Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Using Points to Snack

We were just touching on this a bit in the Valentine's Day Challenge thread.

I love my snacks. I buy WW Cakes, Slow churned ice cream, rice cakes, etc. All things with low points and I always make sure I save points for them.

Will eating snacks like those hinder my weight loss? Or is it Ok as long as I'm in my points range?

I don't use my 35 bonus points unless I have to. And I try to eat all my veggies in a day.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #2  
banned

i think it depends. id recommend icecream limit 2x a week. im on core and i snack too, but mostly on fruit esp apples and grapes
Old 01-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #3  

OMG, that could be so tough!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I plan my snacks into my daily point allowance and it works so I don't see a problem if you are staying in your point range.

Just be careful not to use too many points on "diet" junk food and only rely on those as your snacks. Mixing it up a bit with fruits and veggies is better nutrionally and limiting your ice-cream to twice a week is probably best. Since you have a store of low point snacks around you won't be tempted by other things.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:14 AM   #5  

Red face

I've been using my points for just about anything I want to, snacks, fast food, and things, it seems like as long as I stay in my point range it works fine
Old 01-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarcliffeAngel
I've been using my points for just about anything I want to, snacks, fast food, and things, it seems like as long as I stay in my point range it works fine
Ditto!! I have averaged over 2 lbs loss everyweek. I eat fast food, snacks, whatever I want as long as I stay in my points. I know for some it might be a trigger that sets them off on things not in their point range, but for me it has been working just fine
Old 01-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #7  

Same goes for me....I love snacks...and it seems to work out fine for me. That's one of the things I really love about WW...you can still snack,etc...as long as you count your points. That has really helped me in the long run!! If my diet is so strict that i absolutely cannot have any snacks or whatever...the diet doesn't work for me..I get discouraged and quit. Like the others said though...I do try to mix up my snack routine with fresh fruits, etc...although I'm also a big advocate of WW frozen treats, fat free frozen yogurt, and the 100 calorie snack packs..lol. Yep..I've been finding as long as I stay within my points and exercise....snacks can be a part of my new lifestyle...good luck.
hugs,
Olivia
Old 01-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #8  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Everyone is so different but I try not to eat more than 1/2 my 35 pts as I just don't lose if I do. I usually reserve theme for special dinners etc. I try to limit my snacking as that seems to get me in trouble. I have a habit of not knowing when to stop. Kind of a red light thing!!

So work on what works best for you

Cindy
Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #9  

Great. That's what I thought WW was all about, eating what you want within reason. But I was looking through some of the daily menus people post and was seriously doubting myself.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #10  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

i have to admit I like my snacks but, dont make them a focus of my healthy eating they are occasional treats during the week i love the ww lemon cakes hmm yummy..
Old 01-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #11  

Actually hidden in the resesses of the leaders books is the fact WW recommends using only 3 points per day for snacks and then the rest from your 35 weekly.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, if you read my daily menus I look like a Saint (NOT!!)- no junk food, I rarely eat dessert but I do have a taste for the occasional Buttertart

It's just because I don't have a sweet tooth and I can't eat chips because I feel sick after I eat them. I can't stand drive through food, processed food or frozen dinners, or low fat products because I don't like the way they taste

I love to cook and I am always experimenting with new recipes my poor DH is my test subject and I love the WW cookbooks!

But not everyone lives like that. I know people who eat all of the above but stay within their points and still lose. You have to do what works for you

And that is the great part about WW - you don't have to go on a diet that is so restrictive that you can't stay on it. I find WW to be more of a lifestyle makeover rather than a "diet".
Old 01-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

Here is what I do...

1) I use my TargetPoints for my nutritional requirements and to follow the 8 great health guidelines

2) I use my ActivityPoints for additional dairy and protein

3) I use my FlexPoints for snacks or healthy food...
Old 01-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #14  

I don't like any of the WW foods and I try to avoid eating a lot of processed foods. I have cottage cheese, a few nuts, a piece of fruit or popcorn (usually) as a snack. I run into trouble if I bring any trigger food into the house (salty stuff that I say is for someone else, but who are we kidding, really!)

I always have a mid-afternoon snack. If I don't, I'm in a major hunger meltdown when making dinner and could easily inhale 15 points of chips in 5 short and tragic minutes (LOL).
Closed Thread