Support Groups - New Year's Resomootions

View Full Version : New Year's Resomootions

Cowpernia
01-02-2006, 11:08 AM
This resolution stuff is tough. I've already broken them all. They all involved diet and exercise by the way.

Schatzi
01-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Well that was scary.. I was thinkin of the SAME title for a new thread..

Tomorrow me and DH start back on South Beach... MUST GET FIT!

SugP
01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
*puff puff* - THIS year we're all gonna be PERFECT, right?

(I ate chips yesterday)

Cherry Cow
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
All of my resolutions center around weight loss. (I'm saving being a nicer person resolutions for Lent.)

My resolutions are all activities designed toward losing two pounds a week (weigh-in on Monday). If I maintain these activities, but do not lose weight, I will not beat myself up.

Required:
1. Track my weight weekly and log my food daily at Weight Watchers (or on my computer, if I cancel my WW membership)
2. Exercise in some way 5 days a week (Sunday= Zumba, Monday= bellydance class & yoga, rest of the week is weights, cardio, or bellydance practice at home)
3. Stick to vegan McDougall plan six days a week
4. Post in my weight loss blog every day

Optional, but would help:
5. Read 3fc forum every day
6. Read Videofitness forums every day

(This is what I posted in my weight loss blog. There's more boring stuff over there.)

Perfection WILL be achieved!!!!

SugP
01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Perfection WILL be achieved!!!!

Resistance is futile!! :carrot:

Bagzz
01-02-2006, 08:16 PM
DAMN COM-EFFIN-PUTER KEEPS KONKING OUT---- i can't STAND being without it---it has been tempermental for the last few days and SO have i been!!!--let's see---pms and a VERY messy house and six kids sleeping here and there and NOt one of them except ds11 in bed before three in the am----complete with phonecalls,lights never turned off and tv's blaring from everywhere---i am SURE that i have NOT slept for three hours straight in at least a month---before it was insomnia,now it's just living on Fifth Avenue---i would like to say ENOUGH complaining but i can't seem to stop---sissy and i went to an afternoon soiree with the glass asses and got to say EFF as much as we liked---it was lovely. i know that sounds crass,but if the {green} shoe fits--------------- here,my darling dd21 has decided to go back to university--this is GRAND as she still has access to the scholarship she won when she was three---- this will pay for half tuition as she is going to the local campus {hurrah!!!}-----she has two years in with english and history as her focus and her marks were good so that is making me SOOO happy---she applied for a student line of credit---that is quite popular around here---that way you don't need to prove need according to a parent's income----she just needs a co-sign and her father has offered---the other dd has lots of scholarship money but her school is alot more expensive since she is four hours away---SOOOO she has a student line as well------Money sucks.----okay----so i was wondering if we know anyone who has done the 'change one thing" diet----i saw the book and almost bought it----i cannot bear to do all the things at once------CHERRY YOUR LIST IS DAUNTING---I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!! YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A GREAT EXCERCISER---YOU MUST BE IN GREAT PHYSICAL SHAPE!!=---- i bet your lung capacity with blow us out of the water~~!!!----i think it's better to be like you and be a consistant excerciser rather than an expert dieter!!!------------maybe i will start with water----------------

Cowpernia
01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I have read Bagz's post and now I must take a nap.

Bagzz
01-02-2006, 09:59 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---- see i tole yas i would be BAAAAACk after the christmas rushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! sarry for yer troubles~~~

Cowpernia
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I am so glad you;re back. Why don't you have all the girls come to the puter and say hello??? DS has gone in his room and closed the door. I am not liking this. That girl should come right back.

Bagzz
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
well,the ds 19's have headed back to university,the other step dd's are sleeping and the eldest dd has her own place---i am the only one up and about----i think ds has gone to his room to ruminate about his love,and likely they are msnnin up a storm-----dd's boyfriend's mother is always lamenting to me that her boys {she has three} don't tell her anything like girls do====she often asks me if i know what's going on and when her son is coming home and the like----i think it's a boy thing for sure!! don't fret----if he's in love with a nice girl you are already ahead of the game!

Cherry Cow
01-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Bagzzie-- how is your DS old enough for a ladylove? How did that happen?? Also, welcome to the step dds! And yay for dd21 taking advantage of her scholarship!

Well, I am trying out a new doctor today. I suppose I will dig out those lab tests from ages ago and see what he thinks about the thyroid issue. I'm actually going for a different reason, to make sure the problem I had in September has truly cleared up, but I also want to talk to him about the weight thing, the thyroid thing, and, umm, something else, but I forgot.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't remember anything any more!

I wonder if I should bother to tell him about my low basal body temps or if he's one of those who thinks that doesn't mean anything. (The other NIGHT, it was 96.5.)

I'm already depressed, because I just know he's going to tell me that all of my problems are because I'm fat. Never mind that I wasn't fat when they started.

Lush
01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I have no resolutions. DD can not leave for college next week. Her thigh muscle is atrophying...how the he** do you spell that? .....and she must again be drugged to have her leg manipulated in PT. All this pain is getting to her, wearing her down. Plus, she is upset because when she is back on the Vicoden she can't drive and that means that not only are all her friends gone but she also has no life here because she is a prisoner in the house.

I didn't send cards. I should send some to my cousins, but I can't bear to explain this to people.

ach

Cowpernia
01-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Ohhhh Lushy. Your darling girl!! There is nothing worthwhile I can say.

I didn't send cards either. Don't explain anything. Just say Happy 2006 and let it go.

Cherry Cow
01-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Lush, how devastating for your daughter.

Schatzi
01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Lushie, soo sorry to hear about DD..wish we had a magic wand to make it all better for her and you...:hug:

Cowpernia
01-03-2006, 12:58 PM
bathrobes:

For years I have worn the same LLBean flannel robe. LLBEAn never wears out. You just get tired of it. Recently, not on purpose, I spilled bleach on the robe.

So my friend in Calif gave me that robe and I told her I could use a new one for Christmas so she went a cute pink, rubber duckie one that was terrycloth and so nice but SHORT. Too short. I felt exposed.

My other friend said she got a long one from her dh last year, never wore it because she likes short ones, and we traded. Hers is advertised in New Yorker magazine. It's quilted. Maybe it's down filled. It's bulky. This is Florida.

What should I do? Can I just color in the bleach spots on the flannel one?

Schatzi
01-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Why not just bleach the whole thing and redye it in another color with that Ritz stuff? I have a Lands end one with kangaroo pockets and a hood.. Its long and zips up.. I love it!

Cherry Cow
01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, I'm back from the doctor's and now I feel like he thinks I'm a hypochondriac. Going to the doctor is so humiliating, even if they're nice. He says the new hypothyroid values thing is not accurate. But, he took blood for new tests, since mine were so close. Sigh. I just want to be the healthy, energetic person I was when I started posting on Cybermom.

Did I tell you guys I got a new coin belt last night at bellydance class? I don't even want to take it off! It's so much fun to wear and shimmy around in.

Cowpernia
01-03-2006, 01:55 PM
long and zips up? You have to bend over to zip it??? Kangaroo pockets are in the middle. Zips through them? Why does it have a hood? It's for inside, right? What color is it? What print? I'm not sure I like it but if I do, we'll trade. ok?

Schatzi
01-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Me BEND OVER to ZIP?? I pick up the ends dear... yep it zips up the middle with ok more like sweat shirt type of pockets.. Yes a hood.. I don't understand it. it's some sort of fashion statement . I look like a monk in it. It's a deep purty Pink. You can't have it.

Schatzi
01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
BAGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

We've missed you dahlink! I hope you made a lot of Moooooolah from those effin tourists!!!!

Cherry.. A coin belt? Is that like what the Good Humor ice cream man wears?
ice cream :doh: yum

Cherry Cow
01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
It's a hip scarf with little fake coins attached to it so I jingle when I walk.

Kiwonk
01-03-2006, 08:26 PM
-sissy and i went to an afternoon soiree with the glass asses and got to say EFF as much as we liked---it was lovely.Sounds very freeing. :lol:

Are you exaggerating or did DD really win a scholarship at 3?

I didn't make any resolutions. I forgot. (Just in case you were worried you were the only one with no memory, Cherry!) The good news I haven't broken any...

Oh I feel so badly for your dd, Lush. I hope she can just get through this soon and get on with her life.
bathrobes:You're batty, my dear. I like the idea of coloring in the bleach spots. Of course you realize you will eventually have holes there if you wash it and wear it enough. Then you can send it to LLBean and demand another one. Or here's a really good idea: Since you don't need the warmth of the quilted one, why not spill some bleach on that one, enough to make holes in it, then it will be air conditioned?

My DH is driving his parents to Connecticut for a family funeral. He will be gone for 3 days. DD is at a self-defense class that her ******ed English teacher is requiring all the girls in her class to take at their own expense. I have not paid for it. Perhaps I won't. :p My dog is pestering the cat by knocking wine bottles over in the wine rack and also eating a milk jug. I predict she will regret the milk jug by tomorrow. :yikes:

I took belly dancing once when I was cute.

Kiwi

Wabby
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I spent all day today at the hospital w/ DD while she got another steroid injection in her back. She's in terrible pain. What happened to my little girl who used to do cartwheels all over the place? She's too young for this.

Hi to all and I'll be back tomorrow.

No new resolutions here. Just the same old ones from last year.

Bagzz
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
lushie---that is terrible news about dd----i am sure you have exhausted all resources on the internet and locally--you live in a great area for accessing doctors so you probably have the best advice you can get---it's hard to believe there are no better solutions----but like i said, you have been totally on top of this-----extreme bummer for poor dd.----correcting a previous post----MY ds doesn't have a girlfriend---we were talking about peacher's ds who had retreated to his room after his lady moved away-------regarding my dd's "scholarship" at age 3----my mom made me send in a picture of her to Johnson and Johnson's Beautiful Baby Contest {it was a calendar}----she was the "May" baby and won a 10 thousand dollar Canadian Trust Fund Scholarship----needless to say,it was and still is appreciated.----it is FREEZING up here in igloo land and my roids are killing me---must go take a sitz bath-----------------

Cowpernia
01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
What is wrong with Wabbydd? Am I supposed to know?

Bagzzzz, I think it's time you showed off the 3-yo baby picture. I saw it once and prolly Kiwi did, too. A DOOR A BULL. (That's Bagz-speak)

Wabby
01-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Lush, that's just horrible news about DD. It's so distressing to worry about children like this. Just wears you down, doesn't it? You've both been through so much.

Peaches, my DD has degenerative disc disease, 2 bulging discs that the Dr. is trying to treat w/ steroid injections. We don't want to start down the surgery path at this point. We're hoping she gets some pain relief w/ this treatment. I worry about her taking pain meds long term.

Bagz, I want to see the winning baby picture, too.

Is anyone tired of watching all the tv commercials for gyms, weight watchers, curves, nutrisystem and lean cuisine that we've been bombarded w/ since New Years day? It's really taking the fun out of my tv snacking. For some reason the Curves commercial with the woman throwing away her fat pants as she rides off on the back of a motorcycle really drives me nutz. I know that woman in the commercial has never been fat. Who do they think they're kidding?

It's not freezin here, but its awwwwwfully gray and rainy. Is it at least sunny and freezin, Bagzie?

Schatzi
01-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Wabby, I feel for you and yer DD.. DH has the same ..He had chemopapin therapy on his lower disk.. and it did help.. and he had a part of a disk removed and fused in his neck. about 5 years ago. We went the route of PT and Vicodin to relief the pain, but he wasn't getting any relief. We took the last resort and had the surgery.. and hasnt regretted it.. he finally is pain free and off all those pain meds.

Kiwonk
01-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow, that sounds rough, Wabby. I can't stand the thought of our kids being in pain, it sux. Backs are scary. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery.

I'm vacuuming. Well, Rosie the Robot is vacuuming. I believe she just stopped; she's beeping. She has been at it for quite a while, so I guess she's finished. I had to put the dog in her pen so she would stop attacking Rosie. She apparently thinks it's a shiny disk-shaped cat.

Well, I went to check on the robot and she did a very good job. I took the ornaments off the tree last night and put them away. Tonight I guess I'll take the lights down and DD and I can drag the tree outside. Then Rosie will have to re-do the living room. She won't get paid extra; it's part of her job.

That's very cool about your beautiful baby, Bagz. She's still a heck of a looker. You must have told me about that before, but I forgot. I have old-timer's disease.

It's below zero here today, but sunny. I took Jet for a walk, but we didn't get all that far. She is still so bad on the leash. Fortunately I can take her down by the lake off-leash. Only drawback there is I get snow in my boots. I'll have to break out the snowshoes, that will make it much more fun.

I can't sympathize on the TV ad front, Wab. I never watch an ad anymore. Don't tell the TV networks. We have DVR on our Dish network thing and I hardly ever watch anything live. Even if it's on right now, I wait until it's about 15 or 20 minutes into the show and then start watching it so I can FF through the commercials. :lol: Sometimes I feel like I'm missing stuff. Then I come to my senses.

Well I have to write some more belated Christmas cards. You guys got in the first batch that went out. Do you think it's really really lame to send Christmas cards out in January? The only reason I'm doing it is to send DD's senior photos to relatives. I'm feeling pretty stupid though, signing cards that have Christmas greetings on them (I only have a few that say "season" instead of Christmas, ultra-religious person that I am. Har har.)

Kiwi

P.S. I actually typed "right some more... cards". I think my brain has deteriorated beyond saving. Probably I didn't eat enough preservatives.

Bagzz
01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Your time is limited, so don't waste
>it living
>someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with
>the results
>of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions
>drown out
>your own inner voice, heart and intuition. They somehow already know
>what you
>truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Schatzi
01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
OMG KIWI!!! Did you really get a RrrrrrOMBA???? Does she really work? What happens when she bumps into stuff? does she turn around? Has she ever flipped over on her shell like a turtle???? When I go back to work I may need to get a Rosie!!!!

Bagzzz: Deep thoughts? The older I get the easier it is to just live they way I wanna and eff the rest !

Cowie must be knitting socks

I'm fighting a horrid cold..Nyquil is more potent than liquor..I'm zonked.

SugP
01-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Do you think it's really really lame to send Christmas cards out in January?

Why no, not at all. Especially if you're me who hasn't written a single card but really will get to it tonight, or tomorrow. :D Our printer actually worked for a change and I printed some nice photos of the kids so now I HAVE to send them to various relatives and friends who will think I'm dead if they don't get a card. My cards are in German so maybe they won't notice that they're Christmas cards. Ha. I'm so smart.

Kiwonk
01-04-2006, 11:15 PM
My cards are in German so maybe they won't notice that they're Christmas cards. Ha. I'm so smart.Hee Hee you're a hoot.

Let me tell you, my Rosie is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Any time it bumps into something, it spins around a bit and heads in a different direction. The front edge is a bumper that's very sensitive -- the dog is always standing in front of it and it just touches her feet and turns around. It has a little 2-ended sweeper brush on a flexible stem that spins around beyond the edge of the roomba itself, so it gets into corners even though it's round. I cleaned the brush this afternoon, which was actually very easy. Amazingly. That's an ordeal with my other vacuum.

I just heard the clinking of a glass. I am home alone. I think I'd better go check on the doggie.

I guess she was licking the returnable bottles. She prefers the empty wine bottles.

I have on the very best flannel shirt (http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/1,,1_2_1930_55537_111117_89564_5,00.html?sptlt_num =7221&struct_num=141&CM_MERCH=TPSL_141)of all time. It's navy blue. My mommy gave it to me. I think I shall have to write (right) her a thank you note.

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I like your shirt. Is it the pink one? Did you get one for Rosie?

Bagzz
01-05-2006, 08:50 AM
thank you kiwi--and land's end thanks you as well---i went to look at your shirt---saw that my courduroy shirts were on sale !!!! and although i have three already i ordered FOUR more---they are so great for the market!!! kiss kiss

Wabby
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Now I know where to shop for shorts in the winter. They have them at Land's End but it's too late to order them for me. My favorite outfit now days is my black warm up suit. My son calls it my Carmella outfit, after the mother on The Sopranos. I like it because its stretchy all over. Like me.

The idea of a Roomba sounds good, but I already have 2 big doggies to trip over, and Rosie wouldn't like the step down into the family room. She'd end up turtle backing.

All my Christmas decorations are down and put away. I think this is a record for me..... are you impressed? I am.

DVRs are the cats meow, Kiwi.

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I am impressed Wabby. But why bother?

I am really down today and need lots of hugs.

Schatzi
01-05-2006, 04:54 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
What's wrong Peach pie??
I thought you were off knitting some wonderful purple socks

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 05:30 PM
no job. rejection one after the next.

Cherry Cow
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
*hugs*

Those people are crazy.

Kiwonk
01-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Peachie, I'm sorry you are all bummed out! Things simply must get better. Or else.

I love those corduroy shirts too, Bagz. I have a nice tan one that I will be wearing when my navy blue flannel one is in the warsh. No, I didn't get Rosie a shirt. She is so hard to buy for. I thought I might get her a new filter, but she already has a spare. So I combed the hair out of her and called it good.

Wab, Lands End is really fast on shipping -- and I believe it's nearby you so it would be even faster than for me. When are you leaving?

I haven't tried Rosie on stairs yet -- word is that she has a cliff sensor, so maybe she'll be okay. I really don't want to see her lying on her back waving her little feet around plaintively crying Help me Help me.

I made pop-overs for dinner. Gotta go eat them with leftover hamburger soup. Mmmmm. Everyone's invited!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Please please please send pictures of Rosie. Make them so we can tell how big she is next to something like ... a cat. Not the puppy. The puppy's size doubles every week, I think.

Schatzi
01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes Yes pictures of Rosie...Did you put her hair in pig tails? I bet she would look so cute wizzing about with her pig tails whipping zip zip wiz! Kiwi, you must snip the apron strings and let her go..let her try the stairs..Let her clean the Jett hair up but be there to catch her if she falls. good mommy.

You must post the recipe to this hamburger soup ..it seems to be a staple in the Kiwi household.

Did I tell you I'm feeling a bit better .. Nyquil gives you a doopy buzz but seems to work... I think the Sauna at this new gym I went to the other night sweated the cold to blossom out..(note to self: remember to take off Jewlery when going into 200 degree rooms..I've got a loverly slight burn mark from my necklace)
Yeah, sooo I gotta coupon fer another gym (Im becoming a " Free Visit " gym Ho), so I go and try some of the equipment..I hopped on this slanted boardy thing and did about a bajillion sit ups, feeling quite smug at how easy it was until this guy tells me "Um Lady, your head is suppose to be on the low incline and yer feet up here".. How Embarraskin! So I turn myself around, manage 1..2, ugh 2 and a half, and I proceed to loose my balance and fall over the side...

Kiwonk
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Not the puppy. The puppy's size doubles every week, I think.I think you're right. She doesn't look like a puppy at all. But she sure acts like one. She's gettin' right purty -- has lost almost all of her puppy teeth, and her tail is getting quite full.

Well, I guess I'd better get my camera out and go to work.
Yes Yes pictures of Rosie...Did you put her hair in pig tails? I bet she would look so cute wizzing about with her pig tails whipping zip zip wiz!....
Did I tell you I'm feeling a bit better .. Nyquil gives you a doopy buzz but seems to work... I think the Sauna at this new gym I went to the other night sweated the cold to blossom out..(note to self: remember to take off Jewlery when going into 200 degree rooms..I've got a loverly slight burn mark from my necklace).......So I turn myself around, manage 1..2, ugh 2 and a half, and I proceed to loose my balance and fall over the side...
My my dear, you are a little on the loopy doopy side, eh? :D You get the most unlikely burns I ever heard of.

I am listening to a CD I gave DH for Christmas -- Our New Orleans: A Benefit Album for the Gulf Coast. It is fab. I bought is because I heard this fantastic song by Beausoleil on it, but that is definitely not the only good one.

Off to photo graffi.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
LOL Schots. That is SO FUNNNNY. Situps where you get a running start. I am falling out of my chair.

And waiting for Rosie to pose.

Schatzi
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Kiwi: U skirted it!!! POST this Hamburger soup crap you make...or maybe you don't make it at all..maybe its hamburger helper watered down..yeah, maybe thats it! ....post it and I will have DH take a pic of my burnt neck! Dare Dare Double Dare!

Pernie: I like yer method better..Sit ups in a Chair..Most doable.

Kiwonk
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, let's see, I make hamburger soup from a recipe for "Italian Hamburger Soup" (pronounced "Eye-talian") given me by my MIL. But I don't usually follow the recipe very closely. I will go get it and attempt to explain what I end up with. Ohmygosh the popovers were good, as was the soup, which by the way was leftover, did I mention that?

Oh, I'm wrong, the recipe is called "Theresa's Betty's It. Veg. Soup". :lol:

Here's the original recipe:
1# hamburg
2 cans beef broth
1/2 to 1 cup ch onions
1 can mixed veg.
2 cans It. stew tom.
1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 cup uncooked noodles
In Lge pot brown meat & onions. Drain excess liquid. Salt & pepper to taste. Stir in remaining engredients. Bring to a boil, simmer 15 min. or until noodles are tender.

I think it's cute, don't you? Here's what I do to it: It starts the same, I use 85% lean meat, so there's not much grease. I don't usually use mixed veg (Veg-All is what she uses), I cut up a large carrot, a stalk or 2 of celery and a large potato, and add some frozen green beans or wax beans. This time I threw in a little teeny can of wax beans leftover from the sailboat, with its water. Not the sailboat water, the water from the can. :carrot: I don't always use canned broth, sometimes I use about 4 cups of water and 4 tsp of bouillon paste or cubes, sometimes I use homemade broth. I never think to buy stewed tomatoes so I always use a large can of crushed tomatoes. DD hates to see tomatoes in things, so it's just as well. :lol: I don't add the noodles until the soup has simmered for a while, the longer the better as far as I'm concerned, then throw noodles in for 10 minutes. Sometimes I use barley instead, which has to simmer for about an hour.

It's good whether you use the recipe or my way. And better the next day, although I'll warn you the noodles swell up, so don't use anything that's already wide/big, you'll think the soup was swallowed up by the noodle that ate Cincinnati.

I am listening again to that CD, and I'm in love with a piano piece called Tipitina and Me by Allen Toussaint. Makes me want to swoon.

Posting piccies.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
That's a nice CD player. Where's Rosie?

Schatzi
01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
And I thought Kiwi said she has a messy house.. WHY ..in these PICs I SEE SHINY DUSTFREE areas!!! AND CLEAN FLOORS!! and that puter area SHINES!
Hmmpf: Me thinks someone is a closet clean freak!;)

Damn, my challenge has been answered, I guess I must post a pic of my neck.. A SIDE VIEW ONLY--I Shall not subject you to full frontal WADDLE.

Wabby
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Sigh. Jett is no longer a baby. They grow up so fast.

Kiwi, I have pretty much the same recipe for soup. It's called Harry Jr. Stew. I didn't know Harry was eye-talian. I'll tell you my favorite quick soup recipe - if you care - if you don't, well so what.... It's minestrone soup. 3 or 4 strips of bacon, cooked crispy, take out of pan and chop up and saute 1 onion and 2 or 3 celery ribs in bacon drippings. Add a can of bean w/ bacon soup and a can of beef broth concentrate, a can of tomatoes, chopped or otherwise, a couple cans of water, lots of chopped cabbage, zuchini, carrots and any other veggies you love, some basil and oregano, pepper, garlic powder. Throw the bacon, crumbled, back in. Cook until the veggies are mushy then add the pasta of your choice and cook another 20 minutes. This is delish, especially w/ some parmesan sprinkled on top and some crusty french bread. mmmmm. I'm going to get out the soup pot this weekend. Maybe I'll make some of Kiwonk's soup and some minestrone and freeze it for work lunches so I quit eating this horrible fast food.

Schatzi, I like to think my waddle looks better in the front on view. I never allow side view picture taking any more. Upside down sit ups! You are hi-larry-***, girly! This is but another reason why I don't go to gyms. That and laziness.

Disaster has struck. I can't find my swimsuit, and being fat and 49 I only have one. Looked in the motorhome. Looked in the boat. actually cleaned out my closet looking for it. Gotta have one for vacation. You know what this means---- 3 way mirrors and swimsuit shopping. eeeeek.

How am I gonna diet when I'm so hungry all the time? I had an english muffin for breakfast. Both my sisters are coming by for lunch. :carrot: It won't be a diet lunch, I'm sure.

Cowpernia
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I make soup, too. It's called Refrigerator Soup and is made from hambuger and all the veggies in the fridge plus whatever I add from the cabinet. Use stock or water. Add seasonings or don't.

PainterWoman
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Kind of skimming the posts from when I last went through them.
Cow-- sorry you've had another rejections. Poop. You must be that much closer to a change in direction. The answer (in spite of David Spade and those Capital One commercials) can't ALWAYS be "no."

Baggz (I think) Thanks for the reminder to live my own life. I am really working on it! not so much the "my own" part any more, but the LIVE part. I'd been coasting there for a long time. I'm still coasting when it comes to the vacuum though. Guilt!

Hope all the daughters are feeling encouraged, even if there's tough going ahead. And it's gotta be one of the toughest times for a mom... FEELING responsible but not, ultimately, being in charge.

The hamburger soup sounds divine... But it's supposed to be back in the upper 70's... will save it in hope we get some semi-winter weather.

TTFN.

Schatzi
01-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Bush is on: A new Bushism

" The Economy is Strong and We intend to Keep it"

I thought we were giving it to China?? :s:

SugP
01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
No time to post. Spent the afternoon putting away the Christmas crap and must now go to bed at a decent hour. Lost 4 lbs somehow. Will probably find them again tomorrow.

Hugs to all.

Mmmm...sailboat water...:carrot:

Kiwonk
01-06-2006, 11:45 PM
And I thought Kiwi said she has a messy house.. WHY ..in these PICs I SEE SHINY DUSTFREE areas!!! AND CLEAN FLOORS!! and that puter area SHINES!
Hmmpf: Me thinks someone is a closet clean freak!;):rofl: That's because I'm a much better photo editor than a housekeeper! Here's the real horror you didn't see:
What you didn't see of the desk (DH's desk, by the way; mine's much worse)
What you didn't see of the stair landing (leftover stain from dog that died 3 years ago)
Proof that Rosie doesn't do stairs -- that fuzzy stuff is dust galore
and just a bonus view of mess (with cute cat/dog confrontation)

Never let it be said that I'm afraid to air my dirty laundry in public, eh? :shrug:

Kiwi

Schatzi
01-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Yer killing me!!!!! :lol: :lol3: :rofl: rofl:

Kiwonk
01-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Yes, that is the handle of an Easter basket on the left side of the last picture. :lol:

On the bright side, I got the tree stripped and DH took it outside tonight when he got home. I still have to pack boxes away. I didn't get a wreath for my door this year. I regret that. I put up a boring and stupid looking decoration on the door just to have something there. I can't stand to have it up one more day, so I wonder what I should put up. I miss having a wreath. I usually leave them up till some time in March (they stay so cold that they last 3+ months). Maybe I should decorate for Martin Luther King Day. :chin:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Arright, why am I here talking to myself? Do I have to post more hideous pictures or something. I think I have a photo of DH's hernia scar somewhere...

PainterWoman
01-08-2006, 03:12 AM
So I guess this group kind of takes Saturday off. whew... not so much to catch up on!

Shatzi-- didn't know you were a moderator. Well, Bravo, girly.
Sug -- 4 pounds missing... Good work!
Kiwi -- I love it. Housecleaning via photoshop! I actually ran the vacuum yesterday and had to take a long nap before dinner. The cat no longer has dust bunnies to contend with. I kept last years wreaths up all year long. Faux Eucalyptus with red berries.... For a while I had a wreath for every Lillian Vernon Catalog season.... but the people at Michael's were about to learn my first name, and DH didn't want to sacrifice that much attic space, so I've cut back. Is there a 12 step group for house decorators run amok? Surely there are bear, moose or blueberry wreaths you could put up!!

I hope I have lost pounds... and found clothes that fit.
Maybe I need to hold myself more accountable! don't tell anybody though... I'm not quite ready to promise!

Schatzi
01-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Woe... Where have all the Cows gone...did someone leave the gate open????

I am being subjected to watching the Giants and Panthers...and listen'n to DH rag on "his" team.

Kiwi..I made the HAMBURGER ZOUP yesterday...It was DeeeeLISH!
I used crushed tomatos too...and beef bouillion cubettes... it's a keeper! Thanks Dahlink. I am making a Spring wreath fer the front door.. The door looked so nice with the Xmas wreath on it..now it looks all sad and nekkid.

Painty: I hope you lost pounds tooo! yes, I'm a moderator for the South Beach forum..They didn't hold being a Cow against me :lol3: or I woulda Said No! I am a COW and dern proud to be one a the herd!

Kiwonk
01-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Shatzi-- didn't know you were a moderator. No kidding - what group are you moderating? Good thing we don't have a moderator, eh? :lol3:

Good idea, a bear, moose and blueberry wreath! Maybe I could collect some moose droppings (http://www.northstar.k12.ak.us/schools/awe/moose/moosenuggets.html):smoking: ...Just kidding. Although apparently they do make novelty scultures out of moose droppings somewhere around here. Lovely idea, eh? Yes, I would like a wreath that could hang for a long time, but I'll have to buy it. If I tried to make it, I would probably spend more for the materials than buying one anyway (and heaven only knows what it would turn out like..)

It's a good thing DH still has a little tiny drop of responsibility left in him, because the washing machine broke yesterday. I am sure it is his fault: a couple of weeks ago, I asked him to push it back a few inches (it had worked its way out of place, and my back was hurting so I didn't want to do it). Apparently he took it by the control panel at the top, that sticks up above the rest of the machine, and just shoved. Naturally the entire top piece broke off -- DUH! And he said "he'd get to it sometime" -- it was still working, you just had to hold onto the top to turn the dial and push the buttons :rolleyes: . So yesterday it stopped spinning and started to overheat. And this morning DH took it apart, fixed it and broke a hose. He's out getting a new one. It's difficult to be mad at someone who breaks your appliances and then fixes them :shrug: although it's equally difficult to effuse with happy gratitude... I'd feel a lot better if he'd just say he was sorry when he did something stupid.

Enough griping. I spent almost all day yesterday helping DD with one of her scholarship applications. She is applying for several, but this one is for the Elks and it's a local scholarship that could get passed on to state and national. You wouldn't believe what they require -- it's way more demanding than most of the college applications! And the likely result is $1000/year grant, which is nice, but this is a lot of hoops to jump through to get it. They have to fill out a mess of forms, have the usual transcipts and financial info, a recommendation from someone who's not a teacher or a relative (a person from the "community"), an essay on an assigned topic, and several pages of "exhibits" of their accomplishments. And it all has to be neatly bound in a particular kind of folder. I've been cobbling together various newspaper articles, photos and certificates for the exhibits. Oy.

I know, that sounded like more griping. It's not really, I'd rather do stuff like that than go grocery shopping, which I'm going to have to give in and do today or we won't eat this week...

Yeah, you're right, it's all griping. Well, that's me.

Oh wait, more griping. He didn't even bother to fix the top piece of the washer. All he did was tighten a belt and break the hose. I give up.

Kiwi the pissed off

Kiwonk
01-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Oops, I missed your post, Schatzi! Glad you like the Zoup.

My stomach hurts from being p-o'ed. That's not good, is it?

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-08-2006, 06:57 PM
having your gut hurt because you are po'ed is just proof that our digestive systems are very delicate----i get a lump and a headache when i am peeeved=====i remember dd writing all those essays for scholarships kiwonk=---you are right---it is very demanding ,esp when there are a hundred other things to attend to---this grade twelve year was VERY stressful as i recall!!!! lots of fun,but lots to do-----------how is cowpern's baby doing with the scholarship essays?????

PainterWoman
01-09-2006, 03:31 AM
Shatz-- Happy moderating! I need a reality check because I'm still wishing that bread was a vegetable. :dizzy:

Kiwi-- I'm glad DH repairs what he breaks (or rather, makes it usable). I used to try to put exH into EITHER a good category OR a bad one, and it often gave me a headache. What I learned a long time after he'd flown the proverbial coop is that he was BOTH good AND bad. And I learned to think about either the good or the bad (one category at a time) while always remembering that BOTH categories existed AND my sanity required that neither one be deleted.

My DS and his GF just adopted a 9 week old husky. I believe they paid a fortune at a pet store. I wish they'd asked me first. But he's really cute. (the puppy, I mean. DS isn't so bad, but not really "cute" any more. The puppy won't be "cute" when he grows into the predicted 80 pound body, either. Yikes)

Hope the Scholarship apps pan out. If she's interested in another set, let me know, there's a women's organization I can recommend to you... for outright scholarships OR loans, depending on which criteria she meets.

I'm sure lots of folks will be all busy posting during the week... but this is when I had the time.

Happy veggies and exercise!

PainterWoman
01-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Forgot. His name is Bailey.... after the color of Irish Cream.

Schatzi
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Bailey is a beauty...hmmm what if we match up Jett with Bailey!!!! Grey puppies? spotted puppies.. how adorable...

Ok what party is everyone at? obviously not here... hmmm maybe January is a cow hibernation month.

Elcrappo... I gained 11 pounds since Thanksgiving! I redid my ticker to reflect how craptacular I am. Back to basics..

Bagzz
01-09-2006, 03:54 PM
it is snowing out and it makes me feel like going for a nap---i think i will have some Chai Tea---has anyone tried it?? i am addicted to it---it tastes cinnaminnnyyyyy0-00----------- i LOVE it-----i want to make tea biscuits and eat four of them with jam----how's that for my diet--i had garlic bread and a strawberry salad for breakfast and lunch------------sleeeeeeeeeeeepyyyyy---cute doggie painty---doggies are sooooooooooo adorable looking but you must REALLY love them to do all the WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we left the three cats for two days and all was well when we returned---they didnt' even finish all the food!

Bagzz
01-09-2006, 04:00 PM
i got rid of my boyfriend Kalan Porter--- i still love him but he turned twenty so now he's too old for me---i will keep looking.

Kiwonk
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
What I learned a long time after he'd flown the proverbial coop is that he was BOTH good AND bad. Aren't they all? Today he spent the entire day so far taking apart and trying to fix the recliner section on the couch where he sits -- it finally collapsed yesterday. Well, actually it collapsed a few times and he whacked it back into place. I am such a bad person, it made me laugh every time I heard it collapse and DH :censored:. Anyway, he's removed the section and loaded it into the car to be fixed at the furniture store.

Bailey is awful cute! It always make me cringe when I hear of someone buying at a pet store, though, you never know what you've got.
Bailey is a beauty...hmmm what if we match up Jett with Bailey!!!! Grey puppies? spotted puppies.. how adorable...I was going to do a conversion art pic with their two photos merged, but my computer says it doesn't have enough memory. :rolleyes: Anyway my little girl is getting spayed the end of this month. I kind of hate to do it, but I said I would. I could have probably gotten her on a basis to show her if I had wanted (they have to be intact to show), but I knew I wouldn't end up showing her anyway. It's expensive and time-consuming. All the latest advice says that spaying early is good for the dog's long-term health anyway.

we left the three cats for two days and all was well when we returned---they didnt' even finish all the food!Yeah, stop bragging.. I am having to plan for a few days out of town at the end of this month. I'd forgotten what a pain it is when you have to board a dog...

We're getting a pile of snow today too. About 4+ inches so far and it keeps coming down.

Poor Kalan, dropped by a hot mama. Does that mean he's available?

Kiwi

SugP
01-10-2006, 12:15 PM
(Tried to post this before and 3fc ate it and then exploded. LUCKILY I had just copied it because I had a premonition!)

I swear I'm not ignoring you cows! I just pull a blank when I sit down to write something. My stomach ain't doing all that well either. Heartburn and no appetite - something must be up, but no, I haven't decided to run away.:D

Kiwieeee - the washing machine sounds like our fridge. We dragged if from our old apartment and when dh was shoving it in its space here, he broke off the little thingie for the freezer part that needs to be pushed in or else it beeps because it thinks the freezer has been left open. Yes, German fridges are weird. So he put some kind of a metal part in it and used some horrible brown glue and the thing regularily falls off if you don't close the freezer door 'just so'. Gaahhhhhhhhhh! The back wall is all iced up too on the inside, so the fridge is probably on its way out and I'd just like to give it a little extra push. :) Wow, good luck on all that college stuff. More stressful for the parents than for the kids.

And the RoboVacuum is hilarious! I need to get me one of those.:dizzy:

Schatzi - ooh, a moderator- that'll keep you on your toes! My door's looking nekkid now too. I only remembered to take the wreath off yesterday. :p What kind of creation are you making?

Painty - Bailey is BEAUTIFUL. My parents had a husky for years when I was a kid/teenager and she was well loved. Hope the after-c treatment is going well.:hug:

Bazieeeee - yeah, a lump and a headache sound familiar. I looooooooove chai tea. It tastes so exotic when everything else around here is so normal.

My kitchen is just disgusting and I've decide to do something about it. Dh says if I throw away all the crap in there, I'll get a whole new kitchen. Because the old one is only 18 yrs old and literally falling apart.

Kiwonk
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Kiwieeee - the washing machine sounds like our fridge. We dragged if from our old apartment and when dh was shoving it in its space here, he broke off the little thingie for the freezer part ... Gaahhhhhhhhhh! The back wall is all iced up too on the inside, so the fridge is probably on its way out and I'd just like to give it a little extra push. :)

My kitchen is just disgusting and I've decide to do something about it. Dh says if I throw away all the crap in there, I'll get a whole new kitchen. Because the old one is only 18 yrs old and literally falling apart.I hope he doesn't mean what my DH means when he says that: that the kitchen will be like a new one when you throw away all the crap.

My washing machine feels your refrigerator's pain. I can't remember exactly when we got our fridge, but I think it might have been either right before or shortly after we moved into our house -- 19 years ago. The washer and dryer we bought with the house so they are older than that as well. We also purchased the crappy apartment size stove that came with the house and about 5 years ago upgraded to a cast-off from the in-laws, lord knows how old that is. :rolleyes: But full sized! The broken couch/recliner is actually one of the "newer" items around here: about 13 years. Annoyingly, the frame and mechanism of the thing comes with a life-time warranty, so this is at least the third time we've made the store fix it. To be honest, I'm very frugal myself and don't care about having a lot of new stuff, but I really didn't picture living in a falling down house with old broken appliances and furniture, when I got married. I mean I have this shiny new puppy, she deserves better! :lol:

I'm making that hambone broth soup I made a year or 2 ago. Yum. Gotta go strain the broth (it's been simmering in the crockpot since midnight last night!) Remind me not to strain it down the drain.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---straining things down the drain!! didn't we talk about this one before!!! haaaaaaaaa i did it with the gravy at the aunt in law's once===she was unimpressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--it's like there is a piece missing in my brain lately!!!---------------

Wabby
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Things are always falling apart at our house. I blame it on bad house feng shuai (or however you spell it.) The front and back doors of our house line up so all the energy is constantly escaping. Which also explains why it's always a mess. I have no energy to clean it. The sump pump went out a couple weeks ago, but this is how prepared my DH is.... it had been raining like crazy around here and DH figured the pump was getting tired, so he put in a new pump before the old pump quit. We figured we'd keep the old one for a back up. 2 days later I was drinking coffee in the nice quiet house early in the am, only our house is never quiet, the sump pump has a house heartbeat sound. As soon as the heart beat sound quit, I checked and sure enough, the new pump had quit. I woke DH up (I'm sure that's his favorite way to be awaken) and he put the old pump back, then spent his day tracking down another replacement pump. You can only appreciate how amazing this story is if you've ever had to muck out 3 ft. of water in a basement. DH can drive me a little crazy w/ his preparedness, but the alternative would be worse. In fact, he already has all his vacation clothes pressed and packed and we aren't leaving for another week.

Sug - drawing a blank is fine - you could do worse and ramble like I tend to. I've forgotten my password for your blog too, but I read you almost daily.

Bagzie, heeee- Kalan too old----:dizzy: Bagzie, we don't get shoplifted, but we did get one of our job trailers broken into last weekend - thieves made off w/ about $4000 worth of tools. Very frustrating. We have insurance, but we're still trying to decide if we want to make a claim. Contractors insurance is getting hard to find, so we're afraid of getting cancelled.

My puter has gotten a bug - somebody tell me how to get rid of it --- when I click on Internet Explorer to access the web, I get hi-jacked to a page that says www dot systemupdatepage dot com. Do not go there!!!!It's a spam page that is trying to sell internet security software. It also downloaded a program called spyware to my computer that I managed to delete. Anyway I hope it's deleted. It also added an icon to my toolbar that constantly popped up a message that I need to download their security software to my puter. I managed to figure out how to get rid of the icon, changing the toolbar options, but it's still on my puter - I couldn't delete it completely. I bet Kiwi would be able to fix it.

I love chai tea - yum.

Kiwonk
01-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Things are always falling apart at our house. I blame it on bad house feng shuai (or however you spell it.) The front and back doors of our house line up so all the energy is constantly escaping. Which also explains why it's always a mess. I have no energy to clean it. That's it! That must be why my house is a wreck too! I always blamed it on the previous owners for replacing the big windows with small ones and not using enough screws in switchplates and outlets. I still think that could factor in.

Oh that sucks about the theft, that's a lot of tools! Did you get the police involved? There's very little crime in this area, but we are so lulled into complacency as a result, sometimes I get scared thinking about it.

About your spyware, what do you have on your puter for protection tools? I have Norton Antivirus, AdAware and Spybot on mine but DH's computer is the one that gets "attacked", probably because DD uses it to download strange stuff. He has Microsoft Antispyware loaded onto it; it's a free program and it's supposed to be very good. In the meantime, have you tried Add/Remove Programs? (Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs) If you can figure out what the name of the program is that got downloaded, you might find it there and get rid of it. Another thing that I had to use yesterday to clean out remnants of software is called Windows Install Cleanup. I believe it's also free from Microsoft. I was loading my new version of Norton Antivirus and it kept failing because there was old Antivirus stuff hanging around and I ran that and it took care of it. I don't know if that would detect spyware stuff, but it might be worth a try.

Have you looked at Internet Options on your Internet Explorer? Be sure your home page setting (Tools/Internet Options/General-HomePage) doesn't have that spam URL in it. Also if it hijacked your default search engine, you can go into that same Options menu under Programs, and hit the Reset Web Settings button. That happened to me once--I hit the search button and instead of going to msn search it went to some bogus website.

It's raining on top of the snow today, which I think is just gross. I hope it doesn't become a soggy slushy mess. DD was going to take some of her friends x-c skiing after school today. She was relieved to finish that insane scholarship application yesterday. They'd better give her something for all that work. :judge:

Jet keeps staring at me.

SugP
01-11-2006, 04:46 PM
OMG, Jet is so beautiful! Just look at her glossy coat.

Wabby - I was thinking the same thing about the start page. I've had weird sites change my page all of a sudden and I had to go into the settings and change it back.

Well, now I know why I've been feeling like a snail trying to walk up the escalator the wrong way. Blood test last week, thyroid level results this week. Lady behind the counter said everything was 'normal' but I made her give me a print out and saw that the levels are all out of whack. These people don't have a clue. Now I have to go to the lovely and talented doctor of nuclear medicine again and whine to her. And they only make you wait 7 weeks for an appt. Yay! But I suppose it's better to know that something's wrong with ya than feeling like this for no reason. :dizzy:

It sometimes freaks me out that a lot of unhappy stuff went on in our house before we bought it. I wonder if all that seeps into the walls? The previous owners divorced and the woman was left all alone with practically no money while her ex went off and got married again and bought fancy cars, and then 6 months after we moved in and she had moved to a really nice apartment and bought herself a fancy new kitchen, first decent one in her life, she died between Christmas and New Year's by falling down somewhere in her apartment and hitting her head. Ugh. Bad, bad karma, I tell ya. :o

Wabby
01-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Kiwi, this is what's really frustrating about this puter thing - I've checked the internet options settings for my homepage - it shows www.msn.com, which is what I've been using for over a year. When it loads it still gives me the bogus page. So then I thought I'll try changing it to the Dell home page that was on the puter originally - it still gives me the bogus page when I click on the Internet Explorer icon to launch the internet. I have McAffe anti virus and firewall. :?:

Cherry Cow
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Sugar P, that's a sad story. I wonder too about bad energy from previous residents. The last two places we lived in have been good. The previous one always felt like it was stuck together with bubblegum.

I'm about to go walk on my treadmill. Yay! I've been listening to this British hypnotherapist about losing weight. I hope it sinks in.

Wabby
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I downloaded microsoft antispyware and ran it. It found one thing, I deleted it, but my puter is still doing the same thing. I'm afraid I'm going to have to call in The Geek Squad.

Sugar, all your good vibes have surely sent the bad vibes packin'.

Bagzz
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
i am fat and my house is a mess.

Kiwonk
01-12-2006, 01:29 AM
i am fat and my house is a mess.I suppose that's your idea of an affirmation, huh????

I've been spouting off to people all day. I wrote a snide email to George Will. I wrote someone who sends me chain letter crap and politely asked that she put me in the BCC box so my address wouldn't get forwarded around the world. Then I had to explain to her how to get the Bcc box. I posted another snide message in the Help forum on here.

I wish I had been some help, Wab. It's so frustrating when you can't get rid of these evil little computer demons.

DD is all up in arms tonight because apparently now the music publishing industry is going to crack down on all the people who post and share guitar tabs and lyrics of popular songs, even though they have worked them out themselves and not copied them from actual sheet music. Death to the Corporate Meanies!! :rollpin: I told her she needed to become a lawyer and sue their pants off.

Kiwi

Wabby
01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm going to ignore all the pop ups and spyware stuff swirling around me and post.

Now I need something to say.

4 days 'til I sail awaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!

41 days 'til baby is due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Kiwi, tell DD when she's a huge rock star she's going to want the music industry corporate machine kickin' arse in her behalf. ;) It does seem a bit excessive, huh?

My 2 sis's and a friend are taking me to a bon voyage lunch today. Any reason for a party around here is a good one.

Kiwonk
01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Ick, the weather turned all drippy, the driveway is ice, and the ceiling is leaking again. Blah. DH seems to have a cold and is managing to be even more in the way than usual. I need a vacation!! Can I go on your cruise, Wabby? Aw come on, I'll be lots of fun, I promise!!

Did I ever tell you what happened to us going to see Billy Joel? The person who bought the tickets goofed up and bought too many with one credit card. There was an 8 ticket limit and she figured that if they let her go in and buy 5 more, it was all right. Then when they received the tickets in the mail, there were only 8 and it turned out they took away the other 5!! If she'd only known they would do that, she could have somebody else buy the other 5, but now only the kids are going to get to go. We're all going to pile in the cars and go to Boston anyway, any excuse to get out of town, eh? We'll just spend the time needling her about how much we wanted to see Billy Joel. :lol:

Later gators, gotta go mop up the kitchen... :(

Kiwi

SugP
01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Can't you just picture Wabby and Kiw on a cruise together? Just imagine the fun. :carrot: :carrot:

Bummer about Billy Joel, Kiwi. :( (and even more of a bummer that I'm going to have "Uptown Girl" washing around in my brain all night now)

I got personalized spam today. It said:

"This is the PERFECT time to 'loose' weight!!"

How did they know?

Must go to bed.

I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and...

Kiwonk
01-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and...Hey! Cut that out! Here is your new assignment. Repeat after me:

I am a fabulous and beautiful person, who is too busy raising happy children to worry about her house.

Okay, that's a little long. Here's a shorter version:

If you don't like it, clean it yourself, Toots.

My house is still a pit, but I am very glad that DD has no qualms about having her bf over, even though he comes from one of those local traditional families where I suspect they still do Spring Cleaning for an entire week every year, and the mom has 4 kids, a part-time job, an overworked dh and a perfectly clean house. I'd hate her if she wasn't such a sweetheart (like her son). Yesterday DD had 5 kids over to go x-c skiing at the nearby trail. Then they all piled into the living room and had hot chocolate. Then the dog jumped all over them. :shrug:

I just pretend that I am too intellectual to clean up this dump. And too tall to worry about my weight. :rofl:

I'm making meatloaf and baked potatoes. I just asked DH if he thought we had to have vegetables, seeing's how DD already ate dinner and went to pep band. I was trying to be amusing. He pretty much stared at me in puzzlement. I need an audience for my swell sense of humor, and he has lost his! What to do, what to do? Stand-up?

Where is Peachbutt for the past several days? Not to mention everyone else?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and my house is a mess. I am fat and...Hey! Cut that out! Here is your new assignment. Repeat after me:

I am a fabulous and beautiful person, who is too busy raising happy children to worry about her house.

Okay, that's a little long. Here's a shorter version:

If you don't like it, clean it yourself, Toots.

My house is still a pit, but I am very glad that DD has no qualms about having her bf over, even though he comes from one of those local traditional families where I suspect they still do Spring Cleaning for an entire week every year, and the mom has 4 kids, a part-time job, an overworked dh and a perfectly clean house. I'd hate her if she wasn't such a sweetheart (like her son). Yesterday DD had 5 kids over to go x-c skiing at the nearby trail. Then they all piled into the living room and had hot chocolate. Then the dog jumped all over them. :shrug:

I just pretend that I am too intellectual to clean up this dump. And too tall to worry about my weight. :rofl:

I'm making meatloaf and baked potatoes. I just asked DH if he thought we had to have vegetables, seeing's how DD already ate dinner and went to pep band. I was trying to be amusing. He pretty much stared at me in puzzlement. I need an audience for my swell sense of humor, and he has lost his! What to do, what to do? Stand-up?

Where is Peachbutt for the past several days? Not to mention everyone else?

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
WOW!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN A DOUBLE POSTING SINCE THE OLD CYBERMOM DAYS!!!--- remember when we would have trouble posting and kept pushing the post button and then we would be all embarrassed cause we posted the same thing ten times!!!!---YES--where is the peaharse anyway---what the **** is going on around here??? WE HAVE NOOOOOOOO SNOW---ABSOLUTELY NONE AND IT'S GOING UP TO TEN CELCIUS !!! I LOVE IT!!!! NO BOOTS,NO MESS, NO SHOVELLING,NO COLD---IT'S EFFIN GREAT---HI KIWONK---WHEN IS THE BOSTON TRIP---SOUNDS LIKE FUN--WE MAY GO TO NYC FOR THE STEPDD'S SPRING BREAK!!!

Cowpernia
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I am going to teach you all to knit socks. Please purchase 100 grams of sock yarn, and a set of 2.5 mm double point needles. Let me know when you have them.

I remember just the other year Wabbo went on a cruise. Kiwi is going instead of Wabbo-dh this time? Weird. No ... good.

I have nothing to say. Obviously.

Schatzi
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Frickin AAAAAAhole! I'm a Mod and I can't delete that DDDDDOOOOUUUBBBBLLLEEEE PPPPOOOOSSST
Eh, that's okay, I love to read Kiwi's posts twice or more anyway!

All are invited here fer a vacay! I shall make blender Frappes with Tequila, and Baileys! (not painty's puppy and not together)
We will eat only the Best Tee Veee Dinners and Frozen Horse De Vooors...
A pajama party where Taffy haired Kiwi will be our human Scrabble dictionary and Wabbina will teach us Bunco!!! We will hock loogies on Sugah as she tries to teach us German and she will love it.
we will wear ratty comfy clothes with heavenly hand knitted "bettysox" Bagz can say EFFIN whatever and painty will make us a Flambe breakfast at 4 PM.

Schatzi
01-12-2006, 10:29 PM
X skiing sounds like exercise in disguise...I'm not liken it..
Is that done with snow shoes kiwi? Or is it how I try to ski on flat ground (which is quite sweat producing)

Kiwonk
01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
That's weird, that double posting, isn't it? I'm afraid if I try to delete one, they'll both go. Yeah, and what a tragedy that would be, eh? :lol: I did get an odd error message after I posted. I think 3fc is having some overloading problems. They're having a discussion in the announcements forum about how to trim loading time by limiting signatures. If you've noticed the sigs only show up once on a page now. You can vote if you like that or rather have people's sigs limited to a smaller size. Personally I don't care. Although I voted not to limit sig size because I hate being told what to do... I tried to point out to people that if not seeing sigs more than once on a page is a problem for them, they can change their options to have only 5 or 10 posts on a page, but nobody's listening.

We still have snow -- although it's all wet and mushy. I took the dog snowshoeing (okay, only I was on snowshoes; she had to use her bare feet) today and it felt like I was slogging through whipped cream in some places.

Schatzi, that's x-c skiing, short for cross country. And yeah, it's the kind of skiing on flat ground. The skis and boots are entirely different from downhill skis -- trying to use downhill skis on flat ground is like trying to tie your shoes when you're pregnant... We do a lot of x-c around here because we have snow from Nov./Dec. to April, and you can basically ski for very cheap. The trails are free and they're groomed with a machine by local volunteers, so when the snow is nice there are perfect tracks to ski in. It is awesome exercise and I haven't been out since last year. Snowshoeing is really good exercise too and I don't have to go the whole mile to the ski trails; I can walk out the door. How spoiled am I?

Kiwi

Schatzi
01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Schatzi, that's x-c skiing, short for cross country. And yeah, it's the kind of skiing on flat ground. The skis and boots are entirely different from downhill skis -- trying to use downhill skis on flat ground is like trying to tie your shoes when you're pregnant... We do a lot of x-c around here because we have snow from Nov./Dec. to April, and you can basically ski for very cheap. The trails are free and they're groomed with a machine by local volunteers, so when the snow is nice there are perfect tracks to ski in. It is awesome exercise and I haven't been out since last year. Snowshoeing is really good exercise too and I don't have to go the whole mile to the ski trails; I can walk out the door. How spoiled am I?

Well ya tired me out just reading it.. At this point I would only be interested if the shoes were pretty hippy strappy ones with a heel.

Well I don't like to be told what to do either, and :yawn: I don't listen anyway

Wabby
01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I want you all to go on the cruise with us. Meet me at the LA harbor Sunday afternoon. I've managed to get everybody bartending jobs onboard for the week, except Sugar, who is going to perform in the "Vegas style" stage show. Hey, it was the best I could do on my limited budget. :dizzy: Actually, Schatzi's vacation offer sounds deeeee-vine.

I've earned this cruise. It's been raining for something like 29 or 30 days here without a break. And it's not that wimpy kind of rain they get in other places. This is soggy, gray, clouds on the ground, rain that pours down and seeps into everything Oregon kind of rain. The kind of rain that causes a run on anti depressants at the drug store.

Geez, Kiwi, your poor ticket buying friend. That's why I hate to be in charge of planning anything. I was the one in charge of this vacation so it will be all my fault if everything goes haywire.

This post sorta sounds like I've got vacation on the brain, huh?:D

Bagzz
01-13-2006, 03:17 PM
i am VERY fat and my house is VERY messy

Wabby
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
You are pleasantly plump and your house is comfortable.

Oops. I just sent out an email. I forgot about my puter problems. Delete it. It wasn't important and I wouldn't want to chance infecting anybody w/ these nasty pop ups.

Kiwonk
01-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I am still writing Christmas cards (albeit exceedingly slowly) and my house is leaking profusely.

Notice how I make every effort to ignore weight issues. I'm in denial. I just vacuumed the rugs. While sitting here. heh heh heh :s:

I will be happy to bartend, Wab. That sounds like fun. And I'll get tips! (Such as: "Hey lady, there's a fitness room on this ship!" "Hey bartender, where'd you learn to mix drinks, on the ark?" Well, that would be more of an insult than a tip, but you get the idea.)

I'm going to Schatzi's party. When is it? Can I bring my dog-monster?

Our yard has turned to ice with water on top of it. You can't walk across it without losing your footing. In fact, DH just took a header on his way to get in the car. The dog tried her usual 90 mile an hour run up the driveway this morning, and fell down on her way back and slid, scrambling to get up. :shocksn: Oddly enough, she didn't offer to do it again...

:snow4: Ta

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Too late, Wab. I opened it. It didn't do anything to my puter, not to worry.

Wabby
01-13-2006, 09:04 PM
See yas! I'm sailing awwwwwaaaaaaay.

Cherry Cow
01-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Have fun!

Kiwonk
01-14-2006, 10:26 PM
I forgot to wave goodbye to Wabbit!!! Wait, Wabby, I'm pedalling along the dock :ebike: as fast as I can waving :wave: -- Bon Voyage!!!!

I went to see my grand-nephew today!! He's so cute you can hardly stand it, just adorable and cuddly and sweet. Only 12 days old. Can you say "Awwww" :cloud9:

I have to go eat some chocolate. I'm tired, I need energy. :D

Kiwi

PainterWoman
01-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Unlike Shatzi, I think I am Fat-tastic. Grrr. Must get bulgy middle reined in or NO pants or skirts will fit. :faint: I'd promise to work on the rest of me, if I could just get rid of the "muffin top." Yech.:(

Baggz-- So who are you going to take up with now that Kalan has aged out? I think that old guy, John whatshisname on the Dancing program looks worth chasing!

Kiwi-- My DH managed to ad a dowel under our recliner (I don't know that there was a life-time guarantee with ours) that keeps some flexy bits from, um, flexing under his or my weight... so it doesn't threaten collapse any more. Hope that the repair shop isn't limited by "standard parts" and that they can actually make a lasting repair this time!!

Sug: Ohh, too bad about the fridge... and the poor karma in the house. Do you know somebody that believes in crystals, smoke and mirrors etc who could do some sort of house blessing to give it a fresh start? I've heard that burning a big bundle of sage is supposed to help. How very annoying that you know your tests are NOT normal, but the clinic staff is too blase. I hope you raise a big American STINK and get the help you need.:p :p

Wabbs: DH sounds like a life-long Boy Scout, being so well prepared with sump pump, etc. not to mention vacation preparation. Where are you crusing to from LA? Hawaii? It's a long way to any other place I can imagine. Be sure that there's aren't "Russian gamblers" on your boat and that you don't pass out on the steerage deck. (I've been following the bizarre story about W. Smith on his honeymoon cruise... so peculiar).

CherryCow: How are you thinking/feeling about British hypnotherapist? I hope you have better affirmations than Sug does.

Cowpernia... good luck with sock knitting instructions.... I actually am 2/3 through sock #1 for DH. MY LORD he has big feet. I think I could have knitted a whole baby dress with this many stitches!

I am OK... but fading for the evening.
My DD called me to say that the apartments two doors down burned up this morning, but that she's fine. That's the kind of call that gives you chills.:flame: :flame: :flame:

The rest of the story is here. (http://www.journal-to-a-muse.blogspot.com)

SugP
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I want you all to go on the cruise with us. Meet me at the LA harbor Sunday afternoon. I've managed to get everybody bartending jobs onboard for the week, except Sugar, who is going to perform in the "Vegas style" stage show.

But of course! They are helicoptering me and my pasties in at this very moment. I will meet y'all on the poop deck. I'll be the one wearing the toe socks.

Have a fabulous time, Wabby! Eat lotsa shrimp! Play shuffleboard! Flirt with the chief purser! Sit at the captain's table!

SugP
01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Ooh, so glad the dd is OK, Painty! :hug:

Kiwonk
01-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes, that is one scary sort of phone call! Glad she is fine.

Wow, it's suddenly so cold here it's unbelievable. Yesterday it poured all day long and got up to 55F. Although it melted a lot of snow and cleared our driveway of ice, it still did not clear off all the thick ice that covered our entire "dooryard". Then last night it snowed a little and the temperature went down, well, at least 50 degrees in 24 hours. My little snowman thermometer says it's -20F, but I think it might have just given up the ghost and slunk away in fear. According to the weather site it's about 7F with a wind chill bringing it down to about -9F.

Today DD's BF and his twin bro came over to help her make a cheesecake. For their birthday. The twin is a culinary student, and very good. So the 2 of them made the cheesecake (from my mother's recipe, no less!), while the bf had to hang out in the living room with DH. They went home while the cheesecake was cooling, because they had a family party to attend, with the kids coming over after dinner.

So later when DD went to get in the car to go to the party, the entire car was encased in a thick layer of ice! All the doors were frozen shut and we tore off a piece of door molding getting them open. We let the car warm up for a while but we still couldn't get the ice off the windshield so she had to call her friends to get a ride to the party. I managed to scrape the windshield enough to see through it, after letting it warm up for another 20 minutes. It's quite a sight.

I'm sitting here in the computer room wishing I'd closed the storm window in here a long time ago... I hate to open it up the inside window in order to close it; the wind is vicious. But on the other hand, my fingers are stiffening up! :eek:

Hope you all are warm.

Especially Wabby and Mr Wabby!

Kiwi

P.S. Now I wish I hadn't even thought of fixing that stupid storm window -- the latches on it (cheap pieces of plastic) are broken and it can't be closed, but in the meantime I'm colder than I was before from opening the window to do it. I can't believe I still live in this dump.

On the bright side, the dripping in the kitchen stopped. Or I guess I should say froze.

SugP
01-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Kiwi - Brrrrrr! I think you need to start thinking about moving to Florida where the only ice you'll find is in your mint julep! :carrot:

Schatzi
01-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Boooo I missed wave Buh-bye to Wabby.. I bet she is having a blast

Sug: Yer toe socks are HI LARRY *** as Bagz would say!

NaNook of the North: THAT SOUNDS horrid! Meanwhile us Suthinahs ah havin 60 degree weathah...TIS loverly! I only miss the snow when I think I want to go skiing...but the feeling passes quickly.

Painty: Goood Gravy what a scare :yikes: I read yer blog... my heart went to my stomach!

I'm doing craptacular .. I just went into labor and gave birth to a 1/4 inch rabbit pellet. Need to up the beans and fiber...but I did lose 3 pounds my first week back on South Beach. I bet there are 2 more pounds of poop just waiting to be "deposited"

Some good news... and timely too. DH has been doing contract work for MCI which just got bought by Verizon phone co.. A director there let it slip that Verizon is cutting 20% of the staff and the first to go are contractors.. But in the meantime, DH was called in fer an interview with Cisco. Ok...so in addition to his goal of living in Nerth Caroliner (check) his dream is to work fer Cisco--which has a big base down here... He got an offer from them.. So the good is that it is a Full time gig with benefits.. The bad part is that he will be taking about a 15,000 pay cut to join them.. He's going to try to negotiate a better salary but he will take the job regardless. Sooo this means that I really haveta git back to work....

Darby and Casey are beckoning !

Kiwonk
01-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm doing craptacular .. I just went into labor and gave birth to a 1/4 inch rabbit pellet. ..... I bet there are 2 more pounds of poop ......Aw shucks, thanks for sharing.:cp:

Good news on the job front! Well, except for you having to go back to work, anyway, but I suppose you were expecting that at some point.

It is still beastly cold here. Quite ridiculous. Even Jet only wanted to run around for a few minutes out there today. Of course now she's pacing around and staring at me like I'm supposed to do something fun.

Oh yeah, Happy Martin Luther King Day! What would be the colors for that?

Oh and I did update my bloggedy blog blog. Boring and stupid as it is, at least it has cute photos. Clickety here for the stupidness. (http://kiwi-kath.diaryland.com) Maybe I'll do one of those meme thingies, just for the heck of it.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Somebody found my journal by typing in Kath + smart in Google. heh heh.

SugP
01-16-2006, 03:01 PM
SHE BLOGS! WOOHOO!:cheer:

Schatzi
01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I love the pics of Jet and Rosie!!!! I think I was able to sign the book.. I have no clue what my url is... so who knows! :shrug:

Cowpernia
01-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Advice please:

Have been called about parttime job:

Pros:
Parttime and will allow me to get a 2nd parttime job and goto school
Work from home.
Set own hours except must make phone calls during business hours.

Cons:
Must get FAX machine.
Must add long distance service back on phone and get reimbused for those calls.
Must work as consultant and report own taxes. (how is this done).

Pay is not big and not small for this area. Hourly pay is small then add on for completed things you find for her.

Basically, it's finding jobs for people who have been injured. They dont' have to be placed in the jobs and they're not local. I would be finding employers in their area who have jobs and who would consider hiring them.

Feedback please. She expects me to call her.

Bagzz
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This sounds okay until something better comes along---you would be good at searching out things on the computer so that would be helpful=----as long as the employer is reliable,i would say try it for now!! that is my advice!!

Schatzi
01-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Feedback .. Do you know this employer? I'm a little leery of these work at home and make phone calls jobs... There's a fine line between being considered a "1099" "contractor v.s. being considered an employee - you might want to go out to the IRS website to see what the criterion is for qualifying as a "consultant".
I aint no expert and I would really urge you to check this person /firm out and talk with a CPA or attorney first. They can tell you what you can write off, What receipts you need to keep, how to pay taxes etc..

Good luck !!

Schatzi
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
BAGzzzzz U old Sea Hag...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

I've missed you :dizzy:

Schatzi
01-16-2006, 07:12 PM
PS.. I am just concerned that if this aint legit, you could get stuck with a huge phone bill and not get reimbursed for them or for the equipment she says you need.:hug:

Kiwonk
01-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds interesting, Peachie, as long as you know the firm to be reputable. Do you know anyone else doing work for them you could talk to? As far as the fax machine, you should be able to get one 2nd hand locally, or for cheap on ebay. I hope it's a legitimate thing; it sounds like a not-unpleasant way to make a few bucks.

DH is roasting a chicken tonight. I made twice baked potatoes. Poor DD, after smelling all the lovely cooking smells, realized she had to go to dance class tonight and won't be able to eat until after she gets home at 7:30. I'm sure her stomach is growling like crazy right now. Well, mine is too. It's not ready yet. Another 15 minutes or so.

:hungry:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
It's not a firm. It's one woman and she sounds reputable. :rolleyes: Was supposed to call her today and didn't so I be too late. Not that I'm about to call her tomorrow either.

Dinner... ohhhh. DS cooked. We had grilled pork chops seasoned with cumin, s&p and lemon juice, salad of spring greens, almond slivers and pieces of dates, and grilled banana sections wrapped with bacon. Was deeelishus.

Kiwonk
01-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Holy cow! Your DS cooks like that!?! Wow! You're not really going to let him go away next year are you?

I feel sick. What's wrong with me? I sort of feel like I'm developing a sore throat, but it's not sore yet. And my stomach hurts and I'm nauseous. Is it bird flu? I messed up and licked a dead blue jay yesterday, do you think that's it?

Eww, just writing that made me feel worse. Gross

I have to put my leetle puppy in a boarding kennel for 4 whole days in a couple of weeks. Poor leetle puppy. Actually she's a giant. I weighed her last night and she weighs 30 pounds. But she looks like she ought to weigh more. It's all the hair she has grown so that she can stand to sit down outside. Can you imagine the hair we'd need if we had to sit on the snow in our bare behinds?

Now I'm feeling nauseous again.

bye
Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Admitting the thought of growing hair on my butt makes me nauseous as well.

But wait....

Once I saw a play about a real person who was rich and old and a guy. Owned a department store I think. Anyhow, he's like old and sickly and puny and in the hospital and the heirs won't let his teeny-bopper mistress in to see him. But she sneaks in and he says, "I'm nauseous."

She says, "You're not nauseous. They're nauseous. You're nauseated because of them." Something like that. She was wearing little shorts and draped over the white sheets of his bed at the time. She probably got money from him and went to Brown .. or wherever Kiwi went. Hey! Maybe it was Kiwi!! Yeah, that's it.

Kiwonk
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
It's true that I say things like that, even though I bow to convention and say nauseous when I mean nauseated. However I didn't go to Brown, I went to Tufts, and while I can't speak for Brown graduates, Tufts graduates rarely don tiny shorts and sprawl over the sick beds of dying sugar daddies. We are much too moralistic and guilt ridden to actually sleep with someone for their money, or at least to admit it.

I still feel nauseous and now I also feel nauseated.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM
My class starts in one-and-a-half-hours. Everyone go with me!! Get up!! I'm worried about staying awake til it's over ... 5:30 - 9:30....

Tufts. Got it. Next time the story will involve Tufts.

Kiwonk
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
What kind of class lasts 4 hours? Is this yoga? I've never had a class that lasted 4 hours, I don't think. But I could come along and feed you chocolate when you start to get sleepy. :chockiss:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-18-2006, 12:28 AM
It was my teacher ed thing. I'm back in school. Didn't I say so? It was better than I expected. The worse part is that there's a Saturday class and they changed that date so I can't take DS to the college as planned. His reaction has not been, "We'll work it out Mom. We need to put your education first."

It's been more like he doesn't want to go any other time. Wants to go then. Will miss HIS classes so we can go the day before. I am not happy with this.

Schatzi
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
How exciting Cowie! hmmm... perhaps DS was in an off mood.. Give it a day and approach him again about it.. DS must make some compromises here.

Is he going to be a Chef :chef: That dinner he cooked sounds sooooo high cuisine and delishioso!

Kiwi: I messed up and licked a dead blue jay yesterday, do you think that's it?

:yikes: S'plain this Lucy! How could you lick a bird????? AAcK, I'm not sure I wanna know!

Must go batten down the hatches.. We are on severe weather alert til tomorrow --high winds/gusts etc... It's getting a might loud out there now--the wind is a whippin'!

Cowpernia
01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Let's face it. DS is a male. Males are selfish.

I feel overwhelmed. I need new blogs to read ... or new things to read on old blogs.

Bagzz
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
this college visit is a long ride away ??? can you get back in time for class??? i know what these children are like----they need what they need RIGHT now!!! or else they {YOU!!!!!} will suffer!!!!someone make up a new topic--i have no resomoootions that i intend to keep----

Cowpernia
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I am off to make a new topic.