100 lb. Club - Biggest Loser Casting Call - anyone?

Sandi
01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Has anyone ever gone to a biggest loser casting call. I am going on Tuesday.

I don't know what to expect and I don't know how early to get there.

Anyone have any tips??

Br00klyn
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh Sandi - My fingers are crossed for you! That would be AWESOME! I've never been to one as they don't hold casting calls for the Biggest Loser in Canada but would LOVE to attend! I want to hear ALL the details...

Good Luck - I think you'd be just the perfect lady to help inspire a nation! ;)

Celina

barbygirl43
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
sandi that is so awesome. If you'll go over to the biggest loser forum here there is a member from Australia that made it pretty far in the rounds but wasn't chosen. I bet she'd have some tips for ya. Good luck!!!!

teahoney
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Sandi, that is great. I am excited for you but no, I don't have any tips.

SwimGirl
01-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I've never been to a casting call, however, I've been to tons of concerts and waited in lines for that! Get there as EARLY as possible, brings snacks, drink as little as possible.. everyone wants this, maybe see if they are starting a line the day before? And just think about the logic of who they want on the show, someone who can exercise and keep up with their crazy exercise schedule. Thats my best advice, oh and smile lots, personality is everything in life :) Goodluck! I can't wait to hear all about it!

-Aimee

Heva2015
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
That is so cool that they hold castings over there...I've just applied to go on the UK one so it is a matter of getting my personality to come over on paper!

Jen415
01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Wow Sandy! That is great! I have considered going to the casting call in Orlando, but haven't really committed. Although there is no "official" upper age/weight limit, I have a feeling I wouldnt be a good fit. But you never know until you try, do you?? :)

Jenniffer
01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
OMG! That is wonderful! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I watched the marathon last night-5 hours of the show. I couldn't sleep, thinking about my ribs that I cannot feel. Hee Hee. Let us know as soon as you can what happens.

irishgreengables
01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
How cool for you. I have never seen the show, but it sounds like a gr4eat thing!! Good luck.

Goddess Jessica
01-03-2006, 07:47 PM
San Diego is having one too!

JANUARY 26! OMG, I should totally go.

Goddess Jessica
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
You may want to read the paper application to see what they might ask:
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/contestants/BL2longapp.pdf

teahoney
01-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Go Jessica Go!!!

I wish I could go but being a single mom with a little one makes it impossible right now. I have to live vicariously through you guys.

Penny Loewen
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Sandi

I don't know anything about how Biggest Loser conducts their casting calls, but I do know about casting calls in the movie industry and how they work, and what they are most likely going to be looking for...

I worked in that industry for over 25 years started out in hair and makeup, and then ended up being a production coordinator.

They will most likely be looking for people who are animated, and smiling, and not afraid to be loud and dramatic if when needed... SMILE even in line and be animated even in line, they will be scanning the crowd to see if you are just that way in front of them or if you are the life of the party when you think no one is watching...

Break a Leg !!!...

christineu
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Although there is no "official" upper age/weight limit, I have a feeling I wouldnt be a good fit. :)

Personally, I would love to see a woman over 300 on the show...there are enough of us out there, so why not show it like it is? It would also be interesting to see how a man & a woman close to the same weight would do- there really seemed to be a big divide between the weight of the women around 220-240 (with Jen @ 265) and the men seemed to pretty much be over 300 this year. I would do it in a heart beat, but there is no way they would let me with my medical issues :mad:...so I want you & Sandi to do it so I can live vicariously through you:carrot:

shedilbry
01-04-2006, 12:10 AM
that is so cool! good luck sandi and jessica if you decide to go! i'd love to be able to go on the biggest loser but i'm also a single mom and i just don't see that happening right now.

Br00klyn
01-04-2006, 12:33 AM
OH MY GOD JESSICA! YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO GO GIRL! :nods:

How cool would that be if both Sandi and yourself got on the show??? :)

SuchAPrettyFace
01-04-2006, 01:04 AM
OMG you both totally have to go!!!! :)

AlabamaChubster
01-04-2006, 01:28 AM
There's one in Nashville, TN on the 22nd. I would really like to go to that one. Good luck to you gals who are going to the calls!!

Jillegal
01-04-2006, 02:45 AM
I don't care what time you have to get there to line up, Sandi, you definitely have to go! You'd be absolutely perfect for that show ~ you've got the looks, the sense of fun (and drama ;) ), the motivation, the sensitivity and the personality that would make everyone root for you!

Come to think of it, that description fits Goddess J perfectly also. Hot damn, you both have to try out! I insist!! :D

I'm willing to be listed as a character reference, without fee. :p

DollyR
01-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Good Luck Sandi!! I would love to see you next year on the one english channel I get over here. The Biggest Loser is the Monday night show right now. Please don't tell me who wins for this season. ;)

YP1
01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Go for it you guys!

nikki1201
01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
I am going to the Columbus, OH casting calls on the 25th. I am so stoked about it. I am everything that they are looking for in a contestant. I was a ballerina for Halloween this year. I think that I am going to wear that costume to make sure they realize that even though I am 325 pounds, I am fun, out-going, enjoys being the center of attention, and is not ashamed of what I have. Yes, I dream of being thinner, but I refuse to let my attitude be ran by my weight. I would love to hear from anyone that is going to this casting call!

Sheila53
01-04-2006, 06:00 PM
All of you guys would make incredible contestants. I'm rooting for you!! It would be incredibly thrilling if any or all of you made it on the show!

missaprylj
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Wooohooo!!!! This is *so exciting* good vibes for all of you!! :goodvibes:

Charbar
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
What fun!! That would be too cool!!

Let us know all about it.

djs06
01-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm totally jealous! good luck guys!! LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES

AlabamaChubster
01-05-2006, 02:37 AM
I told my best friend Cory about going, and he was like, " Yeah, that'd be cool. But, you'd end up being the psycho that goes off on everybody and has a breakdown, cause every reality show's got one." I'm like, "Yeah, probably, but, I WANNA DO IT!!!" It'd be so awesome. I just wanna do it for the free 10 weeks with personal trainers and having someone tell me what to eat. The money'd be cool too. Heh. I think I'd be interesting to watch on TV. I'm a bit eccentric. Then again, people'd probably get annoyed with me.

ChocLabLover
01-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I can't believe I missed this one yesterday! Sandi and Goddess J, you go for it! Wouldn't it be great if we could say, "I knew them then...." ;)

sabriena
01-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Wow... You guys should totally go for it! How cool would it be to watch the show and say I KNOW THEM!! THEYRE ON THE SAME FORUM AS ME! WOOOHOO!

jillybean720
01-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Hmm, looks they're having one in Norfolk, VA, too. My sister lived in Va Beach, so it's nothing for me to make a weekend trip down there. I might have to think about it...

As for what to expect, I'd have no idea! I did download the application and look at the questions. I don't even know what I would put as my most embarassing moment--nothing really comes to mind (lucky me, I guess!). Ooh, or they ask about a recent spontaneous or crazy event that you instigated. I don't know what I would put for that, either! I could probably dig up some college memories and use those since I just graduated 2 years ago--I did plenty of crazy (stupid?) things then :p

Oh, are we positive that the dates and places listed are for 2006? When I doanloaded the application, it stiall said something like "contestants must be available from February-June 2005," so I hope that everything else has really been updated. I would think so, since the dates seem to be on weekends, but I'd like to be sure!

newfiedarling
01-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd love for someone here to be on the show!! I'm wishing everyone the best of luck who goes for the auditions - imagine if there were more than one person from 3FC - a reunion and a contest all at once.

Go get em!!

~Dee

DishyFishy
01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
:crossed: for the castings! It'd be great to see one or more of you on the telly!

famograham
01-05-2006, 04:33 PM
:crossed: :crossed: Me too!!!
I think that would be Fantastic!!

Unfotunately..Canadians can't apply for any of those kinds of shows as far as I know! (Not that I'm cut out for that kind of thing :lol:)

Go for it Sandi and Jessica (and anyone else who's considering it)!!!! :cheer:

xoxox
Linda

Jenniffer
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
If anyone of you make it, I think when they have the finale, we all should be in the audience screamin like a bunch of monkeys!!!!

Raelynn
01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I would LOVE to go on that show! I wish you ladies the best of luck - we all would love to know someone who was on the show. Then you can come back here and fill us in on the secrets and behind-the-scenes stuff! :D

Sandi
01-11-2006, 12:23 PM
So I went!! I wrote all about it in my spotlight journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/spotlight-dieter/).

myholidayboyz
01-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh, Sandi, I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear what happens next!

jillybean720
01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Sandi, that's so AWESOME! Another idea that comes to mind regarding the woman in line who was asking everyone questions and stuff--maybe she was there from like a radio station or something. I've heard them do that on morning shows around here--they'll send an intern to get the scoop for major events in the area (American Idol auditions, a major Majoc tournament, etc.). Just a thought, but I guess we'll never know for sure!

I'm going to a casting call in Norfolk on the 21st. I'm really glad you shared your experience with us so I have a better idea of what to expect. I certainly don't think I stand a chance, but I think it will be a fun experience. KEEP US POSTED on if you hear anything from them!!!!

famograham
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Sandi...that is soo awesome!!

I would be so excited to see you on the show!!!

xoxox
Linda

Charbar
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Sandi. that is just the coolest thing! You have guts girl!

We should do a "biggest loser" show here. .on 3fatchicks.com

Let us know the moment you find anything out!!

barbygirl43
01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Sandi that is cool. Crossing my fingers for you you get a call back :)

teahoney
01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I am so excited for you. I am hoping for a callback for you. I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes.

ChocLabLover
01-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Keeping :crossed: for you Sandi! Good luck to everyone for the tryouts!

Kamily828
01-12-2006, 10:16 AM
That would be awesome if y'all could get on the show!!!!

Amanda Panda
01-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Good luck Sandi - I never watch the show (we get it here on cable) - but if you were in it I'd definately watch!

Love Amanda x

Yogini
01-26-2006, 01:40 AM
I am going to the one in San Diego tomorrow morning. I sure do hope I get chosen! ;)

ChocLabLover
01-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Good luck Yogini!

Sandi
01-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Good luck!!!!! I had e-mailed OzlosertoBe because she had gotten pretty far in the whole casting thing, this is something she said...

Now if you didn't get a call back you have to make a video and send it in. That's a much better way for them to see you. It would be very hard to stand out with the minute or so you get in front of the casting people.

I think the majority of contestants from last season were picked from their videos and the people that get a call back from the casting call are asked to make a video and send it anyway. All shortlisted videos are then shown to the NBC producers.

Hurry up though you only have a few days left. Must be in by Jan31.

I'd like to hear what your experience was like!

jenndurm
01-26-2006, 06:31 PM
HI EVERYONE! I just started reading your board -- I was particularly interested in Sandi's experience with the casting call. It was really helpful in letting me know that I should be at the San Diego call early. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I showed up at 3 a.m. and I was about 40 people back in line. IT WAS FREEZING! and there was no bathroom but somehow I made it until 10:00 with my husband arriving around 8 a.m. ........At about 10:00 a.m. there were about 600 people in line and the stories were amazing. Some people actually flew to go to this and some people drove 10 hours to get here----------I only had to drive 10 miles but I made a cool t-shirt that cost me 20$ and I spent 7 hours in the cold.........and THEY CANCELED THE CASTING CALL. .............................crzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I am so mad but I can't be that mad because I only drove 10 miles, whereas, other people are out a lot of money and time off work and etc. etc. Can you guys believe that? I am so mad I don't know if I even want to apply to be on the show now. I am not sure why they canceled although I think it had something to do with Dave and Busters - where they held it......some type of miscommunication..........I heard producers explaining something to a sobbing woman as I was leaving................................I wish I had some type of recourse - someone I could write a letter toooooo...........anyone have their email addresses????????? Thanks for listening.

On a side note I lost 12 pounds at WW in the last two weeks 294 to 282.

jenndurm
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
For anyone that went ot the casting call, I am curious about your experience as I left as soon as I found out they cancelled.........I was afraid of the traffic.........anyone else? I got there at 3 a.m.

rysmommy
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Im just curious if anyone know's when the new season will start im aware they are still doing casting calls but just curious when the actual show get's going i've never watched a season! :)

Yogini
01-27-2006, 12:57 AM
It was a MESS! I got there at 7:30 am. After 10, a woman came around with a *tiny* bullhorn, saying that the police demanded they cancel the casting call, that there were no porta-potties to accomodate everyone and we were in violation of city codes by being there. That's it! Nothing was done at all to address all the issues involved in people flying in to San Diego, taking time off of work, paying for hotels etc. for NOTHING :(

They could have handled it so much better! Having people monitor how many people were coming in and barricading it once they reached the limit, IMMEDIATELY calling in porta-potties etc. would have dealt with all the issues! :?:

They could have at LEAST handed out tickets to have us hold our place in line for the next open call! :(

People were MAD but no rioting or anything happened. I guess us fat folk are used to being jerked around :(

Jillegal
01-27-2006, 02:26 AM
What a dissapointing and frustrating experience for everyone! Someone has to be accountable for that kind of mismanagement. :mad:

jenndurm
01-27-2006, 03:04 AM
I emailed some people and here is the response I got: --- what I find surprising about this is that in the morning it was evident that the producers chose to cancel the casting calls.............I can't believe Dave and Busters allowed them to take the blame........there was one woman that was trying to explain this to several crying people at the front of the line................anyway, here is what they sent me......

"NBC 7/39 wants to make it clear that we or our parent company, NBC Universal, were in no way involved with the cancellation of the Biggest Loser casting call this morning at Dave and Buster's in Mission Valley. Although local restaurant management did come out and tell the crowd that NBC had cancelled the event their corporate headquarters has now admitted they made the decision to call off the event. Here is Dave and Buster's statement from Darin Bybee, Regional Operations Director, West.

"Providing a safe environment for our guests and team members is always Dave & Buster's first priority. Unfortunately, the situation this morning was not safe despite our very best efforts to make it so. We regret that the event had to be cancelled."

The casting directors for The Biggest Loser are working to reschedule the event in San Diego this weekend. For updates on time and location, a hotline has been provided, 310-727-3307."

jillybean720
01-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Wow, that is INSANE! I went to a casting call at Jillian's (I've never been to a Dave and Buster's, but from my understanding, they are very similar). Some of the line was inside Jillian's, but a ton of people (well, hundreds anyway) were standing outside wrapped around the building. I don't see how one situation differs from the other--how insanely FRUSTRATING!

Of course, I personally don't think it was worth my time to go to the casting call. You don't get a personal interview, just a group one, and the girl who interviewed our group didn't ask us ANY questions! We just went around introducing ourselves and then saying what "would be on our t-shirt." When we finished with those intros, she said, "thanks for coming in!" and that was that! I think a video is REALLY the way to go because then you can say what you want to say about yourself, ya know? I've also heard of more people getting call-backs from videos than from casting calls.

Of course, it's a little late now for a video since they're due by the 31st, but hey, it could happen ;)