Support Groups - A Few Good friends #11!

View Full Version : A Few Good friends #11!

andreaphilip3
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello,this thread is for all of you that want to post daily with a great bunch of people. As we strive to obtain our weight loss goal we turn to each other for advice,support and motivation!! we also provide jokes,quotes giggles,a shoulder to cry on and a place to vent! I hope you all enjoy being apart of " A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"! Good Luck and Welcome!
come join us and make this the year you resolve to the weight!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Diane! Pretty quiet around here!! What's up?:carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
I hope everyone is out there exercising!!!:D I might be going to a movie tonight with an old friend tonight,Maybe,well see,I haven't made up my mind yet! I am not exercising today or tomorrow,starting fresh Monday!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2006, 07:31 PM
:?:

andreaphilip3
01-07-2006, 08:34 PM
whats up wendy?!

yes i was out exercising and then went to dinner. am gonna go lift as soon as it settles.

have fun at your movie!:)

andreaphilip3
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
you guys.... i did it!!!!!! i fit in a 6 swimsuit!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm jealous!:D

jazy
01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Me too!! But , congrats!! that is a deal!! I hope everyone had a good day !!
I know I did!!! I went shopping for food that is !! It was actually fun!

andreaphilip3
01-07-2006, 11:55 PM
lol you guys!

cmon wendy youll get there soon! and jaz.....good job!!! stick to it and youll get there too! i didnt do so well but i never do on saturdays.(((((( ))))

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2006, 01:28 AM
:ink: :ink: :ink: I feel like I pigged out today,but the funny thing is that I really didn't.I guess I'm just bloated(circle days) and feel huge!
I didn't go to a movie tonight,decided to stay home and play with Ryan,he's more fun anyway!!:D
G'night ladies!

andreaphilip3
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
hi wendy!!!
i def pigged out last night but today im on the arrow til dinner and then i have pizza and tomm its over.
hi jaz whats up, girl! thur right? (i hope!)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Girls!What's going on?? I'm not doin much today as usual! I'll be around!Happy days!

andreaphilip3
01-08-2006, 01:31 PM
hi wendy!!!!!!

ditto.... not doin nada!:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Is it ever quiet around here these days......

andreaphilip3
01-08-2006, 04:39 PM
looks that way doesnt it?

jazy
01-08-2006, 10:33 PM
hi, Ladies.How was your day. GOOD!!

Well, mine was alright.I am very happy because I have been sticking to my diet of WW for almost a whole week,Even though today I had the munchies like crazy.Wel, I hope everyone is doing well TO..Se ya later!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Girls! What's up?A brand new day ahead of us tomorrow!I am going to be doing my exercises tomorrow afternoon,starting at 25mins. and going to work my way up to 55 mins by the end of the week!Wish me luck! I'll be back before bed!

andreaphilip3
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
hi guys!!
im bushed 5 hrs of sleep isnt enough for me! im off to bed....
hey wendy you can do it!!!!

hey jaz!!! how goes it? youre doin really really well im so proud of you!:) weigh in time just sneaks up on you doesnt it? hehe. are you gonna stick to wed weigh ins and just use thur as support like i do or are you gonna wait and wi on thur?

((((((( )))))))

wish me luck tomm ladies ive got'contraptions' comin my way and its gonna be tough!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Good luck Diane!:hug: It might be tough but you can handle it!you're tough yourself girl!:D I am going to call the godmother tomorrow afternoon and try to get those WW books in the evening or the next day.I am taking Ryan to daycare in the morning to see if he likes it and meanwhile I am going to go out for breaky with my long time friend John,should be good!In the afternoon I will do the workout and RELAX for awhile before I get Ryan up from his nap!
What's for supper tomorrow????Something healthy I guess! LOL!:) I went to mom and dads for supper tonight,mom was experimenting and made some awful pasta dish,needless to say that was the first time EVER that I refused to eat pasta!!She put anchovies in it(yuck) and I am not into tiny salty,boney fish in my pasta.Yuck again!!
Gained the standard 4lbs for circle days:mad:
G'night girls!

colaz
01-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey ladies! I'm back at school, so also back to that daily gab! I wish it was more active in here though...sorry that I haven't been around.

Maybe someone could post an official request for a few more ladies to join this group to keep it moving? Like, post a thread titled "looking for a few buddies?" or something, and explain we already have an exhisting group, but need more company! Wouldn't get so lonely in here? Not that I love just your company? lol

So, again I'm home safe and sound. Tired...and THEY LOST MY LUGGAGE! Yup, I'm awefully screwed here because I have nothing...basically all of my clothes and everyting is in those bags. Sigh...I am borrowing from a few friends here. Ok, I'll talk to you gals in the morning!

colaz
01-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Wow...can't believe I'm the first one to post. How is everyone this morning? Wakey wakey! lol

Good news! They found my luggage, and I should be getting it this afternoon. Phew! Aalright, I need to shower.

I will be starting dieting and stuff again today. I won't have time for excercise, but tomorrow! :) This morning I had a bowl of oatmeal!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
: Hi Honey's!I'm home! Took Ryan to daycare today for all of 6mins. I was told that I had to take him and leave him for 2 hours so I was pretty shocked to hear that they wanted me to sit there with him for that time!Meanwhile I had made plans to meet my friend for breaky.I just packed Ryan up and left! Wish people could get their stories straight.I was confused because,I thought the reason I was taking Ryan there was to see how he would be in a daycare setting without mommy hangin around.
Breaky was good though! Ryan ate like a little piglet!:ink:so that made me happy!
Off to do the dreaded exercise thing...
See ya!

colaz
01-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey Wendy! They wanted you to stay with Ryan for two hours at the day care? Or were you just there for the first 6 minutes...wow. Weird...I worked at a day care, and we always tried getting the parents out of there as fast as possible (if the kids were upset). Well, unless they wanted to stay.

WTG with the excercise! How is it going lately?

Well, first class done. I have my luggage here now, so I actually get ot start unpacking. WHOHOOO! I am going to clean first!

So, so far today I had a bowl of oatmeal, a can of fruit (a individualized mixed fruit can, sugarless) and a bowl of chicken noodle soup for lunch. Good so far today! :) No excercise yet...not sure what I'll do for that today

andreaphilip3
01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
hey! no one missed me!??? j/k. im home w my contraptions......heeeeeelp!!!!!! just ask jasmine..... jaz wait til you see this major hardware on my bod!!
you knows whats ironic i just thought of? i think tess was around for the last set of braces too.

howes the diet ladies? im starvin skipped lunch but i had a snack when i got home.
hi wendy!!!! that is so weird they wanted you stay. whats the pt of dc if youre there??? hello!? happy exercisin!!!!!

hi tess!!!! im sorry bout your bags but glad that therev back:) good luck on the diet train:) we can do it you guys......if me and \jaz can you both can!!

well, i can barely walk right now...gotta be so careful not to fall but ive got crutches.

hi jaz!!!!!((((((( ))))))))) ALL.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Diane~ you'll get used to those "contraptions" real quick!!:D
Tessa~They wanted me to stay the whole 2 hours but I took Ryan to breakfast with me instead,I didn't see the point of both of us staying in daycare!:?:
Jazy~ What's up girl??
So I am an the process of trying to find a new lawyer,the one I have is ok but I want someone that is willing to fight with me for what is right! She(the lawyer)doesn't seem to have it in her.Collabritive law sucks.
Guess the ex and I have to go to a shrink to get assessed,thank goodness Ryan will be kept out of this one!!
So what are the going to find you ask??Well,a crack smokin' addict who is also a theif and a compulsive liar and an protective mommy.Who would you pick to raise a child??Not a hard question to answer is it?
I'll check up on the response later!!
ciao

colaz
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh my goodness Wendy I didn't realize you were going through this. You have been divorsed for awhile yet? Maybe I am missing something? How old is Ryan again? That is nuts about the day care. Is this the first time he has been to a day care! No worried about the trial! Hon, you got him! :)

Diane...yes, that is why I was confuzed when you were going for another one lol. I still don't exactly know what is up with you (with all of your equipment). So, you don't or you do have your braces yet? How is it going? If you are hungry btw...EAT something before you overeat! That is normally my problem anyway.

What did you gals think about my inviting other people here (in an earlier post up above). I love you gals, but sometimes it is pretty slow in here. Maybe if Diane or Wendy posted an offical invition thread we could rope a few other ladies.

Jaz, how are you doing? What day is this now on WW?

So far so good stilL! I ate some chocolate though...opps! I have my dorm kind of clean now. I'm not feeling very good at the moment for some reason. Hmmm...upset stomache. I thought I could take a break.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Yep,life sucks sometimes!:D Welcome to my personal soap opera!
So I think that's a great idea!! Setting up a thread to try and get others to join us!! Let's see if I can do something...
How's the contraptions workin' for you D??
I'll be back!

colaz
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
LOL Wendy the thread looks great (asking for more posters). I like the bit about the holidays...very well said!

how long have you been divorced Wendy?

Well, Rob called me tonight...twice! He called me, and i called him back. He was playing darts and we talked for about 15 minutes, and he asked if it would work to talk to me later. We had a great conversation...about bad habbits, p'js...lol He said that if I would like to I could call him tomorrow night or he would call me on Wednesday on the way to the airport (he is flying to Arizona to visit other set of grandparents for 50th anniversary). He is soo sweet and cute! Wish I could put his picture up on here. Sigh...he is all the way in SC.

Diane, how are you doing? Havn't heard from you for awhile...hope all is ok!

andreaphilip3
01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
ok... rofl!! you guys are crackin me up!

sup jaz? how ya doin?

wendy:id pick 'daddy'......j/k!:D tryin to keep it light! thats terible....ryan is only 2. thanks for the support. i had em on bout 3 hrs and then went swiming so no more til tomm.

tess: so do you like him? good job on the diet! dont worry, i ate 2 clementines and a qt h20 when i got hme from the dr so i wouldnt starve bf dinner. thanks. and thanks for the support...lol i needed a different type of brace thats why. ive got cerebral palsy. ive got crutches and a w/c that i try not to use.

((((( ))))) guys you rock!

andreaphilip3
01-09-2006, 11:48 PM
hey guys!
i just applied to be in the ww before and after contest! wish me luck!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 01:58 AM
JAZY~ pretty quiet today hun, are you O.K? I miss ya!
TESSA~your sweety sounds real nice...think he's a keeper???Maybe you can use his pic. as a avatar!!!Really!! Why not!!;)
DIANE~contraptions are a good thing! Keeps you mobile and more independant!! I am so jealous that you can do a before and after thing!!! I can only do a before and still!!!:D SO MUCH LUCK!!!!
Well,late to bed as usual,G'night ladies and lets see if our other thread does anything for us,I hope so!!
Love ya!

colaz
01-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Wendy and AP and Jaz, and hopfully a few others that will come and join us!

Tiff and Kristi (I think those are your names)...I really hope you two (or whoever else used to be a regular poster) can come and join us here again. I am ready to get ot know other people now...lol jk Diane and Wendy! :)

So, I had a real hard time sleeping lastnight. I'm going to try to get a nap in this afternoon...probably got about 4 hours.

Yeah Diane and Wendy...I do like him I think. He is so far away though! Sigh...why can't they make em like that around here. I don't have any on-line pictures yet, but when I do I'll put them up! Sometime here I am going to put up a pic of myself on the avatar.

So, I am kind of having a bad day today, so I might not be around very much. Talk to you later though today hopefully. gotta go!

andreaphilip3
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
hi guys!

wendy: lol thanks. ive still 10 to go..... have prob w contraptions already..... have to go in tomm afternoon. its digging into my right foot. no idea why i didnt feel it sooner. just got back from urology so im pretty cranky.
hi tess! u ok? im glad you like him:) its ok hon im in a bad mood too today.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 12:48 PM
I want to go over there and just...just hug the cranky right out of you!!
Good morning/afternoon!Happy to be here,I plan on having somewhat of a good day! Ryan already went peepee on the potty!I am trying to potty train him now,I don't want a 3yr old running around in diapers,that's just not cute! lol!!although 3 is still 10 months away!
To answer your question about the divorce Tessa,up here in Canada you have to be legally seperated for 1 year before you can get divorced,and even then if you don't have all your affares in order ie;child support,marital property,etc then it just drags on. Right now,I have been seperated for 13 months,no sign of child support,and he want's all the furniture and the van.He also wants Ryan and I say he's not getting anything else from this house.Not even a toothpick!!:D
So,Its beautiful here in wonderful Winnipeg! +1c I am going to take Ryan outside to play for awhile today,He'll love that! and I will too!
Have a glorious day ladies and I hope my mood is contagious via internet!
Love ya!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 03:17 PM
:D LA TE DEE TEE DA DEE DA(singin') so??? What's up there girlies?? Almost time for Ryans nap,and my workout!!25 mins and 10 on the abs! Like usual I gained my 4-5lbs for the week,by Friday I should be about 138-139,think I can do it??;)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi!:D Guess what!!!! I got ahold of that lawyer I wanted and he said he would take the case!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all I have to do is write a letter to Legal aid and put in my request for him and why I don't want my lawyer anymore and HOPE that they will approve !How am I going to sound intelligent when I write this letter?? LOL:rofl: I'll send you a copy of the letter and let you read it,see how articulate I am!!
Happy day continues!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 06:28 PM
HELLO ANYBODY THERE???

GETTING LONLEY HERE:(

andreaphilip3
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
hi wendyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

have a good workout? wtg on gettin that lawyer!! good luck w that letter girlie. thanks for the ((((((( ))))) back atcha go get em! i just feel like i got the snot beat outta me. not a good day.
hi tess!
hi jaz!! are ya still comin w me?

andreaphilip3
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Author Naomi Moriyami reveals the seven secrets of Japanese women's lean living and longevity. Lightly cooked fish, vegetables, fruit and soy are staples of this diet that hinges on smaller portion sizes and a walking-intensive lifestyle.

Eat until you're 80 percent full. Skip eating out and focus on fresh foods at home. Cut your portion sizes. See how the diet works.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Interesting...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Guess what!!! I put our posters wanted thread in the Buddy up section! Think that might work??

sweet_pea
01-10-2006, 11:35 PM
YES!!!

it worked - here I am :rofl:

I would love to join your group. I am from New Zealand and need to get off some weight. I struggle with emotional eating and bad habits but I am getting there slooooowly.

Oops I have to replace the batteries in my mouse but I will be back to tell you more about myself. And yes I do post daily...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
:welcome: COOL!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!Hope you will enjoy this thread!! I'll be back before bed!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Well ladies..time for bed.Look forward to getting to know you sweetpea!Catch ya all in the morning(I hope)
What happened to everyone today??Was it really that rough??I'm sorry if you all had a bad day,tomorrow/today will be better,it's all what you make it! Right??
Ciao bellas!

megsa
01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
And here comes another new girl!

My name is Meg and I live in South Africa. I'll try to post daily from work, except when really hectic. I've started the new year on a good note so far and have now lost 1,5kg of the 3 that I put on over Xmas!

LeslieFM
01-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi, I saw your post in the buddy up area, I would like to join you guys here if that is ok. A little about me, I am 39, married very happily, 2 children at home, 16 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I am looking for a group that likes to post daily, I get on the internet in the morning and afternoon. I work (teaching) part time, and it has caused me to not sleep so well at night.

I have lost over 50 pounds, but have not made any more headway in 2 years, although I have not gained any back. My goal is a size 10 pair of Liz Claiborne jeans that look really good in my closet haha!

Write back!

Leslie

franci
01-11-2006, 10:41 AM
New to this board. am sahm of 2 boys plus have a hubby. kinda overwelmed by this board, its so big. anyways I am 38 yo and have 50 lbs to lose. I am 5ft 4in and feeling really round lately. I like to read romance books and walk and bike. i can't walk outside since its A. cold B. rainy C. Michigan. I am walking each morning in front of my TV. Can only go 7/8mins but every morning I try to add a min or two. I loved pilataes but this time arounf class was full at rec center. The DVD's just arn't the same.

anyways I am looking for support and friends

DivaLaRed
01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Hello Wendy, Jaz, Tess, and other newbies in this group!!! I would love to join and stay in touch with you ladies throughout each day, just not sure how. I also am so new to this that sometimes the acronyms people use (DH, OP, etc.) make no sense to me. :shrug:

I would love to hear from all of you, let's keep the support and open talk coming!!!! :carrot:

andreaphilip3
01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
good morning!:)

wow!!!!! wtg wendy! welcome to all of the newbies! we hope that you will make yourself comfy:)

im Diane...im here quite often. im on ww. ive lost 54 lbs and aiming for 10 more.....

hi wendy, tess and jaz! hows it goin guys? jaz are you weighing in tonight?

DivaLaRed
01-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi to you too, Diane. :)

I am not following any set diet plan. Right now I am trying a combination of the following: south beach, portion control, calorie counting, low fat, low salt, whole grain/wheat products, food journal, and 30 minutes of workout activity daily.

I take Omega 3-6-9 complex, Alive! Multi-vitamin, viamin c, and an Iron supplement to make sure I get the right nutrients in addition to what I eat each day. My anemia has pretty much disappeared and I am probably the healthiest I have ever been. Except for a little pudge. :o

I live with my BF and my dog, and have no kids. I take medication for depression and panic/anxiety, so I am all about avoiding stress - which makes me even more grateful to have found this site and this group!!! :D

hellokittyfan
01-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa, I'm 32 years old, wanting to lose about 50 pounds or more.

Can I join the group?

Lisa :carrot:

DivaLaRed
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Lisa! My name is Crystal and I also live in VA, and want to lose 40 lbs or so. What kinds of things are you doing to get/stay healthy?

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
YES!!!!
You can join this group!!!!
How is everyone doing today???I am so glad we have more people on this thread! It was getting pretty stale!!:D No offence girls! So to let you all know about me~I'm a 34 year old mom of a 2 year old boy,who is my entire world!I work,attend the odd schooling course and am a full time mommy!When I decided to lose weight I was 181lbs and have gotten down to 140lbs. my goal weight is 128lbs and I hope to get there byMay,I give myself alot of time because I seem to lose my motivation easily!! lol Well,That's a quick prefiew of whats to come from this end,Have a great day ladies,and i'll be around abit today to check in!
Wendy

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi Again!! Wanted to welcome all of you to your new home!!!Sweetpea~Meg~Leslie~franci~Diva~Lisa welcome,I hope you enjoy us here!!:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Wendy

DivaLaRed
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Wendy :hug:

I am sitting here at my desk like I do everyday and feeling bad about it because I think I should be up and doing something! I just had about 10 peanuts and I am starting on my first 24oz. of water for the day (although I am getting a late start on that). For breakfast this morning I had a whole wheat tortilla wrap filled with egg, bacon, pepperoni and cheese. I also stopped at Starbucks and got a tall breve pumpkin spice latte with no foam and no whipped cream and 2 splenda packets. The I got to work and saw on starbucks.com that I should have gotten it made with nonfat milk instead of breve (which means half and half I think), so that sux. :mad: Oh well, I can try to balance out the rest of my day instead.

I just love this carrot guy. :carrot: LOL

hellokittyfan
01-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I'm just trying to eat healthy, not drink sodas, drink plenty of water and exercise. I've done it many times before with success, now I just need to learn how to lose weight and actually keep it off (now that's the real challenge!!).

I try to work out every day. So far this week, I've worked out 2 days. I'm going to go for a long walk tonight for my exercise.

Lisa :carrot: (I love the carrot guy too!!)

Elanajel
01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I saw someone's nice invitation (at the Buddy forum) to check out this group, so here I am. I generally post daily because I really value the support and encouragement here. I lost a decent amount thru WW, kept it off long enough to get to Lifetime, have maintained for 14 months, but....8 unfortunate pounds have crept back on and I'm not happy. Working on more exercise, and I've cut out eating nuts.

Does anyone use the WW Core Plan? I am planning to try that next week and see if it helps.

BTW, I am a 40 y.o. mom of 2 kids (13 and 8), a middle school teacher and an avid reader (mysteries, cookbooks and fun fiction).

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi!! We do have a couple girls on this thread that do WW,couldn't tell you if it's the core plan or not,does sound familiar though.
Diane~ isn't that what you are doing?? How about you Jaz??
I personally am just watching the intake and starting with some mild aerobics after a wicked virus that left me weak and dizzy.
Herea the deal, lot's of water, fruit and veggies to fill you up! The rest is just really for taste!!:D lol!!
I wonder whare the other girls went......
Hey Diane,Jaz, Tessa...where are you???

P.S.~ I envy all of you that can still go for walks,up here in Winnipeg, Canada theres to much snow!! Not really that much,but I do have a little one that I would have to tow around with me and I would get pretty tired of carrying him around!
Catch ya's later!

sweet_pea
01-11-2006, 06:45 PM
hello everyone!
wow this thread has really taken off.

i promised some background on myself but then got distracted by food (that happens a lot LOL)

I am 39 and live in New Zealand with my gorgeous pets. Like crystal I have depression and anxiety so avoiding stress is important to me too.

I also need to lose weight because I am prediabetic. I have been on a plateau since April 05 and need to kickstart things. I find it hard as the depression and anxiety are big triggers for emotional eating. I need to keep my head balanced and feeling ok to make things work for me. Also getting a good night's sleep which is a challenge for me! I have a lot of insomnia

I have been trying to eat in moderation but sugar is such a big trigger for me I may have to exclude it but as I live for sugar that is huge. I also need to avoid bingeing

I go walking with my dogs but I know I need to do more exercise. I am looking at doing 2 short walks each day to up my exercise

sweet_pea
01-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks again for the welcome Wendy

My goal weight is 72kg which is still overweight for my height BUT I have realised with my depression and other issues, and in particular lack of sleep leading to fatigue that 72kg is a weight at which I can be healthy without having to obsess over food and exercise.

Besides which the last picture I saw of Kirstey Alley she weighed 72kg and looked great. altho i am thinking that she probably had on body shaping underwear to make her look slim and a flattering angle to the pictures etc etc. But honestly my original goal of 65kg just seemed so far out of reach and the more I thought about it, I realised it was nearly 10 yrs since I weighed that and it's probably not sustainable for me while I am on meds. They affect my hormones which in turn affects my weight.

LeslieFM
01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Hope everyone had a good day...I am so tired...I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I also woke up 2 hours earlier sweating profusely. I don't sweat very often ha ha, so I am wondering what the signs of pre-menopause are????? So I only got 4 hours or so of sleep last night.

Any other teachers here? I find it to be very stressful but very rewarding.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

DivaLaRed
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I am excited to let you all know that thanks to your energy and support, I felt very motivated and actually went and bought an 8 pound "medicine" ball and one of those body balls or whatever they are called. I wanted something other than my elliptical machine so that I could also work on my abs and my arms too. I am getting ready to put my little posters that came with them up in the corner of my dining room as we speak!! (OK, maybe after I finish my lean meat and cheese wrap :p )

Woo Hoo! Go Carrot-Guy! LOL :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

jazy
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
WOW, I didn't post for one day and look what happens!! HI everyone I am very excited to meet you all!!

To those who don't already know- My name is jazmine and have thankfully been on this thread for 2-3 weeks.I first got on this thread just to see if I liked it, and ended up loving it.WEndy,diane andtess ore so nice , smart and have alot of different experiences with weihgt loss that is very usefull and important!! Well, I an a full -time student and recently started working @ a hospital in my hometown in the ER!!

I recently joined Weight watchers and love it.I lost 4.6 lbs in my first week and am only excited to start the next week.I am doing flex!! Does anyone else do WW besides diane and I?

OH I like the carrot guy too :carrot: !!!!LOL!!!

_ I plan to lose about 50lbs by , june 24 in time for a concert

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar055/slider-scale/lb/220.4/150/215.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

_my mini goal is to lose 20lbs by valentines day,Basically to break 200lbs!! yeah!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-cheer/lb/20/0/15/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

sweet_pea
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
nice to see everyone here. i am just floating around today reading a book and waiting for some visitors. my diet is only going so-so today. i bought some tomatoes for a salad while i was out but ended up having a date scone instead

tonight i need to get some decent sleep. i had broken sleep last night and woke up washed out

no i don't go to WW but i saw that they are changing their approach so might think about it. first i will keep working by myself and see how i go

jazy i love your name. my puppy is also called jasmine/jazz (diffferent spelling) and she's adorable.

have fun everyone

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Hi All !!!!! How's trix??? I feel great! I had beef stroganoff for dinner and managed to go with only 1 helping!! lol!:D That was hard for me since I LOVE pasta!!! But I did it!!! WHOO HOO!! Can't wait till tomorrow to get on the exercise bike! It's been awhile! And of course the aerobic tapes!! I wonder....does anyone still do "Sweating to the oldies"??? My mom has these tapes somewhere in her house and I think I am going to go over and find them!!! It will be such a nice change from the 3 tapes I do on a regular basis!
Well, hope Tessa and Diane show their pretty ...writing?? I miss them! And they usually post at least twice a day!! Where are you guys??? Do not make me go looking for you....lol Are you girls being bad???Hey,lay off those doughnuts ladies!! lol:D
Till later!

andreaphilip3
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
whoa baby! lol

hi ladies!
wendy im here i was at drs appts all day......major anxiety.....that reminds me....someone mentioned anxiety disorders. i have one if anyone ever wants to chat. on meds but they dont do much. someone on here already had an anxiety disorder but wont say who in case she doesnt want anyone to know:)

im so beat. didntget to eat very much today. im on ww core also:)

hi jaz!!!! wtg on your loss thats awesome! are ya comin tomm?

sweet_pea
01-12-2006, 12:08 AM
andrea i would love to chat. i have an anxiety disorder and will send you a PM

wendy - well done on having only 1 helping. i went for my walk with the dogs and left my money behind so i wouldn't be tempted to buy chocolate or wine. off now to have dinner will be back later :o

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 01:34 AM
:D Well ladies,it's 12:30 am here and I think it is time for bed,before I sneek into the kitchen for a midnight snack!! ;) Have a great sleep and have a great dinner sweet pea!! Again,I am so happy that we have all our new friends! This has renewed my motivation!
Sorry you had a rough day Diane,tomorrow will be better!
Cheers!:cool:

megsa
01-12-2006, 02:04 AM
WOW!! Such a welcome!

Let me tell you a bit more about myself : I'm 33 (bugger that crawled up on me!) and sadly still live at home! Will be moving at the end of the month though. I work for consulting engineers as a draughtsman/secretary/reception (the last only until the end of the month luckily) and have been here for nearly a year now. I'm on WW bog standard points version and have turned over a new forest this year. I have a food, exercise and weight diary going and am exercising about 6 times a week at the mo. I've almost managed to shed the xmas weight and we will then hope to lose some more!

I'll try to keep this up, but sometimes can be a bit slack when nothing seems to be happening.

Meg

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Andrea and Sweetpea, I am with you on the anxiety issue. I would like to chat with you guys whenever one of us needs to, if that's ok.

Hope everyone is having a good morning....:)

girlieyorkie
01-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone,
Here I am responding to the invitation in the "buddy forum".
I hope it won't be so difficult to get to know everybody who is involved in this thread ~ since it seems that it have been on for a while.
I'll have to do a lot of reading.......

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi ladies,

Wow, when I checked this morning there were tons of emails to read through!!! I hope all are doing well.

I did good today - brought carrots with celery and yogurt with pineapple chunks for my snacks today. ;) Now if only I can stay away from everything else!

I've done WW in the past with success and am a lifetime member. I was thinking of joining again. I really need to kickstart my weight loss.

I've already started keeping a food/exercise journal, so that will serve as incentive for me NOT to eat all day long!!

I'm going to my spinning class today for my lunchhour. Wish me luck!!

Talk to you all later. Take care.

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
mornin ladies!:)
hope everyone is well. im better than yest. so far....
welcome girlie!

thanks for the support wendy!(((( )))

hi jaz!:)

diva and sweatpea: id love to chat with you guys! what do you think about a separate thread for that in this forum? maybe then more ppl will want tyo participate.... hope today is an anxiety free day for you guys!:)

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 11:22 AM
That sounds like a plan, Andrea. Today is definitely NOT an anxiety free day for me, so I could use some venting......and it's not even my TOM!!! :o

colaz
01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Whoohoooo! Look at all the perrrty people!

Welcome!!!! This is truly a great place with wonderful people!

Leslie, I am a teacher in training here! I have a year left of school (one more semester of classes and another semester of Student-Teaching). I'm going into elementary education special education. So far the schooling part seems stressful to me...I'm looking forward to the stressful part of teaching...I hope! LOL...I hope you had a better night's sleep than lastnight!

Diva, so how is your elipitcal machine working so far? Wish I had one of those in here. I've been going to the local YMCA which is nice, but I hate leaving my room especially when the weather is crappy! HOw did your day go yesterday and how is today going so far? I'm the one that Diane says also has an anxiety disorder. It kind of comes and goes, and I can go for days with nothing and then a big one hits me. Thta has been what has kept me away for the last couple of days.

Jaz, so almost 5 pounds down so far??? WHOOHOO! I know it has sounded like you have been doing great, but those are wonderful results! Keep it up! Hope today goes well too!

Sweet, I'm sorry you had a hard time sleeping a few nights ago too. I have trouble with that too. I hope lastnight went better! You said your diet only went so-so yesterday? What you wrote sounded good to me! :) Also, Diane was saying before about someone has an anxiety disorder and it's me! Sucks doesn't it? I started having back attacks about four years ago, and each year it just seems to get worse. Grrr! That has actually been keeping me away for hte last couple of days. Bad one, but now I'm good.

Wendy ya caught me! I'll put down the donut! grrr...lol. I used to work out to Taebo using the only fast three C.Ds I had...lol not even kidding. Yup, used to play Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, and Aqua. It's been awhile sense that ,but I need to work out to something fast. Oldies would be fun though!

Diane, hang in there today k? You've had the anxiety already, or you just know you will? Hang in there hon! Also DIane, you should eat!

Girlie, welcome then! LOL, you don't have to read up through all of the past threads unless you want to! If you have any questions from anyone...just ask!

Lisa, so you are the famous Lisa I keep hearing about? How are you doing? Good luck on starting excercise! Check in with us so we can keep you accountable! LOL. Great idea bout keeping a weightloss journal!

So, I think our invitation worked! WHOOHOOO! Welcome again everyone! Let me also introduce myself. I'm 22 and from Iowa. I am currently a Senior in College in a small college in Iowa, and I'm majoring in Elementary Education, Special Education. There seems to be quite a few in here with anxiety disorders...and I believe it was me that Diane was talking about before! Yup, that is defintly another barrior to weight loss, so this will be a great support area for us!

Speaking of which...the reason I have been away for the last couple of days is I had a bad attack a few nights ago and finally woke up this morning feeling better. I find that they go away quicker if I isolate myself sometimes. Well, I am not on WW like it seems everyone else is...lol. I do Slimfast mostly. Not so loyal lately, but will start again. For excercise I go to the local YMCA gym. Right now I'm about 155 lbs, and I want to take off another 20 and see where I'm at. Years ago I was at 220 lbs when I started Slimfast, so it works for me!

Ok, I'm going to give typeing a rest for now and see if anyone has said anything sense I started typeing!

colaz
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Diane, that is a great idea! I would have no problem if people vented in here too! :)

Diva, vent in here too! Hang in there! That stupid thing can really knock a person down

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome colaz! I don't know that I'm famous, maybe infamous though. LOL!

I'm heading to spinning shortly to work my butt off. I still keep going and my butt is there, so maybe this time I'll have some luck. LOL!

I'm fighting some serious hunger pangs right now. I don't want to eat before I workout. I'll eat lunch when I get back.

Seems like we have a lively bunch. Very cool! I love to check in to see how everyone is doing with their diets and working out. It's so helpful to have so much support and this is a tough journey.

Anyone see Biggest Loser last night?? I was amazed at how much weight the couples lost in just 2 weeks (seems a bit unhealthy to me, though!).

Talk at ya later!

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I don't mind if anyone vents in here or not either.

Whatever helps you make it through. I'm here to listen. :hug:

Lisa

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
lol Tessa on your 5000 word essay!!!:D I am happy that you feel better! I really worry about you girls sometimes.
Diane how u doin' today,are you a bit better?I hope so hun.
Well to day I had a cereal bar and a yogert for breakfast! Lunch will be a wrap and I haven't decided on dinner yet!
Should I exercise today???I have so much to do!!!I think I can fit it in to my scheduale sometime between 3&3:30! lol!!
Well off to start my day!
W.

colaz
01-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Lisa, lol. I think I have you confused with someone in here that comes sometimes (a few months ago that I heard about). LOL, but yup you are still famous! lol I have watched a few epiosides of the biggest loser, but not lastnights. I remember thinking before though that it seemed almost unrealistic that they were loosing THAT much weight. good show though!

Well, I'm still feeling pretty good. I've just decided to go work out this afternoon. I don't have class until 3:00, so I should have plenty of time. I'll be back after!

colaz
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
LOL...Wendy I tend to type a lot when I get going. You probably noticed that before. Like how I write in paragraphs...lol Sounds like you are eating very well! Sounds like you are pretty busy, but hope you get a chance to excercise.

Ok...here I go!

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Diva, so how is your elipitcal machine working so far? Wish I had one of those in here.

I like the ease of my elliptical machine - it's so easy for me to catch up on my Tivo recordings while I am doing it! Some days I feel like I am getting off easy just by doing that for 30 minutes or so, so that is part of the reason why I made the purchases I did yesterday (posted earlier). Plus, I was a runner in high school and I think my legs will get too used to the elliptical too quickly.

HOw did your day go yesterday and how is today going so far? I'm the one that Diane says also has an anxiety disorder. It kind of comes and goes, and I can go for days with nothing and then a big one hits me. Thta has been what has kept me away for the last couple of days.

Well yesterday was good for me, but today is like the complete opposite.
I got on the scale (BIG mistake) which made me start going back to that feeling of "WTF am I doing this for if I can't see ANY results?!?!" :mad: But I got out some whining earlier with a thread I submitted and I am feeling a little better. Plus the girls mentioned I might not be eating enough, so I am going to try to do better there.

I purchased laminate wood flooring from Lowe's back in October and thought "well, I'll just get my Dad or somebody to put it in for me, so I don't need to buy the installation services too." WRONG. The flooring is still sitting in a corner of my living room, so I got an estimate today for what it would cost to put in.....how's $1800 sound? I only paid $700 for the flooring itself!!!! Does that sound right to anyone? I'll admit, I have no idea if I am being taken for a ride or not. But it's not helping me feel any less stressed!!!! BYE-BYE TAX REFUND! :kickcan:

Speaking of money, I have been hunting for a better paying, more rewarding job and I have gotten no responses at all. I am just really burnt out with where I am right now here at work and it is TOUGH. My mom always says to me that you have a job and you need to just be happy about that and keep doing your best - all of which I already know. But I also can't fault myself for wanting something BETTER. I know some of you can probabaly relate. (I hope! :?: )

OK, Good Lord, I have to stop my pity party now. Colaz, what has been holding you down the last few days? Thanks for letting me vent about all of that above - YOUR TURN! :^:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Diva! Get a few more quotes on that flooring!! That is way to much! I have put in flooring professionally in the past and it should be around 34-50 cents a square foot.Usually the labor costs about $100-200 more than the product.Then again I do live in Canada so it might be different from there.
Wendy
P.s. did you like my plug on the other thread??Thanks !!!!!

franci
01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi ! My hubby is home today and on my nerves. "Why are you always on that computer" he says. Anyways the boys had 1/2 day of school so hubby says " it's 50 outside you walk to school and walk back with them" Its about 1/2 mile to the school and my legs were burning by the time I got there. Luckily a mom from our street was there in her SUV so we rode home with her. I made the boys a chicken nacho for lunch and I had a salad with some chiken cut up on it. I guess I got my exercise for the day!

colaz
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Fraci, that is the nice thing about being completely alone in the dorm. No one to make me feel bad about being on the computer all of the time lol. The walk sounds like wonderful excercise, and your lunch was great too! Keep it up! Don't like your dh get you down! :)

Diva, don't get too down about your weight! How much are you eating? I could probably look it up, but if you excercise on the elipitcal for a half an hour and you do a workout tape (right? That was you talking about buying workout tapes yesterday), you should be eating at least 1600 to 1700 calories or more. So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight. So, is your elipitcal like a glider? The thing that follows your legs? I used one of those for about a half an hour at the Y (I did today!). They are so easy, but you know what they burn the most calories! Just a half hour today going about 180 I burned about 390 calories! Is that how your elipitcal is?

Hmmm what has been holding me back these last couple of days? I hate it, but I'm not even sure. Nothing new has happened, but a lot of old stuff has been poping up in my head and in my dreams. Doesn't help that I'm not sleeping very well again. Grrr! My childhood was kind of rough. Not as rough as others but more difficult than some. This is mostly because of learning disabilities that have and they kind of spiral into other problems (social and confidence issues). Also, I've had some scary experiences with 'the men' in the past, and I've got some trust issues. Who doesn't though :) lol .

Well, I just got back from working out! First time in about a month, and it didn't go too bad! For those that don't know, I just got back from FL (during Christmas break) about 4 days ago. So, I've been kind of lazy. I did about 1/2 hour on the weight machiens. I cut back 5 pounds and did only 2 sets on most of the machines (I normally do 3 sets). They weren't too bad. Then I did the glider eliptical thing, which was hard, but I feel great now! I sweated like a pig. WHOOHOO! gotta love it!

So far today I've only had two big bowls of ceriel...eh I know that isn't very good. It was wheate with splenda, but I know I need a bit more variety. I am planning on having some V8 juice, and have plenty of protein tonight. I've got to watch that from now on though.

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi guys,

Colaz - Yep, it wasn't me. I just joined last month. But I'm still famous!! LOL!

Diva - I understand about the whole scale thing. I had the same issue on Monday, I actually gained some weight after being home sick for 2 weeks (I guess I thought I would lose some!). Don't let it get to you. Just keep doing what you're doing and hang in there! I feel the same way you do, believe me.

I hope everyone else is well. I'm anxiously awaiting the 3 day weekend. I want to be at home and not working. LOL!

Take care.

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 01:56 PM
diva im soooo sorry your day is like that! im havin a bit today myself.... hope it gets better for ya!
hi tess!!!! glad youre feelin better today i had most of my anx the last few days im just tired today but a little anx((((( ))))) oh and yea i did eat and its time to eat again soon so dont worry:)

hi wendy!!!!! sup? hi to everyone else too.

Sue67
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi girls - I'm new to this site this week. I love it, I am looking for the right spot to fit in. I need encouragement on a regular basis. I would like to join your thread and post often.

My story - I'm 38 years old, been overweight most of my life. I have two wonderful sons, ages 11 and 8. My DH is the kind of guy who can eat anything and remain thin. Thank God my sons appear to be that way too. Both boys are very active in baseball and I love that. I have started and stopped dieting hundreds of times always with the thought that "This time I'm gonna do it." - then I quit. So I'm looking for support and help in my quest this time.

My numbers are this - I'm 5' 10", current weight 196.5, goal weight 161, that's what the internet sites say I should loose to be in the "normal" range.

I'd like friends to reply often and keep me focused. Yesterday I ate right and walked a mile. Today I'm doing good, and plan to walk a mile this afternoon with a coworker.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sue:carrot:

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
welcome sue!:)

diva and sweetpea and tess:i started a support thread for anx calles amazingly anxious annie's

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I could probably look it up, but if you excercise on the elipitcal for a half an hour and you do a workout tape (right? That was you talking about buying workout tapes yesterday), you should be eating at least 1600 to 1700 calories or more. So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight. So, is your elipitcal like a glider? The thing that follows your legs? I used one of those for about a half an hour at the Y (I did today!). They are so easy, but you know what they burn the most calories! Just a half hour today going about 180 I burned about 390 calories! Is that how your elipitcal is?.

No, I don't have the workout tapes, so up until now it's just been the 30 mins a night on the elliptical. I did talk last night about how I went and bought a medicine ball and a body ball, so that may have been what you saw. THAT should do wonders for my stomach (eventually :rolleyes: ) I think I am probably not eating enough calories, because just like you said -- So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight. And that has been me the last week. I think the most I tended to eat in one sitting this week was a pita half with a can of tuna mixed with light mayo stuffed into it. That was pretty filling.

colaz
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Ah Diva that is not good. That is good that you are aware of it now (not eating enough). I got myself into a lot of trouble the last month or so before break. I was excercising like crazy (up to 3 hours at the gym) and only eating about 900 calories. not good...I got so sick. Ok...so now I remember you talking abut that in another thread! Tell us how it works! Sounds like you are doing great!

Diane, I'll go check it out! Is in in these threads? I was looking for one earlier.

Sue, welcome! Ug...don't you just hate people like that (eat and eat and not gain an oz)..lol jk. Sounds like you are doing very well. WTG yesterday! How are you doing so far today? We'll keep you focuses...mwhahahah lol jk

Yup, still havn't taken a shower yet...lol

colaz
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Ah Diva that is not good. That is good that you are aware of it now (not eating enough). I got myself into a lot of trouble the last month or so before break. I was excercising like crazy (up to 3 hours at the gym) and only eating about 900 calories. not good...I got so sick. Ok...so now I remember you talking abut that in another thread! Tell us how it works! Sounds like you are doing great!

Diane, I'll go check it out! Is in in these threads? I was looking for one earlier.

Sue, welcome! Ug...don't you just hate people like that (eat and eat and not gain an oz)..lol jk. Sounds like you are doing very well. WTG yesterday! How are you doing so far today? We'll keep you focuses...mwhahahah lol jk

Yup, still havn't taken a shower yet...lol

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 02:34 PM
:p Hi!

colaz
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi!

I'm good smelling now! lol

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
sorry was gone so long - chatting with the boss for a bit :twirly:

colaz
01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Ug how could you! Boss smoss! LOL...where do you work?

I have about 1/2 hour before class. Just cleaning up a bit in the dorm.

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I work for a company in Newport News VA, in their IT Department. I am a bit of a geek, so.......but we were discussing a couple of potential opportunites for me, but I am somewhat torn between them, so now I have to do some extra research to see what would be best for me.....

DivaLaRed
01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I am eating the SBD Sesame Chicken wraps lunch meal......these things are GOOD!

Suprgrl379
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm looking for some good friends, motivaters and listeners! :) I'm also one of these :D

My name is Brooke, I'm 26 and right now I'm the biggest I've ever been. I made the same resolution I make every year but until today I haven't really been paying much attention. Now I truly truly want to try and lose weight.

I'm living in a new city without any friends or family (other than my hubby). The closest friend or relative is over 4 hours away!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi!

sweet_pea
01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
hi everyone

too much to read right now and i have to jump in the shower before visitors come. just wanted to say colaz/diva definitely not safe to eat less than 1000 calories esp if you are exercising. plus the less you eat the more your body thinks it needs to store fat and so your metabolism slows and so does weight loss. it is better to eat about 1200 calories (maybe more depending on your weight and exercise)

i am definitely on for a separate anxiety thread or some other contact...;)

gma22
01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Thought I would be friendly and return the "visit" from Wendy to my thread! Hope you gals are all doing great!

Diva: I used to live in VA Beach, twice in fact, when dh was in the Navy many many eons ago. I love VA Beach, though it wasn't great to live there on a sailor's salary! :lol: I have two IT geeks in my family. My dd works for International Paper doing some kind of special projects and my sil (her hubby) is a US Postal Inspector with the IT division. He is a SUPER geek! :lol:

My son is a real estate agent and my dil is a pharmacist. Rounds out my kids then I have an adorable 5 1/2 year old grandson (avatar) who is the light of my life. My gorgeous wonderful husband and I have been married almost 33 1/2 years, he is a 20 year Navy veteran and works for the city of Memphis as an electrician/electronics tech. I am a stay at homer. Used to work as a legal clerk for a big firm in Indiana, but gave it all up when we moved down here 4 years ago.

DH and I are VEGAS addicts and we try to go once a year. This year we are going to Chicago instead to go to a Chicago Cubs game and shop etc and meet my son and dil and visit with them in Indiana. I will miss my sin city, but we are planning a huge vacation for next year so I look forward to being skinny for that.

I have a long long way to go with weight loss, but I take it all with a grain of salt and don't stress over it. A word from a semi-expert with regards to losing. Cutting calories drastically will not only make you sick, it will make you FAT! Your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism shuts down. You don't want that so find a site online to input your weight etc and find the right caloric amount for you and your body type to lose weight. Just do a google search. There are tons of them.

Anyway, enough blabbing on my part! Just wanted to peek in and say hi! You gals come on over to Time for Serious Fun and sit a spell when you can! :lol:

Faye :lol:

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi ladies,

Welcome to all of the new faces to our group. I just joined this week myself.

I'm sitting at work waiting to go home. I'm so hungry for dinner tonight! Sad, but true.

Faye - I'm a big fan of the gambling (not a good thing I know). I've been to Vegas once. Loved it! Won $250 when I put in a $20!! ;)

Welp I'm going to get going. Chat with you ladies later.

Lisa :)

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 04:58 PM
oh my goodness!!!
i saw a few more newbies so....welcome!!!

seems like we are all doing well w our routines today....yay!! i finally ate lunch today-ff chicken salad w celery and grapes. dinner im making is 1/2 c uncooked wheat pasta so i think bout 2 cups w ff mayo, 1 egg and 2 egg whites and a big salad.

tess i see younfound the thread:)

hiya wendy!! good luck trying to work out! wheres jaz? i still dont know if shes comin w me tonight.....

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
This is sooo cool!! I love having a busy thread!!! I'm from Canada and have still made it to Virginia Beach and Vegas!!! I have to admit that I found Virgina to be more interesting:D Although it was neat to see the hoover dam!!
Wendy

sweet_pea
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
i have posted this thread for any of the posters who have anxiety and would like to share their experiences

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1079215#post1079215

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
hi wendy!
hi sweetpea...thanks for posting that link...good idea;)

still no jaz?

colaz
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Diva, Sesome Chicken Wrap? Sounds good! Yummm! Is that what you did for lunch or going to do for supper? Hmmm So you are a geek? Me too! Aren't we all a bit though. You are too funny. So, you are thinking about another job, or where you will go within that company?

Sweet, I will check out your thread later too, but I think Diane (AP) has one also! The more the merrier though! :) lol Yeah, I know that was very bad from me and I learned my lesson. I wasn't doing it to loose weight though. I was just a bit compulsive :) Better now in that area though!

Faye! Hey! I might take you up on your offer and come join the fun later! Sounds fun! :) lol Thanks for the invitation! That is so great that you call your husband gorgious! That really says a lot! He sound amazing. I've never been to Vegas...someday hopefully!

Brooke! Welcome! How long have you lived in the city? Country girl here myself, except when I'm at school in the dorms. That would be so hard moving to a new place, but you DO HAVE FRIENDS...right here girl! :) I'm 22 years btw! :)

Lisa, what's for dinner tonight? Hope you made it! LoL

Diane, wtg on your eating today! Sounds like you did great...it made me hungrier though! lol Yup, I found the thread. Looks like I won't have a chance to post there before supper, but after again :)

Wendy, busier the better I say! I hope these ladies stick around!

Yup, there I go writing a novel again. Anyone want me to sign their copy? LOL ... so I found out today that a class that I supposedly have tonight (and I'm going to go check it out) isn't going to be registered this semester. They said it might look bad on transcripts (it is an Praxis--like a big test writing course). I've passed the Praxis already, but just wanted more help with my writing. So, now I have Thursdays and Fridays free! WHOOHOO! LOL.

I am going to go eat supper now at the cafeteria! Great day so far! I had my two bowls of cerial this morning/afternoon and a cup of applesauce. Workout went great! Ok...I better g o before my friends leave without me!

colaz
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, i did ... ok at supper. I had a sandwhich (turkey, tomatoes, and ranch), and this pasta with red sauce. I also had a few bites of fruit (it tasted funny)! I had a cup of milk additionally! :)

So, tonight we are probably going to Ringos, which is a dance club. It should be fun. I don't think I'll have more than two (none if I'm driveing), because I am finally feeling semi-back on track. So, that should be fun though

BrodeyAmos
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
:hug: :grouphug:remember me? i havent be:hug: :grouphug: en on this site since 11/22. isnt that pathetic? i missed everyone and all the encouragment. so heres the "skinny", i went on a 2 month eating frenzy. i couldnt seem to get back on track. i feel disgusted. all i do is eat and lay around. i was doing soooo good for the longest time. but i just dont know what happened. im on here today to regain my motivation and to touch base with my old friends. diane and wendy? i know youre there. i need help! im so glad you guys are still on here everyday doin so well. ive gained back some weight like 10 lbs. and feel like a tub-o-lard. lol

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

JEN :grouphug:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2006, 08:39 PM
[SIZE="4"]We missed you too,Jen!! Welcome back sweety!! Whoohoo! Jen's back!!:carrot: Happy days!!You'll be fine hun! Just stick to us!
Wendy

jas80
01-12-2006, 08:51 PM
hello everyone! i'm a married mother of 2 beautiful girls. before i got pregnant i was 135, got up to 260 by the time i had my first daughter, got pregnant again 2 months after she was born. my goal is to get back towards my pre-pregnancy weight. i struggle with self-esteem (always have) and thought i was "fat" at 135, even when my step mother told me i was too skinny.

i've been eating healthier and exercising. usually about an hour a day, with last saturday and today being my only days off so far. it feels weird now though, so i may just sneak in a work out tonight when the girls go to bed ;)

anywho, just thought i'd say hi to everyone!

colaz
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Jen! Hi! You I have not meet, but I've been posting here for maybe a month now. I introduced myself above to a few others, so you can read up to find about me (unless you would like me to post it again).

It is so easy to go off, and when you are off it is even easier to go BAD! I see you are going for a size 6?!?! LOL...I will never be at a size 6. I'm right now about size 14. 155 lbs and about 5'6. I might be able to get down that much, but I'm not sure. It is great that you got back here! Hope you can stay on track now! We will keep you in line! :)

Hey jas! (oh oh, now a jaz and a jas lol). Are those your children in the pic? They are beautiful! I hope you get a chance to workout tonight. What do you do? Welcome!

So, I just got back from a meeting. We are going on a Mission Trip to Mississippi to help wit hthe Hurricane relief effort during Spring Break. This sounds like a challengeing but great trip!

So, in a few hours i'm going to head out to the club! My goal is not to have more than two Miller Lites! I don't like the way I get when I'm on my meds. I've found I can have a few, because I'm on a pretty low anxiety med dose, but I get tipsy really quickly.

jas80
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
yes, colaz, that's my "terror team". they've started "assisting" each other when they're getting into stuff. at least they know the meaning of teamwork at an early age, i guess :D

i'm a sahm. and that's why the snacking thing is such a huge dillemma for me. i certainly don't remember eating so much when i worked. but, thankfully, i've cut snacking hugely, and it's helped a whole lot!

the mission trip sounds like it would be a blast! it's so great that there's people willing to help out others they've never met before.

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
sooooo many posts!

hi guys!
jeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))) wb girl we missed you!!!!!! you knoww we are gonna help ya and you can always email me too!

welcome jas!

hi tess!!!!! good job today! sounds like a busy day though..... have fun tonight! yes i did start an anx thread.... did someonne else cuz i did it right after i posted earlir today......

jasmine where are ya??? im beat so im off 2 bed. nite all!

andreaphilip3
01-12-2006, 11:29 PM
anxiety thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72652

jazy
01-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey all,
Sorry diane I havent been on 4 a while.Between reading and living a life I havent ha dtime to even type!!LOL!!!! I had to go to my best freinds suprise b0day party today!! OH, I was the one who was suprised becaus eI had no clue she was having one!!! apparently our freinds planned one without telling me!! Man I really wanted to see lyn and you!!! Every time I make plans the have to be butchered!! sorry!! Anywayz I did well. we went to fridys and I orderes a cobb salad.WOW, it was great and I didnt eat it all.But, I did have a piece of cake.But it was small.OH, the salad had no dressing!! that was my dinner!! How about you!!

I saw the biggest loser and agree that they lose weight way to fast!!
one lost over 30 lbs in 2 week .Is that even posible.OMG!!

Welcome back jen!! I know I really don't know you but am glad to see that you can back (even if it is becaus eyou gained a couple)!!! they willl come off

Hey wendy!! How is ryan!!! Hope good and hope youa re great!!

Tess- what is with the novels!!! LOL!!! I sorry to have read that you were sick!! Hope you are feeling alot better, I had no clue you were in college!!I am too!! God it is soo hard but , I manage!! Maybe we can talk about physics one day!! Yeah right!!!lOL

Welcome to all new bies!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Good night ladies and sweet dreams!

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 03:46 AM
GOODNIGHT EVERYONE

sorry i haven't been around today.i've been a bit out of sorts so i have been laying low

catch you all tmrw! :D

megsa
01-13-2006, 04:03 AM
I see that quite a few of you battle to sleep. When I was in the UK if found a vitamin/supplement called 5HTP. It worked wonders for me when I was battling to sleep. It is not a drug but the pre-cursor to serotonin and I found it worked wonders when taken with a multi-vit as well. You don't wake up in the morning feeling like you've been drugged and doesn't interfere with any meds that you're taking.

I don't have much experience with anx, but have any of you tried Bach's Rescue Remedy? Helps for those days when you fell bad, but can't pinpoint why.

Meg

colaz
01-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Jaz you are in college? I should have figured that. How old are you again? What is your major? I think I put mine on here already, elementary education/special education. I'm a senior (gulp!). Yup, college doesn't help with teh weight loss process either lol. Sounds like you have been busy. I love writing novels! tehehe

Good night Diane and Sweet! Sleep tight! I hope everyone slept tight!

Well, I just got back. A night out really was exactly what I needed! It is a bit after 3 right now, and yup I'm kind of tired, but still winding down. So...umm I did someting kind of stupid tonight. I didn't think about this until I started getting real bad, but I'm on anxiety meds that I basically started over (after about a week of being off). I was told when I started them to have no alchol for two weeks. I can see why now. I only had three beers. I felt kind of funny after two, but three just sounded like a great idea. I was pretty loopy! We stopped for breakfast and I had some panacakes, so I'm better now. Actually, pretty good. Good night though! Lots of fun, and the club wasn't too crowded!

Ok...I still need to wash my face and then I'll climb into bed! Nite all or...actually morning!

colaz
01-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Hey Meg! Wow...you are up late...or maybe it isn't that late where you are at. Thanks...I will check out the vitamin. I am going for for counseling on Tuesday, so my sleeping habbits...or lack of...is going to be someting we'll discuss. I'm not sure if I want to move to a sleeping med, but maybe i'd feel better with a vitamin.

gma22
01-13-2006, 04:42 AM
We are having a horrific thunderstorm here so I brought the animals downstairs so dh could sleep a couple more hours (he has to get up at 5 AM for work but he does get off at 3 so everything works out in the end!) We have a Yorkie and a big fat tabby cat and they both sleep with us and the weather was making them ansty. I think they may have snuck back upstairs now that it has calmed down though!

Anyway, just a tip about sleep meds. I had a dr years ago tell me that Benadryl taken at bedtime is a great sleep aid, has no side effects nor buildup in the body. It can be taken by anyone and everyday if needed. It is an antihistamine, but does no harm to the body at all. I always keep a bottle on hand on those menopause nights where I have insomnia....(something for all you young women to look forward to I might add! :lol: ) I reccommend it highly as I have taken it for years.

I am so glad your thread is nice and full again! You gals have a wonderful day!

Faye

megsa
01-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Colaz - I think that I sent that just after I got to work - we must be about 12 hours ahead of the states. I thing the East Coast starts waking up when we're on our way home from work!! Another dull day here with no work, although it will prob all change next week - my pet engineer gets back to work and I'm sure he'll have stuff for me to do!! Yay!!

Maybe also try to get hold of a book by Patrick Holford called the Optimal Nutrition Bible. It is an enlitening read and his stuff is VERY well researched. I've also been back on Co-enzyme Q10 and think that it has helped my motivation for diet and exercise.

Must go, lunch is calling - rice, stir fried chicken and veg and sauce. Will be back next week.

Mwah

LeslieFM
01-13-2006, 06:31 AM
TGIF!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well today, I am excited it is Friday. Colaz, good luck on your teacher training. I have some advice for you, before you start teaching, read the book "Assertive Discipline" By Lee Canter and anything else by him you can find. Most new teachers find that their biggest source of stress and frustration is classroom discipline.

Yesterday my pants were really loose whoo hoo. Tried to get in the size 10's but they still don't fit in the waist.

See everyone soon.

hellokittyfan
01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi guys,

Yes, thankfully I made it to dinner. We had spaghetti with homemade meatballs. Yummy!

Doing pretty good this morning, other than a fight I got into with my boyfriend. It wasn't pretty at all. I'm not feeling too good about that this morning, we have alot of issues and it's frustrating sometimes. I wish relationships were easier.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm going to do the gym today. Going to try for the treadmill and exercise bike. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I won't be back online until Tuesday.

Take care.

Lisa ;)

DivaLaRed
01-13-2006, 10:14 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!!!!!!!

I am doing much better today. It's going to be 72 degrees here in my part of VA and on such a lovely day, it's hard to be down - so I won't be! LOL I am also sitting here in my jeans at work (God bless casual Fridays!!!!!) and eating my packet of oatmeal, getting ready to have the last of my egg/meat/cheese wraps. I also brought an apple with me to work and will be eating that with some RF peanut butter as a snack. YUM! :eating2:

My BF Mike comes home today! He works for the same company as me but in a different department and he travels alot - but for this trip, he is able to come home on weekends - YAY!!!!

I am hoping the bossman lets me out early so that I can get some walking in this afternoon - but the BF and me are going walking tomorrow morning anyway.

I need to read some of the latest posts so I can put in my $.02 ;) but for now, I need to do some work! I'll be in and out of here, so I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!

:cb: LOL

franci
01-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Happy TGIF ! Hubby and my 7yo son left for weekend to close up his parents cabin for the winter. So me and the 10 yo are left to keep the home fires burning. Ah can spend as much time on computer as I want and no interference. Hey just got the go head to book a weeks trip for easter. We are heading to sunny Curacao with my parents and brother and wife. Yipee! Salads and soup don't sound too bad now that I have something to liik foreward to.

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 11:28 AM
good morning and tgif ladies!
whats up guys?

hey wendy, jaz, tess, and jenn! whats up w my girls? happy bday jasmine!!! thats so great youre friends threw ya a party! dont feel bad bout the food its your bday youre allowed to enjoy! yea i missed you last night, but dont worry theres kinda still a ww lul things wont get good til next week so maybe we can start then? i really want you to come, shes so awesome and the bonus is you can attend and get the extra support for free. did you fill out that questionaire thing? i keep forgettin' but wiull do it tomm. the prize is a 5k shopping spree! did you see what i post on the ww gen board? its amazing, i still cant believe it! ive had such a crappy week. worked really hard bc i wanted my star tomm but it aint happenin' cuz im up 3/4. i guess skipping a few lunches didnt help either but i was at the dang drs offices and had no choice. oh well.

(((((( ))))))

Sue67
01-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Well it's Friday, the 13th and cold and windy outside. But I"m trying to stay positive. Yesterday I did pretty good, I walked my mile and ate very little, due to very busy day - if only every day could be that busy I wouldn't have time to eat! However I'm feeling fat today. How is that possible? Probably because I'm PMSing. That is the worst time of the month. You feel fat and bloated no matter what you do. Any tips? I'm drinking water water water. Just looking at that little carrott makes me feel better. I need to get that on my desktop!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 11:55 AM
hi sue!

im so sorry you feel gross. im not feeling so great today either. hang in there!!:)

posting this for my girl jasmine:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72708

oops btw guys....i was sayin hello to everyone, but theres too many of here now indiv addy everyone and im just used to havin those four so please dont be offended:)

jas80
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
my turbo jam shipment is being delivered today. i'm so excited i might just work out until i fall over! well, maybe not, but pretty close!!

i joined weight watchers online last night. we'll see if it helps out at all. i didn't want to do the meetings version because with hubby overseas, it's too hard for me to get away from the girls. i get one break a week. usually saturday's i send them to the sitters for the night. besides, i have this place if i need the support :)

have a good day everyone!!

DivaLaRed
01-13-2006, 12:26 PM
SUE67 - a heating pad, Pamprin/Midol, and plenty of water get me by during my TOM....:^:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Good Morning all! Just on our way out the door! Diane remember what I said last week about getting down to 138-139????Well,I'm at 139!! Whoohoo:carrot: I'm gonna catch up there girlie!!:D So I think I am last to post AGAIN.It's so hard to post earlier because of Ryan getting breakfast and wanting to play with mommy first thing in the morning and then there's the dogs needs,sometimes I'm already up for about 3-4 hours before I can have my morning pee!!!!:D Good thing I have bladder control!! lol Well gotta run,catch ya all later!
W.

colaz
01-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I didn't wake up too long ago (around 11:30). Nothing to do today except I have my independent study with a professor (she is working with me on my spelling and grammar), and at 4:00 my friends and I are doing our every Friday thing. We go to the YMCA at 4:00 and work out until like 5:00, then at 5:00 we go to the pool/hottub/Steam room. Great time! :)

Meg, where are you from again? LOL, and I hoped you were another night owl. Dang...lol jk. That books sounds interesting. What's in it exactly? Just researched facts regarding nutrition or God? Need to check it out either way I think.

Leslie, I will write down the name on that book. We actually just watched a 'first day of class' video in a class last semester. He is amazing! I think I am thinking of the same guy...maybe not. Really funny, and I think he is Asian (I'm not sure if I am spelling that right)? WHOHOO! Congrats on the loose pants! I bet that is a great feeling!

Lisa, sorry that you had a fight with your bf! :( How long have you two been together? I would say gl at the gym, but I feel like saying Kick Butt at the gym today! :) lol

Diva, you sound so happy about bf coming home! Awww! That is nice that you get to see him at least during the weekends. How long have you two been together? Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned.

Fran, I bet you are loving having the house just for you and your daughter/son (sorry not such which). Have a wonderful weekend!

Diane, ug...shouldn't be skipping meals! lol...I know you didn't mean to. So, how did the doctors go? Sounds like you made it through!

Sue, when I'm feeling especially crappy during AF I love getting a good book and taking a long hot bath! Just make sure to drink plenty of water...that seems to help me! I understand what you mean by days you just feel fat! You'll get through this! :)

Jas, you are so right that you have this place for support! CONGRATS on joining WW though! Did you plan on doing this, or did it just happen? So, you are doing this all online??? Cool!

Ok...while I'm thinking of it (and I'm going to Diane's thread too) but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ! WHOHOOO! WHERE IS THE CAKE? LOL...just like Diane, eat all you want on your b-day! One of the great things in life! lol

colaz
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Wendy, you weren't last to post! HA ha! lol. I was up late lastnight :) WTG on 139! I'm only still dreaming of the 140s, and the 130s seems out of the picture for me...for now! Congrats! You deserve it!

colaz
01-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok, Diane so I thought that you made a b-day thread lol. If we were going to do that where should we? Maybe on here is good enough too

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
heres the thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1080549#post1080549

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
hi wendy!!
good job!!!

hey tess!! sup girlie? im not havin a good day:(

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
hey guys im goin over to start 12...this one is gettin a bit long

colaz
01-13-2006, 02:01 PM
LOL! Gotta luv it though! I love seeing all of the new people...

Yeah Diane...hang in there! :( Maybe you just just take a pill. I know the drowsyness sucks, but it has to be better than this.

So, will I be the last one to post here? hmmm