Support Groups - STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #1

mscat816
01-02-2006, 10:34 AM
The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum.

Let's see how much we can lose by Valentine's Day!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

mscat816
01-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Although this is already January 2 - this is the first day for the rest of our lives. How do you like the new theme for the thread "STOP THE INSANITY!" ??? Thanks to carla for this brilliant idea! Hope it gets you going.

Please note the slight change to the purpose of the thread -do it for a week or more until it stops working. Then change it, increase it, add something else to it but do something different - never be satisfied with the status quo. The description of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I ask that we each pledge to be taskmasters of each other in "STOPPING THE INSANITY" when we become complacent. This is really about pushing the boundaries especially when we reach those dreaded plateaus.

Today I am reporting my starting weight as 237. My goals this week are to drink 64 oz min., do at least 15 minutes of exercise a day. My bonus goal (not counting in this week's challenge) is to track my WW points and attend a meeting.

Looking to hear from everyone today!

carla49
01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
A new year started, and new opportunities for success in all things.

The first official weigh-in of the year, and less damage than I feared: up about a pound instead of the 3 or 4 I thought. :carrot: Once again, proof that it actually takes sustained excess to really keep gaining! And proof too that it pays to nip those bad behaviours in the bud asap. (I found it interesting how quickly I started to crave sweets and other goodies again - it really is like a form of insanity! :crazy: ) Who knew! :dunno:

This week's challenges: 1) To be in bed, TV and computer off by midnight; 2) No eating after 8 pm EXCEPT for veggies and/or one decaf skim cappucino.

TOGETHER WE CAN SUCCEED!

deleted
01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
:D *You KNOW who you are, girls! :D

So I have the horrifying news that I have apparently gained SIX POUNDS since I weighed the day after Christmas. :o :mad: :devil: The scale has not hit this high in I don't know when, but I will survive it. I might as well have eaten BOWLS of salt (along with calories) the last few days .... so I'm sure I'll have a big fluid drop after I've been good a couple of days!!! PLEASE, O Mighty Weight-Loss Gods!!!:^: :^: :^: I knew I was really stuffing myself over the weekend, but I didn't think it would be this bad!!!:( :o :( Starting weight: 206 lbs. for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selina, big :hug: to you, girl! I've been missing you on here, and was so happy to see you check in on last week's thread. Please jump back in with us on our Weekly Challenges ... we'd love to see your pretty face more often!

Carla, Mscat, Selina ........... we are going to do well with STOP THE INSANITY! I like it ... :) I wish everybody a wonderful, healthy, successful New Year with your Challenges! :grouphug:

My Challenge for this week: Exercise (water, walk or weight room) at least five times through next Sunday, and drop at least four pounds!!!!

:cheer: for us all!

happy2bme
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
What a great idea, I'd love to join you ladies.

I've had alot of health problems these last few months, including a flirt with what turned out to not be rheumatoid arthritis but very close to it. My doctor has put me on a diet and exercise program which is crucial to me now more than ever.

My starting weight is (ummm do I HAVE to tell? :o :o) 242.

My goals for the next 7 days are to stick to the food program and track my carbs like I am supposed to. 3 bottles of water a day - at least 50 oz and 30 minutes of exercise. It might seem like alot all at once but I've been prepping for this for the last 2 weeks. I didn't get completely into it as I was out of town for the Christmas holidays and cut myself some slack. New Year now, no more excuses.

It's 67 glorious degrees out here (highly unusual) - so I think a walk out in the fresh air with a bottle of water is in order - see 2 out of 3 goals in one pop.

I wish you all success - I promise to be here for you if you need a hug, encouragement or some old fashioned :nono: and I hope you'll do the same for me.

Thanks for starting the thread MsCat, c'mon girls, let's do the hussle!

deleted
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
happy2bme :welcome: .... so happy to have you with us this week!

Girls, it's only my first day of this new Challenge, but I DID go to water aerobics tonight, and it felt so great to be back. Then into the hot tub, 104 degrees, and it felt divine. After I drink this glass of wine and eat my Lean Cuisine (Vegetable Eggroll ... so good!), I will have had 1250 calories. Probably have some fruit or yoghurt after that, and call it a day for the food intake! Good for me ... :D First day back under control!

Good luck to you all this week! We can do it! :grouphug:

dgpebbles
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Hello ladies..

ready to start off the new year....Made it thruogh new years weekend with a 1/2 lb down..surprised after drinking sat night..
So I'm starting this week off at 188.5

I'm getting my exercise bike that I ordered in on thursday so my challenge is to exercise for a min of 15 minutes thurs-sun and to drink 60oz of water..thats up 20oz from where I've been at..

Good luck everyone

emjay71
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi gals,

I would love to get in on this challenge. It sounds like just what I have been looking for. My goal is to get in at least 64oz. of H20 or more per day and do my 3-mile walk away the lbs. dvd everyday. Right now my weight is 228 but my weigh in day is Tuesday so I will start my challenge tomorrow and also check back in w/ my updated weight.

By the way has anyone read the book "Stop the Insanity" by Susan Powter. I would highly recommend it, it's great.

MJ

deleted
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Welcome emjay71 ... we are pleased to have you with us! :)

Mscat, one question? Is Monday going to continue to be our weigh-in day, officially, for this thread? I was assuming it would be ... anyhooooooo, that's when I thought I'd report in, since I'm re-starting on a Monday.

Hope everybody is having a great evening!

mscat816
01-03-2006, 01:01 AM
:welcome2: emjay! Sounds like you are in the right place at the right time!

:welcome: happy2bme - we are happy to have you aboard too!

Ok ladies - got my 64 oz plus in and did a 20 minute bellydance workout with my daughter. Tracked my weight watchers (over 2 points!) All in all a good start Didn't get to bed on time (another bonus goal) - had to work on math homework with DH on DD's Christmas assignment which we found out about today!

Bonnie - I thought we could weigh in on Monday :goodscale: when the thread changes unless anyone has another suggestion. I am open. BTW -Don't feel bad - I am up 6 pounds too!

See ya all tomorrow!

happy2bme
01-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi ladies, thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Weigh in Mondays sound great to me too - keeps me from overdoing it on the weekend.

Water was good, food was good and all was tracked and within the guidelines of the diet today. I didn't do so hot on the exercise. Started to go for a walk but this cold is knocking the stuffing out of me. I got weak and out of breath quickly and then went into fits of wracking coughs so I turned around and came home. Maybe I'll just be limited to stretches and some weights for the next few days until I can beat this cold out of me.

Didn't get to bed at a reasonable time either - don't feel bad MsCat - at least you have an honorable excuse! There always seems to be one more thing to do, doesn't there?

Sushi Penguin
01-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Hi Mscat, Carla, Bonnie and everyone else! :cb: :grouphug:

I love the new idea behind the weekly challenge! :cheer: And I'm ready to jump on the wagon, too. :) I'm starting at 138 lbs - 2 pounds down despite Christmas and New Year's!!! :cheer: And since my mid-January goal is around the corner (hopefully), my next one will be to be at 133 lbs or below by Valentine's. :crossed:

It's the evening of Tuesday, Jan 3rd here. I've been focusing on getting back on track. I've resumed my paused 21-day challenges, but haven't really thought up a new weekly challenge, so I'll just stick with the old stuff - I do know it WORKS! :lol: It seems like today will be a success. :)

My challenge for this week:
- 3 to 4 bottles of water and no food after 7 pm (late light dinner ok if necessary, but no munching!)
- light off and ready to sleep by 10:30 pm
bonus: to do 10 min on the stationary bike in the mornings (part of my 21-day challenge)

Good luck everyone! :goodvibes

carla49
01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Monday's challenges complete: TV and laptop off at midnight, and no eating after 8. Both were imperfect, however. I got home from spinning at 8 pm, ravenous, and did have a protein shake, which I think I'll allow under the terms of my contract with myself (it would have been insane NOT to eat something...) And somehow I forgot my nighttime cappucino was supposed to be decaf :doh: , and made it half-caf. So although the lights were out soon after 12, it must have been at least 2 when I finally dropped off. Woke up at 5:30 STARVING. :hungry: Lots of fine-tuning needed here! But a welcome sight on the scale this morning - no ticker change, since it'll just go right back once I eat, but I'll take it anyway. :D

Happy, Pebbles: :welcome: to our merry little crew.

deleted
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
:flow2: Okay, ladies, I KNOW it was fluid, but three pounds down this morning!!! :flow2: So glad to see that scale drop ... even though I KNEW it had to be temporary. So now, I'm at 203 pounds.

So glad to see the thread rocking as we start off the New Year! Mscat, I think Monday is the best weigh-in day simply because, IMHO, it helps to rein us in on the weekend, as someone noted above. :D You KNOW you must weigh on Monday ... :o So I'm going to assume that to be my official weigh-in day. :)

:grouphug: to you all! Good luck on your SECOND official Challenge day of the year 2006!!!

phatpanda
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Hello All-

YAY!! It's a new week!!:D I must say this weekend was HARD...I visited family so of course the focus of all things was what to eat, so needless to say not eating after 7pm went down the drain..I must have more willpower!

So...challenge for the week I will do my exercise tape everyday!! It's a 30 min dance dvd that's not even that rough of a workout, but at least it will keep me moving!

:welcome2: to all the people who are joining with the new year!!!

Sushi Penguin
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Okay, just quickly :)
Tuesday was a success, looking forward to today. :)
I'm going to change my Valentine's goal to 132 lbs - because that's easier to measure with my metric scale.

Good luck everybody!

emjay71
01-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok, my official weight for the week is 227. Thanks.

emjay71
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, it helped to read the previous posts, should have done that first. My new official weigh-in day will be Monday as well. Thanks for the warm welcome.

mj

mscat816
01-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Ladies - I am working hard today although I am still sick - went to work and coughed my fool head off all day. Got my 64+ oz of water in, getting ready to track my points - I know I am still under :cb: I don't know if I am going to get my exercise in - coughing too much. We'll see if I can get some crunches in at least.

happy :cheer: for your success today! I agree with you - there are not enough hours in the day and having a cold makes it really tough to get in the desired exercise.

Sushi :woo: :woo: for your 2lbs down! and :cheer: for meeting your goals today. Your weekly goals are so awe-inspiring. Good luck on your next 21 day challenge.

carla :cheer: for your Monday goals met! :no: more half caf for you at night young lady!

phatpanda - you are going to kick some butt:kickcan: this week with your workout tape!

Bonnie :woo: :woo: :woo: for your 3lbs! I bet you will be in onderland again by next Monday.

emjay :thanks: for weighing in and for joining our little group.

I am heading for the Nyquil bottle and bed a few crunches. Have a great evening ladies - we are off to a rockin' start.

dgpebbles
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi ladies
Well I did manage to get my 60 oz of water down today along with a few crunches..how is everyone else doing?
mscat get well soon you've been sick too long

deleted
01-04-2006, 08:31 AM
How much fluid was I holding, ladies? :o :o :o I am so relieved to see the scale going down!!! I hope you guys are having good news also!

I walked so much at the basketball game (NC State/UNC-Greensboro) that I'm going to count yesterday as an exercise day, even though I didn't make it to the weight-room. I'm going to the Mall this morning, and will shop and walk, walk, walk there. We are going to a hockey game tonight (YAY!!!), so I will count the Mall as my exercise today. I hate missing my Y sessions a couple of nights but I don't get chances to go to games that often! This weekend, I am going to add sessions at the Y, also.

Mscat, time to feel better! :hug: to you!

Have a good day, all! :)

carla49
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Mscat, take care of that cold! You SHOULD take a few days off exercise (at least treadmill) until your lungs are clear.

Yesterday was another challengeful day: no eating after 8pm (gotta change that next week - I seem to be getting in late and missing or rushing dinner) and in bed lights off by midnight. I'm hoping soon I'll get back to falling asleep quickly, but maybe that will only work when I stay up until I'm ready to drop. Maybe I need a two-hour-nap-at-5pm challenge... As a bonus challenge, I'm also trying for 3 veg and 3 fruits per day, which has been pretty good, although I don't necessarily finish my fruits in time to respect the no-evening-eating challenge.

Bonnie, congrats on seeing the scale move. It will probably move more in the next few days - mine did!

mscat816
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Good Evening my Lovely Ladies!

You all are soooo awesome and inspiring - even in my illness, I am anxious to read your posts and see what progress you are all making toward your goals. I have a simple message for today - I applaud :cp: each one of you who have taken this challenge on and given it more than lip service - by taking ACTION. Wanting to lose weight does not make it happen. DOING the things you know will make a difference makes weight loss happen. When you stop just wanting and start Doing, you change who you are Being - and who you are Being is phenomenal weight and health minded Women of Wonder - WOW. Let's continue the fight to "STOP THE INSANITY" of wanting and trying by taking ACTION and DOING whatever it takes to BE who we are. :bravo:

My doc is waiting for the xray to see if I have bronchitis or pneumonia! So no more exercise for me until I stop coughing and my chest is clear. I am tracking my food and getting my water in but taking a break from exercise.

dg :cheer: for that water and crunches.

Bonnie :cheer: for all that walking - I know it's not as gratifying as your yoga, but any amount of walking is better than sitting on your butt! Good for you!

carla :cheer: for working so hard on getting your meals in and bedtime. I am going to take that challenge on next. Eating before it's late is a real challenge for me and even when I am sick - early bed is like torture for me.

Have a great night ladies.

acire
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
My start/highest weight is 215.2 lbs. I'd love to weigh in on Mondays.. I'm so excited!!!

My goal is to continue the workouts... I've done the elliptical for 45 minutes Tue and Wed (today) I want to go Thur- racquet ball and a 30 minute elliptical and Fri- elliptical 45 min.

Sat and Sun= Windsor Pillates Power in 20 workout.

dgpebbles
01-04-2006, 11:18 PM
mscat you have a great way with words....You always motivate me everytime I read your posts..Thank you:hug:
Hope you get well soon

well i got in 60oz of water again today...Also my stationary bike arrived today so I did 20 mins and 4.10 miles....hoping to get in some crunches tonight before bed but I don't know ..it's been a long day and I'm tired...

happy2bme
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Evenin' ladies and welcome to all the new folks who have joined up!

mscat, I seemed to have picked up the midwest Christmas cold that circulates round your part of the country when I went back home to Chicago for the holidays. That's the cold germs that frequent the malls when we're all busy trying to get our shopping done and really DON'T need to be sidetracked by being sick. I tried to tough it out for a week but when I was meeting the nutrionist for my check in today, I asked to see the doctor to have her take a look at me. Lots of inflamation and bad stuff going on inside me. She gave me a shot in the butt :eek: (haven't had one of those since I was a kid) along with 3 different prescriptions. Moral is, this is a nasty one and you are wise to take it easy. Make other compromises and eat good, nourishing food to get you healthy and drink buckets of water. And if you can't get to bed early on your own, then take a nice warm tub soak. Jump in bed while you are still warm and can breath through your nose from the steam and the residual body warmth should help you nod out.

:carrot: Way to go dgpebbles and acire on the workouts

Carla I hear you on the evening fruit servings. Sometimes after dinner I just don't want it. Maybe get some fruit in with breakfast and save the other serving for an afternoon snack.

:D Happy Day on the downward scale slide Bonnie.

Apologies that I won't be able to address everyone always but I will try to cycle through. One of my bad habits is spending too much time on the computer, particularly at 3FC. So first things first - attention to the diet and exercise and it means cutting back on the PC time.

I did have a Stop the Insanity Moment yesterday. It's so easy to forget your resolution after a few days and slowly slide back into bad habits. (Stop the Insanity to me sometimes means doing the same things over and over - usually not so good for me things and then expecting different results - positive results for doing bad things :dizzy:) I'm still sick so I'm laying low on the exercise until I can breathe again. But I found myself sitting on the couch in the evening, wasting over an hour and a half channel surfing, watching bits of movies I've already seen and shows I don't care about. I decided this was insane. So I got up and promised myself I'd invest 15 minutes to tidy up the house. You can actually get alot done in 15 minutes when you put your mind to it. I wound up spending 30 minutes but got the sink and kitchen counters all cleaned, threw out some old, stale stuff in the cabinets that I didn't need anyway and got a load of laundry in the washer. So instead of going to bed feeling like a slug because I wasted the entire night in front of the TV, I went to be feeling like I accomplished something - every little bit helps. I pressed the Stop the Insanity button and won!

phatpanda
01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Hello Ladies~

Sorry I've been so MIA these past few days...BUT the good news is that I've done my workout tape EVERY NIGHT so far!! woohoo :D Hopefully I will make it through till the end of the week...

Wow...i really like the phrase stop the insanity...mscat you really summarized what I've been trying to put together these last couple of days...i really want my diet this time not to just be about wanting to lose weight but really just putting things into ACTION! hope you feel better soon and it's nothing too serious:o

happy2bme - i'm totally in the same boat on wasting time on the internet...sometimes i think if i only exercised the amount of time i spend reading 3fc entries but i like this community and it gives me support that i need :hug:

dgpebbles and acire - way to go on the workouts!!! :carrot: :cb:

Well, that's it for now...i'm going to try to not look at the scale for the rest of the week and see what happens on Monday...but will definitely exercise exercise exercise :ebike:

mscat816
01-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi Y'all!

:welcome: acire - You are joining this group as one of our frontrunners! :cheer: :cheer: for your accomplishments on Tues and Wednesday and good luck on your workouts for the rest of the week. It's great to have a plan and you are definitely challenging yourself by varying your workouts. That is totally in the spirit of "STOP THE INSANITY" by doing something different.

pepples :cheer: for your Wednesday accomplishments!

phatpanda :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for being in action everyday this week so far!

Happy - I believe I have the same cooties! I have 3 prescriptions from the doc and I also received a shot in the butt. Although I feel better, I am staying home another day to rest and pushing the fluids. Your definition of insanity is exactly the one we used for the theme of this thread. I love your idea of the "STOP THE INSANITY" button! :thanks:

I suggest we all make red paper buttons that say "STOP THE INSANITY" and post them in places where we are tempted to do or not do the actions that interfere or motivate us toward our weight loss goals. Post one on the refrigerator, the pantry, the cookie jar (if you are so bold to own one), the bag of chips, etc. so you can press it when tempted to turn to that devilish goodie or extra helping. Put one in the car so you can press it when McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, or a Baskin and Robbin's is in sight. Put one on your lounge chair, the tv to remind you that spending too much time with them lulls you into non-activity. Put one on your treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, exercise tape to remind you they are more than dust collectors.

Gotta run (actually walk real slow) to make some "STOP THE INSANITY" buttons. Anyone else interested in playing this game?

happy2bme
01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Gotta run (actually walk real slow) to make some "STOP THE INSANITY" buttons. Anyone else interested in playing this game?

I think it's a fantastic idea. I need visuals to keep me honest and that will surely make me stop and think. :thanks: for suggesting it!

carla49
01-05-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure if I'll make any Insanity buttons, as that would involve putting down the laptop and getting out of the comfy chair in front of the tv... (That would have been funny if I were kidding) :shrug: I already have a fridge magnet shaped like one of those little tags you hang on the hotel room door, and it says "already disturbed"...

Well, I did all right yesterday with the no late food challenge, but got busy puttering and stayed up VERY late... And yes, Happy, I would have confessed even if you hadn't outed me. :o Maybe the early to bed idea will be more realistic once I'm working again. Right now I'm still enjoying the "retired" part of semi-retired, back at work for a longish stretch from the 16th. Actually, since I walk to work, I'll get more exercise too. My big problem is getting started.

Toodles!

happy2bme
01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I hear you Carla. I was saying the same thing myself. Had 2 weeks off for Christmas vacation - and just loved being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted to. Didn't take long before I was hitting the sack at 2am and sleeping in until 9. Then reality hit on Tuesday. :p :(

And by the way - the little "egg light" is down below your avatar on the bottom left side of your post. It shows a little yellow "yolk" in the egg when the person is online. I don't usually go looking for people but if I'm on really late at night I might notice and chuckle at night owls like myself ;)

deleted
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
:D Toodles to you, too, B-B Carla!!! :D My B-B will not get smaller if I don't stop my sinful ways! I am still 201 as of this morning, BUT then I did get Nachos at the hockey game last night, and I shouldn't have. But you know ... we sprung for Club Level seats, such a great atmosphere, had my hot dog and that only brought me to 1000 cals. for the day ... at 8:00 PM, and I was chilly and still so hungry SO ... I DID IT!!!! :devil: :o :devil: :D What can I say? I don't get to see my Carolina Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers very often!!!!! :)

So glad to hear all you ladies are working so hard to keep your resolutions, and I'm so sorry for those of you who are sickd, mscat and happy!!! BUMMER! :grouphug:

Girls, I consider myself to have exercised all three days because of all the walking I've done, plus my pool workout Monday night, and I will be in either the pool or the weight room to do weights & biking tonight. Overall, I'm real pleased AND I finally found a pair of comfy jeans yesterday at Lane Bryant, in a Tall size, and really nice ones! So hard for us B-B girls to find jeans that we can live in ... Thank God for stretch!!! :D

Have a good one all, and it is great to see so many girls joining in our little race to healthy weights here! :cheer: for us all!

acire
01-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks happy2beme, phatpanda and mscat816. You are great inspirations.

Soon2BFitChick
01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone! How are you all? Hope your week is going well. Wanted to stop in for a sec and say mine is going very well so far. Starting on the first, I've kept my calories in check, averaging about 1200 or less per day, 15-25 gms of fat per day, water is ok too, and have met my goal of 10,000 steps per day. Yay! I hope this will give me a good start for the year. :D

On the first, I was only at 7000 steps by 11pm. I went walking outside til I hit my 10K mark. I refused to not hit my goal the first day! That's how it would go the rest of the year, right?? So I went and did it! And I've done it every day since too. So far, so good. Takes lots of determination, doesn't it? It can be done though. I know. I'm going to put the link to my article, if any of you want to read it over. I still read it to remind myself how I can get my steps in when it's hectic. LOL.

Please cut and paste, if this doesn't show as an active link on here. Thanks.

http://walking.about.com/od/holiday/a/busyholidays.htm

Looking forward to this year! Hope you all are too.

Big hugsssss, Selina :-)

happy2bme
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
That's a great article Selina, thanks for sharing it with us. It just goes to show you that with some ingenuity you CAN push it a little farther - even for those people who say I have no time to do anything.

Congrats Selina you've done fantastic so far on your weight loss goals! :carrot:

I am feeling a little better today so I spent some time marching in place in front of the TV along with stretches and crunches. Food was good, I need 2 chug 2 bottles of water in the next hour and a half to keep my goal. In one minute I will start my "half hour of power" where I go and do good things around the house for the next 30 minutes.

dgpebbles
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
selina - congrats on getting in all them steps..It makes me tired just thinking about it....keep up that motivation..your doing great...how is eating under 1200 calories doing for you?

I'm still trying to figure out what i should be eating.....What is everyone trying to stay under?

deleted
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Good evening, everybody! I managed to get an hour in the weight room and on the bike accomplished tonight!!!! YAY .... first official weight-room workout since November 17th! Calories a little high at about 1700, but that's way better than I have been doing!

Have a good evening, everybody! :)

CindiRella
01-05-2006, 10:44 PM
This seems to be a good way to start...small. I have been here at 3FC in the past...New Year, New Name, New Body, New Life. This will be my year for success!!

I am Cindi, mom to 7, and Home Daycare Provider! I am diabetic and hypothyroid, but can always lose weight when I really put an effort into it. I haven't been good with my eating and exercise in a long time, and I have decided that I HAVE to make some lifestyle changes before I suffer some of the bad side effects of my illnesses. My doc said the diabetes IS reversible if I lost weight and still continued to exercise. So that's what I want to do...my biggest focus to start with will be the exercise, if I get that in check, everything else will fall into place. I automatically want to eat better and drink water if I am exercising properly. The thing I have to remind myself is that even if I can't get to the gym, I can do some sort of exercise at home...anything is better than nothing!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

My goal for this week is 3 days of exercise at the gym. I did one! The rest of the week I have suffered from a migraine, so maybe tomorrow will be day 2!

I can do this and so can you!!

happy2bme
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi Cindi, welcome to the group :wave: I'm hypothyroid myself. Good for you on getting to the gym with 7 children to watch over. You're an inspiration for those who say their day is too full to find time for themselves.

Good going on the weights Bonnie :strong: :jig: :wl:

DG in regards to your question which I assume is about calories - I just went to the doctor who put me on a supervised diet and gave me lots of info. I see alot of people shooting for 1200 or so calories a day. I was looking at the chart my doctor gave me for weight loss. According to that it looks like they figured 13 calories per pound to maintain your existing weight. So if you were 150 pounds it would take roughly 1950 calories a day to maintain your weight - taking in more would cause a weight gain, cutting back would theoretically cause a loss. Now you don't want to cut your calories too much lest your body go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down and block your efforts. Since a pound is worth 3500 calories, you'd cut 500 calories a day (7 days x 500 calories) to lose a pound a week or 1000 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. The nutritionist said I should cut an additional 300 calories from the days that I don't exercise. Right now I get LOTS of calories even with cutting back but that would also explain why it gets so much harder when you're down to those last 20 pounds or so.

So it would seem that you should multiply your weight by 13 and then subtract 500 to 1000 calories per day depending on a goal of 1 to 2 pounds loss per week. No, you can't and shouldn't go faster than that if you want to maintain your loss.

I just started seriously tracking this week. So far I don't feel deprived all tho I do have to look for better carb choices. I used to feel that 2 pounds was so slow but then I realized that if I had focused on 2 pounds a week or so last new year's I'd be at goal now. Sometimes I feel like the fat is glued on me until I start charting my food intake and then I see how I sneak in calories I didn't even realize.

carla49
01-06-2006, 08:01 AM
:woo: :hat: Yabadabadoo!

The scale loves me this morning - even after I moved it to several different places, it still insisted I was at 189.9!! So mild euphoria going on around here, tempered by the fact I've been invited to a cocktail party tonight that I can't avoid. So that number will go back up, but not for long.

As for the challenges: okay for the no late eating (hmmm... maybe that's the difference?), but I was 20 minutes late getting into bed. No good excuses, apart from my Zen attempting catricide (new word) on Lily - hard to leave the lights off with yowls and hisses of outrage coming from the corner of the room. I guess I shouldn't have overstimulated them with a chase toy so late at night. :doh:

Happy, I'm pretty sure I've been told 12 calories per pound, but I like yours better - extra food. :lol: Anyway, if you multiply your GOAL weight by 12, and eat at that level, you'll eventually get to your goal. To go faster, eat under the goal weight. My diet doctor (NOT Dr. B******** - my asterisks - for those of you who know his semi-starvation diet) has me on approximately 1200 cal per day, but it's not precise, just a certain number of carb, protein, fruit etc servings per day. It is lowish carb.. I'm pretty sure I'm eating more than 1200 most days, but want to develop good eating habits, so I'm trying to make good choices that I can live with long term, using the diet as a guideline. For me, I think the biggest thing has been making sweets and alcohol a rare treat instead of a nightly event. And, much as I hate to admit it, ading extra water this week seems to be doing something...

My apologies for the overly chatty post - I know this isn't meant to be a stream of consciousness verbal diarrhea :blah: :blah: :blah: thread... I'll try to behave next time. ;)

dgpebbles
01-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info ladies...I've been under 1200 calories daily averaging 1100...I've been drinking my water but only very little exercise right now and I have not lost anything since xmas....Just wonder what I might be doing wrong besides the exercise part....I would think that even with the calorie cutting I should have lost a least 1lb since xmas...

carla - your not too chatty...all the advice and talking helps alot...and congrats on the weight...189.9...that awesome..it feels good to move into that next number down(180's)...Keep up the good work

Cindi- welcome to our group

mscat816
01-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi Ladies - I stayed home again today but I feel so much better and so inspired by you ladies. I made my "STOP THE INSANITY" buttons and I am posting them all over the house today!

happy - I love the "half hour of power" - I am stealing that idea too. Imagine what is possible if we each concentrated an hour or half hour or even a quarter hour of power to some goal or task each day? I haven't been taking care of my writing so I am scheduling and dedicating a "half hour of power" everyday to my book! :thanks:

carla - :rofl: you are soooo funny! I think you are our resident "sit down" cyber comedian. I love your "verbal diarrhea." Congrats :carrot: on your scale report!

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for all that walking 3 days in row and your workout on Thursday!

:welcome2: CiniRella to our cozy little :grouphug: It sounds like this is perfect for you and you are perfect for us. It's a match made in heaven! I love your "New" theme. We also support the idea of doing what you can when the gym is not available. We agree, it is better to do something than sit on your butt just because you can't get to the gym. Great attitude.

Selina :bravo: on the great article and thanks for sharing it! You are more than an inspiration - you are role model of one of the main ideas behind "STOP THE INSANITY." That is the idea of stop talking about doing something - actually DO IT. You put action behind your words.

dgpebbles - As happy indicated, calorie limits are pretty individual. Some of us are counting calories, some are counting carbs, some are tracking points with Weight Watchers. Weight loss for anyone is a combination of reduction in weight triggers and an increase in physical activity. Weight triggers can be overall calories for one person, specific carbs, sugars and/or fats for another. The important thing to remember is not getting enough of the right foods or too low of a calorie intake will lower your metabolism and your body will adjust to survive and you still won't lose weight. You want to consult with your own physician or a nutritionist to determine what you personally need to lose weight. Good luck on finding the right plan for you.

phatpanda, acire, and fishwoman - How are you doing?

Have a great day!

deleted
01-06-2006, 10:43 AM
:sunny: Happy Friday, girlies! :D Just in to say a big hurrah for all of you who are working so hard to meet your challenges this week, Mscat, Carla, Fishwoman, dgpebbles, Selina, Happy, Cindi (WELCOME!), acire, emjay, Sushi, phatpanda .... With about a dozen of us cheering each other on, you can almost FEEL the emotional lift here! :sunny:

We're going to see "Munich" this afternoon (almost three hours), then coming home to build a blazing fire to eat dinner by as it's going down to 25 degrees tonight. I have a rotisseried chicken that is so great to have when you're dieting, and we have a hockey game to watch.

I think I will do a two-mile walk this morning, and that will be a good exercise session for today. Mscat, you mentioned Yoga and me in the same breath; you have confused me with someone else, my friend! If I contorted myself into some of those Yoga positions, you would have to call a fireman to "undo" me! :D Monday, I did a water aerobics, then Tuesday and Wednesday, I walked SO MUCH, I counted it as exercise sessions, then yesterday the weight room and biking. I'm really shooting for another weight-room session tomorrow (before the Carolina/N.C. State basketball game!), and another water session on Sunday ... we'll see if I manage it!!! :dizzy:

Have a great day, all! :grouphug: And Carla, don't let Lily get the better of you!!!:mad: :lol:

phatpanda
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
It's FRIDAY!!!! I'm so happy! Unfortunately, I didn't do my exercise tape yesterday...however! I did walk home which is about 2 miles so that's better than nothing:) I think I need to get another exercise dvd and put some variety into it. I should really buy the Billy Banks Taebo Workout but I dread the fact that I'm going to be so sore...haha

I had a Stop the Insanity moment yesterday! I was so very close to buying something unhealthy for dinner aka McDonald's or a BIG BURRITO from Chipotle but instead I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients to make home-made sushi so I got to control what when in and use very little rice! It was also horrible being in the grocery store when you're already hungry...but i skipped all the junkfood aisles and even at checkout..i got super tempted to buy a butterfinger wafer bar but instead picked up sugarfree mentos...which are sweetened with splenda! I thought to myself the last thing I want to be is an Insane Crazy woman at the grocery store buying way too much unnecessary food! so I STOPPED THE INSANITY!

Hope all of you have good weekends!!

Soon2BFitChick
01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Just a quick hello to you all, Mscat, Bonnie, Phatpanda, happy, carla, cindirella, dgpebbles and anyone I didn't list here!~ Sounds like you all are very motivated and doing great!

I'm doing well this week so far! Working hard to mentally keep my focus.. one month at a time. Have you all heard of imagining in your mind how you want to feel and look at your next goal? It's like meditation I suppose. They say do it every single day for several minutes at a stretch. I have had a heck of a year last year! A wonderful year, but a hectic one. LOL. :D Now it's time to get on the ball and knock off another 50 lbs. :cp:

I also wanted to say, esp. since you are using the saying Stopping the Insanity, that although Susan Powter is a bit unconventional these days, her book really did help me get started. I have read it several times and her exercises in it and all the tips make a whole lot of sense. What she says makes you think. Consider reading it if you need a boost or a clean start. It's an oldie but a goodie. You kinda get back to basics and realize that if you eat right, breathe, and move more often, that you will eventually get into shape. That's a nice thing to know. There are no miracles, right? Just takes some real habit-changing and then viola!! The new you appears! :cb:

Well, take care everyone! Be back when I can, hugssss Selina :wave:

Sushi Penguin
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Oh my, this thread is so awesome this week! :cheer: :) :D
Amazing to see so many new faces, and to see how well everyone is doing! :)

I sort of fell of the wagon on Thursday - got home extremely tired after work, and ended up falling asleep even though I didn't want to. Tummy ache woke me up a bit later... :( ...in the end - no exercise, no lights off at 10:30 pm, and I had a bit of chocolate...
On Friday I was ready to give up - both this challenge and my 21-day challenges because I was so awfully tired again. So I took out my contacts and brushed my teeth before 9 pm thinking, screw it, I'm going to bed. And then I woke up... in the end, I thought I might as well do my exercises - I started at 10:10 pm, and did 20 minutes on the stationary bike and then the exercises I'm doing as part of my second 21-day challenge. Didn't finish till nearly 11 pm, but at least my 21-day challenges are salvaged! :D :D And I didn't eat after 7 and did get all the water in. :)

Mscat, I love the buttons idea! :) :cheer: :clap: Right now I can't really make any for myself because I don't have my own place, and I have so little time left at home that there isn't even time to do insane things... I could only put them up in our room, but there is nothing there that needs them... But I'll surely treasure this idea and use it as soon as we have our own place again! :D

And I love the 12 or 13 calories per pound idea as well! :D Now, how many calories is one kilojoule??? :dizzy: :?: Everything is in kilojoules in this country, which makes calorie tracking an impossibility!!!

That's it from me today - sorry for the lack of personalized messages, I just don't have enough internet time. :(

deleted
01-07-2006, 08:27 AM
:dance: Ladies, you will see by my Tracker that I am 200 lbs. now. YAY!!! Maybe I WILL be in Onederland by weigh-in on Monday! :dance: So relieved to see the scale dropping.

Sushi, good for you for not giving up the last couple of days! Great! :flow2: I am up, ready to go to water aerobics in about half an hour, and I can hardly believe it myself!!! :D I am determined to get back on that schedule again, of getting in the water at least three times a week ... deep-water exercise is so good for you. I can tell such a difference in my body since I slacked off the last few months! :(

Good for you, phatpanda, for not letting The Golden Arches prevail! It is really tough to smell those food smells .... and force yourself to come home and eat healthy! :hug:

Hope you girls who've been sick are feeling MUCHOS better! :flow1:

Well, must get myself up and moving. My gym bag doesn't pack itself, I'm afraid. By the way, *Munich* was outstanding, should any of you get a chance to see it. Tonight, we are having salmon on the grill, watching a hockey game (my Hurricanes won last night! Go 'Canes!), and a movie, with a family member who's coming for the evening. Good thing, he is dieting, too!

Have a great Saturday, all! :grouphug: Willpower and energy to all of us this weekend!!!

dgpebbles
01-07-2006, 09:13 AM
hello ladies

Well I've managed to get in 60+oz water this week except for yesterday I only got in 56oz but still good

I did 30 mins on bike last night for 7.29 miles and burned 160 calories....I also did better the last 2 days with getting in calories...I was eating to little...also someone told me last night that i need to eat more protein...So my goal for this weekend is to up my protein intake and to get 30 on bike

Bonnie - way to go:woo:
I know your excited..

Sushi - way to go for getting that last second energy and motivation to get in your exercise :cheer: ....feels good to keep that challenge going...

Well I'm off to work...Have a great day and I"ll chat at ya later

mscat816
01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Ladies - I actually got on the treamill yesterday :carrot: I took it easy and only did 20 minutes but that was an accomplishment over sitting on my big, fat sick butt! I felt pretty good and didn't start coughing so I think I am on the mend. Didn't do so well with water which I really needed - the anitbiotics made me constipated yesterday. I probably lost at least a pound after I finally went (sorry that was gross).

I bought exercise mats for me and DD and I am putting a STOP THE INSANITY BUTTON on mine - going to use it today. Today is the push the envelope day for STOP THE INSANITY. I have been doing less of the same things for my weight loss. Today I declare WAR on my FAT - I am not doing the same things - I am doing MORE of the amounts of water and exercise I usually do. Off the to battlefied!

Bonnie :woo: for a great scale report! We have no doubt you will be back in onderland by Monday. I was referring to you missing your "Y" sessions when I mentioned Yoga. Sorry, I meant to refer to your YMCA or YWCA? sessions. Too much medication!

Sushi - :cheer: for getting back on track on Friday. As far as the button is concerned you can imagine the buttons and press them anytime you need them. Or make one button and pin it over your heart and touch it whenever you need it.

phatpanda :cb: for using your imaginary STOP THE INSANITY button! What a great example you are for all of us making this work in everyday situations.

Selina :thanks: for the imagery tip! I used to use that and it does help get you focused to meet the days challenge. I have a picture of myself in the bathroom cabinet in my belly dancing costume when I weighed about 118 and wore a size 7. I am taking it out of the cabinet and doing an imagery meditation this morning before I begin my day. I read Susan's book a long time ago and I agree it is very motivational.

dgpebbles :cheer: :cheer: for Thursay and Friday's goals. You are having an awesome challenge week. Good for you for adding protein - you actually need it to burn calories efficiently and build muscle.

Happy, carla, CindiRella, emjay, acire - hope you are doing well and can check in soon.

CindiRella
01-07-2006, 10:12 AM
I wrote a nice long post yesterday, but it didn't make it here...my add must have kicked in and I hit the wrong button...or a child could have come along and erased it when I wasn't looking. With 7 kids, that's highly likely!!

I am having trouble eating well, because me and dh have some serious acid reflux problems this week. EVERYTHING we eat HURTS!!! So I am trying to go a little bland and not worry so much about anything else til we get over this. It's probably due to over indulgence through the holidays:o NOT WORTH IT!!
I also haven't exercised due to major migraines and this other issue...I have a long set of carpeted stairs to my basement where my laundry is, so I try to run up those a few times a couple of times a day when I can't make it to the gym...I am going to increase that this next week when dh is not on vacation anymore. Why do I have such a hard time with my daily routine with him around? I won't exercise in front of him at all!! I don't know if I should expect any change on my Monday weigh in:(

:carrot: I am getting ready to go to the gym, before a major grocery shopping trip!!!That will be strength training, as my cart gets soooo hard to push about half way through!!! LOL!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes from everyone! This is a great group!!

happy2bme
01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Good morning ladies,

Big victory for me yesterday. Year's ago I stopped cooking on Friday evenings. I figured I have to plan meals and cook all week long, Friday's supper was my break for the week. Of course as I started to diet, I would get in to a routine of being good all week long and the downward slide would come on Friday night when I got off plan. I'd use it as an excuse to enjoy whatever I wanted to eat that night. Trouble was, I didn't stop it with one meal and it would turn into a trigger of bad eating until Monday.

So, yesterday the DH decided on Outback Steakhouse. I like fish and more often than not will order that. Decisions, decisions - boy that pasta alfredo sure sounded good. :T There is another dish with the catch of the day that has a creamy sauce that I like. :T :T I was torn between should I be good and make a HEALTHY choice or sink and do the usual get what my tongue wants that tastes good. I decided to STOP THE INSANITY and go with the healthier choice - after all I thought, some day I'm going to HAVE to sit in a restaurant and make better choices - might as well start now. So I had the grilled shrimp, grilled veggies, grilled pineapple over a bed of veggie rice. It came with a tossed salad though I don't know how you can consider a salad a veggie when it's 1/3 shredded cheese, some lettuce, croutons, a finely chopped cucumber slice and a few small tomatoes with dressing. I picked at the vegetables as much as I could. And I shared half of my shrimp and pineapple with my husband because the waitress misunderstood his steak order as medium well instead of medium rare - it came out like a rubber hockey puck. So maybe I'm FINALLY learning to turn things around.

And I almost forgot to log my food yesterday - not a good habit to get into. After a few days of medication I am finally feeling human again :carrot: :carrot: Still need to be near to a box of tissues but I actually am looking forward to cleaning the house and getting in some light exercise today. It's also time to pack away Christmas for the year and organize my decorations a bit better than when we hurridly ??? packed things last year when we moved.

Everyone is so motivated - I can feed off the positive energy - I'm sure that's what helped me make good decisions this week too.

Enjoy your weekend, I'll be back later with a more personal post. Go team :encore:

deleted
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Happy, had to quickly reply to you to say how proud I am of you for doing the right thing at Outback. That is GREAT!!! You're rocking now, girl!!! One thing my DH and I do at Outback is this: We get one order of Coconut Shrimp to split. Then he orders a full dinner with the salad, the nine-ounce filet and a baked potato. I just order a garden salad. We split the steak and potato. That keeps my calories to exactly what I want them to be, and I can enjoy eating out. Sometimes, I'll have one glass of White Zinfandel, and a small piece of bread, depending on what else I'm eating that day. My husband will eat as much bread and salad as he wants so he's perfectly happy. (By the way, I hope your hubby sent that steak back or had them remove it from the bill. The Outbacks in our area are very good that way, if they make a mistake.)

Great job, Happy! Keep up the good work ... :-)

carla49
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Sunday morning, and feeling much better than yesterday at this time. Let's just say the party Friday night was a lot of fun, the morning after much less so. But in bed lights out just before midnightlast night, food rules respected, so on the right track after my little trip down a siding. Hoping my little choo-choo will chug into the weigh-station in good form tomorrow morning.

I apologize, and I'll now drop the train nonsense. It's probably the result of all the brain damage incurred Friday night...

My quick trip into the one-eighties is over - anxious to see what tomorrow brings at weigh-in. Bonnie, fantastic work getting the extra off. In my crystal ball I see a number under 200, and the initial "B" beside it... could it be you're edging back into onederland?

Mscat, glad to hear you're able to move a bit more again. Just don't overdo! We need you!

Gotta go, nature calls. Maybe I should re-weigh after... :rofl:

deleted
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
:dance: Hey guys ... well, *moi* has done it! :D I have met my exercise goal for the week which was to have five major exercise sessions out of the last seven days. Monday: water aerobics, Thursday: biking/weight room session, Friday: 2-mile walk, Saturday: water aerobics, Sunday (today): 2-mile walk! :dance: (On Tuesday & Wednesday, I did so much Mall/parking lot/ball game walking, that I really consider them *exercise days* as well.)

Weight-wise, I said I'd lose four pounds, and I know I have done at least that, although I will give the official Monday weight tomorrow morning! :D YAY!!! (But not sure if your crystal ball is quite right or not, Carla! May have had too many calories the last couple of days to hit Onederland yet!)

Good luck to all of you, my friends, as you arrive at your weigh-ins tomorrow! :grouphug:

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I did another 30 mins and 7.39 miles on bike yesterday...i can tell the exercising is paying off..My energy is coming back....I'm doing better on eating more protien and and got down 64oz of water yesterday...

mscat - glad your feeling better..congrats on getting in the exercise again..bet it made you feel back on track...but don't over do it

I like the idea of stop the insanity buttons...I've been using a desk top calender of the sport illustrated swimsuit models posting them in the kitchen as a reminder of what I wont look like if I eat unhealthy...kinda weird..lol

how is everyone else doing?..are your goals coming along?..I cant wait till tomorrow to see if that scale is going to move..Hope that my increase in calories and protein is helping

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 03:06 PM
also with the comment of nature calls...I have a crazy question.:o ..Have you all noticed that after eating more healthy that you don't seem to go as much or is it just me?

CindiRella
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
So does everyone weigh in on Mondays here?

Okay, I never made it to the gym and I probably won't today either...these headaches are ruining me. I'll run the stairs as I do laundry!! Today is my birthday and I don't know what I want to eat...dh keeps asking me to decide, but NOTHING sounds good. I think HE is hoping I'll pic something he'll love! I'd love Chinese food, but we all know what that might do to a weigh in!!!!

Everyone is doing so well! I hope that I can get my inspiration from you!

mscat816
01-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Afternoon Ladies - I see we are all in full swing with our challenges this week. The response to this new idea is wonderful. Thanks again Carla for the inspiration. Well - I got everything done I said I was going to do yesterday:cb: Did my visualization meditation, a little bit of ab work (didn't feel well enough to get on the treadmill), stayed op with food intake, got in min. amount of water, posted my buttons, and tracked on WW. Whew! I was busy.

Had a STOP IN THE INSANITY moment today. We had going away cake for one of our beloved priests. She is taking a postion with the Diocese. It was cream cheese iced carrot cake. I hit my imaginary STOP THE INSANITY button, and had a small plate of pineapple, grapes, and a strawberry instead!

Cindi - I hope you and DH get relief from your acid reflux soon. My DH suffered until he got on Nexium. The stairs are a great substitute for your workouts.

Happy :cheer: for staying strong at the Outback. Glad you are feeling better.

carla :cheer: for staying on course on Saturday!

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for all 5 days of meeting your exercise goals!

dgpebbles :cheer: for your Saturday success. I hope what you have found is true when I return to work tomorrow drinking all this water!

Sushi Penguin
01-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi there :)
Well, I went to bed before 10:30 on three days out of six. That's progress. :)

It's Monday here, so I'm thinking of a new challenge - lights off by 10:30 and no food after 7 pm. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, and I'm so anxious! Last week I was just one pound away from my mid-January goal, and it would be so great to have hit that by now. But I'm so anxious that it'll go up instead of down...

carla49
01-09-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm a little apprehensive about the weigh-in in the morning - after that brief glimpse at a great new low, I've of course partied and munched, and am back up. Not enough to be unhappy, there's still progress, but...

For this week's challenges: 4/7 in bed before midnight, 6/7 no "unauthorized" eating after 7 pm. I'll have to tweak both challenges (or replace them) for this next week - my last week of holidays. I'm not complaining - it's been a lovely long period of sloth and repose. :)

carla49
01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I wan't planning to be the first to weigh in, but the d***** cats wanted breakfast and wanted it now, so I've been up for a while. The results didn't live up to my fantasies, but are still good enuf for me! 191.7 lbs.

Pebbles, I think the reason you end up only producing pebbles :lol3: instead of logs is the change in diet: 1. less garbage in, less garbage out; 2. in many cases, higher protein %; 3. insufficient attention to fiber requirements and water. The easiest cure is a fiber supplement like Metamucil, Beneful, or Bowel Buddy biscuits. Or find ways to increase your fiber intake naturally. I read a quote somewhere from a new diet book, "You the Owner's Manual" or something, that was very graphic but amusing. They said (very approximately) that our stools should be large, soft, and S-shaped, and slip silently into the bowl without a splash or a sound, like Greg Louganis diving into the pool at the olympics. Something to aim for, so to speak. :D Good luck!

dgpebbles
01-09-2006, 09:03 AM
well my progress is not where I want to be either...I'm down 1lb to 188....also could be cause of riding bike I'm building muscles in my legs....I can only hope...I know I wasn't eating enough calories or protein...so my goal this week is to keep calories around 1200-1400, to eat more protien and fruits & vegies, keep my water intake at 60+ and to erexcise at least 6 days this week

Carla - thanks for the info..that what I thought...I'll have to try something..maybe thats why my weight loss is so small..Its all stuck inside:lol3:

hope everyone else does great ant weigh-in today

mscat816
01-09-2006, 09:34 AM
DON'T POST HERE - GO TO STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #2
mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

deleted
01-09-2006, 09:34 AM
:sunny: Good morning, ladies! Ready for another slam-bang, get slimmer week? :sunny:

I am finally back in Onederland!!! :-) 199 pounds as of this morning! (Carla, are you a witch or something? :D How did you know???????????? And you do have those cats and all that! :devil: ) Technically, I lost 7 pounds last week, but I know two-thirds of that was fluid build-up from all the salty stuff I ate New Year's weekend. But I'll take it ... :dizzy:

Thank you for all your support, ladies! See you on the new thread to state my Challenge for next week. Good luck, all! :grouphug: