Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default January Chat!

Good morning, all!

I forgot to start the new chat yesterday.

I'm EXTREMELY irritable this morning. I've gained back the pound I lost this week. Hopefully it's only due to TOM...

How's everyone doing? Hopefully getting back on track with the food and exercise...

Come on in... anyone and everyone is welcome.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #2  

Hi and happy New Year everyone... we have just come back from our family holiday which was quite a mixed bag... but it was fairly relaxing and we met some great people.

Today I started back on phase 1 of SBD and feel really good for that decision... I also got up and took my daughter for a walk and a play in the park - we had great fun!

I am feel quite positive about my weight at the moment.. I did a few things while on holiday that I normally wouldn't like swimming etc and I fel like I have a better appreciation for my body how it is right now rather than having a seige mentality which is a very positive step.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #3  
Wanda

Hi ladies can I join in?
I am back on track today with my WW. I have been doing it since July and had lost 20lbs but put back on 4lbs over the holidays. I WI today and have lost a tiny .2lbs but it is better than a gain.
We had a great holiday season and I am glad to be back on track now.
I am happy that I found this site and am looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!
Oh I guess I should introduce myself....I am Wanda 35, I am married to an awesome guy. We are currently in the process of adopting a beautiful baby boy named Noah. I am an RN in L&D and am currently on leave to take care of our little guy.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #4  

Happy New Year, ladies!

Marianna, so glad you had fun with your daughter. You're having nice weather, eh? Interested in some snow?

Wanda, welcome! I love your son's name...
Congratulations on getting back on track!

I've been very sluggish the last few days, but I've just put my running shoes on, and am considering getting on the treadmill...
Old 01-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #5  

Yep.. I would love some snom - I have never seen it... plus it was 37 degrees here yesterday and the humidity is really high... at least it is cooler after our big storm last night... whew!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #6  

hi there! i'd like to join too. marianna nice to see someone else in metric too

i was doing really well but today i binged. no excuse it was a GOOD day. i just got overexcited and started chowing down grrr
oh well
look forward to chatting to you all
Old 01-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  

Welcome, Sweet Pea!!
Yes, it's nice to see metric, isn't it? I like to complain about the weather, and I always have to convert to Imperial for my darling American friends here.
Congratulations on your loss to date!

I DID get on the treadmill yesterday... feeling pretty good about that. But this morning, DH said he was on it last night, and there's something wrong with it. CURSES!! Going to check it out...

Have a great day, all!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

HI all still a little slow getiing into the swing of things. DH finally went back to work today. I love him to death, but I can't exercise when he is around. I didn't do bad with the food, but it could have been a little better.

Marrianna~I am dying. you said it was warm, then 37. I actually had to stop and think, then I remembered you are down under and I started laughing. I though I had read it wrong. I am not good with metric, but I do know that 37 is pretty darn hot. My Mom and sister are leaving tommorrow for sydney. THey are going to visit some friends for about 3 weeks. I just did the conversoin. it is only 4 here. Boy are they going to love winter down there (I know it is summer) We are actually warm for this time of year we are usually in the teens to 20's (f) (-6 to -9c) but are enjoying this warm up for another day or two. Maybe I will go for a walk. Have a great day all!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #9  

Cool

I wrote a long post yesterday and then the site wouldn't let me post it. Happy New Year all and welcome to the newbies. I went off program again lsat week and was not as controlled as I was during Christmas weekend. I think it had to do with the binge syndrome and the fact that the party would be over after New Years. Sigh. So I weighed in at the clinic Tuesday night, expecting to have gained 2-3 lbs and low and behold I lost 1 lb! So I celebrated by finishing off the bottle of wine I had and washing down a turkey sand. Sigh. It's a struggle getting back on track. I have started exercising a bit though. Monday I went for the first long walk in years and it didn't bother me. And I've started walking during my lunch hours instead of staying in an reading, although I do love to read.
How is everyone doing?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #10  

Welcome back, Ellen and Rosetta!

Ellen, I am so with you re: exercising when DH is around. I love mine dearly, too, but as well as being a secret eater, I am a secret exerciser.
I don't want ANY comments on my progress. (or lack, thereof)

Rosetta, I'm sorry about your lost post. The site has been overloaded of late with new people making resolutions.
Congratulations on losing! AND on walking! It's hard to do, but you feel so good afterwards, don't you?

I'm feeling terribly sluggish... I don't know what's wrong with me. I think it may be the weather. I'd give anything to sit outside on the verandah for some fresh air with a book and a coffee. I HATE winter.
I just went outside and did some shoveling, so I'm feeling a little energized...

Hope everyone is well!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #11  

Rosetta~Congats on your loss. I wish I could say the same. I have gained 3# since christmas. Keep up the good work.

Ellis~I can exercise when DH is around, but we had so many things planned I never got around to it. Next Week will be better.

So, I actually stayed OP today!!! Yay! At least I have one thing going for me! Things went pretty well. I got DS up and dressed for school and the other 5 all got up about 30-45 mins after that. My siblings all got down to their woork after DS got on the bus. (they are home-schooled) Lucky for me, my mom only left a modified day for them to do while they are here with me. Dh came home around 1pm and we left two with the oldest and took the other three and went food shopping. (The oldest had it easy, the two we left with him were napping) THen we had a nice dinner and MY dad stopped by (the kids forgot their toothbrushes) He stayed for dinner and we had a nice visit. Although, I did fold laudry while he was here, but now it is all done. I still have to put it away tomorrow because some of the lkittle ones already were in bed. But I should beable to knock it out while they are eating breackfast in the morning. So far the routine is working well. still some kinks to work out, but only one more day until the weekend! What a crazy month this will be!

Sorry for the rambling. Have a great Friday Everyone!!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #12  

Howdy.. yep our weather is pretty hot at the moment - about 100 degrees farenheit (according to the conversin table I just looked at). We have some cooler weather coming and I am really looking forward to it On the plus side of the heat is the desire to eat salad and light food - which is wonderful for my south beach but not so good for exercise... so I am happy just to focus on the food for a bit...

upswife.. great to read that you had an OP day - congrats to you I hope that your family like Sydney.. I haven't been myself. I am going later in the year though to visit a friend. I am told that it is very beautiful.

ellis.. hope you are fighting off the winter blues soon. I can imagine that such cold weather would be hard to manage as well

rosettastone.. going for walks at lunch is great. I have a uni buddy that we have lunch and then a walk with and it always makes me feel much more focused for afternon lectures

sweet_pea.. I think metric is so much more simple. I find the pounds system a little too complicated. BUT of course, it is all what you are used to I hope that you are feeling better after the binge day.. it can be so hard to stop.. water or going for a walk can be my only saviour lately.

Well this week I am doing really well so far. I think coming to this forum and staring my eating disorder in the face has given me a measure of peace.. before I just kept lying to myself.. hey I have pcos and insulin resistance, my nanna is big - I must just take after her etc etc.

My husband bought me a beautiful journey called the sacred journey and it is to begin journalling every day and to specifically to feel grounded and to remember the bigger picture and your goals.. it seems to keep me focused every day. I like to end the day reading or writing in it.. very helpful.

I wish you all much positive vibes for a great weekend.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #13  

Red face

Good morning ladies. I am relatively new here to 3FC and am enjoying reading about each of you. I started WW at home just before Christmas and was able to keep in control (well, except for 3 days of holiday eating) and am proud to say that as of 4 days ago, I have dropped 4 pounds. I am motivated to make this journey AGAIN and am happy to be here to do it. I need all of the support I can get as I live alone and temptation is always there. My next goal is to start getting some activity in my life. Maybe I'll dust off that treadmill in the basement. I haven't used it in years.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #14  

Gypsyladie. Great job on the loss so far!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #15  

Welcome, Gypsyladie!
Congratulations on the four pounds! Yes, dust off that treadmill and join us in the exercise thread.

Ellen, good going staying OP!!
I can't wait until the kids go back to school this coming week. I'm so looking forward to getting back into my own routines.

Marianna, what a lovely gift from your DH. Some men know just what to get.
I'm glad you're feeling some peace, hon.
And thank you for the hug... it's much appreciated. I'm feeling pretty good today.
100F, eh? My gosh. Is it humid, or dry? Sounds like DEATH!

Funny about the metric system... we started learning it when I was in... maybe around grade 8. So I was already deeply "committed" to the old Imperial system. Now, I know my height in feet and my weight in pounds, but I only "know" temperatures, cooking measurements, speeds and lengths (other than my height!) in metric. It's like learning another language. Some things I just have to keep converting in my head.
Having said that, it is -22C (-7F) right now with the wind chill. Darned cold, although nothing like we sometimes get. Last year we got a number of days in the -40C.

Yesterday I went to Ikea with my mom and sister. Mom bought me a new duvet (early b-day gift), and I bought a duvet cover. (green with funky dots) We were lovely and warm last night. Our old down duvet was driving me NUTS! All the down had shifted tightly to the edges.
I'm babbling...

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Eat well, and get some exercise!
Closed Thread