Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #1  

Arrow Do you eat meals and snacks or just meals?

Hello! I am doing WW at home so please be patient if this is a question that has been answered already.
I was wondering what people are doing about healthy snacking or grazing on WW. Do you eat three meals and have a small desert at lunch and supper (maybe fruit or yogurt)? Or do you eat three meals a day plus a snack in the morning and the afternoon? Do some people eat a third snack at night?
IF you do eat snacks, what do you eat?
Thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #2  

I eat snacks. I even plan them into my day. I use them with food to equal my points. I use 100 Calorie snack packs, veggies, pudding, SF ICe Cream, pretzels, FF pringles just to name a few
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

I eat an afternoon snack, usually (after I pick up my daughter from school). I also eat a snack that's the equivalent of one carb serving (15 grams) before I go to sleep. I'm borderline diabetic and the nutrionist worked that bedtime snack into my meal plan because, as she explained it, it keeps my blood sugar stable throughout the night and into the morning. My afternoon snack I try to make non-carb.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I'm definitely a snacker. Not so much at work - I usually have breakfast and coffee. But I always always have an afternoon snack (around 3:00 or 3:30pm) of 3-4 points worth (usually a small apple and an All-Bran Bar). This helps until I leave work around 5:30pm. We usually eat dinner by 6:30 and I have a small dessert (1-2 points usually) before jumping on the treadmill by 8:00 or 8:30 pm.

Of course, today I've been very hungry (Ok, i wasn't hungry - I was bored and I knew it...even though I gave in and had a couple of extra Whole wheat tortillas) and I am definitely PMS'ing...

I just need to re-vamp for dinner tonight and get my rear on that treadmill so I can end the week on a good note

But, to answer your question - I think snacking is definitely ok. Especially if you have always been a snacker. Once you get used to WW for a while you will definitely feel yourself in better control of the choices that you make with your food.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 PM   #5  

Awesome, that helps alot. Cece, I like the idea of having a non-carb snack in the afternoon. I get the idea around that. But what do you eat at night before bed? I don't know if I will do that because that is my most dangerous time of day but I like to be informed.
We only eat supper around 7 or 8 so between lunch and then, there is a long haul....I'm trying to do this right because I gained all my weight back (I will save you all from the long story behind this) eating before supper and late at night. The rest of the day I am a super healthy eater.

Anyone else have 2-4 point snack ideas? So what are your favorites?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #6  

Default snacks

one of my newly discovered faves is 2 graham crackers (1 point) topped with 1 tablespoon of nutella (Chocolate hazelnut spread which is 2 points) it is very satisfying and a great chocolate carving killer.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #7  

I vary from day to day, week to week. Some days I only eat two meals. Some days I seem to eat all day. That is the great thing about WW. Each of use gets to plan how often, when and what they will be eating.

My favorite snack has to be a banana. Okay, I know that a banana does not seem like much of a snack, but it is the one thing I crave.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Greentea - My bedtime snack varies. It could be fruit, or a glass of milk or hot chocolate. Usually I like to satisfy my sweet tooth and have a reduced sugar/sugar free ice cream bar. I don't normally have dessert after dinner.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #9  

I am scoochan (that has to be spelled wrong lol) in here so I can see all of the different snack ideas. I don't have time to read them all now... but I want to be able to find this later so I can read it then lol.

I do snack. My doctor told me I had to eat 3 small meals and at least 2 snacks a day. I am suppost to eat 6 times a day in total. I am a pre-diabetic. I do like to snack on SF jello with lite cool whip on top. That is an awesome sweet (tasting) treat. I also like to snack on cheese pretsel combos. Those are kind of high in points, but so yummy. These have been kind of a lifesaver since I quit smoking. I also love WW treats. I also sometimes like to eat a bit of veggies.

I can't think anymore this morning lol. To many interuptions (sp?) lol. Hope this gives some ideas though. Have a great WW day!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I am a snacker and my worst time is after 8 pm.

Fav snacks...apple, air popped popcorn, celery with low fat cream cheese, SF Jello
Old 01-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #11  

Cheers all!
Closed Thread