Support Groups - Together we can lose it all!! I need to lose 120 lbs.

Entrise
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm 32 5 ft. 4 in., 275 lbs., and tired of the extra weight. I need to lose 120 lbs. and would love to find a buddy with similar goals so we can do this together. I belive that together we can lose it all.:hug:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/yinyang02/lb/275/155/275/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

luckyducky
01-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi,
I am 42 yrs old, 5' 3" and I need to loose as much as you, I am not going to try to use that big of a goal though, it is too intimidating, I am just going to try to chnage my lifestyle. I was wondering if you would be willing to buddy up with me and we can encourage and support each other and everyone else who wants it. This is my first time posting on here so it is a little scary to me to admit to so much weight. I have not done that to anyone before, including my doctor ( I know he sees my weight right there on the chart , but it isn't like admitting it to anyone). I have tried them all, WW, Tops, Slimfast, Meridia,Southbeach,grapefruit, Scarsdale (anyone here old enough to remember that?) something like optifast when I was a young teen,yucky tasting powder you mixed with ice and milk, oh yeah, AND hypnosis. I definitely need a friend! Hope someone out there has time for me!

enlightened
01-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi! I'm 30 yrs old, also 5'4" and have the same to lose!! I need to get healthy for myself and my family.
The most I have lost before is about 40 lbs(+exercise ++water). I also lost 25 lbs (Atkins), 10 lbs (WW) Each time I gained it back:mad: I think a big issue with me is exercise. I need to MOVE!!! Maybe we can get some motivation from each other!!:)

Good luck to you!!

delaina25
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm 31, 5'4 and 385. I need to lose 205 lbs, but right now losing 10-15 by the end of January is looking pretty good. I'll be a buddy if someone still needs one!:grouphug:

fatfalling
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Im 30, 5'2 and want to lose about 135 lbs...right here with you...

teacherbarbie
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Well I'm right with you all- I am 44 years old and have lost 25 lbs since September. I'm doing WW Flex plan. I want to lose 100 lbs total-so I'm on my way! We can all do this- one pound at a time! :hug:

Arian
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm with ya! I'm 5ft 4, got some weight to loose. Let's loose it together!

luckyducky
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
ok folks, I got up at 5 bells this morning and did that first one mile video "walk away the pounds" I sweated like a pig just doing a mile of marching in place, but, honey did It FEEL GOOD! In fact, it felt so good, I popped in one of my bellydance videos,( totally funny but, hey, I FELT sensual!) And, there is no one to see me!;)
Let's keep each other motivated! Please! I'm there for someone!

sthrnlass
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm 36, 5 foot 4 inches and weigh in at 272.25 as of 9 am today. My goal is to reach 170 and then take another look. You know see how it feels for awhile. Would love to have someone to motivate and be motivated by. This is my first post and I would love to know how y'all get those signatures at the bottom of you posts. So very cute.

maysmav
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Welcome to all of you! I am new here too-only been registered for a few days. I've already found so much inspiration. This is a great place to be. The motivation here is wonderful.
I look forward to getting to know you guys. See you around.
Teri
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/301.5/160/295.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

gb2gm
01-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi! I am 37 mother of a 5 yo & 2 yo with an extra 110lbs on my frame. Would love to lose 50 of it by our Disney trip in May. Looking forward to meeting people in the same boat (although I'm afraid if I get in a boat I may sink it :joker: ).

fatfalling
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Looks like we have a support group going now!!

Lets keep it up guys!

fatfalling
01-04-2006, 06:30 PM
WOOT!

Another two pounds gone!! Down by four....sticking to around 1500-1800 cals and NO SODA! Like I said before, I drank over 4 or 5 sodas a day! Just cutting back my intake of calories and cutting out the soda (which I am finding easier than I thought!) has helped me lose...

My downfall is my parents who I currently am living with till I get my second bachelors next spring. They are HUGE enablers. I also have a 9 year old that I am trying to push into eating healthier, however, my mother is of the generation that thinks all kids need sweets.

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 07:03 PM
My names Barbara and I'm 49 years old, grandmother of 3. I started LA Weight Loss this Monday and am excited this is my third day and I'm still sticking with the plan. I have a ways to go, but I'm determined this time to make it happen.

sthrnlass you asked how people get the signatures at the bottom of their posts. I noticed when I click on your name you have your scale on there. When you set your scale up it gives you a link address you need to take that and copy it into your signature. I just joined this site last week, but have been clicking things and trying things out to see how they work. I'm sure the people that have been on here much longer can share more with you.

Omegavee
01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I am 37, 6'1 and would like to lost about140 lbs.
It looks like you and I are in the same boat. If you want a buddy I would be glad to lose with you. I would like to encourage someone and have someone encourage me as well.

Arian
01-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Well, I've done two days at the gym this week, and even though I had chinese food last night, I made sure that I ate only till I was full, and I have enough for 2-3 more meals! (That is unless my bf decides to eat it ^.^)

Libby1972
01-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I have 61 lbs to lose and I haven't lost anything in almost a month. I am at a bit of a stand still. Of course gaining a pound of fat and 2 lbs of water during Christmas didn't help, but I lost a lot of weight in the first two months and since then....ZIP. I am starting to get a bit discouraged, but I know I'll get over the hump.

I started working out on 12/30 and have worked out 3 times since then. I bought an elliptical and I have a lifetime membership to Bally's that I've had for 12 years and I have barely used it over the past 8 years. SHAME on me! I know that the work outs and strength training will help me start to move the weight. I really don't care how long it takes me to lose. My main objective is being healthy. I have a history of stroke, heart attack and diabetes in my family and I want to beat the odds. There is also a history of obesity in the women in my family. I am going to beat those odds too. I am currently obese and my goal is to get to a normal BMI by the time I'm 35. I'll be 34 in June. I've allowed myself a decent window. I also want to have another baby by my 36th bday. Having the extra weight off will be great for that as well. I have a lot of toning to do also, because I sag a lot. I have dropped 18 lbs since October 10th and I'm happy about that. It's a lifestyle change that I needed and I love it. I do not ever feel like I'm on a diet. I just eat well and all of the things I need in a day I eat. Including fat. Good fats. I keep my saturated fats below 10% of my daily caloric intake.

Once I reach my goal, I will have lost 79 lbs. I think that will be great. I have set two mini goals for myself that are completely within reason. I have the support of my husband (who can eat anything he wants and never gain weight) and my co-workers. Who are joining me in my quest. Although they all appear to be "crash dieting", which is a road I have been down too many times and never seem to reach the end of the road, so I won't go there.

Since I've changed the way I eat and have lost some weight, I feel INCREDIBLE. I have boundless energy. My one down fall is I seem to be weighing myself TOO much. I have asked my hubby to hide the scale and only bring it out every couple of weeks. :) We'll see if that works.:carrot:

Hang in there girls. Together we will get over this hump.

Ravisa
01-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi! I am 37 mother of a 5 yo & 2 yo with an extra 110lbs on my frame. Would love to lose 50 of it by our Disney trip in May. Looking forward to meeting people in the same boat (although I'm afraid if I get in a boat I may sink it :joker: ).

Very funny, gb2gm! I went to Disney World last summer, and I would have loved to have been 50 lbs lighter!

I'm 31, 5'9", and weigh 243. I guess I need to get to about 150? For me to think that far off is overwhelming. For now, I'd like to shoot for under 200, how about that?

I've tried several different diets (fat people know how to lose weight, right?). My most successful regime was Atkins and exercise. I lost 40 pounds. Then gained it all back.

Kiwifruit
01-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Ohhh me too -- can I join in. I'm all the way over here in New Zealand frantically trying to lose 30 kilos (I'm gonna have to learn to convert for y'all) around 60 pounds I think?? :dizzy:

I'm an at home Mum with two girls aged 6 and 3 yrs. So finding time for myself is a struggle sometimes and the pantry is so good at calling my name - but, you know what --- I'm so sick of making the same New Years Resolution that this year I will have to stick with it and get this weight off once and for all. :carrot: - maybe I should start dancing like this carrot guy!!

carriehalsne
01-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Im new to this site and i think it is GREAT! I am currently 316 pounds and my goal is 160...I know it will take a long time but thats ok, I am ready to do it! Im 25 years old and just got married in December. I am looking for a buddy or 2 or 3...to help keep each other motivated. I love this site but I am also looking for someone to email one on one to share our ups/downs for the day. Hope there is somenoe out there with a similar goal!!!! :)

luckyducky
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok, day 3, worked out every day in the morning so far only 18 more days to go and this exersize thing is a habit in the bag!!!! I have been excited to get up in the morning to exersize, hopefully, this continues for a while anyway.... I have not been good at work this day though, will work more on that tommorrow. What a great group of peeps we have here! Let's stay positive!!!! AND motivated!!!!! Whatever it takes!!!!

luckyducky
01-07-2006, 02:59 AM
ok day 4 once again, got up early and did the Walk Away the Pounds video 1 mile, and then,........ BELLYDANCED!!!! heee heee! ok, so it wasn't pretty but, at least it kept me moving AND I had this secret smile all day knowing that I was pretneding to be "sensual" this morning!!!
I don't want to lose this thread, it is my motivator!! only 18 more days til 21!!!!!!!

Ravisa
01-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Keep it up, Lucky! I need to get back into the exercise routine, too. I went on my treadmill for 14 minutes yesterday. That's it. Pretty sad. But I hope to change that!

I've heard a lot about WATP. Is this a newer program? Do you like it?

You're doing great, keep it up!

luckyducky
01-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!
Even got up this Saturday morning and did the 1 mile WATP, the Richard Simmons Tonin Uptown!!!!! Feels so wonderful and only 16 more days to go and this is a habit!!!!! Anyone else trying this 21 day habit making trial? I will try to keep you updated here on this thread as to my progress, I know the weekends for me are going to be a challenge, because I like to sleep in...( till 7 bells anyway!:) Please stay motivated you all and feel free to add me toyour msn messenger list if you like!! I will try to stay this positive, but, motivation comes from all people and we are in this together, for the long haul if need be!!!!!

luckyducky
01-07-2006, 11:22 AM
sorry Ravisa, didn't even pay attention to you request, WATP is a walking workout (DVD or video). There is a 1 mile, a 2 mile, and a 3 mile, and you can purchase them as a set, I lonly purchased the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds ( like 4 years ago) because I didn't know if I would like the program, but, you know, for someone as out of shape as I am... this program is great! I am alble to stick to it and not feel overwehlmed by the workout, and slwoly build my conficence and self esteem up to try other stuff. I freely admit to owning several Richard Simmons tapes also. He is terrific, he actually makes you feel as if he REALLY does care about what happens to you, now, this could ACTUALLY be the case, or he is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen.!!!:0 I highly recommend anyone who is reading this and contemplating doing something like moving your body to try one of these tapes! ( or DVD) You can only get better and stronger!!!!!

luckyducky
01-07-2006, 11:24 AM
now, if only to work on my typing skills or use spell check!!!

fatfalling
01-08-2006, 01:41 AM
we had season passes to six flags last year...I felt so bad because I had to make my mom go on all the rides with my daughter because I was afraid the straps wouldn't fit and I would embarass myself and my kid...so I just sat out...the designated bag carrier...

HadEnough
01-08-2006, 12:59 PM
I too have over 100 to lose. I'm here for you. LuckyDucky, where are you in MN-I am here too!! We can do it if we stick together!

TiredOfMyFat
01-08-2006, 01:33 PM
:carrot: Hi everyone.
I started my diet September 1st and have lost 31 pounds. I want to loose another 40 by May. My diet consists of just portion control. I cannot give up my steak, but I never eat a piece of meat bigger than my closed fist. Also I eat alot of special-k products. I am on my way, but cant wait till I get there.
By for now.

luckyducky
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok day 6!!!!!! Did 1 mile of Walk Away the Pounds video including dodging dogs, and child! ( wonder if this counts for extra pounds lost???) Isn't it funny how as soon as you try something that you really need to concentrate on, eveyone wants your undivided attention? I also did Richard Simmons Tonin Downtown!!! I am hot and sweaty and gettin cold but, had to post! I only have 2 weeks and one day and this exercise thing is a habit!!!! Yeah!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

sehh
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/slider-cow/lb/212/155/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)
I am on week 5 and down 5 lbs. I am trying to get more motivated to get into exercise. Long term goal is 52 lbs. away!

activeadventurer
01-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey girls,

We have a little Minnesota thing going here. I am from Minneapolis and I think there are more people in this forum from MN then I have met since I began posting in August. I am working on restarting my regular exercise habit.

Have fun!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Denise

poohbear65
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I am 40, 5'2" and would love to lose the extra 130 lbs I am carrying around. I am mom to 2 young girls 3 and 5. I just started back to the gym after a 2 month break and seriously need something. I have been on and off every diet in the book for yrs (WW, South Beach, 3 hr diet, zone) and now am looking into Sonoma, but have not yet bought the book, but am leaning towards trying this. I am up for a bunch of buddies as I know this will be a long haul. Why is it that the wt comes on so much faster than it comes off???
Anyway, thanks for reading this long winded post and look forward to the many months ahead with all of you.

Mextex
01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi there everyone ! I am a single mom 34 years young and I have 4 boys. I have been overweight since I was 14 and no matter what I do I find no success. I do the whole "maybe if i starve myself it will fall off" yeah right! :( I have always been one to exercise and have the muscles of an ox. :o So, what Im needing is an online buddy to talk with me or support me as i would be more than willing to do for them.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/0/100/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php) I have a goal and I intend to meet at least half of it by December 31,2006:^:

Arian
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
1.5 lbs of holiday weight to down, 1.5 more to go. Aiming for 5 days at the gym this week! Let's see if I can do this! ^.^

Nori71
01-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm hoping I can join you all here - it's looks like a very nice group.

I joined this forum a couple months ago, after seeing a ticker from 3FC's on another site I go to. I didn't start getting serious about getting healthy until a few days ago. My start weight was 263 and this morning I weighed in at 261. Yipee!

I have 2 young children (oldest turned 2 last month and youngest is almost 9 months), I'm 34 years old, 5'7, 261 pounds, size 20. My long term goal weight is 160. Haven't seen that in years...on the way up. 7 years ago I weighed 285 and in about 8 months got down to 172/size 10 (too fast, I know and I've learned)...anyways, I've been quite upset and depressed that I've let myself go again. My youngest baby had severe colic and failure to thrive for her first 4 months and I really let go...quit working out and started comfort eating...and have gained 30 pounds SINCE she was born in April. But now I've decided to get healthy for myself and for my girls.

Since last Wednesday I've exercised every day, am sticking as close to the Zone Diet as I can, and am not eating after 8pm. I really feel good when I balance protein/carbs/fat at each meal and snack. I have no "deadline" for getting to my goal weight; and it very well could be awhile. I/We do want another baby but do not want to get pregnant while "obese" again, but a pregnancy might be happening before I actually hit 160 because of my age. For whatever reason it is easier for me to be healthy and exercise when I'm pregnant; I gained 14 and 18 pounds with each pregnancy, so hopefully when I'm smaller that will be the same.

My baby just woke up, so I gotta run. Anyways, I plan to weigh myself every Monday and check in here periodically to give and get support, if that's OK. I really need some accountability and support.

ophelia783
01-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm new here (as in signed up a couple of hours ago:o ), and I'm excited to be here!!!

I'm 22, 5'6" and 270 lbs. I'd like to lose 100 lbs., and then re-evaluate where I want/need to be, so it looks like I fit right in here. No technical diet plan, just watching calories and such, and starting to work out. I've been big my whole life, and done almost every diet plan, as well as going to Camp Shane twice, and several gyms. I'm set to be married in August of 2008; my FH is supportive of me no matter what (he had gone from 300 lbs. to 230 lbs. soon before we met), and only know me at this size. However, it'd be nice to have more choices in terms of wedding dresses!

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you ladies! :carrot:

Nori71
01-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Good Morning Ladies! Hope this week is starting well for you all. We know it is for Arian. Way to go on the weight loss! I need to get a name list of the group, so I get familiar with names to start with! BTW - I'm Nori.

Ophelia783 - Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm of the same mindset - that "diets" don't work for me - in the end I know only a lifestyle change will work - not something that I "start" and then "ends". My Mom followed the Zone Diet a few years ago and it worked well for her and she has just continued eating a balanced diet (Which is the Zone) - so I'm trying to follow that since it's something that you can live on forever. That's great that your FH is supportive of you. Period! My DH is the same. Before me met he weighed as much as 310, but since we got married in 1999 he's bounced between 190-210. I feel very lucky to have a man who loves me and is attracted to me even when I feel like I shouldn't have any friends because I am so fat.

So my goal today is to have a sugar-free day. Since the holidays I've been in a sugar rut. It's been better this past week, but still I haven't been able to keep away from all of it. Yesterday I ate 4-5 hard candies - just an empty 120 calories. Guess that means it needs to get tossed out! Yep!

Anyways, off to the gym this morning.

-Nori

luckyducky
01-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Way to go all who have come here looking for support! This appears to be the place to be! I am currently on day 8 of my 21 day "make it a habit" exercise plan. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I am so motivated right now ( these are the key words... right now) I know I will need motivation later one though, I encourage all of you, GET OUT and MOVE!!!! It feels great! I haven't moved for about 15 years, but, it is MY time NOW!!!! LOOK OUT WORLD! Ducky has arrived! keep on posting folks, I love to read about you all!

enlightened
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Well it has been over a week and 6 lbs gone!!! I know not to expect this much all the time, tho!! I seem to loose a lot the first week or two, then slow down.
I'm still having an issue with chocolate.....i've had about 4 truffles today!:o (left from xmas)
Any good sugar-free chocolate out there someone can recommend?? I know I won't be able to go without, so if I can find a substitute i'll be ok!!:p
Well gonna go get my but moving for a while!
Good luck every one!!:carrot:

Nori71
01-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Wow Enlightened! That's great for your first week! Re: Sugar-Free stuff - it really isn't worth the calories to me. I'd rather plan and eat the real stuff. I haven't tried any SF candy in a while though and I do like the pop with Splenda in it, so if I saw any made with Splenda I might try it. I think if you are a chocolate freak (I AM), MODERATION in the thing to learn. I remember when I was in a good groove a few years back I could leave it or take it. I refused to label any foods as "BAD" foods that I will not allow myself to eat...and amazingly enough once I did that the cravings and binges stopped after a fairly short time of being firm with myself (like less than 2 weeks). I'm looking forward to getting to that place this time now and staying there. I'm in my first sugar free day since like November today!! (I have a headache!) I remember that a few years back I could take a reasonable amount of whatever food item I really like and just enjoy 1 oz or corn chips, or 1 miniture candy bar, or 5 crackers...a goal for me to work towards now.

LuckyDucky is our cheerleader!!! I love your MOTIVATED posts!

eloisecat
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh, this sounds like a good group...can I join you? I'm doing WW (again...). I joined end of March, 2005, and have really struggled but am sticking with it. I am feeling resolute! :cool: I've lost 19 lbs., the most recent 4.8 lb. loss thanks to bronchitis! I'm aiming to get down to 150 from a high of 238 (yikes) and have gotten my brain wrapped around the idea that it's going to take a while...probably 3 years. But maybe if I do it slowly, I'll keep it off this time.

Nori71
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
...gotten my brain wrapped around the idea that it's going to take a while...probably 3 years. But maybe if I do it slowly, I'll keep it off this time.This is where I'm at also...FINALLY! I've finally acknowledeged and understood that I need to make a lifestyle change and not start another diet. I've been fat for years and it may take years to get fit. Anyways, welcome! Hopefully many of us are here for the long haul and can stick together to hlep eachother out.

jtjk
01-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi there,
My name is Tina and I am new to this site. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 234 pounds. I have a goal of losing 84 pounds to be at 150 pounds. I would love to have be a buddy to many and have many buddies. I think lots of support is one of the keys to success. Hope to hear from ya'll soon.

Nori71
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Welcome Tina!

I'm not usually up this early, but my 2 year old is potty training (including nighttime) and woke up at 6 to use the bathroom. That's a great thing, I like it when her diaper is dry in the morning, but we can usually sleep until 8-9!! Guess we'll make it to the gym when the childcare room opens up!

What does everyone eat for breakfast? I'm on roll with 1/2c. yogurt and 1/2c. Kashi cereal recently + an egg.

Hopefully others will find us over here. Maybe on a new thread we can edit the name of this thread? To just "Together We Can Lose It All"? Or something else catchy/cute!

Nori71
01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone here today?;)

Lill
01-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I just signed up a few minutes ago basically. I really need to have someone to account to. I moved to southern Calif. and left eveyone I know and love behind. Except my husband and kids, of course. One of my older kids is getting married in a year and I really need to do something as I feel like I would embarrass her eventhough she says I don't. So any way, I would appreciate any help and encouragement. I have tried just about every diet out there and have lost 20 lbs by going to T.O.P.S. I regained 10 lbs during the holidays otherwise it would have been 30! Now I could kick myself.

Lill

Nori71
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I regained 10 lbs during the holidays otherwise it would have been 30! Now I could kick myself.

LillHi Lill! Welcome! I know so well about those disgusted feelings we get after letting go...but it's in the past and someday we WILL learn from our mistakes and being/eating healthy will become more natural for us instead of giving into cravings and urges. I have 2 young daughters (2y and 9m) and I do not want to be the 'fat mom' that they are embarrassed of or who cannot be active with them. (Although as we get older those ideas change...so I believe your daughter when she says that you don't embarrass her.)

luckyducky
01-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Welcome, welcome to all newcomers here!!!!! I was naughty today in 2 ways, I stepped on the scale ( I am only trying to check my weight once per week), and I munched out on "bad for me stuff" and not even in moderation!!! *slaps wrist* I DID however get up and do my Day 9 of working out in the morning!!! Yeah for me! I only hope I can stop the mindless binging at work! ( there is always so much food there! And of course, none of it is good for you!)But, I WILL keep on keeping on!!!!!! only a couple more days to go for this week of working out!!!!! Wooooohoooooo!

IWILLDOTHIS
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I TOO NEED TO LOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT. WE CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS.
MY HUSBAND AND I GO TO THE Y TOGETHER BUT GOT AWAY FROM IT AROUND CHRISTMAS. I JUST NEED LOTS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. i'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. I WILL DO THIS 1 DAY AT A TIME.

Nori71
01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone!

IWILLDOTHIS - Welcome! 1 day at a time...that's how we'll do it.

LuckyDucky - I remember when I worked (now I'm a SAHM) all the junk that would just be laying around all frickin' day. I worked in a Pediatric office so Drug Reps were bringing "snacks" - mostly junk food, chocolate and lattes almost every day. It was hard. Do you have someone you can buddy up with at work? That helped.

I went ahead and weighed in this morning since it's been a week now since I started. I worked out everyday so far and lost 4 pounds. I'm actually switching to weighing in on Mondays, so that way I cannot fudge up on the weekends without it showing up!

luckyducky
01-12-2006, 11:33 PM
well, this mom got to stay home today, WITH PINK EYE no less!!!!!! I did get up and do my WATP 1 mile and Tonin Downtown with RS! That was before I noticed that I wouldn't be going to work today:( I am happy to have gotten my exercise in though!!!! It IS hard at work, mostly because of the people I work with, most of them are very unhappy, and I find myself binging and eating emotionally because of the upset and frustration I feel from there, I WISH" there was someon at work I could trust who would understand.... This is why I am delighted to have found this site!! I WANT to post on here to tell the world YES!!! I am changing!!!! You folks are my accountability, 1. because I HAVE to have someone or something to be accountable to, and 2. you can understand the joy of small triumphs 3. I might be able to motivate someone else to get up and move! Doesn't have to much, just to make a small difference in someone's life means so much! Hence, if y'all don't mind I will continue to let you know of my 21 day "make it a habit" adventure!

ejb180
01-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey gang,

My goal is about 120. I think I have done well lately. I am trying to keep y calories between 1200 and 1500. I have gone over 1 day (about 1700) otherwise I am doing well.

I stocked my office with helathy alternatives to the typically junk which can be found through the office. I also have been doing really good about taking in my lunch and not just picking up something quick (and typically high in fat and calories).

Hope everyone is doing well.

E

Nori71
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
LuckyDucky - hope your dc gets over pink eye soon. Ick. Sounds like you are doing great!!! Are you tracking your progress? I cannot see tickers.

Hi Erin - You're doing fantastic as well! Congrats! I think having 1 day a week a little higher calories actually helps me loose? Thoughts, anyone? BTW - how tall are you? I put 160 as my goal here, but when it comes down to it, it might be a little less actually - like 150-155. I'm 5'7".

So, I woke up early this morning before my 2 DDdid and I'm all ready to get them dressed and go to the gym. Olivia just turned 2 in November and she LOVES going to "Pay" (play) at the gym while I work out. Melina in 9 months and she's easy to tote around aywhere still!

Have a good day, ladies!

luckyducky
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for asking Momto2, I don't have any ticker yet, I am kinda computer illiterate, and haven't teken the time to find out how to put one up. That said, I am all better from the pink eye, but, today, I have lony don'e 1 mile WATP .... so far... I havn'et decided if I am motivated enough to do something else this evening.... I think I need some motivation RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Nori71
01-14-2006, 02:37 PM
This thread seems to be grinding down. Hope everyone has just found their little niche. It was hard for me the first few days to find my way around here. I've been handing out in the 100 lb. club - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55 - and it's been a good fit for me. I'm off to the gym now. Yesterdays workout kinda flopped. After only 30 minutes I was called into the kid's room. My 2 year old needed to use the bathroom and when my 9 month old saw me she had a melt-down. So I left... Gotta make up for it today.

luckyducky
01-15-2006, 01:09 AM
I too, have slacked off the past 2 days, no time! I have been staying up too late at night (like now...) and not able to get the hour workout in... I still am committed to my 21 day "make it a habit" thing though, and I have done WATP 1 mile each day anyway... So yeah for me!!! I hope you all are still staying successful with whatever your goal is also!

ejb180
01-15-2006, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=MomTo2SweetPeas]

Hi Erin - You're doing fantastic as well! Congrats! I think having 1 day a week a little higher calories actually helps me loose? Thoughts, anyone? BTW - how tall are you? I put 160 as my goal here, but when it comes down to it, it might be a little less actually - like 150-155. I'm 5'7".
QUOTE]

I am 5'7 as well. 180 is my end of year goal. I think once I meet that I will start another goal of 150. One reason the 180 goal is in my head, I think is I honestly can not remember the last time I was under 200 - it would probably be in the middle school. In college when I lost weight I believe the losest I got was 205.

I hope everyone else is doing well. There has been a lot going on this weekend, but I was able to squeeze in some exercise. I also putsoe exercise dvds on my netflix list so hopefully that will getmy going a bit more (trying the new tapes).

I did get a bit moreincentive this weekend - the date of one of three wedding we will have to attend this year - it is in July and in Florida. So I think that will keep me on track.

Take care & good luck gang - Erin

Nori71
01-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi Erin - Weddings do work as incentive! One of my sisters is getting married in October, and while I'm not doing this for "her wedding", it does give an extra push! I think I can be around 180 by then. And where we are coming from 180 is SEXY!!! Ok, my baby just started crying. I'll cbl. Hi LuckyDuck also!

saskbabe
01-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi all. i just joined the site. i had origionally joined it about 7 years ago, boy has it changed since then! i am a sahm of three who runs a home daycare. I have been working seriously on myself over the last little while. i joined WW again and purchased a Tony little Gazelle (love it) I like the thread so far. i could really use the support. Are people going to hang around here for a while or post other places? I am Canadian any other Canadians?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/slider-cheer/lb/287.2/151.2/287.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

ejb180
01-15-2006, 11:32 PM
OK, I am now looking at the places to stay for the JUly wedding. I can not wait FLORISA - I love warm, hot and it beats the cold winter I am dealing with now. Bathing suits and new dresses what else do I need for motivation and of course I have awesome support on this site.

SASKEBABE - welcome. I typically post on a few threads. I think you will find the support you need here. GOod luck - we can do this -

luckyducky
01-15-2006, 11:41 PM
ack!!!!!!
Help me Rhonda, or anyone else out there! Today, Sunday I have lost my motivation!!!!!!!! I haven't workout yet!!!! it is almost 10:00 pm! I have found sundays to be my worstest day, no movtivation, eating bad things, sleeping all day.... what to do?!

saskbabe
01-16-2006, 12:27 AM
you can't stop now! I just joined today and found your posts so inspiring! A habit is forming, just don't let the feeling of guilt get in the way. Don't wait for inspiration, just do it. The desire will come later, just go throught the motions now. you can do it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/bee01/lb/287.2/151.2/287.7/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

ejb180
01-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Lucky duck - you can do it. I know it is hard to get up sometimes, but just walk in plave well you are watching some tv. Another option is to walk the steps a few times to get you started. You do not want to sit out on the weekends because sometimes the weekdays do not allow us to get up and work out as much as we would like - good lucka nd just remember you can do this.

Nori71
01-16-2006, 02:24 AM
LuckyDuck - Tomorrow is a new day. I hate RUTS though. I prefer GROOVES! Honestly, Sundays are my worst day for being lazy also. It's a habit. To not do anything I don't HAVE to do. It is something I want to change, but haven't managed all the time yet. I was feeling guilty tonight because it's the first day I haven't worked out in 11 days now. I only did ab work. Anyways, it's OK to take a day off from working out. Don't give up - what's 1 day in the scheme of our whole lives?

Welcome Saskbabe!! I'm going to continue posting here. I also post in the 100 lb club, but not in a specific "Buddy Group" like this.

Woohoo Florida, Erin!!! I've only been there 1 time and it was at Christmastime. It was still lovely. Even on the beach.

My 9month old seems to be catching a cold, so if her snot is green tomorrow there's no gym for me. I really dislike working out at home. Probably because my 2 year old will not leave me alone!

Nori71
01-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Saskbabe - where in Canada do you live? I've only been to BC - but have 2 cousins who married Canadians and live in Toronto area.

luckyducky
01-16-2006, 09:18 PM
ok kids, time to get serious again, I got called into work 30 minutes before I was due to get up and work out, so now I have to work out in the evening again! Doesn't it always figure, work HAS to get in the way of my fun? That's what they say though, "work is the curse of the drinking class!" Anyway, how is everyone doing? I KNOW weekends are my downfall... I just have to get over that and move on, good to hear there are so many people still reading this thread. Went looking for more workout videos this weekend, and all I could find are Pilates stuff, not interested.... Anyone have any suggestions? Keep up the great work you all! BTW, stepped on the scale today ,and YUP, 3 lb gone! Now, for me that is like peeing on a gas fire, but, it is a start.... Hooray!

Nori71
01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Lucky Ducky - Congrats on the weight loss! I just did Walk Of The Pounds 3 mile and it's great! You will feel the burn. I detest working out at home...but kiddos are sick...and gym's kid room has a "no green snot" policy. I was putting it off...thinking I wouldn't like it...but it was great. I think you already have it though? I also have Billy Blanks Tae Bo - it's hard though. I like Kathy Smith - the Kickboxing and the Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning. I probably will not make it to the gym this week, so I'm reconciled with doing these at home. Although I ended up doing the last mile today holding Melina! Extra calories burned, right?!

saskbabe
01-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I am in Saskatchewan, but an origionally from Nova Scotia

saskbabe
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I weighted in a WW last night and have had a decent loss.how is everyone else?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/bee01/lb/287.2/151.2/284/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

luckyducky
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Wooo hooooo!!!!! Just a quick note before work, ok you folks, let's get out there and get moving! If I can do this, anyone can! I am sooo very motivated rightnow, and I am almost at my 21 day challenge! only 3 more days to go! Just got done doing the first mile of LS WATP, and it IS getting easier, I know how hard it is to getmoving, I have as much or more to lose than some! Just take that first step, then post on here before and after! I think you will FEEL better! I know already, I have far more energy than I did 2 and a half weeks ago! ( wow, is that all that it is?) I think I am going to challenge myself next to cut portions, I found after being able to stick to this WATP thingie, that I feel more motivated to change my eating habits as well! Hooray! Let us know how you all are doing! It means as much to me to hear about your successes (and failures) as it does to write about mine! You foks are also inspiring! Peace!

saskbabe
01-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I started doing the GAzelle workout jan.1 10 minutes every other day. Lately I have been able to do the intermediate 20 minutes. The other day as I was doing it, we passed the 10 minute mark in the video. Ususally I was sucking wind big time and just hoping to make it to there. This time I noticed I wasn't even sweating and was not out of breath! I can't believe I have come so far in such a short time. I am now going for the advanced of thirty minutes. How is everyone else doing?:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/bee01/lb/287.2/151.2/284/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

luckyducky
01-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Woooohooooo for you saskbabe!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Me? after being totally psyched up after working out this morning and being full of energy I kinda found a smalll complication.... ended up in the ER halfway thru my shift, chest tightness, it still hasn't gone away,but, EKG was terrific, and my vitals were all normal so go figure, maybe I am coming down with something, I am not looking forward to THAT bill though, and I am still very foggy from the meds they gave me to help me calm down, ( how silly of me) I sitll wish I knew what is causing this tightness within my chest, it feels like it is being squeezed, I don't know how else to explain it, this ever happen to anyone else?

Nori71
01-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Ick, Luckyducky - take it easy for awhile. Have you been lifting weights? Scary.

I too am excited about how quickly I'm getting into shape. I have only lost 7 pounds, but I can see a difference already! And my energy is way up. I fall asleep faster and wake up refreshed - great thing, considering that I'm still up at least 2 times a night feeding my baby.

Saskbaby - I feel stupid now - given your screen name I could have guessed you were from Saskatchewan!!

My total calories are OK, but I'm still taking in too much fat. Gotta change that.

Welcome Shannon! I know all about the "get married-gain weight" mystery. Where are you going on your honeymoon?

saskbabe
01-21-2006, 09:09 PM
luckyducky--panic attack???

ejb180
01-22-2006, 02:28 PM
I down into the 270s ... I know it has been at least over a year since I saw something lower than the 280 range!!!!!!!! OK it is 278 and I still have a lot more to go, but I can not tell you how good it makes me feel.

Erin

Nori71
01-22-2006, 03:10 PM
ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have lost 23 pounds this month!!!!!!! Congratulations girl! What are you doing? I hope you are eating enough.

Psychego
01-22-2006, 03:27 PM
If it gives anybody comfort, I was at 250 lbs.at my highest weight. I already lost 100 pounds in the span of 3 years. Forty pounds in 2 years, and sixty in 6 months. The last time I went to the doctor, the scale weighed me in at 264 pounds (with clothes on, and it does make a difference). I couldn't believe it. So I stick to the same scale and it tells me that I'm currently at 149 pounds. What has really helped me shed the weight? Exercise exercise exercise! I only started with 30 minutes because I knew that at 210 lbs. (my weight after the first 40 pounds off) jumping, running, and walking would be too much on my knee joints. I must say that small gradual changes do pay off. Instead of mayonaisse on my sandwich, I ask for extra honey mustard. Instead of french fries, I ask for apple dippers. I will add that Slim-fast and Special K are good meal replacements. A weight-loss of 120 pounds may seem like a long journey, but once you are close to your goal, you'll see all the positivities, probabilities, and opportunities that come with it. You'll see how worth it all is! Just stick it through.

ejb180
01-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Almost all of it is this month. I gave up all the bad for me stuff and have gone to 1600 calories a day. I actually started at 1200, but after reading and talking about it I felt it was too low of a calorie count at my current weight and my long range goal. I really started have turned up the exercise in my life. I never park close to the store. In the garage at my office building I park in the furthest corner on the floor to the entrance of the office building. I walk around the building when I get overwhelmed or frustrated at work. I am exercising with in my limits. My first goal was too high. My new goals are as follows:

- 2 pound weight loss niext week
- 30 min exercise routine a day (min) Monday through Sat
- more water

I do allow myself to give in to a craving, but will not allow any overdoing it. I wanted thai the other day so I ate half for lunch and half for dinner (when I use to eat all of it for lunch). If I go to eat out of boredom (I am starting to pick up when I am going to the pantry/fridge for the wrong reasons) I have to drink 8 oz of water and/or get on the ellipitical for 5 min. If I still want it I eat a little bit, but not as much as I would before.

I know this is an awesome start, but I am not excepting it every week/month. I would like to lose a lot before the events I have this year (especially the two weddings I have this summer), but I know there is no quick solution and the only way the pounds are going to come off is by getting my butt moving.

I really like the biggest loser workout lately. I am also doing a motown dance workout and the ellipitical. A little bit of strength training in the afternoon. I am also eating about 4 - 5 small meals. Like today. I ate some turkey mid afternoon so I will not overindulge when I go out to eat tonight.

luckyducky
01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok- Friday's episode was enough to frighten me a little, I have taken iteasy this weekend, even if it wasn't my heart, that feeling wasn't going away, now addressing a possible panic attack, I just don't know.... I wasn't feeling any more stressed than I usually am... you know, single mom, working full time ( and then some) running a household, but, I have been doing all this for almost 8 years, I personally don't think i was a panic attack, I didn't get worried until they couldn't find a cause, but, I tell you this... I am not GIVING UP! I am working out ( ok just doing the 1 mile WATP) tomorrow morning! I feel better doing this in the morning, AND I intend to add to it. I am starting to lose, and I am not quitting now! I will keep you all posted .