Support Groups - 30 Something to Lose 30 Something January

losethirtysomething
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics4/BBAJanuary.gif
This is a group of us 30 somethings who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.

stagemomx3
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

I just got done watching football with DH. http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/rugby1.gif I'm not doing much else today. :D I think I'm going to go make chili for dinner here in a little bit. I just wanted to quickly check in. I'll be back later with more on what I hope to accomplish fitness wise in the New Year.

alsbttrfly
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi Ladies!!!
I gained almost 2lbs over the last two weeks. Now that the holidays are over I have no more excuses. I'm going to set some goals for myself this month.

1. Say "Sayonara" to the 160s.
2. Complete my Couch to 5k program
3. Go to the gym 3-4x a week.
4. Start a strength training program.
5. Absolutely no snacks after 8pm.

DH leaves in less than 3 weeks for Afghanistan and its finally starting to set in. Just the thought of him leaving puts my stomach in knots. DS1 is going to start going to preschool this month, hopefully next week, if everything goes the way it should.

OH- My mother got a DWI last night, the second one in about 3 months. She'll probably lose her license for a year and possibly jail time. If she doesn't get incarcerated she'll probably have to move in with us.
She left her house around 2pm yesterday and its only about a 5 hour drive to our house. She got lost and called me and I gave her directions. She got lost again and then it was dark out. She got lost again and stopped at a gas station to get additional directions and they offered her a drink and she thought since she was only 10-15 mins from our house it would be okay. So at 1230 this morning I got a call that I had to pick her up from the state troopers. Great way to usher in the new year!! This is her 3rd time to our house and her 2nd trip here she was able to find it completey drunk. I don't know what to do with her. She needs help, but I can't provide it. The last time she drove to my house was to tell me that she got a DWI about a month earlier. She drove to my house drunk to tell me that she got a DWI. Unbelievable. I really gave it to her, and obviously that didn't do any good. I'm hoping she has to go to rehab or something. I'm at wits end.

All right, gotta go back downstairs to help DH with the basement.

stagemomx3
01-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Lori- I'm so sorry about your mom, not a fun way to start the new year! http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/sorry.gif You are getting a lot thrown at you right now.

OBsMama
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Ackkkk!We were all the way on the next page. I knew moving us would come to no good!!!!!

Lori, sorry you have to deal with your mom and your husband being deployed. That has to be hard. What was your mother thinking? I guess she wasn't. I am not saying she is an alcoholic but coming from a family who has it scattered around the family tree nothing ever gets solved in silence. When I was a little girl there was always a "special" pitcher of orange juice in the fridge for my grandfather. When he went into the hospital the doctors could not believe he was still alive considering that his liver was 2x the normal size and as hard as a rock. Don't let this take you off your track and goals. You have done so well.

My goals for January:

Walking to work at least once a day (could save me at least 20.00 a month)
Walking the stairs at work
portion control
Meal planning
excersizing 5x a week

2006 Goals:
Money control (money in the bank and debt down by Dec 2006)
Weight Control ( 140 by December 2006 3.5 per month piece of cake)

Oh anyone wanting to do the Discover Challenge email me so I can make you apart of the group. It looks pretty cool. aecrisman@hotmail.com

http://health.discovery.com/BodyChallenge/BodyChallenge.do?targetFrame=getStarted

Have a great skinny day & Let's keep us on top!!!!!
Amanda

OBsMama
01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
O.K. ladies :drill: Roll Call,

We were headed to the bottom the page again!!!!!

Amanda

Back to work tomorrow, kinda glad kinda not

Tonkasmom
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Hello, Happy New Year!!! I know I have been away a lot, but it was pretty crazy w/ the holidays, so hopefully I am stable now( HAHA! did I say stable???).

Lori- I hope you mother can get the help she needs. That has to be hard on you- I lost mine to alcoholism when I was 3 (Loooong story, not getting into it now)- I will keep you and her in my prayers.

And on a scary note- I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 156.6!!!:mad: I though it was wrong so I weighed myself at work- IT WAS NOT WRONG! Lovely, now I have to change my ticker, lol. Sooo, now is as good a time as any to face the evil truth. So here are my resolutions for the new year: 1: 1200-1400 cal/day.
2: sit-ups and push-ups every day
3: 1 good walk/ run a day
4: 1 8 oz. glass of V8 and OJ every day, + WATER!!!
5: I want to do a 5K by the end of February.
6: The Baltimore marathon in October.

(Amanda- I know you are close and have the same goal - I would be willing to drive an hour to run a 5k (or 10k or whatever) if you are serious about it. I have no friends to run with anymore so if I didn't have to do my first race alone, it would give me a ton more motivation. Just thowing it out there.)

I have felt pretty good the last couple of days and even bought some new jeans (size 12, but at least they fit and are not sweat pants)- I only bought 2 pair because I intend to SHRINK.

Hope everyone is great. Bye for now.

OBsMama
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Kimberlee, I got butterflies just thinking about it. If I committ to run with you I will have to run no chickening out, umm.

There is a 10K here in Richmond at the beginning of April. It is huge. I think one of the biggest in the country, I probably will not be ready before then.

http://www.sportsbackers.org/

I think I am going to do the YMCA training program. Only 50.00 and that includes the registration. Not a bad deal.

Do you know of any around DC?

OK, I am committed, Let's find a race.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA today! I have a major case of the "Sunday Blues" since I have to head back to work tomorrow. I know I'll be fine once I get there, but tonight I just feel down and yucky!

Tomorrow I have work, and then taking the kids to dance classe, and then I have auditions for "The King and I" so I won't be on until late in the evening, possibly early in the am, but only if I get up really early to workout!

I've been totally op for two days now, after a very disasterous weekend!

jkurdock
01-02-2006, 11:21 PM
hi, i saw your group and had to check it out. i am a stay at home mother of two girls, 2 1/2 and 6. i have decided that this is the year i lose the baby weight i have gained, i mean they are old enough! it's a tough road ahead and could use the support.

this time i am trying something new. nutri system. i've accepted the fact that i need complete control. here are your meals, eat this and nothing else. like dieting for idiots. hopefully this will work since my own self control has not.

i love the idea of running a 5k. the b/c (before child) me jogged. but one thing at time now!

stagemomx3
01-03-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics4/as02076a.gif jkurdock! Glad you joined us!

Back to school day for all of us here. :p I hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in later this evening.

CarolML
01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi there! I came across your group and thought I would say hi.

I am Carol, 34, with a a 3 yr old DD. Ive lost 42 pounds and have a few mini goals set.

Hoping to get to know everyone!

My ultimate goal is to be at 144 by July 21st, my 35th bday.

stagemomx3
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Welcome Carol. I'm still at work so no fun graphics. I will be 35 in 10 days, yikes!

Oh Amanda where are you?

Tonkasmom
01-03-2006, 07:19 PM
:welcome2: to Carol and JK!!! Ahhh those babies do a number on us, don't they?:D Well, I haven't been her too long but it is a great place to be.Good luck w/ all your goals.

Amanda- Richmond sounds fine, I will look on runner's world website- they have a race finder. So start training, girl, lol.

Well, today my scale said 154.4. HMMM......... this is why I don't weigh myself. I know- ONCE A WEEK! But I have been keeping my food intake down, which is easier to do now that I am back at work, I just have to keep busier in the evening after the babies go to bed. I tend not to eat when I am online, which is good but then nothing gets done, lol. Can we say BALANCE?

Hope everyone is teriffic!:bubbles:

OBsMama
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I hate the evil web pirates that have screwed with my computer:mad: I just finished a long email and lost the connection on a cable modem. Ugh!!!!!

We are on Kimberlee. Just don't leave me in the dust. I am going to do the training at the YMCA so I will be ready. We have a Vita Course near our house so it will be easy to mark off how many miles I have run. The training seems doable for a working mom. Thanks for pushing me Kimberlee. I was on the cusp of doing something like this I just needed the push. 3fatchicks rule!!!:cheer:

Amanda

OBsMama
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Baby in bed and workout complete!!!!!!!!!

OBsMama
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
:drill: We were back on the second page again!!!!!

Nancy, I got you email and I am putting you on the invite list for the 30 somethings losing 30 something Discovery Health Challenge List. Anyone else?

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday at school was good, everyone seemed very relaxed after the break!

Auditions last- really just a read through of the script, individual readings will be on Thursday. The director wants everyone, including the kids to dye their hair black. Now I am blonde, two of my three children are blonde, it's very hard to make blonde hair black without it looking weird! I have an appointment with my hair stylist next week, I plan to ask him what he thinks. I will probably temporarily do the kids hair, and look for a wig for myself. Just about any other color I would be more than willing to dye my hair, but I'm afraid if I try to take my hair black I'll destroy it.

I've been totally op since Sunday, I really hope that is reflected on the scale tomorrow!

I'll try to post again after school today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

katnol60601
01-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone! Hope your New Years is off to a good start. I'm sitting here trying to avoid the donuts in the breakroom. People bring food in for their work anniversaries and so we'll have munchies in there all week! I'm hoping with a little planning and telling myself that I can have a donut anytime I want but why do I want one? that I can resist. Easier said than done. The scale hasn't moved for me yet but at least it hasn't gone the other direction either. lol. My goals for this week are to keep a food journal, drink more water, and be able to move my ticker-thing down a pound or two.

Kat

stagemomx3
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Kat- Our staff room has had treats in it this week too. People are purging their houses and dumping it on the staff table. It is so hard! I feel like, I made it through December when the table was covered in treats, I should have to try this hard in January too! :mad: Hopefully by the end of this week the treats will end.

My WI day is tomorrow and I'm hoping to get to move my ticker down again too, I didn't get to last week, as I stayed the same.

I hope everyone had a good day!

chellefox
01-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Hey everyone!!!

Just thought I would check in and see how things are going. Good to see the New Year's resolutions put up for everyone to see. Here are mine:

1. to eat more healthy
2. to exercise more
3. to pay off some bills
4. to get b's in my classes

That last one will be particularly challenging since I have to retake microbiology this term. I will start the exercising later this month. I don't think that I have mentioned it yet, but I am having surgery next thursday. It is an outpatient surgery but will sideline me for a couple of days. I am hoping that it will end what ails me so that I can really get into the exercise groove. I won't know until it is over.

Other than that, things are going good here. DS started school again this week. He does lego club once a week and is hoping to start french club so he can talk to his grampa and no one will know what they are talking about (my dad is a french teacher) LOL He's so silly!!:dizzy:

DH and I start school next week and had to buy books on Tues. We were there for 3, yes that is right 3, hours. It only took us 10 minutes to find all of our books and the rest of the time we spent in line. :fr: CRAZY!!!!!!! The other crazy part was that we spent $700. and that doesn;t include the 3 classes we didnt' have to buy books for!! All I can say is THANK GOD for financial aid!:cp: :cp: :cp:

Well, I am not weighing myself until after I can start exercising, but I will keep up with the boards! I need the motivation.

Michelle-what play are you in now? I cannot believe that the director would want you to dye your kid's hair. That seems a little extreme to me! I have a blondie at home too.

Well ladies, talk to you tomorrow!

OBsMama
01-05-2006, 08:52 AM
:halfempty Sick baby again. He has only been back at school for 2 days and now we have had 2 days of no sleep. Looks like an ear infection on top of pink eye. Another 25.00 co-pay, ugg.

I weigh in tomorrow so today's goal is to drink as much water as possible. Aunt Flo is due tomorrow so I need to dump my extra water weight if I expect the scale to drop.

Michelle, dying your hair!!!!!!Black is so harsh on the hair. My roomate in college started losing her hair because she overprocessed it black. How about a dark brown.

Chelle, you brought me back to my days waiting in line for books. I think all universities must have the same policy. I know our book store will now let you order on-line.

Welcome back Kat.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Well I don't get to move my ticker again this week. I think my 4 days of op, just help to cancel out my New Year's Weekend indulgences. Which is good, I did not gain, and I really went off program for a few days. So I need to work extra hard this week to meet my goals! Especially since AF is expected to visit around my wi next week.

The play we are doing is "The King and I" thus the dark hair. We'll see how everything works out.

katnol60601
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh man - I can also remember those long, long lines waiting to buy textbooks. Blah! Chelle, good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well.

jkurdock
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
so i am back and today is the first full day of nutrisystem. the food is better than i thought. my downfall - the kids food. i never realized how much i picked off there plate. any advice to stop that???

off to pick up from school.

one day at a time!

backtome
01-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone!

Glad to see the board warming up!

I have had a few defining moments in the last few days. The first was when my 4 year old dd drew a family portrait. Everyone else looked like stringbeans, and then there was an odd potato shape in the middle. Yep, it was me. To make matters worse, I asked my dd, is that my smile? and she said no, that's that thing and she pointed to my double chin :( . Then today I was at Kohls looking for a shirt to wear to a funeral tomorrow --- I am now a size 1x. In womens. How did that happen? :?:

So, today I have been very good. I even went to the grocery store and avoided all treats. It's amazing how every aisle has several fattening (granted tasty) food items in it. Chips, pastries, cookies, all over the place. It was like walking thru a minefield. Luckily my will power held out. As long as it is not in my home, I can't eat it.

Happy Thursday!
Nancy

jkurdock
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
nancy, that sucks. my daughter did something like that saying how i am bigger than daddy. i wanted to scream it's your fault i gained weight!! your. father wasn't the one craving everything under the sun! it sucks most of all because kids are so honest.

i also realized today i am addicted to carbs. i think i need a 12 step program for bread!
johanna

stagemomx3
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey all, just a quick check in before I head out to auditions.

Nancy- Congrats on the victories at the store!

Have a good night everyone! Tomorrow is TGIF!

DawnJohn
01-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Hope everyone's doing good. Nancy, I'm so sorry that your daughter drew a picture like that, my son hasn't started that yet but like we need a reminder. As Johanna says, its thanks to them that we have some extra weight anyways. My mum told me to try and lose my extra weight before I had kids because it was a lot harder to lose it after yo've had them. Was she right!!!!

Michelle, congrats on the auditions, the King and I is my favourite movie. I just love all the singing and dancing. I wish I had some dramatic talent, I would love to be in performances but alas I was not blessed with any. The black hair though would be so hard on your and your kids hair, I agree with you that temporary colour and a wig are the way to go. I've had enough horrors with trying to dye my hair dark that I don't recommend it to anyone. :)

Okay so I've been on my plan for 4 days nows, its not going too bad but it's so strict. No sugar, no oil, no salt = no flavour. I've been really good and sticking to it but I do have to confess that I allow myself :cookie: 1 chocolate chip cookie a day or I'll binge on the whole bag. We'll see how the scale agrees. To top it all off this week, AF came, so my weight is a little off (2 lbs) so hopefully when I weigh in on Monday if I've lost any. I feel better already though. Been exercising everyday this week, started off with 30 mins treadmill and 20 mins strength training. :carrot:

Michelle, I'm glad you didn't gain any, next week I'm sure you'll see the scale go down. Good Luck.

Talk to you all again, have a great week :comp:

Dawn

OBsMama
01-06-2006, 09:29 AM
No budging my ticker this week either. Aunt Flo arrived on the very day I weigh in so I was not surprised. Next week I just know I'll be in 170 land. I haven't been bad so I know it is nothing food wise. Before this would give me the license to give up but not now. Last night my sweet husband said he could see I had lost weight and all my clothes are alot looser so I am still happy.

Even though I did not over do it over the holidays it is still hard to get that weight loss jump started again. But I know by the Holidays next year I will have built a solid base of weight loss that will stay off.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Amanda- I agree I know that the scale will move next week so I'm not going to stress about it.

Just checking in quickly to bump us back to the front page. More later.

Tonkasmom
01-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Just a quick helloo..........................don't have much time- Hope everyone is great.

stagemomx3
01-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Well we are heading into the weekend, what is everyone's plan of action for Saturday and Sunday. The weekend is the hardest time for me to stay op eating wise.

OBsMama
01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Water, water, water.And the fact that we really need to go grocery shopping.
I am just now trying to talk myself out of asking Spencer if he would like to go out to breakfast, one I don't need breakfast out and 2 I need to stop eating out.

Is anyone using ***********.com? I signed up yesterday and it is so much better than fitday.com and still free. I am just calorie counting so it is great for me.

:drill:Roll Call
Come out of the wood works and be accounted for. Did anyone lose this week?

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Amanda what are you using for your food/calorie counter? I use ediets but it's not free. I don't like fitday, it doesn't ever have what I need and it's a little to complicated.

I signed up for The Biggest Loser club, but I'm going to cancel it. They don't really have anything that I need. There is no food/calorie counter, the menus are ok, but complicated to modify to your own personal tastes, and so far I don't really like their message boards. So I don't think I need to spend $20 a month to be there!

I've got to clean house today, and I don't want too!

stagemomx3
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Cleaning finished, hurray! Now I have to take Adam's friend home, he slept over last night, and then grocery shopping.

stagemomx3
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Grocery shopping finished. Well, the majority of it is done. We went to Costco and got that part of the shopping done. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow to get some things, that we don't buy at Costco.

DawnJohn
01-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Weekends are hard for me too, especially when my DH is home, he also surprised me last night with dinner reservations at my favourite Italian restuarant in town. He evened arranged the sitter, so sweet. However I was all pumped up to stay on plan but when I got there I decided to enjoy myself and had my usual. (no pop or wine though) Hope the scale doesn't show it. Back op today, egg whites and oatmeal with cinnamon and apples this morning, and lots of water. Workout done for the day.

Tomorrow I weigh myself. A little scared as I don't trust my scale. I swear I ould stand on it 10 times in a row and it will give me a different weight everytime. So I never really know how well I'm doing.

Have a great day.

Dawn

OBsMama
01-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Michelle, I don't know why 3FC blocked it out but I have been using *******. Let's see if that gets through their filters. If not I'll private message it to you. Put the 2 words together and add a .com to the end and their you have it ***********.com. I just joined. It is free and so much better than Fitday.com. I really like it.

I was on plan until the afternoon until I went to my folks house for dinner. steak and bake potato. Yummy. But I think I may have gone up to 2000 calories so still over but not by much. I will be good today.

I need to go grocery shopping as well. I missed the 10 for 10 at Kroger yesterday but I think I can still find some good bargins today. I went to Costco on Friday but with only 2 adults eating real food. It hasn't become quite the shopping bargin. We don't eat alot of prepackaged food and I don't have a freezer but I am sure when Oliver gets bigger and if another Oliver comes along it will become a better deal.

My mommy walking buddies have canceled on me so just me and the pooch this morning.

Have a great day,
Amanda

stagemomx3
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Good Morning!

Dawn- It sounds like your dinner out was wonderful. I hope you truely enjoyed yourself!

Amanda- Steak and bake potato don't sound to bad eating wise. I don't like steak so I'm not tempted by it!

I'm off to the regular grocery store this morning and then I'm watching football this afternoon.

Go Steelers!

OBsMama
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Off to the store to buy salad fixins. I realized I had 4 slices of bread today so none for me with dinner but I think a nice salad will be a great substitute.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm very crabby right now, it's major pms, and I'm just hiding out in my room until it's time to go to bed.

DawnJohn
01-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Good Morning,

:tread: Workout complete for the day. DS goes back to school today. :dance: Have to go pick up my textbooks for school today, hope the line isn't too long, taking DD(16mths), she gets crabby if she has to wait long.

Realized this morning when I went to update my tracker that I never updated last Monday. Went up 5 pounds over Christmas and AF. :nono: Anyways upto date now. Scale said I lost 10 pounds :cb: I'm very happy but I still don't believe it, I'm going to invest in a good quality scale then maybe I'll believe it. But it's a start and even if it's truly not 10 lbs and its only 5 that's good too.

Well gotta get the kids up soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Dawn

katnol60601
01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I know I'm going back a bit (it's hard to get on the computer over the weekends) but I had a similar "out of the mouths of babes" experience a few weeks ago too. We usually keep our bathroom door unlocked (only have 1 bathroom) and so my ds (3.5 yrs) walked in the other day after my shower and I happened to be on the potty. He asked what I was doing and then pointed to me and said, "fatty". I'm not really offended, he's just being honest, but I really don't want one of his early childhood memories to be of his fat mother on the john. So... a little motivation - and I've started locked the doors at least during shower time. lol.

I did get to move my ticker (WI = Sat). Yippee! Of course, my company party was Sat night and I know I over indulged. Back op today and hopefully I'll get to move another lb this Sat. Baby steps, baby steps...

Too - there is also a site that has a pretty comprehensive calorie list that's free. Search for "calorie counter database" in your browser. Not very high tech, but it has a lot of prepackaged and restaurant foods in their database.

backtome
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Happy Monday (ouch! it's hard to type that lol)

I was doing well last week but then I went to a funeral Friday and the luncheon.......I haven't had food that good in ages. Luckily, my weight didn't go up. Oh! And my Mom gave me 2 one pound boxes of Russell Stover chocolates on Saturday, needless to say they are both gone.

But so far this week I've been doing pretty good. I need to do better on the water though. I really like the ediets TrimKids menus. So far the girls like it as well, except getting used to the smaller portions will take time.

Thats it for me then! Hopefully next week my ticker will start to MOVE!!

Nancy

stagemomx3
01-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Dawn- Are you saying you lost 10 pounds since January started? Do I get to put those on the group ticker? I'll update it when you let me know what the January number is!

Kat- What was your weight loss, I need numbers so I can move the group ticker too!

:carrot: Congrats to both of you!!!:carrot:

Nancy- I'm glad the girls are enjoying the TrimKids menus that is fabulous! The chocolate, well not so fabulous! :hug:

Today has been a good day, except after getting home from work, now I have really bad cramps. I don't usually get cramps with af, but I do tonight. Hopefully they will subside by dinner time.

stagemomx3
01-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm off to bed now, but wanted to say goodnight, and bump us back up for tomorrow! ;0

chellefox
01-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Hi all!! Happy to see all the progress that is being made. Hopefully, I won't be on any major restrictions after my surgery and can start exercising. I start my pilates/yoga class tomorrow....hope I am not the biggest one there!! (Can you tell I am a little anxious???)

Classes started today and I am trying to figure out a routine for exercise. I hate to have an audience so I try and do it when no one is home....that is a little tricky though. I am hoping that DH will start spending a little more time at school doing computer work so that I can fit it in.

The funniest thing happened tonight before I came to work...my DS got a sweatshirt from his buddy for his birthday that was exactly the same as his buddy's. Tonight he had to call his buddy to make sure that they were going to dress the same. I was chuckling all the way to work. I thought that was only a girl thing but I guess not!:lol:

Well, I must get started on my homework...don't want to start the semester off behind!

DawnJohn
01-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Good morning,

Exercising complete again, I think I'm getting used to getting up at 5:30 and doing my treadmill, its so peaceful in the house, DH has long since gone to work and the kids are still sleeping. No one to watch me, cause I'm the same way Chelle, I don't like an audience. Have you ever done yoga before? I love it, my boss would cover the desk for me for an hour everyday so I could take the class. It's such a good workout, I used to ache in places I didn't know existed. I miss it now that I'm not working anymore and its not the same doing it at home. At least the instructors can tell you if you are doing it right or wrong.

Michelle, you can go ahead and move the ticker for Jan., I started on the 2nd and my scale is telling the truth, 10 lbs gone so far. (had to try them if I'm going to buy one right?) I also checked the accuracy of mine at home by weighing one of my hand weights, it weighed correctly. So I'm super pumped to get the next 65 pounds off now.

Anyway can hear my DD getting up, pounding on her crib rails.

Have a great day all.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Chelle- I thought that was a girl thing too, that is so funny. What surgery are you having done? Good luck with your new classes!

Dawn- I will move the ticker, but it may not happen until tomorrow, I'm running out of time this am, and the kids have dance and then theater auditions tonight so I probably won't be back on. Congrats again on the 10lbs.

I don't like an audience when I workout either, but I can handle it if there is one. Now anyway, it really bothered me when I first started and I didn't feel comfortable with the routines. My youngest son is the funniest, he likes to lay on the couch and critic me as I workout! I got up at 4:50am to workout today. I'm going to start longer hours at work Wednesday so I am going to have to get up a little earlier to get my workouts and my computer time in in the morning.

katnol60601
01-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Sorry Michelle - my weight loss was 1 lb.

Not much exciting happening here today. I'm disappointed that the gym in my building at work got rid of the towel service. I guess people had been stealing them. Who would take those things?! First of all - they are tiny! And the fluff factor is just non-existant. Anyway, now I need to bring in a small drying rack and a towel so I can pick up my routine (it's been suffering since the holidays). What a pain! :(

You ladies that get up and work out early in the AM rock! :carrot: I try to do that and the snooze button is just too inviting. So I have a question for y'all: are you morning people or did you motivate yourself in some way to get up and now it's just a habit?

OBsMama
01-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Bumping us from the second page;)

Kat, I am a morning person by nature. Always have been except for the teenage years. I loved taking early classes in college and being finished by 12:00. Before Oliver, I woke up around 4:00 to walk with a friend. That was motivation because if I didn't she would be standing out in the cold pissed. Now, I have to wake up early to be to work early. My problem is that I am not an afternoon or evening person and I can't motivate myself to workout after O. has gone to bed because all I want to do is go to bed.

Michelle, How many plays do you and the kids do a year? They will have such great memories of doing that with you.

Chelle, good luck on the operation.

Amanda

losethirtysomething
01-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I had a minute to update the group ticker with Kat's & Dawn's losses. We are on our way for January!

stagemomx3
01-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Gotta get to bed, but wanted to check in really quick. Good day today eating and exercise wise!

Our theater group does 3 plays a year, then the kids also do another play during summer camp the month of July.

Wishing you all a great start to your Wednesday "Hump" Day tomorrow.

DawnJohn
01-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Good morning all,

Kat -Like Amanda I've always been a morning person, I would much rather get up early and get things done, cause by about 8 pm (okay sometimes 7) I'm ready for bed. I am defiently not a nite person, once its quiet in the house the last thing I want to do is exercise, but it is a good time to get my homework done. No screaming or crying children.

Had a bad day yesterday, down in the dumps and ended up eating way too much junk, but back on plan this morning, though made waffles for the kids for breakfast and they smell sooooooooooooo good.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.
Dawn

katnol60601
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
4 AM!!! OMG! Obviously, I am not a morning person. Hhhhmmm... I'll have to figure something else out. :D

stagemomx3
01-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey all I think I'm going to have to start getting up even earlier now that I'm having to leave for work an hour earlier than I use to. I've been getting up at 5am to workout and have some 'puter time in the morning, now I only have time for the workout if I get up at 5. I'm going to try for 4:30 and see if that helps! I like my check in time in the morning!!!

Today has been a good day so far.

Dawn- I'm sorry yesterday was a struggle, but you are right moving on for today.

Kat- getting up early is an acquired taste!

DawnJohn
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
That's what I call dedication to exercise. I don't know if I could do quite that early. Good luck Michelle.

Amanda, your friend must really be worth getting up quite that early.

Today was a better day, was hoping for a quiet day with DD and I but freezing rain kept my DS home from school and my husband was sent home early. There went my quiet day!!! I was hoping to study for my math test at school tomorrow, but no such luck. Now that they are all in bed, I don't feel like studying I just want to lay down and watch Law and Order!

Stayed on plan today, kids and husband even had McDonald's for lunch and I didn't.

Gotta go, DS calling.
Good Night.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Just a quick note- I'm heading off to bed. I've got one sick child that will have to stay home tomorrow, luckily my dad can stay with him.

Tomorrow night we have our first rehearsal for The King and I. Hopefully I will have time after my workout in the morning to check in with you all!

chellefox
01-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey All!!!

MichelleI am having a D/C and an IUD placed to see if it will control all the bleeding I have been having for the last 3 years. It has gradually gotten worse and hopefully this will take care of it. The bleeding is one of the reasons I do not exercise. My cycle goes something like this: 3 months of bleeding 2 weeks off, 3 mos of bleeding 2 weeks off....totally sucks and really interfers with trying to get pregnant again. The type of IUD I am getting has progesterone in it and is supposed to really limit the amount of bleeding because of the way it affects the uterine wall. We will see. Exercise just makes the bleeding worse:mad: Hope that wasn't TMI...

Surgery in the AM after work and I am a little anxious....I am sure things will be fine, and i have had several surgies before, but I think now that I am a mommy, I am nervous and full of what if's....I expect that I won't be back on until this weekend some time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I cannot believe how early some of you guys get up!!!! I think that having to get up at 7 to get everyone ready for school is too early!!! I am definately a midmorning/early afternoon type of person. No evening exercise for me either because there are too many good things on tv!!:D :D :D

Well, I will talk to you girls later! I have to get back to work!

stagemomx3
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
:hug: Chelle- I'll be thinking of you today! I hope your surgery goes well!

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1 pound. I should be thankful after my weekend of pms cravings, and it being TOM. Hopefully next week will see a bigger drop. I don't think I'm going to make my Superbowl goal, but I would like to get out of the 190s before the end of the month! DH's work holiday party is January 27th, so 3 weeks away, 4 pounds by then should be do able!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

OBsMama
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Luck Chelle:crossed: I had a d&c after my 2nd miscarriage and it was the easiest part of the miscarriage. I went to sleep, no time passed and I woke up. You will do fine. The progesterone released will be just like taking the pill continuously but without such a large dose. Chances are you will not have a period at all. I hate having a period for 3 days so I can't imagine 3 months.

:goodscale:Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I have been very good this week so I hope I see 170 land tomorrow or at the very least 180.

I left my lunch on the bus this morning!!!!!So, I have to buy lunch today. I can't believe I am actualy bummed to say that. I have been on a roll with watching money and I am afraid if I buy lunch once I'll get a taste for it and revert to my old ways of eating lunch out all the time. It is just like eating one Cheezit, if I eat one then one more then one more............Salt and wheat are my trigger foods.

Have a great day,
Amanda

O>K> one more funny but kind of gross thing. Since I have been such a good girl I have found that I am much more regular.

DawnJohn
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi ladies,

Chelle, hope surgery goes well. I'll be thinking about you.

First day back at school, it's so nice to be getting out of the house and associating with adults!! Had my math test today, we have to get 90% to continue in the nursing program. I did okay I only got 3 wrong but I'm not sure what it's out of, I'll find out next week.

Am having a major sugar craving today but am trying my hardest to resist. Hoping to make it thorugh the day without any.

Well gotta go, gotta make supper and do my houseclenaing I didn't do before leaving this morning.

Good night all,
Dawn

stagemomx3
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
:nono: I am no longer allowed to buy Luna bars! They are definetly a trigger food for me. Now in order to stay within my calorie limit, I must not eat one more thing and it's 5pm!!! :eek:

losethirtysomething
01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I updated the ticker with my one pound weight loss.

OBsMama
01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Move it down 1 more for me!!!!!:goodscale: I was hoping for more but since I have not gotten fully back on the excersize wagon I will take it.

My baby slept throught the night!!!!!!!:angel: I can't believe it.

Not much going on here this weekend. We are going to watch football at my grandparents. I am not a big football person I do like to have it on in the background. It makes me feel cozy. I will have to resist temptation I know my grandma will have a spread out.

I am hoping back on the Nordic Track tonight and am going to follow some of the strength training excersizes on ***********.com

What are your plans for the weekend?

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Good Morning! I got up at 4:45 and got my workout in.

DH is taking me out to dinner for my birthday tonight. The rest of the weekend will be devoted to football. GO SEAHAWKS & STEELERS!!! Sunday night I'm making dinner for my brothers' and their wives. I'm looking foward to it.

TGIF everyone!

OBsMama
01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
:gift: Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day and your dinner out!!!!

stagemomx3
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Thank you Amanda! I'lll go move the ticker one more pound for you in just a little bit! Congrats on that one pound!

losethirtysomething
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Group ticker update. Whoo hoo we are almost half way there.

stagemomx3
01-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I enjoyed my dinner and dessert out, though I am feeling uncomfortably full! My youngest has been sick the last two days, running a fever, and he is sleeping in my bed right now. DH and I didn't get much sleep last night because he was in here and restless. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight. Tomorrow it's a cardio workout, house cleaning, and football!

OBsMama
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Fell off the wagon yesterday afternoon. 2 cookies and a cheesburger and beer for dinner. I let the pound go to my head. I am going to try not to let myself go crazy at my grandma's this afternoon.

I think we need a group challenge. for next week. Anyone?

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Good Morning! How is everyone's weekend starting out. Mine is good, except I have a sick child. He's been sick for three days now. Not to sick, just a slight fever, and coughing. I'm pretty sure he's on the recovery track now. DH and I had a good time at dinner last night, I was still in bed by 8:30 pm though. I'm going out to a dueling piano bar with friends tonight. It should be fun.

Amanda- What kind of group challenge do you want to have?

DawnJohn
01-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Good Afternoon,

Weekend good so far, got up a 6 am to be ready with the kids by 7:30 to go look at some equipment we are going to buy so didn't get my workout in yet today. I'll try and do it later.

Michelle, happy belated birthday, I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your husband, it's so hard to go out as much anymore so when we do get out togehter we cherish it.

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss, I'm sure we'll make our goal this month. I sneaked a peak at the scale yesterday and it looks like i've lost another 3 or 4 pounds but I don't officially weigh in until Monday so I'll let you know.

Michelle, what's a Luna bar? We used to have these Sweet Escapes bars from Hershey up here. They were my salvation on WW, they made these 16 g bars and they were only 2 points each so I got my treat everyday and if you kept them in the firdge the caramel got chewy which just seemed to make them more satifsying. But the company discontinued them, I was so upset. :(

Anyway gotta get some homework done, have a great weekend everyone.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Dawn a Luna bar is a protein bar, I like the Zesty Lemon ones, but I tend to over do it when I have one. Then I want another one, and another one. I just need to not even have one!

The SEAHAWKS won! I'm happy, but my stress eating during the game was out of control!

stagemomx3
01-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Good Morning! Just checking, it's early, I try on the weekends to keep close to the same hours as during the work week. It makes it easier for me come Monday morning. :D Tomorrow is a no school day for MLKJ day, and I'm planning on getting an extra workout in, since it'll just be the kids and I here. It is always harder for me to workout when DH is home. In a few hours it will be time for me to watch football! http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/stagemomx3/pittssteelerheart.gif

I am not going to allow myself to just munch mindlessly like I did yesterday during the Seahawk game!

OBsMama
01-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I am doing so badly this weekend. I have had several cookies and last night I just pigged out at my grandparents. I didn't even do this bad over the holidays. I did walk this morning with the pooch for 1 hour but I feel like I have completely negated it with my eating. I need work to keep on schedule and tomorrow I have off!!!!!!But another long walk with the dog and maybe some NordicTrack will help me get back on track.

I have to remember this is part of my pattern. I do well for a while and then slip back into old ways. I have no choice I am technicaly obese. I am so obese that I qualified for a study. My BMI is 31. Time to take the reverse anorexia goggles off. It may be time for a picture. That will snap me out of it.

Amanda

backtome
01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Goodmorning!!

I weighed myself today and (drumroll please!)

I lost 4lbs!!! :) :) :)

Now how do I move my darn ticker??

Nancy

katnol60601
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone! Hope your weekends were good. Ours was not too bad, even though the Bears did terribly. :( We had the family over yesterday so I definitely need to get back op this week. Good thing WI was Sat. (no up, no down)

Amanda I am totally up for any kind of challenge - I need something to kick me in the butt. And speaking of - I'm going to head out for a quick walk.

DawnJohn
01-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Happy Monday everyone,

Amanda, I'm sorry you had a bad weekend, I can relate. I find it so hard to stay op when the family is home, our meals are at odd times and company arrives. I'm like you if I slip a little I'll end up slipping a lot. But I've told myself it's not a failure if I overindulge, you simply get back on track the next morning. We're worth it. :D

Joined Curves this morning, they weighed me. According to their scale there's no change this week. They recommend 3 workouts per week and have told me not to weigh myself for the next 4 weeks!!! :nono: How am I going to manage that feat. I guess I'll try my best but my new scale from Sears will be in tomorrow.

Nancy - congrats on the 4 lbs :carrot:

Anyways back to my bookkeeping.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-16-2006, 03:35 PM
:D My Steelers and my Seahawks won! :carrot: Happy Dance :carrot:

Aww my eating SUCKED though this weekend! I'm back on track today.

Nancy- Congrats on the 4 lbs, I'll go change the group ticker in a little bit. To change your ticker, you click on it, make a new one, and then go change your signature from the old url to the new one.

Dawn- I don't think I could go 4 weeks without weighing. I need the accountability of a weekly weigh in!

Amanda- It's MONDAY we need to set a challenge!

How about at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise at least 3 days this week?

losethirtysomething
01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Group Ticker updated with Nancy's -4lbs! We ROCK! :carrot:

stagemomx3
01-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Alright I added in my extra 30 minutes of cardio this afternoon. I love no school days!

DawnJohn
01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
30 mins of cardio 3 times a week sounds good to me.

I don't think I can go without weighing myself either. Its going to be tough but I'll try and do it. Seems like a long time away though.

Have a great night.

Dawn

OBsMama
01-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Jan 16 -Jan 22 Challenge
Cardio at least 30 minutes at least 3 times a week
For every 30 minutes add one :cb: to your post .

I did horrible eating today again. Fine for breakfast but I had lunch with my mom and we ordered delicious brushetta. But dinner will be better and I go back to work tomorrow so I know I can keep on plan at work. I broke down and bought 2 new pair of pants at Old Navy (5.00 a pair) one is a size 16 and one and 18. The 18 is still fitting better so that was it was a good dose of anti reverse anorexia medicine for me.

Way to go Nancy :cheer: How are your girls doing?

I have 5 days to move the scale!!!I can do it!!!!!!!!I have to get off my a**. Nordic Track here I come.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Just to be clear on the challenge, it's at least 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times this week. That's the general challenge. For me since I'm already working out 5 to 6 days a week, I am going to add in at least 3 "extra" 30 minute cardio workouts on top of my regular workouts.

So today is: :carrot:

OBsMama
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
:cb: 30 minutes!!!!on the Nordic Track despite the baby going to sleep at 9:30.

Amanda

katnol60601
01-17-2006, 09:47 AM
:cb: 30 minutes this morning for me running/walking before work! Now I need some caffeine. :^:

stagemomx3
01-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Morning! I did my workout this morning, which included 30 minutes of cardio, but since it's my scheduled workout and not "extra." I'm not counting it towards the challenge.

I also need my caffeine now.

I have jury duty today, so I'm not sure when I'll get to check back in.

OBsMama
01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Michelle, you are such a show off;) I tell you what do the :carrott: for the extra cardio and do a :cb: for your regular, 30 minutes of cardio. Maybe once I get my 3 :cb: I'll add a :carrot: for anything above and beyond I do.

Amanda
:cb:

OBsMama
01-17-2006, 10:11 AM
:carrot:=extra cardio
:cb:=30 mintute cardio session

chellefox
01-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi all!!!

Just thought I would catch you up on everything. I cannot exercise yet due to the surgery and complications.

I went in for the d/c and IUD on Thursday morning and because I have a bigenimy heart rhythm, they put me on antibiotics, vancomyacin, which I turned out to be allergic to and had a vasovegal response to-- that means I lost my blood pressure and had a pulse of 30....not so great. That is the worst feeling in the world because you know what is going on but you cannot do anything about it. Luckily, my nurse was right there all the time and caught it quickly. After the surgery, Thurs and Fri, I felt fine, perfect actually, so I should have known it was too good to be true. On Sat, I woke up with the chills and general crappiness feelings and had to go to the er to have the IUD removed. I slept all day sun and mon and am now beginning to almost feel human.

I also found out that I have a very small uterus and that it is full of scarring. I was basically lucky to have my ds and probably won't be able to every have any more. Up until then, I had the hope that I might be able to have one more if we could just get the hormones back in sync, but now I guess not. Being a girl really sucks sometimes!!!! and of course, dh has no idea about anything. I am jsut feeling sorry for myself right now since nothing is working out how I expected it to. I know htat I can always adopt but I really enjoyed being pregnant and was looking forward to it. Now I am ready to just rip out all of my failing organs and go from there. Yes, there are still some wild hormones circulating about, can you tell???!!!!

Alright, enough of that. As soon as I get the okay, I will be out there exercising too.

Have a great day ladies!

OBsMama
01-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Chelle, I bet once you get your weight down your hormone levels will level out and you will be able to get pg again. Insulin resistence can be a source on infertility. I went through 2 miscarriages and was positive that I would never be able to carry a child but I did and I had lots of scar tissue. Don't give up. Who know, with your "D/C, dustin and cleaning" and a little rectless behavio on your part.........After my d/c my doc warned us to hold off trying babydancing that month if we were not emotionaly ready to be pg. She has had alot of patient who have gotten pg right afterwards. Just when you give up you will find yourself pg again. I loved being pregnant too.

I hope you don't think me rude or nosey. I just know the dispair associate with gyn issues.

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Not trying to show off, just being honest, it would be easy for me to claim victory over the challenge, without it actually challenging me. I didn't want to do that.

Also anytime we can get dancing fruit and veggies in our posts we should go for it.

Chelle- ((((HUGS))))) Things will look better once the hormones calm down! I had a D&C after my first miscarriage, then a second miscarriage, and then 3 beautiful children. I don't know much about the size of the uterus or scarring issues, but I wouldn't give up hope of getting pregnant again just yet!

I have at least one more day of jury duty, today we got to go home early!

chellefox
01-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words girls!!! I was thinking of going crazy on the babymaking once the bleeding stops....who knows where I am in my cycle right now! but a little practice never hurt huh!!!

I am starting to get all the extra progesterone out of my system now and I can totally tell!! I did nothing but cry for the last 2 days over nothing!!! I was trying to make some dr's appts for my heart and with my new pcp and cried all the way thru it! I felt like such a dope!

I am feeling better now though, I am finally hungry (may or maynot be good:dizzy: ) and just a little dizzy from the meds. I have a week off and by then I should be good to go!

Thanks for the support! You guys are the best!!!!

DawnJohn
01-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Good evening everyone,

Chelle- my heart goes out to you. I've been lucky not to have had the expericences that a lot of you have had. I was lucky and got pregnant quite easily, I got pg woth my second after 9 months with no period. I loved being pregnant but I didn;t have an easy time with either. I was sick almost at the way through my first, I was sick the whole 9 months with my DD and she even tried to come early 3 times, the first at 30 weeks, then ofcourse she was a week overdue. Go figure. But I'd do it all again if I could. I wish you all the luck with whatever happens in the future, I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time. :hug:

Okay so onto the challenge, got an extra 30 mins of cardio in today :tread: on top of my usual 35 mins so that means I get a :carrot: and a :cb:, is that right?

Made caramel sticky buns for the family today, they are sooooooooooo good and smelly heavenly. :hungry: I treated myself to one after dinner (i had saved some of my calories just so I could) but now I'm going to bed because the temptation to have another one is just too strong. Maybe they'll magically disappear by the morning and I won't be tempted.:nono:

Good night everyone,
Dawn :dance:

stagemomx3
01-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Forgot to give myself :cb: for my workout this morning!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/stagemomx3/goseahawks.gif

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/stagemomx3/pittssteelerheart.gif

DawnJohn
01-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Worlkout one for the day, another 65 mins on treadmill. So I can give myself another :carrot: and :cb:.

How's everyone else doing on their challenge this week?

Have a great day.

stagemomx3
01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/lucy_jump.gif

Good Morning! I did not wake up early enough to get my workout in this am. That is what I usually expect the morning after rehearsal. So I will either have to squeeze in a workout this evening before the kids have swim lessons, or double up tomorrow.

I've got to go back for the second day of jury duty today. We got to go home early yesterday, maybe that will happen again today! :D

So how many :carrot: and :cb: does everyone have for the week so far?

Monday- :carrot: :cb:
Tuesday- :carrot:
Wednesday- ?

OBsMama
01-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Good Moring Ladies!!!!!

I have been doing great with my eating, lousy with my water intake and good with the excersizing (but room for improvement)

Michelle, I am so impressed by you. Job, jury duty, rehearsals, kids and you fit all your working out in. You are a great example.

Chelle, I am glad you are doing better :hug:

Dawn, way to resist the sticky buns. I love to bake and have continued to do so but have just given it to other people. My husband swears I am trying to make him fat.

Monday::cb:
Tuesday: can I do 1/2 a banana
Wednesday:a banana to be

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-18-2006, 10:22 AM
:nono: Amanda no banana splicing! That would make a banana split and we can't have that! :D You can have your other half of banana IF you do another 15 minutes of cardio! :hug:

katnol60601
01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I woke up late this morning so I'll have to add my banana tonight. I did, however, resist all temptations to buy breakfast on my way to work (this is really my weakness) so I will give myself a :cp:

Chelle - fertility issues bite wind! :headache: You spend all this energy when you're young trying not to get pg and then no one tells you that you might have problems when you actually DO want to see the "+". Hang in there! :hug:

Weekly bananas:
Tuesday: :cb:

OBsMama
01-18-2006, 06:13 PM
O.k., I must tell you I might not be down this week. I was really bad this afternoon all in the name of science. I ate 2 McD's cinnamon buns, (590 calories apiece).

I don't know if I told you gals but I am in research at a large University. Well, posted on a board a few months ago (when I hit rock bottom) was a flyer looking for study subjects for an obesity study. I signed up and today was my day to a participate. They wanted subject with a BNI over 30 and mine is 31 and other than being a fat a** I am healthy and they were paying......So this afternoon they put me in an MRI, with a in my nose, blew banana scent and cinnamon scent in and scanned my brain. Then they took me out, made me 2 cinnamon bun (I could of had as many as I wanted), put me back in the MRI and did a second scan.

This will be a 2000 kind of day. I did eat well this morning and for lunch but I know I will be hungry for dinner so I can't just skip. But tonight is my :cb: banana night and maybe I'll be able to earn a :carrot: carrot as well.

Amanda

OBsMama
01-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Just finished a banana and a half so I am thinking 2 halves of a banana = 1 carrott. Just kidding. I need to do a full on carrot to earn it

Monday: :cb:
Wednesday: :cb:

Working off those cinnamon buns

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-19-2006, 02:56 AM
I have to go back again tomorrow for jury duty. We are still in the selection process for this jury pool! Also so far my eating has sucked! With my day being so unstructured I don't know what to pack, and we've been having lots of "down" time to just wander around downtown, so of course what do I do...eat.

Tonight I took the kids to see "Into the Woods" at a nerby high school. "Into the Woods" is my all time favorite muscle. We met up with a group of friends from our theater group, since one of the kids in the play is also part of our theater group. It was really fun, but the play didn't get over until 10pm, so it was about 10:45 before we got home and I got the kids into bed. We'll see if I can pry myself out of bed to workout tomorrow morning!

DawnJohn
01-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Good morning everyone,

Those d--- cinnamon buns are going to be the death of me. Husband has decided he doesn't want them so I wrapped them up and froze them. I wonder what frozen cinnamon buns would taste like. They are all I am thinking about!!!!! :)

Started at Curves yesterday. What a workout, it's a lot harder than it looks.:strong: but I think I'll be able to stick with it. The hardest part is trying to find someone to watch my kids when I go, luckily they are open till 8 pm most nights so I can go after I get Sarah in bed.

Workouts so far this week:

Tuesday: :cb: and :carrot:
Wed: :cb: and :carrot:
Thurs: :cb:

:dance:

katnol60601
01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning. Y'all need to quit talking about cinnamon buns b/c you're making me hungry! ;) I only did 10 minutes on the elliptical last night (but I did clean the basement afterwards) so no banana for yesterday. I get one today though - another run/walk sesson before work.

Tuesday::cb:

Thursday::cb:

DawnJohn
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Good Morning all,

Sorry Kat, no more talk of cinnamon buns:dizzy:

Exercise done for the day, tried to do 65 minutes but DD got up earlier than I expected. So only got 40 mins instead. So today I get a :cb:.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-20-2006, 10:04 AM
I did not get on the jury, so it's back to work today. I will catch up more later.

OBsMama
01-20-2006, 10:07 AM
The cinnamon buns (sorry Kat) did me in. The scale did not move at all this week despite a 1 hour walk on Sunday, walking a **** of alot of stairs and 3 25 minute sessions on the Nordic Track. However, I am not discouraged. I have no choice. I just can't be fat anymore.

I thought of something this morning. My weight and money issues are all about choices. Choices that I have to think about and not ignore and let the pieces fall where they may. I have a choice to control my money and my weight. So this morning, I had missed the first bus so I started huffing it to campus (about 20 blocks) as I reach block 5, I saw a bus I could take but I didn't I kept going and made it the full 20 blocks and walked 5 flights of stairs to boot. Choices. I took the easy way out in not resisting delicious tidbits. Now I have to take the hard way out by choicing not to eat those delicious tidbits.

Tuesday: not counting 1/2 banana
Thursday: :cb:
Friday: :cb:

I am back on the wagon and I may even be driving,
Amanda

OBsMama
01-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I wonder why my signature is no longer coming up?

OBsMama
01-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I swear I am not crazy!!!

mac1974
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi I have been lurking around, posted in the need a buddy and thought that I might join this group. I am 31, and need to loose about 60 pounds.

OBsMama
01-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome aboard MAC, we would love to have you.

Want to give us some background? Everyone on has been very supportive and full of great advice.

I am Amanda
work full time cancer research
Very Proud mother of a 13 month old son
Loving husband, Spencer
Crazy dog Birdie
3 legged cat Edward
And 1 very fat a**
emotional eater

DawnJohn
01-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Welcome Mac,

It would be nice to get to know you. Here's my background:
Amanda I am stealing your format.

I am Dawn
32 yrs old
own Logging Truck Co with husband
bookkeeper/office manager for above
nursing student
mother to 2 beautiful children - Nathan 4 yrs, Sarah 16 mths
husband, Ray
3 cats
2 dogs
determined to lose this weight
emotional eater as well, usually when I'm bored

mac1974
01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I am 31 married with 2 boys - 11 and 8 - they are the best
I work in a municipal office
I am also responsible for my 86 year old grandmother which she had lived with us for a while but things got to hard so she had to go into a home so this leaves me feeling horribly guilty - then I eat.
I am a stress eater
lately i have been using slimfast to get me started. I like the taste of it and i find that it helps me curb my appetite and when I do eat food I dont seem to eat as much lol it's all in my head.
I try to exercise on treadmill or a video each day - i need help with that one..
Anyway I wanted to join some type of support system and this seems like a great place...:) :)

DawnJohn
01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Good morning all,

Hope everyone's weekends are going great. I've been trying to stay op all weekend, so far I've done pretty well, I let my self have a very small hot fudge sundae last night as a treat.

Anyways how is everyone doing on the extra cardio challenge this week? I finally got my last extra cario in today. Here's my week:
Monday - :cb:
Tuesday - :cb: & :carrot:
Wednesday - :cb: and :carrot: plus Curves workout
Thurs - :cb:
Fri - :cb: plus Curves workout
Sat - :cb:
Sun - :cb: and :carrot:

Mac- It must be hard having to see someone you love so much have to be put in a home, my uncle has severe alzhiemers and finally had to be put into a home, my aunt was devasted but she just couldn't do it alone anymore. Don't feel guilty, I'm sure your grandmother is been taken care very well and is in the best spot possible. :hug:
I tried Slimfast too, the choclate was my favourite flavour, only problem was that I didn't find it satisfying enough and ended up snacking way too much. Good luck to you.

Dawn:dance:

OBsMama
01-22-2006, 12:44 PM
WAy to go on the workouts Dawn.

I did really well this week with the working out part so I hope this kick starts me back into business.

I do think my scale battery is dying. I placed my weights on it, 10 pound and the firt time it read 10.5, then 11 then 13!!!!! I will replace it first then if that doesn't work the whole scale.

Week workout challenge:
Tuesday: not counting 1/2 banana
Friday: :cb:
Saturday: no banana
Sunday: :cb: :carrott:

Amanda

:welcome3: again Mac

OBsMama
01-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Morning all,

I started the day on a horrible note and ate a bagel egg sandwhich. The baby was throwing up most of the night and I have wrenched my back and I just gave in :(

I did so well with my excersizing last week. I hope I don't blow it this week. I wouldn't blow it this week.

How is everyone else doing?

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Hello Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, I got sidelined by horrible headaches all weekend! I'm feeling better today.

Extra Cardio Challenge report for last week-

Monday :carrot: :cb:
Tuesday :carrot:
Wednesday :carrot:
Thursday :carrot: :cb:
Friday :carrot:

Only two extra cardios so I didn't make the challenge. I plan on going for it again this week. How about everyone else?

Welcome Mac :welcome2: Glad you joined us.

I'm Michelle mother to 3, a girl 10, and two boys almost 9 and 7.5.

Amanda- The boards are set up so your signature only shows up on your first post on the page.

I've got to get my eating back on track this week. Having a headache all weekend really made it rough!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Oh yeah
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/stagemomx3/goseahawks.gif

DawnJohn
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Good Morning all,

I'm up for the same challenge this week. Haven't got my workout in yet today and am feeling really guilty about it. Dozed off infront of the tv last night and then couldn't get to sleep until 1 am. So not like me. Anyways I slept in this morning and nothing could get me out of bed at 5:30 to workout. I plan on doing it when I put Sarah down for her nap at 1.

I can't wait until tongiht though, I get my 'me' time at Curves. I really look forward to going, isn't that weird?:dizzy:

Today is my usual weigh in day though I'm trying hard to stick to not weighing myself for the next month. I will weigh myself before the end of Jan so that if I've lost any pounds we can count them on the slider.

katnol60601
01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone. Busy weekend - the baby was sick & we had a bunch of stuff to do around the house... needless to say the plan went out the window. Luckily, my WI was Saturday and woo-woo... I lost a pound. Hopefully I'm done with the 170's for good. No - I'm going to revise that statement: I AM DONE with the 170's forever!!! :D

Last week's cardio challenge looked like this for me:
Tuesday: :cb:
Sunday: :cb:

I'm up for doing it again this week. I'm going out of town on Wednesday - so I could use some motivation to get moving.

And welcome Mac. I'm Kat. 35 with 2 munchkins: 3.5 yrs & 10.5 months - both boys. I work ft and am definitely in the stress-eating club.

stagemomx3
01-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow I can't believe how tired I am, and it's just after 8pm. I've got to head off to bed. Today was good day eating wise. I didn't get my workout in though. See you all on Tuesday!

DawnJohn
01-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Good Morning everyone

Okay so I cheated at not stepping on the scale for a month. Please someone explain to me why after 3 1/2 weeks of steady exercise and watching what I am eating have I not lost anymore weight? It's rather depressing actually.

Workout are going well so far this week:

Mon - :cb: and :carrot: (increased my speed to 3.5 mph for full 65 mins and did almost 4 miles) and a Curves workout
Tues - :cb:

OBsMama
01-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Dawn, maybe things are just shifting and you are building muscle or maybe you are just retaining water. What diet are you doing? Are you getting enough protein?

Oliver still sick so so working out yesterday and a horrible day eating wise. I had to grab what I could between holding him. Throwing up diarrehea is no fun for anyone. But he appears to be on the mend so hopefully tonight I can get some NordicTrack time in.

I here him, gotta go,

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-24-2006, 10:07 AM
:cb: Tuesday
Gotta go make my coffee :coffee2: and get the kids up for school. I won't be back til late tonight, we have rehearsal. Have a great Tuesday everyone, and drink your water!

DawnJohn
01-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Amanda,

I'm doing a modified version of the 6 Week Body Makeover. Its 6 small meals a day with lean protein at 5 of them. So I think I'm getting enough protein, I am wondering though if maybe it's just not enough calories to keep my body out of starvation mode. Now that I am doing my exercising quite heavily
I'm thinking I'll switch back to WW which will give me more variety and maybe more calories. What do you think?

Other than that I don't know what else to do, this is what happened last winter when I tried to jump start my weight loss and I got discouraged and quit. I don't want to fail this time!!! :(

Talk to you tomorrow.

Dawn

OBsMama
01-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Dawn, what is your calorie range? From what I read it is best to stay somewhere around 1500. Do you use spark people .com? If not go there (it is free) and do the profile and it will give you a range.

Oliver is still feeling bad. Still vomitting and diarrehea. We went to the doc today to make sure he wasn't dehydrated.

I did not get any excersize in today either but I think I did better with my calorie intake. Right now I am resisting the urge for a midnight (10:40) snack.

Amanda

DawnJohn
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Morning everyone,

Amanda- I'm not sure what the caloric intake of the plan is but when I logged most of my things into fitday it came out as close to maybe 1000 cals which is why I've modified it a bit, but maybe still not enough. I'll try the site you recommend something has to happen soon.

Haven't got my workout in yet for the day. Husband called this morning. He's had an accident with our logging truck, he's okay, thank god. The truck however, is not. He's waiting for the tow truck to come and get him $125 per hour so I'm looking at probably close to $1000 by the time we get the truck home. :mad:

Plus all the damages, already need a new windshiled, new hood ($4000) yikes and god knows what else. If I can stay op today it will be a miracle.

Anyways gotta go put some cash down on my VISA so I can pay the tow truck driver.

See you all later

Dawn :stress:

OBsMama
01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Dawn, I am glad your husband is ok. Car problems are the worst.

I would definately take in more than 1000 calories a day. Your body is thinking I have to hold on to everything I have. I bet jumping back up to around 1500-1700 would do the trick.

Oliver still sick:( but I think I am going to bundle him up and get us both some fresh air. I think it will reinvigorate us both.

Amanda
no :cb: or :carrot: this week :nono:

DawnJohn
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi all,

Well th friend tow truck is bringing the truck home, I'm almost afraid to go an look at it. It means no more work for the rest of the week which kind of sucks because our layoff period is coming up and we needed the savings to get through. I guess that's life huh.

I am going to get my WW books back from my friend today, I've been eating more today, I think the other plan just wasn't gving me enough food. So we'll see how WW does this time.

Got my workout in for the day, yeah so I can add a :cb: and a :carrot: plus I go to Curves tonight again, looking forward to that.

Amanda, I'm sorry to hear that Oliver is still sick, it's so hard when they can't really tell you what's wrong and to have to watch them suffer. I think the fresh air would be good for both of you.

Well gotta go,
Thanks for all your advice Amanda.

Dawn

OBsMama
01-26-2006, 09:54 AM
I am doing horribly!!!!Help!!!! I feel my feet slipping. Being off track this week because of Oliver being sick has shaken my whole foundation. I just feel like slacking. I had a egg, cheese, sausage!!!!!! bagel this morning for breakfast!!!!!! And pizza for dinner last night:( :( :( :( :( :(

And now I think I am getting a cold!!!!!!!!!!

I think for next week I am going to follow the spark people menu and hopefully I can get myself back on track. When I first started losing I changed something little every week. I think I need to get back into that groove.

Well, off to fight my ticket for a lapsed inspection. Did I tell you gals that it was given to me by a cop on horseback!!!!! :lol:

Amanda

Roll Call :drill:
All lurkers report in

DawnJohn
01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Good Morning all,

Amanda - Don't get discouraged, we've all been there, try following spark people for a few days and I'm sure that will get you back on track. I find the weekends hard because that when there's choas around the house so I sometimes fall off the wagon but just keep telling yourself you'll do it. And I'm sure once Oliver is feeling better you'll find it easier to stick to plan because the stress of worrying over him will be gone. Keep your chin up, you can do it. :hug:

I didn't think they still had cops on horseback. Good luck in court! :rolleyes:

I'm going to give myself a break from exercise today,I've done something to my neck and shoulder, I can barely turn my head to the right. It's killing me, maybe I've been overdoing it this week. Crazy thing is I'm disappointed that I can't exercise today.

Where is everyone else? I feel like you and I are the only ones posting lately.

Well gotta go, can hear Sarah having a party in her room.

Have a great day.

Dawn

PS: Got our truck home, not as bad as anticipated and we went back to work today. :cp:

OBsMama
01-27-2006, 09:23 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
My husband is now sick. I was going to work today but I can't leave O. with him.

I am feeling better today. They are sleeping and I am getting alot of chores done.My mom is coming down this afternoon so I'll be able to go to work for a few hours at least. I actually miss walking the stairs at work.

Court went ok. He dropped the fine 35.00 and made me pay the court costs 57.00. I could have payed around 90.00 some so I am happy.

Dawn, I live in a city and in the historic area where I live there are routinely cops on horseback. We were at a 4 way stop when he saw my expired inspection and he motioned me to pull over. Very civilized. When I reached for my registration, I saw the expired inspection and knew what he had me. I guess it was a banner day for him. I can't imagine they write too many tickets. Just when I feel I am getting ahead a little, I am hit with yet another bill.

I agree where is everyone.

DawnJohn
01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Amanda,

Hope your husband and Oliver are feeling better tonight, I'm glad you are feeling better and that you'll get a break, even if it does mean going to work.

I think ilt would be neat seeing horseback police, the only police we have on horseback are the RCMP and they are only on horseback for performances.

Got my Curves workout in tonight, but I am still going to skip the treadmill, but I feel so guilty about it. Today was an excellent day food wise, I stuck to my WW points perfectly today, I even have upto 7 1/2 points left tonight so I'm going to treat myself to some sugar free ice cream.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Dawn

PS: Bills suck!!! :)

stagemomx3
01-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone! I have not been doing very well the last few days, mostly due to feeling sorry for myself about a few things. I will get myself back on track though. I'm starting a 3 month Flab to Firm challenge on Sunday.

OBsMama
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Michelle, what does your flab to firm challenge entale? You have been doing so well, 18 pounds. You can do it!!!!!!

Oliver is still not any better. So another day stuck at home with nothing to do but eat. DH and I have snotty colds and headaches. What a family.

I am determined to go on my mommy only walk tomorrow. We are missing a beautiful day here. In the 60s.

Off to tend to my babies,
Amanda

stagemomx3
01-28-2006, 06:33 PM
The Flab to Firm challenge is from the Firm website. It's a 3 month eating and exercise program. I love my Firm workouts, and I'm hoping the eating program will really work for me. Of course it will only work if I actually do it!! So it really is all up to me!

DawnJohn
01-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Good evening everyone,

Michelle it's nice to hear from you, I'm sorry things haven't been going well lately. I really think it has to do with the time of year. The Winter Blahs.

Amanda - I went to fit day and they say my caloric intake should be about 1300-1700 per day so I'm going to mid-range it. I've been sticking to my WW these past few days, I wish though that I knew their carlorie breakdown in their Points program, it would help me stay in check. Sorry to hear that Oliver is still sick, I'm sure he'll be on the mend soon.

I got my third extra cardio in today, I felt so guilty about not walking yesterday that I made sure I did it today.

Have a great night everyone.

Dawn

stagemomx3
01-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Good Morning! How is everyone today? I don't really know what to do with myself with no football to watch today! :D

I started my new eating plan for Flab to Firm today, ok so I've only had my coffee but I am starting it today. :coffee2: I went grocery shopping yesterday and got what I needed for at least the first few days. I get overwhelmed trying to shop for to many days!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

stagemomx3
01-29-2006, 04:52 PM
So far so good today. It really does feel good to have my eating back under control. I like structure and order, lists, and calendars. That is what works for me! I've got a dinner/silent auction fundraiser to go to tonight, but I've already made a plan for the food, and I know I will be fabulous. Tomorrow starts the fitness portion of my Flab to Firm challenge, today was a rest day. I'll check in later tonight on all of you!

DawnJohn
01-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone's weekend went better than mine, had to get m y husband to take me to the ER this morning. My right arm and neck had been sore the other day but it seemed to disppear until last night when I rolled over in bed. Apparently I 've pulled all the muscles in my right shoulder and upper arm, I'm in so much agony, it's hurts to do anything. (My husband even had to dress me this morning) :lol:

Anyways I'm all drugged up now, hoping they kick in soon and not allowed to exercise until I'm mended, about a week is what I'm told. This totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even supposed to walk on my treadmill.:tantrum:

Good luck on the new program Michelle.

Talk to you all later.

Dawn

OBsMama
01-30-2006, 09:21 AM
O.K. so I went back ad at one time there were 10 of us committed and posting. Where has everyone gone????

:drill: roll call
Michelle
Chelle
Lori
Kimberlee M
jkurdock
CarolML
KAT
Nancy
Dawn
MAC

We need to be dedicated and enter February of the right foot then the left foot then the right foot and walk, jog, dance and firm our way into a great spring.

So to start the week out right:

Sunday: :cb:+ walked and hour
Monday: :cb: walked 21 blocks to work and climbed 4 stairs.

Water::rain:

:rain: = 8 oz of water

Amanda

chellefox
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone!

No, I did not die!! I don't have much time to post right now but I thought I would drop a quick line and let you know I am still here. I will be on later and catch up with all the posts. I am back to work this week and feeling much better that I have in the last couple of weeks.

I just wanted to give my weigh in and I am at 206. I have not lost any in the last couple of weeks but at least I didn't gain anything either! I am walking to school this morning so that will count for some exercise.

Have to get the kiddo ready for school!!!

OBsMama
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Chelle, glad to have you back. You will be wonderland by March. I knew it. I am glad you are feeling better. I walked to work today as well. I felt great when I got here.

OBsMama
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, only Chelle answered my call. Where is everyone? I will excuse you if you are off excersizing but come on do you think the weight is going to magicaly come off.

Sunday: :cb:+ walked an hour
Monday: :cb: walked 21 blocks to work and climbed 4 stairs.

Water: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

:rain: = 8 oz of water

Amanda

stagemomx3
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, only Chelle answered my call. Where is everyone?

Um at work! :p I've only got a few minutes and then I have to get the kids to swim lessons. Day 2 of my eating plan and all is going well. I haven't been sleeping well at all though, so my body has just refused to get up in the morning to workout. Hopefully tonight I will sleep better and tomorrow am I'll be back on track.

DawnJohn
01-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Just checking in, hopefully we'll all start posting again soon.

I could't not exercise any longer, I went 2 days without working out and I just felt gross so I walked today for 65 minutes and if my shoulder is feeling better I'm going to Curves tonight, I just won't workout my arms too much. I weighed myself this morning and still no loss. It's getting frustrating, however I am getting comments that I am looking slimmer. So something must be happening.

Anyways, gotta go talk to you all later.

Dawn

Monday - no exercise, doctors orders
Tuesday - :cb:
Water: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

katnol60601
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Answering the roll call real quick! Sorry I've been MIA. It sounds like a lot of us are having crappy weeks lately - maybe the end of January should be dubbed "crappy week" week. To make a short story short: Work has been terrible. Kids & self have been sick. One of my friends is moving. Grandma passed away. So needless to say, I have fallen off the wagon and it took off without me. I'm too scared to step on the scale. Hopefully this week will be better. And if anyone has any ideas on how to deal with stress without eating - I'd love to hear them.

stagemomx3
01-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Quick hey before I head out to a meeting and then rehearsal. So far so good on eating this week. I am happy to see January go though. It seems like once we get to February we can at least start looking forward to warmer weather. It may not get here for awhile, but it seems closer!

OBsMama
01-31-2006, 09:35 PM
You know Kat a Bristish Scientist claimed last Monday, January 23rd, as the gloomiest day of the year. So, I think there was something to everyone being off last week. I am sorry you had a hard week, sick kids on top of your grandma dieing must have been very tough. I still have one set of grandparents, they are in their mid 80s. I know it will be very hard losing them. I don't think my grandfather will make another year.:(

Dawn, I am glad you are feeling better and got a little workout in today. I think having people notice is almost better than the scale moving downwards. You are probably just putting everything back in its place.

Sunday: :cb: Nice 1 hour walk with the girls
Monday: cb: walk to work plus stairs
Tuesday: debating NordicTrack as I type.

On track with eating

:rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

DawnJohn
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank goodness its Feb. only a few more months of winter. :carrot:

I've been doing good at both eating and exercising this week. Water though not so good some days. Got an hour on the treadmill everyday except Mon and today. Kids have been up since 3:30 am !! Will try to get my walk in tonight. I also have done 2 of my 3 Curves workouts this week except now my shoulder is in spasm again :(, so I think I'll just skip Curves until Monday. I hate to do that but I need to give it time to heal.

Hope everyone is feeling better the last few weeks of Jan sounded like complete crap for everyone. I'm sure Feb. will be better.

Gotta go, kids are restless again and my insurance guy is coiming to photograph my new oil tank soon. See you all tomorrw.

Dawn