Old 01-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #1  
bre_das_me

Question Walk Away the Pounds

Does anyone know if "WALK AWAY THE POUNDS" really works? It comes with two 5lb. balls and a 1,2,& 3 mile video that u can walk to on the tv in your house?
bre_das_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #2  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hi there! You might try a search with "Walk Away the Pounds" and/or "WATP"--there are several threads around Leslie's tapes and yes, MANY people find these very helpful
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #3  
Losing for Life!

Hi,

As a seriously overweight person I can tell you that I have just started the watp tape I bought and it is great, the workout is a challenge for me, i did 15 minutes the first day and today managed 25 and it gets my heart rate up but it didn't wear me out too much. I like that it is easy to modify my pace and still get a good workout.

I am looking forward to getting more of these tapes, it was a lot of fun and I like it.
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #4  

I love the WATP tapes. I think they're great for someone just starting out or someone who has been exercising for a while. I've been doing the 3 mile DVD but I still need to get the weighted balls.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #5  

You don't have to buy the weighted balls. You can go to Target or Wal-mart and buy 1 or 2 lb dumb bells for about $2 apiece.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #6  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE WATP! Over the last 3 years, I have accumulated a pretty good library of her videos and a couple of DVD's. I fell like they take less time and get my heart rate up there much better than just plain old walking outside or on a treadmill (and I do those things, too).

You can find a decent selection at places like Walmart or Target. Or if you're comfortable with online shopping, ebay, overstock.com, collagevideo.com or deepdiscountdvds.com also carry her products. She also has her own website with a membership area (which I belong to, as well).

Happy walking!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #7  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre_das_me
Does anyone know if "WALK AWAY THE POUNDS" really works? It comes with two 5lb. balls and a 1,2,& 3 mile video that u can walk to on the tv in your house?
Sounds like the same one I have, and I belive it comes with 2 1lb. balls. They're great, I love these tapes!!
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #8  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I love it too (though I just started back doing it regularly). I don't have the "WATP weights", but I use my own 3 lb weights at the appropriate times.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:33 PM   #9  

I love the whole series

I just went and got my own weights too. I started out at 3lb weights and have moved up to 5lbs to make it more difficult.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #10  

I have just completed WATP 2mile for the first time and it was great. I didn't feel like I couldn't complete it but I did notice that I felt more in my muscles in areas that I didn't feel it with the 1mile. It's great. I hope after this walking challenge I entered in for this month that my legs,butt and thighs are well shaped. I plan on alternating the walking from 1 to 2 miles 3-4 days a week besides other videos and curves. good luck everyone and have a great weekend.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I have this tape, Walk Away the Pounds, the 3 mile I believe. I couldn't really do it, haha I always get distracted by "background" people that work out behind them, and there was someone that just bugged me, and I've hardly ever completed it...
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #12  

I know what you mean about the background people. There's always one in every workout that distract me, and I have to consciously NOT look at them! But I do love my dvds better than the bike or treadmill.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I really enjoy them. My DH had done them with me in the past, but he said he didn't like it because the walking didn't feel 'natural'. But I like them a lot~
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote