Dieting with Obstacles - Dieting with Ovarian Cysts amd IBS

Canadian_Mickey
01-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I've had 2 ovarian cysts since August, and they cause ALOT of pain...and I also have IBS-C....Two challeneges for losing weight. My mobility is severely limited by the cysts and the pain that comes with them.

Anyone dealt with cysts before...could use any suggestions at all that you could give me

BeatlesFan
01-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I have IBS-D and ovarian cysts. My Dr put me on bc pills to prevent the cysts. So far it has helped. :)

kyethra
01-10-2006, 02:12 AM
I had an ovarian cyst rupture on me and destroy my health, so I would watch those carefully.

As for the pain, I found that it helps to work with what you can. You might try doing some arm excercises in bed or even just sqeezing a ball to build up hand strength.

Lilin
01-13-2006, 07:52 AM
i have PCOS- Polycystic ovary syndrome...it caused me to become insulin resistant because it went untreated for so long(not my fault they couldnt figure out what was wrong) my legs and feet swelled and i had aunt flow over for 3 months straight..because the cycsts were so bad....ANYWAY! they put me on Glucophage.. MIRACLE!!!!! no more cysts or the other stuff.. :dancer: and i have actually lost 10 lbs since i started taking it.

HippyHippo
02-24-2006, 09:23 PM
PCOS sucks. I'm on Glucophage too and it does help. Just all the other stuff that goes with PCOS that makes everything seem much worse.