Old 01-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #1  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default Weekly Chat 1/7 - 1/14

How is everyone doing today?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I'm doing okay. I was faced with a lot of temptation today as far as food. People offering me food that I try to stay away from. But I was good and turned it all down and I'm feeling very proud of myself. My weigh-in is tomorrow and I think I will see a loss.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #3  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Good job, Teahoney! I went for a hike with my doggie. It was fun, but very cold!
I was SO furiated last night after reading an article in a magazine. It was called "How Celebs Just Start Their Bikini Body". They showed super people and then told how to get their "figure." One of the pics was of Jessica Alba in a bikini and every bone in her body was showing! Why are they promoting that?
Another article I read was about how Jennifer Garner is depressed about her post baby body. who isn't? Her trainer says that she needs to be bikini-ready in 4 months! Hello!!!!! I'm still woking off that baby weight 6 mos later! Hollywood disgusts me!!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #4  
Size 8 Here I Come!

Hey guys, I'm new here but I figured I might as well jump right in.

Today was pretty good for me though I've had some better days recently...LOL. I have already walked a mile though and am about to do a few sessions of Kinetic, some crunches, and some hand weights.

Allensmom~ I totally agree with you about the celebs...everyone needs to remember that it's easy to lose weight and look that way when you work out six hours a day with a personal trainer and don't eat. Us real women with jobs and children do not have that luxury!! It takes a REAL person to actually lose weight and get fit the healthy way!!

Hope you all are having an excellent weekend!!
Redneck Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #5  

Hey There! So far the week is good. Got lots of good, healthy stuff at the grocery store, and I'm getting better and reading labels! I even treated myself to some cool Indian stuff at Trader Joes. I plan to hit the gym again tomorrow, and to aim for atleast 4 days next week.

Btw, I agree on the whole celeberty thing. I think it's disgusting and dangerous. They are broadcasting the message that we should starve ourselves skinny. No, thanks!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Today has been a difficult day in a couple of ways. I had two PRAXIS exams today, one at 7:30, one at 2:15. After finished the morning one, I got news that one of my friends died in a car accident. I was okay until I got home, but when I told the DH, I just fell apart. It's been a very sad day - and of course, I had to go back and try to focus on an exam after that. I couldn't get Martina out of my head, I just kept hearing her soft Czech accent and sweet smile. She was one of the sweetest people I've ever known. Her poor husband... he must be a mess. He's okay, but he was the one driving the car. My god, the guilt. His brother is still in critical condition at the hospital. I hope he will be okay. Give your loved ones a big hug today okay?

On a positive note, I'm not eating the pain or the stress.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #7  

*hugs* Oh sweety! Let me know if you need to talk!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

OK so yes I DID have a DQ Blizzard today, BUT I worked out for hours so that cancels it out, right??!! LOL My eating is S-L-O-W-L-Y trying to catch up with my working out...so that's good news I guess.

Jenicra~ Good luck with your PRAXIS tests, and I am SO SO sorry to hear about your friend!! I'll be praying for her husband, bro-in-law, and their families!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #9  

I'm another newbie!

I'm having a rough weekend, but today was a great day because I found this website!! *woo hoo*
Less_of_Me_to_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #10  

Jen I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, that is just awful!

I thought before that I had a rough day, but it seems a bit trivial now - I got a bad grade in one of my classes, which pulls my gpa way down and messes up my class rank, and I found out that my car, which was in the shop due to a collision, was in a hail storm and is probably totalled. I did a fairly good job of not eating my stress today, and I'm looking forward to getting back to school on monday so I can get in a routine and not spend so much time sitting on my bupkis doing nothing.

On a happy note, I discovered those nabisco 100 calorie thincrisp packs and they are actually gooooood. The chips ahoy ones are tasty, but the oreo thin crisps are REALLY good - and they'd be great with a glass of milk - I plan to keep a stockpile of them in my carrell at school so as to avoid the fresh baked cookie temptation. We'll see, though...

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #11  

okay guys whats up? me i think i am okay i need to change my goaly thingy under this message its way out of date.. but ill fill you in so far i am 140 last time i check myself but that was before i found out about the divorce and i have been eating alot more candy cookis and brownies.. but i am starting fresh in this new year.. i am single for the first time since i was 16 years old and its tough i am stressed out when i am not at work... work is keeping me gounded and keeping my head straight.. i guess i should be thankful for being in a small town where its not what you know its who you know thats what got me my job in the first place..

and with this whole hollywood body CRAP i think stuff like that is the reason why so many kids as young as 8 years old think they have to starve themselves to be pretty.. they think if i dotn look like so-in-so then i am fat... which disgusts me
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I got back from visiting my family on Tuesday. The trip went well but it wasn't long enough. I want to move back especially now that my sister had a baby. I'm trying to talk my husband into it, we'll see how it goes.
I'm coming down with a nasty case of bronchitis. Guess I'll be heading to the doctor's office on Monday. Luckily I have a couple weeks until school but it is severely hurting the cardio. There's no way I'm going to meet my goal for the January challenge. It's also putting a strain on my Vday mini goal. I hate being sick!
Well I'm off to get some sleep. I've been exhausted all week between jet lag and the bronchitis.
jenicra, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss and remember we are all here for you.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Hey There. Well the past week hasn't been to bad. My Job (Just started 12/7) is doing well keeping me away from food. I am there a minimum of 9 hours a day, and there are NO food and drinks allowed on the floor so it keeps me away from eating all day. Unlike my old job where as long as the food was out of the paients sight we could have it all day long. lol I will be weighing tomorrow morning and am hoping for a loss. I have lost 11 so far and havent "seen a change" but I have so much to loose I think seeing it will take awhile.

Jenicra, My prayers go out to you, your friend and her family!

~Sharon
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #14  

Hi all,
I'm new here, looking for some friendly support in my weight loss attempts. I walked/jogged for 40 minutes today and did several crunches and other toning exercises. I've lost 15 pounds in the past few months, slowly but surely. It's staying off, so far! I have about 30 more to go.

Jenrica, I'm so sorry about your friend! Her family is in my prayers.

I hope everyone has good success towards their goals!

Kim
English_teacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #15  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like a few people are starting back into school tomorrow - good luck! I don't start til Wednesday (should I add a haha here?)

Welcome Kim! Are you a teacher? I've got one term left before I'm in the classroom.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote