Support Groups - Jades Ladies Challenge

View Full Version : Jades Ladies Challenge

Marti
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
We've had this challenge here before and by request, we're going to restart it again!! It started in the Support thread, and since most of us don't get a chance to venture far from our little corner of the woods, I thought I would have one for us.:cp:

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drink 80oz. of water:cheers: , walk a mile,:tread: or what ever else may come to mind. :beach: You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. :fr: And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good,:tired: we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

And just a reminder, this is not a competition against others. We are not competing, we are trying to make better habits in our lifestyles and this is just one way to help kick start it.

So anyone like to join???

jules1216
01-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Okay, I have actually started with this--no more regular high calorie Coke & replace it with the recommended 8 - 10 (8 oz) glasses of water a day. I haven't had a reg Coke since Thursday and I am up to 5 glasses of water a day.

RosieKate
01-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm in! I'm going to keep a food diary and post the daily totals - that should motivate me.

:)

FrouFrou
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks Marti for starting the thread! :thanks: I know how busy you are and I came here tonight to specifically find the old thread and start a new one for you/us. But ya beat me to it! :)

I'm also in! :carrot: I actually started today but won't start counting until tomorrow because my challenge is more than one thing, sort of. It's basically getting back on track with drinking my four bottles of water every day (on number three right now & I won't get a #4 this close to bed, thus the reason to start counting tomorrow), take my vitamins and get that exercise in. The exercise...while I plan on working up to 3-4 miles a day, my challenge will just be to get in no less than a mile. So here's to tomorrow ladies :cheers:

luckycharm
01-02-2006, 09:48 PM
:cofdate:

Yes for the next 21 days the challenge will be to have water in my cup, and refill it about 8 times during the day. Mmm water.

:coffee2:

I actually found a water jug at wal-mart that holds 8 glasses. I will get some good weight training in my arms from carrying that around.:rofl:

Michelle1210
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi Ladies,
this is good now there are so many aeras that need tweaking, but I'll start at being mindful of eating since thanksgiving I've been off the wagon.
Better healthyer choices

fat&sassycat
01-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Hum.........this is a hard one since I've just started (which really means I could fall off the 'wagon' on any of my goals :D)

I will keep track of my foods on Fitday.com for 21 days and anyone is allowed to read it and give advice........but I have to say this first :D I'm learning and I'm not giving up ANYTHING just watching HOW much I eat and trying to do it in a healthier manner

the web site below is my public accounting of Fitday foods

RosieKate
01-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Good morning! Yesterday was Day 2
1606 cals.
10 glasses fo water

I'll catch up in Chit Chat later today

FrouFrou
01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Fatandsassycat...that's okay. You have to do what works for you. And I too eat what I want. Not counting calories or points but just being mindful of what goes in my mouth. Just cutting back and getting the exercise in. Which by the way...I did.

It was so nice getting up early and getting it out of the way. I did a 1.53 mile walk, 25 mns. on the exercise bike and about 10 mns. with the weights. and I just finished bottle #3 of the water so definitely will get one more in, if not two. I will go ahead and say Day 1 is down. And I've taken my vitamins also. My exercise schedule is to work my way up to 3-4 miles on M, W & F (just focusing on one mile for sure right now)and on Tues, Thurs & Sat walk one mile, 20 mns. on the exercise bike and do weights. Right now with the weights I am only doing about 10 mns. but want to work up to about 30 eventually.

Marti
01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I've got to clean my area up before I can get the gazelle out. (No room for it!) But as soon as I do, I'll be on there 30mins everyday. That'll be my challenge.

So...off I go to clean up!

jules1216
01-03-2006, 05:29 PM
No Coke!!! 3-16 oz waters so far--I'll drink another one on the way home and maybe another one while I am at Slim-n-Tone--that will give me 10 * oz glasses--I've also lost 4 of the 5 lbs I gained over Christmas!!

RosieKate
01-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Good Morning!

Day 3

1810 cals
9 glasses of water

See you in Chit Chat

jules1216
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Another day of 10 glasses of water and no coke--had a killer caffiene headache today!!!

FrouFrou
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi ladies...

Hope everyone made it through another day OP.

I am not sure how I did it but I forced myself to do 3 miles. I had done 1.16 earlier but am having a killer sinus headache and wasn't going to do anymore. Well, I pushed myself really hard to get on that treadmill and finish! :carrot: Now I think I will turn in early after I shower. Still not feeling great. Also, drank my 4 bottles of water today (had 5 yesterday) and took my vitamins which was a little hard with my throat feeling like it's closing up! Anyway, nighty, night ladies.

Ooopsie! Forgot to say that I walked a total of 3 miles today! YIPPEE! Sort of...

RosieKate
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Day 4
1810 cals
10 glasses of water

FrouFrou
01-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I may have to take a "pause" day ladies, as much as I hate to. Kind of feel like I'm cheating. Still having this sinus headache problem and today is by far worse than yesterday was. But...the good thing is today is just a one-mile walk, the bike ride and some weights. I am going to try and force myself to get that done, but really not sure if I can-gonna give it a try though. Will post my efforts later this evening some time.

Have a good day ladies!

fat&sassycat
01-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Still posting but being VERy honest........having problems with staying on TASK..........geeesh..........

jules1216
01-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Went out to lunch today and I was sooooooo tempted to get a Coke but I got a diet green tea instead--drank my water quota....did I mention how baaaaddddd I want my Coke!!!

RosieKate
01-06-2006, 08:31 AM
1800 cals
8 glasses of water

Off to the gym!

FrouFrou
01-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, ladies, I hate to say it but I am goin gto have to start over with the challenge. I should'nt have added the exercise to it because Sunday is a free day for me and so I wouldn't have those 21 consecutive days. So I am going to just do a vitamin and water challenge but starting tomorrow. I have been out all morning and don't drink water when I'm out and about because there's not always a restroom and I have a very weak bladder! Just going to start over tomorrow with a new challenge, sort of...

4-16.9 oz. bottles of water a day and take my vitamins.

You ladies are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work! :bravo:

RosieKate
01-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Cristi - don't get down on yourself, you are doing a great job! FWIW, I think you can still do an exercise challenge as I feel a rest day is part of being OP. I guess you'd have to look at the challenge as one of staying OP for 21 days as opposed to doing 1 or 2 things everyday for 21 days. You are finding the things that work for you and that's great!

Now, me,....sigh.... Well, I wrote it all down, but it ain't pretty :( 2300 cals 8 glasses of water. Well, this is why I write this stuff down. Gotta look at it and thing about what needs to change. No trips to Taco Time for me! Today and tomorrow I clamp down on the calories and we'll see what my weekly average is come Monday.

jules1216
01-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Cristi--I have to agree with Katy, I have read that it is better to let your body rest a day while doing a exercise program, so I don't think that you need to look at that as not being able to count. Also--the first post did say about a pause while you are sick and you are--I think you are doing great!!

Katy--your doing great too!!! I would bet your weekly average will be fine--I remeber in ww that you could allot points occasionally as long as it wasn't all the time.

Still no reg Cokes for me. I had some diet tea and a salad when I was out for lunch with DD yesterday. Found myself looking at the drink offerings to see what I could have instead of a Coke. Strangly enough I am starting to crave water, never thought that would happen......

RosieKate
01-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Day 6 1650 cals - only 5 or so glasses of water
Well, I panicked a little too early. Turns out I added calories on the WRONG DAY, yeesh. My total for the binge day was still too high, but not as high as previously reported.

Jules - great minds think alike....I did compute my weekly average so far and I was at 1805 for a daily average.....so I'm still doing alright even with the overindulgence.

On Monday I plan on weighing in and calculating a daily average for the whole week, then see if I need to adjust my calorie goals

Happy Sunday everyone

jules1216
01-08-2006, 09:35 AM
It's funny at this point I am not wanting a coke--I still have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning--usually decaf.

I am up to 5 20 oz waters--my problem is I have to think about drinking them even when I am thirsty--this has always been a problem with me.

Katy--I really think that we have to have a little indulgence once in a while or we get discouraged and quit. Sounds like you are fine!!

Cristi--I hope you are not giving up!!

I can't wait until I weigh on Tuesday!!

RosieKate
01-08-2006, 08:57 PM
hey Jules - just popping in for a minute but wanted to give you a big pat on the back for quitting coke....I quit pop almost 20 years ago and it can be done! It's true that once it is out of your system you lose the taste for it. I used to go through a case of Pepsi Light a week, but now I don't crave it in the least.

I'm still way addicted to coffee, but I drink it black, so that makes it okay, right? ;)

RosieKate
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Day 7 1630 cals 9 glasses of water

Daily average for the week 1775
Weigh-in - well, depends. I have a really weird WW scale. In one spot, it says no change, but if I scoot it over to the right a few inches and weigh again, it say I lost 2 lbs. Sigh. I start with the "no change" and remember to weigh in the same place next week...

jules1216
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Katy--AM drinking my water daily--based on a 8 oz serving I have been doing at least 10 glasses a day--staying away from coke and the diet coke--have killer cramps today--I was planning on going to the gym tonight but I don't think I can.
I did weigh today (Tuesday are my usual day) and I am down another pound even on my period--I want to weigh in again later on this week after the cramps and bloating go away....

FrouFrou
01-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi Ladies...

I'm back! I didn't quit Jules. Just took a break because of this cold. I spent most of Saturday in bed so didn't get any exercise done at all or any water down. Sunday, was a little better but still nothing. I did clean house and after that I needed a nap! LOL But I am feeling better today, I think. :dunno: It comes and goes. Woke up with another sinus headache and of course a itchy throat, so working on getting that better. I am starting over with the challenge though since I missed a few days there. If I had been on day 10 or further I would take a pause but I was just on day 3 so it's not really a big deal for me to start over-just don't want to again!

KATY...I am going to take your advice about looking at the challenge as being OP. Thank you for that. :thanks:

JULES...:thanks: to you also. WTG on no cokes! I need to work on no diet cokes but as long as I drink my water I think I will be okay with one or two a day. But here lately I find myself grabbing a bottle of water instead.

Today was WI for me also and I am happy to say I am down 4 pounds! I was a little scared to get on the scales but at the same time I felt like I had lost a few pounds. Normally I just don't feel it but this time I did. Half the time the only way I know is when I put my clothes on and they are loose.

As soon as I get off here I am going to get a walk in. Have taken my vitamins and had two bottles of water so far.

Anyway, WTG ladies on doing a great job with the challenge! :carrot:

P.S.-going to add my walking miles here to each post to cut down on the space with the ticker situation. Figured I could do without having two tickers.

January Walking Goal-50 miles
Miles Walked-6.53 (haven't done a walk today,yet)
Miles to go-43.47 (I better get to walking!)

jules1216
01-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Cristi--I am so glad that your are back and feeling better!!! I always forget to take my vitamins!! Someone told me to keep some at work so I'd have them if I forgot but then I finished what I had at work....and have to remember to take more there.... Right now I am only on the probiotics (when I remember)..maybe what I really need is something really good for memory!!!

Hi to you Katy...keep up the great work!!

FrouFrou
01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
JULES...thanks! Not feeling 100% but better than the last few days. And...I managed to get a 3.38 mile walk in today, took my vitamins this morning and drank 5 bottles of water! :carrot: I must say that after all that I do feel a lot better. Know what ya mean about the vitamins. For the longest time I could not for the life of me remember to take them, even when I set them on the counter! Now that's bad...when they are staring you in the face and you don't take them. I still had days where I will forget but I am hoping this challenge will get me back on track with it. So...

January Miles~50
Miles walked~9.91
Miles to go~40.09

If I had known I just needed .09 to even it off I would have just done it! :)

Keep up the good work ladies! :cheer:

FrouFrou
01-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Good morning ladies...

Got my walk in this morning, 1.59 miles, just had to round that off. :lol:

Will post later this evening to say if I have day 2 down completely. Working on the water and have to finish my exercise. Today is just a one mile walk, which I went over a little, and I have to ride the exercise bike and do weights.

Total miles walked--11.50
Miles to go--38.50

FrouFrou
01-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Okay, it's a thumbs up to having day 2 down! :cheer: :carrot: :cheer: I did get in the rest of my exercise, vitamins and water are all a done deal to, until tomorrow that is. :p

RosieKate
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi! yesterday was day 9
1575 cals
9 glasses of water

jules1216
01-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Now that I am not craving coke and reaching for water instead I feel guilty--Cristi- you have your exercise and Katy you're counting calories --I feel like I need to add something!!

RosieKate
01-11-2006, 08:44 AM
It's ok Jules - the coke withdrawal is enough to focus on for 21 days...then you'll find something else! :)

Yesterday Day10
2100 cals (ugh - baking day)
9 glasses of water

...and off I go to the gym!

FrouFrou
01-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Good job ladies! :carrot:

JULES...ditto what Katy said! It is hard enough to quit coke...I think that is one thing that would be the hardest for me to do. Of course when I first started trying to get my water drank and my vitamins taken it was hard for me. But slowly everything fell into place and it will for you. Then you can pick something else.

RosieKate
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Day 11
1600 cals
11 glasses of water

jules1216
01-12-2006, 09:16 AM
I am going to bust on the water I drank over 100 oz yesterday and have already got 40 oz down so far this mornig---gotta run..literally...

FrouFrou
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Good job ladies! :bravo:

I'm thinking a challenge isn't for me after all! I don't know what's wrong with me...I know what I need and should be doing but yesterday I just flat out refused to do anything for some reason. I only had one bottle of water, didn't bother to take the vitamins or walk. Going to try and do better today, but thinking I won't do the challenge. I think I always set myself up for failure when I do a challenge, or this type of challenge anyway. I think challenging myself to lose a pound a week would be easier than this.

I don't know how you ladies drink so much water! I feel like a drowned rat when I have just the four bottles! :lol:

Have a good day ladies!

Marti
01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Cristi, it's alright. Probably the reason I haven't started yet either. So much goes on around home and stuff that thinking about doing something everyday for 21days....doesn't quite work for me..............yet. (soon though I hope)

I'm hoping that once I'm settled at work in the new building (Monday) that I can possibly get myself on track and be more disciplined.

For the gals that who are staying on track...Keep up the great work! I'm proud of you. And I hope to eventually join you as soon as I'm out of my slump.

jules1216
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Cristi--you have been sick and if it's the flu that everyone here has it takes a while to get out of your system

Marti--you've got a lot going on in your life right now without adding anything extra

Katy-great job

As for me--I needed something to motivate me and get my mind off being depressed at turning 40 and the whole empty nest thing!!

RosieKate
01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Day 12
1600 cals
11 glasses of water

Have a great day everyone!

FrouFrou
01-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks Marti & Jules :hug:

Marti...you've got so much going on and I know once you are settled it will be better for ya. Stress is a killer!

Jules...I don't know if it was the flu, but still feeling the effects from whatever it was. I'm thinking it was some kind of virus though as the last two days it's been something with my stomach. That I and just flat out don't feel like doing anything right now. So maybe in a week or so I will jump back on the challenge bandwagon.

Katy...WTG! You are doing an awesome job!

As are you Jules with the water. I know I will never be able to drink as much as you ladies do and that's okay. For me 4 bottles is good and definitely way better than nothing at all. I've never cared for water.

Keep up the good work ladies! :bravo:

jules1216
01-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I have been drinking 4-5 20 oz a bottles a day and sometimes more, but not often. I am beginning to think that instead of being hungry I have been thirtsy for years. I weighed myself on Thursday after stopping Eve's curse and I am up to a nine pound loss. I couldn't believe my eyes. I should have figured that the ending of my love affair with the red can would show some results. Today is Day 1 of the Sonoma diet, I finally finished the book and am ready to start. No fruit for the next ten days will be a killer, but if I can give up coke, I can do this. I love apples and oranges and bananas and pineapple and the list goes on..... the bananas will have to wait a long while to be added back in.:(

Flossygrl
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
What a great thread and idea (whoever thought this up.. you are a genius).

Since it is 8:30 pm.. my day ONE will be tomorrow. My goals (yikes, plural) are to log my food into fitday every single day and to do my abs tape every single day.

It sounds easy, but I have a tendency to skip on the fitday (especially if I have a bad day.. like pretending they didn't happen.. ha ha, maybe that is why I can't seem to lose any darned weight) and even though that ab tape is only 10 min long, I absolutely despise it.

But on the plus side.. I would really love to actually enjoy my pool this summer and wear a bathing suit that isn't covered by a shirt. Or a bathing suit period, half of last summer I spent sitting on the sidelines fully clothed if my son had friends over (why I would be embarrassed in front of an 8 yr old is beyond me.. but I am)

So, expect me back tomorrow, I can't wait to get started.

jules1216
01-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome Aimee!!! Good luck to you!!
Still on my way to becoming a water-a-holic!!! (Tee-Hee)

RosieKate
01-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome Aimee!
I'm a little behind....
Day 13
1955 cals, 9 glasses of water

Day 14
1805 cals, 9 glasses of water

glug....

Flossygrl
01-15-2006, 07:41 PM
woo-hoo.. made it through one whole day.

Day one= http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=FlossyGrl
Day one= ab tape

RosieKate
01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Day 15
2110 cals 9 glasses of water

Monday is Weigh in Day...
I am down 3 lbs to 181 - Wahoo!

Daily avg cals for last week were 1816

So far the calorie tip I read at the beginning of the year is working. I thought that the calories were kind of high, but it was supposed to result in a loss of a pound a week and it's been 3 pound over two weeks...we'll see how the rest of the challenge goes.

The tip - FWIW - take your weight times 13 - that's your calorie level to maintain your current weight. To lose a pound a week, you need to subtract 500 calories from that number for a daily calorie level. For me, that number is what I want my daily average to be - and I average a week's worth on Weigh In day. Obviously some days the cals are higher (like yesterday), but on others I can balance them out.

FrouFrou
01-16-2006, 12:38 PM
WOOHOO KATY!!! :carrot: :carrot: Congrat's on the loss this week! :bravo:

JULES...hope you are doing well with the Sonoma book. No banana's or fruit?! YIKES! You would think they would incorporate that into the program (don't like saying the "D" word, lol) since it is supposed to be good for you.

:welcome: AIMEE!

Well, ladies I am back to restart the challenge, same one...focusing on getting that water down (4-16.9 oz bottles), along with the vitamins. One would think it an easy challenge...but I really dislike the taste of water. I've tried flavored waters, crystal lite, and still, ick! But I know I need to get it down so...here's to day one! :cheers:

Almost forgot...today is also my WI and I am down 1/2 pound, which is better than nothing.

Have a GREAT OP/Challenge week ladies!

RosieKate
01-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Day 16
2040 cals
7 glasses of water

FrouFrou
01-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Day one is behind me and I am happy to say I drank 5 bottles of water! :carrot: Okay, it may not seem like much to you ladies, but to me it's A LOT! Funny thing is, I keep a book in the bathroom and usually read a chapter a day. The one I have is Fit from Within and the chapter was about water. It made me think of you Jules...and your comment about being thirsty...the author said the same thing. Instead of being hungry all those years, she was probably thirsty, not enough water. Anyway...things like that get me to thinking and it actually does stick with me. And I will read certain chapters over and over again to let it completely sink in. Of course I have already read this book and will probably read it again. A lot of what she says hit home and makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, on to day two! Already took my vitamins and am done with half my water. Going to aim for 5 bottles again today but four is my challenge so we will see.

Hope everyone is having an OC day!

CRISTI

Flossygrl
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Day 3 on fitday. I am actuallyt pretty proud of myself.. yesterday was an all around bad day (about 2000 cal. bad), but I logged it all.. so go me.

Day 3 on abs.. and I still hate the tape.

jules1216
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah for everyone!!
Sonoma actually lets you have quite a bit of fruit after the first 10 days that they are trying to break you of any sugar habit that you may have....Bananas can be added in eventually. I love peanut butter and bananas!!! I eat a banana when I am craving sugar and need a sweet fix--how can they be bad!!!!
Sorry...whining under control now. Was really busy today at work--the phone rang off the hook...and I had to get on myself about my water, but I did it.

RosieKate
01-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Day 17
1800 Cals
7 glasses of water

jules1216
01-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Already got almost 60 oz in--finding if a drink some water first thing in the morning when I get up then it seems to be easier to keep drinking all day....go figure?

FrouFrou
01-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Good job ladies! :bravo: :cheer:

AIMEE...WTG on day three!:carrot:

KATY...WTG on day 17! :carrot: You are doing an awesome job!

JULES...WTG to you also!:carrot: Sonoma souonds like South Beach a little. Know what ya mean about the water. I'm hoping to one day replace it with drinking so much diet coke. I will still have 1 or 2 but hoping to ge tto the point that's all I have.

Anyway, this is day 3 for me and so far so good! Drank 5 bottles of water yesterday again and I am thinking I will probably do the same today. Already had two and am on #3. Also, tomorrow going to get back to my walking. Going to start out with doing 1 mile for a week to a week and a half then add a 1/2 mile each week. I would love to get to the point where I can jog without sounding and feeling like I am dying!

Keep up the good work ladies!

CRISTI

RosieKate
01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
WTG everyone! you are all doing such a great job!

Day 18 1880 cals
11 glasses of water

I, too , find that drinking alot of water in the a.m. helps me get it all done. I start out the day w/ 16 oz, then another while I exercise. I drink alot of black coffee, I count that as 3 ( per a WW tip)...so there's 7 .

Have a great day everyone

FrouFrou
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Done with the water and vitamins for yesterday. Today is day 4 and so far so good.

EDITED: to say I have day 4 done! Had my four bottles of water for the day, but will have a fifth later. I always have a bottle of water while I am cooking dinner, makes me full and I eat less!

FrouFrou
01-20-2006, 01:42 PM
vitamins are down as is half my water. Two bottles to go!

jules1216
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Done with the water and vitamins for yesterday. Today is day 4 and so far so good.

EDITED: to say I have day 4 done! Had my four bottles of water for the day, but will have a fifth later. I always have a bottle of water while I am cooking dinner, makes me full and I eat less!

Thanks for a great tip!!!
Still keeping up. Went to lunch with my daughter and I orders a ice tea not Coke. I didn't even think about it until later. I do still crave a Coke now and then.

Marti
01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I will finally start this on Monday!!:carrot:
My plans are to get in 3 miles of gazelle and walking combined each day. The new building at work has extremely long halls and so this should be easy. 3 miles sounds small, but I have to start out w/baby steps. I will be using my pedometer to keep track.

Everyone is doing a fabulous job and I'm feeling the vibes from you all and it's helping me get more motivated!

Also wanted to mention that the thread is getting long....but I was thinking of waiting until we reach 100 before we start a new one, unless some of you are experiencing slow load times. Let me know. Otherwise, lets try and make to 100.

Be back here by Monday!

jules1216
01-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Marti--3 miles is 3 miles more than you did the day before and you have to start somewhere.

Just not bringing any Coke in the house is helping my craving--if it is not here then I can't drink it. Drinking my first 20 oz.......

Good thoughts to all.....

FrouFrou
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
MARTI...3 miles is not small at all! When I was mowing, doing yard work and walking over the summer I walked up to 3 miles and got the rest (other 2 miles to get in the 10,000 steps a day) in doing the yard work. But I usually aimed for 2-3 miles of walking and believe me that IS a good walk and makes a difference in the weight loss. As long as you watch what you eat also.

JULES...that water tip has been a big help to me in losing weight along with the walking. My biggest meal usually is breakfast...I really need that to start my morning. But sometimes I have a very small lunch and am starving by dinner time and that is where the bottle of water comes in. Also, I eat late so that I don't feel like snacking before bedtime. A lot of ladies count their tea as their water for the day too. I'm going to have to drink more tea and less diet cokes. I have actually been doing fine, cutting back and drinking more water. And WTG on passing on the coke! :carrot:

KATY...there you are just sailing right along. You are doing an awesome job! :bravo:

AIMEE...are you still with us? How are you doing?

Oh, almost forgot...no problem for me Marti letting the thread go to 100 posts.

Today is day 6 for me and I am doing GREAT! I still don't care for water but I am getting it down with no problem.

RosieKate
01-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi All
Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, just haven't had much time to post.

Day 19 1900 Cals 9 water
Day 20 2095 cals 7 water
Day 21 1830 cals 5 water :(

So far my avg is 1900 cals..ugh higher than I would like. BUT I made it through 21 days! I am going to start today with Day one, but I am going to fine tune the goals. Still going to record calories, but no going over 2000 on a daily basis (want a daily average of 1800), and I am going to get my 8 glasses of water every day.

Have a great day!

FrouFrou
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
WOOHOO Katy! :carrot: 21 days down and on to another challenge, good for you! :bravo:

How is everyone else doing? Aimee, are you still with us?

This is day 8 for me and I am finding it is easier to get that water down. And I am getting the vitamins taken first thing in the morning where usually, I took them at dinner time.

RosieKate
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Yay - Cristi! I found it easier to remember my vitamins when I started taking them with breakfast. Good Job!

Well, I started my new challenge yesterday, instead of Sunday. I've had some raging PMS, so I took a day off. So, Day one is done!
1927 cals, 9 glasses of water

WI - bleh - no change, but I am bloated as all get out - can't get my ring on, so I am hoping for some better news next Monday.

jules1216
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow Katie...I just realized that we had done our 21 days.
Now that I got the water down I need to do something else. I am trying to be good like you and count calories. I have never counted calories, but I have counted points at WW before. I did buy a book to record what I am eating and my water intake. I need to make sure it's done everyday and the calories recorded. I didn't lose any weight my last weigh in though since I have been exercising my weight looks distrubted differently. I did add up a couple of days after you gave that formula and with all the fresh veggies and salads and water there were like three days that I didn't even have 1000 calories. I am wondering if this is my problem as to why I am not losing.
Well I guess my new challenge will be recording everything along with the hat goes into my mouth for the next 21 days and include the calories to post.
Tomorrow will be Day 1.

Cristi--once you get started the water is easy. Great job!!

Marti-How are you doing on the Gazelle??

Aimee--How is it going for you??

RosieKate
01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Jules - I found it easier to set my goal to record calories, but not set a specific range. I aimed for it, but felt it was more importnat to get in the habit of writing it all down tahn to restrict last time around. Maybe that will help you.....this time around however, I am keeping a tighter grip on those calories!
Day 2 1700 cals
10 glasses of water

great job everyone!

jules1216
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I am still at 0 loss..
I did add up calories yesterday--so I guess that will be Day 1....
821 Calories --yes I actually ate & was not hungry
10 glasses water

FrouFrou
01-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I went ahead and counted today, day 9 as being done since I have had my vitamins and have already finished all my water! I can't believe it! I was really thirsty this morning for some reason. But...I will have another bottle for lunch and then one while I cook dinner so that will be a grand total of 6 for me today. :carrot:

JULES...maybe you're not getting enough to eat. :dunno: I've heard that when you go that low with the calories it messes up your metabolism. 821 calories is pretty low. Of course I have done that before, especially when I was sick-just don't feel like eating sometimes. And WTG on finishing your 21 days! :carrot: :bravo:

jules1216
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Cristi--I was thinking the same thing. When I was drinking 3-4 Cokes a day my calories were alot higher I am sure. I remember doing WW and I was allotted 20 some points a day and a 12 oz Coke was like 5 points.

Way to go on your water habit!!!

Katy--you are my hero!!

Marti
01-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Uh....did I say I would start this Monday???:o

Let's try for next Monday. TOO many things going on around me to concentrate on the things I should be concentrating on....such as me!

Anyway....you're all doing fantastic!! I PROMISE, I will start this soon.

jules1216
01-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Day 2
Calories 1164
Water 5 - 16.9 bottles - 84.50 oz

RosieKate
01-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Day 2
2000 cals
8 glasses of water

FrouFrou
01-26-2006, 06:20 PM
even though I will have another bottle of water while I cook. It actually is becoming a habit. I had 7 bottles yesterday and I do think that was a first!

WTG ladies on day 2! :carrot:

jules1216
01-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Katy--you are so consitantly good!!

Cristi- I couldn't believe how easy the water thing got--you are actually thirsty for water and that's what you reach for.

Marti--saving $ for an elliptical--good luck on your gazelle. There are long halls at my office too--somedays it would be interesting to have a pedometer.

jules1216
01-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Oh i forgot...
1205 calories
4 16.9 Dasani's & an unsweetened Ice tea at lunch that I sweetened with Sweet-n-low.

RosieKate
01-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Day 3
1715 cals
9 water

FrouFrou
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Good job ladies! :bravo:

RosieKate
01-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Day 4
1825 cals
11 water glug glug

FrouFrou
01-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Today is day 14 for me! :carrot: Gettin' that water (& vitamins) down! Now to work on the walking! :tread:

RosieKate
01-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Day 5 1920 cals
15 water
Day 6 1909 cals 10 water

I weighed in today at 180, so lost 4 pounds in January...I've been bouncing back and forth between 180 and 185 for months, so next month will be key for me to bust through this stubborn plateau. :fingerscrossed:

RosieKate
02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
1695 cals
8 water

Daily avg: 1770 ( last 7 days)

I'm glad I'm keeping track, some days it feels like I eat too much...but I can look back on my recordkeeping to get a better idea of what's going on, then I don't get too hard on myself.

FrouFrou
02-01-2006, 01:57 PM
today is day 16 and I am going to go ahead and say it is done! I have one bottle of water to get down and it will be no problemo! Will probably have 2 or 3 more because I have to have water when I walk, so...onward!

jules1216
02-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I am going to have to start Day 1 again. I've been sick with the stomach flu--did lose another pound, but not in a good way :(!

RosieKate
02-02-2006, 08:41 AM
1840 cals
10 glasses of water

FrouFrou
02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
and I am off to a slow start. But...I will get the water down for sure by the end of the day. Yesterday I ended up drinking 6 bottles! That is good for me! :carrot:

JULES...hope you are feeling better now. And wtg on the loss, even though it was due to illness. Not the best way to get it off, but a loss nonetheless. Get well soon :hug:

KATY...you are just movin' right along and doing GREAT! :cheer:

I started my walking & exercise Monday morning but won't include that in a challenge. Monday, I am going to start the WATP book again. I did it before with good results so thought I would buy another book and do it again.

Have a good day ladies!

RosieKate
02-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Day 9
1985 cals
10 water

RosieKate
02-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey we're back!

It was weird not being able to post yesterday.
Anywhay, I have to start over. Friday i blew it on water big time, and on calories a little. I took yesterday off, so I am starting over today.

Goal - minimum 8 glasses of water a day
-track calories, don't go over 2000;; daily avg around 1800

Lent is coming up, I am thinking of giving up sugar.

RosieKate
02-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Day 1
1956 cals
8 water

FrouFrou
02-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I actually made it to day 21! I will finish it as I have 1/2 the water down as it stands right now and my vitamins have been taken so 2 bottles of water is a piece of cake.

Starting a new challenge, a walking challenge and today is day 1. I am doing the WATP book again and it is a 6 week walking diet so...of course Sunday is always a free day.

Katy...wish I could give up the sugar! That was a big problem for me this week.

RosieKate
02-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Day 2
1855 cals
8 water

RosieKate
02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Catching up....

Day 3
1600 cals
8 water

Day 4 2000 cals
10 water

RosieKate
02-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Day 5 1890 cals

10 water

luckycharm
02-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Day 1 eating breakfast and working out on the eliptical trainer.

RosieKate
02-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Ok - I'm back and need a new challenge as I wiped out twice on my last one.

So...today I weigh in at 179

I am going to do a no alcohol/no sugar challenge. Will check back tomorrow. Must not eat cookies, must not eat cookies

FrouFrou
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm with ya there Katy! I too wiped out! :yikes: But I am starting over Monday. Kind of got side tracked and totally stressed over things and just went crazy! Not too mention a visit from TOM. That damn TOM! Haven't had one since October and I was rather enjoying it. I know that's no excuse :nono: I'm trying to re-focus and get back on track-I HAVE to! But I won't be doing the challenge. Challenges never work for me. I did the water challenge for the 21 days and did good. But as soon as the challenge was over-no water! I have probably had 4 bottles of water total since the end of that challenge. So, just going back to doing what I was doing before. I will still aim for the 4 bottles but if I only drink two then that is better than none so I will call it good. Water or no water...I am getting back to my walking. The scales are slowly going back up, of course some of that could have been from TOM-we'll see. I refuse to gain back what I've lost! So, HAPPY CHALLENGE everyone!

Oh, KATY...you mentioned cookies...just when I went to the grocery store and bought "good" food, V brought home girl scout cookies! Ugh! I'm so out of control, HELP!

RosieKate
02-18-2006, 03:33 PM
I know you will do a great job wth your goals, Cristi! We'll miss you here at the challenge, but I know how it is.

I finished Day one...wahoo

Is anyone else doing a 21 day challenge? Don't wanna be here all by my lonesome.....

FrouFrou
02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Thank you Katy :thanks: WTG on finishing Day! :carrot:

RosieKate
02-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Cristi

I'll check back now and then, but if no one else is doing a challenge, I won't post. So far, I'm staying on plan and keeping track on my own just fine.

I started tracking food and exercise on s-people website, and that's a pretty user friendly place, I must say.

LatinaPrincess1
02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I think my challage is going to be ......8 glasses of water a day. I'm # 2 right now. How do u get your wieght tracker on the bottom of you post?

RosieKate
02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
HI LP - guess it's you and me
my challenge is no sugar/no alcohol and I am on day 5.

I think the weight tracker on y shows up in your first post...but I can't remember if it's your first post of the day, or the first post on the page.....yeesh - the memory is going

Anyway - welcome to the challenge thread!

Katy