit of a pig-out on buttermilk biscuits before bed last night. Ate 6 of them. :devil: Probably would have been more if I'd had more (you all know those moods). However, I guess I got a little lucky at the scale this morning. :D Down 2 lbs.

Anyway, since I'm feeling pretty revved-up this morning, I'd better get going and get some stuff done before the mood passes. Have a great day, gang. See you soon. :carrot:

da fat n da furious
02-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey there, wow what a beautifully COLD and WINDY day it was...funny thing from my desk I would of guessed it to be a wonderful warm day...

now how did you get away with 2 lbs off? I ate healthy all week and walked away with a 1.2 gain. Sure its TOM but seriously I was expecting a loss not a gain.
You are so right about the cream of wheat,,,I don't like the taste of it that way,,,,way too sweet. Seriously don't know how i could of gotten as big as i am when I don't like sugar or salt. hmmm maybe it could be the cream, and breads? *snort

Can we start a new thread? 10 pages is alot...not sure if thats the norm...what is normal anyways?

ellis
02-10-2006, 08:48 AM
:lol: I've got 3 pages here. You could change your settings to display more posts per page.
But go ahead and start a new thread if you like. I can ask a SuperMod to close this one...

meowee
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Everybody . . .

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth . . . I remember back in the dim dark ages before I had high-speed, the longer the thread, the longer it seemed to take to load. Now that almost everybody is on high-speed, it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Besides 3FC has added so many ways to get around better . . . you can go directly to the last page, or to the last unread post, or to the very last post. In other words, I guess I'm saying that I don't really see the need for starting a new post. I kind of like being able to look back through to the beginning if I want to check something that was said before.

halifaxhoney
02-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Crystal and I'm from Halifax. I'm 21 and I'm looking to lose around 50 pounds. I definately need some support to lose weight.

meowee
02-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome, Crystal. It's nice to have another Canadian on board, especially one so close. I'm in Pictou, although I'm originally from Toronto.

This isn't the busiest thread in town, but it is nice to know that there are more of us out there.

Hope to be hearing fron you again soon. Have a great day. :carrot:

maggie2
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi, fellow Canadians, I'm Maggie and I live in Alberta. Started Weight Watchers in mid-November. Have lost 20.6 lbs. up to Feb 2nd. On Feb. 9th I was supposed to weigh in but fell down our basement stairs and broke my ankle that day so missed weigh-in. Will get weighed in this Wednesday. I have a long way to go but will get there.

Glad to meet you all. Hope to get to know you better.
Maggie

srmb60
02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
We've got snow happening again! My son came home from work in Kitchener and tells me it's only snowing in our county :)

Vilandra485
02-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Hello Everyone - I'm from Victoria, BC. Currently living in Gibsons, BC, on the Sunshine Coast. :) I'm a 20 year old student with around 175 pounds to lose. I'm counting calories and doing light strength training. :D

meowee
02-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Good Evening from Nova Scotia . . .

Here's a big :hug: for you, Maggie. Hope the ankle is soon better. Are you going to have to weigh in with a cast? If so, do you know how much it weighs?

Haven't heard from you in a while, SusanB. I lived in Kitchener for about 10 years before I was transferred down here.

A big, welcoming :hug: for you, too, Vilandra. I love BC. When my Company transferred me down here, I always wished they had sent me to the other ocean.

Hope to see lots more of you, gang. I for one, can use all the support I can get. Have a great evening, everybody. :carrot:

srmb60
02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I didn't realise folks were chatting here! I just thought they popped in to say hello. I'll be smarter now and keep in touch :)

halifaxhoney
02-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi Maggie! I followed the weight watchers point system and lost 50lbs when I was in high school. Congrats on your lbs lost!

da fat n da furious
02-14-2006, 10:04 AM
ouch Maggie, been there with the break. Infact this past summer I fell off a step and broke my foot. Lets say that put my nickers in knots. Couldn't drive (right foot) You did fantastic at WW 20 lbs...very good.

Hi ya Susan, its not really chat, more like pop in and say hello when ever you can. Looking at your pic there (avatar) did you do BFL?

Hello Vilandra, welcome. What a great way to keep track,,,inches! I keep saying Im going to measure myself, in my WW tracker there is an area where you can put in your measurements. Good idea...

Not much happening here...keep hearing of a storm. Been so beautiful lately.
I have found myself eating more then normal,,,comfort foods. I find myself drinking more coffee, the caffeine curbs my appetite but I get all jittery...ya this is going to be a fun week!...lol

srmb60
02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi da fat n da furious! BFL has been an important resource for me but ... I'm not real good at following directions :) Their food lists are excellent and I like the mix of cardio (yuck ptewy) and weights.

I think there's talk of another Alberta Clipper coming our way this week too.

da fat n da furious
02-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Alberta Clipper?

I lost 67 lbs on BFL... whimpering the whole way through cardio. Loved the weights and ended up doing well in training. The food was tough the first 5 weeks..seriously did some mental cleansing. But after that it became a way of life. Till we did a major move, and all bleep broke loose, again Im a comfort food eater so I packed ever lst 67 lbs I had lost plus more. I find myself not having the wil power to get back on it again. Bad carbaholic here.

srmb60
02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
When we get a cold blow of snow from out west, they call it an Alberta Clipper. It apparently picks up moisture from the lakes and we get the dreaded 'lake effect snow showers'. Why do they call it Alberta Clipper? Shrug!

srmb60
02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh your name is Angie! That's sooo much better than calling you da fat!
I used to call myself tooround. The gals encouraged me to change it when I was no longer so round :)

es_angel
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi all,
My name is Liz and i'm very new to this site. I'm 21, live in Toronto and I need to lose about 110-120lbs. I plan to lose the weight by eating healthier(not cutting out anything, just limiting the amounts) and by slowly working my way up to 5-7 times a week of cardio and 2-3 times a week of weight training.
I would like to join a walking group in the Scarborough area. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could direct me to one.:hug:

Best of luck,
Liz

srmb60
02-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Doesn't Chatelaine magazine have walking groups all around? You could try chatelaine.com or something like that.

You also might enjoy the nutrition threads here at 3fc. Maybe the 20 somethings. Oh there's lots you'll enjoy. Just holler if you need any help.

meowee
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
A great big :hug: of welcome to you Liz. Looks like you're off to a great start.

Okay, Susan and/or Angie , what is BFL?

Have agreat day.:carrot:

srmb60
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Body for Life. They have a site that's pretty good to explain.

meowee
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Hey gang, I just read Suzanne's post at the top of every forum page. DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS FOREVER.

es_angel
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Doesn't Chatelaine magazine have walking groups all around? You could try chatelaine.com or something like that.

You also might enjoy the nutrition threads here at 3fc. Maybe the 20 somethings. Oh there's lots you'll enjoy. Just holler if you need any help.

Thanks for the suggestions i'll make sure to check them out.:hug:

da fat n da furious
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Susan, they call it dang cold here...lol We don't get those kinda colds. ITs cold or its Chinook. Which I find nice but hard to live with. I remember in the NWT it was cold or colder. And you dressed as you should. WARM.

So did everyone have a wonderful Valentines?

meowee
02-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Good Morning from Nova Scotia . . .

Looks like a pretty good day shaping up. It's getting a little warmer again and the most recent snow is starting to melt again.

Happy to report that I've managed to send another 2 ugly pounds to ugly-pound-heaven this week.

If you haven't seen them yet, keep an eye out for the ever-expanding list of President's Choice Blue Label products. (Super Store/Zehrs/Loblaws). I had the Cauliflower topped Shepherds Pie for dinner last night. It was absolutely yummy. Real comfort food for a fraction of the fat and calories.

Have a great day, gang. :carrot:

Ilene
02-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Happy to report that I've managed to send another 2 ugly pounds to ugly-pound-heaven this week.
I thought they went to :devil: ...:lol:

srmb60
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Go Men's Hockey! Joe Sakic ... mmmm, Chris Pronger .. mmmm

I think I'd better look at that signature thing!

readyforit
02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi, new here. I've been lurking for a few months.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta.

And I'm trying a modified BFL for Women.

meowee
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Hello again, gang.

A great big, welcoming :hug: for you, Readyforit. We look forward to hearing more from you (and seeing less of you, of course). :D

Regarding the banished pounds, I thought about where I wanted to send them, Ilene, and decided that since it really wasn't their fault ... after all, I was the one who had invited them to visit with me in the first place ... that when I sent them packing, the least I could do is send them somewhere nice. Soooo, "ugly-pound-heaven" it is.

Have a good evening. :carrot:

Ilene
02-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Regarding the banished pounds, I thought about where I wanted to send them, Ilene, and decided that since it really wasn't their fault ... after all, I was the one who had invited them to visit with me in the first place ... that when I sent them packing, the least I could do is send them somewhere nice. Soooo, "ugly-pound-heaven" it is. Oh, that's so cute, I can tell you're a nice person, I on the other hand am not that nice :devil: ....

da fat n da furious
02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome Readyforit! Another Albertan and BFLer...not that i do that anymore. I really should,,, I found it to be the best for me and weightloss. Just don't know if I could convince the family we are doing it again...lol

Are you experiencing the bad weather too? brrr me, my blanket and crocheting are just fine by the fire.....

maggie2
02-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Weighed in last night and I reached my 10% goal. Lost 3.8 lbs. for a total of 24.4 lbs. I'm thrilled! WooHoo!

hefty1
02-16-2006, 07:58 AM
wtg maggie. i was at my dr. last week and lost 8 lbs. it's snowing with freezing rain here. :) glen

srmb60
02-16-2006, 08:57 AM
My poor husband scraped and scraped his truck to go to work! I'm home with the woodstove :)

meowee
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Almost hate to tell you this . . . it's only 10 am here in Nova Scotia and the radio just told me it's already 9 degrees . . . but never fear, you'll send us the cold stuff again in due course . . . just for a change, it would be nice to be able to get the jet stream to move from east to west.

Congrats to our losers . . . the ones who know it already and the ones who will be finding out later.

Have a great day, gang . . . :carrot:

readyforit
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

It is darn cold here this morning!

I put the coat on the dog, and bundled myself up, but left off the long johns. What a mistake! By the time I got to the bus stop, my knees, thighs and calves felt like pins were being stuck in them.

-29C!!!!!

Of course, we've had a wonderfully warm winter with little snow, so I'm not complaining about this minor glitch. By the weekend its supposed to be -4C again.

I'm finding it hard to get motivated to move at all though. And trips in the car? No way. I'll stay home and do some weights instead.

ellis
02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Welcome to all the new people! :wave:

It's snowing like the dickens here in Ottawa. There's ice beneath the snow, and I just fell full length on the sidewalk, clutching my grocery bags. :(
It's not cold, though! Only -18C with the windchill. Practically balmy. :lol3:

srmb60
02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
We've got that icy thing happening here too. My son is home not brick-laying today, ran out to his truck for something and slipped and fell coming back in.

DragonTush
02-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone!

It's a blustery -25 here today and I am sick..so expect to see some whining here lol. Looks like most of the country is stuck with this eh?

I haven't walked or worked out all week...blech...the whole family has been sick and is still sick:dizzy: . I miss my workouts (and who knew that would ever be possible ;) ??

I need to get myself a good workout DVD...that walking one I have is way too annoying....I'm going to look for WATP DVDs. I have heard they are pretty good....just please tell me the person "instructing' is not annoying lol.

Have a good day all!

christina_dawn
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi!
I'm from wonderful hub of the maritimes Moncton, home of the city that finds a way to loose money on a huge Rolling Stones concert, lol.
Looks like tomorrow is going to be crummy weather, but a good day to be inside painting the bf's pool room.
Haven't been on a plan officially yet. Just trying to cut back on the bad stuff. Though I've been leaning towards the WW Core plan here at home. Or joining LA Weight Loss Center when it gets here in the Summer.

mareh
02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi folks :) I'm new here, and live in (currently!) sunny Vancouver. Love that the sunshine is finally back, but not loving how chilly it's been lately. Now that it's sunny again, it's not so difficult to convince myself to lace up and get walking.

I'm also starting doing Weight Watchers with all my mum's duplicate info on Sunday. Wish me commitment!

Nice to meet you all!

da fat n da furious
02-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome Mareh, all the best in your commitment, may your laces never tangle.

meowee
02-17-2006, 07:32 AM
A great big welcoming :hug: for the newbies, Christina and Mareh, and a hearty Good Morning for everybody else. Hope all the slippers and sliders and sickies are soon feeling better.

Well, thanks, everybody . . . the cold weather is on its way east. Expected high today is +10. Expected high tomorrow is -10. If that's as cold as it gets, I guess we'll still be doing pretty good.

Have a great day, everybody and try to stay warm (and upright). :carrot:

srmb60
02-17-2006, 08:48 AM
It is wicked here today! They actually pulled the clearing equipment off the roads! It's not looking good for my evening shift!

ellis
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Can someone remind me... WHY do we live in this country? :rofl:

Wicked here, too. We had freezing rain almost all night, then a bit of snow. It dropped from 1C to -12 with the wind chill within an hour this morning! :yikes: It's -19 with the windchill right now, and all my windows are rattling...

Drive carefully everyone who has to go out on bad roads! :grouphug:

Kim R
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
My husband is headed off to meetings for a couple days, but thankfully he isn't driving. The wind is just crazy.

meowee
02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
The wind is picking up down here, too, and the temperture is starting to drop. I guess you're telling me there is much worse to come, because it usually takes 24 to 48 hours to reach us. The worse the wind, of course, the faster it travels east.

Hang on tight everybody.

srmb60
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm at work. Dh drove me and it wasn't bad at all. I coulda done that! I have chosen not to wonder what it's going to be like at 11 pm :)

meowee
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Glad you had no problems so far, Susan. I'm concerned. I've heard about three really, really bad pile-ups between Toronto and here . . . one a little east of Toronto; one a bit east of Montreal; and one around the Moncton area. Apparently we are talking 30 to 60 or more vehicles in each and at least one or two dead and many serious injuries.

Please let us know how you are and how conditions seem in your area. Above all, stay off the roads unless absolutely critical that you go out.

My fingers are crossed for everyone.

Ruthxxx
02-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi! Just spotted this thread!

I'm an old broad/babe in a small town the Rideau Lakes area. We are freezing and the fricking Hyrdro keeps going out. I should count my blessings because I have a bin full of wood, two cuddly dogs and a full bottle of Scotch! What else is needed to make a Canadian February evening more perfect? I know but this is a family show!

I hope everyone stays safe and warm tonight. It's going to be cold. Somebody on CTV said -50C with the windchill but I'm sure that was a goof.

Ellis and Ilene, stay OFF the roads!

ellis
02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Ha! I wondered where you were, Ruthie! :wave:
My gosh, keep your fire burning, girl! :yikes:
That temperature sounds like Regina to me. Poor things.

:yes: meowee, a lot of bad accidents. :(
Susan, let us know when you get home safely. :hug:

Are we all watching the Olympics? Can you believe we've got 11 medals!?

da fat n da furious
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
We are on the slide out of bad weather now,,,we had -26, but with windchill I would say more mid 30s

Sun was shiny mid day and well things are looking up. I won't complain since we havn't had much of a winter,,,whats 3 days of winter? We are tough Canadians!
When I grew up in the North, now that was cold,,,but you dressed for it and well it wasn't bad. I remember playing outside for hours.

Anyone with great plans this weekend?

my mom is coming for a visit from Sylvan Lake. She coming to baby me...lol House is kinda a mess but Ive got a good game plan to get it all done.

maggie2
02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, last night it was -30 here and today it's up to -4...so that's a huge improvement. We went to Edmonton yesterday afternoon. Had a nice supper with our three kids and granddaughter. Today we bought a new box spring and mattress, a new couch, and a new sink for our bathroom. Back home now and relaxing for the evening.
Maggie

da fat n da furious
02-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Maggie that is hilarous! Your shoppiing,,,cause in the last 3 months we have bought the same exact things except we bought taps for our sink...lol
The Mattress is so high our dog smacked into it a couple of times when she didn't jump high enough...lol
We bought a new leather set for our living room, (thank you uncle ralph) And bought some taps that match our bathroom design.
It was -16 most of the early part of the day,,,then started to warm up.

meowee
02-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi everybody . . . I've been going crazy all day because the wind storm (or something) knocked out my internet connection and it just came back.

Although it's great to hear from all you Westerners, I'm wondering about the Eastern half of the country and how everybody came through the bad wind and ice storms that caused so many bad accidents from Toronto and east into New Brunswick. Where are you gang?

Have a great day, everybody. Hope to hear from everybody again soon.

es_angel
02-18-2006, 05:15 PM
meowee-Thanks for being so concerned. I just got back from the autoshow and I can assure you that the roads in the toronto area are clear. It's still very cold and a little windy but other then that everything is back to normal.

Be Safe, Liz:angel:

Ruthxxx
02-18-2006, 07:04 PM
It's still really cold here but the power stayed on all day. There were several trees down yesterday and big sheet of metal siding came loose on my friend Claire's barn! Scary stuff and they banged away most of yesterday and it would have been too dangerous to fix them. At least today was sunny but still very cold. I was supposed to go out to dinner tonight but decided to snuggle beside the fire again tonight.

Trixie14
02-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm Jeni, I'm 19 and from Stratford Ontario. My plan is to stick between 1600-1800 calories per day, eat more healthfully, and do cardio 3-6x/wk for 30-60 min and strength 2-3x/wk.

Im not following any specific diet, i can never stick to them, just eating healthy, counting calories and exercising more.

meowee
02-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Glad to hear from you Ruthxxx and es angel. A great big welcome for you Trixie. See everybody soon.

chimo2u
02-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Hello Everyone!
I just realized that this thread is turning into a great Canadian Support system!! I thought I'd drop in and say hello again as I'd like to become active with other fellow Canadians! I just posted this in the success forum, but I will recopy it here to give you a bit of insight into where I am right now on my journey! I am happy to meet you all.
Marie:)
GOOD THINGS COME IN THREE'S (My Post from the Sucess Forum)
I have had some major successes lately and thought it was about time that I took a minute to share. First of all, I started my journey in Sept at a high of 214.5 lbs. I am now 178lbs. as of Mid Feb. I attribute this to my goal of joining the military and having something truly concrete to work towards. I am truly motivated to meet my goal and it is SMART this time: Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic and
Tangible Just this week, many things have happened to make me realize I am on my way to success. First I am into the 170's... something that hasn't happened for 13 years since I had my first son. Second, I went shopping for a formal dress to go to a Mess Dinner in at my husband's work, and lo and behold, I fit into a Normal size 16 and some 14's... also the smallest plus size in Penningtons are getting too big!!! I'll soon be out of the plus sizes I think! The surprises kept coming.... At work, so many people are stopping me and commenting on how skinny I am looking and how slim my face is!!! Last night at my husband's dinner, I felt pretty for the first time in about 13 years dressed up. A new friend I met last night kept telling me that I am BEAUTIFUL!!
She went up to my husband and commented that she "hopes he knows how lucky he is to have me as he sure has a "Cutey" in me!!!"
It felt surreal to be called beautiful, cute, fun........... All words that I have not heard for so long. In my fitness, I feel I am getting stronger every day and that I am on the downward slope now!!! My goal is beginning to seem within reach for the first time, I am believing that maybe I will be ready to realize my dream of a military career in the Near Future! I want to be off to Basic Training by September if I can. These signs of success have made me more determined to up the ante and work extra hard to reach my strength and fitness goals within the next few months. The only thing I am impatiently waiting on is my upper body strength catching on so I can do those perfect male pushups I need for my fitness test!! I think I realistically could make those in the next few months if I just keep trying to do pushups every day, keep up working on my weight loss to lose the last 25lbs, and keep the consistant running and strength training up!!! Needless to say, I am honing in my radar vision and I refuse to stop now! I AM DETERMINED TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES THIS YEAR!!! Many thanks to everyone for all the support and awesome advice This board has been a life line more than once!!!
I come here often for inspiration...
Your's in Health...
Marie

maggie2
02-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Welcome Trixie and Marie. Glad you're here.

Marie, congrats on your successes. It's great to hear of other's successes as it motivates us. You're an inspiration.

I slept for three hours today. I was exhausted and needed it. I'm feeling quite a bit better this evening, thank heaven. Not much happening here. We had salmon for supper tonight. Yummy. I've stayed below my point allowance today because I know I used extra points when we went out Thursday for supper so I'm compensating now. I also used less than my allotted points the three days before we went out. That way I can enjoy my meal out and be guilt free.

Tomorrow I plan to work on the re-write of my book. I'll eat below my allotted points again tomorrow. By Monday I'll be able to go back to regular points.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

meowee
02-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Good Morning everybody . . .

Wow, it is cold today. Walked down the driveway at 7 am to pick up this week's flyers and was chilled to the bone in under 2 minutes. The sun is trying to come out now and that would certainly help a little.

It's great to hear about all your victories both the the "scale" and the "non-scale" kind. Keep up the great work.

Have a great day. We'll see you soon.

maggie2
02-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's fairly mild here today but cloudy. Once I finish my posts here I'll be off to work on the re-write of my book. I plan to have a quiet day and stay OP. DH is working in our basement trying to get it finished.

Have a great day and eat healthy!

Trixie14
02-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes! The weather is pretty crappy here too, my bf actually didn't get into work on Friday b/c the roads were closed unfortunatly b/c we need the money, were saving up to move out from his parents house April or May 1. *Cant Wait* lol His parents drive me bonkers lol :dizzy:

Anyway I hope this weather clears up soon - In like a Lamb, Out Like A Lion...:D

I got one of those toning balls in my Special K cereal lol I personally don't see how a little ball can do much but I guess it is like using weights, maybe I will have to use it. I hope I get my Kathy Smith DVD's soon, I really want to try them out.

Well have a good week everyone!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
A few more of us and we can take over this site completly!! LOL!!! Hi! My name is Wendy and I'm from Winterpeg(Winnipeg)I see there is only 1 other from here and Susie Sunshine is pretty close!I'm glad to meet you all!

Weather here is pretty nice today,it's -11 so thats not to bad,huge improvement from the -45(with wind chill)we have been getting the past week.
I'm happy to find this thread!
W.

christina_dawn
02-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Despite nearly being blown to Oz, we headed out yesterday to my bf's grand parents out near Salisbury. It was mostly open land, so the wind was vicious. Though I kind of think of it as a mini face lift because the wind was so cold it blew everything back and up and stayed put ;)

da fat n da furious
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
christina dawn that is funny,,,mini face lift. thinking you are a very positive person if you can find something good in cold weather.
The weather was great today, had to wash my dirty vehicle...

Was eating really clean till about 8 pm last night when we had the whole family order in chinese food. After reading my WW book I am hanging my head in shame. I ate probably the whole days points plus my flex points. Not good.

I am having surgery on Wed. Not looking forward to it, but know its my only option. I haven't done any emotional eating, other then last week when it was TOM and I will naw my arm off if I could.

Im hoping I will hav etime to come back before I go in, if not I hopefully will be up and around some time next week.
till then, have a great week...

christina_dawn
02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
lol, well, on a normal basis, I try my best to be positive. I did a dance of joy with my two pound loss. Then I remembered that TOM just left, but it's still something in a week, so I'll take it for that.
And in Moncton, you've got to have some kind of thought on the weather that doesn't include wanting to strangle Mother Nature :D
Good luck on your surgery. And don't worry about the chineese food. After spending a couple of times in the hospital a few New Year's Eves ago, while on WW, I lost a few pounds of water and didn't have to worry about the spread I dug into the night before!

DragonTush
02-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Hello everyone.

I've had a busy day today. My son had an early birthday party this afternoon. He will turn six on Tuesday. I kept to my plan pretty good, only had the grilled chicken and a side salad for supper at McDonalds and no cake at all.

We are all finally feeling better around here which means I get to go back to my exercises. I can't wait. Tomorrow, somehow, I am going for a long invigorating walk. I want to get 21 days of drinking all my water and exercising in. I get to start all over again on my counting. Yippee *** LOL. NOT. Oh well I can do this. Almost halfway to my first big goal. I hope I can still do it. If not well, I tried....and a loss is a loss no matter how much I lose...right?

I want to see a 2lb loss on Wed. I thinkI can still do that...we'll see.

Have a great day all and happy losing!

meowee
02-20-2006, 08:15 AM

The sun is shining again . . . covering up how cold it is. It is supposed to be warming up a bit today so I guess that is something to look forward to, except that then we may get some snow and its been so intermittent this year I'm now sure we know how to cope with it anymore.

Trixie . . . Wow, maybe they expect you to eat the ball? :p Definitely low-cal? :D And extremely filling? :o BTW, the Lion/Lamb thing is for March.

Hi there, Wide-in. Welcome to our little group :hug: We'll be looking forward to getting to know you better. I've been to Winterpeg, Manisnowba in the winter-time. One of those quick little business trips that are not a lot of fun in the best of weather and, guess what, it was snowing when we got there and it was still snowing when we left again. :D

Thanks Christina. I always knew there was a reason we all lived in this country. . . besides being born here, I mean. Now I know . . . it's the promise of free cosmetic surgery. :dizzy:

Angie, I will definitely keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you to have a good surgery result. :hug: This is definitely not the time for you to be fretting over a little chinese food. We all know that it packs on water weight and that will go again quickly.

Good luck for Wednesday, Dragon, but no matter what that one day may bring, remember that you have the right attitude for the longer haul. Go girl :D

Have a great day, everybody. Keep smiling and moving (just like carrot-boy, here). :carrot:

maggie2
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Good Monday morning.

Warm here today but supposed to get some snow flurries later. DH has gone to work so I'm on my own. I'll be spending most of the day with my ankle up again. If I'm up for long the darn thing swells and the cast gets tight. Will make an appointment for later this week to get a walking cast on. Hoping to have a visit with a pal later today.

Stayed on points over the weekend so I'm glad about that. Plan to stay OP again today too.

Hope everyone has a great day

es_angel
02-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi all

Jeni - :welcome: I look forward to hearing more about you. Lol about bf's parents. I know exactly how you feel.

Marie - :welcome3: Congrats on all your success:cheer:Keep up the great work:dust:

Maggie - Good job keeping on track.:bravo: Sorry to hear about your ankle. Btw we were born on the same day!!!:hb:

Wendy - :welcome2:

My first week of a new healthy lifestyle is over and I am proud to report that I am down 7lbs.

Good luck to all of you and have a great day.

Ilene
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello Canuck Ladies :wave:

Wow, a whole bunch of Canadian newbies, I LUVS that :dance: ... Welcome all!!

es - angel -- :congrats: on the first week weight loss, you're well on your way...

Today I ran 7.64k, it was nice about -6C and not too much wind... Food is spot on too ....

christina_dawn
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
ugh, what a long boring day at work. Not much to do in my new job, so every chance I got, I was up and walking, out of the building for a walk. I bought a bag of easter Eggies. Now I know how bad those are for me, but I love having a bit of a treat in the afternoon. So I'm giving myself ten eggies as long as I've spent my breaks going out for a walk.
Speaking of walk, it's a great night, but my walking buddie has called it off for tonight. Normally I'd take the time to just veg or read, but new thought, I'm going to....*gasp*.... do sit ups. Maybe not many. Maybe not quickly. But dang it, my goal is 25 for each night that I'm not out for my walk.
P.S. When is that early spring supposed to kick in? Dang groundhog.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Christina! I know what you mean about the situps! I just did a 12 minute tape for the abs! Whew,that was hard!!
OOHH easter eggies.....I can't have any:( This week will be without treats of any kind:( I have to count my cals.
Have a good day

ps-have you noticed that we (Canadians)seem to talk about the weather alot!! LOL!:D

christina_dawn
02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
hmm....I guess to actually get a good workout from them,you need to do all the intended sit ups at once, eh?
Most of my weight is hibernation weight, all around the middle. And until they come up with a way to burn the tummy by doing arm weights, I'm going to have to give in to the dreaded suckers. A 12 minute tape...well, maybe six of those I could do right now :P

Misery Chick
02-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Hello,
I used to come to this forum about 2 years ago and I gave up back then and decided I was going to stay fat forever. But that has all changed for some reason I seemed to have a light bulb go off in my head and I really could use some help and motivation. I live in Leduc, Alberta thats about 20 mins south of Edmonton. I am 40 Married with a 21 year old and a 16 year old boys. The highest weight I have ever, ever been and very depressed and in need of people to push me.

almost there
02-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I went away to Niagara Falls the other night with my hubby and kids and i actually wore my bathingsuit in the pool area "without" anything covering me up. I usually wear shorts ontop, and I actually felt comfortable with just my bathing and not hiding behind anything. I think the last time I was able to do that was on my honeymoon 10 years ago. I am actually 10 pounds away from my weight on my wedding day! I just felt so happy and my husband commented on how good I looked in the bathing suit (maybe by the summer it will be a bikini)-ha!

maggie2
02-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Good morning, everyone,

Hi, Misery Chick and welcome. I live in Edson, so I'm not far away from you. You said that a light bulb went off and you realized you needed to do something about your weight. You are way ahead of many who haven't gotten to that place yet.

I'm not here to tell you it will be easy, because it never is. However, I am here to tell you that you can do it and that there are lots of great folks here who will offer you support. We can't force you to do anything. You have to make up your own mind and then do what you need to do and we can and will support you on that. Hang in there and keep posting. We'll all be rooting for you.

Almost there,

You must be so proud! You go gurl! That's awesome.

Today will be quiet for me. I'll be working on the re-write of my book again. Also have to pay the utility bills and do a couple of business phone calls. DH is taking my brother to Edmonton to his heart clinic so it will be quiet here. They will be gone all day. I plan to stay on program and eat right. I've been doing well and weigh-in is Wednesday for me so want to be sure I'll be down at least a tiny bit.

Hope everyone has a great day,

meowee
02-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and planning on doing even better. A great big :welcome2: for you, Misery and, as much as I hate to say it, we are all looking forward to keeping you company on your journey.

It is getting a little warmer down here again. High is supposed to go up to just below freezing (how's that for a convoluted statement) and it is nice and sunny. :sunny: Seeing the sun always makes me feel better, especially in the winter. I think the reason we spend so much time talking about the weather in this country is because it changes so often, you can never make a single statement work for the entire day. (Besides, it's less argument-provoking than politics) I think the poor old groundhog is just as confused as the rest of us this year.

Well, it's off to the store for me. Super Store has my favourite soup on sale (Primo Lentil Soup) for less than 1/2 price this week. Going to stock the cupboard for the rest of the winter.

Have a great day, gang. Don't forget to get your siggies fixed up if you haven't already done so. Can't say we weren't warned you know. (Read Suzanne's message at the beginning of every forum). See you all soon. :carrot:

readyforit
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Meowee - I love Primo Lentil soup, its one of my favourite canned soups, that and Superstore's Pasta Fazouli, but dang! that sodium amount just about kills me. I don't know why, but I retain water like nobody's business. So right now, I'm using the two cans I have as weights for side shoulder raises LOL

Misery Chick - Glad something clicked for you. Just reading here I've found lots of inspiration and support, and that was before I even started posting. I'm in Edmonton, but moving to Gibbons area soon. I'm finding losing weight isn't happening as well as it did a few years ago when I was at a high of 211.

da fat n da furious
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
hey there,
just waiting for dinner to cook and a bit of a break. a bit exhausted from doing so much before going into tomorrow.

Maggie, what kind of book? ARe you a writer,,,what kind if you are.

Misery, I lived in Red Deer for years till moving to Calgary almost 5 years ago. Have alot of family in Edmonton and a cousin in Leduc..(LA)

I am hoping that once I am all healed I will be able to do more of a workout. Im also hoping my basement is done so my workout equipment is used.

well better run,

meowee
02-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Hello everybody. . .

This is definitely not one of my better days. The Digital Demon :devil: is living in my scale this morning. I must have gotten on and off the thing at least twenty-five times and it's all over the place -- everywhere from down 3 to up 2. So I've decided on "stayed the same". Sooo, even though I know better, I am a little depressed. One of those "but I did everything right and still got a bad result" moments. I know, I've said it lots of times, this too will pass.

See you soon, gang. Hope everybody has a better day than mine is shaping up to be. :carrot:

scrappinRN
02-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Meoww, don't worry so much about the scale, it fluctuates so much it will make you crazy. Instead, think I stuck to my plan, and feel good about that aqccomplishment. To many times we beat our selves up for not losing and then we get in a depression and what do most of do......:?: EAT! Focus on your good not bad.

Anyway, sorry to come on so strong being a newbie here, but I just want to help. I am from Southwestern Ontario, and have been on a diet or as I call it now a change in my lifestyle;) , but we all know what it is, for about ooh, most of my life. I try to workout cause I know that works for me but getting to the gym consistently is difficult. My work schedule is crazy:devil: )I'm a nurse), then I am in school part time(homework is a killer), plus I am extremely involved in my kids life( Xtra curricular activities), so reminding myself to get to the gym is somewhat difficult. Anyway, trying to get back to gym and back to the beach(south beach that is), so that's me in a nutshell.

Hope to hang with all of you soon.

marajade007
02-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone *wave*

I'm from Halifax Nova Scotia, I've been lurking this forum for years but I feel like I really need to do something again -- I had a really hard time in the fall with my brother being injured and in the hospital and trying to sort my life around school at the same time. I gained 30lbs since then to 230 :| It disgusts me. Two years ago I lost 20lbs and was down to 180 and I loved it, I stopped following the diet though and just tried to eat healthy that 20lbs creept up slowly over 2 years but the 30lbs i gained since the fall... I decided its time to do something again -- I had been depressed until i finally kicked the bucket and signed up for weight watchers online last week -- It's amazing how one thing and a few days can do for your self-esteem. :D

ANYWAY, enough rambling -- I look forward to meeting you all!

Edit: hmmm... my signature isn't showing up :?:

Ilene
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Meowee -- Shannon is right focus on your new found habits. If you are doing everything right EVENTUALLY the scale will catch up... Maybe you're on a plateau too, increase your intensity in cardio, increase your weights in weight training, fluctuate your calories daily one day high, one day low... add a new exercise, I've added more swimming and I feel really different, altho the scale hasn't moved. Hey, now that I think of it my scale hasn't moved in a year HA, now there's a plateau :rolleyes:... Hang in there and keep posting..

Hi :wave: Mara :welcome3: to 3FC !

maggie2
02-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Welcome Scrappinrn and Mara. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Meow, hang in there. That darn scale will eventuall show a weight loss.

Today my friend is coming and bringing Wendy's salad for lunch. It will be great to see her. I love the mandarin chicken salad and so long as I limit the dressing the points are pretty good.

Tonight is weigh-in for me. I think I've lost a little more weight but guess I'll see tonight.

Tomorrow I get my hair done and then go to the doctor. I'm hoping that he'll take this cast off and let me use a fiberglass one that straps on. That way I can take it off to shower. Anyway, guess we'll see tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

meowee
02-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Welcome to "Scrappin" and "Marajade".

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and advice, gang. Don't worry, I don't stay down for long. Your "plateau" is wonderful, Ilene. Someday, I hope to join you there.

meowee
02-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Yooooo Hooooo Where are yooooooo ??

chimo2u
02-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello again! Thanks for the positive comments regarding my successes, it really made me feel great to know that there are other's rooting me on. Today after work I went for my Cardio workout and upped my intensity on the treadmill. I jogged for 40 minutes between 5.0 and 5.5 miles per hour. I managed to jog 5km. and boy was I tired! I have a goal of running 5km or 3 miles in 35 minutes or less. Some days it seems like it is an ever-elusive goal; however, today I felt good that I stuck with my program and went to the gym. I know that it can only get better. I have to remind myself that I never want to be at the low level of fitness that I started at in October ever again. I was 206lbs and couldn't even walk at 3.5 mph without getting tired!! I am now 177lbs and still gaining in my fitness and personal goals. I need to stay focused and remind myself that it will only get better as I stay consistant and focused on my goals!! I hope all of you are having a good day with your own successes that you can smile about!!!
Sincerely, Marie
P.S. Time to change my Avatar photo soon as that was taken back in October near the start of my journey!!! I know there are changes in my face since then!!

Ilene
02-23-2006, 07:48 PM
P.S. Time to change my Avatar photo soon as that was taken back in October near the start of my journey!!! I know there are changes in my face since then!!I was thinking just the same about your avatar when I was reading how much weight you lost... I thought, there's no way that's a recent pic... Please post a new pic for sure, or even before and afters, I love those...

Today's been a good day for me... Food was good and exercise was excellent :running:...

Cailleach
02-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi hi. Long time lurker, new poster here. I'm up in snowy (ish) Edmonton, and I gained about 50 pounds over the past two years, and I was overweight to begin with so I'm looking to lose about 80. Whee fun.

Ilene
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
:welcome: Cailleach and good luck !!

meowee
02-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Another sparkly kind of day, although the temperture has sneaked up above freezing and the sparkles are melting off the tree branches again.

Went out and bought myself a new scale today. It is another digital and may prove as temperamental as the old one. All I know so far is I got the same number out of both of them without too much argument even though I don't particularly like the number. :mad:

Here's the funny thing. The two reasons I bought this one instead of the WW that was beside it . . . (a) it is a little bigger and thought I might be able to balance on it better and (b) the box said it weighed in .5 pound increments which I was used to with the old one. Well, the box lied; it weighs in .2 increments just like the WW kind. Soooo, instead of always rounding up to the next full pound, I'd round down on .4 and up on .6. Maybe someday I learn to respect those .2 of a pound bits, but at my current weight, they are really just a nuisance. :D

Wow, Chimo. I agree with Ilene. You are doing wonderfully well. Pretty soon you'll definitely be a lean, mean, fighting machine; go girl. :carrot:

A great big welcoming :hug: for you, Cailleach. Glad you've stopped lurking and started talking which is much better exercise.

Have a great day, gang. See you soon. ;)

bethechange
02-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey guys!

I'm Jess, in Mississauga ON.
just moved here from Sarnia.

I'm counting calories and doing cardio...EH...didn't see that comming did you?!

Misery Chick
02-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey all you guys,

Today I am fighting the urge to jump in the fridge and stay there. I have two days off of work and I am afraid I will pig out which is the norm. for me.
I am also up for promotion at work and am very stressed out and just want to eat....only lost one pound since starting serious again. Also afraid of that too. If things take too long I tend to give up and just say to heck with it and justify eating that way. Man what a whiner I am hey? Sorry but I need to vent a little...don't hold it against me:( :( :?:

CanadianSmile
02-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

I am Stacey from Brantford area in Ontario. I am counting calories, a first for me, you know as before if you didn't count them you could sneak in extra things :lol: And I am faithfully exercising, on the bike and also circut training.
Just wanted to say hello! :D

Stacey

hefty1
02-25-2006, 08:46 AM
welcome stacey. it snowed here last night. glen

meowee
02-25-2006, 08:46 AM
:welcome2: Jess. :welcome2: Stacey Glad to see you here. It's fun and the more of us there are the more fun it is.

Hi Misery. I'll definitely keep you company today. I just know it will be a major non-compliance kind of day. I've been so well-behaved and the scale is not being nice to me. Hopefully we'll both be feeling better soon.

Ilene
02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Meowee and Misery

:coach: "STEP AWAY FROM THE :censored: FRIDGE!!! :coach: ...
Go for a walk,
clean your closet,
go to the gym,
do your nails,
take a bath,
read a book,
get into a Sudoku,
BUT
:coach: "STEP AWAY FROM THE :censored: FRIDGE!!! :coach:

Ok, I'm off to the gym to work tris and bis...TTFN :wave:

Wheezy
02-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi fellow canadians,
I am from a small town outside of Oshawa,Ontario. I am diabetic, insulin dependant and I am following my diabetic food plan as close as I can. It is exchanges. I love it that way. I can eat my bread and potatos or PASTA that I love without straying away.

hefty1
02-26-2006, 06:49 AM
welcome wheesy. what town do you live in. i live in toronto. have tried going the diedbetic thread in the dieting with obstacles section? :) glen

meowee
02-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Just a quick Hi to everybody . . . HI :wave:

Thanks for the pep talk, Ilene. I think it helped. Yesterday was not what I would call a great low-cal day, but it wasn't too bad. Averaged in with the rest of my week, everything comes out fine. I've always been much more concerned with a week than a single day. Guess I do my own version of high/low cycling without honestly thinking of it as such.

Here's a great, big, welcoming :hug: for you Wheezy. Glad to have you with us. I too am diabetic and, as Glen mentioned, I spend a lot of time on the "Dieting with Diabetes" thread. Hope to see you there too.

As usual, these boards are a lot quieter on the weekends for some reason. Maybe there are still people out there with a life :D Whatever, we'll look forward to seeing you all again, soon. Have a great evening :carrot:

maggie2
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Wheezy,

Glad you found us. Hope you enjoy visiting us here.

It's been a really quiet day here. I'm saving up points for Tuesday...we've going to a pancake supper. Just a veg out kind of day around our house.

da fat n da furious
02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
darn, had a long ...but lost it.

Welcome to all the new people...fantastic to see all the places in Canada...

I haven't read all the posts for the last few days,,,but plan to.
Just thought to let you know Im out of the hospital, and feeling pretty good. Don't know what the fuss was about...lol
Anywho...gotta some reading to do.
tffn

christina_dawn
02-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Welcome back Angie! Glad things went well in the hospital.
It's a glorious day here in frost covered Moncton with a wind chill of -30. With the wind and the cold, I'm hoping for the face lift/botox look by the time I get to work. Brrrrrr.
Fell off the wagon this weekend at our dinner party, but am on track again this morning. Going to walk walk walk as much as I can today at work. Walk around our pods. Walk around our building and park at the far part of the parkinglot.
I'm craving fruit as usual after a big fall, so it's a good sign that I'll make the right choices at lunch.
Have a great Monday morning everyone and I'll see you tonight!

meowee
02-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Good Morning from Nova Scotia . . . it's cold and sunny . . . but who knows how long that will last.

Glad you are feeling good, Angie. And should I be glad you lost a long ????? :D Probably not since I think the missing word just might be "post"? ;)

Good for you, Christina. If I've had a gorging kind of day it certainly isn't fruit I crave the next day . . . it's usually more of the same kind of junk I had the day before :mad:

My day is going OK so far . . . but, of course, it is rather early yet. Here's wishing us all a great day. :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi there! Thought I'd pop in and see how my Canuck friends are doing!!What's new?

da fat n da furious
02-28-2006, 10:59 AM
lol yes it was post....sorry about that.
My computer is being fixed,,,Im using my sons which is not on a desk,,,so with my high powered glasses Im siting a few feet away typing on the arm of a chair,,,balancing the keyboard. why not my lap? my lil dog has first dibs on it.
A bit snowy here in Calgary,,,Pretty from where I am. Not sure of when I can resume driving,,,few days I am thinking,,,not going stir crazy yet.
big challenge for today is crocheting another panel for this blanekt Im working on. And catching the Fed Ex person,,,didn't yesterday. No worries about eating and still drinking my water.
what is your plans for today?

missprincess
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm from just outside of London, Ontario. i also do cardio (everyday for right now) and count calories. so far it is going okay! It is nice to see so many of us out here!!!:hug:

meowee
02-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi, Widein . . . I'm fine and hopefully everyone else is, too. ;)

It's been really cold here in Nova Scotia today. A friend of mine needed a lift to the hospital (just a routine test) at 8:00 am. My goodness, I thought we were going to freeze solid before the car even got a chance to warm up. I never used to feel the cold, but now it seems every year I get older my temperature range tolerance narrows.

Hi, Dafat. . . Hope you get your regular 'puter back soon. Hey, at least you've got an extra lying around.

Believe me, I know about the animals on the lap routine. One of my cats (all 11-12 lbs of him) only wants to sit on my chest so he can put his head on my shoulder beside my chin. Of course, because he's so big, I have to cross my arms under him so he ddoesn't slide off. Very affectionate and all that, but after about five minutes I have to push him off so I can breathe again. Not to mention that I can't do anything while he is lying there.

A great, big, :welcome2: for you Miss Princess. Drop in and visit with us anytime. We love lots of company.

Have a good day, gang. See you soon. Here's some :dust: to keep us going through the evening.

maggie2
02-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Miss Princess,

Glad you found us. This is a great place. Enjoy!

da fat n da furious
03-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Welcome Miss Princess,,,now the picture is that your ring or THE ring?

Maggie,,,what book are you rewriting? I went back looking to see if you had writing what it was about...
I took a children's story writing course years ago with Sigmund Brower (think I spelt his last name wrong tsk tsk)

Meowee,,,figured you would have a cat with that name...lol I love my lil dog,,,jack russel,,,yes hyper but not always,,,shes a big suck...loves to be held like a baby. The two days I was gone she was depressed,,,seriously wouldn't have anything to do with the boys...and shes their dog. I feel bad cause I am spending alot of time in bed,,,resting in between my lil walks around the house. And she does what I do so she has been sleeping alot.

Im more sore today then most,,,think I over did it by cleaning the kitchen,,,don't see how since all I did was wipe down the counters and wash the sink.

need to drink more water,,,only have about half in.

hefty1
03-01-2006, 09:40 AM
hi everyone i went to pancake supper last nite. :) glen

da fat n da furious
03-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Anyone watch Taking it Off? Its all reruns but I finally watch one rerun I hadn't seen last night. I almost was on that show..had two interviews,,,and this next season I had two interviews...very stressful and am glad I didn't make it,,,would hate to be in a bathing suit on camera...*shudder
I wake up screaming from dreams like that...lol
The weather is sunny,,,melting everything,,,but still am not going outside. Hubby thinks I may slip on some ice...and I agree.
Got my computer back yesterday...yay...to be able to sit in a chair up against the desk and seeing the print is nice...lol

meowee
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello from Nova Scotia . . .

Very cold and mostly sunny again today. All in all, I'd have to say it was "lamb-like" and, unfortunately, that could mean March will get nasty before it ends.

I did pretty good with the pancake day stuff, Glen. Even had SF syrup. That's probably why I didn't go overboard . . . because it really doesn't taste good enough to make me want more. I know, be thankful for small mercies.

You are probably very wise to continue to take it easy, Dafatn. The melty kind of snow can be verrrry slippery. No, I haven't watched the show (at least not lately). I think I have to agree. I don't think I'd like to hang it all out on TV either.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Where is everybody, today? It's way to quiet in here. Come on, gang, let's hear from you soon. Have a great one. :carrot:

da fat n da furious
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I was hoping to get my picture collage going but I can't bend down low enough to drag our box of pics out,,,and can't lift it so have to wait for someone to come home and help me.
I watch Emeril and it just made my mouth water,,,
Switched to Trading Spaces...can't wait to be able to paint some of the walls in our house.
can you tell boredom is setting in?

meowee
03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh Yeah . . . hang in there girl. And stay away from the fridge!!!!

Ilene
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
It was very sunny here but verrrry COLD!! I work as a replacement teacher's assistant sometimes and I have to go outside with the kids, HOLY MOLY it was cold today, I was surprised the principal let them out...

Things are good exercise wise but food is clean but I am taking in too many calories, not good... I have to work on that...

da fat n da furious
03-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Weird day here,,,thought it was going to be nice and sunny again but lil flurries come scooting back.
Nothing planned today. Have all my pics pulled out that I think will work so thats about it.
so a lil arts and crafts,,,watch tv, snack,,and nap. Don't I sound like a preschooler?

meowee
03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Another cold one here . . . abut 1/2 and 1/2 as far as the sun is concerned.

Went to Swiss Chalet for lunch today and did pretty well. Too much chicken (without skin, because I honestly don't like the skin) but no fries and a tossed salad with diet dressing instead of coleslaw. I did eat the roll with real butter on it. That was my "treat". One good thing about having the half chicken . . . I was so full I was able to resist dessert.

Now, of course, I don't know what I'll have for dinner since I've pretty much had my whole day's allotment of protein. Some kind of brothy vegetable soup I guess.

Anyway, hope everybody is doing well today. See you later, gang. :carrot:

missprincess
03-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Welcome Miss Princess,,,now the picture is that your ring or THE ring?

Maggie,,,what book are you rewriting? I went back looking to see if you had writing what it was about...
I took a children's story writing course years ago with Sigmund Brower (think I spelt his last name wrong tsk tsk)

Meowee,,,figured you would have a cat with that name...lol I love my lil dog,,,jack russel,,,yes hyper but not always,,,shes a big suck...loves to be held like a baby. The two days I was gone she was depressed,,,seriously wouldn't have anything to do with the boys...and shes their dog. I feel bad cause I am spending alot of time in bed,,,resting in between my lil walks around the house. And she does what I do so she has been sleeping alot.

Im more sore today then most,,,think I over did it by cleaning the kitchen,,,don't see how since all I did was wipe down the counters and wash the sink.

need to drink more water,,,only have about half in.

It is THE RING!!! *giggle*

da fat n da furious
03-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Nice...very pretty. My engagement ring was similar but gold. (that looks like white gold) my wedding bands sit one on each side with tiny diamonds.
My 15th year anniversary ring was designed by my DH it sits up high with 5 diamonds across,,,3 diamonds for 15 years he was told but he added 2 extra one for each our boys. AHHH
And with our 20th looming close by hes aleady picked my ring,,,white gold, with 5 diamonds across. Very simple,,,but with BIG diamonds...gotta love that.
Im tired,,didn't get my nap in. Flower shop called early this morning to say they had a del to make to me,,,and would del in the am...so I waited,,,waited and waited some more. 2 pm! And the flowers were so big I couldn't carry them...the guy was boarder line rude about having to take a few extra steps (boots and all) to drop them on the counter for me....but once I explained I just had surgery and can't lift anything over 5 lbs he seemed to snap out of it. Took my shower, pain reliever and now Im going down for my nap.
I know Im seriously getting bored when Im watching the designer chanels and thinking I could do better...lol

Ilene
03-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Now, of course, I don't know what I'll have for dinner since I've pretty much had my whole day's allotment of protein. Some kind of brothy vegetable soup I guess.One chicken breast does not count as a whole day's protein? Have more for supper it'll keep you fuller longer...

meowee
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I agree, Ilene, but I had the breast, the leg, the thigh, and the wing . . . i.e., half of a whole chicken.

meowee
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Today didn't start out too well. I was ravenous . . . probably because I didn't have enough protein yesterday evening. Decided to have a nap ecause nothing else was working (I know . . . just a form of escapism). I woke up like it was a whole new day . . . had a great meal of protein and oodles of veggies and think I finally have the day in control.

Of course, talking to myself in here may be helping . . . at least there's no one to disagree with me. :D But I do miss you, gang. Where are you? :^:

Ilene
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey Meowee, I'm here... but I don't have much to say, except I ran in frigid weather today -12c but I think the WC was -21c... but I made it and I'm happy :D...

Ilene
03-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I am going to open an new thread "Calling all Canadians -- March Chat"

This thread is getting way too long...

srmb60
03-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Bump

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanx SUSANB ... I didn't know that this thread existed; but I see the last post (except for you this am) was exactly a year ago today; gee ~ what happened? I'm glad you suggested re-starting it; I think it would be great for us to support each other. I have met some other Canadians on here already and it would be nice to keep in touch with them.

ABOUT US ... we live in a small village up north; the nearest city is Timmins, Ontario. I was born in Orangeville and was raised near there and have lived in Guelph, Brampton, and Bramalea, etc. Came north to go to college and stayed, as many of my family had returned here (some family roots here). Funny thing is ... most returned down south or are now spread out in other provinces. That's one reason I came on the net ~ so I could keep in touch with my family more often ...

MY PLAN ~ is one I created with my docs' blessings ... it's portion and calorie based; and devised loosely from Heart & Diabetes plans. The plan theory came from a professor/researcher from NYU, who said ~ for good health, sustainability, and longevity ... "EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE!" (2100 cals for initial goal of 177lbs/size 16-18; for now). So far, it's working for me; so, I'm sticking with it, cuz I don't want to go back where I was before ... ever, ever again!!!

MY MAIN EXERCISE is walking, plus I do some hand weights, and I have a mega-rower that I use on occasion. I joined the March exercise thread for large ladies 40+ group to keep me accountable. I may have some physical limitations, but I'm not going to let that stop me ~ cuz I'm a spunky, Irish lass, and I want to win this battle once and for all ~ LOL! As Jillybean said ... "WRAP YOUR BRAIN AROUND THE IDEA THAT THIS IS FOR LIFE!" Ttyl and thanx again, SUSANB ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud. :hug:

meowee
03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
SusanB pulled up this CALLING ALL CANADIANS thread earlier, I think it was the original that she had started.

I had made a few more after that and we kind of kept it going until Canada Day with one entitled "Calling all Canadians - Canada Day Challenge" and then I let it die out because it seemed to be losing steam . . . but I would love to see it revived if anybody is interested. If we can drum up enough momentum, maybe we can at least get a STICKY. . .

Start posting lots and lots Susan and all you other crazy canuks :crazy: . . . we deserve our own little chat place.

cupcake84
03-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey all, Im a fellow Canadian, born and raised in Nova Scotia, lived in Saskatchewan for a couple of years, but came back home.

meowee- nice to see a fellow bluenoser, i thought i was the only one around haha

Anyways,I love the idea of talking to other Canadians on here in a forum, so i hope this thread sticks around!woohoo Canada!

meowee
03-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Meryl . . . :hug:

I hope so too. I peeked at your profile and noticed that we both have February birthdays - mine is the 25th - of course I'm a wee little bit older than you. ;) Love the picture of your son by the way.

One thing I've always noticed about Maritimers . . . they come home if they can. Strangely enough, I'm originally 'from away'. Born and raised in Toronto and transferred down here about 12 years ago. When I retired, I just stayed here because I really like the slower pace of life. Guess we 'Uppity Canadians' just transplant a little more easily. :dizzy: BTW, wherebouts are you? I'm in Pictou.

Anyway, girl . . . hope you have a moving and shaking kind of day . . . see you soon. :carrot:

Rockie86
03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi all! Another bluenoser... haha :D
I'm new to the community, hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. I guess my plan is to eat more veggies and smaller portions, and do cardio and some weights every day... just starting out so I'll see how it goes!

meowee
03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Chickie . . .

Here's a great big welcoming :hug: for you too. Welcome aboard. Where are you? I know, I know, it's not that big a province -- at least not in size. ;) The size of the heart of the Nova Scotian is another matter, entirely. :D

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you again later. :carrot:

srmb60
03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Let's start new ... here ....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1597635#post1597635