South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #1  

Default I'm new...sort of

Hey, I'm Stephanie and I've done South Beach a couple of times before and had success with it both times, but ultimately fell off the wagon both times as well. I'm back again and determined to reach my goal weight this time. And hey, you know what they say, third times a charm. I'm officially starting on Monday since I have to go grocery shopping this weekend. My starting weight is around 177 and my goal is 145. I know I can do it this time and hopefully having some support from fellow Beacher's like ya'll will help a lot. What else about me? Well, I'm a mommy to 2 wonderful boys; Lane who will be 3 in Feb. and Caleb who will turn 1 this month. And I'm a first semester nursing student working towards my RN degree. I'm sure with all that on my plate I'll be busy, busy, busy this year but I made a promise to myself that I would take time to do what I need to do for me this year, including losing these extra pounds that have been hanging around since the birth of my youngest. I look forward to meeting you all and if anybody has any tips before I go grocery shopping, please share.

Stephanie
Old 01-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Cool Welcome

I am definitely familiar with 'the third time is the charm,' lol. Welcome to the beach! I am sure that you will find lots of support here the trick is to reach out for help when you need it, offer help when its needed, and make sure you keeps your posts honest (keeps you accountable). Anyway it was nice to meet you, hope to see you around!
Old 01-07-2006, 06:22 AM   #3  

Hazel!
Busy??? Boy you came to the right place..our Chicks are the busiest and a few are RNS or are in nursing school or students like you and mommies as well. And Stephie is right, you'll get lots of support here .
Check out the FAQs section and here's a link to the handbook that has Phase 1 foods, and YUMOLAH pH 1 recipes to kick start yerself! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182

Come visit us on the daily boards tooo .!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Third time? I think I'm on my 30th at least!
Welcome to The Beach. You'll find lots of info and support in this Forum.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Welcome Stephanie!
I'm new here too but not to SB. This is a great group - very supportive.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Stephanie!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Welcome to the beach Stephanie! I'm with Ruth I have fallen off and gotten back on the beach so many times I can't remember.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Welome!!! I'm a newbie as well. Just started on January 3rd. Good luck!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #9  

This is my first time on SB but my 9,000th diet probably! LOL...Welcome!

Hey my mom was on Weight Watchers about a gazillion times but last time she did it a few years back, she lost 30 pounds and is keeping it off too...so you only don't succeed when you stop trying, is my motto!

I like SB --- this morning (day 5 for me) was the first time I really had a craving, for pancakes, I made those Wacky Waffles from here, and I thought they were pretty good but my DH was like, those are scrambled eggs in a waffle suit! LOL...I'll kick his skinny butt for dissing my SB waffles!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #10  

Default Another newbie

I've been browsing long enough - time to join in the fun. This is my second time on SB. Was diagnosed with insulin resistance this past fall, so this time the weight must come off and stay off in order for me to stay healthy. I'm a novice to message boards because my old internet connection was hideously slow. But I've upgraded so there's no stopping me now!

I tried to find the generic bio format, but couldn't find it. Here goes...

Birthday: January 22
Pets: 10 year old Sheltie named Lexi
Starting Weight: 274
Current Weight: 259
Mini-goal: 250 by Feb. 15
Why diets failed in the past: Couldn't stick with it
Why I will succeed this time: I've accepted the fact that I can't be perfect all the time. This time when I fall off the wagon, I won't get sucked under the wheels again. I know it has to be a lifestyle change, not just a diet.
Hobbies: Cooking (I love the recipes on this site!), Photography, Country Line Dancing (great exercise!)

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies. Speaking of line dancing, it's time to go "shake my groove thing".
Old 01-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

JanaM!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I've been browsing through all the recipes posted here and am ready to hit the grocery store tomorrow. Looking forward to starting on Monday.

~Stephanie
Old 01-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #13  

Well good luck with the monday phase 1 start

Welcome jana as well.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #14  

:wecome3: Jana! we'll be here to help and support you and make sure you don't ge sucked under the wagon wheels11

Here's a link to the Beachbaby bios!!! You can post yer info there too... We doooo read them!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71151
Old 01-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #15  

Hi there. I just posted my "intro", I just (re)started SB as well. I started last Monday - so far so good. Our starting and goal weights are similar. Good luck to us both!!

~ Ginny
Closed Thread