Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! Wk 2, Jan 2,2006

Sheri~C
01-01-2006, 10:12 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 89 days (13 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.Ē Anonymous

Sheri~C
01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I am getting nervous about my weigh in on Tuesday, I know I have been on track and have not gone over my points but I have used a fair number on sugar and chip treats and they usually cause me some grief, oh well I guess it is the cost of the holidays...

Sonja: I am sure you will be one of the most fit recruits the force has ever seen! You are so strong and such great motivation!

dgpebbles: That sounds really good, even without cravings.

Malliorj: Welcome, another motivated goal getter! Letís go!

Lookin for lean: 25 is a reasonable goal, 40 would be a major challenge. I know we can handle 1-2 pounds per week. Keep posting!

Sweet_Pea: You are doing great with the water, and Ĺ ounce of chocolate here and there is o.k. I like to set aside a day for my favorite treat each week. One week it is popcorn with butter, the next week I will have chocolate, the next Yorkshire pudding. I have found this to work really well at keeping the cravings away, if I know I can have the chocolate next week I donít mind waiting.

Leigh: Are you getting enough food? Often we undereat and donít get the right mix of carbs, protein and veggies and donít forget the fat, we all need good fats to feel satiated and satisfied. What all do you eat in a day?

Amy: You are going to be a workout queen in no time and great job at the Outback all that grilled meat just has me salivating!

Im A Loser: That is great, we will do our best to help you reach your goal, post often and you will stay on track!

Tipsygypsy: Wonderful! 20 pounds is a great goal and reachable, I know if I put too much pressure on myself I get kinda itchy and want to do naughty things!

Im A Loser
01-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Thank-you Sheri for organizing this challenge :)

I'm excited to be a part of this challenge. People often say the last 25 or so pounds are the hardest to shed. I hope this isn't true although I know this time (I've lost before and gained it all back) I'm committed to doing this no matter how long it takes. I would love to be at my goal of 125 by the end of March but I think that's pushing myself too hard.

I have a wedding to go to on my ex-husbands side of the family. (strange situation) My nephew by my first marriage is getting married and I am invited. I'm so happy he invited me. I haven't seen "that side of the family" in about 8 years. The last time I saw most of them I was about 235 lbs. If I get to 130 by then I will strut my stuff and show my new self off :cheer: -- because I can !!

Seriously though..I'm losing weight for me and no one else. I can't believe how much better I feel already. It's incredible. Now if I could just have a tummy tuck, liposuction, boob job and a butt raise I'll be all set. LOL - just kidding. I'm beautiful the way I am and my hubby doesn't mind the new me either ::wink wink:::hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Work day meals
B- cereal with whole milk
L-ckicken sandwich with white bread
S- what ever i cook

Today meals
B- small bowl of grits with chease
one sauage patty
L- turkey Black eyes peas
corn on the cobb
S- turkey with bread one slice

Snack- ham (was down so I eat some)

I only eat one servien of each....I at one time did not eat but one meal a day but now I make sure I eat three meals a day....

Is there something more I need to do?
I dont have the money to do WW or some other plan so I have to do this on my own....Tell me what you think and let me know what more I need to do..

Thanks so much
Leigh

sweet_pea
01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
hey all. i'm having a wee wine and will soon pop out for a walk before it rains

leigh - have you added up the calories? you may not be eating enough. it doesn't look much from your account. try going to fitday.com and recording your daily intake. i would suggest adding snacks even if it is just a piece of vege to keep your metabolism stoked. what time of the day do you exercise?

teahoney
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I am glad to be starting this challenge. I really have been pigging out the last couple of days. It is funny how I try to convince myself that it is okay but now I am sitting her with a serious tummyache. It wasn't even worth it. The way I feel right now, come tomorrow, I will seriously be limiting my caloric intake. I have probably eaten more in the last couple of days calorie wise than I normally eat in a week. Or at least that's how I feel. But I won't let it keep me down. Usually this is when I would say, "I messed up. I'll never be able to do this so I'll just forget about it." Uh-uh, not doing it this time. Time to get back on track and hope the scale says something nice to me next week.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
yea i do i get about 1500 to 1700 a day I am a picky eater so its hard for me to add just anything I will have to try to find something to throw in there....

wednesdaymorning
01-01-2006, 11:25 PM
This challenge (my very first ;) ) has me very motivated. I love the feeling of being motivated like this. I've had about a year long plateau at the spot I am at now, and with a boost, I'm ready to achieve my ultimate goal. :) . This week I lost 3 pounds. Which is very impressive for me. I'm proud and I can't wait to be at my goal! 15 for April Fool's; 25 for July. I think I can do it. :carrot:

I've been exercising every day and eating my meals according to the DV% on the side of the containers. I've been staying within 50-75% instead of 100% and spacing out my meals nicely.

However, today my family requested I make my *famous* Fettucine Alfredo for dinner which is mostly fat. I used fat-free cream cheese, though. And that's a major step. I shall do well...

sweet_pea
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
lady - 1500-1700 calories should be ok if you do light exercise. maybe slightly more if you are doing vigorous exercise. have you been to your doc to check out any health conditions that could affect weight loss

rollmdl
01-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi All,
Restating my goals (I just signed on with this challenge last night):

My goal is to lose 28 lbs. by April 1st.

I'm planning on keeping my calorie count between 1400 and 2000. I use fitday.com to track my food. It's really helpful to know exactly where the calories are coming from and whether I am having a healthy, balanced diet or just 1500 worth of buttered popcorn.

I'm planning to start exercising on a regular basis-yoga, water aerobics and weight training. I'm also doing 8 minutes in the morning ABs. I really do look like I'm pregnant and I feel so much better when I exercise my tummy muscles.

So far today, I've had lots of water and I'm not finished eating so I won't list my calories. I haven't had any sweets today, though.

I've done 30 minutes of calesthenics.

I'm really excited about having a concrete goal.

Thanks for setting this up, Sheri.

Roll :coffee2:

Arizona Girl
01-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi all! Wonderful start to the new year: the thread sure is hoppin!

Leigh, I was wondering if you might try changing the type of exercise you do. If you walk, try aerobics (or vice versa), ect... Also, I don't know if you like milk or not, but you may want to add a daily glass of milk as well as increasing your water intake. Hope this helps... I was stuck on a plateau a few years ago and these "tricks" helped me. Unfortunately, I gained a large amount of my weight back so I get to do all these fun tricks again! ha!

See ya lighter,
I'm off to drink mo' water!
... Nona :)

freckles-n-frills
01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
I would love to join this challenge! :strong: I am new to 3fatchicks and started my journey to a healthier me last week. A visit to my doctor revealed that I was at my highest weight ever. :yikes: I am taking the no sugar/no white flour approach, as these are the thing I crave the most. Have had a few days of killer headaches :headache: but I am feeling much better now.
Good luck to all!

Jeana:flow2:

chaarli
01-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Well after starting this year off well.
I had a trip away today and no control over what I could eat.
I'm actually looking forward to going back to work next week and getting back into the normal routine.
It's Summer here and really hot so I need to change around my exercise routine to make sure that I get it done before the day gets too hot.

rollmdl
01-02-2006, 03:10 AM
I ended up with a count of 1350 a little less than my lower limit but I checked my vitamin intake and general nutritional goals and I came out
okay so I think I'd better turn in before my "special thinking" kicks in and I'm raiding the refridgerator.

Thanks,

Roll

:rain:

Blondee51
01-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Good morning all!:D
I'm hoppin' on the train too! Thanks sweetpea for the link and simplifying my life a tad.
My APRIL FOOL'S Goal will be to reach 210: That's a loss of 28 pounds. I piddled around in 2005, with the same 5-7 pounds and I am done with that.

Since we will be doing a weekly thread...I will post weekly goals......Thanks Sheri for the start up!..and to all of you here who will be the light for the way and a "support system" for one another! What a great group! I'm hanging out over at the Christian Encouragers too and I can say the same for them. Wonderful folks here at 3FC!! Woohoo!

My Goals for Jan 2-7:
Weight: shed 3 pounds=235
Food: NO PM binges
~~~~NO sugar
Exercise: 4 days this week on purpose:for 15 minutes or more
cardio glide/dance/video /walking/weights

Tracey! You are an inspiration! Eating out and choosing well is a victory!! Roll! we have the same goal! Twenty-eight pounds down!
Let's boogy ya'll! I'll go back and "meet" some more of you along the way.....I am glad to be here and blessed to be a part of this challenge!
Bren:carrot:

Darby1
01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Good morning Ladies,
Today is my first official day of my new lifestyle! My goal is to lose 20 lbs by April 1st. I need to keep my goal low, or I will put too much pressure on myself and give up. I also have goals for each month. Janurary's goal:

1. work out 3x weekly (today my husband and I are going hiking.)
2. drink 32 oz. water daily. (getting water in is difficult for me, so I'm starting out slow.)
3. take vitamins every day.
4. cut out soda for the month of Janurary. (I will allow myself one soda weekly starting in February if I want it. I just want to see if I can cut it out for a while.)
5. post here every day.
6. post my calories on fitday.

I think that's it.

Have a great, healthy day!

Darby

lateralus98
01-02-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm just about to get ready to go workout at Curves! :D

I, too, need to start drinking more water. I'll start at 32 oz. Then work my way up.

Darby, it's great to see you on the boards!

Im A Loser
01-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Good morning

How is everyone doing so far? I'm pumped today. I've been up since 6 am and already been to the gym for my 90 min work out. :strong: :ebike: I can see myself crashing in my nice comfy bed in a couple of hours.

Do any of you eat protein bars? I used to buy Zone Perfect and thought they were okay until I discovered Hershey's Chocolate Brownie and Hershey's Peanut Butter Bars. Oh my goodness...they are heavenly. I suggest them if you're looking for a good source of protein with a little sinful chocolate :)

Good luck with your own personal goals everyone. I know we can do this. :grouphug:

MorticiaAddams
01-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Getting ready to head up to the gym with the husband to get in a good sweating workout :ebike: . Wish this toothache was non existant. :^:
But still going to get moving today. ;)

Trixi
01-02-2006, 10:52 AM
hope Eveyone survived the holidays, I got through just barely and I am ready to realy start focusing on me now. My Resolutions are as follows

1. Drink more water
2. Eliminate alcohal (huge issue for me)
3. Good carbs only
4. Spend more family time and less overtime at work
5. Get to goal wieght by April 1st and learn how to maintain
6. Curves three to five days a week and WATP dvd's at lease twice a week

I know it's alot but I have one it before and I know I can do it again.

MAlex
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I binged on cookies yesterday,yuck! I managed somehow to stay within my points but, boy did I have a major food hangover! :dizzy: The good news is that I got in all my fruits,veggies,water,healthy oils,and exercise. I'm moving on to a better today.

Jeana-my ultimate goal is to kick the sugar/processed white crap habit. Are you weaning off or did you go "cold turkey"? After the cookie ordeal yesterday,I'm thinking it best to avoid it all together.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I do love milk. I only did not add it because there none in the house at the monent. I do walk or try to everday I also to a workout at night buns of steal.
I drink about 5 glasses of water a day I have stoped drinking sweet tea. I do not have any health problems. The only time I have spent in the hospistal is to have my kids. I have never really had nothing more that a cold in my life. One of my reasons for this weight loss is my dad. He has alot of problems weight is one of them. He not doing good at all. :( :( :( I want to be around for my grandkids if you know what I mean..I will have to make this quick there a storm outside...Sorry for the typos and misspelling...

Leigh

Vonne78
01-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Somehow I lost a whole post - so if this gets posted twice - Sorry.
Anywho, I'm finally done with all the holiday mess and can really focus on my challenge now.
My goals for this week are:
64 oz. of water everyday
Min. 45 minutes of excersise for at least 5 days
And I may NOT skip any meal for any reason (I've been skipping breakfast and lunch for the past week or so and it's got to be horrible for my metabolism)
Good Luck to you ladies on reaching your own goals & Happy New Year!

tipsygypsy
01-02-2006, 11:53 AM
MAlex, I'm kicking the white stuff too. (Heh, that sounds like I hate snow or something!) I had to just go cold-turkey, because the cravings are tooooooo much if I have just a little bit.

I have been doing pretty well, particularly on my eating choices (yay for veggies!). I haven't exercised yet today--I have lupus and am having a bit of a flare, so LORDY I don't want to get up and move. I know I'll hurt worse, but I also know I'll be better for it in the long run as long as I'm careful. Such is the balance I must achieve--poor, poor me! LOL

dawn7672
01-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi trixi, you workout plans are identical to mine, exept weight wise, I hope to be where you are. For the April challenge, I posted a WL goal of 50lbs. I don't expect to hit it, but it's my challenge to myself that is the motivator. I have 94.5 lbs to lose along with 94 inches, which is more important to me. I also decided to go back to doing the ww points so I don't have to worry about counting. I look forward to my weigh in on the 9th of this month at curves, but I will weight myself every monday thereafter and post it here.

My day today is going pretty good so far. I have to post my meal on fitday now. I check back in later.

Have a good day!

rollmdl
01-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I slept through my water aerobics class. That's okay because I needed the rest and I usually make poor food choices when I'm tired.
I plan on going to the gym for weight training, instead.
I REALLY don't feel like going.....I haven't worked out at the gym in a while.

Well, I'm charging up my ipod and going in an hour.
I've committed to doing this and I know I'll feel better afterwards.

Thanks for the support.

Roll

MorticiaAddams
01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Just got back from the gym.. :o
First I should have realized it was going to be bad when I went to put my shirt on but I was in a rush and it didnt really hit me until I took off my hoodie at the gym. My shirt smelled like my husbands underwear after he works out :eek: Yeah I dont know maybe it was left in the washer to long before it got dried but I was there nothing I could do but workout, I kept smelling it and it just got worse and worse.. Ugggh :fr:
I just kept hoping no one else around me could smell it. Then about into my third cardio machine my tooth starts to act up.. :(
But I continued on. I did 4 miles cardio and then called it quits to take some advil. I go tommorow to the dentist. Kind of scared what hes going to tell me it really is. But yes I was hurting and had a smelly shirt on and I still went and did my thing. Im pretty proud of myself on that part.
Hope everyone is doing good and having a great day. ;)

Rivergal60
01-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey All,
I'm Rivergal and would like to join you in this April challenge. A little about me, I'm 45 and have a wonderful hubby that's really supportive and one son. I finally got the nerve to step on the scale this morning. I gained 5 lbs of the 10 I had lost before the Holidays. Could have been worse the way I've been eating of the goodies and food and not get in the exercise. but now it's time to get back with it. So I'd love to check in here with you and reach toward the April Goal. My goal is 25 lbs gone by April 1st.
Looking forward to spending time here.
Hey Unicornlady, Remember me, another southern girl, good to see you here too.
Have a great day,
Rivergal

Sheri~C
01-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Welcome to our new members!

Today I went and bought a pedometer with a heart rate monitor on it so I can get some idea of my heartrate while working out. I am getting ready to do my WATP video and have my new stretch band for the strength part of it.

For anyone who really wants some good reading on fitness, I recommend Covert Bailey's New Fit or Fat and Ann Louise Gittlemans Eat Fat, Lose Weight. Especially for those of us who have more than 50 pounds to lose, these books have a lot of good information in them. I got them from the library first and now own them so I can reread them often.

I really think that the more we know about how our bodies work the easier it is to give it the right fuel.

Have a great day everyone!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM
ok I just came back from shopping...got myself some apples and carrots for snacks so I am on the job so far with supper that I already know what I am going to eat I will have 1538 cals I will get a snack before I go to bed to add to it so it will come up somemore....No walk today :( to much rain...but I will do a workout tonight...

ty sweet_pea I tryed the site you gave me and I like it post it again maybe more can use it

Leigh

~klutzmeyer1983~
01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Okay. . .okay. . .I'm going to exercise today. I wasn't planning on it--- got some bad news this morning and I didn't want to do anything but watch the Badger game wrapped in the new fluffy comforter I got for Christmas. :( I decided to open my laptop, and ventured here again ---good thing, too! I never expected a message board to be this motivating. It is really great to see how many people are getting in on this challenge. Looking at all the high goals, matched with high enthusiasm is refreshing. I am a bit embarrassed by my meager 12 pound goal--- but that is okay. Maybe I'll surprise myself, and get there earlier than I thought. Could be just what I need to set a bigger goal for June. One of my best friends is getting married, and I need to look good in a dress. Not even a bridesmaid's one--- I'm going to look BETTER than the bridesmaids (which wont be too hard considering I saw the puffy green frock my friend picked out--- blech! Thank goodness she has a lot of sisters). Last July the seamstress had to cut a TON of fabric off a bridesmaid dress I wore. It was incredibly gratifying. Maybe I'll go dress hunting now, and see if I can get this new one chopped to pieces! At last summer's wedding I met my wonderful boyfriend. Maybe I can get lucky this summer, too!

I'm going to throw some laundry in the dryer (accomplishment #1) and put my tush ON the bike WHILE I watch the Badger game (accomplishment #2). I think that sounds pretty good for what began as a cruddy day. Thank you for the help thus far, and I'll check in again soon.

:goodluck:

Sheri~C
01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Whoo Hoo! I did it, 25 minutes of my WATP tape! I feel so good I can't wait to do some more!

I am sitting here adding items to my pantry at Nutrition Data and was wondering if anyone else uses this great site? I love it the pantry feature is a great resource and they have pretty much everything you could want there in weight loss info and calorie facts. I love it because I am working on making sure I am getting all the fiber I need and I can check all my foods here. I haven't even looked at half of the site yet there is so much here. I can't post the link but you can find it with the name "Nutrition Data"

Maybe tracking our fiber intake would be a good mini goal for later in the month?

It sounds like everyone is doing great and very motivated right now, that is excellent!

klutzmeyer1983: 12 pounds is not too low a goal, it is important not to set your goals out of reach and remember you can always re-evaluate your goal if you feel you need to increase or decrease it. The important thing is to make sure we can reach our goals and be successful!

Leigh: Good for you, we could all use more fruits and veggies in our diets, I am really loving cherry and grape tomatos right now and pears too they have 5 grams of fiber in them and they are so good right now.

jenn_mullett
01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone:)

I am in desprate need of some motivational team work:) This sounds like a great challenge! I am currently 186lbs, and I really need to loose 40lbs. I am a 20 year old nursing student from Canada. I find sice I have been in school for the past 2 and 1/2 years I have packed on about 25lbs. This time I am going to succed in taking it off. I do not think it is realistic to think I will have 40lbs gone by April 1st, but I do believe 20lbs is sensible by that time. Right now my mini goal is 180lbs by Jan 20th, 166lbs by April 1st, and 146lbs by August.

I have one other question where and how dod u put thise weight tracker things on the bottem of the screen?

Jenn

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Just click on one of ours and you just put in your info and go from there

** Stacye **
01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Made it over from the old thread and only have time for a quick post right now ... be back later to do some more reading!

You girls are very inspiring! :D

candoitby06
01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Holy Cow! I went out of town for 3 days and I missed a whole ton! I feel completely "out of the loop". lol. Tons of people have since joined which is AWESOME!!!

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve!! I hope that everyone has started out the new year well! I completely blew my diet this weekend :(. I havent eaten so much food in a month! I have gained a couple of pounds back which was devastating for me. Back on the band wagon tomorrow and my goal for the week is to exercise every day with no excuses!!!! THANK GOD THE HOLIDAYS ARE DONE! *does the happy dance*

Talk to you all later!!!
Ciao Chicas!

lateralus98
01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Today I did some resistance tube exercises, a few crunches (Hey, still working on abdominal strength!) and I went to workout at Curves. My calories are at about 1200 today. So I am doin good thus far.

I weigh in on 1/8/06 and I hope to see my ticker drop another pound! *crosses fingers*

Smilla
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM

reshiegirl
01-02-2006, 06:36 PM
OK ladies, tomorrow is day 1 for me! I will weigh in on Thursdays, so this Thursday will only be a few days, but hopefully I will see a difference soon!

I went food shopping today for lots of fruits and veggies. I also got yogurt and some lean cuisine meals that were on sale for 99 cents! :) I am ready to go and looking forward to losing!

Can anyone share what they find to be the best way to view the threads? I am finding it difficult because the format is different from the forums I am used to. I love the support here but I am afraid that it is a bit overwhelming to try and figure it all out! :)

Good luck everyone, I hope to get to know all of you better and to cheer you all on each step of the way! :)

Hugs!

rollmdl
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
It took me hours to get out the door but I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of weights. I really love working out to music. It feels really indulgent.

I'm undecorating (is that a word?) today. It's a big job and I won't feel like
the Holiday Pressure is off till it's all put away.

You all are such an inspiration.

I'm about to eat lunch--avocado chicken sandwich on flaxseed bread with carrots.

I'm doing great so far.

Thanks

yukimfat
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I was reading this thread and really looked at some of the trackers of several of the posters and just wanted to say great job on the progress many of you have made so far. It really helps to motivate a newcomer like me.

I am going to weigh in on Sundays. Good luck to everyone. :)

jenn_mullett
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I ate under my points today and went for a walk with my mom:) I dread the night time so much because all I want to do it eat....it is more of a habbit then anything else, and it really sucks! I am trying to keep motivated, in 78 days this will be worth it:) I just got to stay positive.

This has nothing to do with dieting, but my mom gave me a book for christmas titled the simple abundance, and she claims it is a very inspiring book...i was wondering if anyone has read/heard of it?

Anyways good luck!

Jenn

Sheri~C
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
jenn_mullett: Glad you have joined us. You sound like you are ready to get started and have a sensible goal we will all be here to cheer you on!:carrot:

candoitby06: I am glad your little slip hasn't upset you too much. It is great you can put it behind you and get back on track! That is the best thing to do!:cheer:

lateralus98: This thread has a lot of devoted excercisers :ebike: good job!

Smilla: If you do get discouraged, come and talk to us about it, it is why we are all here! You are doing great with your excercise too!

reshiegirl: You are off to a great start! All your food in place and ready to go. Don't worry about asking for help if you have questions, it can be a bit strange at first but you will soon be in the thick of things here with us!

rollmdl: Sounds like a great lunch, I love avacados with chicken or anything actually!

Jenn: I was a big nighttime snacker too and it can be tough to break that habit. I started buying cases of Dentyne Fire gum to chew and keep me from eating other things and after 2 boxes I am now down to about 2 packages a week. It did take awhile but now I can manage with a banana or a pear instead of the pretzels and other salty foods I was eating. I do still have popcorn:corn: one night a week though, it is my little indulgence!

Miaka
01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
By April Fool's I would like to lose the last 20 pounds and reach my goal! I know it will be harder, but I am determined I will sticke to it now matter what! I am planning an vacation in April and I wanted a fab body to go!

Im A Loser
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Miaka ~ How tall are you?

violethaze
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I would love to join this challenge! One of my biggest troubles is staying motivated and I need to be held accountable so I think this will help.
My April Fool's Goals are:
1. Work out 5X a week (At any time during the day, for at least 20-30mins)
2. Lower my intake of bad foods like sugar, white foods, processed food and stuff with high sodium. So basically, more veggies and fruit, whole grains, less fast food. If I do have to have bad foods, a little limited portion will suffice only, not the whole thing!
3. Drink a liter of water or more.
4. Take my daily vitamins.
5. Cut down on coffee and soda, drink more tea.
6. Keep myself accountable-on here, fitday and my journal.

I'm hoping all this will lead me to my april fools goal of at least 10-15lbs. I don't want to set it too high so that I won't feel pressured or willing to give up.

dawn7672
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone, just logged in my days meal on fitday and I think I did ok. 1385cal. 49g fat 14.5fiber and 93g protein. I was aiming for 1500-1700cal. for the day but didn't make it. I ate dinner at 6:00p.m so I'm still full and have 20 more ounces of water to drink. No exercise today, spent most of my day car pooling and decided to go food shopping to prepare for the week. I'll check in tomorrow.

AnVy1221
01-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Hello friends. I did ok today. Before the holidays I was staying away from white flour and sugar and processed foods. During the holidays, that all went right out the window. Now I am paying for it. Today was really my first day avoiding those processed foods and my head is KILLING me. I know it is going to get worse before it gets better and I have to go cold turkey in order to get rid of the cravings and withdrawal symptoms - but man does it suck.

I did exercise today. I did 45 min on the elliptical trainer (7.9 miles) and 20 min of ab work. I got a heartrate monitor for my anniversary (21st of Dec) and I am sooo loving it. It makes me push myself harder when working out and lets me know exactly how I am doing. I also like that it figures out my calorie expenditure based on my heartrate and my weight - way more accurate than the elliptical machine's estimated calories burned!

I'm not weighing in until Sunday as I am having my TOM right now and I always retain gallons of water. I did have DH take my monthly measurements (I do it the first Sun of the month) and although I gained a bit of weight from the holidays, I lost inches (1 in the chest, 1/2 off each thigh, 1/2 off each calf and 1/4 off my forearm) so I am still happy.

Sheri: How do you like your pedometer with the heartrate monitor? Oh, and good luck at your weigh in tomorrow. You rock!!

chaarli
01-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Boy can you guys post lots.
I read this post this morning and came back and there's 3 more pages.
My goals are:
1. Plan and journal my points
2. Drink 2 litres of water per day
3.Exercise 5 times a week for at least 40 minutes.
4.Cut down on processed carbs and try not to eat after 7.30 pm

I know I can do this and the motivation I get here will really help me.

rollmdl
01-03-2006, 03:28 AM
I'm ending my day at 1450 cal.-Not a balanced diet- not enough fruits and vegetables-- I didn't have enough water (40 oz.) but I did get in plenty of exercise.
It's hard to hit all the bases at first.
I have to be careful not to be too perfectionistic about this
lifestyle change or I'll rebel.

I didn't do it perfectly and I'm proud of myself for getting to the gym and refraining from eating junk food.

Onward and Upward.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

sweet_pea
01-03-2006, 03:52 AM
hey all
not such a good day today. i was tired, and my eating and exercise were off plan. also spent a lot of time lounging in bed. hoping for a better day tmrw

TinaM
01-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Okay I went through some preparation for the week:
I am planning to try to stick to a 1500 calerie day. I figure that if I stay at about 300-400 caleries per meal and 100 caleries per snack I have some room.
I made some tobuli, and set up some snacks of 13 almonds and two hershey kisses. I think that that is about 120 caleries. I am trying to cut the bad carbs but I know that if I take out chocolate all together I am setting myself up to fail. I allowed myself 12 corn chips and some olive and garbonzo bean spread that I made up.
I need to know what to do aobut the coffee that I drink every day! I need my coffee! But it is very controvercial. I am making it a point to eat a breakfast! One yogurt, and one package of low sugar oatmeal. that is less than 300 caleries. Oh and I just found out that if I use on whole egg and one egg white I can make a fairly good size omalette.
Give me some feedback on the coffee please! Tinalovesbruce@yahoo.com

BIGGIRL27
01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi All, I'm jumping on the bandwagon after a temporary fall! I lost about 31 lbs initially and think I gained about 12 - 14 back (gasp) - haven't really gotten back on the scale yet... And to make matters worse, I am giving up smoking at the same time, but I am so fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle that I feel it's got to be done!

Anyway, my April goals are:

1. To lose 30 lbs
2. To exercise at least 30 mins/day
3. To not smoke!!!
4. To stick to a healthy diet.

I'll keep you posted and I look forward to reading all about your progress!

xxooxx Tammara

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
I am back at work today and will start walkin 4 times around the building...:dizzy: I am adding snacks to my diet I have a apple and a snack bar...I will be eating a big lunch today leftovers from last night ribs bakebeans and a little mac and cheese...as for supper thats still up in the air.

I have already had 2 glasses of water today and I am ready to:carrot: rock-n-roll :carrot: on this thing :carrot:

I want to thank you all and wish you all the best of luck!!!!!!! We can and will do this......:D

Leigh

tipsygypsy
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
I think I'm going to see just how much exercise I can get today. It's really fun once I get into it (especially the bellydance DVDs), so why do I insist on looking at it as a chore?

Oh, and today marks my "official" re-starting of the South Beach Diet! :D

Jailene
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
okay tuesday back to the bump and grind. worked out all weekend, am pretty pleased with the first two pounds gone, but didnt weight again, wont weigh until saturday or sunday. yoga tonight.

Darby1
01-03-2006, 09:19 AM
It's wonderful to see so much activity on this thread! Thanks, Sheri for starting this. I think this challenge will help us all!

Yesterday was good. I stayed under 1800 calories. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good site to find out how many calories I should be eating for weight loss? I'm guessing at 1800, but maybe I should eat less.

Anyway, it was difficult, especially in the afternoon. I've been so used to putting any food in my mouth whenever I wanted to, so trying to discipline myself was rough. I went back to drinking hot tea to fool myself into thinking I was full. It helped with my water intake as well.

I did go hiking for about 50 minutes. It wasn't a hike so much as a walk, but it was a trail, and there were tiny hills, and it just makes me feel like I accomplished something by calling it a hike. I want to do a Firm dvd today, but my foot is hurting pretty badly. I think I have a heel spur and I need to call the doctor. Maybe I will take a walk instead.

It looks like almost everyone is back on track; good for you! For those of you who aren't quite there; today is a new day and you can do it!!

Have a great day ladies,

Darby

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-03-2006, 09:37 AM
you want to try www.fitday.com thats a good site..

sunshine06
01-03-2006, 10:20 AM
This sounds like exactly what I need to stay motivated to finally get off the last 20lbs. I lost 35 lbs on WW 2 years ago and the scale has been sitting still ever since. (Can't say that I was totally motivated all of the time):^:
Yes, thanks to Sheri for getting us started.
My plan is

1. work out at home with Tae-Bo Boot Camp videos, (love them) 5/wk
2. DRINK WATER
3. getting more fiber

I am sure I will add more as we go along.
But I am taking a cruise in April with girlfriends and I want to get on that two piece.
So, lets go girls, I am sure that we can do it!:D

Teri

Beltyr99
01-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I'd like to join in for the April Fool's goal. What do we do? Just post a message every week or is there something else?

1) My goals are to work out 5 / week
2) Drink 64 ounces of water a day
3) Strength training 3 / week
4) Make better choices with food

teahoney
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Today, I am so back on track. The past week has not been good. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday and my eating has been atrocious. When I got on the scale this morning it showed that I gained 5 pounds. I'm hoping that is mostly water retention but I am still disappointed in myself because now I have to go back and re-lose that five pounds so I basically just added five pounds to my April Fools challenge to still arrive at the same number.

Well, like I said, I'm back on track. I love this activity that this challenge is getting. I know we all can do this.

icmethinner
01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm down 3 pounds to 182! On my way!!!

Vonne78
01-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I thought I posted earlier but, I didn't see it listed so here's the progress report :
I drank 66oz of water yesterday,I did eat something small every 3 hours, but I only worked out for 30 minutes.
So not a terrible start to this week but, today will be better.
This morning I tried that Special K cereal in vanilla almond..it was really good.So if you're looking for a way to fit in more whole grain it's a good way to do it (only 110 cal. a serving)
Good Luck today ladies.

Penny Loewen
01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I think I am up for the challenge...
A reachable goal for me I think would be 20 pounds by April 1...
I am diabetic so I don't do sugar, my downfall is portion size, so I just got off the phone with NutriSystem, I am going to do that for a couple of months to TRAIN myself what a real portion size is.

I also started walking on the treadmill yesterday, had my husband bring it up from downstairs so it would be in my way, (grin)... My goal for that this first month is to do 30 minutes a day on it, and then increase that by an hour next month... Small steps for big feet!!!

(Tip on using treadmill) never close your eyes while walking on one, because you will THINK you are walking at the same pace and all of the sudden it will throw you to the ground and stomp you... Take if from someone who found out the hard way just yesterday. Sprang my ankle, and laughed my butt completely off, so I no longer have to worry about that area of my body... (grin)...

My husband bought me a new Pomeranian puppy for Christmas, the puppy jumped on the treadmill with me and walked the whole time... I am splitting it up, 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon, she jumped on and helped me do my exercise both times, how cool is that?

Trixi
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies.

Today was my weigh in day at Curves and I am down a pound from when I started the challenge, love it when that ticker moves.

Done really good so far this morning, omlet for breakfast and a chicken greek salad for lunch. I could only eat half of it. I think I am finally shrinking my appetite, thank the lord. For dinner I am going to have the other half and if it remains nice out I will go for a walk with my daughter and doggie. Hope you are all having a great day and staying motivated.

Dale

val40
01-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Happy New Year!!!

Well, today is offically my first day of improving my way of life. This time my husband and I are making changes together. We were going to join WW together last night however something came up and we were unable to go the the first meeting. I having participated in WW so many times in the past that I have enough slider cards to supply my whole neighborhood. :o We decided for the first week we would see how we do on our own with the WW concept. We'll take it day by day for the first week and if we feel like we are struggling we will begin the meetings next monday.

I am really proud of myself today!! Toot Toot. This morning we ran the kids to school and then went up to walmart to get some things for supper. By this time it was 10:00-10:30. I had not eaten breakfast yet ( I normally eat around 6:00 a.m. because I have to be to work by 7:00). Anyhow, I was starving walking around walmart. I know, bad idea to go shopping when your dying of hunger. I was still able to keep my senses about me and only bought health choices. The best part was that we were so hungry that we were talking about going to IHOP for breakfast. My husband felt we could choose something that would not be too bad. But....knowing how I am (I'm a MAD woman when I'm starving) I told him to just go home and we would eat there. I was really proud of myself. I figure if I cant even make it through the first morning I'm doomed. I kept telling myself that I am the one that controls what I put in my mouth. No one else. If I am going to do this I need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. :devil: After we got home we both ate a healthy meal ( I had Kashi oatmeal, orange juice and skim milk). The funny thing is....once I ate I felt satisfied...wow, surprise, surprise. I know I also felt a lot better than I would have if I had eaten that disgustingly stuffing meal at IHOP. I feel great for what I ate and for the choices I made.

I know I can do this! Slow and steady wins the race. :carrot:

Stay strong all. Together we can all be healthy and happy for 2006!!!

Val

MorticiaAddams
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
My husband bought me a new Pomeranian puppy for Christmas, the puppy jumped on the treadmill with me and walked the whole time... I am splitting it up, 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon, she jumped on and helped me do my exercise both times, how cool is that? That is just to cute !!!!!! http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/cheerful_h4h.gif

P.S. Sorry about the treadmill :tread: http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/console(1).gif

candoitby06
01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Val, that is tremendous effort on your part! KUDOS TO YOU!!! *cheers and claps*. Once you get through the first couple of weeks it will feel as though it were second nature to you! Hard to beleive but take it from me, it really does! You have taken a step in the right direction by choosing a healthy breakfast choice....I applaude your strength!

So, my "boyfriend" Billy Blanks and I had it out this morning. UGH! Hes the most exhusting man I have ever met in my life. I dont know if anyone else uses him.....but, is it just me that he always says "just one more set" and that really means like 3 more sets? I guess I will get used to him eventually but its taking a long time here!

I'm back on track and back in diet mode. Its really amazing how much better you feel when your eating healthy and less more often. I never thought I would hear myself saying that....your talking to someone that practically ate out every meal!

Well chicas...time for me to take a little nap so that I can stay awake at work tonight. The baby is finally sleeping, now its my turn!

Toodaloo!

sunshine06
01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Morgan, I am working with Billy every morning as well. I have the boot camp series, and really like it. I have seen results in just a couple of days!!
Teri

ooelsworth
01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that 1-I am so proud of all you guys, even the ones who "backslid" because you are both aware of it and able to admit to it. Very impressive. 2-I will be weighing in on Sundays, since that gives me plenty of time to record it here and catch up. I'm at work now so I can't post too often here.;) Here are my highlights-did WATP for abs 2 mile on sunday & ate pretty well. Yesterday the lady I work with in the office took me and my girls out to Takamatsu (sp?) and it was so good, pretty bad though. It's a Japanese Restaurant where they cook the food in front of you and so that was cool even though I could see all the fat, butter & other stuff they add that's bad, plus I ordered Filet Mignon and Chicken.:o HOWEVER, I did the WATP for abs 2 mile again (with my girls) and after dinner I did yoga with my 9 y/o. Plus I planned for the big bad dinner by eating REALLY light the rest of the day, so I consider it a success. Especially when you consider that before I would have eaten regularly and not worked out. Make sense?

PS-I was very amused/surprised by my 5 y/o, because she doesn't ever seem to like Chinese food when we go, but she loved the Japanese food. Plus, she ate everything WITH CHOPSTICKS. They gave her ones with "training wheels" and she was set. I could not believe it. I think she just liked all the fire, she kept asking for it. Scary I know!

rollmdl
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Just got back from the gym.

I was late for my water aerbics class so I finished the first class and stayed for the one following it. 1 hr. 45 minutes of water aerobics. I think I can cross exercise off my list.
icmethinner---congratulations on your loss (something about that phrase...)
candoitby06--Billy sounds like a big liar. :) :0
Val, thanks for the success story. It sounds so familiar. When I get hungry, and I'm in a grocery store, I don't usually walk out with anything that requires preparation---the stuff from the outer aisles. Passing up IHOP----good for you.
I am so encouraged, hearing so much that is familiar and how we are overcoming unhealthy habits and temptations.

I measured my waist day before yesterday.....what a shock! I have the goal of losing 12" by July 17, 2006. That works out to about 1 3/4 " a month. I know that belly fat can be dangerous, and frankly, it really gets in the way.

I had brussels sprouts and melted cheese for breakfast. Kind of a bizarre
breakfast, but satisfying. I'm making up for a lack of vegetables yesterday.

Keep up the good work, everyone.
I know we can do this!

Roll

teahoney
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Penny - I am picturing the puppy on the treadmil with you and that is just too cute for words.

Morgan - Billy's your boyfriend too?? That %$#^&. J/K He drives me crazy when he says just one more set and then he does like three more. His problem is that he gets to talking and loses count. It's easy for him to say "just one more", he's just walking around torturing the other people. lol

candoitby06
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Tracey, I am soooooo glad to hear that its not just me.....I'll be doing whatever with those damn bands counting out my last 8 and he'll be like 2 more sets! Its about that time that I say a few choice profanities, tell him to go $#%$% himself and jog in place while my arms regain the blood flow to them. hehe. I'm a little bitter, give me a couple more weeks and I am sure I will like him more.

Glad I am not alone.
Ciao Chicas

Sheri~C
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I cannot believe this, I added up everyone who has joined in and we now have 81 people on this thread! This is just amazing and motivating! I am so looking forward to totaling our combined weight loss at the end of the month.

Welcome new people, I am having trouble keeping up with all this activity too! LOL.

I weighed in today and had a loss of 4/10ths of a pound. Can't even get the tracker to show that! :( It's o.k though I know what happened. I cannot eat refined sugar even when I stay within my points it does this to me. I will be back in the whole numbers next week, but darn I wanted to post a loss on my tracker this week:crazy:

The good new today is that I did go for a 12 minute walk before my weigh in and that felt great. I do love the way I feel after I do something that is good for me. I went to check out curves after WW and it looks good, I think I will probably join next week. I would also like to get an eliptical machine for home but I don't have room for one right now.

I will keep going with the WATP tapes and I am going to do a walk around the block every morning from now on as well. This afternoon I have a date with Richard Simmons so I won't stay here long.

Everyone is doing so great, and I can feel the power everytime I come in here.

Stay Strong
Sheri

wednesdaymorning
01-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I decided to work arm exercises into my workout. Started it last night. 15 lb weights. I do three different exercises with them. I can feel the change already. I know it's too soon, but humour me, eh? I'm so excited about this. I weight in on Friday. :)

Penny Loewen
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
P.S. Sorry about the treadmill

OMG! Mortica, you captured with your icon JUST WHAT HAPPEND, heheheeeee

dsho71
01-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I am definitely in this challenge! I am shooting for 25 pounds by April 1st. I am going to get my kids involved in getting me more active. Since I do nothing but sit at work I am going to have to get out or dance around the house in the evenings. I can't wait for warmer weather so that I can get out on my bike and do more outside.

Thanks for the challenge. This is such a motivater for me!:D

Im A Loser
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I weighed myself today instead of yesterday because I wanted a 1 year weigh in. I started this journey a year ago with a lot of apprehension. I had failed so so many times before. Something was/is different this time. It's not a diet. I don't feel like I have to work at this. It just comes naturally. The cravings have disappeared and If I do get a craving I satisfy it properly instead of stuffing my face with junk.

I have lost 1 lbs towards my April Fools Goal (I guess my ticker won't update until I have lost 2 :( boo hoo).

Overall I have lost 100 lbs exactly since starting Jan 2005. I couldn't be more proud of myself for finally succeeding.

I know you've all heard it before but I'm going to say it again. If I can do it...so can you! :)

Rivergal60
01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Loser: that is so wonderful. Congrats to you!!!
Can't talk right now, in the middle of cooking supper.
I'll be back later tonight after hubby heads to work and catch up.
Eating has been ok today but no exercise. I haven't felt too good the
last couple of days. Sick headache, this has got to go!!!
I did buy the WATP Express, 1 and 2 miles. I've never had any of those
dvds but I see lots of people on here that do them so I'm looking forward to
trying it. Gotta go, be back later.

Sheri~C
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Miaka: Welcome! You are well on your way to losing that 20 pounds!

Icmethinner: Way to go 3 pounds is a lot, that is such a great start to this challenge, stay strong!

Trixi: That is awesome 1 pound is perfect for the 1st week, and your eating and activities are all coming together for you too, way to go!

Violethaze: Welcome! 10-15 pounds is a great goal. Success builds on success so setting goals we can achieve is important. It sounds like you have a serious plan in place and are ready to get it going!

Amy: I love the pedometer, I am going for 10,000 steps per day and have almost made it for today! I like the heartrate monitor so I can keep track of where I am when I do my tapes. Losing inches is just as good as losing pounds. I measured everything and put it in my brand new food and exercise diary and I canít wait until I measure again and see what happens.

Chaarli: You bet you can do this and will continue to do it with the rest of us! I can see you know exactly what you need to do to be successful!

Rollmdl: Non of us are perfect and we all need to remember that we donít need to be. Making a change in 1 habit takes time, some of us are changing several habits at once. You are doing great getting in your exercise, and try adding a little spinach to your day, Ĺ cup cooked has 7 grams of fiber a great way to get in the 25-30 grams a day we need.

Sweet_pea: We all have a bad day once in awhile. You have been doing such a great job I know you will be up and moving again tomorrow!

TinaM: If you want coffee it is not bad to have 1-2 cups a day but make sure you are getting plently of water as well. Coffee in moderation can help suppress appetite so it does have some good points. You have breakfast under control and your snacks sound reasonable. Enjoy your coffee!

Biggirl27: Welcome! You are setting some big goals there! I know how hard it is to quit smoking, it might be a good idea to reduce the smoking until you have all your eating plans in place so you are secure in that area before trying to quit completely. I love the Dentyne Fire gum it helps to have it on hand for when I feel like snacking and maybe it will help with the smoking?

Leigh: I want some of that lunch, it sounds so good. I havenít had ribs in awhile. Good job with walking around the building, that is a great idea!

Tipsygypsy: Think of the exercise as playtime for you! Bellydancing always looks so fun, unfortunately I have a bit too much belly!

Sunshine06: Welcome! I think April must be the month for cruises, several of the women on here are going.

Im A Loser: Great Job! You are doing so great 100 pounds gone so far, I canít wait to reach that milestone myself!

Stay Strong!

Danzer5570
01-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi all! I know you guys already started, but I'd like to join in too! I'm hoping to get to my goal weight by April Fool's Day! Here are my goals for January:

1.) No more fast food! This is a HUGE problem for me...I eat fast food 4-5 times a week...and I feel like crap all the time, plus am having problems with my period because of it!
2.) Lose between 8 and 10 pounds. *Hopefully* I can do this! I'm having a little problem getting motivated right now, so that's why I joined this group.
3.) Do exercise plan on days that I'm supposed to. There's a plan in For Me magazine that I'm going to try for the month.
4.) Eat at least 2 servings of fruit, and 2 servings of veggies every day. I hardly ever eat fruits/veggies...probably another reason I'm having problems with the period.
5.) Drink 32 oz. water each day, and NO MORE POP. Saw a couple other people with this water goal, and it was a good one since I hardly ever drink water! (notice a pattern in my bad eating/drinking habits?)
6.) Post here every day.
7.) Post in my FitDay every day.

I'll add more later if I think of anything else. But I think this is a pretty good start anyway. Just trying to become a healthier me, weight-wise and just nutrition-wise. I feed my body A LOT of crap, and it's time to start treating it better before I really ruin it! ;) Can't wait to get to know everyone!

teahoney
01-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Loser - That is so great. You don't know how much I needed to hear that you lost 100 pounds as I have just decided today to make it my goal to lose 100 pounds this year.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Well I know I went over my cals today and I will get back to the old meal tomorrow..I dont need to go over that much again..I did walk today and will be starting pilates soon I hope I have a friend who is going to burn me a dvd of it. I am going to start getting up early to do it. I think i need to add more to my workouts maybe that will help me. Has anyone done it I need some feedback on the workout I really want to know what ya'll think..

I did not do to good on what I ate today so I am going to do better the rest of the week and really try to be good.

Leigh

dawn7672
01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone,
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I did great today. Stayed within my points and went to curves this am. I get weighed next monday, but I might go on Tuesday. I had spinach raw(for salads) for the first time, I don't like spinach, but I decided to try it mixed in with romaine lettuce and it was great. I'll be able to get more veggies in this way(don't like it much). I'm going to do my WATP 1 mile now. have a good night all.

Rivergal60
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Everyone sounds like you're doing great.

81 of us on this thread. That is great but I'm like you Sheri, I'll never keep up with everybody :dizzy: But it sure helps me to get on here and read all the post. I get inspired and motivated and I thank all of you for the time you put on here for the rest of us. It helps to know we're all on this journey to better health together. :grouphug:

I think I'll read some post and then go watch some 24 on dvd.
Love that 24 and CSI. Don't watch while on tv but my son buys the seasons on dvd and we have a great time watching as a family. And we don't have to wait a whole week to see what happens next. :dancer:

Everyone have a good night and I'll talk to ya later, :wave:

Mommy'sLosing
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start! Way to go "I'm a Loser" 100lbs is awesome!!! That is a huge huge goal to have reached! You should be very proud of yourself. You must have so much more energy ;)

Well, today I ate mostly tuna, veggies, a muffin and lots of water. I feel that I did really well! I even did a workout (20 mins on the x-trainer and 6 weight machines). It seems whenever I workout I tend to gain, but in the long run I know it's best for me to do it! :carrot:

Here's to getting the scales to move again! :dance: :dance:

AnVy1221
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Just checking in, it's good to see so much activity on this thread! I got my exercise in for the day (45 min of weight lifting and 30 min of elliptical) and I have been 100% on program as far as eating goes. I am feeling really good today, no cravings or anything. As a special treat, DH took me to get my hair cut and colored today - what a great guy! I hope everyone is doing well.

curvygurl
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
:cp: It is so great to see people doing so well with this challenge. I really enjoy having this site to come to and get the support that I have always needed to lose weight. Good job all and keep it up!!!!!

teahoney
01-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm very proud of myself. I haven't exercised since last week and I got in about 50 minutes of exercise today. It's funny because once I started exercising I realized how much I actually missed it. It felt good to be moving again.

sweet_pea
01-04-2006, 01:47 AM
i od'd big time. and haven't exercised yet will have to turn the music on and dance later

my excuse is that my dog was lame when i came home. (true story!) she was hobbling and licking her paw. i pulled a thorn out but she was still hobbling. had a look and found a barley seed so pulled that out. still hobbling. but now she seems ok. think it ws just raw and she kept imagining the thorn.seeds etc were still there poor baby. meanwhile i stuffed my gut

happy and FAT. so maybe not so happy oh well only one day

rollmdl
01-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Hi All,
I love reading about how you all are doing.
I've had a good day.
Did my water aerobics this morning and stayed within my
eating plan.
I uped my water today and feel more even keeled.

I'm having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night
and am a little nervous about it. I don't really prohibit myself
from eating anything specific but it's the quantity and tasting while
I'm cooking that concerns me.

I'm making chicken and potato dumplings......

I'll let you know how I hold out.

Thanks for the support and inspiration.

chaarli
01-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Well I've got my exercise off to a great start thanks to the January Walkers board, but I still can't seem to get the food thing happening.
i really need to sit down and work out what I'm going to do.
Still this site is great and I love the motivation and support here, keep up the great work all of you who are doing so well.

Blondee51
01-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Hello group!
I have some catching up to do and will attempt that tonight or in the morning....
Congrats to ALL of you..for showing up, getting on board and setting goals to strive for!
I've avoided eating while watching TV for the 3 days past. In breaking the PM Food rages, I will make great strides in my Recovery program. The exercise: slow in coming about but getting there. I will be doing most of mine at home and at the office. I am blessed to work with one lady and we share common issues and goals...I have gear at the office and can slip in some minutes while there. I have bands,weights,bar, and a stepper......as well as walking shoes under my desk!

I'll be back later when I can stay longer! Welcome to all newcomers......I'm one myself!!
Have a great day..be blessed best where ya need it most!
Brenda

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I am doing better today. On the way to work I got myself some juice and did not drink coffee..I have my reg luch and will eat a apple for a snack...So today will be better...I will be doing my walk and tring really hard to stay on track. I hope all of you are well.....Have a great day:hug:

Leigh

1 Fat Momma
01-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I know I haven't posted here in a bit but I'm still here. I've been having a hard time with counting my calorie intake. I've never been so amazed at how much junk I'm actually eating. And those portion sizes are a killer too. I mean come on, who eats 3/4 to 1 cup of cereal and a half of grapefruit and is full. And come on that pasta will make me the size of 5 fat mommas. My god, this is really hard for me, the one who just realized she's been eating enough for 4, according to the box.
Anyways, Today I plan to take a walk around noon, and I'm going to try to go out again around 4. Things might get hectic around here, since I have 2 baby girls, but I won't give up. Hells no!!! lol

jenn_mullett
01-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Hello All,

It is very motivating and inspiring to come to the forum and see how well so many people are doing...81 people on this thread is amazing, I guess everyone wants to make changes in the New Year. It is amazing how someone can loose 100lbs!!!! That is amazing. I am doing ok for the most part I am on day 4 and going somewhat strong. Last night I had a little cheat...I had a 1/2 a bag of baked lays and slightly went over my points, but I am going to try not to stress out too much about it and try my hardest not to slip up anymore. I woke up at 8 and went on a 45min walk to make up for (i'll do double the exercise today:)). My brothers birthday is on friday, and I am almost certain it is going to be a 'cheat' night...I just dont know how to not cheat too much:(

DSHO- i can understand when you say that you cant want for the weather to warm up, I am from newfoundland...it is freezing here!

Good luck all
Jenn

jenn_mullett
01-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Oh one more thing I forgot to ask....Does anyone know any good exercises for an exercise ball?? My mom gave me one for christmas, but i was wonder if anyone else has used one?

Jenn

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Keep up the good work sissy I am right behine you :carrot:

Jailene
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
my goal for this week is to bring my water intake up to acceptable levels. i went to yoga last night, and my arms are really sore today, going to walk at lunch with my co-worker, and no gym tonight (4 days in a row, my family is big time complaining) but will try to get out with the dog tonight to walk.

breakfast was once again 1/4 to 1/3 cup grapenuts with milk, lunch is trisquits, cheese and jalepenos, and i have an orange for snack. who knows about dinner, but i try to eat my two servings of carbs before night time, and just stick to protein and vegies at dinner time. it will probably be a big salad with chicken breasts and parmesan cheese, one of my fav's.

havent weighed again, will try to get on a scale this weekend, but geez, i am eatin 1/4 of the junk i ate over christmas, so i am optimistic!

any suggestions?

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 10:18 AM
I figered out how far I have been walking....1.5 miles I will bring it up to 2 miles today....

Talk to you all soon

Leigh

Jailene
01-04-2006, 10:32 AM
okay, i am gonna shoot for a half hour instead........ i cant see me walking 2 miles yet. my feet would fall off!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 10:35 AM
I do my walk in 30min that all I got for lunch break and if you are just startin out you may need to take is slow but dont give up!!!!!!!

Vonne78
01-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies,I'm just checking in for the day. I didn't do to well yesterday with the water or excersise but, I'm going to try to make up for it over the week.I did manage to stay under 1200 cals. though.
Anywho, I wanted to see if you had any suggestions for me with a question I've got.
I

Vonne78
01-04-2006, 11:05 AM
OOPS! posted before I meant to sorry..
I was saying that I work in a store from 8-5 every weekday. It's just me here and I have a lot of time just spent sitting around. I was thinking I could spend some of that time doing light excersises but, there's not much room around here.I don't take a lunch break because I can't leave the building..any excersise suggestions for something to get me off my butt during the day?

Sheri~C
01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, I am having a pretty good week so far. I did 20 minutes with RS yesterday afternoon and another 15 minute walk this morning so I am feeling strong! I will try to do another tape this afternoon. I want to get up to doing 3-15 minutes segments of exercise every day. I have been having some sugar cravings so I know that I overdid the sugar last week. I have to remember how insidious sugar is, everytime I eat some I want more and I don't really realize it. I must make sure to pay attention to that. You all are staying strong and doing great!

rollmdl: Sounds like a nice dinner, don't forget to include some veggies. You are doing well with your aerobics, keep it up!

chaarli: Good job with your walking! What can we do to help with your eating plan? What is it you want to change? Do you follow any kind of program? Let us know so we can help!

Blondee51: Wow Brenda, it sounds like you have a gym hidden under your desk! That is great! Not eating at night is a tough habit to break and not eating well watching t.v. for 3 days, you are fantastic!

Leigh: You are staying on a good track, making good choices for snacks is so important.

1 Fat Momma: One of the biggest mistakes overweight people make when dieting is not eating enough! Make sure you are eating what you need. That means 3 meals and two snacks. I eat 1.5 cups of raspberries, 1/2cup of ff yogurt and 1/2 cup of flax granola for breakfast. Then I have some protien for snack like a harboiled egg and some wheat thins, or a pear with some cheese. If you are not on a program ask your doctor how many calories he/she recommends you have for your weight. Then use a program like fitday to track your food intake. It really works to eat to lose!

Jenn: You can make lot's of great choices when you are celebrating. You might want to take no more than a tablespoon of everything you like or you could choose only low cal items for the evening. Make sure you eat something that tastes good and is filling before you go. A high fiber snack with a little protein can really help keep you from choosing poorly.

Jailene: You are doing great with your excercise. Food wise, I always try to eat veggies with both my lunch and dinner. And I stick with whole grains like brown rice and whole grain breads.

Vonne78: How about an exercise ball? You can keep it in the back and sit on it at break times and for part of your lunch break. Just balancing on it is supposed to be a great thing for the bodies core. Or you could walk the store, just increase your pace and walk all over, it is recommended that we do 10,000 steps a day to be moderatly active!

Rivergal60
01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Yvonne, You might try taking some weights with you. Maybe like 3lb ones if you haven't been using any, to start out with. That would be a great way to get some strength training in and you don't need much space. It really makes a difference. Remember: More muscle burns more calories. And it great for your bones too.

AnVy1221
01-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi all. I just finished my exercise for the day- 45 min on the elliptical and 25 min of abs (oh, my abs are already sore!!). I am eating well but my downfall is always between the hours on 7 and 10 PM. I get the munchies something terrible and generally end up eating something with sugar or chocolate. Before the holidays, DH, DS and I would go for evening runs but it has been raining for 2 weeks here so we haven't been running. Today is the first day it has been really nice but I doubt we will go for a run tonight as the USC v. Texas game is on tonight. I just have to find something to do OTHER than munch at night. I am not hungry, I just eat. I have taken up knitting so maybe I'll pull that out tonight while watching the football game so I don't snack. I'll let you know tomorrow how I did.

candoitby06
01-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Yvonne....not really good to stay under 1200 calories. 1200 Cals is the minimum requirement and I dont think you want your metabolism going slow? The more calories, the higher your metabolism.....I would say it would be better to stay above 1200. Anyone agree? Disagree?

I have been losing an average of 5-8 pounds a week and keeping my cals between 1300-1500 with exercise as well. I just dont want to see all your hard work platue quicker than you would like to.

Ciao Chica

Jennyt13
01-04-2006, 02:56 PM
HI there! Is it ok that I join the challenge? New here to 3 fat chicks, and need something to keep me going!

I'm at 205, and would like to be at 185 by April fool's day. :carrot:

MorticiaAddams
01-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I put in a good weight lifting work out yesterday and learned a valuable secret. I always felt I was not getting enough out of the weights. Until the husband told me to do a set of machines then do another set then do another set and no rest time in between or very little and the second time bump up the weights if I can . So I did and I felt it. That time I actually came away feeling the weights were doing something. I also did a mile on the eliptical.
I do have to change some things in my eating habits thou. Track my calories and give up the coffee and the bottled tea that i was using to weene myself off the pop. I have been pop free for many years and now its time to completly let the sugar go. :carrot:
Today I will hit the gym when the husband comes home from work. I would bike up to the gym but its still a little chillly for me. :)

Jennyt13
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Great advice your husband gave you! My gf at work used to date a wrestler - and he told her the same thing - to bump up the weight for each set. It really pushes you!!!

I worked out on Monday and Tuesday - I"m doing mostly cardio right now... I want to lose the weight before I put on the muscle!! (well, some of the muscle anyway!!)

Monday I started (1st time in a LONG time) - treadmill for 15 minutes
eliptical for 15 minutes, and then did some leg excercizes for about 30 minutes.

Yesterday - eliptical for 30, and a cool down on the treadmill for 10.

Today I will use my eliptical for at least 20 (this one is a little harder than the one at the gym) tomorrow I'm back to the gym until sunday.

Vonne78
01-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Sheri & Rivergal those are both great ideas I have some small weights at home and I have been wanting to get an excersise ball so now I have a reason. Thank you both!
Morgan, you're right I normally try to keep my calories about 1300-1500 but, yesterday I pretty much didn't do anything except lay in bed (had a terrible headache)...So I thought it was good that I kept my calories low. I'm still learning though so bare with me.I do value the good advice so keep it coming.
(Oh! and I heard that eating something small every 3-4 hours keeps your metabolism up is that right? I hope so because that's what I've been doing)
Thank you ladies and good luck!

chaarli
01-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Guys thanks for being so encouraging.
I'm trying to do WW by myself..I've been to meetings heaps before but just can't justify the cost at the present time.
I know what I have to do it's just keeping motivated and organised.
My goal this week is to track everything...even the bad days.
Next week I will look at planning each day ahead of time..I just can't be bothered this week, still in holiday mode.
Last year I lost 15 kilos with JC but I can't afford to go back there..and since then I've put on 5 kilos that I now have to lose again..aarrgghh!
I know I can do this..this will be my year to finally get down to my goal and stay there.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-04-2006, 04:58 PM
If you want a good way to keep track of your cals www.fitday.com I plan my day of eating fitness a day ahead of time then check it off in my journal.

Leigh

sweet_pea
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
oh grrr i did a post this morning and now it's gone i will have to come back and post. off for a short walk to the shops to do some errands and buy bananas to have with my breakfast (yes i'm having a late breakfast. i started with a litre of water and lemon juice as i o/d'd last night on wine and sugar and i wanted to give my system a chance to settle

back all soon. love this vibrant and exciting thread. love all the support

dawn7672
01-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone, Just a quick check in. Everyone seems to be doing well on their new journey to a heathier life. I have had a good day today. I went to curves, and ate pretty good. I weighed myself today and I'm down 3lbs. I stood on the scale for a couple of minutes in disbelief. It's great. I am getting weighed and measured for the month on the 10th of this month at curves, so I'm hoping to add to that number

dawn7672
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
how do you change the tracker to show a loss?

dawn7672
01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar006/muffin/lb/0/100/9/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

racegirl78
01-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I want to get in on this! :)

I want to lose 13 for this challenge.

sweet_pea
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
hi everyone i've been for a short walk but i want to try and exercise twice a day. just for a short amount of time, a 10 min walk or a few mins dancing in the evening to up my exercise as i know i am not doing enough

welcome racegirl. are you quite small build? 120lb is very slender LOL
now i have seen the valentines day challenge i may have to hunt that out. it's a good midway point in the challenges...

sweet_pea
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
can someone pls tell me where i can find the valentine's day challenge! thanks :D

candoitby06
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Yvonne, I am not trying to tell you what to do by any means....I hope I didnt come across in the wrong manner. Sometimes I just flippently just blurt stuff out. Basically, I started out in and around 1200 because I thought if I ate less than the minimum that I would lose quickly and I did, but then it suddenly stopped. I found when I raised it, I started losing again. Also, I dont know if you have heard anything about eating different caloric intakes on a day to day basis.....I was researching online what a good intake number was for me and it said that if for example I ate 1700 on Monday, and then 1500 on Tuesday and then like 1900 on Wednesday (you get the point) that it tricks your metabolism and is supposed to keep it working the hardest. Anyone heard of that? I havent personally tried it because frankly I am narotic about my caloric intakes....but i am interested to find out if this is true or not.

I eat every 3 hours.....I have also never eaten breakfast before and I have started doing oatmeal each morning. This I find has really been great for me. I find if I dont eat in the morning it really sets me up for wicked cravings throughout the day. I'm no expert by any means....but this is the first "diet" that has actually worked for me. I hope its working for others as well! Its a really great feeling to know that I am finally in control of what I put in my mouth and all it took was a little accountability. Fitday.com had been my lifesaver!

Keep up the hard work chicas! Your doing so well already, just keep imagining those cute little bathing suits come summer! *cheers in advance!*

Sheri~C
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Well you are all working so hard that it motivated me to go out and get some small weights and a stretchie band to go along with my aerobics and WATP tapes. I also had an idea on how to add a little life to the water. I made some Lemon Zinger and mixed it half and half in my 32 ounce bottle and it adds just enough taste to make it different. I am going to look for a few other flavors of herbal teas to try. I didn't add any sugar. I am getting all set to watch "biggest loser" tonight. I was amazed by the show this past fall those people are so strong! It really motivates me to watch them. You all have a great night and stay strong!

Amy: You are so awesome with your exercise! I know what you mean about nighttime eating, since you want something sweet why not try a banana, pear, grapes or some berries? I have switched from treats to fruits and I was surprised that I was satisfied after that! It really is working for me. And if you canít run you and dh could burn some extra calories together in the B-Room, I understand that it can be a great part of a diet plan!:lol:

Morgan: Good Advice for Yvonne! It is so important to eat well when losing weight if we deny ourselves to much it not only gets harder to follow through but our bodies wonít put up with it! I know what you are talking about I think it is called the Wendi Plan? Some people swear by it. And it canít hurt to mix things up a bit.

Jennyt13: Welcome! It is great to join in, and 20 is a reasonable goal. Good Luck! We look forward to hearing more from you!

MorticiaAddams: Great exercise! You have got it under control! Keep goingÖ.:tread:

Jenny: You are doing great with your exercise too! A little strength training will be a big help for the fat burning though.:strong:

Yvonne: Even when you donít feel well you should try to eat, your body needs the fuel to fight whatever has hit you. It is a good idea to eat every 3-4 hours to keep your blood sugar stable and your metabolism on track! High Fiber fruits like raspberries and pears are a great snack food.

Chaarli: Good for you, tracking is very important it really helps keep you accountable. If you need any extra help with the WW plan just pm me and I will do what I can.

Dawn: Just go to this section of the tracker code and change the number that I highlighted:
slider-lifter2/lb/367.6/130/325.6/.png[/img]

Racegirl78: You are welcome, 13 pounds is a great goal!

Sweet_pea: You are doing fine on your exercise, it is recommended that anyone with over 50 pounds to lose exercise 3 times a day for 12 minutes.

chaarli
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I looked at the Wendie Plan too.
Basically they swear by changing around your caloric untake or points if you are doing WW, on a daily balance.
I might give it a try once I get things back under control.
The principle if you are doing WW is work out what you maximum and minimum points are per week and as long as you don't go above them for the week.split up your days accordingly and have different point values for each day.

yukimfat
01-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Just checking in, as well. It's great to see so many people motivated to succeed. :)

As for me, I am happy to say that I am doing really good following my plan of 1500 calories a day. I keep a journal/calendar right by my computer and record EVERYTHING that I eat.

I will be posting my weight on Sundays.

Good luck to everyone. :carrot:

DragonTush
01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I would love to join the 30lb challenge. I think I really could accomplish this goal with a bit of help. I'm already so gung ho I've made my tickers up and everything LOL.

I started officially jan. 2 and already lost 3lbs...but then the first 10 is easy for me...its the final 90 thats a kicker LMBO!

tipsygypsy
01-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Doing my own little "chick-in".

Doing very, very well on the eating. No junk at all, and getting plenty of water. Exercise has been mostly dance, of whatever sort I can grab. I have a few of the Neena and Veena bellydance DVDs, and today I got Carmen Electra's aerobic striptease (just the first two discs). Really enjoying those; if exercise isn't fun for me, I know I won't stick with it as well, so I have to find things that burn calories but don't FEEL like work. Lazy, lazy. :D

scrappinRN
01-04-2006, 10:16 PM
It looks like everyone is doing well, and i wish i could say the same. Its be quite a week already. I worked 3 12's over the weekend( with lots of holiday food around), and now i have acold. My body definitely feels like feeding a cold/starve a fever, and my body wants to be fed. I am hoping to feel better tomorrow and eat better( n o energy to make anything good). The gym will have to wait until this weekend. I'll try to check in tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone!!!:D :D

Darby1
01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey Ladies,
What a day. I had a doctor's appointment this morning because my foot has been bothering me. Apparently I have plantar fasciitis. The doc gave me a referral to see a podiatrist, so hopefully I can get rid of this pain. Does anyone know if losing weight will help this condition? The doctor said my weight gain has definitely aggravated it.

I did have some success today at work. I'm alone at work a lot, unless I have clients, and I get bored pretty easily, which of course, leads to eating. Today I brought my lunch and some healthy snacks, which I put in the fridge. In the back of the fridge I found some left over fudge from the holidays. Now, I know that I can't just eat one piece of fudge and be satisfied. So I thought about that fudge for an hour and went back to get a piece. I had one bite of it and it didn't taste that great, but that doesn't usually stop me (like I said, I was bored). So I took the one bite and was fighting with myself to stop. I ended up throwing all the fudge into a plastic bag and spraying Windex all over it.

So instead of eating 8 pieces of fudge, I only had one bite, and that made me very happy. It also made me think that maybe I have a different attitude about losing weight this time.

Other than that, my eating was pretty good today. I am using fitday, which is great. I am noticing that although my calories are where I want them to be, my fat content is still too high. I'll have to work on that.

Sheri, is the Lemon Zinger the tea? That's a really good idea.

Anyway, have a great night everyone, and hang in there! We can do this! We just have to take it one day at a time!

Darby

tipsygypsy
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Darby, that's awesome that you had that much control to get rid of the fudge instead of eating it! Kudos to you.

Danzer5570
01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey all...looks like everyone's doing good - that's great to see! Did pretty good today, except my calories were a little low (a little under 1200). I'll have to work on that. I REALLY wasn't in the mood to exercise, but came here and got the motivation to get moving! :carrot: I was so proud of myself! From now on, I'll be coming here for motivation if I'm lacking!

Don't know how well this eating plan will go, cuz I have a night class (J-Term) Mon.-Thurs. 6-9. I ride the city bus, so I don't get home until a little before 11, and I'm always craving something! I eat dinner before I leave, so I'm always hungry half-way through class. :( I'm gonna have to figure something out. Also, I have to read a WHOLE book (around 200 pages) in ONE DAY!!!! AHHH!!! The horrors of J-Term! So that'll be taking up a lot of my time, and there's about 3 other whole books we're supposed to read throughout the 3-week period, plus other readings, along with papers, working for a charity, and tests. It'll be a stressful time, and I hope I can stay on this plan and reach my goals.

Didn't get any fruit in today. No fruit in the house. Will probably have to get some tomorrow. I did have my 2 servings of veggies, and my 32 oz. of water. I was proud of that!

But keep up the good work everyone! Everyone's progress is so motivating! :hug:

icedragon6669
01-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Darby - plantar fasciitis, this sounds awefully like what my DH has?? isn't it an over grown nerve? he has an appointment in feb (huge wait on speciallists here, he has been waiting since nov), apparantly with his is means minor surgery to cut back the nerve... sounds painfull. He is very active, and it has not stopped him running, biking... etc. But then it may be something different too?

As for me. i have gotten back on track with the food. and i have done a weights workout (yesterday) will be doing a 5.5 km run (tomorrow).

Does anyone know much about teas, i have gotten into drinking tea instead of diet pop, but have not idea of calories, or if any are better for you? i try to drink mainly green tea, with splenda, most of the teas i drink are infused with some flavour? does that make a diff cal wise? liptons mango green tea!!!!!! I give it 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!

chaarli
01-05-2006, 12:55 AM
I was always told for WW that caffiene free herbal teas can count towards your water uptake.
I guess with the splenda it adds a few calories but I swear by drinking herb tea.
Green tea is great for weight loss and it's good for you too.

rollmdl
01-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi All,
You are all doing so well and your attitudes are uplifting.
My dinner party went off well -- the food was good but I made
panna cotta with raspberry coulis and had two helpings.
Not exactly a success story. At least I didn't eat till I felt sick.
I just have to be careful tomorrow, go to the gym early in the
day and try not to beat myself up.

Keep up the good work.

I'll check in with you tomorrow.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-05-2006, 06:57 AM
:D I did good yesterday I keep my cals at 1551 and did a pilates workout before I went to bed I am not that sore today...I will be getting up early next week to do pilates and walk at 1pm then do a small workout at night..I am trying to burn more cals that I take in. :dizzy:
I am eating more fruit and I will eat some carrots to day at lunch. I hope that helps..

Well talk to yall later
Leigh

icmethinner
01-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi Darby - I am so sorry you are dealing with plantar fasciitis - I had it last year (well 2004) all through the summer and fall, then in the winter, I actually had walked funny on my foot for so long that I got a stress fracture and had to be in a cast! I had a real cast for I think 12 weeks and then wore a velcro cast for about another month. Even after that I couldn't walk long or wear most of my shoes. I still had to do the things I mention below before I was totally well. Which - to give you hope - I am. It is completely gone and some days I have walked up to 9 miles! (But usually only 4). You will get well from this eventually, but it does take time sometimes, longer for some than others.

Fascia is the tissue that covers your muscles - plantar basically means the bottom of your foot (I am a medical transcriptionist and also read extensively on this problem when I had it). So, plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the tissue that covers the muscle in the bottom of your foot. That muscle attaches to your Achilles tendon, which gets pulled on by your calf muscle every time you step. For this reason, even though it is a minor injury, it can take forever to heal.

I do have some advice though, so that maybe yours won't get so bad like mine did! I am not a doctor - so these are just my opinions about what helped me.

#1) If you have hardwood floors - DO NOT WALK ON THEM BAREFOOT - EVER - NOT EVEN DOWN THE HALL TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AT NIGHT - JUST NO BARE FEET ON THEM!!!

#2) This helped me tremendously to get well and I still do it every morning -
Before you get out of bed, scrunch your feet up as if you were trying to pick something up with your toes. Do this repeatedly. Also do calf stretches and do the ABC's with your toes. (pretend to write the alphabet in the air with your toes).

#3) This seems like the opposite of what you should do - but it helps - find shoes that have flexible soles (to allow your foot to move naturally) but also have good arch support - the heel should be an inch or so higher than the the toe area - not flat!!! The flatter the shoes are, which seems like what you need - but is not, the more the fascia continues to be stretched. Wearing a slight heel on your shoes will allow the fascia to rest.

#4) Ice - freeze a bottle of water - every evening, put a towel on the floor, put the bottle of ice on it, and roll your foot over it repeatedly for about 20 minutes or so.

This is an injury that is very common to - BASKETBALL PLAYERS - think about what they do - pound on hard wood floors with their feet! I can't stress enough that you just cannot walk on hardwood floors without your shoes!!

From the podiatrist, you may want to try injections - which did not help me, but have helped others that I know who have had this. They may also suggest orthotics for your shoes, which help some people and do not help others.

In the meantime, a good exercise program you might like is Oxycise.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

jenn_mullett
01-05-2006, 08:20 AM
My diet is slowly coming along...this is day 5 and it feels like a month!
I did well yesterday, I stayed within my points and got about 2hours of walking in. I find now that I am home on christmas break I can do this, because I have nothing else really to do, but once I get back to university and work I will be bombarded with stress and give up, and I am going back on Sunday:( I just have to keep strong and motivated. I read somewhere in a post that it is no good to blame weight issues on stress because your stressed out in school, then your stressed out in work...so basically the stress never ends, so I might as well move on and do this:)

Vonne78
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Morgan,Don't worry it didn't seem like you were trying to tell me what to do at all. I really value the good advice from someone whose been through what I'm trying to do.
All the help I can get the better... And it's good to know I'm on the right path eating every 3-4 hours.
Sheri - thanks for the good advice too! I think I'll pick some up for snacks here at the office.
Good Luck today ladies.

Jailene
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
havent weighed in a few days, but i have my eating under control.... yay! now i just need to get my water up..... and more exersize, but i feel like i leapt the first hurdle, which is convincing myself that i can eat within plan and not DIE! used fitday to calculate calories and percentages of carbs, fat, protein in what i have been eating, also looked at calories burned for my body size (omg i had to be like gorging myself to eat more than that many calories a day) versus calorie intake. i guess the proof is in the pudding tho (mmmm, pudding........ lol) and we will see if it actually worked when i hop on that scale this weekend.

FishWoman
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi, I am just dropping in to say hello! I haven't lost any weight since new years (i know, it's been only 5 days!) but haven't gained any either. This has been a very stressful week for me and my family and I haven't been checking in for support like i should.

It is good to see that everyone is doing allright. Darby, I hope you are managing your plantar fascitis - icmethinner has given some great advice.

Unless I pay for an internet connection on my cruise, i won't be checking back in for about a week and a half. Wish me luck with all that free food around! Fortunately, the gym on the ship looks really nice. Plus snorkeling and swimming every day, I should do okay!

teahoney
01-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Danzer - are you allowed to eat in class? If you always get hungry then maybe you could bring a cup of yogurt and a piece of fruit. Or if you can't eat in class bring it with you so that you can eat it after class or on the bus ride home. Just a thought...

Blondee51
01-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello crew!
Jeeze...I am SO far behind so will just jump in here..whew! What a great group and lots of activity! GOOD JOBBY!!

I am entering Day five........have had 4 nights of eating at the table, NO munching while watching TV or otherwise engaged. Still haven't gotten the portion control thing down real good, but seriously workin' on it. I will invite God to my table for each meal and I think that will help me. I live alone and can get into a lot of "trouble" with no-one watchin'! LOL! Hey, Ya'll come to my table! LOL!
I can "pretend" like nobody's business! I have a limited budget so invent an imaginary personal trainer etc.

I hope to make time to play catch up and "meet" some of ya'll later! I'm like 5 pages behind at least!
Have a blessed, productive, on-plan day! I will as well......
Bren

Danzer5570
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
teahoney - yeah she did say we could eat in class i think. that's a great idea...that way i can get a serving of fruit in! thanks! :)

Sheri~C
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I did another 20 minute walk this morning and took my boys and the dog with me, I might as well get everyone going on this! It sure feels good to be active again. It is so easy to get used to sitting on my butt doing nothing, I feel even more energized now that I am getting fresh air and exercise every morning.

Chaarli: From what I have heard the Wendi Plan is great for when you plateau, the changes shake your metabolism up and you get back to losing.

Jodi: You are right on track!

DrangonTush: Welcome, the challenge is any goal you set yourself so be sure you are comfortable with the 30 it can be less if you need it to be. You are doing great 3 pounds already! Keep posting and checking in, it really keeps my energry up to have you all to talk to!

Tipsygypsy: You are do great too! I am thinking about taking some ballroom dance classes when I reach a lower weight, I may have to look at the Carmen electra tape too.

Shannon: Sorry you are under the weather. You know what your body needs best so take care and donít worry we will be here when you need us!

Darby: I too suffered from Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Spurs) I had it in both heels and was totally unable to walk without canes. I couldnít even get out of bed in the morning without severe pain. My doctor recommended Physical Therapy which I did, doing the exercises faithfully and having electric shock thereapy at the therapists office. It was not a success. The she said she could do cortisone shots but it would be a one time thing, she did them and that was about 7 years ago now and I havenít had a twinge since. Losing weight will help for sure also. Way to go with the fudge! We have been throwing and giving away chocolate all through the holidays, why do people bring me chocolates?
Yes the Lemon Zinger is a herbal tea, I am going to try all kinds of flavors to keep from getting bored with the water.

Heather: Wow you have a busy day going there. Try to take a low calorie bar or something with some protein for a snack at class, you must want to eat the first thing you see when you come out. I know it is hard to find the time when you have so much to do but if you are eating well you will have more energy and be able to retain more of what you are reading. Take care of yourself!

Sonja: Herbal Teas and Green teas are very good for you, Green Tea is very low in caffeine about 20mg per 6 ounce cup so you would have to drink 3-4 to equal what is in most coffees. I know you are getting in lotís of regular water as well so you donít need to worry about having tea as well.

Rollmdl: Every time you make a change you are improving, not eating until you felt sick is a great step forward, I changed the amount of food I was cooking so now I only cook enough for the 4 of us instead of food for 6.

Leigh: Good job with the exercise, you are doing great!

Jenn: If you can do 2 hours of walking you are off to a great start. Maybe you can start each day at school 15 minutes earlier and use that time for a quick walk it will energize you and get your metabolism working and every little bit counts.

Jailene: Good for you! One step at a time and the eating is a big step.

Fishwoman: I know you will do fine on your cruise, there are a lot of great low fat foods available and tables of fruit and veggies. Everything in moderation and you wonít have to deny yourself the things you really want.

Brenda: I have an idea for you. I went to the goodwill store and found myself 3 very nice small plates about 8Ē ones that are very pretty and that is what I use for my meals, my DH and DS both use the regular Dinner plates but I have my special plates that make me feel good and it keeps me from feeling like I am not getting enough. You can pretend we are dining together on our nice pretty plates!

Jailene
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
so, i forgot my little water bottle at home today, and had to get a glass from the kitchen at work. wow! drinking the water from a glass seems much easier? i have had 4 12 oz glasses today since 10:30......

anyone else find this easier?

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-05-2006, 02:34 PM
yes I have a 32 oz cup I got from Subway and I fill it 3 times a day...I do not even have to thing about how much I am drinking

tipsygypsy
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Same here. I just keep a huge glass of water on my desk and refill it as needed. And it's all I ever drink, so I KNOW I'm doing okay.

Not to mention I'm in the bathroom every fifteen minutes, so yeah, that's another clue. *blush*

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM
My eyes are floating all the time:dizzy: lol :o

sunshine06
01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? They did an entire weight loss journey in 2 hours and the results were incredible (over 5 mos real time).
It was so motivating to see these families give it their all and lose more than 100 lbs. Next Weds. it is on again with engaged couples. Keep the motivation coming.
Other than that I am staying on plan and working out with Billy Blanks every morning. His Boot Camp series is a GREAT workout. I am also using fitday.com and it really helps to see where you lack will power and self-control. I have my dh doing fitday and he is going to a gym so hopefully we can motivate each other.
Of course having a root canal today is another great way to not eat alot, but I do not recommend doing this at home!!:o

rollmdl
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I just posted a longwinded message and it disappeared. (maybe I'M getting a message--keep it simple).

Back on track today.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sheri.

Going to the gym this afternoon.

Tracking my food.

That's it.

Danzer5570
01-05-2006, 04:10 PM
thanks everyone for the tips. and yes, sheri~c i DO want to eat the first thing i see when i get out of class...LOL. i almost stopped at burger king on my way home last night, but luckily i persuaded myself not to! phew! i'll have to find a new route home so i don't see the temptations.

just did my workout for the day. just thought i'd post quick before i hop in the shower and get ready for class. am doing well with eating and stuff. i'll be at around 1300 cals. after i eat dinner and a snack in class (chicken salad sandwich and pineapple for dinner and a chips ahoy 100 calorie pack for a snack during class)

I have been drinking water. i was craving some pop, so i satisfied my craving with a few sips and put the rest in the fridge. hopefully my dad will drink it before i get home tonight so i don't have that temptation!

ok gotta get ready or i'll be late!! have a great day everyone

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
you may want to try the Crystal Light On the Go packs...I love them and I am a BIG FAN of Mountian Dews....I have not had one in two weeks. As a matter of fact I went shopping yesterday and got a diet one and could not drink it because it tasted to sweet ....lol....If that was not a kick in the head...

mnkirk
01-05-2006, 05:16 PM
My new buddy Leigh suggested I join this challenge, so I read through and you all sound great. I would love to meet a goal by April, I just need to sit down and thing of a realistic goal. As far as food goes, I going to buy the Sonoma Diet tomorrow and see how that works. For exercise, I am lucky enough to live in an apartment complex with a "state of the art fitness center", so I hittin' the gym. Good luck to everyone!!

dawn7672
01-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone, having a good day today. I was able to get over to bally's this am for a quick 15min. workout(I've been a member since 1997,but haven't been in over a yr.)I got on a machine that maybe a glider. I lasted 5min. and did the treadmill for 10min. I also did walking for weight loss on Ondemand(15min.) and fatburning walking(21min). So I think I did pretty well today. My goal is to increase my workout time by 10min./week. Hope everyone has a good evening.

reshiegirl
01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, I weighed in today - I am on day three and I gained 2 pounds! Of course, that includes the 4 days that I ate like there was no tomorrow, so I shouldn't be surprised! But, even when you are expecting it, it still stinks!

So day three, and I have had 2 really great days and one could be better day, but I think that is an ok start. I am hoping to show a loss next week to keep me motivated.

I am still getting over being sick, so I have not started exercising yet, but today I felt better, so by the weekend I should be ok! I also found out that two friends of mine at work walk at lunch times - two circles of the surrounding roads is 1.8 miles! They invited me to walk with them, so I am going to start with once around (which is good for me - almost a mile!) and work my way up to twice around!

I see many of you are making wonderful progress - you are teriffic role models! :) Thank you !!!

Darby1
01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
First of all, thank you Sheri and icmethinner, for your info on plantar fasciitis. Both of you gave me great advice!

Today was kind of bad. Work was slow and I snacked way more than was necessary. I need to get on fitday and see what the damage is.

It sounds like everyone is doing great!

Fishwoman-hang in there, be strong and the weight will come off. You'll do great on your vacation. I actually lost weight when I went on a cruise several years ago. We were so active the whole week.

Blondee-good job on not eating in front of the tv. It's so easy to pack away food when eating mindlessly, isn't it?

Sunshine06-the Biggest Loser is so motivating, isn't it? Did you see the family on the Today show this morning? They said the holidays got the best of them and they gained some weight back, but now they have the tools to get it off again.

Danzer-good job on not drinking the whole soda. I know it's tempting!

Leigh-isn't it weird how our tastebuds change so quickly. I'm glad the Crystal lite is working for you.

mnkirk-welcome! You'll find tons of support and motivation here!

Dawn-nice workout. I'm still having a problem getting myself motivated to work out. You're doing great.

Reshiegirl-that's fantastic that you have some walking buddies. I'd be a lot more likely to workout if i had someone to do it with.

Tipsygypsy-thanks for the kudos. I was pretty proud of myself!

icedragon-it doesn't sound like your husband has the same thing if his is a nerve thing. I just went to my regular doctor and she diagnosed it. She is sending me to a podiatrist, though. Surgery does sound painful. I hope they can get it fixed for him without that.

rollmdl-your dessert sounds like it was hard to resist, so don't beat yourself up. Today is another day.

I hope I got everyone, but I'm sure i didn't. Anyway, everyone have a great night!

Darby

dawn7672
01-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks Darby1, I trully look forward to all the encouragement I can get. I decided that it needs to be apart of my daily regimen if I'm going to continue with this "new" lifestyle. I refuse to use the phrase "on a diet". I was always on a diet, just not a good one. You'll get motivated soon. When you're ready, it'll kick in. Stay focused I'll be around for any morale support needed.

have a great evening!

DragonTush
01-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Well I had a pretty good day today but I somehow screwed up my calorie intake at supper tonight. I'm logging at fitday but I had taken off my rice and forgotten....so I made rice and realized after I ate that of course I'm way off with the carbs tonight and the calories. Oh well what can you do?

I am waiting for my munchkins to go back to school on Monday and preschool on Tues so I can get back to the gym. I have my exercise schedule all figured out now I think.

Mon and Wed....walk 1 hr in the a.m. before work and Tues, Thurs, and Friday workout at my gym for an hour. 15 min. Treadmill....1/2 hr machines ...15 min treadmill for cool down.

Oh and I watched The Biggest Loser too....It's what really made me see that the exercise is so important. I couldn't believe the results after only 5 months. Seems like a short period of time to get to such a great looking body eh?

Rivergal60
01-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey Darby, Great advice Icmethinner gave you. I had that problem this past year and the Doc. told me the same thing. Rolling the frozen bottle with your foot from toe to heel for about 20 min. a couple of times a day or at least once every evening really helped me soooooooooooooooo much. Good Luck and I hope your foot is much better soon.
Well, I'm off to exercise some.
Later,

dawn7672
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi dragontush, I watched the BL lastnight as well, and it truly motivated me to make sure that I work really hard at exercising. I believe that they exercised more than just 1hour a day, probably more like 3-4 hrs./day. I won't be at that level for another 2months (I hope).

DragonTush
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Dawn:)

I figured they had to be exercising for quite a few hours. I know I won't be able to lose as quickly as them...I simply don't have the hours in a day to work out for four hours...kids and job keep me rather busy. I think my one hour a day will be sufficient to get me going. (I hope lol) I just found it so inspirational how they looked after losing that amount of weight. It made me realize that I have that healthy person inside me wanting out too.

I really feel like I am succeeding already. I've lost a couple of pounds and I feel better overall. I can't wait until my knees don't ache and my back doesn't feel like a clamp is tightening over it at night. I don't want to be morbidly obese anymore. I want to be a healthy example for my children, unlike my own parents (whom I still adore and were victims of the convenience era, IMO)

Anyway, sorry this got so long. LOL :o Needless to say I am going to be watching the next episode LOL

chaarli
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Imagining having the time to exercise for 3-4 hours a day.
I think we all do well with the little bits and pieces we fit into our real lives.
Although to be able to take 3-4 months off work and focus on nothing but diet and exercise would be great too.LOL

sweet_pea
01-06-2006, 04:19 AM
if i took 3-4 mths off to focus on nothing but diet and exercise i'd still do everything the same unless i had someone standing over me watching everything i eat LOL

chaarli - i looked for the WW mousse but they didn't have chocolate in stock. boy i could go one now. have a real sugar craving at the mo.

that BL show would be really hard. honestly you see them whingeing and it looks bad on tv but i know i'd be just as whiney if not more. they really push those guys and quite honestly it's a wonder they don't have heart attacks. i think extreme exercise programs like that probably shorten their lifespan. but i would love someone to force me to eat healthy and keep me from temptation!!!

kathyhegg
01-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Had an aweful day, woke up all achey, ate chocolate, my weight went up again, start over tomorrow.

Kathy

jenn_mullett
01-06-2006, 07:10 AM
I lost 2 lbs:) I got on the scale this AM (instead of waiting for tomorrow....b/c its my bros 18th b-day, so I'd say I'lll probably go over my points:() I am excited. It seems alot of people are getting good results, for those who may have had small slips just pick your self up and keep moving! (I am sure I'll need someone to say that to me soon).

I'm heading back to the West Coast on Sunday, back to school. I am really looking forward to it, and getting back to life....I almost feel too relaxed at home. I am going to get a gym membership on Monday, and join WW on Tuesday:) I am going to do this, this time! (I just need to keep telling myself that).

Good luck to everyone!
Jenn

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Opppss I did. I hope it not going to be one of those days. I did get my toast(whole weat bread) ;) I also drink my milk it does a body good you know. I will walk today. As for the weekend my goal is to find the time to walk and stay on track with my eating. My weigh day is Sunday...So wish me luck

GTG its time for me to work :p

Will check in later
Leigh

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Dont give up!!!! you can do this. Just keep movein....

~klutzmeyer1983~
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I've been at my parents' house since Tuesday. It is not a diet friendly environment. Considering all of the temptation, I've been doing well. I'm kicking myself for not throwing a box of slim fast in the car with me before I left.

I'll weigh in when I get back home. Kinda scary-- I hope it goes well. My birthday is on Monday, so I know that night wont help. I can stop my diet during my birthday dinner, right? At least halt it a little. I'm looking forward to birthday cake. I am, however, prepared to give it all away that night. That is what tupperware is for. I am okay with eating a big piece on my b-day, but afterwards I know I'll feel guilty if it is around. I'll either feel like I'm neglecting perfectly good cake, or I'll feel bad for eating it.

I meet my cooperating teacher Monday, too. I'm a bit nervous about student teaching. I know the teacher you're placed with can make it wonderful-- or horrible. She sounds great so far, so I'm thinking relief will make a good b-day present to myself. I do best on my diet when I feel productive and successful. I LOVE being in the classroom. Though I'll be exhausted, I think working in the school full time is going to really help me stay healthy. ;)

Okay, now I have to stay away from the pizza my brother just ordered for lunch. I'm going to distance myself from the living room --- so I'll catch up with you all soon. There's so much to read when you're gone for a couple days! It's wonderful to see all of the success happening in this challenge.

candoitby06
01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok, all this talk about exercising for like 3-4 hours like on the biggest loser is just about giving me the runs! I am seriously having visuals of Billy Blanks hopping around for hours upon hours. AHHHHHH!!!!! Now that I am going to suffer traumatic nightmares tonight.....lol

Well, today was my weigh in day.....and this past Monday I was up to 233 after my New Year celebrations today I weighed in at 228....so total loss of 5 pounds but my ticker only shows 2 :( Keep trucking keep trucking.

Ciao Chicas

sunshine06
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Great job on your loss, Morgan. No matter what I do , I cannot get that scale to move. I am going over to fitday.com to log my food for the day which has been right on target again. But I refuse to give up!!

candoitby06
01-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Teri....it will move, it may take a little more work then you are used to but it will budge! I have complete faith that you will continue on the road to success! Keep up the great work....I've been thinking about you while Billy is kicking my ***! You are not alone! Just one more set ;)!

Ciao Chica!

chaarli
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Terri
I can relate to you. I can't seem to get the scales to move either.I 've been in this plateau space for months now..and the last few months the scales have moved up..aarrgghh!
I don't know if I'm eating to much or too little it doesn't seem to matter what I do. I exercise enough and I'm pretty good with my water intake so it's not that. It's just the food.
I'm goin gto try and track my points properly for WW and actually stick to it.

sunshine06
01-06-2006, 03:31 PM
LOL--- thank you very much for the encouragement. Off to have a meeting with Billy!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Try not to be to hard on him...lol...I know your tracker will move soon..

Sheri~C
01-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone, it seems like we are all moving along well and staying on track for the most part! Good Job! I managed to do my whole WATP tape this morning so I am feeling pretty good too! I went and bought some new walking shoes today so hopefully that will make the whole thing more enjoyable. Now I am going to work on my playlists for my mp3 player and get some good walking music into place. I drove around my neighborhood and mapped out some streets for walking and have two good routes planned that will give me 1 kilometer to start with. That along with my tapes should get things firming up.

Nikki: Welcome! Canít wait to hear more about you, let us know what you think of the Sonoma Diet.

Dawn7672: Good for you, it can be hard going back to the gym after a hiatus!

Reshiegirl: Walking the roads around work with friends sounds like a great idea, step by step we are getting healthier!

DragonTush: What gym do you go to? I have been trying to decide between Spa Lady and Curves, I have been a Spa Lady member before and I love the elliptical machine and Curves doesnít have that. I agree about the Biggest Loser, I would love to watch it every week it is so motivating! Covert Bailey recommends that people with more than 50 pounds to lose should work out 3 times a day for 12 minutes each time, it help to reset the bodies fat burning ability and builds up the enzymes we need that make it all work.

Kathy: I hope you feel better soon!

Jenn! Way to go, 2 pounds gone! I am glad you plan to start WW and join a gym I am proud of you! We will all be here to continue to cheer you on!

Klutzmeyer1983: You can indulge a bit for a Birthday and you do have a plan in place for the leftovers so relax and enjoy the day!

Morgan: Awesome loss! You are doing great, maybe you need to delete and redo your ticker to make it work?

Teri: Darn Scale, sometimes it seems like it is just stuck and I want to throw it against the wall. Donít worry it will move again. Keep coming here and posting it will help!

candoitby06
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Sheri~ lol, sorry I mislead you.....I refused to move my ticker back up when I gained over the weeked.....so I just kept it at 230 when I was actually 233....so this week I lost 5 pounds but I was only able to move my ticker 2. Sometimes I get a little fiesty with the keyboard and forget to explain the whole situation. I wish I could blame it on a broken ticker....but, its all me. Nobody to blame in this case ;)

Thanks for the encouragement though!!!

Darby1
01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi there!
Today has been pretty good so far. I've figured all my calories through dinner and will be under calories for today, which means I can have a glass of wine or hot chocolate. I may stick with the cocoa, as I drank plenty of wine through the holidays. It wouldn't kill me to cut it out for a while.

No real exercise today. That will be my goal for next week. I start school the following week, so I need to get into a routine quickly. I'm taking one class on campus and two online classes. After last semester I swore I would never take another online class, but unfortunately, none of the classes I want to take work with my schedule. Online is just much more flexible. I can even do it at work.

I have a question about veggie intake. How do you get it in? I like vegetables (especially salads), but I never seem to get as many servings in as I should. Does anyone have any tricks or tips for me?

Anyway, I hope you all had a great, healthy day and have a wonderful evening.

Darby

okayat50
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I would like to be part of the April Fool's Challenge. I have been sticking to my South Beach program and walking everyday since 2 January. My goal for April is to continue (and increase) the exercise and stay on program. Hopefully this will result in 10 pounds lost.

penpal
01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm off to a good start with the scale showing 2 lbs. lost since last Friday.

I've been drinking plenty of water and I'm still working out at Curves 3x a week. I got in some extra exercise by doing a whole bunch of yard clean up when we had a break in the weather the other day.

I've just started using the 3FC journal here and it's helping me to stay focused.

sunshine06
01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
NE 1 else joining the National Body Challenge on the Discovery chanel? Looks like it can help with meal planning and right now I can see on fitday that I am not getting enough protein and fiber from grains. If you want to check it out...http://health.discovery.com/ or I can send you an invite, just let me know.

Sheri~C
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Darby: Good going with your calories! I vote for the Hot Chocolate! I forget about having that sometimes it is a great treat. I will often have veggies for snacks I like a cup or two of hot veggies in the afternoon and when I am not getting enough veggies or fiber I will go grab a bag of spinach and cook it up, it is about a cup once it is cooked and it is easy to eat with a little butter spray and a touch of garlic powder plus I am getting 14 grams of fiber!

Okayat50: Welcome! Good job sticking to the SB diet and getting in your exercise! Keep it up and this group will be the biggest loser! Lol

Penny: That is fantastic! Great job. Amazingly people around here are doing yard work too. What A great way to get in some extra activity!

Have a great Weekend all, Stay Strong!

AnVy1221
01-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I guess I forgot to check in yesterday. I am putting together my application package for grad school so I have been neglecting the boards a bit :D Anyway, I did well yesterday. I ate really well and even avoided the pizza that DH & DS had for dinner and ate homemade chicken soup instead with a big salad. Today, I have done well with eating too. I've gotten in my exercise for the past week. My new heartrate monitor has it figured that I have exercised 6 hours 57 minutes and burned 3077 calories this week and I still have a workout to do tomorrow so I think I'm doing well with exercise. But I am still bummed becuase the scale has not moved in 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks I wasn't eating as I should have been but for the last week I have been doing really well and the scale STILL hasn't moved any. My official weigh in isn't until Sunday but I am going to be heartbroken if I cannot post a loss for yet another week!

dawn7672
01-06-2006, 09:19 PM
AnVy1221, i wouldn't worry if the scale doesn't move on Sunday. How does your clothes feel? You might try measuring yourself and see if your losing inches. That would be a real treat, for the inches are harder to lose. I think you're doing everything right, just stay focused.

dawn7672
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I had a pretty good week this week with exercising and lost another .25lb and 3.25 inches, which was more important to me. Will the increase in the exercise department,things better start to shrink:dizzy: . I had to try and figure out how to add more calories to my day to bring my total atleast to 1500(I'm at 1350 now). I have been between 32oz-52oz of water this week. I went to curves today and did a urban hip-hop dance exercise video(35min.) It felt great. Will try an do my WATP tomorrow (2mile:dizzy: ) I hope everyone has a god wkend:carrot:

Danzer5570
01-06-2006, 10:14 PM
The Discovery Health Challenge is tempting to join, but I'm doing so good on my own plan so far I want to finish it till the end...nothing else! :)

Another good day. Right on the mark with calories. Drank LOTS of water today - I think I went over my goal of 32 oz.! I also did an hour of circuit training. Another thing, since starting the challenge I lost a pound! (I've only been on it less than a week) I forgot to take measurements at the beginning, but I'm going to take my measurements next week so I can keep track of that as well.

Keep up the great work everyone! You're all doing so awesome! :carrot:

freckles-n-frills
01-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Lost 4 lbs this week :carrot:! No more headaches from the sugar withdrawal and the cravings have started to subside. It is really tough at work though. I am a Physical Therapy Tech. and the patients are forever baking us cookies, cakes, or pies. I try to stay out of the breakroom as much as possible. I am going to try to add more exercise next week, I purchased Leslie Sansone's You can Do! ABS w/ the Exercise Ball and You can Do! Pilates. Im thinking of mixing these in with the treadmill and some strength training so I don't get bored. Anyone know of a good dance/exercise video that is not too advanced and has current hip-hop/funk music! Nothing to cheesy! Thanks for all of the support.
Good luck to everyone this week. Jeana

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I almost did not make it...BUT I did stay around 1400 cals..I ate shrimp and fish:dizzy: I know it was to much. I did do my workout tonight and will find some where to walk tomorrow. I hope all of you had a great day and will have a really good weekend.

I will try to check in tomorrow I dont know what going on tomorrow. But I will be posting my weight on the new thread...Talk to all of yall then

Leigh

DragonTush
01-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Hi Sheri C ..I am going to Express Ladies Workout. It is a spin off of Curves. 1/2 hr workouts . I really wish this place had an elliptical but it doesn't( it does have a treadmill and a step machine, its a small gym). I plan on sticking with this gym for the year and figure once I am in a really good routine and need some shaking up, I'll join Spa Lady or one of those places which offer more variety. I guess for me, I joined because I found the workout to be fun. I really sweat it out there and I feel so much better afterwards...I can't wait until tues., when both my little ones will be in school again. (oldest in kindergarten all week and the youngest in preschool 2x a week) Having them home threw me kinda out of wack with the workout. Not sure how I'll manage in the summer but I will! lol

kathyhegg
01-07-2006, 04:20 AM
I got my butt into gear again today and did 1 hour 15 cardio and 1 hour of pilates. I so hope this makes me sleep tonite.

kathy

Mommy'sLosing
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, I have been eating more veggies and less white flour, sugar and starches. I did the x-trainer for 30 mins last night and burned 462 cals in 30 mins! My biggest problem is that when I workout I don't lose weight :( Seems tht I am losing inches though, cause my clothes are fitting much better. I guess the numbers will go down eventually!

jules1216
01-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Lost 5 lbs the first week--quit drinking what was way too many Regular calorie laden Cokes--thought back to ww points a few years back when I allotted one Coke a day into my points---no wonder I failed--I had a caffiene headache for 5 straight days and yesterday was the first day I realized it was gone--substituted water for coke. I weigh on Tuesdays and can't wait--don't have a scale in my house because I get too frustrated with daily weighing--I also went to the gym four nights this week. Everything is feeling looser--wondering what will happen when my body adjusts to all this water--will the weight loss stop too--is this just a temporary thing??

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I got up this morrin and did a workout first thing and had my whole wheat toast with milk. I am going to eat with my mom and my kids at the park. One more day to weigh day and I really hope it will be good news.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the ladies in this thread. I love to read what all of you think and I have got some great tips from all of you. It is so nice to have someone to talk to whos in the same boat as me. We all have the same goal and it helps me alot to read what others are doing to get to the goal..

Well enough gushing
Leigh

Sheri~C
01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Amy: Good Job! Passing up pizza:jeno: that is actually in my house is a test I havenít yet had. I love pizza more than any other food and I can only eat it now if I go out and order the 8Ē lunch size. It is the one thing I cannot stop eating. You know the scale can be a strange beast. :goodscale Some weeks I think I havenít lost a thing until the morning of my weigh in and then the scale finally moves. You know you are doing the right things so it will move soon, make sure you are getting all the calories/points you need in your day.

Dawn: Way to go! :tread: All the exercise is going to pay off in a good weight loss soon.

Heather: That is wonderful! Losing a pound in less than a week and staying on track! You are awesome!:carrot:

Jeana: Wow fantastic loss! :woo: No headaches must feel good, I know I felt so much better after I quit the sugar. You are strong enough not to be tempted by those sweet treats, you donít like sugar it makes you feel ill, sugar is yuckyÖ. I keep saying this over and over and I may even believe it a little now, lol

Leigh: I love shrimp it is almost calorie free and it tastes so good, I eat a lot of it now. You are going stong with your exercise and doing great!

DragonTush: If you are enjoying your workout:ebike: that is so important! I know what you mean, this holiday season has been way too long for my 6 year old, he keeps saying ďI go back to school on Monday the 9th, right MommyĒ He canít wait and I canít either! I know I am going to be getting my little guy into lotís of daycamps again this summer the City offers some amazing camps that he loved last year and they are under 100.00 per week, I canít get child care that cheap! I think I am going to have him in at least 2 each month maybe 3 if I can afford it! Then I can have some time to go to the gym and get a good walk in.

Kathy: Good for you! :cb: I know that I have been sleeping much better since I started exercising, especially when I go for a walk outside. I am even waking up ready to get up by 7:00 and it feels so good to have so much energy.

Cheryl: I suggest you read ďthe new fit or fatĒ by Covert Baily. This book has really helped me understand how to get the fat burning while exercising. If you workout too hard you wonít burn fat, just build muscle but if you work out moderately you can do both. It is a great book to read I learned so much.

Jules: Hooray! 5 pounds! :bravo: Coke can be a real hinderance to weight loss even if it is diet good for you for increasing the water! Your body will work a lot better once it understands that you are not going to remove the water again. Sometimes it will retain water for quite a long time because it is not used to getting enough. You know you are drinking enough if your urine is clear to almost clear. Your kidneys are loving you so much right now. And no the weight loss will not stop though it will slow down.

Jailene
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
well, i weighed in today at the gym before i worked out, and i am down another three pounds. i am pretty happy about it! that puts me at 5 total so far, and i really didnt work out much this week to dump those 3 lbs. GO SUGARBUSTERS!

i started using fitday! its awesome! it really opens my eyes to what i am putting in my body, and helps me stay gauged on what else i NEED. not just to put me at my prime calorie intake, but to balance my vitamin levels, etc. its a great tool, you should all check it out.

well, housework, and laundry to do! love all the posts and encouragement!

icedragon6669
01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Darby - a lot of foot conditions sound kinda the same! I think i understand what you have, i have had the same in some spots , but luckily the feeling has gone away in a few days to a week. The rolling a bottle of ice, sounds like a good idea.

I have been doing well, i didn't go so well last week, had a few bad days, but this week i am back into improving my fitness! i have had 2 runs, and 1 weights session!

Feeling good!

Danzer5570
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Today was kind of a bad day food-wise. I'm already up to about 800 calories (with lots of fat...who knew there was so much fat in coleslaw), and we're having Chinese for supper. :eek: And when I say Chinese, I mean the fatty, greasy stuff....but it's so good I'm not turning it down. Mom already went to get it from Leann Chin's (sp?). But that's okay. One day a week to splurge a little bit isn't too bad. And I won't let it get out of hand either. Tomorrow's a new day. :)

I DID do an hour of circuit training today, so the day isn't totally blown...LOL. I'll get back on track tomorrow.

And thank-you Sheri for the support!

dawn7672
01-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi freckels N- frills, I have a terrific hip-hop exercise video for you it's called urban heat. It's a combination of hip-hop,latin and carribean. It will definitely make you sweat:carrot: it's 35 min. long but it's also fun getting to learn the moves.

freckles-n-frills
01-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks, Dawn7672 I will look that up on flea-bay right now :comp:. I worked out today for over an hour while my daughter was at pommies practice. We have everything available in physical therapy to work-out :tread:, and we don't have patients on the week-end or in the evenings. Some days it it hard to stay after or to go back later when you have already put in 8 hours. It is really a struggle at home on the weekends, DH wants to order pizza after a little disagreement :nono: we settled on spaghetti. I will just have to watch my portion size.
Anyone else doing No Sugar / No White Flour? Keep up the good work everyone. Jeana

PrestonsMama
01-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi I am new and would like to join the April Fools Challenge! I just resumed my WW diet (I was on it prior to having my son in June) and joined a gym. I've made a deal with my Dh that if I go to the gym at least 3 times a week until I reach my goal weight, I don't have to go back to work yet. (I am staying at home with my 7 month old son right now) Originally I was to start looking for work around this time, but I really want to stay at home with him. I also want -- and NEED to lose weight so I thought it was a good motivator to keep me going to the gym! So far I'm doing well keeping my goal!

So my April Fools Challenge goal is to to up my original goal to go 4 times per week.. In addition to that goal, I want to lose 25 pounds by April 1st. That would put me at 181 lbs!

dsho71
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I got on the scales for the first time today and weighed myself since I have started this journey and I have lost 4 pounds!:D I know I have to keep working really hard but that was a total shock to me and I was pleased. I am going to be working even harder for this next week. I can't believe that I did that well. I was expecting one or two pounds at the most. I love that I have this site and the tracker to help me get to my goal!;)

Jailene
01-08-2006, 10:05 AM
freckles:

i am also doing no sugar no white flour. I chose this because it was a long term lifestyle change, and not so constricting that i would give up easily. it's easier than i expected to keep it up, and when i feel that urge to eat something "snacky", like crackers or chips, i have some options (bring on the triscuits!) I also registered with fitday and keep track of my intake there. I try to keep a balance between carbs(only the good ones), fats, and protein, and fitday has an actual pie chart to show me where i am. it also counts my calories, and my vitamin levels. the nutrient levels are really important, because i think they keep down the cravings if i can keep my body getting everything it needs, which is how i think diets really fail. when you deprive your body of nutrients it needs, the cravings start, and whoops there goes the diet. so i have found this tool to be absolutely amazing. i have done "sugarbusters" now for 1 1/2 weeks, lost 5 lbs (slow but steady), and havent had any real cravings to fight off.

Blondee51
01-08-2006, 10:23 AM
WOW! Am I behind!!
I'll have to play catch up tonight as I am running late for Church!!
Week One was GOOD!
I am down 4.5 pounds, ate meals at the table (my old habit was while watching TV eat three dinners) and got in 140 minutes exercise and 13.5 miles walking in.
I'll be back.....congrats to all joining up and for the success being had! Hooray!!
Bren

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I was going to wait till the new thread was up but I could not do it..I lost 8lbs..:carrot:
I just had to post my new ticker:carrot: I could not have done this with out all of your help I give all the credit to all of :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: you.tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

I am going to keep this up and I know that all of you will to

Did I say that I lost 8lbs :carrot:

Leigh

yukimfat
01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Hello,

I had my first weekly weigh-in and am down 5 pounds.

ooelsworth
01-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Gonna change my ticker after this post, but just wanted to report...I lost 2 pounds!! Yay me!

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Well you ladies are doing an fantastic job! Look at all the losses this week! Let's all do the carrot dance! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

It is so amazing how I am loving exercise this time around, I am dreaming about it and I jump out of bed in the morning and I can barely wait to let my 6 year old eat his breakfast before pulling him out of the house to go for a walk before my breakfast.

If anyone is having a hard time and needs a little extra inspiration and just because it is a great site check this out:

http://www.getting2goal.com/index.php You will laugh, you will cry, you will see yourself in many of these stories and this lady is a strong and incredible woman as are many others in the success stories. It just reinforces that I know we can do this!

Jeana: Great job with the work out! :strong: What are Pommies? I quit the white flour and refined sugar as well as artificial sweeteners. I feel so much better and I have so much energy it is amazing!

PrestonsMama: Welcome! I like the idea of the 3 day work out to stay home with your son. I wanted to stay home with my little one too so I started a dayhome when he was 1 year old and I am still doing that today and he is 20 in 1 week!

Dsho71: Right on! 4 pounds gone that is fantastic! :woo: It is such a great motivator when we lose weight, I just feel like dancing everytime!:dancer:

Jailene: I know you are right about not having cravings if you give your body the right nutrients. This is the first time I have ever gone to WW and been craving free. I get all my vitamins and a few additional supplements and eat tons of vegetables and I only get cravings if I have something that has sugar in it.

Brenda: Excellent Job! 4.5 pounds you rock! :cheer: Wonderful thay you have gotten your exercise going too! Stay Strong!

Leigh: HOLY COW! That is stupendous! 8 pounds! Time to celebrate! :balloons: Get a new nail color, a new pair of earrings, walk to a friends house for a cup of tea and to brag! Awesome, Super, Great!!!!!:cb:

Jodi: Hooray! 5 pounds! :flow1: You have to shout that out girl! :bravo: WHOO HOO! Keep it going!

Ellie: 2 pounds gone letís do the carrot dance! :carrot: You Are smokiní!

Loser2B
01-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Everyone is doing great! I have lost six lbs this week :) I haven't been exercising, so I need to fit that in.

yukimfat
01-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to throw out a big woo hoo to everyone who managed to stick with their goals. It is great to see that so many of us are getting into the groove and improving ourselves. :cp:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Sheri I almost fell off the scales when my husband told me what it said, I will have to tell you that I went overboard today. BUT I will be back on track tomorrow and will do better next weekend. I did walk this weekend. I made the time to walk both days and I got me some 3lbs weights so I am adding some arm work to my daily workouts. I am tryin to stop the under arm flab before it starts.....lol.....Well talk to all of yall later..

Leigh

Darby1
01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Congratulations to all of you! There is some serious weight loss happening here! I dropped 1.5lbs myself, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Tomorrow my sister and I are going to a fancy spa for facials and pedicures!! I am so excited! We gave each other gift certificates for our birthdays last year and mine is about to expire so tomorrow is the big day. The spa is about 100 miles from here and it's supposed to snow, so hopefully the weather won't be too bad. It's so typical, it hasn't snowed in almost a month, but now I want to go somewhere and the weather won't cooperate:p .

I'm a little worried about food tomorrow. We're leaving at 8am, our appointments start at 10:45. I'll eat breakfast before I leave to meet my sister, and I'm bringing a protein bar. The appointment will last almost 3 hours, so I guess we can just find somewhere to eat lunch afterwards. I'm trying really hard to eat every few hours so I don't binge and so far it's working. Maybe I can pick up another protein bar before we leave.

Well, ladies, everyone is doing great. Let's keep the momentum going and lose more weight for next week!!

Have a great night,

Darby

teahoney
01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I lost 5 pounds. I'm in a new decade!!!

Sheri~C
01-08-2006, 09:29 PM
STOP!

THREAD NOW CLOSED, PLEASE GO TO WEEK 3!