Support Groups - 14 Pounds by Febuary 14th

View Full Version : 14 Pounds by Febuary 14th

goalweight160
01-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyone want to join a little challenge to lose 14 lbs by Febuary 14th & chat to each other along the way?

I am a 27 years old married working professional. My husband, dog, and two cats keep me busy.

If you are looking for a challenge & friends along the way...please post!!!

magicalstasia
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I would love to join. I am 18 and I want to lose for graduation. I lost about 30lbs in between Jr. High and High School but gained some back. The who 14 by the 14th is cute!!

goalweight160
01-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Great magicalstasia!!!! I hope more will join us!

Zinnia1972
01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm just starting today and was trying to think of an attainable goal... this is a great idea!

I'm 33 and have decided that this time, it's coming off - and staying off!!!

Good luck ladies!

charliekay
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
shure i think i could attain that goal.i will try it too.count me in.

goalweight160
01-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Great, I'm excited. Zinnia1972, we have the same exact goal weight & amount of weight to lose! Welcome charliekay, you can definetly lose this weight by V-day.

So how is everyone planning on losing this weight? I've decided to reduce my calories to 1500 & I am monitoring that by using ediets free nutrition tracker & so far I think it is helping. I'm eating healthier foods & am actually starting to learn what a normal portion is. I'm feeling hungry, but I suppose that is because I am so use to eating tons of food all day long.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life wishing I would lose this stupid weight, instead I am going to lose this weight and start living my life!

Do any of you make big plans for valentine's day?

emily34
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
i with you too. i will weigh tomorrow and keep you updated daily.

SugarBean
01-02-2006, 09:50 PM
GoalWeight160 this is a great Idea and I'm so happy I stumbled upon TFC!!! I am ready for change and it is great to see others are too!! OK 14 in 14!!!
Lets do it Chicks!!!

mega_dino
01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm totally in! what a great idea. My birthday is also 3 days before Valentine's Day so that's a great gift to myself.

charliekay
01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
thanks so much 160,i appreciate the incouragement :) if i can't lose 14 pounds by then,i will run nude down the street :)

goalweight160
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Well I got up early today and worked out....I need to get rid of my big butt once and for all!!!

I've been eating healthy for 1 week now & I have to be honest, I'm a little discouraged that all that healthy eating only gave me a loss of half a pound, however, I'm sticking with it.

As they say, I didn't put this weight on overnight (although it feels like it) so I am not going to lose it overnight either!!!

Yolie
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Count me in. I am currently 145 lbs. 14lbs will put be in at 131 which is my goal weight. :D

goalweight160
01-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome Yolie!!!!

phatpanda
01-03-2006, 01:36 PM
wow! What a great idea and not TOO overwhelming yet, if I can do it I think it'll give me a BIG boost to continue on with my weight-loss journey. Too bad I don't have anyone "special" to celebrate Valentine's Day with, but either way I will be looking GOOOD:D haha

How is everyone tackling this goal? The usual good ol' eat healthy and exercise routine?

honey-dipped
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Sounds like a good challenge to me! I would love to get back down in the 170 range!

goalweight160
01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for joining our challenge Phatpanda, you can do it!

To try to reach my goal, I am going to eat no more than 1500 calories a day & work out for 20 minutes or more for 5 days a week. I've got one of those 5 days down as of this morning! Yeah!!!

charliekay
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
yep know how u feel honey dipped,i would give my right eye to be below 200 again!

RAVISMOM
01-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm in too. I'll just warn DH not to buy me choclates for Valentines Day.It be awful to give him a black eye.

+

Summersweety
01-03-2006, 02:21 PM
I'll join! Good Luck !

SW-220
GW-140

Beltyr99
01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Any challenges I can do to lose the weight I'll try. Good luck everyone!

startingoverin2006
01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Court me in. This is a great way to start for me. Ineed something to get me started.

goalweight160
01-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome everyone!!!!

Now let's start losing!

chaosqueenie22
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Im in..I have got to do something and maybe if I surround myself with people like myself I will get thru it this time. My problem is that I have no staying power, I do really good for a bit but then it all comes crashing back.
Goal for 2006..get in the groove and stick with it for years to come!!!

charliekay
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
i heard if hubby gives chocolate to hurt him,but i was thinking that if i reach my goal by v day then a one or two pieces of chocolate might be ok as a award for losing,but then again,maybe not :(

startingoverin2006
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I have started my new lifestyle of eating today. I have to do something to make myself happy for once and I am going to keep it off this time. My goal is 16lbs by Valentine's Day. Hopefully I will have a sweetheart to go with it or at least a good amle friend. My EX-finace decieved the night after Christmas that I wasn't what he wanted for the rest of his life. Oh well goodbye to old no good baggage. He will be sorry soon. Lets go and good luck to everyone.

ldodgejr
01-03-2006, 07:38 PM
My first short term goal! yeah!

emily34
01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
okay i weighed today at 209 lets see if i can loose 14 by the 14th.

w http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/tiny04/lb/209/130/209/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Robsia
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Yay - I'm in on this one. Great idea - 14 pounds in six weeks is only 2 and 1/3 pounds per week - easy easy!!

goalweight160
01-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm so happy, I have logged 10,000 steps into my pedometer today & I put the pedometer on after I did my 1 mile Leslie Sansone workout this morning!!!!

YEAHHHHH!!!!

Now hopefully some of those steps will help reduce my butt!!!

My goal is to get up tomorrow & do it all over again!:carrot:

Shrinkingchick
01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi,
I just joined and this looks like a great place to start. Feb 14 will be my 35th birthday!
I have a long way to go, so I need a mini goal to get me going :carrot:

Good luck everyone :)

candoit
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
count me in! Just the little extra motivation that will help me succeed.
I am 47 years old. Live in the midwest, engaged and have a May wedding to slim down for. Yikes! 14# by the 14th, would be a great start! :love:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/0/58/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

charliekay
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
wow,Shrinkingchick looks like we are in the same boat with our weight,my long term is 179 too even though i don't have a meter for that yet,well its my goal for now ;)

kissez05
01-03-2006, 11:42 PM
sounds good to me, im in, that would put me at 130 yay!

Figgykitty
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I am brand new to this site and would love to get in on the Valentine's Day challenge. I have no idea how to get set up yet but will figure it out and will post all my stats ASAP. I'm starting at 231 with my goal weight a long way down the road at 145. I'm excited to get started.

Shrinkingchick
01-04-2006, 12:36 AM
wow,Shrinkingchick looks like we are in the same boat with our weight,my long term is 179 too even though i don't have a meter for that yet,well its my goal for now ;)

Hi Charliekay,
Well, I was going to put 180, but 179 just looked so much nicer :D
Good luck, I know we'll get there!! :strong:

phatpanda
01-04-2006, 11:10 AM
WOW!! I am sooo excited that all of us are in this challenge! I am CONFIDENT that all of us are going to make it through too!!!! :carrot:

BTW, the tip of setting a timer for 15mins if you want to snack on something...AMAZING...I definitely suggest you try it out if you get the midday munchies...especially for something unhealthy...i really wanted to go inside starbucks yesterday, but I set the timer on my cellphone and the fact that I had to wait made me both walk by it and not consume an extra unnecessary 400 calories!!

YAY for goalweight160 on your walking!! :cheer: I definitely know you can do it again today!

I made it through my dance dvd yesterday..whew..now that I'm getting used to the steps a bit more it's definitely more of a workout rather than just staring at the instructor and trying to figure out what to do...haha

G'luck to everyone today!! :dancer:

flamejobgrrl
01-04-2006, 11:33 AM
I am also in - great, realistic challenge. I have added new tracker to show progress.

What is everyone doing to reach this goal? I am making sure calories in are less than calories out with the help of a Mio watch. Found a friend from high school to go to the gym with as soon as I make it through the ALL annoying introductory, pitch and guilt session at the gym on Thursday. Just let me workout - I know how to do it!

Good luck everyone - keep going!

Robsia
01-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I use Nutridiary (www.nutridiary.com) as a way of counting and tracking calories.

That's how i found this place actually, because a lady who posts on the (very quiet) community board there had a tracker in her sig.

goalweight160
01-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks phatpanda for the support, I dropped another pound!!!!! YEAH!!!! I AM determined to match or beat my step total from yesterday. I'm going to go outside and walk on my lunch----I don't care if it is raining outside.

Thanks phatpanda for the 15 minute snack attach trick, I'm going to use that one next time food calls!!!!!

I use ediets FREE nutrition tracker to see my calories. I love it because at anytime during the day you can pull up and view your nutritional info eaten for the day----it looks like a food label, it is soooo easy to read.

Ok, I'm off to get thin!!!!

Jasmin71
01-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok i am in !!
My first challange..YAY!

change will include drinking water before eating Dinner. And no eating after 7 op less its a veggie or fruit.

try to work out at home more....

CurvyChick
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
hello everyone i'm in with all of you !!!!!

i'm 28 years old i live in miami and my goal weight is 160 i weight right now 235lbs.

Shrinkingchick
01-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi all,
I'm just getting started here, so right now I'm focusing on eating every 2-3 hours, preferably with a little protein in every meal, avoiding sweets and shooting for 10 mins of exercise a day. I've found in the past that for me, if I plan out my food and always have a healthy snack on hand, I don't get a chance to crave anything unhealthy. I've been following this for a few days and saw a 3lb loss this morning! I know it's just the initial water weight, but still nice to see! I have a bit of a scale addiction so I'm trying to only weigh once a week. Is there a particular day that everyone weighs in here?

:strong: :dance: :goodvibes

Jasmin71
01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I dont even have a scale ,,,I got to buy one yet. I been weighing in at curves.

Guess its time to buy one huh ???hehehe

Shrinkingchick
01-04-2006, 04:53 PM
sometimes i think I would be better off if I didn't have a scale at home. It is too tempting to weigh myself a hundred times and then get mad at myself if the numbers aren't going down fast enough or even worse they go up then it really messes with my head. So one of my goals is to stay away from my scale as much as possible. Now, if I could be sure my scale always gave me good news, that would be another story......:devil: :D :goodscale

ItsHard
01-04-2006, 05:39 PM
I`ll join too thats about what I need to keep up with my goal in june

Thanx for the idea
now lets start sharing what we are going to do - this newbie needs some ideas!

ctrsara
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I have been lazy too long, and instead of LOSING weight, it has been creeping up. At the end of the year I was 162, and I am going to lose 14 by February 14th! I lost like 40 lbs several years ago using WW, (I am 23, almost 5'4) and I have returned to its principles when I need some help or I've gained a few lbs. I am loosley counting my points now (trying to eat less than 25 a day, as well as cutting out sugar-products and white-flour products), upping my water, and exercising 3-4 times a week. (I have an office job...yuck). I worked out for 40 minutes yesterday (cardio and weights) and made my eating goal. Today I will not get to work out, but I will NOT go over my points or have sugar even though it's my little brother's birthday and they are having pizza and cheesecake. My little sister (16) is doing the no-sugar, no-white flour, work-out thing with me.

goalweight160
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome ctrsara---sounds like you are getting right back in to this weight loss journey before all your hard work disappears, smart move. I myself wasn't so smart.

After I stepped on the scale four years ago and saw 222 I almost feel over, it was my highest weight ever. I was fresh out of college, broke, and unemployed. I became very motivated and lost 25 lbs. Well, unfortunately over the course of the last year (yes, just one year) I managed to put every single one of those pounds back on right after my wedding. All my hard work was gone.

But, I'm back at it. And this time I know what to expect. I know I'm going to hit a plateau around 200, I always do...but I'm ready this time because I'm expecting it.

My sister's H.S. graduation is coming at the beginning of June (I'm originally from a very small town) so I am going to use that as my motivation. I no longer want to be the fattest one in my family, I would be happy to have someone else take that title!

ctrsara
01-04-2006, 06:35 PM
goalweight160, I understand the small town graduation thing - I graduated in a class of 42, and at my brother's grad this year I probably knew 3/4 of the crowd. You definitely want to look good, and you CAN! I have been eating way too much junk food and not being very active, and I have gained ten lbs since I got married in May. We want to start a family soon, and I want to start off a little less overweight than I am now! (I think 125-130 would be my goal, but the lowest I've ever been since I started keeping track <in later HS> is 151. Do you know how cool it would be for me to break into the 140's? My husband is being very supportive. That is nice since he can eat whatever he wants and CAN'T gain weight... sigh. Sometimes life is hard - but we can do hard things!:carrot:

goalweight160
01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm also trying to lose so that my husband and I can start a family. I'm 27 right now. I would like to be at or below 160 lbs by the end of 2006 & then start trying to get pregnant at the end of 2007 (I would love a year with my new body before getting pregnant, well plus I'm not ready yet).

I'm in no rush to get pregnant, I've always wanted to hit 30 before starting a family, plus our dog isn't ready for an addition to the household :)

ItsHard
01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
goalweight160 - I know how you feel about the scale thing....I am estimating my weight and I am as scared as heck to attempt to step on a scale - I am sweating just thinking about it - it has been soo long
Unfortunately If I don`t step on to one quick I won`t be able to benifit from my progress enough to feel good about coninuing with this diet and exercise deal!

Good Luck everyone!

goalweight160
01-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Actually I'm obsessed with the scale. I jump on it EVERYDAY, twice, just in case it lied the first time! :)

flamejobgrrl
01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Ladies - so far so good. I have cut back on refined foods and snack on cheerios and dried fruit (for the sweet). Water intake is up, although today I wasn't so good with that and found water only in my sugar-free latte and diet pop (BAD girl, I am going to log off and go drink water).

While I was a student it was so easy to drink water because I left the bottle on my desk in front of me in all classes. Now that I am a teacher, I can't find the time to get back to my desk. Any ideas how I can get more water into me?

Gym, joining tomorrow - had to wait for a consultation visit, which is oh so irritating, but should be bustin a move after that.

How is everyone else doing?

emily34
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
well another day without any sugar i had a double cheese burger without the bun. hope everyone else is doing okay.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/tiny04/lb/209/130/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

goalweight160
01-04-2006, 11:01 PM
WATER

flamejobgrrl, I fill a 20 oz bottle of water & tell myself that before I can go to lunch--it must be finished. Then I drink another 20 oz with lunch. Then I fill up one last bottle of 20 oz & I tell myself I must finish drinking it before I leave work for the day. It is easier for me to break it into segments. Hope that helps.

flamejobgrrl
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks GW160: I also need water to be cold or flavoured with crystal light to get it down. I guess I will just fill up bottles and at each break take one out of the fridge. I think I need to make that my resolution - conscious to drink more water.

Arizona Girl
01-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Hi Guys ~ A Valentine Goal seems like a lot of fun...and it's the day after my birthday! What a great gift to myself - becoming healthy.

Water is a major issue with me - I don't drink enough of it even though I live in a state where it should be the most important thing to drink. I love drinking coffee and a trick that I started to use this week is to place a water jug and glass by the coffee pot/fridge area - in order to have a cup of coffee/soda/ect I have to have a glass of water first. It's working so far....

Love the way you guys check in and talk back-n-forth because I need to be pushed! ha! C'ya Lighter....

phatpanda
01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Ooooh I was just thinking last night on how little water I drink...I could barely finish my 9oz bottle...what is the recommended intake again? Is it really 60oz?? I should break up my day into segments at work as well. Great tip gw160:)

does tea count too? or should it just be plain water...

ctrsara
01-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Hello friends. :)
I am also addicted to the scale, though I don't have one at home. I weigh in on the sliding scale at the Wellness Center (my workplace is a community college, so I get to go for free, and am encouraged to take a few hours of work time each week to do so - you wouldn't think I'd have an excuse!) every single time I exercise! At least I'm usually in the same clothes and it's the same time of day, but it's a little excessive, when I'd see more actual results week to week. I should weigh in today, so I'll let you all know tomorrow if I'm doing any better. I'm not totally counting on it, because I'm about to start my period I think...
I didn't do as well last night as I hoped, but I didn't crash and burn like I would have if I hadn't just started working on my weight. I had a slim fast and a slice of plain whole-grain homemade bread for breakfast, a low-carb, high fiber tortilla with a bit of leftover roast and potato for lunch, and at dinner I had a small bowl of potato soup (my mom's, yum), a breadstick, and 1 1/2 slices of Domino's pizza (NOT thin crust...). I was hoping to only have one piece, and not a breadstick. And I drank more water than usual - though I'm not sure how many oz. I have a big mug thing I refilled twice at work and tried to drink a lot with each meal. I wasn't quite within my Weight Watchers points, but I will eat my minimum points today to make up. I am also going to work out for 35-45 minutes after work today. My husband is going out of town until Saturday morning, so that should help me eat healthier. (and less!) So that's me. Great to hear from everyone!

charliekay
01-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Actually I'm obsessed with the scale. I jump on it EVERYDAY, twice, just in case it lied the first time! :)
i do that too,i am on it first thing every morning,especially if the scale has gone down then i get on it two or three times to make shure.my diet coach trys to get me to just get on at the begining then end of the months,but i just can't do it.

flamejobgrrl
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Ooooh I was just thinking last night on how little water I drink...I could barely finish my 9oz bottle...what is the recommended intake again? Is it really 60oz?? I should break up my day into segments at work as well. Great tip gw160:)

does tea count too? or should it just be plain water...

Isn't it 8 x 8oz glasses = 64oz. I don't know but that is alot of water for me to try and get down. Well, I am sipping at some right now as I type.

The scientist in me makes me want to read papers, but I know there are just fights back and forth between "you need it" and "it washes away electroyltes". So I will just do my best to drink water and cut out soda/coffee.

What about vitamin or mineral supplements - who is taking what? Currently I am doing nothing but know I should have a multivitamin at the least.

Hang in there girls.

Robsia
01-05-2006, 01:20 PM
i do that too,i am on it first thing every morning,especially if the scale has gone down then i get on it two or three times to make shure.my diet coach trys to get me to just get on at the begining then end of the months,but i just can't do it.

Gosh - I could never manage only once a month,

Once a week I can just about do.

charliekay
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
yes i have tried to cut down to once a week too,but i am too addicted to it,maybe someday :)

cheerio
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Can I join in? This is a perfect short term goal for me. I recently lost 15 lbs, then gained 10 back! I'm so mad at myself, but now I'm feeling motivated again.

I'm a weigh-every-dayer. After some experimenting I found out I weigh the least in the morning after exercising, so that's when I get on the scale. I like doing it every day, keeps me focused. And it was especially good when I started gaining again, I couldn't fool myself into thinking it wasn't all that bad.

Christine

sweet_pea
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM
hey everyone. i'd like to jump into this challenge too

i desperately need to kick start things. i am not requiring enough of myself. 14lb is a huge goal but i will give it my best. heck even if i lost half that i would be thrilled with myself.

i weigh myself once or twice a week. this morning i got a fright. it is first day of t.o.m. and i have gone UP :o but hopefully just temporary. i need to up the exercise. i am getting plenty of water so that's ok. need more sleep more exercise less sugar. sounds simple doesn't it? if only it were that easy

hooray for starting this thread

goalweight160
01-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Well everyone, you should be happy to know that I logged 10700 steps on my pedometer yesterday, I beat Tuesday's steps by 300!!! COOL! I recommend a pedometer to everyone! It is the best. Don't buy a cheap one though, I guarentee it will be a waste of your money.

I'm very proud of myself. I made peanut butter cookies w/ choc. chips tonight and I only at one!!!!! The rest will probably be eaten by my husband & sister (she is living with us right now). That is a huge step for me! I also went out for lunch today & had grilled veggies with a side of fresh fruit, wow I've never done that before!

The scale better be my friend this week! :)

Arizona Girl
01-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Awesome job G.W.160!! Ordering the vegies and fruit is a huge step.... and you ate only 1 cookie?!!? Wow, you're willpower is stronger than mine ;)

I drank some water today, but not enough. I'll definately get more in tomorrow. I ate well today though! :) I need to find an exercise for me to do though. We're living in a small apartment for a few months (not enough room for exercise videos) and I don't want to walk alone at nite (only time my schedule permits). I may try out the exercise room at the apartment and see how that goes.... hope it works.:carrot:

I want to weigh myself a few times a week, but post my weight loss once a week. My scales at home aren't the best, but they'll have to do for now. I hope to go back to WW in February.

flamejobgrrl
01-06-2006, 06:24 AM
I did well with water today, but it was out to a restaurant for dinner for a birthday tonight. I tried the least offensive thing on the menu, fajitas, but I am afraid of the scale tomorrow.

I am joining a gym as well, but because of the processing time it will not be in effect until Feb 1 (because I get a deal for being a teacher, but your membership has to be processed and sent in the mail). In the meantime, I don't know what to do. Maybe go and rent a workout video?

Anyways - hopefully exercise will help me sleep better as well - it is 5:20 and I am up again.

goalweight160
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I would recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds videos to anyone even if you don't have a lot of space to workout. It is pretty much just walking in place & everyone has room for that! The are low impact & helped me lose weight the first time! They require very little coordination which is why I like them. Too many videos require the ability to dance & I could not dance if my life depended on it!!!!

ctrsara
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't really have room to work out in my tiny apt either. When I DO get to do work out tapes, I love Tae-Bo Advanced (in the original set). I am a fan of work out tapes, but they're more fun to do with other people. When I was in college we had a huge living room (I'm talking massive) in the house I lived in with 7 other girls, and one was an exercise science major. She led us in aerobics probably 2-5 times a week. It was great! I have a tape of one of those sessions too that I like to do. :)
Well, yesterday was not my favorite day. :( I was actually UP 2 lbs, but I know it's not real, because t.o.m. started last night (3 days early - so weird...). I worked out, but didn't have much energy, cause I didn't eat enough lunch (reduced sugar instant oatmeal and home made bread slice for breakfast, slim fast and home made bread slice for lunch), so I only did the elliptical moderately for about 25 minutes. Some is better than nothing! Then I went to Wal-mart and bought a furby. (No, that has nothing to do with fitness, and yes, I am 23...) Since my husband is out of town, my MIL wanted to do dinner and a movie (didn't want to see the movie, knew I would eat the popcorn she would buy) so I did Chinese food with her. I hate when something like that is sprung on my and I don't have time to figure for it. I did better than I would have if I wasn't being careful, but crab angels/wontons are my weakness, and I had four... I was also weak because of t.o.m. But not today! I will be good and eat only my points, and I will not weigh myself after I work out, because I know it will be depressing still. :) And I will eat enough to have energy to work out.

flamejobgrrl
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Sara - I am up two lbs as well. Have neglected changing the tracker because hoped it would fix itself by tomorrow. I think this is why we are only supposed to weigh in once a week at most to avoid the blues that come with daily fluctuations. Fluctuations componded by dinner out for friends birthday last night and no gym membership until Feb 1 and too cold to walk outside and I went to movie store and they had no work out video rentals. I used to have Winsor Pilates on my computer but have lost it since reformatting.

*sigh* It will be ok.....we will make it eventually.

Arizona Girl
01-07-2006, 01:10 AM
May sound crazy, but eating yogurt while on TOM seems to help. Good luck ladies....

nona

goalweight160
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Ok, yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I have gone over 1500 calories. It is ok though....I was prepared & I didn't completely blow it. I know I would go over because we were going to go out for dinner. We went to applebee's, I ordered a 1/2 size Santa Fe salad & that was it...it was plenty... however, we went to coldstone for ice cream afterwards....I ordered the smallest size.....new year, new habbits are forming everyone!!!!!

I'm so proud of myself. After 2 weeks & I dont miss my old eating (yet at least). If only the weight would magically come off :)

Ok, today I'm going to walk my little butt off (literally I hope) to make up for yesterday's overage of calories. I want this week's weight lose to reflect 2 solid pounds & I weight in on monday! My husband bought me a MP3 player for the holidays so now I can listen to music as I walk!! YEAH.

goalweight160
01-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Got to tell everyone, Curves is offering 6 weeks of nutritional classes for $59 or $69 (can't remember). My sister and I signed up, we start on Wednesday.

If you are interested check out their website, they have more info out there. I've never been to a curves but my mother inlaw has been a member for about 1 year now and enjoys it. I don't plan on joining their gym because I work at a University so I can get a reduced (possible free, I haven't asked yet) membership to our gym.

flamejobgrrl
01-08-2006, 12:02 AM
So I don't know what to do - the scale at the gym, that is a technically better scale than mine, put me at 5lbs lighter than my home scale. Who do I believe? Problem is, this isn't my regular gym so I can't keep using the same scale. How can they be so variable?!??!?!??!

How is everyone making out 1 week in?

Robsia
01-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Well, your home scale should be consistent within itself, so if it says you've lost x pounds then you probably have - just that your starting weight may not be what you think.

I'm thinking about getting digital scales but I'm scared they'll say I'm more than I thought.

Guess I should take my own advice . . .

goalweight160
01-08-2006, 10:34 AM
How is everyone making out 1 week in?

I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I can tell you that I am down another pound, I'm hoping for a good day!

Best wishes everyone, happy dieting!

tgirl
01-08-2006, 01:19 PM
This challenge sounds like good motivation. I had already decided that I would try to lose 10 pounds by my birthday - if it's possible and it's just a week before Valentine's.

Being able to chat with this group should help keep me enthusiastic.

Though I like going to the gym, I usually only get there once a week for a spinning class so I'm trying to up it to three times a week in combination with the South Beach Diet which I have been officially on since yesterday, but have slowly been training my body to get use to since the 3rd.

Here's to 14 by the 14th!

goalweight160
01-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Welcome tgirl,

South beach...been there done that...TWICE!

My husband and I both lost over 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks both times that we did it, however we gained it back slowly after that because we just couldn't stick with the diet. I have the cookbook though & love to use the recipes in there.

I mall walked yesterday & today, I'm hoping the scale is nice to me tomorrow morning.

Arizona Girl
01-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Hi ladies ~ I will weigh in on Tuesday! I have had a rough weekend, but have drank lots of water....

Welcome tgirl! :)

I used to have digital scales - until my kids jumped on them: ouch! Anyway, I really liked them because they weighed me to the "1/2" pound... sometimes it was great to see that 1/2 pound loss instead of thinking that I "maintained" on a regular scale.

Have a great Monday... NONA

Robsia
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Yay - after the first week I've lost 4 lbs!!

goalweight160
01-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Great job Robsia!!!! 4 lbs!!!! I lost 1.5 lbs last week, I was hoping to lose 2. I figure, even if I only lose 1 lb each week, I would still be 52 lbs lighter at the end of this year & would only be 10 lbs away from my goal of 62 lb lost, so I think this is managable...I just have to stay motivated!

My goal this week is to work harder than last & walk more then last week....hopefully I will be rewarded with a 2 lb loss. There were 3 days last week that I made it to 10,000 steps or more, this week I am looking for 4 days with 10,000 steps or more & I want to see one day with 12,000 steps.

Nobody ever said losing weight would be easy!

HAPPY DIETING EVERYONE!!!!

ctrsara
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow, I"m going to have to try to yogurt/t.o.m. thing. It's worth a try! T.O.M. kicked my tail this time, wiping out my exercise (other than walking) and I weakened and ate quite a bit (two Mexican out-to-eats with families and a waffle-fest..sigh) but I'm not going to let that get me down or make me quit. To the gym today, and I will be within my points! I had slim-fast and a white cheddar rice-cake for breakfast and I'm having a lean-cuisine sandwich thing for lunch. Probably wheat pasta, and some vegetables for dinner? Hmm...

flamejobgrrl
01-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Yay - after the first week I've lost 4 lbs!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

What are you doing to lose it?

K

Robsia
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

What are you doing to lose it?

K

Just counting calories - I use www.nutridiary.com to keep track of what I'm eating.

I also will be exercising - honest! I've done one exercise video so far but plan on doing it three times as week.

Also ironing is good! Apparently an hour's ironing burns up 211 calories according to Nutridiary.

flamejobgrrl
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Well I just got an additional challenge to keep me going - Brazil for all of August (winter there - so bathing suit isn't the huge motivator). WAAA HOOOO. After completing my first year of teaching I figure I am deserving and my best friend lives there. I want to be 160 by then, but doubt it is realistic. Going to shoot for it though and work out alot.

Tried to do a balance ball dvd today, but the carpet is too slippy and the ball went flying. Need a rubber yoga mat and then retry tomorrow. All of this in wait for my gym mebership that kicks in Feb 1.

Keep going girls - DRINK WATER (ok so that is more a reminder for me than you...but I did horrible on water today).

goalweight160
01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
flamejobgrrl, Brazil!! That is really exciting. I think they do a lot of walking there so you might want to be in shape for that alone.

Arizona Girl
01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Brazil sounds soooo romantic:hug: Taking someone special? I'm getting ready to start my first year of teaching... I'm student teaching right now. I definately want to reward myself with a trip, too! :)

Didn't get much water in today - drat. Sure wish the coffee counted as water! I will focus on drinking more tomorrow.

Good luck on the scales this week ladies!!

Nona

Jasmin71
01-10-2006, 09:05 AM
wow, I didnt even see this one before. Iam in I actually decided this on a another threat not sure where that one went too :(

But if u ladys dont mind I am in :)

I do curves, and tae bo at home

flamejobgrrl
01-10-2006, 09:16 AM
The scale just isn't budging. I hate the plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!

goalweight160
01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Valentines day is 5 WEEKS AWAY from today!!!

We got to push it in gear ladies to make our goal of 14 lbs by the 14th!!!!

tgirl
01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
It's very encouraging to see so many enthusiastic people supporting each other. Hope I can do the same.

I went to the gym for my spinning class and thought I was going to fall asleep on the bike but kept going by thinking of my commitment to myself and this group. Today was a day off from the gym but I think I have a salsa lesson (only 3 left) tomorrow after work. By next week I will be playing vb once a week so that will keep things lively. Maybe this weekend I will get some skiing in.

I slept in this morning and was almost late for work but forced myself to put something in me before I left so I wouldn't mess up my SB routine. Thank goodness I'm getting in the habit of preparing my lunch the night before!

By the way, when I was at the gym yesterday I snuck on the scale and it looks like I might've dropped two pounds but I'm going to wait until Saturday for the true weigh-in. Wish me luck until then...and to all of you too!

Arizona Girl
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
I weighed this morning. I maintained... didn't lose or gain. I think if could start drinking more water and actually exercise, I might have a fight'n chance at this "losing weight" thing. :dizzy:

Sorry to hear about your plateau. They can suck, but at least you didn't gain. Keep a positive attitude and you're sure to succeed! :) Good luck.

Nona

flamejobgrrl
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I weighed this morning. I maintained... didn't lose or gain. I think if could start drinking more water and actually exercise, I might have a fight'n chance at this "losing weight" thing. :dizzy:

Sorry to hear about your plateau. They can suck, but at least you didn't gain. Keep a positive attitude and you're sure to succeed! :) Good luck.

Nona

SOOOO with you - I know that is what I need to do too, but have had obstacles up to this point. Tonight going out to buy the yoga mat so the balance ball won't go skidding across the carpet. Although I am fairly sore because I slid down 17 stairs today outside of my house (ice).

All that said, scale was 1lb friendlier today. Hard to get into my head that 1 lb a week is healthy and will have me reach my long term goal. Hang in there girls and GET OUT THERE AND MOVE (but be careful on icey stairs ;)

Arizona Girl
01-11-2006, 11:42 AM
The balance ball thing sounds interesting - but do you need a lot of room? My apt is so very small. Also, is it difficult to learn/do?
Anyway, I'm off to grab some water! Have a great day ladies....
Nona :)

goalweight160
01-11-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty excited, I start my nutritional classes tonight at curves. The class is 6 weeks long & we can work out 3 days a week there for only $69. That is a steal!!! We also get a bottle of vit. & shakes & recipe book......we (my sister and I) are heading there early tonight to get an introduction to the machines & get a work out in!!! I'll let you all know how it goes & share some recipes with you guys if you are interested!

ctrsara
01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm not doing so hot here, health-wise. I keep eating too much at night around and after dinner. I just feel so munchy! Not hungry - I had some good home-made chicken-noodle soup (with plenty of chicken, potatoes, and whole-wheat pasta) for dinner, but then went on to eat string cheese, a bunch of potato chips (which I don't normally care for that much) and like 12 Andes mints. This morning I already caved in and had a doughnut that someone brought to the office. And I'm not supposed to be eating sugar! I worked out yesterday for 45 minutes, but since I went up 2 lbs at t.o.m. (just finished) I'm just "back down" to my starting weight - 162. I need some encouragement here, because I feel a little out of control. Too often things happen (like parents inviting us out to eat, someone else cooking dinner, etc) that I don't plan for, and I lose it. I need to make sure I'm more careful tonight, and start brushing and flossing soon after dinner so I don't eat anymore. I'm a little discouraged weight-loss wise. Otherwise I'm fine. I just wish I had more control! I had slim-fast for breakfast (and a doughnut...) I'm having whole-wheat pasta for lunch, and a boiled egg for a snack. I don't know what's for dinner, because we have a newly married class, and they cook for us Wednesday nights... sigh. Must be strong (and smart!) :carrot:

Robsia
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I have the evening snacking problem also.

At the moment I'm dealing with it by having a tiny lunch - a bowl of soup which is about 150 calories, so I save up my calories for the evening.

So when the munchies attack, I have a few hundred spare calories to deal with them. I have yoghurts, grapes, hardboiled eggs or grated carrot as 'allowed' snacks.

I don't try and tell myself I can't have anything, as I know it won't work, although I try not to eat after 9pm.

Is it possible for you to simply not buy the unhealthy stuff like doughnuts and chips? Or do you have family that insists on buying them?

My daughter is a bit chubby so, while I haven't put her on a diet, as she's only 4, we are definitely eating more healthily as a family so I just don't buy the bad stuff. She is allowed sweets on Saturdays but not many and they aren't kept in the house.

goalweight160
01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi Sara, I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated, I thought this would be a good opportunity for all of us to list some tips for sticking to your diet.

Feel free to add any tips or tricks that work for you.....

-drink a glass of water before you eat
-brush your teeth right after dinner
-chew gum
-buy a new healthy cookbook (love this one)
-think of your family (I want to start having kids but need to lose weight first)
-start a hobbie, I love to scrapbook & make cards, I work on these when I want to eat
-take the dog for a walk
-journal all your food

ctrsara
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and tips. I do NOT buy doughnuts - someone brought them into the office and somehow I didn't even fight it. That's not like me... the chips my husband bought yesterday because the pharmacist told him they would be good for his sore throat because of the salt? Potato chips don't usually tempt me much, I've just been wanting to eat more lately. I have to eat enough for lunch that I feel like exercising at 4 or 5 after work, and I don't currently have a dog (we're renting and moving around with school a lot). The gum is a good idea, and I need to be stronger about my "no sugar" thing - if I eat any, I eat too much. Otherwise, we try to have healthy stuff around, but I need to make some already-ready "allowed snacks" and do the teeth-brushing thing. I have been drinking more water than usual today. I try not to buy anything that really tempts me (like Fritos, Cheetos, or doughnuts) but if they're there and my will-power is low... hmm. GOt to get with it before the weekend hits, or I'm sunk! I can do it!:strong:

cindy1414
01-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I used to be a daily weigher but realized it was only causing me grief. I threw it away! Now since I have started to try and loose again I go to my Doctors office. They let me weigh myself there. Since I have to make the trip there, I will only be weighing in once or twice a month.

I think that will help with the frustration:D

Robsia
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh yes, weighing daily is a BAD idea. Once a week is enough.

tgirl
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
One thing I've learned in the past week and a half is to have cut up veggies in the fridge ready to go. I've never been a big veg eater. I like them but rather have someone else do the prep work. Consequently, I prefer fruit much more...sometimes too much. Being on SB has been a huge sacrifice for me not being able to have a banana, or a pear or grapes when I feel like it...I love fruit..it's less work. On Sunday, I cut up peppers and celery for easy snacks and it's actually helped me eat more veggies. When I make my dinner, I cut up a little more for my next day's lunch. So far it has helped.

goalweight160
01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi tgirl-

When my husband and I were on south beach, I would make extra for diner so that we could eat it for our lunch the next day-----saved tons of time!

Do others have suggestions on how to stay motivated & stay away from the food?

I saw someone else post on another thread that she uses a timer, if she is in her car & wants to stop somewhere, she forces herself to wait 10 minutes. More likely than not, she won't eat the item because she doesn't want to wait the 10 minutes.

Hi Sara-

My husband would have read your post (it sounds like something I would have said) & he would have respond with a big SO WHAT! So what if someone brought in doughnuts to work---walk past them. So what if you don't have a dog----walk by yourself. So what if your husband brought chips in the house----ignore them.

Of course, I understand it is easier said then done but sometimes having that kind of attitude will get you through. So what if you are hungry now---aren't you much more hungry to be thin than hungry for that piece of food that is tempting you???? You have come so far with your weight loss, keep going, fight, fight, fight. If you don't the scale will creep up & you will find yourself even heavier then when you started (like me). You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctrsara
01-12-2006, 12:48 PM
goalweight160 -
That's what I would usually tell myself... I usuallyhave more self-control than I have recently had. It has been a little bizarre. It's like I tell myself it doesn't matter or something, but later it sure DOES matter - what was I thinking??? I'm thinking I may need to start eating a little more at lunch, and see if it will keep me from splurging EVERY evening too. I also realize I'm not eating many vegetables, and I really need to, to keep myself more full, and because I need the nutrition. I have been eating oranges every day after I exercise, which is good. I've never been a strong fruits and veggies type. If I'm not concentrating on eating plenty, I get about 2 servings every day or two. NOT good, I know. So I need to work on that. The worst time I have is when we're sitting somewhere (anywhere - after dinner, just visiting, whatever) and there is food. It's like I'm bored and can't help myself. But I CAN usually, I just need to figure out what the problem is and make it stop. I kind of blew up last night, listing every frustration I've been having eating-wise (my poor husband), but hopefully it got it out in the open, made him aware of what a hard time I'm having, and strengthened my resolve to stop. I'm working out again today, and I'm going to make sure to get some veggies at lunch, and some protein, and I know we're going out to dinner with his parents tonight (sigh) but I can plan, and eat all the good salad and veggies at the buffet there. Anyway, long entry, and I'm mostly just talking to myself. Thanks for listening.

goalweight160
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Sara, sounds like you are heading in the right directions!

I'm so happy, I've lost another pound. This time around, my control and motivation is much stronger. I think it has finally "clicked" that this is a much needed lifestyle change. Honestly watching the biggest loser on tv is a huge motivation. I see how fat they were to start & see how far they come makes me realize that I am not alone.

Curves was pretty cool last night. Not exactly what I was thinking--actually better. I was expecting to see incombent (sp?) bikes & treadmills, but nothing of the sort was there. I'm going at this meal program 100%, it starts monday.

Happy dieting everyone! I'm home from work today, I'm going to get some much needed cleaning done today!!!

flamejobgrrl
01-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Today I had to drive my friend through the McD's - that was hard. So tonight I am going to watch SuperSize me to remind me how bad that stuff is and what a great choice I made today. That is my diet tip!

Preparation BEFORE the food cravings is important. I totally agree. The extra effort one night a week makes a big difference in being able to stick to a plan. I also agree with "cook once, eat twice" - go to the effort and cook something fantastic and eat it twice, three times!

goalweight160
01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Weekends are the hardest for me, especially this one.....I'm going back to my parent's house which usually means dissaster for any dieter. I'm promissing myself to make the best choices I can over the weekend dispite the challenge of being away from my house. Wish me luck everyone!

flamejobgrrl
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Best of luck GW160 - moderation is key, espec ially when at the mercy of other peoples cooking. Kirstie Alley and Oprah always eat before going to a function and then they don't eat as much when there. Maybe an idea.

Have a good weekend everyone.

tgirl
01-14-2006, 06:36 PM
It's been a couple of days but I thought I would check in. First, I changed my ticker thingy and found that when I edited it, it changed the one in my older messages - normal?

Second, I did my weekly weigh-in today before my spinning class, and to my amazement I have lost 6 pounds. Though I've only been officially on SBD for one week, the fact that I was "in training" for a few days before that might've helped with what seems like a large amount to lose in one week. I know the normal should only be about 2 lbs per week. Despite that, I'm happy. But, I'm also a little bored with the menu. Could've gone for a something bread-based when I got my latte at Starbucks today. I kind of feel lightheaded but I don't know if that's because I'm not getting enough to eat...or not enough sleep. My meals are quite filling yet I'm hungry again about an hour later. Any ideas from anyone who's been on SBD before. I find I'm drinking more coffee lately...and tea...and water...anything to make me feel full.

Third, for two weeks now I've made it to the gym for spinning 3 times each. Better than my usual once per week and nothing else. Unfortunately, my hopes of playing volleyball this winter didn't work out. I'll have to think of something else. I'm a teacher so I'm in the process of trying to have pick-up volleyball at my school once per week. Maybe it'll come to fruition.

How's everyone else doing with 14 by the 14th?

Robsia
01-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes - it is normal for the sig to change on all posts.

Congrats on the loss, 6 lbs is great.

Question: what is spinning? A few people have mentioned it and it's on Nutridiary's list of activities. I have visions of a room full of ladies spinning round and round like little kids do till they get dizzy and fall over.

I take it that isn't it!

tgirl
01-15-2006, 06:44 PM
For those of you curious what spinning is...

It's a gym class where about 20-30 people are riding stationary bikes, however, there is a button that allows the rider to change the resistance. Sometimes you're standing on the bike, sometimes you're racing, sometimes you're riding easy and stretching...and it's all done to music - usually dance music and other songs that have been remixed. I find it very motivating. I have been going for over a year now, sometimes once per week, sometimes even 3 times per week. It's the perfect class to change it up when you're sick of the treadmill or eliptical...and best of all, there's an instructor pushing you along.

goalweight160
01-15-2006, 08:01 PM
tgirl, 6 lb weight lose sounds pretty normal on the SB diet. My husband and I also had light headedness when we were following the diet as well. I think it was from lack of calories. Sorry, no suggestions.

Weekend wasn't too horrible....I guess I will find out the damange tomorrow when I step on the scale.

Tomorrow I start Curves eating plan...for 6 weeks.

tgirl
01-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks goalweight160...I, too, was thinking that it might be from too little calories. I'll be adding a little bit more too my daily lunches and snacks to get me through.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/cartooncat01/lb/180/160/174/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

flamejobgrrl
01-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Spinning: not for those that are new to fitness and working out - my friend and I tried it and after 15 seconds we felt out of our league - look for an intro class or keep resistance LOW!

I wanted to give it a try again now that I have been working out for a few weeks. Hopefully I won't feel so --- out of shape this time.

Have a good week all.

NancyL
01-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi! Am I too late to join in? I just found 3FC today and already I am hooked. I would love to join in on the 14 by the 14th.

I am 29, married with 2 little girls and finally discouraged enough about my weight to be proactive about it.

Robsia
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Yay - got on the scales today - 7 lbs lost!!!! Half way there already.

Welcome Nancy!

goalweight160
01-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Congrats Robsia!!!!!

I'm a little frustrated, I only appear to be losing 1 pound per week.

ctrsara
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
How's everyone doing after this long holiday weekend?

goalweight160-
A pound a week is great! If you're steadily losing this much, you're probably doing it healthily, and it will be easier to keep off than rapid weight-loss. I have heard 1-2 lbs/week recommended by many different people (including my WW coaches when I went to meetings). As for me, weight-wise I'm probably about the same, because I didn't exercise, but I didn't eat a ton, because I got the flu Friday. We're not talking full-blown Influenza-A or something, just a stomach bug that forced me to stay down for 2-3 days. I was glad for the long weekend to recover. I didn't eat -much,- but I found myself making unwise food choices as I started feeling better, just because I felt like I could. I like to sabotage myself. ;-) Doing better now though, and I'm going to keep trying to eat what I should and how much I should. Still taking it easy, but will exercise the next two days, and do some walking Friday or Saturday (we'll be out of town) - got to watch those restaurants!. At least I know we won't eat too much fast food.
Does anyone know how Panda Express rates as far as all the "bad stuff" in lots of fast food? It seems like fairly "real" food. I love the beef and broccoli, mandarin chicken, and chow mein. If I order that, it's only 15 WW points. Better yet, get a three entree and split it with my husband for less carbs in the chow mein!

goalweight160
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry Sara- I don't think Wisconsin has any panda expresses??? Thanks for the possitive words though. I have to remind myself that even if I only loss 1 lb each week, that is still 52 lbs for the year. It is just so frustrating, I feel like I am working soooo hard but only 1 lb comes off.

V-day is only 4 weeks away everyone!!! We better kick our butts into gear to make our goal of 14 by the 14th!!!!

tgirl
01-18-2006, 10:04 PM
It's been a few days and thought I would check in. Things are going well...have upped the caloric intake which seems to be working. Made veggie chili tonight which was so delish and filling. Noticed I've gone down a belt loop which is encouraging.
Phase one of SBD will be over on Saturday but I think I'm going to cheat a little on Friday and have some fruit - it's my weekly breakfast at work and I don't think ending one day early will kill me as I was in early training a few days before I actually "really" started. We'll see what the scales tell me on Saturday at the gym.
I know some days are harder than others but I really look forward to checking in online - the motivation and support is good for us all.

Take care

flamejobgrrl
01-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Tgirl - take your veggie chilli and pour over salad and make a healthy taco salad. Top with salsa and a spoon of sour cream - OHH WOO GOOD.

Down another lbs and a bit - chugging my way along to goal weight. How is everyone else making out? Any new tips?

ctrsara
01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
NOt doing so hot on the challenge. Working on it though. Yesterday was pretty good food-wise. A little too much of it, but healthy stuff at least. Exercised for 40 minutes. Doing well today so far. Will exercise for about 45 minutes (low-impact cardio and weights). Tomorrow morning will exercise because late afternoon we're going out of town. Will try to make good food choices while eating out! Salads and protein... sigh.

goalweight160
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm doing ok. Down another lb. Had another class last night at curves (kind of a waste of time last night, instructor kind of blows). Trying my best to make it to our V-day goal!!!!

tgirl, my FAVORITE recipe in the whole world in South Beach's Vegitarian chili with guac salsa....it is the best!!!

flamejobgrrl
01-21-2006, 12:09 AM
So - today someone said "are you losing weight". All this as I was eating a piece of coworker birthday chocolate chocolate caramel cake. LOL.

Does anyone else look in the mirror and always think they look the same? I know my clothing size has changed from 22 to 14, but I still think I look the same underneath. Easy to see how someone could have an eating disorder if you see the same all the time.

NancyL
01-21-2006, 01:14 AM
This week hasn't been so great weight wise. I am down only a half a pound but it was t.o.m. and I started exercising. I am going to hope that the slow weight gain was because of that.

I hoping by the end of next week I'll be able to see some difference in the way my clothes fit.

goalweight160
01-21-2006, 09:11 AM
flamejobgrrl, isn't it so exciting when someone asked you that?!!! It makes you want to keep going. You know, someone once said, once a fat girl always a fat girl....maybe that is what they meant. After my 7 lb lose, I'm still not feeling the difference in the way my close are fitting....I guess I have to wait a few more lbs yet.

GoalWeight160

Robsia
01-21-2006, 10:43 AM
So - today someone said "are you losing weight". All this as I was eating a piece of coworker birthday chocolate chocolate caramel cake. LOL.

Does anyone else look in the mirror and always think they look the same? I know my clothing size has changed from 22 to 14, but I still think I look the same underneath. Easy to see how someone could have an eating disorder if you see the same all the time.

Yes, but it's the other way with me.

When I'm losing I get so excited because I can SEE where the pounds are dropping. I can see that my legs are thinner and my pants are baggier and that my ribs are showing more etc.

But it's when I put weight ON that I think I don't look any different.

It usually takes a 'fat' photo to make me think "heck - is that me??"

goalweight160 - I am sure it will start to show very soon. I really noticed a couple of days ago when I was looking at my leg and thought - hey, there was more of that before, and again this morning when I was stretching my arms over my head to put my hair in a bobble, I looked at my torso in the mirror and suddenly realised I could see my ribs!

susie_sunshine
01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Well 5 down 9 more to go and i'm a little worried about reaching 14 in three weeks! My scale is so weird! I know my body weight fluctuates throughout the day but I weigh myself before going to my ww meetings and somehow lose 2 or three pounds on the way there! Maybe I should attend meetings every day! lol

tgirl
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
So yesterday I should've weighed myself but there was a raging snowstorm so I decided to hunker down in my house. Good thing I did because I ended up having a stomache the rest of the day. Little did I know that my TOM was arriving, and a few days early. Thought that maybe I'd make it to the gym today but it was easier to stay at home rather than make my way through all the snow from yesterday. Now that I'm in phase 2 of SBD, I'll have to see how things go. Today for dessert I had 4 very tiny cookies from a xmas exchange...what a delight since it's been so long since I've had something so decadent - not that I'm much of a sweet person, prefer salty.
All things aside, I'll go to the gym tomorrow and weigh myself then, though I've been reading that since it's TOM, the scales might now show true accuracy...maybe next Saturday will be the real numbers?

SW: 180
CW: 174
GW: 160

NancyL
01-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I am down a pound since Wed. I'm down 4.5 pounds & it doesn't look any different yet. I have been exercising for a week but I missed today. I'll get back on that horse tommorrow.

goalweight160
01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Here's to another week, hope everyone is a big loser. This is one of my most stressful times of the year & one of the times when I would usually gain weight.......start of a new school semester (I work on a college campus). NOT THIS TIME! I'm sticking to it.

My husband ate McD's this weekend because we had free coupons....I ate ONE FRY!!!! YEAH!!!! That's it, that is all I ate from his meal. It helped that we just watched "super size" me a day ago. Then my husband tempted me with frozen custard but I said "NO". I told him, I want to be thin more then I want that custard, not much more, but still more :)

Let's work hard this week!

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal

goalweight160
01-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello ladies!

I dropped 1.6% body fat last week!!! YEAH!!

3 weeks till V-DAY!!! Let's get losing!!!

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal

ctrsara
01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, I have been really discouraged because I have not been able to GET WITH IT, and haven't lost an ounce, though I have been working out more. The problem is I've still been eating too much! But yesterday, for the first time, I was completely within my WW points. I turned down ice cream twice! I did not eat junk (more than a few bites anyway) and got plenty of food. And I exercised. I worked out this morning (35 min cardio, 10 min weights) and I am on-plan so far. And I will STAY! At this point, I'm shooting for 7 lbs by Valentine's but if I make that I will be excited and I will set another goal! I weight tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I drop even a lb!

tgirl
01-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Well this just goes to prove that weakness can strike when we're least expecting it. :devil: Due to a few factors, including feeling good :D about losing 8 lbs now, I had two cookies this week, and thank goodness I was able to stop at that...and it was on two different days. However, things have been busy at work and I haven't been preparing my meals as well as I did the first two weeks I began SBD. :dizzy: I've also done a little bit more research about SBD just to make sure that the weight I've lost so far isn't all for not. We'll see where I'm at when I get to drink alcohol again...a few days earlier than my BD because I'll be at a party. I believe we're down to 20 more days...just under 3 weeks!

I haven't lost my motivation...and I hope none of you have either...can't wait to see how we all do...we should tally our collective weight loss to celebrate!

ctrsara
01-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, where is everyone? You have all been doing so fabulous! (I haven't but I'm still here!) I have been doing so much better this week. I exercised and ate within my points Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday I was a little over (not sure exactly how much) and I didn't get to exercise, due to homework constraints, and a young marrieds (which we are) class my DH and I had to take a turn to teach. But it's okay, because I'm feeling better, and slimmer, and therefore motivated. I will eat on the low end of my WW points today to make up for yesterday, and I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes -before- work today. Going to work out for an hour tonight, eat healthily, and not have ANY movie popcorn (one of my weaknesses) when we go to see Pride & Prejudice tonight. Hope to hear how you're all doing. Hang in there! I will post my weight tomorrow (if there's any change... but if there's not, I'm still doing good, and I refuse to be discouraged. I know it will work - it has before several times!)
:carrot:

charliekay
01-26-2006, 01:29 PM
wow this is becoming harder then i thought, i am at 251 and i can not get any lower!!!!!!! i have been here forever! and i can not seem to get below the 250 mark.help!!!!!!!!!

goalweight160
01-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Stick with it Charlie & the weight will come off. Try doing a different workout this week. If you use a video, switch to a different one---perhaps that's what will work.

Diet is going great for me. I am still just as motivated today as I was when I started dieting several weeks ago. Curves is working out great, the diet can be a challenge because it requires me to eat a lot of protein, but I am sticking with it....it is a six week long program & I promised myself I would give it the full 6 weeks before I made a decision about the program (my sister on the other hand who was suppose to be my support quit on day 2!!!!!). I'm taking one day at a time. I go there religiously Monday, Wednesday, & Friday...I just wish the weight would come off faster.

I WANT TO BE THIN!!!! KEEP THAT IN YOU HEAD WHEN YOU GET DISCOURAGED.

I'm dining out for the first time in several weeks tonight, I'm a little nervous but I think I will do fine. I'm going to order baked fish....that's why I think I will be fine because I have a game plan!

I've been on the curves diet plan for a week and a half now and I can already see results in my eating. I don't have the sugar cravings like I did before & today when I made my coffee I used HALF the amount of creamer that I did before starting the program & it was still sweet to me. That alone has saved be over 100 calories per day.

My goal this week is to put over 10000 steps on my pedometer at least 3 days. I've already done it for two days. Next week I'm kicking it up to four days. I still recommend a pedometer to everyone....you would be surprised at how little us Americans walk around! The average American only walks 2500 steps a day!!!!! That is disgusting, no wonder we are so fat!

Best luck to all! Keep me in your thoughts tonight as I try to dine out tonight.

ctrsara
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Dining out can be really scary! Not as bad when you know the menu and know what you can order for the healthiest (and still tasty) choice, but I find I have a hard time if it's Mexican (which is usually is here in AZ) and there are chips for appetizers or Italian, and they have bread. The bread is easier to resist than the chips, but then there's the pasta... :) It's just not easy! We went to Chili's last weekend with my in-laws and I tried to order a half-size Cobb salad, but they didn't have half so I had to get a full. I ate most of it, plus too many chips (which they ordered - if they're in front of me my will power is ridiculous), half of one of my DH's chicken crispers, and some of my FIL's mashed potatoes. Oh well, at least we don't do that often! Good luck tonight, you can do it!

Robsia
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
OK - I'm here. I know it's silly but I feel kind of bad posting on here now as I've lost so much and some haven't lost that much.

I don't want to rub anyone's noses in it.

TBH I don't know how I've managed to lose so much. I have never lost so much so quickly before. I mean, I've over the moon but I keep waiting for it to slow down but it doesn't.

Anyway, I'm still here and very nearly there!!

ctrsara
01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
No, please post! That's awesome! I'm really excited for you. I haven't lost, but I know I will, and at least this has kicked me into finally achieving correct food intake and exercise. I am about to go work out and weigh. Wish me luck! BTW, Robsia, I love Anne McCaffrey's books - especially the Harper Hall trilogy- I assume that's where your title, etc. is from? :)

goalweight160
01-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi all, I did well last night dining out. We went to Perkins, I got a salad with dressing on the side. Weight was up this morning but I'm hoping that it is just water weight.

ctrsara
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Good job on the salad! Was it good? I find it's nice when I'm eating healthing that I truly enjoy good, healthy food more. For me, it's all about switching into that mindset, and trying to kill the little "you want that cookie" thoughts. :)
Well, I had a fantastic hour long work out last night (45 minutes on the elliptical, 10 walking, and sit ups) and I stayed within my points (though not on the low end - I gave into a Subway sandwich after the movie) and I had lost 2 lbs! So that means I'm back to my starting weight from two weeks ago. And my jeans are fitting much better - I don't feel stuffed into them! It's such a wonderful feeling. How's everyone else doing? :goodvibes:

charliekay
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
yippie,,i lost two more pounds!!!!!!! now i have to really get my butt in gear to reach my val.goal.

tgirl
01-28-2006, 06:19 PM
So the wagon downfall continued yesterday. It was my work's weekly Friday breakfast and the people in charge this week didn't communicate very well. So when I walked in it was a total carb fest...muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls, and more of the same. I had a little of everything and it was so tasty. I've felt a little guilty this week, in addition to my tiredness. But I did get up this morning and make my way to the gym where I weighed myself and I have lost another 2 pounds so I'm still motivated and am getting myself back together so I can make it to the 14th...but am I ever looking forward to my birthday drink!

Lets keep going...

SW: 180
CW: 170
GW: 160

goalweight160
01-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm feeling a little frustrated today. I've been staying the curves diet & as of today I haven't lost any weight this week...weight in is tomorrow. I don't know what the deal is...hopefully I have gaining musle & losing fat (I'll know that tomorrow as well). I've been doing cardio 2X week plus going to curves 3X week. I've followed their diet exactly (except the salad at Perkins) which is 1600 calories a day. Why won't this weight come off faster!

So I'm not going to get discouraged (too much), I'm going to work hard today & hopefully the scale will be kind to me tomorrow morning!

Best wishes everyone.

GoalWeight160

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal

charliekay
01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
hey ya'll valentines day is almost here!!! what special day can we please reach for next,i love doing this and i don't want to stop.it gives me motivation. i know spring is on march 21st and its my birthday,so we might could set a weight loss for that day of maybe 21 pounds by 21st of spring.i don't know just a suggestion. everyone else please think of one too.

charliekay
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
or an easter goal,that would be good too. any advice will help

goalweight160
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
CharlieKay, great idea.... Since Spring (March 21st) is exactly 5 weeks away from V-day, I think the next challenge should be........

10 lbs by Spring. Of course this would be after our V-day challenge.

charliekay
01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
oh great,that sounds sooo good.10 more pounds should be no problem at all within 5 weeks.works for me,what does everyone else think.

ctrsara
01-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I'll stick with you guys for the next challenge - though who knows if I'll really lose the weight or not... I hope so! As of last Thursday I had lost 2 lbs, (finally) but I kinda fell off the wagon eating-wise this weekend. Friday wasn't bad, but Saturday my DH had a stomach bug, so we were home all day, and I went crazy! (Though not as crazy as I would have before, I guess. I definitely ate too much, including 3/4 of a package of Saltine crackers (when I'm trying to avoid white flour) lots of potato soup (which I made, but he didn't feel up to eating) and some chocolate. Sunday (yesterday) was even worse, as I ate an early dinner at my parents' house cause I was hungry, then found out we were eating at the in-laws two hours later - steak fingers, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, salad, brownies - I partook of all. But I'm not going to let it get me down - I'm back on the wagon today, and will remain strong, even though we're having a barbecue at my parents' tonight. I have all day to plan ahead and strengthen my resolve. The good new was that I got in 5 days of exercise last week! Friday and Saturday were mostly just walking, but I did almost an hour of that both days! Hopefully I can fit in 6 days this week (I don't exercise Sundays).

charliekay
01-30-2006, 10:18 PM
great,i can't wait till the next challenge! i only have 1 pound to go on this challenge and we still have 14 days left,yippie!!!

flamejobgrrl
01-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Well - getting sick sure does help knock pounds off. 2 lbs in 2 days. And my abs are SOOO tight from coughing.

My gym membership kicks in in 2 days WAAA HOOOO!!!!! I can't wait.

charliekay
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
i hope you feel better famejobgrrl.

charliekay
01-31-2006, 11:04 AM
well today was my offical first weigh in for my 1st month,and i have lost 14 pounds and about 3 inches everywhere,my stomach was even 4 inches lost.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! and another great part i made my valentines goal and we still have 14 days to go.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctrsara
01-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Sigh. I did well all day yesterday, had a good work out, then crashed and burned with dinner. I ate good things - raw carrots, steamed broccoli, lettuce and a hamburger patty. Then I had some avocado with garlic salt and started eating a little more hamburger, and threw in some chips. Then someone got the Cheetos out (which have always been my weakness, and I seldom buy more than a single serving bag, if that) and I continued my downward spiral. Sigh, sigh, sigh. But I refuse to give up. I'm trying again today, and I threw in an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical early this morning to try to make up for it. I also had my body fat % tested - it's at 32%. I know that's not good, (20-25 is normal for a woman) but I'd like to check it each month now that I have a benchmark, and see if I can get it lower. Anyway, that's me. Down and out, but not done! Hopefully I'll still lose another lb or two by Thursday when I weigh in. I must be strong!

goalweight160
01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Congrats charliekay on meeting the V-day goal!!!!! You should be able to exceed it with 2 weeks still left!

Keep motivated Sara. With all that food temptation it is really hard. Your meals sound delicious though....I would die for a cook-out right now (not really appropriate here in Wisconsin at this time of year). 32% body fat is not horrible. You are very close to be within a healthy range.

When I started Curves three weeks ago my body fat was at 43.6%. I have a long way to go before I am in the healthy range! Last night, I was down to 41.7%. So it is going in the right direction! I just wish the weight would come off faster! It is hard to stay motivated when only 1 lb falls off each week. I have to keep reminding myself, 1 lb per week is equal to 52 lbs by the end of the year! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Robsia
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
well today was my offical first weigh in for my 1st month,and i have lost 14 pounds and about 3 inches everywhere,my stomach was even 4 inches lost.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! and another great part i made my valentines goal and we still have 14 days to go.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay - congrats! I've still got half a pound to go and it does not want to shift. Scales have been up and down for almost a week now!

charliekay
02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
oh robsia,i can not wait till my scale finally says under 200 pounds,i would love for my scale to look like yours :) it seems soo long away,but yet i have started my own personal little goal its to lose below 200 by my birthday! its march 21st so i should be able to do it,i really hope so.

Robsia
02-01-2006, 10:41 AM
charlie - realistically, to lose 47 pounds in 49 days is unlikely to happen.

I would set a more achievable goal to avoid disappointment. You would need to have a deficit of 3,500 calories PER DAY to do that.

My next goal is 10 pounds by St Patrick's Day - once I shift that final annoying 0.5 lb! I have a ticker all ready.

Weight loss always slows way down after the first few weeks, which I am discovering now. Perhaps yours could be another 14 pounds by your birthday.

charliekay
02-01-2006, 11:20 AM
why is my ticker not showing up on here?? well i think that i will keep my birthday goal and see just how close i can get.i don't count calories at all.i have no idea how much i am getting,i am counting carbs and protein,and the weight is just melting off. i am soo excited,a few moments ago i tried on pants i have not been into for years.
i started out wearing a very tight 26 pants,right now i have on a comfortable 22 pants,i can't belive it!!!!!!!i have not seen these pants in years!!!!!!!! i am soo motivated to get down even further now. it would be nice if i could get down to an 18 by my birthday too,and since i went down two sizes in a month that one should be able to do.any way thanks for the advice bobsia.i appreciate it

goalweight160
02-01-2006, 11:42 AM
CharlieKay, I'd also have to voice concern, like Robcia, about trying to lose 47 lbs in 49 days. That goal is very unrealistic & would mean you would need to lose almost 1 lb per day! A more healthy goal is to try to lose 1-2 lbs per week, hence our next challenge is 10 lbs in 5 weeks!

Well everyone, we have 13 days left to try to make our V-day goal!!!!! Work it hard ladies!!!!

As for myself, I've "kicked it up a notch". I'm going to do 6 workout days this week instead of just 5. I've also made my new goal to walk over 10,000 on my pedometer 4x a week instead of just 3x.

Anyone else use the Walk away the pounds videos by Leslie Sansone? I just bought Walk away the pounds, Walk & Job....it is fabulous. I broke a serious sweat & I that is exactly what I was looking for.

charliekay
02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
well i am not saying i am going to get down 40 something pounds more by then,i am going to keep it up there to see how much i can lose by my birthday,it really helps me personally and gives me something to strive for,its my own personal motivation to strive to be thinner by my birthday,whether i lose 50 pounds or 5 pounds by my birhday i want to strive to do better,it will keep me from wanting to snack or something. i dont expect to lose that much by my birthday,but i also don't want to lose only 5 or 10 pounds by it either,i am losing inches like wild now and whatever i can get down to by then i will do it,i am not doing the wrong way or starving myself at all,i am on a plan with a nutrienist,and i am doing great,two pant sizes in a month i think is pretty cool,so please dont be mad or call me wrong about my goal it helps me personally to want to do better for myelf and to want to get below 200 for the first time in 5 years! so please just ignore my scale on it if it disturbs anyone its just my own helper.sorry did not mean to start anything,please accept my apology.and i love this site and want to keep being involved in everything,i still think we should have a great new challenge for the thread after valentines day,and i promise i will have a logical goal for it :)

ctrsara
02-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Don't worry, charliekay, I think they're just trying to keep you from being disappointed if you don't meet that specific goal. You're doing great, and like you say, any weight/inches lost are a victory! (As long as we all work hard to do it the healthy way, which helps us to KEEP it of). I remember when I was first doing WW I was almost 200 lbs (but only 18, and 5'4) the weight came off 2-3 lbs a week and it was great. Now that I am quite a bit lower than that (just over 160, have not been under 150 since I was a freshman in HS) it comes off more slowly, but I keep working on it!
I had a bad weekend and crashed Monday, but I was AMAZING yesterday! I ate my WW points, including lots of protein and no white flour, and I also exercised 30 minutes in the morning (elliptical), then almost 2 hours yesterday night! (while my husband tutored for a few hours). It was mostly so I could feel like I made up for crashing food-wise Monday. I did an hour on the elliptical then did weights, floor exercises, and stretching for an hour. I felt so good about myself! (Though I was quite tired!) Non-related, but then I even did the dishes. Woo-hoo for me! I need to stay strong tonight because I am not cooking dinner... we have a young married's class, and our "teacher" cooks us a meal every Wednesday. There are always healthy options (plenty of fruit and veggies, very well-balanced) so I just need to make those choices and watch my portions of the other stuff! :) Wish me luck. Congrats to all of you on how well you're doing!! :carrot:

charliekay
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM
thank you sooo much ctrsara, i appreciate it sooo much,oh my to be 160 sounds wonderful. it feels soo good to be on the lower side of 200 then on the upper side of it,makes me feel like i can reall do this,my cousin did ww and she was really big and boy it seemed like the weight just fell off her,she lost it sooooooo fast,it was unbeliveable. i dont think ww is for me but i am shure you can get to your goal also.and u will do wonderful at your dinner :)

goalweight160
02-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Don't worry, charliekay, I think they're just trying to keep you from being disappointed if you don't meet that specific goal. :carrot:

That is exactly what I was trying to say. It is very easy to get discouraged once the weight loss starts to slow down. Many people get discouraged when they set specific goals and can not meet them.

Charliekay, you have been doing so well......I don't want to see you get discouraged when you can't meet that goal. You do what you got to do to get yourself motivated....just don't quit your program if you don't lose 47 lbs over the course of the next 7 weeks.

goalweight160
02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
why is my ticker not showing up on here??

I'm having the same problem everytime I post, what's the deal?????

brokeneyes
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey everybody, im new today. and I would love to start off with a good challenge! and im sure eating chocolate hearts after losing 14lbs wont be soo bad,lol. Well I would also love to have a buddy who is also on this challenge, so we can communicate and help motivate each other. Hope to hear from Ya'll. Bye!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-leopard/luck02/lb/145/125/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

charliekay
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
brokeneyes u can join us anytime , and yes eating a chocolate heart would taste good ,i am going to try and not eat any chocolate,but i will splerg and go out to eat hopefully.since i have lost my val.goal hopefully i can lose a pound or so more and it won't hurt me too much to eat out.

goalweight, at least i am not the only one whos scale is not working.it drives me nuts.

Robsia
02-01-2006, 03:33 PM
The ticker only shows up on the first post you make on each page - not all of them. There is a thread about it in the Announcements forum.

ctrsara
02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome brokeneyes - yes, please join us in setting and meeting our goals. (Well, my goal hasn't gone so well, but it kickstarted me, and I'm doing better than I was before!) So today I am feeling a little out of control. I haven't eaten anything too bad yet, but I just want to put stuff in my mouth. I need to be very careful, because my t.o.m. is about to start (usually makes me want to eat like crazy) and because I had such a calorie deficit yesterday compared to the several days before, my body wants to compensate. I can just FEEL it - I've been munchy and even hungry at unusual times today. Ha ha, body. I am doing this on purpose. Please stop trying to compensate, as I know what's good for you more than you do. :)
:coach: :ebike: :wl: :tread:
Talk to you all later!

goalweight160
02-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Sara, you're funny! :dizzy:

ctrsara
02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah, well, my "funniness" didn't completely work. My body and I both had some victories (against each other) yesterday. I was crazy eating-wise, like I said, and I ate more than I wanted to, but much less than I would have liked to. If I hadn't been trying to be so strong I would have eaten a lot, I think, especially since DH was out of town last night. I went to my dinner for my class, and did okay. I ate salad (with a little dressing) a little bit of pork roast (though none of the fat), a miniscule baked potato(smaller than the palm of my hand), about 10 Cheetos (which, as I've said are my weakness), a bunch of grapes and a half banana. I was able to pass up the ice cream sandwich at the end. :) At home afterwards it was a slightly different story, and I ate some cashews I shouldn't have, as well as a bit of cheese. I finally realized I was going to keep snacking, so I compromised and popped a few cups of popcorn (stove popper) using less than a tsp of olive oil. It wasn't a victorious day, but I wasn't defeated. Sort of a stalemate. :) I was tired, but I did walk on the elliptical 30 minutes as well.
Anyway, enough about me - how are you all doing?? :)

charliekay
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
well today is a boreing day here,its cold and rainy,and blah.really makes u just want to curl up with a movie and eat popcorn or something.i think i will go to the tanning bed so i can get some vitamin d in my skin and feel better.hope ya'll have a great day.

goalweight160
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Down another pound everyone!!!! YEAH!!! CHEER FOR ME!!!!

charliekay
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
wonderful! that is fabulous.congrats!!

brokeneyes
02-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Well ive lost 3 lbs as of today because of water weight no doubt..but it's still weight!!! Im so exited to find a commuinity that actually does chat everyday and encourage healthy weight loss!

** Dont worry about losing a certain amount of weight in a short amount of time..challenges are great, but as long as you are constantly moving in a positive direction the weight will fall off in time***

Keep up the good work!!!

Valentines day goal..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-leopard/luck02/lb/0/14/3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

charliekay
02-02-2006, 08:36 PM
thanks i appreciate it,they three pounds is wonderful.

goalweight160
02-02-2006, 11:01 PM
CharlieKay you own a restaurant? How can you resist the temptation?

Ericka

DeafinlySmart
02-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm down 9lbs, but I'm stalling a bit.

Robsia
02-03-2006, 09:30 AM
YES YES YES!!!

It's gone, it's gone, it's gone!!

*Does happy dance*

It was 198.8 this morning so I lost that last 0.5 lb and 0.2 lb as well.

Valentine's Day goal well and truly demolished!!!!

So my next goal now is 12 pounds by St Patrick's Day - that's down to 187 by 17/3/6. That's exactly 2 pounds a week.

ctrsara
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
YAY for all of you!!! That's so exciting! I don't know about you, but my favorite part about losing weight is how all of my clothes start fitting differently! I, sadly, lost no more weight this week, but I'm holding my own, and stayed on plan yesterday, as well as getting 30 minutes of exercise. I am hanging in there, and at least my jeans fit comfortably again. They were getting way too tight for several weeks there...

flamejobgrrl
02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Sara - Wish I lived closer to help you fight your body for those cravings. TOM is so brutal - I need sugar and salt, at the same time, and in huge quantities! THe best, chocolate covered caramel pretzels at Starbucks and then while there throw in some rich coffee drink too.

So - the gym FINALLY opened in my town and it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! more cardio machines then I thought there would be in a supermarket gym. I have been so sick this week (all week off for coughing and not able to catch my breath), but managed to go once and move a little. Then sat in the sauna - not sure if it helped, but things seem better now. Going this weekend to do a heavier workout although I still break out in fits of coughing. When I was back in the school today, some of the other teachers said they could see I had lost weight - from my face. WAAAAA HOOOO seeya face fat (that is the worst fat, well, that and the fat under the arms, on the belly, on the butt, on the thighs, in the breasts...). Think I am down another lb, but have to wait til the morning to check.

charliekay
02-05-2006, 12:32 PM
hey i need help,our anniversary is next month and we want to go somewhere for the fist time in years.i need help picking a romantic place to go,it has to be in teh states and not too far away from where we live.we can't travel two days to get somewhere or something.help me please

goalweight160
02-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Great news everyone! I've hit a big milestone.......10 lbs GONE FOREVER!!!! Yeah.

Charliekay, my husband and I just got married in Key West a year ago & we loved it!

charliekay
02-06-2006, 01:38 AM
that sounds great,i might check it out.thanks.

flamejobgrrl
02-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Need a good work out? Shovel wet wet snow. Oh my goodness I can't believe how hard that was. I was trying to shovel out to get to the gym - mwahahahahha not going to happen.

Found some lingerie/bras at a store in the mall I have never been in and it fits. When you aren't teeny tiny it is hard to find these things that fit and look good. When I am not with my mom I will go back and look for items that are not "practical" as a celebration for Feb goal. I have to work hard for the next 2 weeks to make it at the goal.

charliekay
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
i am also looking for sexy lingerie too,i want some stuff for our anniversary next month.i ordered a teddy,but i want some more stuff

charliekay
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
i am also looking for sexy lingerie too,i want some stuff for our anniversary next month.i ordered a teddy,but i want some more stuff

charliekay
02-06-2006, 10:52 AM
i am sooo sorry,my enter button stuck or something,boy that is alot of posts

ctrsara
02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Hello friends. Sounds like you're all doing well. :) I'm okay, I guess. Not a good fitness weekend. Between cravings and all kinds of family get-togethers I definitely ate the wrong kinds of things. When I weighed on Thursday and hadn't lost anything though I was good all week (well, mostly) I sorta lost my motivation temporarily. But here we go again. I'm just going to keep trying and it's going to work for me! One more family thing tonight (my 19-year-old brother is going to Argentina for two years on a church mission, and he leaves Tuesday) but it should just be normal food, not all the cake and ice cream like yesterday... Can't work out today but tomorrow I should get a good hour and a half in. Talk to you later!

flamejobgrrl
02-07-2006, 02:54 AM
The stuff I found at the mall was at "AdditionElle". NOt sure if that store is in the states as well. They had some really nice stuff in sizes up to DDD I think (not sure if they had bigger).

charliekay
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
well thankfully i won't need DDD or even a D,boy that is big! no i haven't ever heard of that store, well not at least here in the south,don't know if they have them up north or not.i bought some real pretty pale pink champagne classes and pink and red candles last night,i can't wait to use them :)

goalweight160
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
None here in Wisconsin that I am aware of....

charliekay
02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
does anyone know of any good shops here in the U S where i can get some sexy looking shirts in 2x ???

goalweight160
02-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I always have good luck at Lane Bryant, they are owened by New York & Company...you know the store for girls with no hips, butt or boobs!

If you don't have any stores, check out their website.

goalweight160
02-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Only one more week left to hit our V-day goal weight!!!!!

Get ready for our next challenge....10 lbs by Spring (March 20).

flamejobgrrl
02-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't know if I can reach the goal. BOOO. I was doing so well, but since getting better and getting an appetite back, the scale hasn't moved. I am going to the gym more now that I can breath - maybe I have got more muscle going on than I thought.

*sigh*

charliekay
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
i am soo happy i have already reached my goal,and the ten pounds by spring should be no problem,i say that anyway,that is always soo much easier then doing it.

ctrsara
02-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow, no one posted yesterday or today... well, actually, I will not be sticking with you guys for the next challenge, because I just found out I am 3 weeks pregnant... yay! (Though I had hoped to lose more weight before this) Now I will concentrate on eating healthy, getting plenty of low-impact exercise, and not gaining more weight than is advised for someone who is slightly overweight. Wish me luck...

Robsia
02-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Wow - congratulations!!!

I haven't been posting on this particular thread as I met my V-day target already so it seems silly to keep posting on here.

You are about the same weight I was when I got pg. I put on about 40 pounds and had lost it all three weeks after the birth. I put it down to b-fing and a week of hospital food, most of which I didn't like!!

ctrsara
02-10-2006, 02:00 PM
lol Robsia - that's one way to lose weight! I am hoping to keep up my exercise and make good food choices and [I]hopefully[I] I can keep my weight gain on the low end of the recommended. If not, I'll deal with that later, but I am going to try hard! I don't want to lose too much ground when I have fought so hard for it! I am very excited though, and SO FAR I haven't had any kind of nausea. Hopefully that is a good precedent? I can always wish... :smug:

charliekay
02-10-2006, 02:58 PM
CONGRATES!!! that is wonderful.please keep us up to date on your pregnancy.

goalweight160
02-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats SARA!!!!!!

flamejobgrrl
02-10-2006, 11:40 PM
SARA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps that explains all the binges that you couldn't stop. Way to go girly!

tgirl
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I know it's been about a week since I last posted but between my birthday and being somewhat sick other things were keeping me busy. Last week started out not so great as it felt like I had a touch of the flu and didn't eat much for four days. However, by the end of the week I was in celebratory mood for my birthday and began enjoying wine and martinis that I had not been drinking for the past month. I also ate a few things that I haven't been since beginning this challenge. The good news is that I didn't lose or gain any weight...but now I only have two days to see if the last two pounds will drop off or not. It's great to read how some have already met the challenge, and it's even better to see that we are all just as excited to begin the next one...I like the lose 12 by St Patrick's day!

SW:180
CW:168
GW:160

goalweight160
02-13-2006, 10:22 AM
should I start a new thread or are we going to keep posting here? Our V-day challenge is over tomorrow. I think a new thread should be started so we can get others to join us as well.....what do you guys think?

Robsia
02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Well, a few ideas have been put forward - does anyone else want to join with me on my 12 lbs by St Patrick's Day?

charliekay
02-13-2006, 11:39 AM
goalweight- what challange are we having now???? i have kinda fell off the wagon the past week and i am ready to jump back on.off to work now.

flamejobgrrl
02-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I doubt I can do 12lbs by March 17, but I am in for 8lbs (which is 2 a week). I am going to start a general thread, you can post your own goal....something realistic for each person after seeing how the first challenge played out for you.

charliekay
02-14-2006, 12:19 AM
well please let us know whom ever does start another thread,so we can follow along

Robsia
02-14-2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1130230#post1130230

goalweight160
02-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I've started a new thread as well.....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1130973#post1130973

DeafinlySmart
02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Didn't think I was gonna make it. This morning my scale showed a 14lb loss just in time for February 14th!:carrot: We need some more dancing icons.

Robsia
02-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Yay - well done!! Got in under the wire - congrats!

charliekay
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
thank i am signing up for the spring challenge