Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #1  

Default 3FC Presidental Challenge January/06

It's time for the update on how the 3FC did in our Presidental Challenge last month.

We have 111 members who have accrued a total of 871774 points. Wonderful job!

Our top ten leaders in points so far are:

lizzbabe 165575
cmlash 54202
augustgirls 51233
ltharp 45639
Annie Benson-Lennaman 44231
Betani 36016
looking2lose 29879
byugrad 28544
ItsMeChickadee 27734
angel-eyes 25170

We had 25 members who logged activity in December.
The top ten for points from December 1 to December 31:

frustrated 10719
Sheila53 9881
butterfly28 8867
ahill1979 8700
ohluckyme 8469
crk05 8243
augustgirls 7525
FlyingAngel 6959
iowasteph2 6594
lizzbabe 6367

Awards:

This is a list of the highest award that each member has won:

lizzbabe Performance - Bronze
cmlash President's Champions - Silver
augustgirls President's Champions - Silver
chick_in_the_hat President's Champions - Bronze
looking2lose President's Champions - Bronze
Betani President's Champions - Bronze
ltharp President's Champions - Bronze
angel-eyes President's Champions - Bronze
ItsMeChickadee President's Champions - Bronze
SRMB Active Lifestyle
Annie Benson-Lennaman Active Lifestyle
sarahyu Active Lifestyle
AlmostHeaven Active Lifestyle
jkg0679 Active Lifestyle
dinah Active Lifestyle

We're doing great! Keep up the good work!

If you want to join, simply go to http://www.presidentschallenge.org/index.aspx and then when you register and get to the "My Groups" part enter:

3FatChicks.com

and then Group ID Number

If you are having trouble registering this group, make sure you are putting the name and ID number in the right fields. Several people have reported that it is pretty easy to switch them around.

Everyone is welcome to join! If you have joined in the past but have not entered any activity for a while, don't worry. You're still in the program unless you removed yourself. It's never too late to start up again!

** Please note:

If you are in the Active Lifestyles Program, then you can only earn Active Lifestyle Awards (I won about four of them and never figured that out on my own. I thought after I got enough of them, I'd start working towards my first Bronze. But nope.) If you are in the Active Lifestyles Program and switch over to the Presidential Performance Program, you will be retroactively awarded a Metal award, but it will not show up on the list as an "earned" reward until you actually earn a reward while in that program. For example, I was awarded a President's Champions - Bronze when I switched to the Presidential Performance Program in December-05, but for the January-06 recap I was showing as still having an Active Lifestyles award. When you switch to the Presidential Performance Program, you no longer earn stars for daily activity, and your progress is expressed as a percentage of how far you have earned towards your next medal.

If you are in the Presidential Performance Program, there is a 750 daily cap on the number of points it will count towards your goal. From what I understand, if you go to the Advanced Performance Presidential Champions Program, all your points count, but it takes more of them to earn a medal.

(If I've gotten any of the above wrong, please reply to this thread or PM me and straighten me out!)
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #2  

I just joined. Hopefully this will make exercise an easier goal Thank you for the link. I am Lily Evans.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #3  

Yay! I am 5th this month. Christmas killed me...I am going to kick myself into shape this month though.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #4  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Thanks for the heads-up on the Active Lifestyle vs Presidential Performance Program. I'm new to the Presidential Challenge, but I'll probably switch over a bit later on.

Wow, I got in the top 10! It feels great, considering I was that kid who always got picked last for softball teams
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #5  

Welcome to our new members! I know the program has helped me to be more active. Entering it just makes is seem more, official somehow.

And you're welcome for the explaination about the other programs. I know I was in the dark until explained the differences to me!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I've been enjoying logging in my exercise every day. I was excited to see today that I'm over the halfway point in my quest for a bronze.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #7  
Bread is my Enemy.

cool, i signed up, thanks!

one question, how do you log elliptical workouts??
BrOOklyN ChIcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

I joined today, does ab work and toning count? I could not find a corresponding category. Maybe it is not considered active enough.
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #9  

I have just signed up as well. I'm curious to see how this works and look forward to acruing those points and losing the weight at the same time. Good luck to everyone!

Julie
drbjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #10  

Summersweety, I would guess that you're not being specific enough for the program, or perhaps even too specific. It does sometimes group things oddly. For instance, there is no "jogging" activity, per se, but there is a jogging option under "running".

They do list "stretching", as well as "weight training". To be honest, I don't know exactly what you mean by "ab work and toning".

And Brooklyn, as far as the elliptical goes, I log mine in as "cardio machines".