Support Groups - PIC ~ Partners in Crime 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

View Full Version : PIC ~ Partners in Crime 2006

Louie
01-01-2006, 03:09 PM
2005 was a great year for the Partners in Crime. Here's hoping that 2006 is even better :cheers:

To all the regular PICs and the new friends we have met along the way HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Here is the link to the PIC thread for 2005..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57137&page=167

Louie
01-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Good Morning ~ hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's.

We spent it with family and friends and I stayed up way past my bedtime :dz: But we had fun, so that is what counts :hug:

Not sure what today will bring, but I do need to have a clean out of the cupboards and hit the grocery store. Been reading my Protein Power book, so need to rid the kitchen of the carbs :devil: (or at least the majority of them).

Anyhow I best scoot...just wanted to wish you all a happy new years !

TTYS :D

BeatlesFan
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Happy New Years! :carrot:

I did some major cleaning today, and danced around the house to some good music. :carrot:

Valerie Joy
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Good morning everyone! I had a really late night last night. I ended up taking a shower at 3am (I hate that smoke smell) and fell asleep with a wet head and now my hair is all crazy!

Ok yesterday's journal wasn't that great. We were in a rush so had what else.. Pizza. :devil:

Saturday, December 31, 2005

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
D: ½ of 16 inch pizza (1105)
S: Zone Bar (210)
S: PB & J on low carb bread (280)
S: Zone Bar (210)

Calories 2265 :nono:
Exercise none

Happy New Year everyone! :hug: :newyear:

angel-eyes
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Woohoo..!!!! Look-y look-y, a brand spanking new thread for 2006!!! Great idea TLB.

Last night was a blast!!....literally!!!....we bought a whole bunch of fireworks and set them off around 10pm. My inlaws are visiting and we thought rather than do what we do every year....(sit around and watch tv, they fall asleep and be bored all night) I cooked a wonderful rack of lamb dinner, did the fireworks and then lit a huge bonfire in the backyard. The boys roasted marshmallows and we had a great time. They still fell asleep mind you, but it was okay.(they woke up at 11:50, just in time for the ball to fall in NYork) I did much better NOT snacking on sweets and also for today. Can't wait to get all this stuff out of the house!!!

We've been shopping shopping and more shopping. Popped into Old Navy and couldn't believe the deals. I got 5 pr of jeans for the boys and only spent $38 !!!! Then I bought another winter jacket (a cool one since my ds won't wear the other one cause it isn't cool) and thought at $24 I was getting a great bargain from $60 but it rung up at $16. !!!! I LOVE SHOPPING SALES!!!! So I spent less money and now there will be NO FIGHTING him to wear his jacket. Puffy jackets aren't cool....who knew? lol Hope everyone is doing well or as well as can be......HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

maysmav
01-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone! I am new here. I 'd like to thank BeatlesFan for bringing it to my attention. My name is Teri, 31 year old wife & mother of 2. I work full time (& more). I wanted to ask for advice on plans. requiements: little-no cost, easy, WORKS, (I know, the impossible). But these are the reasons I've given up before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get together a list to get groceries tomorrow.
Teri
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/301.5/160/295.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

curlylocks
01-01-2006, 08:12 PM
had to make some avs for another member and thought u might like this petra

petra65
01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks Curly, that was really sweet.

Welcome to our new members. You have found a great group of ladies but we can be a bunch of chatty cathy's sometimes so post often. If you miss a day, there can be a lot of catching up to do.

I had a pretty good day. I went to my sister's in NJ. I"ve been there a lot of times before and somehow still managed to get lost. Could only eat the turkey and broccoli but that was better than nothing. I should have made a sugar free dessert and taken along. I really wasn't tempted though. It's interesting how you get past that point.

As for maysmav's question, the answer is whatever you can stick to is what is the best plan for you. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Low fat, low glycemic, and low carb diets are all equally effective at helping people lose weight and keep it off so it is a matter of which type you think you can stick with. The best part about this site is that you can find people who are following every imaginable diet plan so you can learn something about several different ones before making a decision. I suggest you take a little time to do some research rather than try one plan for two weeks, decide you don't like it, move on to something else for two weeks, etc. Take your time and find something you can really commit to.

In reassessing some goals today, I have raised my goal weight a little (5 lbs.) Still a number I think I can live with. We'll see how I feel about it when I get closer. My size 14 pants are starting to get big already. How did that happen?

petra65
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Curly-how do I use that avatar?

Valerie Joy
01-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone!

I had a good day today. We went out to Chili's to celebrate the new year but I planned ahead and printed their menu with calorie listings.

I feel like I'm still recovering from yesterday even though I didn't drink I inhaled to much ciggy smoke and feel ill from it. :barf:

Sunday, January 01, 2006

D: Chili’s Guiltless Chicken Pita (550)
D: Chili’s Broccoli cheese soup cup (160)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1342
Exercise 2 mile WATP

maysmav
01-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Petra thank you for the advice. You're right I know, but there's so much out there sometimes it's overwhelming.
I am very excited & determined this time.
Thanks again
Teri http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/301.5/160/295.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)i

petra65
01-02-2006, 02:16 AM
One of the dogs woke me up and I'm waxing philosophic here in the middle of the night. Some of the others who have been at this awhile, please add your your $0.02.

I was thinking more about maysmav's question. Yes, you will likely need to choose some food plan and stick with it but from my perspective, what really makes people successful at this is a real change in their mental attitude which then translates into behavioral change. The only thing I can liken this to is the alcoholic getting sober. Just like the alcoholic I had to hit my "bottom" where I was willing to do whatever it took to take control of my health before bad things started to happen to me. My 40th birthday was looming and this was the age when my mother began to have major health consequences related to her weight. I was headed down the same path if I didn't do something about it now. Just like the process of sobriety, this is a journey 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No days off. Even when you reach your goal weight, you aren't really finished. The journey may change then but it isn't over. Sort of like reaching your 12th step in AA--it doesn't mean you are "cured" and now you can go out and drink again. And also, very much like the alcoholic, I had to face up to the fact that I have a real problem with refined sugar (sweets). My inability to control my intake of sugar has sabotaged every single previous attempt to lose weight. Considering the fact that it has really no nutritional value, perhaps I needed to let it go. It is amazing what abstaining from sugar has done for me including allowing me to have more success at this process than I have ever had before. At least the alcoholic can argue that wine has some nutritional value. :D M&M's have none.

I could keep going on and on here but I think you are probably getting the idea and other people may have some additional advice/wisdom to share.

curlylocks
01-02-2006, 09:51 AM
{{{ pulls out soap box...climbs up}}} Mays first welcome to the group!

ok ... my suggestion for you is to learn all u can about how people with diabetes eat.. South beach is a good low glycemic diet plan..(plus its not real expensive to follow)

do a lot of googling and read up all you can on high glycemic foods, diabetic diets, and peoples success stories.. brain wash yourself that you are going to do this!!

to make it even easier>>> cut out everything white from your diet... white flour, sugar, pastas,potatoes

sounds drastic.. but u would be amazed at all the foods that leaves that u can eat..

drink lots of water... and start walking for exercise..the lelslie sansonne walking tapes are a great way to get started..

then as u start to feel stronger.. go sign up at a curves.. its a good way to get exercise and tone and you lose.. and the more muscle you build the smaller your body gets..

ok i promised myself i would get this "tornado strewn house straight this weekend and my time is running short.. lol tho i have made it thru the mountain of clothes.. washed folded pressed and hung up and put away.. shew! sorted by size...

4 loads of laundry all together!!! how does 1 person end up with so many clothes..(note to self: stay outta the thrift store) lmao

have a great day Pic's :)

petra65
01-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a list a mile long of stuff I "should" do today. We'll see how much of it actually gets done.

I got this great computer program for Christmas called Master Cook. I asked for it specifically. Several people on the Protein Power bulletin board use it. Apparently it comes in different versions so I got the low carb version. You can add your own recipes and it does the nutritional analysis for you. It also has a lot of wierd ingriedients in the data base which I need. Much more user friendly than fitday for entering recipes. So I have all these recipes on pieces of paper all over the house and I've been putting them in this morning. If you guys have a recipe you want me to run through for you, let me know.

charliekay
01-02-2006, 10:32 AM
hey ya'll, how do i get those flowers? i can't find them anywhere??

~zoey~
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome beatles fan, maysmav;, charliekay and trudei!!:welcome: This is a great group with lots of posts and support.

We celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary on 12/31, so I have been married longer than the rest of you have been in existence!

This is the year that we are all going to reach goal!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: We are going to stay OP, and make our diets and execise our top priories and we are going to do it for us, with a lot of support for each other :hug: Right?

Now I need to get out for a walk [in the rain], and then I have some cleaning to do.

zoey

BeatlesFan
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
hey ya'll, how do i get those flowers? i can't find them anywhere??

Go to edit signature. When it shows the smilies click on the icon for more. You can also type in : flow1 : but put the colons right up against the word. :D

BeatlesFan
01-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Errggghh I didn't get the entire house cleaned yesterday, but I did make an excellent start. Here it is January 2nd, and we have a thunderstorm going on . Weather is weird in Illinois. :dizzy:

I have a problem, I have no appetite whatsoever in the am. I know it's strange. Do I force myself to eat, which seems wrong. Or just eat something whenever I do get hungry? :(

Louie
01-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Good Morning Ladies !

1 more day of vacation and then back to work tomorrow. I should spend the day studying, but also have to find time to clean out the cupboards and get some groceries. That will teach me for leaving everything to the last minute !

:welcome2: to all our new partners ! This is a great bunch of ladies and be warned that we come looking for you if you go missing in action :D

okay kids I am off to have my morning :coffee: have a wonderful day and I will "see" you all later.

Ciao !

maysmav
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all the input (&welcomes) You guys really are great. I'm going to pat myself on the back a little.:o I've decided that maybe I shouldn't approach this in my mind as a DIET. Nasty little 4 letter word.:devil: I did well yesterday with my portions & food choices. & if any of you knew me you would be amazed at these next 2-I exercised for 1 hour (weights & dance dance revolution) & I actuallly drank 64 oz of water! I hate water! I have to say I'm proud of myself, but that is one day, now I have to repeat the process.

Petra I know you're right. It is sooo mental for me. I remember when I lost around 90 lbs a few years ago, I felt such a change just making up my mind that just because the food was in the cupboard didn't mean that I had to eat it. Don't know if it stems from something in my childhood, but it's almost like I have to eat that now if I want it or it will be gone & I can't have any. Does that make sense? Crazy huh?
Well, I think until I do my research & figure out what works best for me I'm going to revert to what I tried before. Counting my fat grams & cutting out sugar. Gave me great reesults, but when I fell off the wagon (for various reasons) I found it so hard to get back into it & on track. Time to go "whole hog"

Have a GREAT day ladies! Last day off of work & have a ton to do.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/301.5/160/295.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

charliekay
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
wow,47th anniversary.congrates!!!!!! we will be celebrating our 14th in march and i really hope to have dropped alot of weight by then.march is also my 34th birthday so i need to work extra hard to look good by thenl

Lyndsey86
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
hey everyone!

Yesterday:

Popeyes mild breast: 280
Popeyes mashed potatoes 1.5 containers: 600 about..

Total: 880

Exercise: none. :(

charliekay
01-02-2006, 02:08 PM
the chicken sounds good,but i can't eat carbs or starches like tators,so that wouldn't work for me,but its making me hungrey though.

Valerie Joy
01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi PIC's!

I lost two pounds today on my weekly weigh in :carrot:

Mays welcome to the group. The others had some good ideas. Any low glycymic diet would be good for you. I am also just recently told I have diabetes. I am following a combination of the zone, SB & calorie counting. I think one of the most important things I do is keep a food journal and count all my calories in fitday. I also post my diet and exercise here as another way to keep myself accountable.

I just tried doing my Tae Bo fat blasting cardio again today. Hopefully I don't be as sore as last time!

Valerie Joy
01-02-2006, 03:12 PM
hey everyone!

Yesterday:

Popeyes mild breast: 280
Popeyes mashed potatoes 1.5 containers: 600 about..

Total: 880

Exercise: none. :(

Lyndsey I have to say is that all your ate? 800 calories is not enough for a day. Starving yourself is not a good way to loose weight. I usually have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I try and stay under 1600 calories a day but your really shouldn't be under 1200! You need to get some veges in there also!

curlylocks
01-02-2006, 03:14 PM
u are on fire Val!!!! :cheer:!!!

beatlesfan: I would say yes make yourself eat breakfast.. if nothing else make a smoothie with some protein powder..

BeatlesFan
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks curly. Can you recommend a good protein powder?

petra65
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Optimum Nutrition or Designer Whey seem to be favorites.

petra65
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I posted a ton of smoothie recipes a few weeks ago on the old thread if you want to page back and look for them.

angel-eyes
01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
My my....we HAVE been busy!!! Welcome to the newbies!! :welcome3:

The gym opened back up today and I was there bright eyed and bushy tailed!! YEAH!!! Although I didn't do my weight training, I did run for 40 min on the treadmill and did almost 200 situps!!! BOOYAAAA We were heading out earllier than usual to see some museums and city sites. Food choices have been good so no worry there. Hope everyone had a great New Years celebration. Congratulations Valerie!!...great job on the 2 lbs!!!

Petra....Love your new avatar. How's Kobe feeling? back to norm?

Beatlesfan.....I picked up a vanilla protein powder at Costco really cheap. Its a huge canister for only $20. I use mine in shakes almost everyday.

Zoey.....Happy Anniversary!!! wow...47 years, we are almost 18 yr. I can't believe how time has just flewn by.

petra65
01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Food Journal for today. I'm way over on carbs and way under on calories. How did that happen? Reading that Sonoma book got me wanting oatmeal is how that happened. ;) I figure if it screws me up, I won't cook anymore of them until I get to goal and can afford the carbs.

B: 1/2 cup steel cut oats, lemon yogurt protein smoothie, cappucino with carb countdown milk
L: Huge salad
D:4 oz. marinated flank steak, 1/2 grapefruit
S: 1 tbsp. cashew butter
Totals: 1119 Calories, 63 net carbs, 14 fiber, 82 protein.

How's that Protein Power book coming TLB?

Holy cow May! 90 lbs! You should be giving us advice!

Kobe will be 100% back to regular dog food starting tomorrow thank goodness. Thanks for asking. He's still on some antibiotics.

Louie
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Petra ~ the book is going well. I haven't had a chance to read much of it, but did what they suggested and read the "bottom line" of each section to give me a good overview.

Can you just confirm for me if I am on the right track and understand what I have read so far...

Protein - based on your height/weight there is a minimum amount of protein to be consumed three times a day. Is there a maximum ? For instance I am at 40 g of protein per meal..so is my max 120 ?

Carbs - 7 to 10 net carbs per meal to a maximum of 40 per day and to calculate a net carb you take the total carbs and subtract the fiber.

Fats - should be limited to the "good fats" as described in the book.

Calories - is there a min/max ? I don't recall reading anything about calories.

Thanks Petra !!

oh... any good websites you can recommend ? You can PM if you like with those.

Thanks your low-carb protege :D

charliekay
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
that amount of protein and carbs you said sounds like what i am on,i have to get 130 protein a day and 40 carbs.i can't go over or i won't lose as fast. i am on herbalife high protein program

petra65
01-02-2006, 09:59 PM
There is no maximum on the protein. You have the carbs right. They have no prohibition on saturated fat so don't get too hung up on the fat stuff other than avoiding trans fat. Of course, eating sardines is always a good idea. :rofl: You do like sardines, don't you? :rofl: Don't know if you read that part of the book yet.

The official PP website got hacked back in September and they are using a yahoo group in the meantime. There is an unofficial site but I'm not allowed to post links....... you know how it is.

BTW, I am the only physician on this site or at least the only one who admits to being a physician?

BeatlesFan
01-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Congrats Val! :carrot:

Petra I'm glad Kobe is doing better. :hug: Didn't know you were a physician, cool!

I live in BFE so I'll have to scope out the protein powder in this area.

My IBS is out of control right now. I hope it's just do to stress. :dizzy:

Louie
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks Petra !! hmm... sardines, must have missed that tidbit of information :p

to all the partners ~ in the first post for this thread I have added a link to our thread from 2005. Just in case you want to look back for something, that will make it easier :)

Valerie Joy
01-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi PIC's! Thanks for the congrats! It's great to see my weight dropping! I just love to change my ticker on Mondays!

Monday, January 02, 2006

S: 2 slices low carb bread, 1 LC cheese wedge (105)
S: No pudge Sundae cone (100)
D Tuna fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries & mandarin oranges (260)
D: Romaine Salad w/ thousand island light dressing (60)
S: No pudge cookies & cream bar (100)
S: 1 cup Okra, 1 slice LF provolone (125)
S: 2 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1291
Exercise 75 minutes Tae Bo :carrot:

~zoey~
01-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Has anyone heard from deerod or turtle? I wish that they would come back.

:welcome2: lindsey86, I think that I forgot you when I was greeting the new PICs. Sorry about that!:^:

zoey

curlylocks
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
back to work today! this morning i got out my new thin soft long johns and put them on then added some sweat pants and a hooded sweat shirt... and headed out

it really is awesome walking in the morning before everyone gets moving around.. quiet & peaceful 2miles today and working my way back up to the 3 i was doing everyday before... so i can get to 220 and switch to running..

thats my plan of attack!! lol

time to buckle down and get the scale to move down a lil faster.. :)

ok time to go get my secretary garb on... work till 5 and then go do my circuit training thingy....

i also made a resolution to make use of the gazelle that has sat proped up against the wall since october.. so the new rule is if i wanna watch tv i have to be on the gazelle..

(lucky for me i dont watch much tv) hahaha

have a great day pic's

petra65
01-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Val-congrats on your 2 lbs. You seem to have the right combination of something!

It appears the oatmeal didn't bother me too much. My scale was smiling at me this morning. If this keeps up, I should have a loss to report at the end of the week. Those steel cut oats take too long to cook to make them a regular habit anyway.

I'm reading this book for a prayer group I belong to at church. It was written by a Benedictine monk. There was this passage last night that really jumped out at me and seemed to apply to this setting. He is actually talking about spiritual seekers who jump from one tradition to another looking for truth rather than focusing in on one tradition long enough to find out what it really has to offer. He says "....only if we systematically work at one path can the path take us anywhere." How true! In this journey and many others. Too bad Dee isn't here to read that. She is our biggest "diet seeker"

BeatlesFan
01-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Well today comes my first test of willpower... leaving the house. I still have no appetite in the am, but today I've eaten about 1/4 cup of oatmeal with a tsp of splenda and a 1/2 tsp of vanilla. I should do fine at work, but only because I have no spending cash! I packed a nice lunch and am praying for a smooth day. :)

jennie934
01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi Ladies,
Happy Holidays. I'm back!!! Well the holidays hit me hard. I don't know what happened, I lost sight of my goal and my journey and fell off the wagon. I was really down on my self for gaining but then I thought, if I hadn't been losing for this past year, where would I be? I wouldn't have lost and I probably would have gained more that I did. I bet I would be really heavy. So I put my self back in perspective and am back on course. As I sit here eating my oatmeal and feeling sore from my workout, I am committing to my self to do this! I stocked my kitchen with core food. I am not going to go out to eat for at least 2 weeks(that is what ussually gets me) and I am getting back on my constant excersise schedule.
Wow there are so many new people. A few of us oldies, how is everyone else? I saw curley, angel, petra, val, teb, zoey, but are dee, lisa, turtle, l2l, mom,or any one else still checking in?
I still dont' have computer time like I used to but I am going to try and keep up with you all. I definatly do better when I come and get some motivation.
Have a great day.
Jennie

curlylocks
01-03-2006, 10:40 AM
hey jennie! the true test is getting back OP .. and sounds like u are doing great getting things back in order! don't fret over it... consider it a program vacation........

VACATION IS OVER!!! lol

charliekay
01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
morning all.i tried working out today,but i keep getting a sharp pain in my left side of my stomach,ouch!!

petra65
01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Welcome back Jennie. Doesn't look like you did too much damage over the holidays. Just get back on the wagon and don't look back.

Charlie-I suspect that pain is some muscles just fatiguing if you aren't used to exercising and that should get better as you build up some endurance. If not, you should have it checked out.

charliekay
01-03-2006, 02:07 PM
ok great petra,i kinda thought it might be from exercising but not shure.
oh by the way how long did it take you get under 200? i am so anxious to finally be under 200.thanks

BeatlesFan
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I survived work and stayed on plan. :D It was a long day and I'm in a foul mood, but at least it's over. :carrot:

petra65
01-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Charlie-not sure this is what you want to hear but it took me 8 months to get under 200 lbs. I've been losing about 5 lbs a month pretty steadily. There were 3 of us who all "broke" 200 at the same time so it was kind of fun. Jennie, me, and momX3 if she ever pops her head in here again.

It was a big moment psychologically. I have lost a lot of weight before but I've not been under 200 in over 10 years. I knew when that happened there was no turning back.

curlylocks
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
calories------> 1232

exercise: walked 2 miles, 45 min circuit training, 15 min gazelle... water: over 120 oz.

Valerie Joy
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Beatles fan good job on getting through your day! Bringing a lunch from home was a good idea!

Curly you always do such a good job on exercising! I know it's hard to get out for a walk in this bad weather but you did it! :carrot:

Jennie welcome back! You know this is a great place to get that motivation you need!

Charlie I'm dying to get under 200 also! I think its a big goal for a lot of people here! Its to hard to be patient sometimes!

Petra I remember when you hit onderland! That was so great!

Here's my daily journal

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

D: Zone chili with green pepper, onion, kidney beans, 4oz ground beef (450)
S: No pudge sundae cone (110)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries 1 cup (210)

Calories 1244

Exercise 3 mile WATP (45 minutes):tread:

charliekay
01-03-2006, 10:37 PM
oh man, i really hope i can get there before 8 months.my weight loss coach is telling me 5 months at the most,but i don't know! i want it so bad i can taste it.hehe.i used to be 125,now just wishing for 199 is unbelievable.

Charlie-not sure this is what you want to hear but it took me 8 months to get under 200 lbs. I've been losing about 5 lbs a month pretty steadily. There were 3 of us who all "broke" 200 at the same time so it was kind of fun. Jennie, me, and momX3 if she ever pops her head in here again.

It was a big moment psychologically. I have lost a lot of weight before but I've not been under 200 in over 10 years. I knew when that happened there was no turning back.

charliekay
01-03-2006, 10:38 PM
i find that i am in a foul mood at the end of the day when i am dieting too.and oh boy do my kids notice :)

Louie
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Good Day !!

Well I survived my first day as a Protein Power girl....with the exception of a carb withdrawal headache :(

Just finished dinner and my totals for the day were 38 g carbs and 147 g protein. Pretty good my first day, if I do say so myself :D

Jennie - so good to see you again. As always you have jumped right back into the swing of things !!

Petra - any good recipe web sites or books that you can recommend ?

Any of you planning on watching the Biggest Loser special on tomorrow night?

Well I better hit the books before it gets too late.

Hope you all have a great evening !

petra65
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
TLB-did you get my PM or did the Big Sister erase it? Make sure you drink plenty of water and take Mag and Potassium supplements especially the first couple of weeks because of the big water loss you are likely to have. I think they do mention that in the book. That may be what part of the headache was about.

Charlie-what do you mean about being in "in a foul mood when you are dieting?" This isn't sounding good in terms of long term success. You need to be on a plan you can do for life and if what you are doing is making you miserable maybe you need to reconsider. Just my $0.02

jennie934
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey gals, figured I'd check in. I've had a good day, I stayed OP. I went to kick boxing class after work. My new plan is to go to that 2 days a week and work out either on lunch break or early in the moring 3 days. should be toable. I think when I was trying to work out every day, it was to hard to keep up with.
I'm going to be feeling not full which is the feeling I am aiming for. Over the holidays, the cookies and junk and sugar would make me feel oh so yucky and I'd go to bed feeling gross and bloated. Oh why did I let it go on. I think I thought I was imune to the weight gain or something crazy like that and that some how the cookies would make me happy. well I know that isn't true. Plus I much prefer the satisified feeling from having an OP day and working out.
ttyl
jennie

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 08:39 AM
TLB: sounds like u are off to a great start! i am curious how u managed to get all that protein in.. i know u are super busy.. but could u possibly post what u had? I ask cuz i have trouble getting all my protein in

Zoey:Good to see u back.. how are things going for you?

Charlie: stick with the exercises, maybe break them down into shorter multiple sessions until you get stronger.. so u dont get the stitches

Beatles fan: try not to rush it.. the slower it comes off,,, the longer it stays off!

Petra: this week i am tired of oatmeal.. tho i do love it..im back to my boiled eggs (yuck) you really have that scale moving on down!!!

Valerie: I am just trying to tweak my program got my food in check,, so i am trying to see if its my walking thats missing.. or the scale thats really messed up.. i figure its got to move sometime.. all the articles i read say just keep at it and one day it will drop quickly all of a sudden with a big woosh.. I am ready to WOOSH!!!

Jennie: those evil cookies..:devil: :devil: :devil: isnt it amazing how just a few and make those wild sugar cravings come back!
I really have to work hard to avoid them .. cuz i would rather eat sweets than food any day!

Angel: whats up there? you are doing awesome girlie!:carrot:

maysmav & trudei & Lyndsey: how is your week going??

ok time to get ready for work... have a great OP day Pics!:hug:

petra65
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Curly-I typically don't have much trouble getting in my protein. I had some ridiculous amount yesterday like 150 grams. I've already had 56 grams for breakfast this morning.

BeatlesFan
01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Curly - I didn't realize I was rushing anything. :(

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 09:14 AM
my apologies beatlesfan.. i meant to tell charlie.. not to get impatient if she doesnt get down to 200 in 5 months...

:cheer: :cheer: drum roll plz....... :cheer: take note of ticker!!! the sclae has finally moved .... its been soooooo long since that has happened!!!!

BeatlesFan
01-04-2006, 09:20 AM
That's okay Curly. :hug:

Congrats on getting that scale to budge. :carrot:

jennie934
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey gals,
quick check in before work. Just wanted to say hi and keep up the motivation. We can do it. I made a yummy chili last night so I could have it for the next couple of days for lunch. I brought it with and some fruit so no temtations. Plus I'm totally broke so I can't really go out to eat or anything.
ttyl
Jennie

~zoey~
01-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Curly.....I'm hangin' in there, thanks for asking. I am stuck again, but you are a good example for me. That scale has to move eventually, especially if I get my act together. I am getting back out for my walks again. I didn't get them in much over the holidays. I also went over 1200 calories some days. :(

The news around here is that my dishwasher died. [Yes I do know how to do them by hand]! ;)

I can't decide whether to watch figure skating or TBL tonight. :?:

zoey

charliekay
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
sorry to post this on this thread,but its the only one i could get to,alot of times when i sign on this site,the button ys "new posts" or whatever it actually says,won't show up,i can't get into the board to see the new stuff wrote.it drives me crazy.i will have to sign out and come back over and over about 4 or 5 times before it will show up.if anyone knows how to fix this or to forward this message to someone who can help me i really appreciate it.i hate not being able to read posts.thank you

Valerie Joy
01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Curly congrats on the loss! Hopefully now you're unstuck!!! :carrot:

I just got back from curves and I'm upset because again the employee there was smoking. They have a room thats right next to the workout area that she does it in. She lights a candle and thinks no one notices. I can't stand smelling, breathing smoke when I'm working out. :barf:

I'm starting to think I might want to move to another club. The smoking thing is really getting on my nerves. Plus I'm feeling like I might get a better workout somewhere else. My heart rate just isn't getting up where it should and I'm working as hard as I can there but the machines aren't adjustable.

Charlie I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry, hopefully someone else can understand whats going on.

I hope everyone has a good day!

charliekay
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
thanks val,i apprciate it,this time it worked first time,next time i am shure it won't.i have heard alot of women persoanlly say that they don't get a good workout at curves,they all say that their equipment gives them too light of a workout for them,and they feel its just not really doing anything for them.i have never been there myself.

iwmonn
01-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi PIC's, I'm home!

Happy New Year to you all!

Colorado is absolutely breathtaking (literally, lol)... but I am so happy to be home at sea level, and with some humidity ;) Lee's DB & SIL played at a Contra Dance for NYE, so we went too. It was sure a lot more fun than watching fireworks on TV LOL. His Dad's 90th birthday party went awesome. The first time in about 35 years all his son's have been together. I Got a couple really nice family photos to send to him :).

OK, I think I personally did ok as far as my weight goes. I'll find out tonight when I hit my meeting. My choices weren't always so great, but I did keep portions under control and I think that counts for something. Now, is the new year, and I'm starting clean and fresh. I have my gym gift certificate and told lee this morning if I use it for this month, & am using it regularly (3-5 time week minimum) then we will have to find a way to afford for me to continue. With you guys, my WW group, and the gym- I will have to be accountable, and probably successful too, right?

WOW! Look at all these new names! Welcome to you all. I'll have to get to know you. LOL, don't miss a week or you fall so far behind in posts that it seems impossible to catch up! (which I am going to attempt today ;))

Everyone sounds like you're all doing well.

Congrats on that scale finally moving Curly! a big WooooHOOOOOOOO to you!

Val~ Sounds like you're ready to move on to a different club. I didn't realize there was any public building in the US (outside of Las Vegas) where one could still smoke indoors. Would it help to say something to management about it being a health club etc?? Does it also bother other paying clients? I think that's absolutely ridiculous. I'd write to the Curves HQ. *nods* P.S. Good job on your weigh in too ;)

TLB~ Nice to see you again! Are you finding more time for YOU in the new year? It looks like you're doing well too.

Jennie~ I was wondering where you disappeard to. I'm so happy to see you posting again! Lets get this program going again. Are you still doing Core? ( I think that was you.. hmmmmm.) Anyhoooo.. WB

Petra~ How's your book (or paper?) coming along? I love you're new pic with you and The Boys! I've missed your lil pep talks. Yes I am the major Diet Seeker, but am settling down now to give my (modified) WW program a fair shake. I've put my 4 corners book away, altho I will refer to it from time to time. ;) hehe.. incorrigible me.

Zoey~ Hey there! I haven't used my dishwasher for 4 years now and it works fine. LMAO, my most hated chore since I can ever remember was emptying it, so I just wash by hand and then I don't have to worry about it lol. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll be seeing your scale move down soon!

Charliekay, Beatlesfan~ Welcome once again! Isn't it great to have a place where people understand you, and help you thru places when you don't know where to go, and you can help someone else in return. What a great feeling huh? Hope to see you often ;)

OK, Time to put away the suitcase, and pack the gym bag :carrot:

a HUGE :grouphug: to you all, and I will TTYL!!!!

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 05:08 PM
welcome back dee!!

iwmonn
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
ok... I'm reviewing LOL..

Thanks for the wellwishes getting out of here last week. It was an adventure but I found out there is a way off this coast that I don't get motion-sick lmao. It's a bit out of the way, but another beautiful Drive! Getting home yesterday was fun too lol. Val, You weren't kidding about the Denver Airport. the checkin line was somewhere around 1/4 mile long, and security wasn't much shorter. We barley made the flight..... But WE MADE IT!!!!! YAYYYYY! The cat's have finally forgiven us. LMAO Clyde wouldn't get out of the middle of us sleeping last nite. I didn't sleep well cuz I kept feeling we were gonna squish him:dizzy: .

Gwena~ Nice to meetchya :hug:

Petra~ Heh, I was going to ask you if you'd read the Sonoma Diet. I saw it adveritised, then read the book jacket at the airport. Just wondered what your take on it was. And NO I'm not looking to change diets heheheheh... just curious ;) I'm really glad to hear Kobe is ok! You must have been so worried, but at least you know what the cause was now, and it won't happen again.

Trudei~ Hi :wave: Hope to see you post often!

Charliekay~ Hi! Welcome aboard. I'd LOVE a puppy. LOL. It's all I can talk about sometimes. But I have a 16 yo cat that wouldn't appreciate it. After she's gone, I'll seriously think about getting one. My big Moose-cat needs a playmate :hyper:

WoooHOOOOO new thread!!! Happy New Year to all my PIC's :high:

Val~ I'm glad to hear your back was ok and you got to go to the show! Who was playing? Anyone I might have heard of? LOL, since I moved out of Seattle to this barren country ;) I don't get to hear any good music anymore.. I live it all thru friends.

AngelEyes~ :hug: Happy New Year! LOL at the puffy jackets.

Maysmav~ Welcome! hehehe a bit late, but better late than never, right? Congrats for making it here. :hug:

Zoey~ 47 years! Congratulations to you both! My parents would have been married 47 yrs 12/27 if mom were still here. She did admit, that they had an "inkling" I was around for the wedding lol... ;)

Thanks Curly. It's great to be back

:cp: :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :cb:

ttyl again all! ~*Dee*~

Valerie Joy
01-04-2006, 06:19 PM
((((Dee)))) welcome back!

Sounds like you had a nice trip. Boy I really hate that Denver airport :dizzy:

I went to see Umphreys Mcgee & Keller Williams. It was sold out at 4500 people.

We're the same weight right now!

iwmonn
01-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I read this article from our local newspaper on the plane. I made Lee save this page lmao. He doesn't save anything, but here it is, straight from his suitcase. I contemplated, and I know where I am. I don't agree with the 6th stage. I don't think we can ever 'terminate' our program. But then again, I've never gotten to that stage before, so I could be wrong lol ;) *~DEE~*

By Marilynn C. Preston

Change is not a linear process. Very often, it's two steps forward, one step back. Research shows that only one in five of us succeeds the first time we set out to make a change in our life. Smokers average three or four "failures" before they successfully quit.
It's helpful to know that change does not happen in a straight line because it allows us to forgive ourselves for relapses. We fall down, and we get up. We fall down again, and we get up again. Accept it, and keep moving. I suggest you see change not as a straight line but a spiral.
DEVELOP A PLAN. If you want to succeed at making change, you have to have a plan, a strategy. And the strategy should be informed by your understanding of the now-classic "stages of change" theory for Dr. James Prochaska, author of "Changing For Good." Here's a brief summary of his steps:

1: PRECONTEMPLATION. Stage 1 is characterized by a state of denial. (No one said this would be easy.) When you're in denial, you don't even see the problem, let alone the solution. So what if you resist exercise, pile on the junk food, and don't get enough sleep? Others may nag you about changing your habits, but lasting change has to come from your own needs and desires. The only way out of this stage is to truly and deeply desire to change the behavior.

2.CONTEMPLATION. In this stage, you are actively thinking about changing. You talk about it. You may even dream about it. You are weighing the pros and cons, but you're not ready to take action. Why not? Because it's not the right time, you tell yourself. Change will be too painful, too unpleasant. To help move past this stage, step outside of the thinking mind that is projecting misery and grief. Don't go there. Stay in the moment, and focus on the fact that you are free to change, step by step, and shift your focus to the solution.

3. PREPARATION. In this stage, you develop a wise and realistic plan of action. Changing your behavior becomes top priority. You write your exercise sessions into your calendar. You sign up for yoga class. You feel joy, not guilt. Procrastination is over. You are ready to take action.

4. ACTION. Preperation is over. Action has begun. You are in the gym 3-5 times a week. You are eating more veggies, more fruits, and sensible portions of real food that is tasty and healthy. This stage requires a genuine commitment of time and energy, but the payoff is terrific. You feel better- more in control. The trick is to sustain this new behavior until it becomes a habit.

5. MAINTENANCE. This stage is all about preventing relapse. It's time to solidify your new lifestyle, to be vigilant, and to avoid backsliding. You need to feel strong at the core and certain of success. Again, it's important not to let your mind dwell in the past or project into the future. Just stay in the everyday now of your success.

6. TERMINATION. This is a welcome stage because it signifies that your old habit is dead and gone and your new, healthier one is firmly in place.

BeatlesFan
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
It's nice to meet you too Dee! :hug:

We were so busy at work today it was great! I spent a little over 5 hours walking non-stop and lifting. I'm guestimating the average amount of books picked up per student was around 15 pounds. Some had less, but a lot of them had more! :carrot: I was supposed to take my lunch at 1pm, but I couldn't wait and had to have a snack at noon. :D

I was really dreading working book pick up because of my weight and height, but I actually had a lot of fun! ;)

petra65
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Dee-great to have you home. I think those stages are really written for people who are giving up things like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. However, I'm not sure I can explain this well but there does come a point in this process too where you know in your heart that you aren't going to go back. Something sort of "clicks" for you. I think that is what he is talking about. I've also described it as an almost religious conversion experience. I'm about as certain as I can be that this is my last time.

Curly-I'm so happy your scale finally moved. It's about time. BTW, I had 126 grams of protein today. I also had almost 2000 calories though.

Val-I can't believe someone would be smoking in your health club. I imagine that if management knew that they would fire her.

I did my sloooow burn tonight. I had some sudden dramatic improvements in strength in some muscle groups which was surprising but I guess that is what is supposed to happen. I'm halfway through my personal training sessions.

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
i had 1147 calories and 103 gms protein BUT i had 90 carbs :(

BeatlesFan
01-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Dee - we went over those steps in psychology class last semester. Very interesting.

Curly - how many carbs are you aiming for?

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
i usually try to stay @ 40 -60

hmm this is interesting.. if u have insulin resistance or diabetes they say u should have a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon per day and it will help u lose weight and bring your blood suagr down..

oh petra check out this zooba site great deals on books!

petra65
01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Curly-I think that site might be a little too dangerous for me, LMAO!!

I've heard that about the cinnamon too. Fortunately, I love cinnamon.

I haven't seen TLB on the Protein Power board yet so I still don't know if she ever got the web addy. Hope she's finding her way through.

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
haha i went there and looked at all the diet books... and then went to my local library web page and put them all on hold!

cant beat the price tho 9.95 and no shipping!

but borrowing for free is even better! lol

im getting
ann gittleman- "fat flush"
George stella "livin low carb"
and
Stephen gullo "the thin commandments"

petra65
01-04-2006, 09:37 PM
You mean someone beat me to the Thin Commandments too! I can't come up with anything original!:rofl: You'll have to tell me about that book and whether or not it's worth reading. I ordered The Perfect Fit Diet I think it's called.

I already have the other two. George Stella's cookbook is without a doubt the best low carb cookbook I have. However, he uses a lot of soy flour in his baked goods which gives them a nice texture but a lot of people don't like the taste of soy flour. Fat flush is an interesting read. She is another "toxic chemical" **** like Dr. Schwarzbein. She is also clearly writing to a female audience. Actually you might want to try her 2 week induction plan. It might get your scale to move. It's a VERY structured plan. I think I went over it when momX3 was considering various low carb plans.

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 09:54 PM
lmao .. i saw this infomercial about colon cleansers and it scared me half to death.. im sure it wasnt true but they said u could have up to 40 pounds of gunk stuck in your intestines.. and ya need to flush them out every now and then... ??

Valerie Joy
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi Everyone!

That is interesting about the cinnamon. I'm diabetic. I wonder if I sound try it.

I don't know about the colon cleansers. I wonder if you really need to flush it out once in a while?

I'm doing OK with eating today. Shouldn't have had that extra peanut butter sandwich at breakfast.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

B: PB & J sandwich (280)
S: Laughing cow sundae cone (110)
S: 2 slices low carb bread 1 LC cheese wedge (105)
D: Zone Mexican black bean stew w/zuchini, chicken, salsa & onion (310)
S: Laughing cow sundae cone (110)

Calories 1413
Exercise 45 minutes curves, 30 minutes Tae Bo :carrot:

curlylocks
01-04-2006, 11:04 PM
well one thing for sure a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon cant hurt ya

i just had some in my protein powder drink

google cinnamon and blood sugar and have a look..

iwmonn
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Petra~ Thanks, it's really good to be back. I agree with you it's probably more geard for other lifestyle changes, however the more I read it, the more I could actually see my past and present thinking (all except the final stage)...

Val~ As you can see we are not the same weight anymore :( but I'll be catching up again soon.... It was a very uplifting meeting tonight. 19 ladies this time! Almost double the usual amount hahaha...

Curly~ rofl.. you and Petra are the diet book gurus for sure!! I'm really glad we have you! I've been hearing about the cinnamon thing for a while now. Several companies are marketing supplements based on the cinnamon & blood sugar, diabetes and also cholesterol benefits... and have cited actual clinical studies to back them. I wish I could give more info, if I find any of it at work I'll post it.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new start!!!! I'm gonna keep at this til I get it right!!!!!!!!

:grouphug:

angel-eyes
01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
WAAAAA!!!!.....I just missed the first hour of Biggest Loser!!!..... I checked the tv guide and it listed it to start at 8pm....WAAAA!!!!

Just popping in.....CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOSERS THIS WEEK!!! and me too!!!.....I lost another 2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO. I endulged a bit more with all the extra foods and sweets I had in the house with my inlaws visiting, but I guess I must have balanced it out ...(somehow) They fly out in the morning and I can't wait to empty the fridge of all the extra stuff and get my house back to normal!!! :carrot:

I have yet to catch up on all the posts, but I will!!! Nice to see the thread so busy!!!!

Valerie Joy
01-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Angel Eyes congrats on the loss! :cp:

curlylocks
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
lol angel... yep i had to pay zellie (gazelle) 30 min to watch the biggest loser..

:cheer: ANGEL:cheer:

BeatlesFan
01-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I watched the biggest loser last night too.

I just packed my lunch for the day, and I'm proud to admit to tasting one of the cookies I bought for my girls. I had one bite and it wasn't even good so I tossed the rest of it. Yes, Gwena the chocoholic didn't finish a cookie. :D

curlylocks
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
dont it make ya feel good to have that control!!!!:carrot:

Loving~Mommy2~4
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Good Day !!

Well I survived my first day as a Protein Power girl....with the exception of a carb withdrawal headache :(

Just finished dinner and my totals for the day were 38 g carbs and 147 g protein. Pretty good my first day, if I do say so myself :D

Jennie - so good to see you again. As always you have jumped right back into the swing of things !!

Petra - any good recipe web sites or books that you can recommend ?

Any of you planning on watching the Biggest Loser special on tomorrow night?

Well I better hit the books before it gets too late.

Hope you all have a great evening !

Ok how the heck do you keep track of protein I lost about 30 pounds about 4 1/2 years ago before I had my DS but I never counted just ate strickly grilled chicken, pork or turkey and ate either broccoli or cauliflower any suggestions???

petra65
01-05-2006, 09:46 AM
:D Mommy if you use a computerized food log like fitday or dietpower it will automatically track your macronutrients for you (carbs, fat, and protein). Fitday has a free online version that you can use. There are more ways to lose weight than can be explained in a short post here so maybe you should specify what it is you are interested in trying or not trying again and we could give you some suggestions. What you did before sounds awfully repetitive and difficult to maintain for a lifetime. BTW, I'm a big fan of the New Orleans area so I know where you are:D

charliekay
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
i went to medical school for medical assistants and they told me that you really do have at least 40 pounds of gunk in your intestines and and stuff making you unhealthy too,i would love to have the cleansing done,,just sounds embarrissing to me

angel-eyes
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I know of a good friend who had a cleansing.....she said you wouldn't believe the black tar stuff that came out!!! eewwww gross but true!!

petra65
01-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Ladies, we fell off the front page. How can this be?

Louie
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Wow you ladies have been chatty...love it !!

I had to work late last night so didn't get a chance to jump on line and say :wave:

Petra - thank you, I did receive your message and have been looking at the site when time permits. There is lots of good information there and so far I have made it through 3 days and stayed OP. :cp:

Angel - Congrats :bravo:

Dee - welcome home :hug: Unfortunately I still don't have too much free time for myself, but making the most of what little I do have :D

Curly - my meals on monday included a protein shake, almonds, chicken breast, cheese, pepperoni, and pork... so lots of protein for me :moo:

Well I best go get in some studying before dinner. Have a great evening and I will "see" you tomorrow.

Just finished dinner and filled out FitDay --> 1558 calories, 127 protein, 37 carbs

curlylocks
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
1036 calories- 66 carbs (21 from an apple)
protein=82

exercise---> walk 2 miles, 30 min zelle, 45 min circuit training, 120 oz water

Valerie Joy
01-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm having a good day today.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

S: 2 slices low carb bread, 2 slices LF cheese (170)
D: Morningstar Chix sandwich with 1 slice LF cheese (290)
D: Romaine salad with lite dressing (60)
S: Okra, 1 slice LF cheese (70)

Calories 1272

Exercise 1 hour Tae Bo :carrot:

iwmonn
01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey Ladies, :wave:

Oh, I did not want to go to work this morning. But I had no choice. What a day. Inventory day. Actually it went well. I got a lot of prep done before I left for vacation. There was a lot of movement today. lifting, bending, twisting, climbing... all in all, a decent workout :carrot: .
My diet was great in the morning, ok in the afternoon, and not real hot in the evening. That seems to happen more when I eat breakfast:?: , but they keep saying how important it is, so I'll keep forcing it down.
More important, tomorrow I will plan a somewhat substantial snack for the hour before I get off work. I'm so famished when I walk in the door, I just attack anything fast and easy. You'll see what I mean lol.
B- Coffee/cream
B- 1/2 cup oatmael apple cinn w/cranberries
B- 1 slice cheddar
B- 1 small satsuma
L- 1 1/2 cup veg. beef soup
L- 1 Ak Mak crackers
L- 1 med satsuma
S- 1 oz bag baked potato chips
home
S- 8 Triscuit
S- 4 ch ch cookies
S- 1/2 slice cheddar
D- 4 oz buffalo burger on WW bread w/1 slice cheddar
D- 1/2 c mashed potatoes w/1-2T gravy
D- 1 c mixed veggies
S- Eskimo Pie NSA ice cream bar
There ya have it. I"m not proud of it, but Im not gonna hide from it either. Just work on making it better day by day.

Everyone have a great day! :grouphug: Hope you all stay op. I'm gonna go do a mile with Leslie Sansone now... ciao!!

Valerie Joy
01-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Dee good job! The first step is to just be aware of what you're eating! It doesn't seem that bad to me. Do you know how many calories you had for the day? What do you think of buffalo burgers? I had one once but don't really remember it.

curlylocks
01-06-2006, 07:20 AM
dee.. maybe u need to add more protein in your breakfast.. umm a protein powder shake or a boiled egg, or egg white omlet...

maybe the egg and the oatmeal in the morning.. i find if i eat a bigger breakfast it seems to fuel me up for the day..

petra65
01-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Dee-what is a satsuma? Curly is right about the extra protein. It appears from studies that protein does seem to keep people feeling full longer.

Yesterday I had 1500 calories on the nose, 53 net carbs, 23 fiber, and 119 protein. Curly it is possible to keep the carbs down and get the protein in but you will likely end up with more than 1200 calories as you can see.

TLB-how are you feeling on your new PPWOL? Are you drinking plenty of water and taking some supplements? Is the scale moving yet?

Angel-congrats on your weight loss. Through the holidays and the stress of the in-laws no less. Good job.

~zoey~
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Mornin' PICs :)

It would seem that 3FC has some server problems for a while every new year due to the influx of new people just starting diets! :p I think that is interesting. :D

I am looking into the Sonoma Diet. I am managing to lose very slowly by counting calories, but I think that I probably would do better on fewer carbs. I don't want to restrict them too far though, because I know that I would not be able to stick to it.

Got a new magazine yesterday. I think it is a hoot how all of the women's magazines manage to have a big fat dessert on the cover, plus articles on losing weight and exercising! :dizzy:

zoey

charliekay
01-06-2006, 11:26 AM
yippie i got on the scales today and i lost another pound,!

Louie
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Petra - PPWOL is agreeing with me. I am sleeping well and feel great. I even notice that some congestion problems that I was having seem to be better.

I am a big water drinker so that is not a problem. Supplements..I am taking a multi-vitamin, is there something else that I should take ?

The scale has moved about 4 lbs, so happy with that as a start. I think TOM is looming so that probably isn't helping !

I am slowly making my way through the book, so if there are any pointers you can give me shoot away.

petra65
01-06-2006, 05:47 PM
They highly recommend that you take potassium in the beginning because of the big water loss but after the first couple of weeks you probably won't need that anymore. They are also big on Magnesium supplements. In fact, they devote an entire chapter of the book to the benefits of adequate magnesium. You need to get the right kind though and increase your intake slowly or it will give you GI distress. I think they have a chart in the back where they go over what supplements they recommend depending on which conditions you have.

I'm on call this weekend and it is not going well. I got around 14 consults today. I won't get them all done today and I'm trying not to freak out about it. TTYL. Got to get back to work.

Zoey-the Sonoma diet gets 5 stars from me.

iwmonn
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Hi All My PIC's,

Congrats on the pound Gwena!!! Yayyy for you. Keep up the great work.

Val~ thanks for the encouragement. I know I need to actually figure out the calories. I've been just trying to get the WW points down LOL. I do OK, then I get to something I'm not sure how to figure out (my soup for instance), and I just stop trying to count. I really like the buffalo meats. They are quick and easy to prepare too... plus pre-weighed lol.

Curly~ I'm going to try the extra protein. I did a lot for lunch today and I do feel better tonight. I haven't attacked the cupboards yet lol. And I think I'm going to buy some of the powder we have at work too, for breakfast smoothies.... I didn't work in a breakfast in today :(

Petra~ Satsumas are like little tangerines. No seeds and they peel REALLY easy lol.
RE: the protein. I just read an article today in one of the flyers we have at the store about how protein makes you feel fuller longer. Clinical studies show a better weight loss in those not counting calories, but eating more protein... something like that. I was going to bring it home to post for you, but I forgot it lol... If you're interested I'll post tomorrow along with the sources of the studies.

TLB~ Way to GO!! WoooHOOOOO 4 lbs! Keep it up my fellow sister West Coaster!

Zoey~ I'll be interested if you try the Sonoma Diet. I saw it last week. BUT I'm sticking with what I'm doing for a while lol... good luck to you!!!!!

So here's my journal today, I'm going to try to list it with WW points. I'm supposed to do 28 per day.
B- coffee/creamer (2)
L- 6oz baked chicken (7) , 1oz string cheese (2)
S- 2oz bag Soy Thin Crisps (2)
~Projected for the rest of the night~
D- 1 /12 C veg beef soup (6?), 2 corn thins (1), 1 slice cheddar (3)
S- NSA Ice crm bar (3)(
Looks like 26 points if all goes well.... and I'll add some Earth Balance butter spread on the corn thins @ 3 points to bring it up :) This ain't easy is it... hehehehehee

curlylocks
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
i had a total of 1049 today, carbs were a bit high (81)cuz i have been craving my granny smith apples.. yikes and protein was BAD cuz i ran outta protein powder 46 :(
as u can see i am not much of a meat eater...

geez took me 3 hrs to put some songs on my new mp3 player ... shoulda had the 6 yr old from next door come over.. im sure he could have done it in @ 10 min! lmao

woo hoo i get to work tomorrow!!! (time and a half!)

petra65
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I had about 1665 calories today, 43 grams net carbs and 140 grams of protein.

No, Dee, it isn't easy but all that counting is necessary. Good job. Please do post the info on the protein. I think everyone would find it interesting.

I got 10 of my consults done. I hate having this much hanging over for tomorrow but I'm only one person and can only do so much. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it.

Louie
01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Good Evening Partners !

Just posting my "stats" for the day....30 carbs, 119 protein, 1922 calories :carrot:

I feel like I should be a super hero... puffing out my chest, hands on my hips, and shouting "Protein Power" :joker:

Petra - any ideas why on some products (ie protein bars) they calculate net carbs as carbs less fibre less ? (some kind of sugar)... is this right ?? I would like to find a protein bar that I can have on hand, especially for when I am at school, but when I do the carbs - fibre they all seem so high, yet the packaging says "2 grams net carbs" ?!?!?

I have school all weekend, so hope to get a chance to check in tomorrow night.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday :cheers:

petra65
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Ah TLB you have run into the dreaded sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols are actually neither but they are another form of artificial sweetener. They are for the most part not absorbed by the GI tract which is why if you eat too much of them you will be sorry and the manufacturers take liberties and say that you can just subtract them from the total carbs. However, they really aren't completely free. I think there is a conversion factor of about 3 grams of carb for every 10 grams of sugar alcohol you should actually count. I believe they are required to list sugar alcohols on the nutrition label so you should be able to tell how much is in there. They have names like malitol, sorbitol, erythritol, xylitol, etc. Xylitol is actually the best of the bunch because it is a "natural" product from pine trees I believe and seems to cause less GI distress than the rest of them.

As for bars, I've been experimenting myself. I've found one called Paleobars that I buy from Jonny Bowden (the somewhat famous dietician). Some of the people on the protein power board like some called Detour bars which you might be able to get at GNC. I've never tried them myself. I've not been impressed with the Atkins products or the southbeach bars I bought. I also tried making my own and they weren't very good either.

charliekay
01-07-2006, 12:14 AM
i am on a high protein diet with herbalife,i eat their bars twice a day,its twelve protein and one carb,i love them.they are soo good,i drink two protein shakes a day too from herbalife.

iwmonn
01-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Curly~ I get to work every Saturday lol.. and no extra pay. Hmmmmmmmm I think I need to re-negotiate ;)

Thanks Petra... hope your day goes smooth tomorrow!

LMAO @ TLB "ProteinWoman"... ta daaaaaaaa!!!!

Valerie Joy
01-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi Everyone!

I've been bad today with my calories. I got my curves monthly report today and I did really well so we went out to celebrate. I had originally thought I was going to get vietnamese soup which is not a lot of calories but they were closed. So we ended up going to a regular food place and I had a reuben :o

Friday, January 06, 2006

B: Zone Bar
L: 2 slices rye, 1 laughing cow wedge, 2 slices ham (230)
S: PB & J sandwich (280)
D: Reuben, mashed potatoes, roll, soup (990)
S: 1/2 cup eggbeater, LF cheese,1 slice low carb bread, LC cheese wedge (180)

Calories 2459
Exercise 45 minutes curves, 45 minutes Tae bo :carrot:

I guess I had my cheat meal today and will have to be back on plan tomorrow.

curlylocks
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM
until about october we had to work a mandatory 10 hrs of ot... and i got very used to that added money on my check!

curlylocks
01-07-2006, 12:47 AM
google "best protein bars" and go down to the 3rd link .. they have reviews of all the bars

petra65
01-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Val--sounds like you need to work on nonfood rewards. How about a pedicure? Or a dozen roses?

I'm not sure Curly. Those sites look like they are for bodybuilders and I"m not sure flavor is at the top of their priority list.

Charlie-I'm curious about your plan. How does it work? Do you eat regular food or just their bars and shakes?

curlylocks
01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
i see GNC is having a sale !!! BOGO 1/2 off

i am not sure if i got unstuck cuz i am walking again every morning or becuz i started taking 2 fish caps either way im not complaining! lol

im off to a good start today.. walked 4 miles, had my v8 & eggs :(

and had to make a bowl of oatmeal for the crazy dog... he likes the strangest things

BeatlesFan
01-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Well I survived phase 1 of textbook pick - up. :)

We did take the girls out for dinner last night. I didn't eat the healthiest, but I didn't over eat either. That in itself was wonderful.

BeatlesFan
01-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Well since we were getting close to the bottom of the page I thought I'd post again. ;)

My classes start this Tuesday, and I have a few things to do in preparation for them. The fun stuff like purchasing a graphing calculator and notebooks. I also want to get a highlighter. :D I have 17 semester hours which seems like a lot compaired to the 14 from last semester. :dizzy:

angel-eyes
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey girls....:wave:

Yesterday was an awesome day for me. Something has suddenly come alive in me and I'm loving it....let me explain. Its been coming for awhile, this new me. It started in Oct when we were on holidays in Colorado, I went up the side of a mountain in a gondola (extreme fear of heights) but I psyched myself up to do...AND I DID!! This week with my inlaws visiting we went up inside the St.Louis Arch (height 630 ft) and peered out the teeny tiny windows to the ground. And last night.... I went downhill skiing for the first time!!! What a blast!!! The boys scouts sponsored a ski night for half price, from 7pm to 3 am. Night skiing...YEAH!!! We skiied for over 4 hours, and took turns taking care of 7yo ds on the bunny slopes. It didn't matter that I only did the bunny slope BUT I DID IT!!! I 'll never forget hearing my ds say..." thats my Mom, awesome!!" It was sooo thrilling. Another Mom, sat in the lodge for 5.5 hours waiting for her family to finish up. She was still waiting when we left at midnight. She couldn't believe that I would go......hehe!!! I feel so fantastic, and let me tell you.....a year ago I wouldn't have even considered it because of my weight, I would have felt content to sit out. THIS IS SUCH A BREAK THROUGH!!!! Makes me think....what is next? :carrot:

BeatlesFan
01-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Angel - you rock! ;)

Do you live near St.Louis? We live in Illinois.

You ski bunny you! :carrot:

angel-eyes
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Yes...Beatlesfan!!! Howdy neighbour!!! hehe...Dh is calling me that, *wink wink*

BeatlesFan
01-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes...Beatlesfan!!! Howdy neighbour!!!

That's cool! We're about 1 1/2 hours from St. Louis. We went to the Arch last January with some friends, it's so cool! :)

BeatlesFan
01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
I just found out that my dear little brother in-law is getting married this November. :) I wonder how close to my target weight I'll be then? I'll just wait until fall to do my clothes shopping. For once it's nice to be eating right for me and not for an upcoming event. ;)

curlylocks
01-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Petra: "the Thin Commandments: Stephen Gullo AWESOME BOOK!

this is one of the best "diet books" i have ever read.. not so much a diet plan but more the psychological & phisological reasons people are overweight ..

he talks about this being forever.. a total life change and how to deal with it..

he talks about how to determine your triggers and how to deal with them.. Ive just skimmed thru the book reading various sections but so far this book is looking like a must have for all of us!!

oh and GNC is having a killer sale i got the regularly 47.00 6 lb protein powder for 27$ and they have a lot of great deals on all the other supplements

Valerie Joy
01-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Angel Eyes Congrats on the skiing! You're doing so great!

Beatles fan you should be able to loose quite a bit of weight by the wedding. Won't that be great to surprise people you haven't seen in a while!

I went to the health food store and got some cinnamon pills. I don't eat anything I could just add it to. Hopefully it will help with my blood sugar.

I'm going out for a healthy dinner tonight (sushi) I can usually go up to 2000 calories on saturday but I'm staying low since I was so high yesterday!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

S: 2 oz ham, 1 LC cheese wedge (95)
D: California Roll & Salmon Roll, Miso soup (541)

Calories 1678
Exercise 3 mile WATP, 2 mile walk outside :carrot:

curlylocks
01-07-2006, 08:46 PM
todays numbers

calories 954
carbs=46
protein=90

p.s. heres a new trick ive learned from my reading V8 juice is a great tummy filler!

petra65
01-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Curly-thanks for the book recommendation. I'll check it out.

Angel-Great job on the skiing. I've never been skiing and I actually live about an hour from a bunch of ski resorts.

I don't really need protein powder right now but I may have to stop by GNC and check out the sale. Thanks for the heads up.

I bought a new brand of low carb ice cream and it so good it might be a problem, LOL. I don't know if it's a local brand or not. It's Perry's. I think it is the texture that is different. It is so creamy I can't tell I"m eating "diet" ice cream.

iwmonn
01-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, I was hoping I could find this article on-line so I could just link to it, but no such luck so I'll be typing it out. It is informative, and is making me want to give the protein a try, along with WW. It's from a magazine we get monthly at the store for giveaway... Taste for Life. I'm going under the assumption that since it's a free magazine, it would be ok to put the article here......

Want to Lose Weight?
Try eating more protein. University of Washington School of Medicine investigators put study volunteers on different weight-loss plans with the same number of calories for two weeks.-only to find othat people eating more protein felt less hungry than those eating a smaller ratio of protein to other nutrients.

Then for the next 12 weeks, study subjects ate as many calories as they liked-as long as they stuck with the same high protein, low-fat ratio they originally followed. Those whose diet allowed 30 percent protein lost, on average, 10.8 pounds on the scale and 8.2 pounds in body fat-without counting calories. Combined with earlier research results "clearly showed that protein is more satiating than fat," explains Arne Astrup, MD, PhD, at the Institute of Human Nutrition in Copenhagen.

French research suggests how protein may burb hunger. In rats eating a 50% soy and casein based diet, protein turned into blood sugar in the small intestines, making the animals feel full and eat less. "It makes sense that if proteins do somehow increase the production of glucose in the small intestine that this would act on neuropeptides that would send signals to the brain that the stomach is full," explains Simon Langley-Evans, MD, at the University of Nottingham in the UK. While people are obviously more complicated in their eating haigts than rats, eating more fish and seafood- as well as plant based protein when you're trying to lose weight- may help you meet your goals.

Selected Sources: "How to Curb Your Hunger" by Mirandi Hitti, CBS News, 11-8-05. * "Scientists Uncover Protein's Weight Loss Secrets" by Alan Mozes, Health Day, 11-8-05 * "Why Protein Fills Us Up," BBC News, 11-9-05.

So what's your take Petra, Curly (and the new protein woman) TLB??? Couldn't hurt. I started with a protein smoothie this morning for my breakfast.

Louie
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Good Evening Partners !! Hope you have all had a wonderful Saturday.

I am just starting to wind down for the night... school is done and just finished dinner, so now it is time to put the feet up.

My counts for the day were 1381 calories, 30 carbs and 131 protein.

Dee - I would definately agree with the fuller feeling. I was a big carb eater and now that I have switched to more protein I tend to eat because I have to rather then because I am hungry. Which is a great feeling for me !

I went grocery shopping tonight, so picked up a few protein bars to try. Being in Canada I don't think that we get all the brands that you do..so it will be trial and error I am afraid.

iwmonn
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
WoooHOOOO Angel! THat is so awesome. I wish I would have been active at the NYE Contra Dance. It really looked like so much fun. But I was afraid of looking silly :(... If we EVER get to go there again I am gonna do it!!!! It really sounds to me like you are well on your way to a brand new you full of confidence and life.

Val~ LOL I tried making my own cinnamon pills a few months ago... it's not easy getting that powder into those lil gel caps haheeheheh. Good job gettin' yourself back on track after that reuben attack!

Beatles fan~ Keep yourself focused and you'll be wow'ing them all at the wedding ;)

today:

B- hard boiled egg (2)
B- Smoothie- soymilk, LF yogurt, banana, GoLean Protein shake powder. (?)
L- 2 Corn Thins (2), 2 cheese (4), 3oz smoked chicken breast (3)
S- :( several bites of chocolate cake shavings
S- 6 Triscuit (3)
~~projected evening
D- 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cup steamed veggies w/shrimp (?)
S- NONE

I'll need to verify points and maybe i'll make some adjustments here..... but right now I've overcooked the veggies and the rice better be ready lmao. I forgot how freakin' long brown rice takes to cook. Ya'll have a good nite/day and I'll TTYL.... :grouphug:

Valerie Joy
01-08-2006, 02:18 AM
I wonder if I need more protein in my diet. I've been trying to follow the zone which says 40% of calories from carbs, 30% from protein & 30% from fat. I'm usually very close to that. Like today I had...

41% Carbs (191)
31% fat (54)
28% protein (110)

Do you think I should try going higher then 110 for my protein? I have some leftover shake from when I was trying low carb. It called Ketojuice and has 100 calories, 2 carbs, 23 grams of protein. Usually I try and only use calories for something that will fill me up but maybe this shake will help?

curlylocks
01-08-2006, 10:23 AM
that is so cool angel! i prob wouldnt have much luck trying to ski... i am so un-coordinated lol ive been thiking i would love to learn how to ride a horse... umm i dont know how i would manage that since i am very allergic to horse hair but .. what the heck, just pop some industrial strength benedryl before i try.. lol

BeatlesFan
01-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Grrr sometimes I hate living in the boonies. I wanted so bad to buy a mango today, but they didn't have any. :(

I did buy some soy cheese and it's pretty darn tasty. :D

curlylocks
01-08-2006, 07:07 PM
calories-1259
carbs-93
protein-88

exercise: 30 min on the gazelle,
walked 5 miles at 5 am :dizzy:

angel-eyes
01-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Wow...Curly, you give new meaning to 'rise and shine' !!! Great job on the walking!!!

Beatles fan......my MIL swears by soy cheese. She eats a whack of it!!

Iwmonn.....thanks for the article. I've been finding that the extra protein (via smoothies) have definitely curbed my hunger. LOVE THEM!! Petra has converted me into a carb countdown drinker.

What a gorgeous day today!!....I think it got up to 63F, a perfect day to take down all the outside Christmas decorations. (phew...finally!) Sad to see everything packed away though....I just love Christmas time!! Everyone seems to be doing really well these days, hears to being OP!!!

petra65
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Dee-I got the perfect book for you today. No pun intended. It's called The Perfect Fit Diet. It is a written by a physician who I think shares my philosophy about weight loss. You have to find what works for you. She has you take an extensive quiz to help you figure out which diet plan will likely fit your lifestyle the best and then gives you some extra information to help you tweek your plan. Obviously I haven't read the whole book yet but this his another keeper. I ordered The Thin Commandments too Curly. I'm going to have the best weight loss library on the East Coast. I also finished the first section of my weight loss curriculum today-WAHOO!! I'm sure that will need some tweeking too but at least I have something done from start to finish. It's 50 pages but I'm pretty happy with it. The other doctor who is working on this with me has never really been overweight in her life. I"m thinking I"m going to have to compile a reading list for her. There are a few books I suspect almost every overweight person has read: Dr. Phil, Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, The South Beach Diet. Can you guys think of any others? This Perfect Diet book may have to go on the list and The Thin Commandments and maybe Thin for Life. She will have to learn to think like a fat person, LOL.

angel-eyes
01-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Two books that come to mind Petra....are; Get with the program by Bob Greene and Winning by losing by Jillian Michaels!! (sorry couldn't resist...lol)

Today was a great day. I finished up with 1336 cal, 34% carb/34%protein/32%fat

Breakfast: 2wwheat toast, slice of cheese, pat of butter
Snack:tangerine
Lunch: wwheat tortilla, fake lobsterstuff , 1T ff miracle whip, lettuce, ff yogourt
snack: ff carb countdown smoothie (.5 scoop protein powder)
dinner: 1 slice meatloaf, 2C spinach, 6 spears aspargus
14 glasses of water....gulp*

Valerie Joy
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Petra I've read the SBD and Mastering The Zone. Both books have helped me a lot but I really love the recipies in the Zone book!

I was wondering if our protein experts could check my shake info and tell me if you thinks it's healthy.

http://www.naturesplus.com/products/sf.asp?cryteria=sf&sf=&productNumber=4737

I've been trying to up my protein a bit since I seem to be so hungry all the time recently! I had 101 grams of protein today.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

S: Yogurt & strawberries (190)
S: Ketojuice smoothie (50)
D: Frozen orange Chicken (345)
D: Romaine salad w/lite Thousand Island dressing (60)

Calories 1315
Exercise 30 minutes Tae Bo, 1 mile walk outside :carrot:

iwmonn
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the new book suggestion Petra. That is EXACTLY what I need, besides a personal chef and trainer. I just want someone to tell me exactly when/what to do and exactly when/what to eat. I don't want choices at this time in my transition lol... But a book that can help me figure it out is the next best thing ;) I'll be interested what you think when you finish reading it.

B- coffee/creamer
B- Odwalla Blueberry monster w/2 envelopes rice protein powder
L- 1 corn tortilla, 1 oz string cheese, 1 oz roast beef, 6 pretzels
S- 2 bites banana bread
D- 3/4 C mashed potatoes, 1/2 C SOS, 1 C string beans
S- I'm thinking 1/2 - 1 cup NSA Dryers ice cream

Gotta walk, shower, then figure points and post 'em. I'll bbiab. hugssss ya'll.

Louie
01-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Howdy Partners !!

Petra, you are certainly getting yourself quite a collection of books ! I have read The Zone, South Beach, Atkins, Schwarzbian Principle, and most recently Protein Power ;) I am sure there are others, but I can't remember :dizzy:

I had my first meal out today since starting Protein Power... I had school so for lunch we went to Subway. I had the roasted chicken salad and although the bread smell was to die for I didn't even feel tempted :carrot:

My overall counts for the day wer 1457 calories, 134 protein, and 33 carbs.

See ya monday !

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 08:15 AM
wooooooooooo hoooo! thats the way to do it tlb!

petra65
01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
TLB you are doing awesome. Thanks for the ideas ladies. What I am looking for are books you think every overweight person or at least every overweight woman has read. There is a sort of counterculture to obesity that she doesn't understand and if she started to read some of the books that ALL of us have read than she might sort of start to get the grasp.

I stayed up later than I should have last night to do the quiz in the book. She divides diets into calorie counting, fat counting, and carb counting. From what I can tell, her fat counting would be my equivalent to a low glycemic diet (about 30% fat). Any way, I came out a split between the carb counting and the fat counting. My only criticism of this book is that she doesn't talk about food addictions. At least not from the parts that I've read so far, so she doesn't factor that in to choosing a plan but for other people who have struggled with one diet after another that didn't quite "fit" this is certainly a way to try to find something to get you on the right path. I may actually have to write to this author because she and I think so much alike.

I'm planning to make lamb stew in my crockpot today. I've browned my meat and sliced my veggies and will throw them in at lunchtime. I'll tell you how it turns out. Lamb is my favorite meat.

~zoey~
01-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Mornin' PICs:)

I have ordered the Sonoma diet, The Thin Commandments and The Perfect Fit Diet. I am working towards having a diet library like Petra's. LOL :D

I like the books How to Eat Like a Thin person [old book] by Dusky and Leedy and Thin For Life by Fletcher.

I am still stuck, but I think that maybe the first stage of the Sonoma diet will get me headed in the right direction. I am beginning to think that the holidays did some damage [because I allowed them to of course]!:(

Curly, your oatmeal eating dog is neat, I used to have a cat who loved pineapple juice.:p

Congrats to all of the losers. We have great progress in this group!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

zoey

angel-eyes
01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Good Morning PIC's!! :coffee:
Petra....woohoo!! for you, I noticed your ticker is going down down. Keep it up!!!

Valerie and Zoey.....you are going to be our next book worms!! Isn't it great, the more info you learn the more you want to learn. Not sure if you'll be up to Petra's library, but we'll pick your brains either way!!

Forgot to weigh in today, oops....so tommorow is it, no excuses. I hurt my wrist over the weekend and although I've been icing it, I took a pain pill last night and boy I slept well. Groggy though waking up....could have easily slept in and almost forgot about gettting ds up for the bus. Hard to get going today, I might just snooze for a bit later on. I'll check back later, everyone have a good OP day!!

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 01:12 PM
yeah i think i would actually go ahead and buy the thin commandments i reaaly liked that one.. the rest i just borrow from the library..

well not sure if we are gonna have to work today or not they were doing some work on the electric service at work.. and wee have to call at 1 to see if we have to come in...(crossing fingers) tho i have had a jam packed morning..

walked 5 miles .. went to workout already for an hour.. took chai up to my mom's house since all the kids in the neighborhood are at school he was able to run around without a leash.. ( he's a nipper!)

so i am tired now and would like to go to work to get some rest LMAO !

~zoey~
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Petra, reporters have finally picked up the bad dog food story. It has been on TV and there are articles in Business week, The NY Times and The Detroit Free Press, among others. I am so glad that you saw the notice as soon as you did!

zoey

BeatlesFan
01-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Val, I wish I could help with you with info on your protein powder, but I'm not up to parr yet. Hopefully someone here will see if it looks like a go.

I am in pitty party mode today. Everyone from work went out to an all you can eat pizza and more buffet at my favorite pizzeria. I opted not to go for two reasons. My pocketbook, and my health. :D I would have enjoyed the company though, but my doggies do seem glad to see me. ;)

I broke down and purchased WATP. I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. I can't wait. :carrot:

I hope everyone is having a great day!

~zoey~
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Thoughts For The Day

You've got to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to hurt.

"It's a drum corps field. We just let the football players use it in the off season".

The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the woman who is doing it.

Music can bring about a change from mere existence to life.

People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.

zoey

angel-eyes
01-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Petra....Here is the newslink that reported about the Diamond food co.s toxic pet food. I Kobe is doing well and there's been no permanent damage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10771943/ I'm so glad its now in the news, although for some its a little too late.

charliekay
01-09-2006, 03:00 PM
well i was very bad this weekend,my hubby took me to logans roadhouse and i pigged out,i ate rolls,steak, baked tator with butter and sour cream,and had two long island teas.boy i paid for it when i got on the scales today too,i feel horrible for doing that :( now i just feel worthless :(

Valerie Joy
01-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi PIC's!

I had my weekly weigh in today and I was down two more pound bringing me into the teens.. I can almost see making onderland now! :carrot:

I paid for 3 more months at curves. They are trying to collect for the last 9 months and I told them I would have to go somewhere else if they were going to do that since it was their mistake! I was checking into Bally's but they are $49 a month when curves is only $39 a month. :dizzy:

Angel Eyes I hope your wrist is feeling better!

Beatles Fan good luck on passin up the pizza. :jeno: I know this is my one weakness next to peanut butter. It's amazing the calories that can be packed into regular pizza.

Valerie Joy
01-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I can't add my flower :( It says that I can't be over 600 characters in my signature. So I guess no new flowers for me?:?:

Edit.. oh well I took my flowers off. Apparently some people didn't like you having a picture for each 5 pounds lost. It was very motivating for me and I didn't think my sig tag was very large.

I also don't like that fact that my ticker isn't showing up on all my my posts now. :(

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 03:34 PM
hey we could use the sunshine thingy for 10's and the flowers for fives

yeah that sux!

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
charlie just dont give up... consider it a bump in the road...

~zoey~
01-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Charlie, you are *not* worthless! :hug: You just slipped off the wagon, and you can just get back on again. We all slip sometimes. Hang in there!

zoey

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 05:14 PM
i dont see how u could be over 600 even with your flowers val

BeatlesFan
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I am so very glad that I decided to come home and eat lunch today. We were totally swamped at work this afternoon, and my nice healthy lunch was the perfect fuel to get me through it. ;)

NSV - my chin has some definition to it! Woo hoo! :carrot: I'm going to wait a few more weeks and I just might be able to wear my wedding rings again. It's been so long since they've graced these chubby fingers. :D

curlylocks
01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
val: your ketojuice looks like a good deal to me!
todays calories= 1168
carbs=63
protein=106

charliekay
01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
thank u all so much,i have done good today and hopefully i can stay on track. and i know what u mean beatles fan,i can't wait to get my rings on again!!! we own a pizza restaurant so i know how hard it is to pass up the pizza,that is part of the reason i am here now.way too much pizza

petra65
01-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Charlie-failure isn't falling down. It's falling down, and refusing to get up. A couple pages ago, I asked you to explain your plan. I'm collecting info on different plans.

Val-I got a couple of of those shake mixes for Christmas. I haven't tried them out yet. Are they any good?

Good for you with the reading Zoey. Hope you like Sonoma. I think it's a good plan. It's interesting to hear what other people have been having to say about it in that forum. I've been reading Thin for Life. That book has a major low fat bias which I find very annoying. Once you get past that, there is some good information in the book.

petra65
01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I was reading some more out of the The Perfect Fit Diet tonight which I mostly like but I got to the part about sugar addiction so I had to tell you what she says. Sometimes I feel like I live on another planet, because these very educated doctors say things that just seem ridiculous to me. She talks about the fact that sugar is the only substance we eat that actually stimulates opiate receptors in the brain and the rat studies on sugar addiction and how some people feel they are "addicted" to sweets. Then on the next page she goes on to say how if you like sweets, you need to find a way to incorporate them in your diet . Did I miss something here? Last time I checked, the only treatment we had for addiction was abstinence. She also goes on to mention her own observation that if she stays away from them her own cravings for sweets go away. HELLO?

Valerie Joy
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Petra the Ketajuice tastes good. I have it in Wild Berry. It is hard to get it mixed all the way. I got another protein shake at Ocso today called Carb Solutions. I was upset because it didn't come with a scoop so I really don't know how it use it. I've been having 1/2 a shake in the afternoon & 1/2 shake in the evening.

My protein was up to 128 for the day but my fat was low according to the zone.. only 19% when it should be 30%

Monday, January 09, 2006

S: No Pudge sundae cone (110)
S: 2 slices low carb bread, 2 slices NF cheese (130)
D: Broccoli & Beef dinner (290)
D: ½ cup LF yogurt, ½ cup mandarin oranges (150)
S: Carb Solutions shake (55)
S: Okra (15)

Calories 1437
Exercise 45 mintues curves, 30 minutes Tae Bo :carrot:

Valerie Joy
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
What do you protein experts think about the Carb solutions shake? What type of protein shakes do you all use?

http://www.carbsolutions.com/pages/productDetails.aspx?PID=25

petra65
01-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Val that looks goods from the nutrition standpoint. I use Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder. I usually mix it in yogurt or carb countdown milk with fruit or other things. The scoop in my powder is 1/3 cup. I don't know if that is a standard size or not. I don't use the scoop. I measure it out by the tablespoon.

Louie
01-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi Chickadees !!

I am happy to report that this protein power girl has lost 5.2 lbs in her first week. :cp:

Petra - I went out and got my vitamins tonight... I have been having some light headed/dizzy feelings the past few days (most significantly when I first get up in the morning) so I am hoping the vitamins will help ?!?! I got Vitamin E, L-Carnitine, Magnesium, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha-Lipoic.. sound like I am missing anything ?!?!?!? (i tried to follow what they mentioned in the book)

Val - congrats on your 2 lbs... you are doing so well !!!

Valerie Joy
01-10-2006, 01:47 AM
TLB congrats on your 5.2 pounds! Thats amazing in your first week! Keep up the good work :cp:

petra65
01-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Teri-the lightheaded dizziness thing is probably partly potassium losses that go with the big water loss during your first week. I think they recommend potassium for the first 2 weeks for exactly that reason. We don't eat food that is high in potassium (oranges, potatoes, and bananas) Sounds like you are doing good with the vitamins. You may want to consider fish oil unless you eat a lot of fish (sardines, LOL). They have a whole forum devoted to supplements on the board as you may have noticed. This a big topic on this board and many low carb dieting boards. I assume you also take a multivitamin. I don't take vitamin E because it is somewhat controversial but a lot of people really believe in it. I take a B complex in addition to the stuff you take, just personal preference.

curlylocks
01-10-2006, 07:40 AM
"you rock TLB" !!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

angel-eyes
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Good Morning PIC's....:wave:
How's everyone today? Its a grey rainy day here, so I'm on my best behaviour. Rain really depresses me so I've got to keep busy or I know I'll be stashed somewhere in the pantry!!

Charlie.....Just consider your dinner out as just that....a dinner out, its not the end of the world (although it might feel like that) but one moment in time that doesn't define YOU. Today is another day and just keep working at it, one step, one meal at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Valerie....WTG, another 2 lbs!!! :carrot: My protein powder is a vanilla whey from Costco. I love it!! Its a huge 6lb canister that I got for $20, LOVE IT!! I mix a scoop with 1 C ff carb countdown and 1 C of semi frozen peaches and it whips up like a milk shake to almost 3 Cups. yum yum

TLB.....WOW GF!!! That is a great start to the new protien power girl that you are!!! Keep it up.

Yesterday I went to Target and splurged a bit on some new workout wear. I can't believe I'm fitting into some of their XL's!!!! I might have bought more than I should but......I feel really good in them, besides coral is a favourite colour of mine. I'm also down today 2 more pounds. I had my doubts though, last night I snacked on a few sunchips and had a bowl of cereal befor bedtime. It could have been alot worse. Have a great day everyone and keep up the OP days!!!

charliekay
01-10-2006, 11:08 AM
thanks so much angel eyes for the encourging words,i stilll feel soo down,i got on the scales this morning and i went up 10 pounds!!!!!!!!! just from one day off,is that real pounds or just water weight gained back!! i really was depressed after being on the scales,makes me wonder whats the point of even trying this,i am drinking tons of water today and maybe tommorrow will be better :(

petra65
01-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Charlie, that is mostly water. This is especially true on low carb diets. If you have an indiscretion you bloat up like a balloon. I've only done it once and it was enough to teach me why not to do it again. The good news is, it also comes off quickly if you get back on the wagon.

curlylocks
01-10-2006, 05:13 PM
grrrrr these people calling me at work are gonna drive me totally insane! i guess i better go outwork tonite so i can get rid of some of this stress!!!

petra65
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I tried my Ketojuice shake tonight with yogurt. This didn't work out well. I think I should have just followed the directions on the package.

curlylocks
01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
calories: 1126
carbs: 24
protein: 142

lol i had to recheck those numbers to make sure i saw them correctly..

Valerie Joy
01-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm having a good day here. Staying on plan and keeping my exercise in. I've been high on the protein since I started the shakes and I'm a bit concerned since I'm not following the zone recomendations but It does seem to be helping with the hunger some!

Petra try the ketojuice mixed just with water. I think you'll like it!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

S: No pudge Sundae cone (110)
S: 2 slices low carb bread, 2 laughing cow cheese wedges (140)
S: Carb Solutions shake (55)
D: Zone Sweet & sour chicken w/bamboo shoots, pinapple, tomato sauce, chicken stock & cornstarch(216)

Calories 1294, protein 126
Exercise 45 mintues Tae Bo :carrot:

Louie
01-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Good Evening - just checking in, but unfortunately I can't stay long as I worked late and now I am studying :(

I had a business meeting over lunch and they ordered in pizza.. ARGG. I had one piece..but guess what .. I didn't eat the crust. I just ate the pepperoni and the cheese and then when I got back to my desk I ate my real lunch. (some days I even amaze myself :D )

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and I will talk to you soon.

Valerie Joy
01-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Good job on resisting the pizza TLB! I doubt I could have done that!:cheer:

curlylocks
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Just a thought... I know its probably best to pick a plan and stick to it faithfully... but i also think there is nothing wrong with incorporating "good ideas" from other plans... as in val's "zone" i dont see where adding more protein would hurt... "protein Zone" lol

i like like my "protein Beach" plan... As long as its something u can live with and you "GIT R DONE"

Have a great day... gotta scoot... i have a chow-spitz waiting impatienty to go for his morning stroll!

curlylocks
01-11-2006, 11:46 AM
bump

angel-eyes
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah!!! TLB!!! good job side stepping the pizza!!:jeno: You are doing so well!!

Valerie....I would think that a higer protein would be okay also. It sure helps with the hunger doesn't it?

Curly....Our local grocery store has South Beach frozen meals 4/$5.00....sounds like a good deal. I picked up a few that had really good ratio's of carbs vs protein but some of them are really whacked. 39 gr carbs to 4 gr protein. yikes....and the sodium on some of them are really high.

My tallies for yesterday are.....1447 calories, 40%carb/27%protein/29%fat. I also had a great workout yesterday. I was a madman doing situps. I can't believe how many I can do now. grrrr Abs o' steel woman!!! :lol:

I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch today and a trip to wally mart. Hope I can keep my wallet intact!!

Valerie Joy
01-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just got back from a really good workout at curves. I worked up a good sweat. It's weird now I really like to sweat :lol:

Curly I think at first it's really good to stick to a plan but I've been on the zone for a few months now and have a good understanding of how it's working for me. I think it's ok to tweak it a bit to make it fit my life even better! The extra protein seems to be helping me feel less hungry and I do enjoy the shakes.

I have an appointment to show a lab called sport today. I'm really excited. Though I didn't foster sport I did take a special interest in him. He's an older lab mix, about 8 years old. It broke my heart to see him caged in a vets office since he didnt' have a foster home. I took him home one night to get a good picture and made a bunch of fliers. Someone saw my flier & now she's seeing sport today! I think she's going to adopt him! :carrot:

petra65
01-11-2006, 05:34 PM
TLB-good job with the pizza. You are doing awesome woman!

I'm with you guys on the tweeking thing. The only thing with low carb plans is that you have to be careful not to violate the underlying science or the whole thing goes out the window. I don't think any of you guys are doing that, I could just imagine some people trying that. In fact, after thinking about Charlie's episode a went back to my little curriculum and wrote a couple extra little pieces about the dangers of cheating on your low carb diet. I think it screws you up more on low carb than any other type of plan because of the metabolic stuff.

I have my slow burn session tonight although a little later because of all the new people signing up for personal training time at the gym for the new year. I also wore some clothes to work that I've been trying to get into for 2 years.

curlylocks
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM
calories= 1156
carbs=92
protein=104

iwmonn
01-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey PIC's,

I've been so busy here lol... but I've been keeping an eye on the board. Good Job Ladies, and way to get back on program Charlie! It's hard to get back on track sometimes. I'm finding it easier every time... ;) Plus as I'm progressing, and finding out about myself, I go longer in between 'cheats', and they seem to be a little healthier each time too.

I'm finding myself still obsessing on food tho.... not on the sweet/salty/oooey/gooey stuff, but on finding substitutes for all those things that will make me feel the same as if I were having the real thing. I think I hit on a realization this afternoon that there are those things out there, and they are good, but I'm not really changing my patterns, am I....... I keep on learning....

Petra~ I cleaned out my bookcase for a trip to the thrift shop today and my 'diet library' consists of a couple of Covert Baily The New Fit or Fat and Fit or Fat Target Recipes. I haven't actually looked at them in years, but I recall I don't think I'd recommend them as it was difficult to imagine following FOF for life, and the recipes that I tried were horrible.... just my opinion lol... I also have The Carbohydrate Addict's Program for Success. It's a companion to The Carb Addict's Diet which I never read..... Again I haven't read it in ages, but I remember thinking parts of it were talking directly to me.... I'm going to donate the FOF books, but I'm gonna hang onto the other and re-read. Also, at the thrift shop today, I found Protein Power but I left it because I remember you said there was a newer title that was much better. I did get a copy of Dr Bob Arnot's Revolutionary Weight Control Program. Have you read that one and what's your verdict? It seems, from a very cursory glance that it targets glycimic values (which as a diabetic is a good plan :shrug: i think) .... I could kick myself for passing on the copy of The Zone! Anyways... I'm interested in reading, but still afraid of learning and trying to apply too much from too many sources again.....

I haven't been able to exercise cuz I pulled something I think.... I can't make the pain happen on purpose but I'm afraid to move cuz when I move "just so" (and it's not the same movement every time) I get such a pain in my side it puts me in tears......

Today has been a no-no day for me.... i headed to Ft Bragg this morning and didn't have anything to eat til 1pm and it was McDonalds... a dbs chsburger (I tossed the top of the bun. I ate the fries :mad: :tantrum: :rollpin: I just wanted to purge immediately, which is an absolute no-no!!! Anyways, I'm on my way to my meeting and I hope I'll have something good to post later.

:grouphug: to all of you!!! TTYS :)

btw...has anyone heard from any of our PIC's MIA???

Valerie Joy
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

The couple took Sport today! I'm so happy he found a good home! :carrot:

Dee I hope your side feels better soon. What do you think it is a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve?

S: No pudge Sundae cone (110)
D: Zone Black Bean Stew w/zuchini, chicken, salsa & onions (345)
S: Carb Solutions Shake (50)

Calories 1332
Exercise 45 mintues curves, 30 minutes Tae Bo

iwmonn
01-11-2006, 11:48 PM
*big huge sigh*

well, not a good weigh-in. Although, only 1 person in my meeting had a loss of .5 lb, everyone else gained. There was a problem with getting the scale to work at all so maybe it was malfunctioning. I had a 3 lb gain. I'm so not perfect, but I really feel like I did better than that. I'll take it tho, and go from there. I*nods*. But I'm not changing my ticker this week as our leader wasn't there to verify the accuracy of the scale. (Is that to lame?)

Val~ I'm not sure what I did, but I think I pulled something sort of in my hip??? It feels like a knife sticking me if I bend wrong or whatever. Actually not a good excuse for not exercising.... because I know I can walk without aggrevating it... soooooo I will walk. ;) Sport is adorable. I want a puppy so bad. But, I can't do that to Annie.... after 7 years, she still thinks Clyde is just visiting lmao... How are you liking that Tae Bo now?

B coffee/cream
L McDonalds dbl cheeseburger, sm ff, sm diet coke
S Wolfgang Puck Mocha Latte (100 cal)
D 2 oz Steak, 3 C fresh steamed Broccoli, 1 C cheese Tortelini, 12 grain baguette, 1 T Earth Balance.

Valerie Joy
01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I LOVE the Tae Bo! I feel like I'm really burning a lot of calories with it. I really want to order the Turbo Jam dvds also.

Hope your hip feels better Dee.

Everyone have a good night :)

angel-eyes
01-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi everyone!! My lunch out with my GF went well. I tried to subtly suggest Applebee's and she went for it. However.....I stuck to my guns and went with a ww's meal, the new confetti chicken but she ordered the deep fried citrus chicken. The whole meal I could smell her tangy citrus sauce but I didn't give it to even try it. The confetti chicken is really good, the chicken had a smokey flavour. yum yum. Tommorow its back at the gym though, today was a play day with rest only.

I did manage to find some clearance items for me (a nice change) and got a really cute teal ski jacket. Last week when I went skiing I had to use dh's polar fleece windbreaker.....this new jacket is so much more ME!!! Anywho.. today was a great day. Did anyone catch the biggest loser show tonight? Part 2 is next week, this is the 'engaged couples' competing for a $50,000 paid wedding. Incredible the weightloss for only 11 days.

Iwmonn.....don't despair, I'm saying the scale was wonky!! Next week will be even better, you're doing so well. Good score on the books!! Glad to hear you still made it for your walk.

Valerie....Sport was adorable!!! I'm so glad he's adopted, thanks to your extra effort!!! We adopted our dog from an animal shelter and we're so happy with her.

Petra....Did you survive your slow burn class? yikes.... lol.... woohoo on discovering new 'older' clothes!!!:carrot:

curlylocks
01-12-2006, 07:55 AM
good morning PICS! cant walk this morning ... the fog is as thick as pea soup.. and tho i want to be thinner dont wanna get that way by being flattened out!

Wishing everyone a happy OP day!

P.s. HAHA i just walked around the yard for 30 min... chai was happy anyways!

looking2lose
01-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Good Morning PICs! Looks like you are all doing so great! I am so proud of you for hanging in there and staying strong and true.

Can I come back? Please? I miss you all so much. Depression kicked in big time with seasonal affective disorder...and look at my weight ticker. I have PCOS, have had it for years...well, now i have insulin resistance (found out last night) and I start Metformin today. I have been working so hard and just keep on gaining weight, and gaining weight...now I know why. But, if nothing else, it's enough to boot my butt back into my new routines.

I am even coming back with a blinky flower!! There is so much more I want to say, but I have to catch up on some reading here.

Love & Hugs to all,
L2L (aka Jenn)

curlylocks
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
:cheer: WELCOME BACK L2L :cheer:

charliekay
01-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Charlie, that is mostly water. This is especially true on low carb diets. If you have an indiscretion you bloat up like a balloon. I've only done it once and it was enough to teach me why not to do it again. The good news is, it also comes off quickly if you get back on the wagon.

thanks,i am having a hard time staying motivated to not cheat now that i have,i am so discourged :( i am finally back down to where i lost originally but i should be so much further now .thanks again.

angel-eyes
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Charlie....baby steps....one thing at a time!!! It is very confusing to see such a big difference in the scale and although we don't understand why?...it does take some time to get over that and to continue the committment to lose weight and get healthy!!! That was just one meal....FUHGET ABOUT IT!!! Or? remember and learn from it. You are sooo right...today is a new day!!! The sun is shining (hopefully) and just get some good OP meals under way and you'll feel like night and day. One OP day will then lead to another and another. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

:welcome3: L2L !!!! YEAH!!! We missed you GF!!! I'm sorry to hear of all your health issues, but we'll rally to your side in a heartbeat!!! :hug: congratulaltions on your flower :carrot:

Curly....yes, I would imagine safety while walking in fog is important!!! good job in getting that 30 min of yark walk in.

~zoey~
01-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Curly........Glad to hear that you survived your walk. ;)

Charlie........Hang in there Babe! :hug:

L2L.........:welcome2: back! Sorry to hear about your troubles.:(

I have been reading the Sonoma diet book and it sounds like my kind of program. I don't think that I could stick with really low carb long term, but the Sonoma plan allows for a lot of complex carbs, whole wheat bread, pasta, etc., and even natural peanut butter [gotta have *some* peanut butter]!:) I am working on getting what Curly would call "the white stuff" out of my kitchen. I have some frozen WW and Healthy Choice meals to finish up and then I will start with wave one. Wish me luck. I have been sitting here at minus 14 pounds FOREVER!:dizzy:

zoey

charliekay
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
thank you soo much angel eyes,your encourgment helps me alot. hey do ya'll think that the pills carb blockers would help me on my diet.its a low carb high protein diet,and its really hard for me to keep my carb number low.i really need something to kick start this again.

BeatlesFan
01-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Val - I'm glad that you found Sport a home. :hug:

Angel - I can just see you in that jacket you ski bunny you. ;)

L2L - I'm Gwena it's nice to meet you. :hug:

I had to drop a class today because I just didn't have the nine hours that the instructor said I would need a week to devote to that class. I DID sign up for a fitness class. The requirements for the fitness class is to work out two times a week during the semester. I am so excited! I go for orientation tomorrow. :carrot:

curlylocks
01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
now thats something i didnt think of .. a fitness class at the college... hmmm thats a great idea..

calories 1284
carbs 104 ( had a sweet potato at dinner)
106 protein

my numbers are a bit higher today than i like.. i better watch it tomorrow..

Louie
01-12-2006, 09:00 PM
L2L - welcome back ! I just re-started again ... we can do this. I am going to PM you and maybe we can keep each other motivated and on track!!

Okay silly question for the day... unless otherwise stated on the bottle (ie with a meal) is there a better time of day to take vitamins then others ?? I have been taking all of mine with dinner, except for when i have to take 1 - 3 times a day... is this okay or should I take them in the morning or broken up during the day :?: (told you it was silly :p )

okay i must study..i have worked late the last 2 nights and got nothing none !!

have a good night and TTYS

petra65
01-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Charlie-glad you are back on the wagon. You will have to excuse or get used to my AA references all the time but you really have to take this one day at a time. Sometimes, one meal at a time. Just make good choices today and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here. Are you have cravings again or are you asking something else? I was unsure from your question. There are some things people recommend for cravings but I would have to go hunt them down. I'm a believer in L-carnitine which is supposed to help you burn fat but not everyone believes in it and it is expensive.

L2L-you know you are always welcome here. Glad to see you again. I hope the metformin helps.

Dee-hope your hip is better soon. You are doing great sticking with your WW program.

Teri-I sort of divide my supplements up and take some in the morning and some in the evening just so I don't have to swallow all those pills at once. Also a few of the ones I take are twice a day anyway. I don't think it matters too much otherwise. If you are trying to build up to a pretty large magnesium dose you might want to split that up to avoid the GI side effects.

Zoey-good luck with Sonoma. I think it is a very good plan. People seem to be enjoying it and losing with it. Even people who have been stuck for awhile. It does require quite a bit of cooking so I hope you like to cook. Check out the sonoma forum. They are exchanging recipes and grocery lists and all that good stuff over there.

iwmonn
01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
*hug* L2L! It's great to have you back with us! "Can I come back???" Of course you can come back. The more the merrier, right?!? I wish more of our PIC's would pop back in. Once a PIC always a PIC ;) Welcome back gf.

Curly~ LOL walking around the yard. I've resorted to that before. But how's that Gazelle??? Do you feel like you're getting a good workout when you use it?

Charliekay~ Keep your chin up gf... keep coming back. There will always be someone to help you dust yourself off. :high:

AngelEyes~ :hug: just cuz ;)

All of you other PIC's... Thanks for just being here, and just being the wonderful PIC's that you all are :grouphug:

B - Wolfgang Puck mocha
and a Protein drink- (rice protein powder, unsweetened choc soymilk, sm. banana, 1/2 C yogurt) 365cals, 24.5protein, 25carb, ?ww points

L - 4 oz (approx 1+ oz each) ham, turkey and smoked salmon, 2 corn thins, 1oz lf string chz, 1 hb egg, 2 slice tomato. ?? cals, protein, carbs, points

D - I'm still figuring out what to have lol

I'll bbl to post results ... have a great night Ladies!

Edited:
Dinner wasn't as good as the rest of the day but i did have reasonable portions.... we had leftovers!! YAYYYYYY lmao...
brown rice w/peas 1/2 porkchop & gravy as a kind of cassarole, 1/2+ cup mashed potatoes w/1/2cup SOS, cucumbers, broccoli. Again I have no idea on stats for this hodgepodge of a meal.
S - 3/4 cup Bryers Cal Smart ice cream.... btw it is really good. So is the Carb Smart ice cream.

Valerie Joy
01-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone! I had a good day today. Kept my calories under 1600 and exercised :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006

S: No Pudge sundae cone (110)
D: 4 oz ground beef, 1 slice rye, spinach salad (370)

Calories 1575
Exercise 1 hour Tae Bo :carrot:

curlylocks
01-13-2006, 05:36 AM
the gazelle is ok.. but i prefer walking.. and since i have a dog that wants to run run run.. i like to get out and wear him out in the morning so he isnt looing for ways to entertain himself when i am at work! lol

i live in one of the best places to walk .. i have water on 3 sides of me so the scenery is always great..

if i could figure out a way to make the puter run on gazelle power i would be a twig in a few months lmao!

i found this general foods internatioal chai tea latte on sale cheap cheap... its sugar free and 30 cal its yummy!

petra65
01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Good morning ladies. I have officially lost 50 lbs! YEAH! Only took 10 months, LMAO!!

~zoey~
01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah Petra!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Fifty pounds gone forever. Feels great doesn't it?

My ticker is finally headed in the right direction again. About time.

Happy Friday the 13th to all PICs.

zoey

looking2lose
01-13-2006, 11:19 AM
:woo: Hoorrayyy for Petra :hug: Congratulations what a milestone. I am really, really proud of you. You go girl!!!!!

Good morning everyone!!! Started a a new water pill also today...holy moley I think they should give me a laptop computer and I can type from the potty. At least I am gaining some serious mileage running to the bathroom!! LOL:carrot:

Hopefully in a month I will have my ankles back~ YAY (I know they're in there somewhere between my knees and my toes) ;)

Have a good day everyone!
Hugs,
L2L

charliekay
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
hey petra,i was just asking if anyone knew if the pills that block excess carbs would work good with my diet,i am on a low carb diet but sometimes its hard to keep my carbs low,and with these pills they may help make up the difference,i am taking fat blockers right now called xenical but they dont block carbs.i have seen the carb blockers and have wanted to try them.

angel-eyes
01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Petra!!!! I'm so excited and proud of you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've certainly worked hard and I noticed your ticker going down and down before you said anything!!!!

Sorry Charlie....I don't have any info or experience with those carb blocker pills. Maybe ask at the health supplement store (GNC?)

L2L....woohooo gotta love those water pills!! lol...you GO girl haha...literally!!

TLB....I would break up your pills through out the day and most times some work better when taken with food.

Iwmonn....Your food journal looks good but pls try to figure out those ww's pts. You could be setting yourself up for a gain without really knowing it. BTW...with your pork chop and mashed potatoe....what is 1/2 C SOS? Just curious.

Curly....haha, you make me laugh....hooking the puter up to the gazelle!!! Wouldn't that be a great idea.

Okay....talk about crazy weather.:dizzy: ... Yesterday was 63F and now today its snowing like its nobody's business!!! Good thing I have my new trusty teal ski jacket!!! :D I bought this new alfredo sauce by Walden farms....ohhhh soooo sinful but without any carbs or fat. Its awesome!!! I just had a egg white omlette, with louis kemp seafood lobster stuff and drizzled some of the alfredo sauce....OMG!!! and? completely OP!!!:carrot: It feels like I just went out to brunch at a fancy restaurant. Can you tell I'm excited? haha

Valerie Joy
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Yay Petra!! :jig: :bravo: :cp: :woo:

50 pounds is so awsome!

I saw someone at curves today that I had not seen for a few months and she was really amazed at how different I looked! I tend to not notice since I see myself everyday so this was a real nice reward :)

Charlie I have not heard of carb blockers. Maybe a low carb diet isn't the best choice for you if you have a hard time sticking to it. I know we have a couple low carbers here that do really well but I tried it and couldn't do it at all. I just do calorie counting & a good carb diet (low glycymic) and it works for me. You just have to find something you can stick with!

It's really bugging me that I can't see peoples tickers on every post. Like just now for petra I had to go searching for a post with her ticker. She should have been able to have her ticker on her 50 pound post IMHO.

BeatlesFan
01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Petra - that is fantastic news!! Congrats! :hug:

Val - I'm sure that you look awesome! I can't wait to see the new you baby!

Charlie - I've tried low to no carbs and they just don't work for me. I do my best when I eat a nice well balanced diet. :D

Well gang, I went to my fitness center orientation at the college today. First you do cardio for 8 - 10 minutes then you go around and circuit train on the weight machines, and afterwards you finish off with at least 5 minutes of cardio. Let's just say 10 minutes on an elliptical just about killed me, but I did it. :carrot:

angel-eyes
01-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Valerie....Sometimes when I pop in on an email link (vs coming to the site and then logging in....) I don't see the tickers on every post, myself included. Strange huh?

Beatlesfan....woohooo!!! That must have been a killer first workout!!! WTG!!!I think it's awesome that you joined on campus. Here's to the new you!!

Dh was off today and we went to preview a new fitness centre that is opening up very close to our house. WOW!! This place doesn't open up for another month but offered a great deal. NO CONTRACT.....an enrollment of a one time price of $29 and only $20 a month thereafter. From now until when the new center opens, he can use other locations in the mean time. All the treadmills (25 in all) also have individual tv's with cable!!! How cool is that? STATE OF THE ART BABY!! Anyway, he is pumped and will go for a personal trainer session tommorow, hehe...and I can tag along! woohooo:carrot: Never know what tips I can pick up.

BeatlesFan
01-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Angel - that sounds like a great deal! Let me know if you learn any good tips.

It just started snowing here too. :( Well at least it waited until after I made it home with the girls.

charliekay
01-13-2006, 08:53 PM
i wish it would snow here,so unseasonable this year so far :(

Louie
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS PETRA !!!! :woo:

curlylocks
01-13-2006, 10:02 PM
ok if any of u guys have mice .. just print these out and scatter them around...

iwmonn
01-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Ladies,

First things First..... YEAAAAAAA PETRA!!!! 50 lbs is soooo awesome. What a milestone. Hard work and determination has really worked for you, and helps the rest of us to know there is hope ;) Congratulations Petra!

Curly~ Hmmmmm how does Chai feel about you drinking cheap cheap Chai??? hehhehe.. bad joke, forgive me ;) LOL too, at the mice.... have your lil babies been bringing you presents?

AngelEyes~ YOu are right about the fact I should be figuring out my points and actually I have been making more of an effort to do just that.... and even tho I don't want to admit what SOS is, it's like hamburger gravy stuff.... was a very bad meal for me dietwise and bloodsugar wise too... Today has been so much better!

Charlie~ I think I would tend to listen to Val. I saw your post before about the carb blockers and I had the same thoughts. We have carried them at the store, but I've never tried them. I tend to think that if it sounds too good, it probably is......... My main thought is also that you are having such trouble keeping with the low carbs, maybe a different approach would be something to think about. You may be happier, and more successful. remember, what you finally decide must become a lifelong habit for you to maintain your goal...

Val~ LOL I only see the tickers once per PIC per page now too... just a recent development.... Do you see it every post AngelEyes???? I'd love to see a current pic of ya val... You've been doing so well.. I bet you look hot!! Nice of a strangerish person to notice huh :)

L2L~ Can't wait for ya to find your ankles!!!! they really help to keep the socks up ya know ;) :hug:

Gwena~ I think that's awesome about you to be able to do a workout, AND get credit for it to boot! You GO GIRL!

Ahhhh another of my rambling posts... lol. Sorry but it really helps :carrot: Now I'm gonna post my new chart listing my food stats.... It really does help to chart em... I can see where some work is necessary. Maybe I'll talk about that next... hmmmmmmmmm where'd everyone go?? C'mon guys, quit hiding- I'm only kidding hehehehehehehe...

Valerie Joy
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Curly I like your picture! It's good to put a name with a face!

Beatles Fan good job on your first workout! I'm weird about having my picture taken now. I don't really feel ready for a before and after yet. I realize that after 40 something pounds I have to look a lot different but I just dont' see it when I look in the mirror. When I get closer to my goal I will definetly post before and after shots.

Dee I like your chart! How did you make it? Looks like you ate very well today. The only two things I wouldn't have had are the banana & rice which are a higer glycymic rating then I normally eat.

I'm doing ok so far today. I'm a bit over on the calories. I wish I would stay out of the peanut butter because it's such a high calorie snack.

Friday, January 13, 2006

L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (170)
S: 2 slices of low carb bread, 2 laughing cow cheese wedges (170)
D: Chix on low carb bread, 1 slice LF cheese (290)
S: Yogurt & strawberries (190)

Calories 1640
Exercise 45 minutes curves, 35 minutes Tae Bo :carrot:

iwmonn
01-13-2006, 11:55 PM
val... I just did that chart by making a table in Word.. got my data from packages and nutritiondata.com, and the WW book, then I copied the page and pasted it into my pic editing program, cropped the chart out and converted it to a jpg... VOILA' ;) Also, I do understand the picture thing. LMAO MY before pic is in a black sport bra and lycra shorts..... AS IF I would ever post THAT for anyone to see under ANY circumstances lol.... I should do another for future public viewing hehehehe.....

I agree about the banana, and i think i'm gonna start passing on the yogurt too. But I thought brown rice was ok as it was much lower in the glycimic chart??? or maybe it's that they are a more complex carb than white?? Maybe I just dreamed that it was ok... Arrrgghhhhhh... it's all so cornfusing!! *pulling out hair*

The cals werent so bad, and the carbs were horrible, and I think the protein was good.....but I went 10 points over on my (28 per day) WW points!!! To top it all off, by my next weigh-in I'll be down to a 26 point daily allowance... YIKES!!

Man you guys... this took me hours to do. Here it is 8pm, I still have to do taxes and shower and be in bed by 9:30!!!

curlylocks
01-14-2006, 06:42 AM
dee fitday does all that for u

you can have brown rice.. i just avoid it cuz pasta and rice seem to b trigger foods for me

way to go petra.. instead of little blinking flowers u should get a red rose for 50

curlylocks
01-14-2006, 07:20 AM
no numbers from yesterday.. cuz my dad had surgery yesterday and this country mouse was in washington dc all day... 2 1/2 hour drive each way... tho i did stay on program and made good choicees food wise...

but i stayed at my moms house last night so no fit day to crunch my numbers... and my exercise was only running around the hospital all day..

we have to go back today to pick my dad up... he is fine but they didnt want to remove his iv cuz he was so full of blood thinners!

p.s he has the most awesome monitor on his puter.... flat screen .. lol

BeatlesFan
01-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Curly - I hope your Dad has a speedy recovery. I would never use your pics to rid the house of mice, your lovely! :hug:

Val - Post pics when your comfortable, I'm sure that you look great! I know that I'm not comfortable with myself as of yet, and may not be for quite awhile.

Charlie - No or low carb isn't the answer for everyone. I know that I can't run without them.

Today was my official weigh in day and I've hit the 20 pounds lost mark. The first 20 literally fell off, and I know that the next 60 isn't going to be that easy. I've made myself a goal to exercise every day! :carrot: So my happy hiney will be either at the fitness center doing my thing, or WATP each day. :D

angel-eyes
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Curly.....I'm glad to hear that your Dad's surgery went well. Those kind of stresses are often a trigger for me, so extra kudos for you for doing so well OP!!! And no....you may not take home his monitor!!! :nono:

Beatlesfan.....I love you ...ya ya...!!! sorry couldn't resist! WTG!!:cheer: Great job on dropping the first 20. Now the real work begins (as you've said...) excercising will make a huge difference....woohooo!!

~zoey~
01-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Mornin' PICs

Hey Charlie, I live in Tennessee too [on the Cumberland Plateau] and we have snow today. Did you get snow where you are?

I think that the PICs who are having trouble with low carb diets should look into Sonoma. It allows bread and pasta as long as they are whole grain. It also allows peanut butter and whole grain cereal. It looks to me like a pretty good lifetime plan. I have found that it is pretty easy to modify a lot of our favorite recipes to fit the plan. Alas, not those with white potatoes, though.

I finally managed to lose 2 pounds :carrot: :carrot: and I haven't really gotten started on Sonoma yet.

zoey

BeatlesFan
01-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Zoey - Congrats on the 2 pounds lost. You rock! :hug:

Does anyone think that I should set some short term goals? I have my long term goal set, but I somehow think that I might benefit from having a short term goal to aim at. I was thinking about setting it at 170 by the end of February. Does that sound realistic?

I just finished one mile of WATP, and I love it! My daughters started out walking with me, but they pooped out. Imagine me in all my glory walking my fanny off with two kids, and three dogs sitting on the couch watching me. ;)

petra65
01-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the congratulations guys. And good job for all of you are also losing.

Charlie-although I am a low carber and it definately been the diet for me, it is definately NOT the diet for everyone. As everyone else has already told you, you need to find a food plan you can live with for the rest of your life, not just one that will let you take off some quick pounds. In fact, this has been the slowest diet I've ever been on. You need to think about what foods you can and can't live without (and we're not talking about junk food here), what foods you really enjoy, and your lifestyle (do you like to cook? do you eat out a lot?) and figure out what is going to work best for you over the long haul. Low carb diets can actually be dangerous if you can't stick to them consistently because they tend to be high in saturated fat. If you then throw in some refined carbs, you have about the most unhealthy diet imagineable.

Dee-brown rice is a much better choice than white rice. Good job taking the food journaling seriously.

Curly--great pictures. I'm impressed that you are able to take pictures of yourself. I can never figure out how to do that. Hope your dad is okay. I got The Thin Commandments last night and you are right. This is an amazing book! and I just started it! Maybe we should even start a little discussion about it if people are interested. It's written by a psychologist at Columbia.

Gwena-great idea taking a fitness class at school. I have a few patients who take fitness classes at the community college just so they can try different things out. I imagine it would also be pretty motivating to actually get there.

Zoey-you forgot to mention the wine with Sonoma. After the first 10 days, you get to have a glass of wine with dinner every night. How about that?

The dog food story has been all over the news lately. I saw it on CNN this week. Unfortunately, there about 80 confirmed deaths so far. I still think it took too long to get in the news. I'm just grateful Kobe is okay.

Valerie Joy
01-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi PICs!

Gwena Great job on the 20 pounds. Wow that was fast! :bravo:

Zoey congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

I was bad last night. Instead of eating my planned late night snack I had another peanut butter sandwich & 2 no pudge cones. Thats as close as I've come to binging since I started dieting *sigh* My calories were about 1900.

Have a great day everyone!

curlylocks
01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
hi guys!

back from the big city... and happy to be back in the sticks! My Dad is doing fine .. u might get a kick outta this i laffed till my sides hurt.. it is super windy here and at the hospital my mom said" I really wish i had brought a hat.. my dad told her to dump out her purse and use for a hat " LMAO

Oh Petra.. my mom took the pic of me and chai.. the one of my face i took in the mirror... that s why the flash is so crazy.. & u are right this cant even be a DIET its a new way of life... & I HAD A FEELING ... u would really enjoy the book!

and what is so funny (odd) is that i see in everyones posts where they are making MUCH MUCH better choices when they have to make decisions about food.. myself included... in my head im sayin ,, nah dont want that.. hmmm nope ..

like yesterday at the hospital cafeteria... passed the fried chicken.. yum sweet potatoes.. hmm probably full of brown sugar .. OOOOO cabbage.. that looks yummy... on to the salad bar... lettuce, tomatoes, grilled chicken, black olives... and to top it off some red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil... and yep it was yummy...

its so nice not to have that terrible feeling u have when u stuff your stomach full of heavy greasy foods..

not to mention that I am 45... my dad has had 3 heart attacks, bypass surgery.. and now they just found some blockage in a smaller artery.. so thats what they fixed this time.. they put in a stent... ( and he is 65 and THIN!)

SOOOOO for me this is the time to Get my crap together and make my life changes for good! So i can stay healthy...

Val ... just a speed bump girlie!!! start over today ... and have a better day! its the food Gods after ya!!!!

iwmonn
01-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey Hey Girlies,

Wow, lookit all the talk today. I love this group :cp: :crazy:

Curly~ It's good to hear your dad's doing ok. I know how it feels to get back to the boonies lol... I like getting away but I always love getting back home where there's no traffic, noise, icky pollution.... etc. I know fitday can figure all that out for me too, but with the slow connect I get here I don't have the patience to wait every time I make a change and so forth. It's easier to do it all manually for me, at least until I can afford to buy the program.

Val~ You just hop back on that train and BIODTL! One booboo doesn't make a failure out of you. It makes a humble student out of you.... :hug: I bet we'll see an awesome post from you tonight.

Petra~ I saw the CNN coverage of the dog food a couple days ago... it's the first I've seen or heard of it other than here. I'm so glad Kobe came out of it alright!!!

Beatlesfan~ I think short term goals are essential. You know, One Day At A Time- instead of thinking for a lifetime..... 10 lbs is a much more reasonable number for your brain to comprehend than 100 lbs is. It's just a mind thang, but then, so much of the whole weight loss thing is..... :bubbles:

Zoey~ :cheer: for the 2 lbs! You are on your way again! Sounds like the Sonoma plan is gonna be a good one for you. White potatoes...... hmmmmpf who needs em? heheh ;)

AngelEyes~ How's that new ski jacket lookin? Have you got your next lil ski trip planned yet? lol...

ok. so my food looks a lot better today. I decided I don't need the yogurt in my shake in the morning... too many calories/carbs and 4 (Yes FOUR) points! Yikes!! The freezer at work went down and we had to pull a bunch of organic fruit bars.... so I'm using those instead. Tastes good ;) My points were way more in line today too. I'm allotted 28 and I used 28! Thanks for the ok on the brown rice Curly... I'm really starting to like it a lot, and Lee will even eat it without complaining. That's a huge plus! So I'm posting all the detail cuz I know you guys will give me input if I'm really messing up somewhere, right? When I feel confident enough, I'll just post the numbers like other normal people lmao... Thanks sooo much for the support and the help.

Valerie Joy
01-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Hi Everyone!

Dee your menu today looks great! Do you like keeping track? It helps me so much to write everything down with the calories, that way I can see where I need help.

I was better OP today. I don't know what happened last night. Just a moment of lost will I guess. This why it's important for me to write everything I eat and post it here. So if I'm thinking about polishing off a box of ice cream I think well thats going to look bad when I post it.

I had my cheat meal out tonight. We went for some delicious Persian food. It came to more calories then I thought at the resturaunt. It was the 2 cups of rice that really killed me at around 500 calories! I counted the chicken as 220 & the pita bread as around 234. I hate guessing on the calories. I've been trying to go to chains where I can get the calories online before I get there.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (170)
D: Persian chicken kabob, dill rice, pita bread (938) :o
S: No pudge sundae cone & no pudge cookie & cream bar (210)

Calories 1765

Exercise 70 minutes Tae Bo :carrot:

curlylocks
01-15-2006, 10:41 AM
"this article is taken from dr stephen Gullo's blog - he is the author of the thin commandments

The following excerpts from The Thin Commandments Diet prove how effective GG Brancrispbread can be to any diet.

“A miracle cracker that kills appetite yet contains only 16 calories. The only high-fiber cracker I’ve found that has a sum total of zero net carbs and a mere 16 calories-literally a crunchy carb without the carbs”

“Eat THE Appetite Control Cracker” One cracker has a special place in my armament of antihunger weapons. I have seen more people abuse crackers than be helped by them, particularly the thin, salty, crispy ones. Most have too many carbohydrates and too little fiber. There is only one notable exception-the GG Scandinavian Brancrispbread.

Only 16 calories and 3 grams of carbohydrates, but a generous 3 grams of fiber. And when you subtract the three grams of fiber from the 3 grams of carbohydrates, you get zero net carbs! It’s the ultimate “no carb-carb”. Two or three of these crackers kill appetite for hours with negligible calories even if you eat several extra throughout the day.

angel-eyes
01-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Morning!! :coffee:

Curly.....woohoooo....Thanks for the tip about the brancrisp!! I LOVE getting new food products!!! I will def. look for those the next time I'm out. I'm hooked on those soycrisps right now, they have more protein but also a few more carbs than I would like. But they taste soooo(y) good with ff cream cheese on them!!! Ranch and bbq are my fave's.

Iwmonn....Great job on journalling GF!! I know its a pain to do (manually) but you'll be better for it in the longrun. And because of it, you've tweeked the yogurt because you didn't feel you needed it in your smoothie. :carrot:

Zoey....great job on the weight loss!!! ;) There's alot of buzz right now about the Sonoma book, good for you.

Valerie....Sounds like you did really well at the restaurant and made some of the better choices. In a magazine I read this week, it had an article on 'reading the fine print' on a menu. Very very important to ask how something is prepared!!! To make some dishes more juicy (while served on the plate) they often add a steak butter. Or they grill your veggies and slather this on while plating it. ALL HIDDEN CALORIES YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT!!

Yesterday was dh's day with his trainer and I tagged along. At first he was going to do an assessment of me also, but I said that wasn't fair since I wasn't a member there and the time really was for dh. Very cool.....he interviewed dh for his goals, then measured and did the body fat %/BMI next. The explainations about the equipment and proper form was very interesting and certainly helped me alot. After that, we both did the dynamic workout. This is 9 minute cardio session from lunges, jumping jacks, pushups, plank, high knees, low rows with tube, etc....The combination of it all works your heartbeat from a low excersion then pumps it up to a very high excersion and then brings it back down to a low excersion all throught the workout. VERY COOL!!! Its the recovery time that really is beneficial, and the result is
cardio conditioning. HOpe this makes sense.

curlylocks
01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
ooooooooo i had the soy crisps yesterday at the hospital... bbq flavor they are yummy

charliekay
01-15-2006, 12:24 PM
well its not that i can't stick to my carb numbers,i have been consistantly lower on my numbers then i have to be,but i was thinking if i use the carb block then i will lose even more,i am taking fat blockers and they are helping.i have to stay around 40 carbs and i usually get around 30 at the most,so i am not having problems keeping them low,just wanting more.i don't want it to take 10 years to lose 10 pounds.

Louie
01-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Ladies - just a quick check in while the coffee is brewing :coffee:

Sounds like everyone has been busy and doing well on their plans :carrot: I have to say that the low carb thing is really working for me.. mostly because I feel a whole lot better. The weight isn't dropping off (like maybe I was hoping) but my overall health is better and that counts for a lot !!

Petra - I picked up potassium late last week and it did the trick.. no more :dizzy: spells for me. Thank you !

Curly - glad that your dad is recovering and all went well. Thanks for the tip on the cracker.. wonder if they carry them here in Canada :?:

Val, Dee, Zoey, Angel, Charlie, Beatle ~ hope you all have a wonderful day !!

I am off to study.. I have a test coming up in a couple of weeks :(

Ciao for now :cheers:

BeatlesFan
01-15-2006, 12:51 PM
TLB - I'm glad that the low carb choice is right for you. It feels good to find something that works, doesn't it?

I am off to do some walking and then I'll need to do some housework and hit the books. :p

Happy Sunday PIC's!

Valerie Joy
01-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi PIC's!

Happy sunday everyone!

Curly the brancrisp looks great. Any idea on what stores I could find them at?

Beatles fan, Dee, Zoey, Charlie, Petra, hope you're all having a good day!

It's warm out again today so we're going for a walk in the woods.

petra65
01-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi ladies. We went from 55 yesterday to 25 and windy today. It is freezing here. Curly-I looked for those very brancrisps at the grocery store today after reading about them in the Thin Commandments and I couldn't find them. At least not at Wegman's. I'll have to go to Giant anyway because Wegman's was out of my Carb Countdown!! I guess it is all the new dieters with the new year.

Charlie-Your diet sounds almost exactly like protein power which is what TLB and I are doing. We have a 40 gram per day carb limit and a protein requirement based on our lean body mass. The typical weight loss on this diet is 1-3 lbs/week. You didn't gain it overnight and you aren't going to take it off overnight either. You need to have some patience my dear. Besides, this is how you will be eating forever, or at least that is the mindset you should have. If you are getting bored with meals, check out some of the protein power books since they should fit your program.

curlylocks
01-15-2006, 08:38 PM
a lot of sites online sell them...

i would post the link... but we cant do that... try googling the name.. one site will even sell ya trial pack.. or sell them by the case... says they have a 24 month shelf life

the book reccomends using them as u would bread

angel-eyes
01-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Curly.....hmmm....I did try googling them and didn't have any luck. Can you pm me Curly with the info as to where I might try finding them? thanks!! I also checked with wholefoods and traderjoes but didn't find either.

Petra....I hear ya on the weather. Wednesday we had a high of 63F and then on Thursday, we had 1" of snow!!! Today was another glorious day in the high 40's....WHO KNOWS??

Valerie....How was your walk in the woods? We almost did the same, but the boys were having so much fun playing with their friends, we didn't want them to stop just so we could walk in the woods. I went for a walk/run by myself and amazed myself just how far I can go now. Isn't it great?

TLB....glad to hear you haven't had any more dizzy spells!! yikes, good luck with the studying!!

L2L....where are you GF? Hope you haven't fallen off the bus!!!

Iwmonn....How was your day?

charliekay
01-15-2006, 11:32 PM
thanks petra,i appreciate it yes its a 40 carb limit,and i have 130 protein limit.

charliekay
01-15-2006, 11:33 PM
i have lost 2 INCHES everywhere.yippie!! in two weeks on diet!!

Valerie Joy
01-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi Everyone!

I had another OP day today! We'lll see how I do on my weigh in tomorrow!

Angel we had a nice walk in the woods but it was muddy. Imagine mud in chicago in January. There were even little plants growing in the forest like it was spring!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye (170)
D: Contessa Beef Stir-fry (285)
S: No pudge cookies & cream bar (100)

Calories 1395
Exercise day off. I did go for a walk :)

BeatlesFan
01-16-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm a little freaked out today. I was reading last night and it felt like my brain slid to one side and then I was really dizzy for awhile after that. :dizzy:

Well off to work in the only department on campus that is open today. :(

curlylocks
01-16-2006, 10:28 AM
ggcrispbreaddotcom

looking2lose
01-16-2006, 01:16 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Good morning PICs!!!!!

~~I lost 3 pounds~~ Yay...I earned another 5-pound flower.:hug: Its a good start, I think. Down 11 pounds in 2 weeks of busting my hump!! Yahoo...

Love you all.
TTYS,
Hugs,
L2L

angel-eyes
01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Good job L2L !!! :cp: woohoo!!!

Beatlesfan....omgoodness!!...you felt dizzy and you were reading? take it easy today.

Charlie.....2"...WTG!!!

I'm so excited...NOT!!! I rather stupidly....booked an dental appt. to have 2 crowns done today, and the kids are off school!!! waaaaa!!!! Truth be told, I'm dreading it. Last time (last crown in Dec) she hit a nerve and it felt like a huge jolt of electricity!!!!

curlylocks
01-16-2006, 01:30 PM
way to go L2L!!!!

Hey i've got a receipe for ya'll
well sorta cuz i just throw stuff in the bowl and see what happens!!

a friend at work has been making this awesome salad so thought i would tweak it a bit and make it more healthy!

ok u need about 3 nice size broccoli crowns..(seperate into little flowerettes). FF shredded cheddar cheese
and @ 8 slices turkey bacon..

0k i added @ 1 cup of buttermilk in a bowl and then add salt & pepper, i also used garlic powder.. & what ever sweetner u like (this should b rather sweet)and whisk that up (u could use reg milk but i like that twang in the buttermilk)

chop your bacon into tiny pieces and cook till its crisp, (i swiped a few pieces of real bacon from my mom and cooked it with the turkey bacon)

then add your broccoli, cheese and bacon to the milk mixture and stir well then pop it in the fridge so the flavors go all thru it ......

ITS YUMMY & filling!!

I am off today so the next thing i am gonna play with is a concockshun of red cabbage and onion and grated granny smith apples... stir fried!

Valerie Joy
01-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone!

I lost another 2 pounds at my weekly weigh in today! :carrot:

Curly your salad sounds yummy!

L2L congrats on the 3 pounds!! :cb:

Charlie congrats on the 2 inches!! :cp:

Gwena I wonder why you got dizzy. I hope you're not coming down with something. I know your scent sensitive. Sometimes when I smell certain lotions or perfumes I get dizzy, nausous & a really bad headache.

Petra, Angel, TLB, Dee, hope everyone has a great day!

BeatlesFan
01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Well I survived an extremely boring day at work. :D

I feel so much better now than I did last night. I hope that was just a fluke.

I'm going to work out again in the AM as soon as I get on campus. :carrot:

iwmonn
01-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi Girls, :wave:

OMG, I've never seen us on the 2nd page before!!!!! Well, we'll be back on pg one in a sec ;)

Ummmmm... i dun wanna talk about yesterday :stars: I'm still hurtin'. I just don't know what gets into me some days.... i was so far off any reasonable program. I was too depressed to even do any number crunching. I'll just venture to say that day is over and a new one has begun! I didn't have the best nutrition today, but I did stay under my points, and my cals were reasonable. No graphs today tho, it's my friday and I'm tooooo tired lol. Lee made us a really nice dinner tonight... a very low everything stew/soup lol.... made up for the cornbread he made, and the tortillia chips -where most of my cals and carbs came from today.

1258 calories :cp:
139 carbs!!!! :nono:
49 protein :shrug:
28 points :yes:

L2L~ Great to see your post GF! WTG on the lost poundage. Keep it up!!!! We love to see the gardens grow :carrot:

Curly~ Those Brancrisps look good. I'm gonna see what I can do to get them in the store. lol... I love that part of my job. As the main buyer I'm able to add some things in that I would like ;)

Val~ What kind of bread do you use. I notice you are hooked on pb&j... I found out the bread I love can be purchased thur their website for $1.99/loaf. (you have to buy 6)... anyways, besides the flax bread I like so much, they have a bread especially for diabetics... They've had it certified by the glycemic people (or whatever) and it's way way low. Congrats on 2 more lbs!!!! you are doing so well Val!! I'm really proud of you :hug:

Petra~ You can check out the flax bread there too... (alvaradostreetbakery dot com). Sounds like you're having the crazy weather now. lol.. man it's everywhere!

Angel-eyes~ I hope you are feeling ok after the dentist.... I'm jealous lmao.. i love going to the dentist! :dizzy:

Everyone else, Have a great Tuesday! Keep up the good works. :grouphug: to ya'll!!!

Valerie Joy
01-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Dee I do love PB.. I wish that we wouldn't have it in the house but my hubby eats it and I cheat with it!

I get healthy life bread. it's 6 carbs and 35 calories a slice so not that bad.

I'm feeling really fustrated. As some of you know I've been going to curves and it's gettign quite easy for me. I can't really get my heart rate up to 130 like it should be. So I joined up with discoverys health challenge and got a free 8 week membership to bally's.

I went to to Bally's this afternoon and met with a consultant in his office. He was really nice to me discussing my diet plan ect. Then he wanted me to join and I told him I have 3 months left at curves and might join then but I'd like to use the 2 month membership. At this point he rudely kicked me out of his office & the nice guy was GONE.. he said "go do it then" I was like what? He said go exercise.

Now I had never been to a full club like this before and I thought I would get a tour a some advice on the equipment (like I had at curves) before joining. So on my own I tried a machine where you circled backwards with your legs and pulled with your arms. I had trouble setting it up and it was much to hard for me resistance wise and ended up hurting my right knee on it. :?: So I decided to try a treadmill. I liked the treadmill and was able to figure out how to work it on my own. I went home after that.

I was really intimidated by all the machines & not knowing how to do anything. Also guys there were just staring at me. In my experience if you're looking at someone at least smile and be friendly but this was just straight out staring. A few months ago I probably would have thought they were staring because I was too overweight to be there. But now that I am getting in a lot better shape, especially my legs and butt I think they were just checking me out. It was creepy feeling like the new piece of meat :nono:

Wow I'm writing a whole book here :lol: Needless to say I didn't have a very positive experience at Bally's. I would like a more challenging place to work out but I did NOT like the vibe there at all.

Valerie Joy
01-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Monday, January 16, 2006

L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye (170)
S: 3 oz tuna, 2 slices LF cheese, 2 slices low carb bread (270)
S: Carb Solutions shake (50)
D: Zone curry chicken w/red peppers, mushrooms & LF yogurt(249)
S: coffee (30)
S: 2 oz ham, 1 LC cheese wedge (95)

Calories 1370

Exercise 45 minutes curves, 45 minutes Bally's :carrot: