LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

textjewel
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
New Month, New Year, New Thread!

Happy New Year, Chicks! :carrot:

Wishing us all a year filled with happiness, and reaching our goals.

Julie

marbear
01-01-2006, 11:54 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sarah (from December thread). I am the same height and I think 135 (given the fact that I have had a c section and stuff isn't as tight) would make me a size 8 (maybe 6) but it does depend on your shape. I am an hourglass. If you're top heavy, your pants would be smaller than that. If you're bottom heavy, they'd be bigger.

I'm having an allergy attack and can't do jack crap about it because of the pg. I can't wait to go to the doctor Wed. and confirm there is a heartbeat (there has gotta be...my uterus is swelling and I can actually feel it PLUS my boobs are swollen and on fire). She may also give me an approved meds list. When you are pg, the last thing you need is sickness and you can never do jack about it because of the med. dangers. :(

deetsmom
01-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Happy New Year everyone! We had the cutest little party. We woke my kids up at 11:30 and served them "hors'deuvres" of special chocolate milk, eggnog and cheese, apples and crackers. They had hats and noisemakers and were really excited. Most of all, my 26 month old, he was having a blast! After midnight we called my mom, one of my three sisters and my best friend and then put them back to bed. It was really sweet. I told them that I will always be thinking of them on the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve:) That should give them a lot of guilt when they are in their 20's, LOL! Anyway, I wish you all the best, and most of all HEALTHY 2006. Its the most important thing we all have in addition to our families and friends, bravo to us all for being in control of our well-beings with LAWL!

deetsmom
01-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Sara- its definitely good to have a goal size. I set mine when I signed up at LAWL and hit the mark about 6 pounds before hitting goal (my original sign up goal was 135). Taking a guess, Id say a size 2/4 for your height at 135. I'm 135 at 5'4" and in a loose 4. I had a c/s too and the skin is looser, but all in all, its the smallest I have ever been (I was chunky as a kid).

Repo girl
01-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Morning All! I am stumbling around here with a case of "cork flu", but it really could be a lot worse than it is, since I lost track of how much I had to drink before midnight, and we did not get home until 3:30! We had such a great party. We held it at my sis's house, she live 3 doors down from us. Everyone we invited came, and some brought friends with them, so we really had a full house. We played poker, domines, Would You Rather, ate, drank, chatted, and sang karekoke for 3 hours. It is wonder that I can talk at all today! Overall it was a really fun night, but today I have to work hard at undoing the damage of all of the food and drink. We are taking my grandma to lunch for her birthday, so I think that I will save 2 starches for that, and forgo my breakfast starch.

Deets- That is a cute New Years. You are such a fun mom!

Mary- I am an hourglass too. I used to hate being curvy, since my best friend in school was straight as a stick, and very thin. Then my now husband told my that the curves made me HAWT!!!

I think that I forgot to tell you guys about my inches this month. They measured me on Friday, and I have lost 5 inches of my hips in the last month! At first she thought that she must be measuring wrong, and called another counselor in to check. She confirmed that was right, and pointed out that she can see a big difference in my hips. Then I started thinking about how my hip hugger jeans are not hip huggers anymore, they button clear up around my waist. I went home and called my sis, the massage therapist, since she worked on my hips the night before. She says that my whole body is that smallest she has seen it since before my first baby. That means a lot, since she is the only other person besides DH that ever sees me in my birthday suit!! So overall, I have lost 20" so far.

Have a great, POP day all. I'll check back in later! Katie

mnpeach00
01-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Happy New Year Chickies!!!

I know why they limit the carb cravers pizza to once a week, but it tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Yesterday I really wanted pizza so I went and got my 2 slices, yummm yummm delish! Pizza never tasted so good.

mnpeach00
01-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Gamababab3

If you want to continue to do the bars you can substitute the Lunas like others have suggested or you can use the Pria Complete nutrition or Pria Carb Control, they have 170 calories each and have more nutrients than the LA lites (they even are soy protein based). Another option would be to use 3 of the Pria 110 calorie bars/day (170*2=340, 110*3=330). Or you could use one of the many 220 calorie bars out there and 1 of the Pria 110 cal bars. Just make sure they are high in protein and are soy protein based. I recently found many of these bars at my local grocery store for 54 cents each.

I told my center I did not want to do the lites so they moved me from Purple with Lites to Red without Lites. According to my journal I eat the Red without lites but in reality I do Purple with lites ;) . The difference between the two is 1/2P and a S, which I usually write in as one of my snacks and don't write in the lites. I'm one of those people who HATE confrontation of any kind. I did tell my center if I start stalling or need a change then I'll purchase lites for a while. I think I would be doomed if I didn't have my "lites" everyday. The chocolate keeps me sane.

deetsmom
01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
KATIE- that is AWESOME!!!! My measurements are due this week, they forgot last week..nice.

steph618
01-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone! I'll reintroduce myself since its been awhile since I posted. I started LAWL in the beginning of December. I did really well for awhile, but then got sick, and went off plan over the holidays. I'm finally back on plan and doing well. At my weigh in on Friday I had lost 3.5 pounds total. Not a huge amount, but good enough considering I wasn't sticking to my plan. I'll probably be on here more often because I realized I really need some support to stick to this.

shennie_97
01-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Happy 2006 Everyone!!!

Went shopping yesterday because eI am tiredof rolling my pants up to fir. I bought some Levi jeans in the Juniors section (which I useto wear a tight 15 in since junior are made so different) and got some 11’s that are just right and 9’s that are tight, but I can look forward to fitting within the next month. It felt really good to shop for jeans in a smaller size, it seems like my jean size has been the last thing to drop. I am already wearing 9/10’s in dress slacks, but jeans have taken a while. Think I will go buy another pair of 7’s when I get to fitting the 9’s real good for further motivation.

Suzanne (from December thread)~Yes you can have OJ for TO ( I guess it is basically the same as eating oranges). I think beanie told us that one. I used it last time and it went fine. Plus if $ are a problem don’t forget about Knudsens.

For purple and red plans, do all of your carb cravers have more food in them…I’m jealous…one piece of pizza on gold is just enough to get you hungry.

wtxchick
01-01-2006, 04:31 PM
:newyear:

I love a New Year!! It is like a new page in a journal, all fresh and clean and just ready for something good to be written on it.

Of course, my biggest goal for the new year is to lose this weight. It is time to put this thing UNDER! I've got my plan and I'm working it.

Last year, one of my goals was to memorize one verse of Scripture every week and to be able to recite all 52 verses at the end of the year. So, last night, I handed my youngest DD my spiral 3x5 cards and started quoting! It was so cool - and my kids were so proud of me! :carrot: You know, Scripture memory is one of the best things I have ever done for myself mentally, it is like teaching my brain to think right.:) So, I am setting that as another goal of mine for this year.

Shennie - way to go on the smaller jeans! I have several pairs in my closet that are waiting for me to get there!:o And, on the Red Plan my CC pizza is 2 slices. I agree with you, though, one slice is enough to make me mad!:jeno: :)

Katie - :woo: 20 inches is awesome!!

Deetsmom - your party sounds so cute!! We have always stayed in, just the 5 of us, and had a special meal and played board games. When they were little, the board games were "Hi Ho Cherry-O" and such like that and we would have nachos! Now that they are bigger, we've graduated to marathon games of Monopoly or Clue!

Mary - Living in Houston, I know you need those allergy meds! I had all 3 of my babies at Women's Hospital on Fannin. I hit downtown traffic on my way to deliver baby #3 on a Friday no less! Hope you get to feeling better!

Julie, mnpeach00, steph618 and all you other chickies who haven't made it here yet - hope you have the happiest new year!:dancer:

All this talk of pizza makes me want some! :p

By the way, Kirstie Alley's new commercials really have inspired me to get with it. This week's People magazine is also very motivating!! I'm ready to be an "after.":dizzy:

Andi

sznn
01-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Shennie - WTG on the smaller pants!!!!

I am finding it frustrating that the scale is moving, but the pants aren't falling off me. I do have one pair of stretch cords in a 12 that need to be yanked up rather often.

Glad all the festivities are behind me. I did rather well over Christmas, but last night I made a ton of tapas for NYE and I was tasting and nibbling like a fiend!!! I was feeling too virtuous for being so controlled over Christmas. Don't think I did too much damage.

Happy 2006 everybody!!

-S

wtxchick
01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Suzanne - regarding the Take Off without the juice, my counselor suggested substituting oranges. So, instead of drinking take off juice, you would eat a whole orange instead. (Since I get cold sores from too much acid, Shennie had recommended orange juice or cantaloupe. ) The counselor said that the oranges were what they recommended to clients who didn't care for the Take Off drink.

Andi

shennie_97
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
andi~ to this day Hi-ho cherry-O and chues and ladders are still my favorite games. I can't wait to have little ones again to paly them with them. HI-Ho chery-o was mine and DGM's game of choice, thanks for the memory you brought back to me when you mentioned it.

Suzanne, I just started going down in size witht his last 5 pounds or so, when I was in the low 160's I was frustrated to that my size wasn't changing, but overnight the pants started coming off...sicne we are twins:D you should see your change soon.

sznn
01-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Shennie - Thanks for the encouragement - you are definitely inspiring me. My pants are getting loose, but still fit surprisingly well.
I aim for the end of Jan for them to be falling off:o

Had some friends over for a tapas party - actually we did a progressive dinner party. Tapas here - dinner at another house, and finally dessert and champane at the last house. It was fun.
As soon as my friends arrived they commented that they are really noticing the weight loss - that was very encouraging!

I just signed on for a 67K mountain bike race that takes place in June. I did it 2 yrs ago and vowed I would never do it again. It was grueling, but apparently the negative memories have faded - because here I am enlisting once more.

Enough rambling, hope you are all having a lovely POP day.

-S

vibrantecho
01-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Happy new year, chicks!! :woo:!!

I must say, I did a pretty good job sticking to my overall "line in the sand" through the entire holiday. :dancer: I was at 218.4 this morning, which was a little over but we did end up staying late at the party we went to, and I ate some stuff that I didn't plan on, so I'm okay with it, and I'm back on track for today. :yes:

DD is playing on DH's computer and keeps talking to me, so I can't concentrate on what I'm typing, so I guess I'll have to check in from work tomorrow, where it's quiet! ;)

wtxchick
01-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Shennie - Yes! Chutes and Ladders!! That's an oldie, but a goodie! We have game night on Friday nights, not as regularly as we used to, but we still love playing games. We have a whole closet full. I have always loved playing games. My niece marvels at the fact that I will actually play with them - my sister abhors playing with her kids! Wierd, huh?:dizzy: One game your son might enjoy now that he is older is "1313 Dead End Drive." My kids got it a couple of years ago and it is a blast. It is a mansion filled with people who are heirs to a fortune. The idea is to get out alive - before one of the others kill you to inherit your money. It has booby traps all over the place - we love it! (Yes, this is the preacher's family...scary, huh?)

Fiona - I love your January goal! It isn't hard to stay warm in Texas.

We are getting ready to watch "The March of the Penguins," although my youngest is balking at it. She thinks it sounds too educational for the holidays. I have heard that it is fantastic, though, so we're watching it anyway.

Andi

deetsmom
01-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Its a great movie, Andi! We are snuggling up in bed with the three little ones to watch Polar Express!

Repo girl
01-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, 1st day of 06 and POP for me! I did the math today and figured out that if I continue to lose 2 lbs per week until my birthday in June, I will be at goal!!! Have a great night all!!

nikkijo
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hello everybody. Im new here and will be starting my fast forward program in the morning. I hope you don't mind if I jump in with ya'll as I could use some LAWL support. I had my sign up meeting and will go to my next meeting tomorrow. I assume this is when I will be pushed to buy the LA lites.

LadyIzzy
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR Chickies,

Thank God that's over(holidays). No more big cooking for me until Easter. I'm tired so will bid you chickies a good night.

later,

sarah135
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
:stars: I understand the concern about the juice $$. I was concerned about it too, so I did some reseach and found the recipe. I hope this helps - I do not know how expansive it is I have not tried it.

1 cup papaya juice
1/2 cup green tea, strongly brewed
1 scoop soy protien powder w/ spirulina
1/4 cup carrot juice
1/4 cup apricot juice
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup grape juice
1/2 cup no fat plain yogurt
1 packet of sweet and low

All juices above are no sugar added

Recipe makes 2 servings
Blend until smooth all of the above ingredients (except powder ) with 8 oz. water. When you add the powder, blend until smooth again. Drink 1/2 of the mix served over ice and refrigerate the other 1/2.
Juice recipe may be used for 2 days!!

When someone tries this let us know. I bought the FF juice before I found the recipe and can't use it for another two weeks.

Has anyone use the TRIMAX? I have not been use the bottle they gave me until today I did and my blood pressure went sky rocketing. I felt real light headed and dizzy at work. :dizzy: I told the nurse I was working with to call my husband if I fell over. I could not figure out what was wrong with me. Then I started to assess my basics - blood sugar, pulse, blood pressure - and found my BP @ 168/98 with an automatic BP machine so I asked the other nurse to do it manually and it was near that high still ( sometimes the autos are not always accurate ) . So I slowed down and did some desk work but as soon as I got up to do floor work, up went the BP. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I was just wondering.

Oh I WI on Friday, after completing my third week/ starting my fourth, I have lost 8.8 lbs and 11 1/2 inches. I am so excited......:carrot:

Sarah :newyear:

marbear
01-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Sarah, the knudsen's works great (as does eating 1/2 cantaloupe per day instead of the juice). Both options are much cheaper. I had seen that recipe in a pdf, but I figured the soy powder would be $$$. The cantaloupe helps me stay fuller, so I usually go for that. I think another option is 4 oranges (per day or per TO, I dunno).

I'm starting to feel more pregnancy symptoms, so that gives me hope that things are going well. I am going to do a low acid diet the next 3 days or so to see if it helps with my breathlessness. I do remember now that the doc told me last time that shortness of breath can be occurring in the first trimester because of hormones. My favorite preggo symptom has returned: the mouth o' steel. With Eli I could eat the HOTTEST wings on the menu at EVERY restaurant in town and not even taste the heat. I got some jalapenos on my subway sub the other day and one fell off...I pick it up and eat it by itself (usually would make me run for the drink), but it tasted like a pickled banana pepper...vinegar but no heat. I didn't taste any of the jalapenos on the sandwich. I don't know why my body does this, but my husband thinks I am awesome for it...it's like a party trick. Too bad the rest of my digestive tract still feels every burn...

Mary

Repo girl
01-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Welcome Nikkijo! Have you decided if you are going to buy the bars or not? Good luck with FF!

Sarah, WTG! That is a great loss!

Mary, Just wondering, any response from EMIL?

Bre, I'm with you. Glad that the holidays are over. I have not baked at all since I started the plan in August, till Christmas. My 5 year old told my mom that he hopes that LAWL will go out of business so that his mom can eat sugar again. Guess he noticed the lack of treats at our house!

Good night everybody!!

shennie_97
01-02-2006, 07:09 AM
ok, it's 5:00 in the monring here and I can not sleep. I did my ritual new year's cleaning of DS room wer eI get all of the toys and lcothes he hasn't used/can't wear and pack them up to give away, and I am really bored. I am ussually like this the first weke that DS is gone to his grandparents (thankfully Christmas and Spring break only last a week, but for summer he is ussually gone about 4-6 weeks and I ussually get over being home alone after the first 10 days, and then love the freedom:D )

Called DBF up and he was sleepy and told me to look at a photo album and go back to sleep:devil:

so I was watching inofmercials and bought turbo jam...I hope it is worth it, but I lloked one-bay to se if they had it cheaper and they were bidding $20-30 per CD, so I just went ahead and ordered the whole set and since I ordered in the 15 minutes, I got 1 of my easy payments of 19.95 knocked off and free express shipping :lol: )

Guess I'll go read now until sleep takes over.

textjewel
01-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey chicks!

I was not POP this weekend at all, and for the lack of my efforts I'm back at 180 . . for some reason I am not allowing myself to break this barrier for good . .. Something to think about this week!

I did have a lovely time at my DSis's yesterday - her DMIL makes creamed chipped beef, and I only have it once a year, so I enjoy it when I can. I made a cake from scratch - that's the first one for months - Katie, I'm with you about lack of sugar in the house - amazing - I had to buy flour and sugar, and these used to be regular purchases!

My fave game when I was growing up was Monopoly -- and I've always loved card games.

Anyway, I do have the juice, but have already had yogurt and blueberries, so TO may have to wait for tomorrow or Wednesday.

Fiona - congrats on staying within your line in the sand!

Hi Nikkijo and Welcome!

Sarah - welcome! and congrats on your success. I have not used any of the supps - they've never given them away at my center - but I'd stop using them if they do that -- but you've probably already figured that out. I did hear one of the counselors suggest only taking one (she was talking about excel, which I think is the new version to replace the tri-max) if it gave that kind of reaction.

Catch you all later!
Julie

Repo girl
01-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, I"m close to TOM, and up 5 lbs today. Guess I will hit the lemon water.

Julie- I am with you. I wonder if I will ever see the end of the 180's!

mnpeach00
01-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Down 1.8 this morning!!! I now weigh 218.8!!

I am going to the Mayo Clinic for an appointment tomorrow (I live 1.5 hours away) and have my food all planned out (I'll eat lunch there--a salad at Subway).

I better go change my ticker!

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Bummer Katie:( My TOM is due next week and I havent lost according to my home scale despite being POP and not having any heavy proteins, etc. Some of those number decades are just like roadblocks, I swear! I remember finding the 180's NEVER ENDING too...you WILL gte out of them though, keep on keepin on!

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Did you notice your water % go up, out of curiosity? Mine seems to always be at 49-50%. LOVE the scale recommendation, who knew they could be so cool?

sarah135
01-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Or should I say, GOOD LATE MORNING !! I am not very enegernic today. I had a tough weekend at work and was off program both evenings, now I feel crappy.

I've seen people talk about Knudsen's juice before, where do you buy it and is it used the same way, add water or drink it straight? HOw much do you drinK?

Sarah

sarah135
01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I went on their web site and there is a ton of flavors, any certain one I should use?

Sarah

vibrantecho
01-02-2006, 12:19 PM
The "Morning Blend" is the closest to the actual LAWL juice. I don't think it is quite as concentrated as the LAWL juice, so I don't use as much water to dilute it, personally. Just make sure that however you dilute it, you only use 16 oz. of actual juice each day of TO.

vibrantecho
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Good morning to all the rest of you chickies, too!

Was down a smidgen this morning, which was a relief after the really odd eating I did yesterday...slept until noon, first of all, then ate Olive Garden leftovers for lunch and a LC for dinner, and then had a massive munchie attack around 10 p.m. and downed most of a bag of microwave popcorn (bad!).

I am SOOO ticked at DH right now! Long story short, we are dealing with an unexpected legal situation, and DH decided to "handle it" without consulting me, and now I want to punch him for making some really STUPID decisions. And all this stress just makes me want to find the nearest convenience store and pig out. GRRR! :mad:

Whooooooooooo.....okay. I'd better go try and concentrate on the work I'm supposed to be doing...maybe that will take my mind off what an idiot DH is.

Repo girl
01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Deets- Thanks for the encouragement. My water is usually between 36-39%, but my body fat has to be much higher than yours, mine is between 41-42.5%. I would guess that yours is in the low 20's. I do notice that as the BF goes sown, the water comes up.

Mary- Makes sense about EMIL. Mine used to call DH on his cell really often, but since they have been mad at us, she hardly ever calls or emails. She never calls the house phone though. I think that she does not want to have to talk to me.

Fiona- So, I guess DH does not stand for Dear Husband today!

nikkijo
01-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for welcoming me. I started FF this morning and I feel so bloated.
I'm afraid to ask if that will "pass" ha ha. I am going to do the bars but I will probably buy Luna or buy the LA Lites on ebay. I like the idea of having a sweet.

LaurieK
01-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Hope everyone had a great New Year. I'm at work right now and very bored, just finished lunch. Congt. to those who lost so much in 2005, here is to loseing more in 2006

I'm going to go in Wed. and WI wish me luck for my blood pressure has been high the last few times I went in and I don't remember ever having high blood pressure.

Last night at dinner my whole family turned there noses up and told be there getting tired healthy foods. Help for I really don't want to have to cook more then one meal. I mentioned the new cookbooks to my center and they did not even know any thing about them. I have been trying to get a cook book for the whole 4 weeks that I have been there with no luck. Sorry if am going on just frusted about this.

Well have to go back to work now, talk to everyone soon.

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Mine usually says about 28% body fat, thats interesting what you mentioned about the ratio...good to know.

Back from WI, up .2 for absolutely NO reason except I was PERFECTLY on program. I decided to mix it up today and have a carb craver forlunch (which I havent used in about three months) and will have red meat at dinner (which I havent had in a week), maybe that will change things up. I havent had a BM (TMI?!) and my TOM is due next week, so who knows...

Y'know, my counselor and I were discussing my changed goal since I wasnt really specific with her about how much lower than 135 I wanted to go and she said, well, only you know how you look naked... and that if your bones are sticking out, then you might want to stop. I told her that actually my sternum is very boney (I lost ANOTHER 2 inches in my chest this month!) but that after three kids, the stomach area is still "fat" and she joked about a tummy tuck, can you imagine?! Shes really a good counselor, I dont know why she would say something so silly.

I had my measurements done today and she jipped me on the charts with my total inches lost...no matter:) My chest is so tiny now :( its 36" down from a 40" with 2 of that total just being in this month- WEIRD!!! I lost another inch in my waist and 1/2 in my hips and thigh, so I am happy the progress continues despite the numbers on the scale. Thats good news for everyone to take to heart.

Anyway, I should get running, see y'all later!

marbear
01-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Laurie, Try to do assembly type meals so you can just weigh out your stuff. Some examples are stir fry, turkey taco salad, spaghetti (you can keep the meat, sauce, and spaghetti squash separate), or you could do sandwiches. Another option is just to make your meal and then cook an extra side for your family. I may do a roasted chicken for the meat along with some veggies, and I'll throw in a potato for DH. Don't make totally separate meals for your family. It will isolate you and make everything so hard on you. Besides, one of the good parts about losing weight for me is about being a positive influence on my child and husband. I want my child to learn healthy eating and modeling is the best way.

Mary

Repo girl
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Laurie- Mary had some great ideas there. I like sandwiches like tuna salad, chicken salad, or egg salad, because I can put ff mayo in mine and eat it in a pita, while everyone else has theirs on bread. Pitas are also great for tacos, fajitas, pizza pockets, philly steak, etc. I am pretty strict about not having unhealthy food in the house. If my family doesn't like it, too bad. DH knows that he needs to keep his snacks at work or in his truck. When I buy groceries I usually buy one treat like cookies, and let the kids devour them when we get home. I have no problem throwing away leftovers. After all, like Mary said, one of the great side effects of being on LAWL is that our children are learning more healthy eating habits from us. Check out the recipe thread, too. There are some good ideas there, too.

marbear
01-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Pitas are the BOMB! I just love having bread on both sides of a sandwich...such a luxury with lawl. A good side effect is that I got my son (and his entire playgroup) hooked on whole wheat pitas.

I have become addicted to fish tacos, too. I thought it was gross, but I tried it and now we have them all the time. I usually eat mine like a pizza to have my precious flour tortilla in every bite.

emmysmom
01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I just made oven fried chicken form the LAWL cookbook and it was excellent! My DH loved it. We had a salad with it and I made oven baked steak fries for him to have (I only ate 2). I found that if I make my meals and add a potato or rice to the meal, he's happy.

Repo girl
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Mary- How do you make a fish taco? I tried to make one, and it was horrible!

Roses4me
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
:) I am so delighted to find this support board for LAWL. Hope to get to know all of you, even if I am old enough to be a grandmother to most of you :D I have been going to LAWL since September and have only lost 9 lbs so far, but at least it's off!! I can use a lot of support!

Rosie

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
On the topic of family cooking..I made stuffed peppers tonight (just beef, brown rice and some salsa mixed together inside a pepper) and all 5 of us were happy. DH had his covered with cheese and the little guys ate theirs as "burger-rice" and I felt really satisfied knowing we were all eating well and the same thing!

LaurieK
01-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?

LaurieK
01-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?

LaurieK
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM
OOPs hit the button twice!!!

nikkijo
01-02-2006, 09:48 PM
okay i went to my appointment tonight and had a WI. I was not expecting that. I especially was not expecting the 4 pound weight gain since saturday!!! How embarrassing:o They just moved up my beginning weight. How depressing.

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Had you dont Take Off yet? Dont despair..Ive heard of others on the board with the same problem. If you already did Take Off/Fast Forward, what did you eat?

shennie_97
01-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Nikki, if you just started fast forward today, you probably will not see a loss int he evning off the same day...mine doesn't ussually show up until the morning after the 2nd day. Also if you had red meat or pork, it stays on you a little longer (it's harder to digest). You will probably be lower after tommorrow evening. maybe you should try seafood and chicken tommorrow for your meals to have something light and stick to green veggies.

Don't worry it will all work out in the end

marbear
01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Fish taco:
Take some tilapia (I think you can have 2 4oz filets for 1 protein...I usu just do one filet). Put lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder on it. George foreman until it is done (takes like 2 minutes...you'll be able to flake it and it won't bounce back a lot when you touch it). When it cooks, flake it like you would taco meat. I chop cilantro and green onions(veg), use shredded cabot 75%light cheddar (dairy), salsa and sour cream (condiments). I love it, even though the idea was gross. Anyway, put that on a flour tortilla and eat away. Tilapia is one of my favorite fish to cook because is usually is vacuum pack individual sealed and is about $3 or less for 4 filets (4oz each). The vacuum pack allows you to take it from freezer to fridge to thaw with no mess. You could also do shrimp tacos...my husband is begging for them. I'm not big into chicken or pork, so I usually try to look for other stuff.

Mary

Gamababa3
01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Rosie, welcome, you've come to a great board. I've only been here for a few days, but everyone is so supportive & always has good tips.

Nikkijo, Sounds like your doing everything right, I'm sure you’ll have a loss by your next WI. I ended up starting the program today, but wasn't able to do the FF due to my high BP. I did well with my foods and it was easier for me then I thought it would be. I tried a Leans sub meatball for lunch and I totally didn't like the meatballs, but choked them down. I go in tomorrow to be measured for the first time.

Deetsmom, your stuffed bell peppers sound good. I'm not a fan of brown rice, but only had it once. Is it supposed to be crunchy?

A few posts back someone mentioned about a cookbook. I asked my center today and she told me the reason they don't have them is that they are making some changes to them, but couldn't tell me when they would have them. She mentioned next month we would be able to get more recipes on their site.

deetsmom
01-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Gamababa: I didnt like brown rice until this year and now I ADORE IT, I wont eat white rice:) It has a great texture that you might come to like. If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they sell a FABULOUS frozen box of it that takes 3 min to cook..my kids love it too!

You can buy the cookbooks on eBay for sure!

Mary- you sound like an AWESOME cook- Im going to have to try this! What brand tortillas do you use? I find it difficult to find the tiny ones low in calories.

shennie_97
01-02-2006, 11:41 PM
deets~ I use corn tortillas...they are lower in calories. The one I use are only 30 calories (which is why we would have it out in the centers when they would tell me I have to count the whole thing as 2 starches:devil: )
I started on my own to just use two and count it as 1 starch and I don;t think it has hurt. The ones I get are from the local grocery stores and manufactured here in my city so I don't think they are out were you are, but try corn, they are smaller, less calories, more fiber.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Rosie - :welcome3: I hope that you find the support here that you need ... :carrot:

OK gang ... tomorrow is the day !! I am starting the version of TO that I have from a few years back (basically unlimited protein and green veggies) So keep your fingers crossed for me ! :crossed: I have also tried to plan meals that everyone can eat, it is such a pain trying to cook a seperate meal for myself :dizzy:

I am getting excited about jumping back on the wagon !!! :carrot:

LadyIzzy
01-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Hello Chickies,

WELCOME Newbies - you have come to the right place.

Marbear - thanks for another way to use my tilapia and shrimp. Also saw a beautiful lobster tail salad on one of the cooking shows this weekend.

I can't sleep because I have acid reflux. Drinking my cider vinegar and eating tums. So far I am getting some relief. The puppy took a few sips of cider vinegar also. She hasn't eaten her food for the last few days, so that means that she had too many treats from company. We have been totally out of control with the holiday eating. Getting back on track today by throwing all party snacks and wrong food out for the trash pickup this morning. One of my goals for this year is not to cook the traditional food for the holidays and stick to healthy dishes. Usually, the family doesn't want to hear that. But most of them are not overweight either.

Gonna see if I can focus my eyes to read a little and possibly go to sleep. Goodnight chickies.

SyracuseNY
01-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Happy New Year's to everyone.

Welcome all the newbies!

Just wanted to say that I faced the scale yesterday by going to the COD (Center of Doom). I started as if I was a new person. Started TO yesterday, today is Day 2 and so far, so good (doing the unlimited proteins and green veggies)! Going back to COD tomorrow to see if this TO is working. I haven't got up the nerve to post my post-holiday weight on here just yet, but promise I will by the end of the week.

Won't be able to post too much, but will be lurking when I can.

Hugs, Sy

sarah135
01-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Does anyone how much is the recipe book? I don't want to pay too much on ebay. And the reason it is not available in the center is because there is a new one out. I saw it a couple days before Christmas at my Center, the girls were looking through it. It should came out this week - they said. Along with new Lites flavors.

I am off to WI, wish me luck - I am not feeling positive about this one.

Sarah

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
They were 24.99 last week at the center, a 20% off sale. I got the "new" one and it was the same as the old one with the differences being in the excahnge counts (bummer).

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Morning and Happy 2006 - I would like to start by introducing myself. My name is Heather and I started LAWL on 12/29. I had a baby in March 2004 and I lost everything but the last 15 lbs. I've been on WW off and on for the past 3/4 years except while PG of course. I did good on WW - but I felt like at the end I was allowing myself too much junk for my points. So I figured starting a new program would give me the extra motivation I need. Right now my goal is 150 and I lost 5 lbs on TO and I'm so excited about the program. I have talked with several of you on the TO/FF thread, so I figured I would wait until the Jan. Friends thread was posted to officially introduce myself. Wow - you ladies really get this thread moving - already 6 pages and 3 days into the new year!!! I will try to catch up and get to know you gals....

Thanks to all of those who have already helped me - I greatly appreciate it!!

Heather :carrot:

emmysmom
01-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Heather, When was your baby born? I had a baby girl, Emily, on March 17, 2004. She's not so much a baby anymore, though...getting bigger every day.:bb:

I had somewhat of a NSV this morning. :flow2: I went for a checkup at my doctor's office and of course they weighed me in. I tried not to look because I know I always weigh more on their scale. But I looked anyway. You know how when you step on those scales and they move the big weight to start you off and then use the small one to get to your exact weight? (Sorry, don't know how else to describe it!) :shrug: Well, the nurse started me on the 100 pound mark, which means that she thought I would be under 150...so that was my excitement for the day!:cb:

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Wow Tina - I know you had to be soooo excited for that main bar to stop at 100!!!

My little girl was born on March 10 - so they are exactly one week apart - that is amazing.....They are so fun - I'm just enjoying every minute of it -

So are you planning on having anymore?

shennie_97
01-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Norissa~ you can do it :hug:

Tina~ great NSV. I remember the first time they had to use the extra 50 pound one, I was horrified and before I started LAWL, one nurse put the 200 up, I was mortified, can’t wait to go in and not have to use the 50 pounder :D

I am sooo tired. Today is my first day of starting my 13 hour days (working 8 hours, followed by 5 hours at my practicum/residency) I know hat I will get the hang of it, but I am so tired, especially after a week of sleeping in and staying up late.

TOM is here, so no point in really counting what’s on the scale. I will just see were I end up ate the end of the week when the water is gone.

Mary~ :hug: it will get better.

emmysmom
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
No more babies for me...I have my little girl and a 9 year old stepdaughter, so that's enough for me. I just have to laugh at my daughter because her personality is certainly coming through. She's so silly and happy and easy-going and of course, very energetic!!!! She's like my best friend, you know?

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Morning all! I was glad to see that I am back to my pre NYE weight this morning. Also since it is TOM, and I have not had a BM for 3 days . Sorry, TMI, I know. Anyway, I plan to just keep staying Op all week, get through TOM, and I will wait to go to COD until Friday. I am really hoping for a loss by then. I would really like to get back to the old 2 lbs a week that I used to get.

Dog Update: According to A&E there is a brand new Dog on tonight. It looks good, too. Beth goes, well, Beth on this girl.

Mary- I feel for you. My DH will do something like tell one of the kids that they cannot play with the daycare kids for the whole day, because they were hurting someone, and then leave for work. Like I can really enforce something like that? Talk about make ME miserable.

Shennie- 13 hours? How long do you have to do that?

Have a great POP day everybody!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-03-2006, 11:14 AM
shennie - Thanks ... so far so good ...;)

Katie - I can't belive that your DH would put that sorta unneeded stress on you ... how are you supposed to keep your child away from the other kids all day :?:

I have a TO question ... I have an older version of whatever it was called back a few years ago ;) ... does the newer version limit your water intake to exactly 64 ozs a day ?

textjewel
01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Morning, chicks!

Welcome to the newbies!

I have not faced COD this week either - I am OP, but I don't want to go -- I'm in one of those weird moods! So I'm thinking of putting myself on hold this week.

Shennie - as a friend used to tell me - if those hours don't kill you - it'll make you stronger! BTW - I use flour tortillas that are 80 cals - just about the same as a mini pita (I just don't like the taste of corn tortillas that much)

Katie - there was a Dog marathon last night - I think it was 3 full hours!

Tina and Heather - I'm a pisces, too - gotta love us.

Tina - I love it when they don't have to move those big blocks over anymore -- especially when the nurse thinks it's the other way - she starts too heavy, and then she has to move it DOWN.

Hugs to all!
Julie

lynnseg
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is lynn and my 2nd baby is now 3 months old. I have 40lbs to lose. (personal goal) LAWL has 36lbs. So far I am not losing the 2 lbs a week, I'm not always perfect but I am recommitting today. I really do like this diet.
The only problem is that I can't always get to the center 2Xs a week (they put that in my contract instead of 3) With the weather being cold and rainy or my oldest sick it's hard to schlep them out all the time.
I know once I get back to work in March it will be even more difficult.
I'll try my best though.
What happens if I don't reach my goal in the time they allow?
Otherwise, I really do like the diet, I need support and I have to really follow it. Good luck to all!

Star
01-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey Chicks - Hope you all had a great New Years Eve and Day.....Not too much :cheers: (lol)

I haven't had time to read the Januray thread yet. Had to go to a customers office this morning and pick up some big money:carrot:

I want to report that "finally" I am back on plan:cheer: I'm so happy to stop the crazy way I was eating - I really over-did it........

Norissa - I got up the nerve and this morning I put a search team together to locate my scale......AND I weighed....Ticker is correct:mad:

Went on my recumbent bike for 30 minutes yesterday. Then this a.m. did my ab tape, bunn & thigh roller and 25 on recumbent bike.....I feel energized. (My foot held up just fine - had on the surgery shoe.....) I figure I'll have to hit the exercise pretty hard before the next surgery.......

Welcome to all the newbies, hope to get to know you soon. Don't let me annoy you - it's just the way I am.....:D

Hugs to all the oldies and here's knowing we are all gonna make our goals this year. (Well with the exception of the smarty pants that already did that:p )

LA'smostDETERMINED
01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey Guys....I was like "wow where did they all go?" Then I was like "Hmmmm...could they have started another forum for thr new year???" lol....wellll duh.....anyways.....Hope You all had a great New Years! I did!!! Anyways....haven't been to the COD I sgould have gone yesterday but had to go into work a bit earlier ...and I should have gone today as welll...but was too lazy..but will go tommarow....I have been doing ok...fell off the wagon very few times...but wasn't that bad. My goal is to loose 10 lbs a month guys is that tooo much??? I missed you alll.....hello to all the new chickies.....awwwwwwwwwwwwww GTG bye bye....Kiss Kiss

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
There is an interesting segment starting today on the Today show. Al Roker is going to lose 20 lbs in the next 10 weeks. He has 2 trainers. One is the author of "The 3 Hour Diet" which focuses on eating mini meals every 3 hours, and the other is the author of a book about stretching and muscles. I want to follow this one and see how Al does.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Star - I broke out my scale this AM and was not at happy about the number I saw :mad: I decided that this time around I am going to work with mini goals so that the number doesn't seem so big ... trying to trick myself :dizzy: (Hey whatever works) I am doing TO (or whatever the version I have is called) Hopefully I will have an excellant start to get and keep me motivated !:carrot:

marbear
01-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey y'all,
The roof of my mouth is so painful today I cannot eat hardly. This morning I had frozen blueberries in lowfat milk for bf and a low fat bologna sandwich for lunch (I have to eat something for the baby even if it can only be really soft stuff). It was so hard to eat! Even drinking milk was a chore. My hard palate is entirely inflamed and sore. It feels like it was burned, but I don't remember burning it. What can be causing this? What can I do to make it better? I flossed and have been listerining several times today.

Star
01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Mary - Stop using the Listerine...that is probably making it worse....;)

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Mary- My sis has been experiencing something similar, she went to the doc yesterday, it is strep throat. Ask the gyno tomorrow!

Star
01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Geez - We must be at the right place, I have been frozen several times becuz the 'server' is too busy........

dawn78
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
On the topic of cooking for a family, I really struggled with this at first and I still do occasionally because my family likes variety and was always used to that. In the past, of course, I still always had the old standards like chili, tacos, tator tot hot dish, and so on, but now I have found a few new favorites that have replace the old standards. At my house we love making hobo burgers w/ carrots and potatoes and it’s very simple. All you have to do is:
Pat out (4) 4oz. lean ground beef patties
Place each on foil sprayed with Pam
Cut up ½ of potato on the LAWL approved one and a whole potato each on the rest
Put on your baby carrots (I do 12 on my and count it as 2V)
Pour a little bit of water on
Wrap the foil around it and bake @ 350 for 1 hour and 15 min.
Cut a whole in one end and drain
Unwrap and eat.
I count it as 1P, 1S, and 2V. I also like adding a little light salt, pepper and ketchup. I would highly recommend the Philly steak sandwich from the LAWL cookbook or it’s also on their web page. I’ll make au jur sauce for my husband to dip his sandwich into. I also like making chicken kabobs with fresh mushrooms and green peppers. I alternate the three ingredients on a skewer and brush with Light Done Right Italian dressing and grill. I’ll reserve some of the dressing for dipping too. My husband and 4 year old both love these.

In response to the comments on the “new” cookbook. The one I looked at was very different from the old one. There are a lot of new recipes, some of the old recipes and some revised old recipes in it. There is even a recipe in it for brownies (I copied the recipe, but have not tried it yet, but could post it if anyone wants it)! Last night I made the crepe recipe from the new cookbook. I put strawberries and FF cool whip on it. It was a great alternate dessert that I’ve been craving!

wtxchick
01-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm sitting here munching my lunch (Lean Cuisine Panini sandwich which is soooo good!:hungry: ) and reading all of the posts. Ya'll were busy yesterday!!

As for the fish tacos, I have been so curious. I walked past the tilapia at Super WalMart yesterday and thought about it again. Now, reading Mary's recipe, it makes me think that I should at least give it a whirl. Gary (from Biggest Loser Season 1) even has a fish taco recipe in this week's People magazine! It must be a sign!:p

Mary, it sounds like fever blisters or ulcers to me. If that is the case, rinse with warm salty water - it should help dry them up. However, it could be strep, too. When oldest DD had strep last time, she had huge sores in her mouth, on the roof of her mouth and on her tongue. It was miserable for her until the antibiotics kicked in!

Shennie - I agree with you on the 30 calorie tortillas! 2 should be 1 starch! Also, I can't wait to hear about your results with TurboJam.

I just keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. Of course, I want the weight of yesterday, but that isn't going to happen. There is absolutely no way that I will not lose weight if I just follow my program as it is written. It will happen! I am going to hit the COD tomorrow and check on my progress - time to get that scale moving downward!:goodscale:

Andi

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 03:58 PM
That fish taco sounded so good that I had to go out in the snow today to buy tilapia- we're having them tonight! Id love to see the brownie recipe..my center is out of the loop then and calling the OLD cookbook the NEW one..

When I asked, they seemed puzzled, then handed me theirs and said it was revised. DUH.... Thats why this board is awesome..if we waited for our centers to tell us everything, we'd be waiting a LONG time, LOL!

When do they say the new flavors are due out?

MetalChic
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
"New" cookbook????:?:

Tell... tell...

I don't think I used the one that I have but a few times. I would love to see some new options...

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Good afternoon ladies.

Just got back from my center and was surprised I already have lost some weight from my last week's weigh in. I didn't start the program till yesterday, but maybe just trying to eat better. I had the hardest time with the water and only got 33 oz's in. I'm exciting to continue to have another good day.

Dawn78 your hamburger in a foil sounds good. I remember making something like that, when my son was in boy scouts. I'm going to put my pork back in the fridge and make your dish instead. Thanks for sharing.

dawn78
01-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't have the brownie recipe here at work, but when I get home tonight I can post it. My center let me "borrow" the new cookbook, so of course I copied all the good recipes!

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Gamababa- Do you have a first name you would be comfortable with us calling you? Gamababa is a mouthful! Here is tip on water: If I drink mine lukewarm, I can pour down a 16 oz glass without taking a breath. Do that 4 times a day and viola! You're done!! If you drink it ice cold, it is much harder to get all of it down. It does get way easier to get your water in, the longer you do it. I usually have my 64 oz down by noon, then the rest of the day is just bonus water! I do believe that water is one of the big keys to loosing, too. Great job already losing! That is exciting. What color plan are you on?

Here is another yummy way to eat berries: I heated 3/4 cup of mixed berries and added a packet of splenda, then poured over a grilled chicken breast. It was like fruit chutney. DH thought that it sounded gross, but it was really good. This will definitely be one of my regulars! On that note, where do you guys get the best prices on frozen berries?

Star
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Gamababa - grandma to three....
I'm Nanatreena - grandma to four with two on the way.......
Repo - ofcourse we have other names, but we are proud gama's...lol

Roses4me
01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Went to WI today and am down 1.4 lbs from last week, but still up 1 from Thanksgiving. I am learning bunches from you gals here, I had never heard of TO or FF till I found you here!...maybe because I am allergic to all citrus fruits and many other fruits, so they didn't tell me about it. Also no one has described Carb Cravers to me. Today they told me I didn't have to weigh in each time I come in, only once a week if I want to, but to come three times a week to make sure I am POP. Anyone else do that?

Rosie

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 04:40 PM
My name is Barbara or Barb for short. I just noticed everyone goes by their screen names. My oldest grand daughter couldn't say grandma, when she was young, so she called me gamababa, so I kept that name and with each grandkid I added a number at the end. I used to like really ice cold water, but I agree I can't drink it as quickly. I just can't stand all the peeing I swear every 15 mins and it doesn't help with the water pills for the BP. I never thought I'd get to sleep last night I almost thought to just sleep on the toilet. As for the color of plan I forgot I think red. We were discussing the different color plans today. My center had planned to move me to I think the gold plan once I got to 175, but since my first goal is 180 (for money reasons) I will stay on the same plan. I'm sure I will continue on once I get to my first goal. I'm not sure what the difference is between the plans.

Hi Nanatreena you have a cute screen name. Wow so you will be a grandma to six way to go :)

marbear
01-03-2006, 04:42 PM
katie, I get my frozen berries from walmart- $2.27 for 16 oz I think. If you pour berries in cold skim milk and splenda it makes an ice cream..yum! I have seen the Froz Sun fruit bag with peaches, grapes and all other good stuff. I think it sounds so refreshing but I have sensitive teeth and I can't bite into a popsicle much less a frozen peach slice.

I'll lay off the listerine until I see the doctor. I'm also working on getting a sinus infection from this allergy attack that started Friday. I am gonna go try to take a nap now.

Mary

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
I get mine at Trader Joes.

marbear
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Barb-just quit fibbing right now. There is no way you are a grandma by looking at your picture.

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 04:49 PM
seriously, I was thinking the same thing!

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, thanks for the compliment (I think) I would love to post a pic of them, but don't know how. I had my son and daughter on the younger side. They are now 31 & 26. My son has Celeste, which will be 7 in March and Elijah which just turned 4 in Nov. My daughter has Jasmyne who will be 5 this month. I will turn 50 this year so you do the math:)

Star
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
There was a good article in More maginzine last month. It just went on to say that the image of 'grandma' has changed drastically. Also that Fisher Price is not doing us any justice. In fact, we don't have grey buns, specticals or wrinkles......lol
The new age 'grandma' is one hot chick.......
Go-grandma - go-grandma......lol
Hey Barb - my sons are 35 and 27...

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Trader Joe's? No such place around here. I bought a 48 oz bag of mixed black, blue, and rasberries for about $8 at Sams Club. I thought that was a pretty good price. They are big, high quality berries, too. Just wish they were a little cheaper....

Barb- I am amazed that you are almost 50. Glad you have a picture of yourself. It is nice to put faces with names! Someday I will do the same and loose the peace sign.

I am so bored. I have been promised that repos will get really busy again soon. Hope so! I am in major need of some excitement. Of course, then I will long for a quiet night on the couch. Never satisfied, am I?

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
BTW, Star, love the avatar!!

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I figured out to post a pic. Here is a recent pic of the grandkids and my husband with their harley look:)

Star
01-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Katie - Thanks, I use to use that avatar.....I'm thinking if I see what I'm suppose to do to make my goal happen - it will push me to get there...
I tried to put a picture of me and DH, BUT the site is too busy. I will do that maybe next week.....I love the real pictures too. I use to have one of me drinking a huge margarita, but when they updated the site something funky happened and it's in my profile but only shows as a red X........Anyone else lose picture in profile like that???

Star
01-03-2006, 05:26 PM
barb - that is the cutest picture ever!
Hey if you and DH are bikers, you should come and post on "Chicks on Motorcycles" thread......
DH and I have Harleys too....

Roses4me
01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I am an excited Grammy too, have 6, ranging in age from 9 t0 23. The oldest just got married, so now I have a granddaughter in law!!

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
There's a Trader Joe's here, but I've never shopped there. I'll have to try it out some time.

I'm also a Clay Aiken fan and on his site we all have avatar's and quite a few of us have our own pics and I do agree it's nice seeing who your talking with.

Star
01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Roses4me - WOW - that is awesome....I'd love to see my granbabies grow up......here's hoping they come out with some new age defying procedures before then and I win the lottery....lol

yann
01-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I have been reading your messages and really feel that this is the kind of support I need. I have been on hold with LAWL for 1 month and looking forward to getting back into it. I hope by joining this group it will help.

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Welcome Yann. I sure you'll find this site very welcome and supportive. I'm new myself and love it:)

Hi Roses4me congrats on being a grandma and welcome.

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Yann, and welcome! Luna bars are protein bars that you can buy at the grocery store. I think that they are around $1.25 per bar. I personally don't do bars at all, just more food.

vibrantecho
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Holy wow, you all are some chatty chicks today! :gossip: :gossip:

This is the first time I've been on the computer...I've had some sort of sick-bug after me all weekend and today it finally got me. I woke up this morning, didn't feel so hot, got back in bed, finally dragged myself out the door to work, got two essential things done, went back home and crawled back in bed. I even talked DM into taking DD off my hands, since DH had a meeting tonight. At least I'm finally vertical and drinking some OJ, which seems to be pepping me up without upsetting my stomach any, so maybe I'm on the mend...?

Hello to all the newcomers! :wave:

yann
01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info on the luna bars. LAWL never explained that you could eat more food rather than the bars. I will have to check into this when I go for my weigh in. Just wondering - how many times a week does everyone weigh in??

dawn78
01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Okay, here is the recipe for the low-fat brownies from the new LAWL cookbook. Like I said earlier, I have never made them so I'm not sure how they'll taste.
3/4 c sugar (this is what is says, so I'm not sure if I would use splenda)
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 nonskick pan w/ cooking spray. Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, blend well. Pour batter into pan and bake 20-30 min. Test w/ toothpik. Remove from oven & let cool 5 min. in pan. Gently remove from pan, place on wire rack and when cooled, cut into 8 squares. 1 brownie counts as 2 starches.

Now if I were to make these, I don't think I would remove them from the pan and I would cut them into 16 squares and count them as 1 starch.

nikkijo
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I just started the FF yesterday but I had gained 4 pounds from when I had signed up saturday morning!!!! It was embarrassing!! I had gone to the movies the day before and had a TON of salt in my popcorn. I'm guessing that was the culprit.:(

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Sounds awesome! I hope my center gets the new book soon- this is more like it! The old cookbook was pretty lame, when you see what people like Mary can come up with (another hats off since my DH is just eating now and keeps saying, THIS IS DELICIOUS!).

dawn78
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Here's a oatmeal cookie recipe from the new LAWL cookbook that also sounds good.
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c artificial sweetener
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c egg substitute
1 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c oats
1/4 c raisins
In a large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, sugar substitute and applesauce. Add in egg substitute. In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir this into the applesauce mixture. Add the rolled oats and raisins. Stir well. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for approx. 10 min. in prheated 350 degree oven. Allow cookies to cool before removing them from baking sheet. Makes 3 dozen, 2 cookies count as 1 starch.

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Dawn, youre making me hungry!

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
The book says a serving of tomato is "1 small". I made my own tomato salsa tonight and counted 1 serving as 1/2c raw tomato...since most other veggies are 1/2c raw...what do you think?

BTW- we miss you Shennie!! You must be exhausted tonight.

sarah135
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Hello everyone. Those Brownies sound great. My husband eats brownie almost daily ( my dautgher bakes them ). I will try these then I can join in to eat and my children can eat a little healthy brownies.

I went to WI today and did well, down 1.4 for a total of 10.2 in not quite a month ( Saturday is a month) . I hope it keeps up.

I spoke with one of the girls at the Center today and she told me the new cookbook was hardly different from the current one. She said there are some new recipes and quite a few that are family size. I asked how much the current one is $29.87 - that's on sale !! I will try ebay.

How does everyone get the tenth of pionts on the weight tracker ? I have put it in but it does seem to register, am I missing something?

Oh, I found the Knedsen's juice at the store $2 a bottle, what a huge savings!!!

Sarah

marbear
01-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Sarah, you'd need to get your ticker from tickerfactory...it's a no no...but we all live on the edge here.:devil:

On the brownie recipe, I wonder if you could sub splenda for sugar and count as 1 starch instead? I have noticed using splenda in brownies makes the chocolate flavor kinda disappear a little. It also makes the color lighter, which I don't like.

I used to put yogurt in brownie mix and bake them that way. They were so good...I kinda like the yogurt twang and the texture was really nice.

Mary

yann
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Now that I have found this site, I have been on line all night. :) Would you please tell me about the Knedsens Juice. I have never heard of it. Where would I buy it. Is it like the take off juice?? Thanks so much for all of your help.

Gamababa3
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The brownies and cookies sound really good. My problem is sweets are one of my major down faults and I'm afraid I would end up eating at least half of them. Maybe when I've been on the program a little longer I will try them.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the recipes Dawn ... I will have to print those out and keep them handy ....

emmysmom
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Good evening ladies. I'm finishing up my 2nd cup of lemon water (I feel bloated tonight) and watching fit tv. There's a show on called A Reunion Story and they have couples on who are starting to workout together. It's pretty interesting and funny.:dizzy:
I'm sitting here while everyone is sleeping and I'm thinking about the fact that I want to plan on running a 5k this year. I did a few after I lost on my last LAWL journey (pre-baby). I'm not fast, but I did it and I have t-shirts to prove it;) ...I'm actually wearing one now. Anyway, there's a Run for Kids coming up on June 2, so I e-mailed for more info. By then I should, I mean I WILL be at goal!:carrot: :carrot:

shennie_97
01-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Katie~ my practicum doesn’t end until the second week of May. Then I get some time off from school between July and August before I start back up for my second practicum, but after that one is graduation thankfully.

Lynn~ if you don’t reach the goal you can buy more weeks, but you should check your contract to see if you still qualify for the rebate.

Gamaba~ I am with Katie with the water, I drink mine right from the faucet in a 16 oz glass. To help me I always drink 1 glass before breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then I just have more left for the day. When I first started, to get me to drink water I offered myself treats, like after I finished all my water I could have a diet soda. Now I don’t drink anything but water and juice as a fruit occasionally. And all of the peeing means a lower WI in the morning :D

I was in total 3FC withdrawal today. I just came right in the house and got on the puter. I missed you all too (thanks Deets :D )

Bobby18
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure why, but life is not slowing down around my house. I think that I will be at this pace until the end of Mar. as Dec. is our Company's year-end resulting in me being extremely busy for a few months.

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work. I felt perfectly fine when I woke up. Went to the chiropractors on my way to work (normal routine) and ended up nauseated by 9:00. I have no idea what came over me - I hung in for an hour, but it kept getting worse so I decided to head home before I was stuck in the bathroom and unable to drive.

I watched soaps for a couple of hours and felt fine this afternoon and evening. One of the ladies jokingly asked me if I was PG - that would be the shock of a lifetime if I was.

Today was also supposed to be Day 1 of POP. Given that I wasn't feeling great, it definitely did not end up that way. I really need to get back on track - I am back (almost) to my starting weight again. I think that part of it is a lack of water and not paying attention to sodium in foods. Hopefully it will leave as quickly as it came. I will also plan to do TO this weekend, using OJ - I'm in Canada and not sure if Knudsen's is available (have not seen it) and think that the LAWL is extremely expensive for a bottle of juice.

Have a great night.

shennie_97
01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok, I am really pissed off right now. Me and DS’s DF get along pretty well, we have never fought or had any of the drama that is usually associated with “babydaddies” and I consider him my friend on many levels. Well today I check my messages after my long day at work and have a message from him saying that I let our son get my DBF a present for Christmas, but didn’t let him get one for him. He even cursed at me on the message. The fact of the matter is that I told DS to not worry about getting his father a present because I got him a $100 present myself. Way more than I could afford, but I saw this jacket that I though he would love and I was feeling christmasy so I got it. But this butthole didn’t even think to talk to an adult before having a tantrum and basically being upset that since he decided to move away he doesn’t get to spend time with his son anymore.
I think I do a wonderful job of MAKING DS call his father to talk to him and MAKING him go see him (not that he doesn’t like too, but he’s a kid…out of sight, out of mind) It was already bothering me when he would make comments about DBF going to DS’s sporting events (he needs to get over it because soon he will be his step father) and I think the real reason he is mad is because DBF got DS a football for Christmas that he loves way more than the toys he got him.
I am going to call him back eventually, but right now I am so pissed off, I really want to cry. To think I spent $100 on his sorry behind.

Thanks, I needed to vent to someone and I don’t like to put DBF in the middle of this stuff.

deetsmom
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Shennie..men are childish and he cant say what he means..."I feel bad that I am not in my sons life more and the fact that he bought your boyfriend a present makes me feel jealous and invaluable." Youre smart not to call back and say anything in anger. When you talk to him you might tell him that youre sorry he feels badly, it wasnt his intention and you hoped hed like the jacket you and your son picked out for him, then refocus him by asking whether he and your son are enjoying their precious time together, "knowing how much it means to our son", etc. Hang in there:)

sarah135
01-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the ticker factory infor - I had fun playing with it this am.
My daughter turned her alarm on at 6 am and it woke me up. She does not have to be until 7 am for school so what did she do - go back to sleep while I could not. Oh well at least I have some quiet :carrot:

Yann - the juice is Knedsen's juice, I found it on the web for more infor. But one of our local chains - Shaw's - as an awesome orangic section and I found it there, on sale this week too- $2 a bottle. Shaw's is the same company as Albertson's ( what we had down south). I am not sure where else people buy it - Vermont has pretty much nothing. :D
An alarm just went off so children are waking up.....Write more soon
Sarah

SyracuseNY
01-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Gamababa3: The pictures of your grandbabies and DH is beautiful. Hey, we share birthday years I will be turning the big 50 in April, yikes!

Star: I too get the big RED X when I try to look at your picture? Maybe if you send a PM to the administrators they can fix is for you?

Shennie: You are way to nice to your DX in buying him Xmas presents, and he has the nerve to complain? No wonder he's your X. ;) Just be glad that he moved away so you don't have to listen to that too often.

Repro: From the reports in the newspapers, looks like you may be in for a busy year! My DH has been busy doing many foreclosures this past year and if the housing market drops like they are predicting - he will be very busy in that area of the business. Too bad that so many people over spend and live beyond their mean$. :dizzy:

Bobby and Fiona: Glad your both feeling better. There is a terrible stomach bug going around in this area that last a couple days - hopefully your's is the mini version and your over it. I hate being sick!

Dawn: Thanks for posting the recipes. Both sound too good for me to make at this point of starting over, but I will copy them and save them for a time when I feel like I can handle eatting 1 or 2 of something like that. :^:

Sarah: Your doing great and congrats for being down!

Yann: If you go to the center, I wouldn't tell them you are doing TO with the Knudsen juice as they will be sure to tell you that nothing works like the product they sell (remember they work on commission). Here is a link to the site for the juice http://www.knudsenjuices.com/products/detail.aspx?groupID=11&categoryID=57&flavorID=185&productID=255. Official name is R W Knudsen, Simply Nutritious Morning Blend. This site has all the Nutritional Information posted as well. I think someone figured that you would use 6 oz for 8oz of LA's juice. You could add 2 oz of water if you wanted, but it's not concentrated like the LA juice so you would need 2 bottles for 2 days of TO. Hope that helps.

nikkijo: Are you going to the COD? I was told when you do TO that you should stick to the lower calorie protein and starches for the 3 days following TO. Plus, I still don't think that popcorn is a OP starch? It's not in my new book? Do you go to a corporate center or a franschise? Just wondering. :?:

Julie (aka TEXTJEWEL): How are you doing? Hey, do you have a sister that was ever on Oprah? Will PM you with details.

I'll check back later! Hugs, Sy

yann
01-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks for all your advise. I am going to start this program today. TOTALLY PSYCHED. I will visit our Shaw's for the juice.

ann

vibrantecho
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning chicks!

Feeling much better today! One side benefit of being sick is that I was down THREE POUNDS this morning, thanks to putting next to nothing in my stomach yesterday. And I wasn't ever actually sick-sick ( :barf: - TMI?) so I don't even feel particularly dehydrated this morning. Not that I'd recommend it as a lifestyle choice!! :rolleyes: I am definitely hungry again today, though, so I'm going to have to be extra-aware so that I don't undo my (unearned) loss by pigging out.

Speaking of, I think I'm going to go rustle up some breakfast right now, and I'll check in again when I get to work later this morning.

MetalChic
01-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Shennie, I know your X has upset you, but he feels threatened. What do we all do when we feel threatened? We go on a counter-attack. He is wrong for acting that way, but maybe you should have a heart-to-heart with him and explain that DBF is not trying to replace him and that he will always be DS's father.

What if the situation was turned around? What if your son bought your X's gf a present and not you? How would you feel? Maybe you should have made the jacket that you bought X from DS not you or both of you.

I don't know your situation by no means, I'm just trying to explain his actions realistically....

textjewel
01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Morning, chicks!

Welcome to all the newbies -- boy, January MUST be the month that people start LAWL!

I did put myself on hold for a week. I'm just not in the mood to WI, although my home scale is being friendly this week.

Mary - hope you feel better! (BTW, could it be a reaction to the hot peppers? That was my first thought - that you may just be eating more of them than usual.)

Dawn - your hobo burgers brings back happy camping memories. I love the idea of brownies, etc (could you put them in the recipe thread, so we don't lose track of them?) - but like Sy, I'm a little worried about having a whole panfull at home.

Barb - congrats on having a good WI!

Katie - about berries -- I find a 16oz bag of blueberries on sale for $2.50. And that's about the best price I can find.

Hi Rosie! I've never heard about not WI -actually at my center it's the opposite - I can come in and WI, and not sit down for a consult. The Carb Cravers are in your menu guide. The main difference between the two plans is the size of the protein sizes (Gold is smaller) and the number of portions. I started off on Purple at 228, and moved to Gold when I hit 189.

Fiona - glad you feel better.

Shennie - sorry about the XBF - sounds like he's a little jealous!

Sy - no, no sister of mine was ever on Oprah -- I'm interested to know why you think so?

Star, are you still thinking of selling your Harley?

Where is Carmen? Is she on vaca?

Hugs to all!
Julie

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow - This thread is hard to keep up with - You ladies have soo much going on......

vibrantecho - Glad you are feeling betteer -I hate being sick and I never lose anything - no matter what - ....guess that is at least one small benefit for you!

Ann - Good Luck - I started last Thursday and I'm just estatic!!! It really works if you follow the program!

Shennie - Sorry DSF gave you such a hard time - you know those men - just selfish and always thinking of themselves.....Hopefully he will feel like an @##$#@ when you explain it to him.....

Dawn - Thanks for the recipes - they look yummy. I fixed the Tuna cakes last night for dinner from the recipe thread and my husband loved them!! He said - what's for dinner tomorrow - I like this diet!

Sarah - WTG!! 1.4 is a great loss Congrats!!

Well, today will be my first day back to the gym since conceiving my daughter is June 2003. I have done some exercising at home, but not like I did before. I'm so excited - with the new diet and new me with a new year - I just feel great!!!

Heather

MetalChic
01-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Star, try taking the apostrophe out of your file name on your picture. I've had that problem on other servers before.

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I got an invitation in the mail for my 11 year high school reunion. The ten year didn't happen for some reason. Anyway, it is 2 weeks before my goal date! This is such good news, because I will be lookin' tiny by then! I am feeling so determined this week, I feel like nothing can hold me back!

Shennie- Sorry DX was so rude.

Sy- Can't believe I am saying this, but I hope you are right. Biz has been really slow the last couple of months, and I am really feeling ready for some work, and some challenges! Not to mention the money!

dawn78
01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I think with the brownie and cookie recipes you could try freezing them. This way you only thaw out what you would be allowed to eat that day.

Star
01-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning Chicks....
Got up early - did 30 minutes on x-bike, ab tape and bun and thigh roller tape - oh-rah.....When I go to the foot doctor tomorrow I'm gonna ask if I can go back to Jazzercise.. I will take it easy ofcourse. I think he will say yes becuz he is a sports doctor.....
Good to be back on plan. DH cooked chicken, beans and salad for dinner. We actually weighed the chicken - that is a good sign for me....
Those brownies sound to die for.....Problem - I could not have them in the house without over-doing it. I have the same problem with Cool Whip, chocholate syrup, etc. I just can't have certain things in the house and be 100% POP. Atleast I know the enemy.....lol
Shennie - Sorry about your sons dad. I think a agree with Karen, maybe DS should have given the jacket to his dad. I know that situation is hard and I'm sure you know best.
Barb - About getting your water in, what I do is drink half in the morning at work and half in the afternoon. Then at night I don't have to worry about it.
You'll get use to it and it will just become another good habit. (I'm working on reestablishing that good habit right now too)...
Julie - My motorcycle is at our up north place right now. We store them up there for the winter. By the time I can try to sell it again I will owe very little on it and may as well just keep it. I guess I'm not real sure right now....
Sy and Karen - thanks for the info on my profile picture. Actually I need a new one, it's just that my scanner at work isn't working right now. I'd love to post one of me and DH taken at Christmas (so you can all see DH and my braces...lol).
Julie - you are right, January is always the time when everyone is starting diets - that's why this board is working overtime right now. Give it a month or two and things will be back to normal..
Talk to you later..............

shennie_97
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Sy, deets, heather, star ~ thanks for the advice. I planned on calling and being nice but I got voicemail and all of a sudden I started to say thing I didn’t plan on so I did sink to his level.

Karen~ I didn’t really look at it like that and I do recall being jealous some time ago when another lady he was dating was taking DS out a lot, so I can partly understand, but DS is with his DGP’s not his father so the jacket is still under my tree, they haven’t exchanged gifts yet. This all came from a conversation that he had with DS yesterday over the phone, without even talking to an adult to get a clear story of what was going on, and I can bet that he was talking to DS while he was playing his new video game and DS was just talking and things came out wrong. (I can’t even get a decent conversation with him since he got that video game) Maybe next time I will just have DS get him the little gifts he gets everyone else, but I was truly thinking that I was being nice by getting the more expensive gift. I really think he wants DBF and DS to have no contact and he believes it is possible because his wife has still NEVER met DS (long story, but she always “visits” her family when he comes over) but I think it was the fact that he left an angry obscene message that got me upset. Maybe I will call in a week or so and discuss it with him. I really thought things would be easier with my relationship when he got married….thanks for always telling us the truth we need to hear, rather than want to hear…you’re a jewel.

Ann~ :welcome: and good luck on you re-start

Fiona~ hope you have a better day than yesterday.

Heather~ :bravo: for you for getting back into the gym

Star~ you are jumping in head first aren’t you…I want to be just like you when I grow up :D I don’t know if you buy individual sized meat or family packs, but I usually buy family packs and immediately pull them out and measure them in individualized bags for freezing so that I can only cook the size I need at one time. It keeps me from just cooking the extra 2 oz because it is there ( and then of course eating the extra 2 oz because it is there :lol: )

Star
01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Shennie - I'm sure you were just mad becuz of his 'mean' meassage. You always have the best judgement - you need no advice from anyone. DS's dad is probably just upset he messed things up with you in the first place and really wants to be where your DBF is.......(wink)
About jumping in head first, well you know I'm a big talker. I can talk diet and exercise with the best of them (even while laying on the sofa recovering, eating crap)...lol SO, it's best for me just actually 'DO' what I know I have to.
Hope you sick chicks are feeling better, it's awful hard to be POP when you feel like POOP....
Hugs...

juliemarie
01-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey guys-

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and since I have dial-up at home-maneuvering around on the boards gets annoying, so . . .

Had a wonderful Xmas season-but indulged more than I planned and gained back about 5 lbs. I started back on program Sunday and have already lost 3.5 of them. Maybe I'll be back at my ticker weight by the weekend.

Glad to see everyone doing so well. And welcome to all the newbies!

Oh, and Star? I know what you mean about the Cool Whip-I ate about half a tub of frozen Cool Whip one evening. I will not be having it in the house again.

I discovered a new way to cook chx last night. I used to love to bake chx in cream of mushroon soup and serve it with rice, poatatoes, or stuffing. Anyway, I decided to try it with the LA Lite Cream of Chx soup packet. I mixed it up in about 1/2 the water and spread it over the chx and baked it. It made a delicious gravy and I served it all over brown rice and steamed some broccoli. Yummy! I'm definately making that again.

Star
01-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Juliemarie - Welcome back chick - have missed you!
Sounds like you did okay over the holidays....congrats.
That chicken/LA cream of mushroom soup/rice sounds awesome......I use to make that with pork chops too - soooooooooo easy.....
About the Cool Whip - freeze it, pour chocolate on it and it's to die for......
BUT - that was back in the day, not now....lol Hum, I think I HAVE to go eat my chocolate LA Lite right now - bye

MetalChic
01-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Shennie, I'm sure everything will be fine when you explain it to him. Hopefully, you will get an apology for his behavior.

mnpeach00
01-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Good morning chickies!

I thought I was going to be up on the scale this morning because of the salt the past couple of days but suprise suprise suprise I was down .4 for a total of 11.6 since december 20th!!

LA'smostDETERMINED
01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Hello Chickies....and Good Morning to you all...Going to the COD to WI so....anyways...I woke up this morning made myself a banana shake=1 Banana,8oz. Milk and 3 splenda packets! Then went to get water for my fish came back did the easy steps, sit-ups for about 15 minutes, stretching for 10 and lifting weights for 20 minutes...so it's been crazy trying to loose some before i go to COD in a bit lol...Hey you guys I have a question and I don't wantto gross ya'll out but is your urine suppose to be really yellow everytime you pee? Could it be the supplements??? I'm taking the Vitamax, Calcium tab, and the fatty acids? Is that why??? Anyways....well be back later when i get out of work to tell you all how it went ugh............

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue3/cartoonfish01/lb/238/165/232.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

shennie_97
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
moneek~ it's the vitamins. i think B3 does it...the first time it happened to me it was like a bright glow in the dark yellow, scared the heck out of me

Star ~ you go girl...get some extra exercise in for me.

I was so tired last night I overslept this morning and didn't bring lunch or have a decent breakfast...subway it is for lunch.

mnpeach00
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Moneek

It is entirely normal for urine to change color when you take vitamins.

I hope your visit to the COD is a good one!

yann
01-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Just got home from day 1 of weigh in. A little disappointing but hoping that this will keep me on track. Looking forward to this group helping me. I feel addicted to the site already. Thanks
Ann

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/fireworks01/lb/196.2/150/196.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

m_everett
01-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Hello there ladies....
Well, I just re-joined over the weekend- Did TO on Sunday and Monday...and I'm going to WI tonight for the first time. I'm really nervous. Been following the plan to a T so.......I'm keepin my fingers crossed. I'm feeling really bloated- it's the 64oz of water that I have to get used to drinking again. Any tips on getting rid of that bloated and constant full feeling???

SyracuseNY
01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
LAsMOST: I believe it's the supplements. Same thing happens to me if/when I take multiple vitiams.

JulieMarie: Welcome back.

Julie: Haven't have a minute to PM you yet - sorry girl!

Star: I'm with you with the Cool Whip as another trigger food for me.

Dawn: Wow, thanks for the advise about freezing the brownies/cookies but you see, that would just make the brownies and goodies all the better to me. I'm not much of the cake/brownie/cookie eatter, but it they were in the house in the freezer they would 'call my name' until I fixed them by eatting them all up. Same thing with Cool Whip, doesn't matter if it's frozen or not (I'm with you too Star and Juliemarie) I'm getting better at controlling as far as trigger foods goes is peanut butter. :o I can stop at a couple tablespoons instead of a full jar. :o

Shennie: Take the sticker off the present under the tree for your X and remove your name and put your son's name on it. You shouldn't be giving him presents in the first place. Very strange about the Xs new wife. Sounds like a warm loving person - NOT!

deetsmom
01-04-2006, 03:07 PM
They suggest hot lemon water to help with the bloated feeling..hope this helps

angelica1674
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone! :) Had some questions I need answered if possible please. I have read all the threads or at least most of them. I seen you can use lunas instead of the lites, I tried the peanut butter cookie and it was really good so I might switch. But I can only find 4 diff kinds. Also I did Fast Forward Monday and tuesday because I gained 1.5 pounds on Monday because I had 4 pieces of pizza sunday and today is wed and this morning I was only down 1 pound. I usually do better with Fast Forward :( Anyways, I was reading in the threads and people talk about 2 diff Fast Forward meals 1.unlimited proteins and veggie and 2. 2 bars, 6oz protein, and 2 cup veggies(with or without dressng?). I did the unlimited do I need to do the other one instead?? Im on the purple plan at 200 pds and Im supposed to swith to gold at 199, ive been on purple since I started oct 15 at 242. Hope this isnt confusing not to good with all the typing....Thanks for and help Good luck to all Everyone is doing so well!!!

MetalChic
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Shennie, I have to agree with Sy about the X. I don't give my XH presents; but if the children need to money to buy him something as a gift, I give them what they need within reason. I don't know how your relationship is with your X, but I wouldn't think it would be to healthy for your relationship with your DBF or his relationship with his wife if the two of you exchange gifts, especially expensive gifts. I would never give up that much money for my XH and I have two children with him. My XH would take a gift like that as a sign that I wanted to get back together with him. I would take an expensive gift the same way if he gave it to me. I would be extremely uncomfortable with that... My DFI would be furious if I gave or received anything like that from my XH, as I would be if it was his XW.

Ripp
01-04-2006, 04:01 PM
This morning they switched me from gold to purple. My weight has stayed the same for about 4 weeks. I work out about 3-5 days a week for about 1.5-2 hours at a time. They said my body was holding on to the fat cells because I wasn't getting enough calories. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, did moving to purple help?

Also, regarding Subway, if you have the wrap instead of the sandwich, is it still 2 starches?

Thanks!

Laurie

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi Ladies.

Yesterday I did drink all 64 oz of water and thought I had finished it pretty earlier. Yet I was still up every 15 mins peeing, I think I stopped around 1:30 AM. I was so frustrated that I couldn't go to sleep and stay a sleep. I end up sleeping in till 10 AM, which is pretty late for me. Now I've barley drank any water today, because I want to sleep tonight. Do you ever get used to it where you don't have to pee so much.

Thanks I might decide to make the brownies and cookies and freeze them. I just want to get a little stronger first and lose more weight. Nice to have some more choices when you do have that sweet tooth.

Sy Thanks for the complicate of my grandkids. I turn 50 in Oct, but as fast as the months fly we will both be 50 sooner then we probably want:)

Repo girl congrats on your high school reunion, sounds fun and I'm sure you'll look great.

Juliemarie I was planning on cooking chicken tonight, but wasn't sure what to do with it. The soup mix you use from the center is it very expensive as I haven't bought anything else, but a few bars from them. I used to also bake it with mushroom soup and serve with rice.

juliemarie
01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Ripp-

Upping your calorie level should help with the amount of exericise you're getting. Let us know if it works.

And the wrap would probably still be 2 starches since flour tortillas are so large.

juliemarie
01-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Gama-

Your body will get used to the water. It only took me about a week. Try to get it all in by 7pm, maybe that will help. And space it out throughout the day. If it keeps up you may want to get your blood sugar checked. Frequent urination can be a symptom of diabetes.

About the soup mix-one box which has about 8 or so packets cost the same as a box of bars I guess. I bought in bulk and they just took it off of my account. The soup alone wasn't much to get excited about, so I was glad to find a way to use it. It was so good it may replace my taco salad as my new favorite on-plan meal.

Ripp
01-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I checked the nutrition website at Subway. The wraps have less than 1/2 the carbs and over twice the fiber. They must be whole wheat. It also states the wraps are only 1 starch according to the suggested exchange value...guess I answered my own question!

Thanks!

Laurie

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Juliemarie, I finished my water by 4PM, but drank it pretty much one bottle after the next with small breaks in between. I had my physically recently and my blood sugar was ok. I do have a small bladder, which a Dr has confirmed and it just doesn't hold has much. I just thought it would empty out much sooner then early AM. I will start drinking more today, but I do hope by body gets used to it soon.

I love the way you and others find ways to spice up your meals and then share them with us. I go to the center again tomorrow, so I will ask about them.

Loves Saddlebreds
01-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi All:

I have just finished TO and lost 8 lbs - WooHoo!! I have a long way to go, but am staying committed so far. It's been torture today since my oldest son had his wisdom teeth out this am and all he has wanted so far are chocolate milkshakes with mint choco chip ice cream....Argggh cuz I loff ice cream :nono:

I do have a question though - has anyone had problems eating the amount of food you are required to have, particularly right after TO? We were hectic this am and I only had time for coffee, but so far, I haven't been able to catch-up on all my servings today. Do I just keep eating until I've finished all my food for the day or can I skip a bit of food?

I'm not working out yet due to a pinched nerve in my shoulder - I hope to start working out next week. So far, I've had a great start - I really want this one to work :)

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Barb- Yes, you will stop peeing so much after your body regulates. Just keep at it, and you will be fine before too long. I look at it this way, every time I go to the potty, I am getting rid of more fat and polutants that are making me fat, so pee away!! I made some chicken like that recently, but instead of using the soup I did this:
Brown chicken breasts in skillet sprayed with Pam until done. Remove from pan. Deglaze pan with about 1/2 cup of water, add fresh, sliced mushrooms and cook in water for a few minutes, until the water has cooked down to about 1/4 cup, then add a few ounces of FF cream cheese, and a few big spoonfuls of ff sour cream. Cook over medium heat until a sauce forms, season with Mortons lite salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Serve sauce over chicken, potatoes, rice, etc. I made this for my family, and they really liked it. It does not make a lot of sauce, but enough to not go overboard on.

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Loves Saddlebreds, I would not be skipping food. My COD says that your loss will slow if you do not get all of your food everyday, because your body will store instead of burn.

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks Repo girl, then I will continue on and watch my bags under my eyes get darker from lack of sleep:) If it wasn't good for you, they wouldn't tell you to get your water in.

Your chicken dish sounds yummy also as I like cream cheese and sour cream. My DD is coming over for dinner tonight and she is a picky eater, so I have to find something she will eat. I'll save yours for when I'm just cooking for my husband and son. I'm going to go look under the recipe thread to see what chicken dish might be posted.

vibrantecho
01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Be aware when ordering the Subway wraps - they are lower in calories and "carbs" but higher in fat and MUCH higher in sodium than, for example, the regular white bread. So personally, I just get the bread and ENJOY every bite!! ;)

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Andi posted a diet coke chicken recipe that sounded really good somewhere. I also personally love chicken salad and chicken fajitas. Pretty our families are going to have to start storing us in coops! LOL

shennie_97
01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
:welcome: M Everrett, the only thing I can tell you is it will go away but you will find yourself using the bathroom 2 times an hour

Sy, star, I have eaten a whole container of coolwhip lite over night before… that is definitely a no, no in my house now.

Angelica~ the limited is what the COD’s recommend usually. Some have had suggest with the unlimited, but some have created their own with limited meat, unlimited veggies to keep full. (I don’t think it will really hurt to have 100 more calories of cucumbers, green beans and lettuce)

Karen, Sy~Thanks again for the advice and again I didn’t look at it like that and the last thing I want is for him to think I want him…yuck, or for DBF to think I do. I have learned my lesson, next year he will get a tie from walmart. You all are full of so much wisdom, where were you 10 years ago when I met him :lol: at least I got a great parting gift-DS

Gama~ you are probably still getting rid of some of the water you have been holding on too, hope it’s better tonight….congrats on getting all the water down. Also lites are lites, so if you paid for lites, you can get the soup instead of the bars, the drinks too, it’s the snacks that cost more.

Saddlebreds~ try to get smaller size servings in, like 3 tbsp of nuts for a protein and ¼ cucumber for a veggie or one celery stick, 12 oz of juice will knock out 3 fruits.

Ripp~ I often get the chicken sub and have the chicken put on the bottom bread then take the bottom bread off and use the chicken as the bottom. If I am really hungry and think I won’t be able to resist I get the honey oat (which I hate) and that way I have to take off one bread.

where's deets, beanie and carmen...still on vacation? Come back, we miss you

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
How do you make your chicken fajitas, do you not use the package seasonings, but still grill the chicken, onions & peppers. And what do you have it on. In checking my guide I'm allowed a 1/2 of 6 inch tortilla. I have two starches left I could save them for dinner and have a whole one.

Thanks Shennie I will check with the center tomorrow. I've got two bottles down two more to go:)

My son is off today and he comes in with a pepperoni pizza from Bronco Billy's you can image how I wanted one piece. He reminded me of how good I'm doing and went off in his room to enjoy ever bite. I made myself a salad instead.

deetsmom
01-04-2006, 05:20 PM
im in and out:) Hi!

MetalChic
01-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok chickies! I posted a better picture from my graduation day. DFI is on the left and DS is on the right. DD was taking the picture. I have set up a Web page to put a bunch of photos on for you guys, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I wanted to show you some before/after pictures. I will get around to it eventually.

deetsmom
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Kren- youre so pretty and DFI isnt bad either, LOL! Thanks for posting!

juliemarie
01-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Gama-

When cooking any ground meat for tacos/salad or chx breasts for tacos/salads/fajitas I don't use any packaged mixes. All "tex-mex" meat can be prepared using lots of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, amd mortons lite salt. You could always add tabasco if you want it spicier. I buy so much cumin now, it's ridiculous.

shennie_97
01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Karen, you are so pretty and thin, and like deets said....DFI is pretty handsome.

When you all post pictures you look so different then how i picture you in my head. Actually i think that eventually i start to think of you all in my head as your avatars, so deets, you are a purse in my mind :lol:

I guess I will post one of me soo, but have to get one taken.

Off to my practicum or 4 hours, have a good day everyone

Star
01-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Karen - I noticed that you have a wedding ticker now - when is the big event? How many people will attend? We need details.....
Your DFI looks pretty dang cute......
I have to leave for the day, but will expect answers tomorrow.....lol
Hugs - me

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Karen really pretty picture of you. I first wondered where the new pic of you was and then investigated and found clicking on your pic you have it brought me to your new one.

Thanks Juliemarie I will add the spices you mentioned to my chicken tonight and see how it turns out. This way I can cook with ingredients I already have. I'm never cooked with cumin, but do have some in my cupboard, so some recipe must have called for it.

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I use Mrs. Dash southwest seasoning on my fajitas, but be careful, it gets hot fast! I use a pita pocket instead of a tortilla. You get a lot of your serving into it. I also like to use FF sour cream, and squeeze some lime over it. Soooo good!

Karen, you are beautiful!

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I used the regular Mrs Dash yesterday on the hamburger foil potato dish someone posted above. I didn't care for the blah taste, but I think it was more due to me having no onions to add to it and using the ground sirloin meat. I added a little more barbecue sauce to my meat to make it taste a little better. I need to buy more spices to make the foods taste better. A pita sounds good also I need to go shopping to buy more items. I still want to try the pizza on a pita.

Chklithunder
01-04-2006, 06:55 PM
:wave: Hello Everybody, and :welcome2: to all the newbies.

Better late than never, right? Actually I've been on all day, but had to catch up from New Year's Eve and then read the TWELVE pages of posts so far from January. Wow you guys!

Okay, here's my deal...I've been on vacation until today. I was supposed to do TO Monday and yesterday, but I got sick as a dog. Didn't eat much on Monday, yesterday felt a little better so I tried to do TO, but got sick again when I tried to keep drinking the juice. I am doing TO today, and its going well, but I don't know if I should do it again tomorrow after having had so little in my system from the previous 2 days. If anyone is out there...your thoughts?

Gama - :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: . The pic of your grandchildren and DH is adorable, and by no means do you look 50ish. I admire the way you have made yourself right at home here with the chickies. They are a wonderful bunch.

Karen - you look SO young. You do look as young as DS. DFI is a cutie.

Shennie - MEN! He will feel soo small when he gets all the information. BUT, do let this be the last gift from you to him. I would think it would make your DFI feel at least a little bit awkward, plus, DX is obviously not as mature as you are, and is probably not as able to be really good friends as you are. Either way, don't let it stress you out.

Star - WTG jumping right back in the saddle.

Julie, Star, Bre, Andi, JulieM, Deets, BEANIE?, and the rest of you chickies... Howdy!

:cheers:

Carm

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Carmen, good to have you back chickie!!

Gamababa3
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Carmen, Thanks it's the people on this board that have made it so easy to just jump in. I'm loving the support and the new ways to try foods and stay on program. Oh and I'll be 50 in Oct I'm not 50ish yet:) Thanks for the welcomes.

sarah135
01-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Did anyone watch Dr. Phil today ? This woman was once over 300 lbs. and lost all the weight - Great, right? Accept she got on national tv to tell the world she hated her body still because her excess skin. Okay well I have some problems with that. First there are things to do about excess skin and how unhealthy is 300lbs. for her newborn. It just was not making sense to me. Then I started thinking is that what going to happen to me. :?: And I going to have TONS of excess skin? Anyone that has lost the weight I would love to hear from you. I am sure we all would !!:yes:

One last note ....:blah: It did not say how she lost the weigth or how fast.

Sarah

Repo girl
01-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I have heard before that people who have a lot of excess skin can have it removed for free if they are donating it to burn victims. I do not know if this is true or not. Anyone know?

nikkijo
01-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Syr, - Popcorn is definitely not allowed.. I signed up on saturday but did not started the diet until monday. I had gone to the movies sunday night and ate the popcorn. They weighed me again on monday when i returned. That's when he 4 pound weight gainh came from. Of course I went tonight and had lost 9 pounds. Those 4 popcorn pounds and 5 more so I feel better. Also, we are neighbors, I live in Elbridge!!

shennie_97
01-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I think the popcorn came from someone who had their COD ask the nutrtionist and she said that we could have it airpopped (no nothing else on it)

movie theatre popcorn is full of sodium so that will defintly make you gain.

deetsmom
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
About the loose skin thing...I started at your start weight and am your goal right now..I lost half on WW over the last year and a half and the last almost 30 since the last week of August on LAWL. I have NO problem with general loose skin, my arms and legs did great...my stomach is still strange from my three pregnancies but nothing a little toning wouldnt help. You have nothing to worry about:)

marbear
01-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Deets, you drink water like a fish...I'm sure anyone worried about loose skin should follow suit. Hubby is one of those people with taut nice skin. I'm doughier than him. He didn't even have wrinkles on his elbows until well into his 20s...NO LIE!

Mary

deetsmom
01-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Youre probably right, Mary- water probably does help...although the stretch marks on my tummy...OY!!!!

Anyway, how was your dr's appointment today?!

marbear
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Everything was fine...I'm measuring 7.5 weeks (I am 7 and 1 day I think, so that's good). I do an ultrasound next week to help date the baby so I can have a c section 1 week before the due date. I have to have c-sections because my pelvic bone opening is abnormally small...there goes years of excuses about being big boned down the drain.

Mary

LA'smostDETERMINED
01-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey Guys went to the COD and I am down 3 more woo hooo....Anyways i asked then about my urine and they sure did say that it's probably the vitamins. Anyways....I was pretty happy I guess all that xercising this morning really worked, and right now I just had 3 extra cookies, and about a cup of gardetos is that bad??? lol...ANywas about excess skin...geee my problem is my arms i have a lil of hanging skin there. Hey you guys um...do u all know any exercising for ur booty... you see I bearly have a booty lol....but now that I've lost some weight it's seems to me I'm majorly loosing from my booty...and my jeans start to sag a lil...I was ugh.......NOOOOOO...my bf was like "baby I hope you don't loose ur lil booty that you have" lol...but I am awwwww....bootylicious chickies talk to me.........?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue2/flower05/lb/0/73/9/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

SyracuseNY
01-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Karen/MetalChic: Your new picture is awesome, now you have to post one without your graduation gown! We want to see that skinny body of your's - you worked so hard to get to goal, show it off! Is that your DS that handled the situation in school so well with that bully? Handsome guy. So is your DFI. Now, details on the wedding plans!

Nikki: We are neighbors! Oh, I see about the popcorn and starting OP on Monday. Sorry, I guess I thought you had already started. :^: Do you go to the Camillus center?

LAsMOST: I have the same problem, but sometimes there is nothing we can do about body shape. I believe that Star has a exercise program on CD/Tape that she would recommend. She's the exercise goddess on the thead. Check on the Exercsie Thread, it may already be posted. If you heard of any for drooping boobs, let me know.

Several of you posted about loose skin. I wouldn't say that anyone only weighing 300 lbs would have that much loose skin after losing weight - would you? The younger you are when you lose weight, but better chances of not having skin problems. I did see a special of a woman that weighted over 500#s and she did have tons of loose skin and got it removed. Wonder if she donated it to a burn unit, it never mentioned the cost.

Gama: You're so right about no matter which month our BDs are in, it will be much too soon. I'm too young to be that age?!

angelica1674: Do you go to a center? They should be able to give you a sheet for each of the FF plans. I just completed the limited version and didn't go to the COD yesterday because I was so bloated. Feeling better today so I will see what my WL will be from Monday until today which included 2 days of FF. It doesn't mention this on the sheet I got, but the center always tell me not to use any of the old limited items for 3 days after doing FF. I'll ask my center for a copy of that version and if no one else posts, I'll post the difference.

Julie: How are you doing?

Carm: Nice to see your post.

Hi to Deets, Mary, Shennie and others!

:hug: , Sy

sarah135
01-05-2006, 10:04 AM
:?: Does anyone know anything about Hoodia the appetite decreaser?

MetalChic
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks chickies on the compliments!

Sy, my son is the one that handled that situation with the girl attacking him at school.

I added my wedding tickler yesterday. I didn't realize how close it actually was until I put it on there. The date is June 10, 2006.

I don't have all the details worked out yet, but I need to get busy that is for sure. We already have our wedding rings, mine is posted on the December thread if you would like to look at it and haven't. The bridal store that I wanted to go look at is having a sale all month. Hopefully, I will get my wedding dress this month at a great deal.

I will keep you guys updated. I can't wait to post my wedding pic....

I got my hair done Tuesday. I came back to work from lunch with blonde highlights and with my hair straight. Boy, did I get the compliments. I didn't wash it yesterday and my daughter touched it up, but today I'm curly again...

I took my Durango to the body shop this morning for repair and picked up a rental car so my morning is all screwed up. I forgot my fruit! UGH! I actually forgot my breakfast and had to turn around and get it. I had not gotten out of the neighborhood yet when I remembered. I didn't realize that I forgot my banana until I was standing in the car rental place and I looked over and didn't see it in my purse. People probably think I'm nuts when I go places because alot of times I have a banana or some other kind of fruit in it. I was actually at a auto parts store one time digging in my purse for my wallet and the cashier was looking at me funny so I said "Yes, I know I have a banana in my purse."

Star
01-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Morning Chicks - Hope everyone is doing great and staying POP...

I forget who posted about the four slices of pizza, but that is why you gained. If you can't be happy with one slice (Carb Cravers) I suggest you just forget about pizza for now.....

Popcorn at the movies is not on plan either, like Shennie said it is loaded with salt and fat. LAWL says you have to buy their popcorn to legally count it - period.

For you newbies - In the beginning of your plan, don't you think it is best to just STICK to the plan as written and make it easy on yourself. See if the written plan works for you, stick to it. If you make it for several months - THEN think about what off plan foods you could add - IF you have to.

Sagging skin - Like Sy said, it depends on how old you are and how much weight you have to lose. Losing 50 - 100 pounds and being over 30, chances are your gonna have some sagging skin. Unfortunately there is little you can do about it (short of plastic surgery). You can exercise til the cows come home, but it won't help sagging skin. However underneath that saggy skin you will have some awesome muscles.... Even on you arms, if you lose alot of weight and suffer from 'batt-wings' you can build muscle and still have the 'batt-wing' look. I would love to find out about the donating skin to burn victims - I would be there for a tummy tuck tomorrow. I have that problem becuz I had a hystorectomy and they cut my stomach muscle, also alitle skin issue.....

I did some exercise, but will post that over at the 'Exercise Yard"......
Anyone else start exercising for the new year?

Hugs to all...

textjewel
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Morning, chicks!

Boy -- took me a while to catch back up!

About the loose skin - there's a thread on that in the Maintainer's forum - I believe it's a sticky, towards the top. My own take on it - is just we are all different -- and AGE definately plays a part in it, since it determines how elastic our skin is, (and how many times it's been stretched and shrunk) - and also I think if you give yourself some time, it will shrink some. Truthfully, at age 46 (almost 47) I expect loose skin - I'll just see how I deal with it once I reach goal.:dizzy:

There is also a thread on Hoodia in the 'Does this Work' forum.

Karen - what a FAB picture of you. Your DS is a HEARTBREAKER.

Laurie - they are supposed to move you to a higher plan if you exercise more than 5 hours a week. About the subway wraps - LAWL starch exchanges are different than the rest of the universe - so even if subway says it's one starch exchange, it may not be a LAWL exch. Did you check the restuarant guide in your menu planner? Mine shows that a tortilla wrap is 2 starches.

Saddlebreds - my own take on days without enough time for all the servings -- truthfully, one day is not going to hurt you. I've also been told to not eat anything within 3 hours of going to sleep! I do think that if you have a whole string of days when you don't eat your servings, you'll slow your metabolism to the lower intake. And I also think that if you don't eat something one day, you should NOT eat it the next -- anyway, this is the world according to Julie ;)

WB JulieMarie!

Everyone - thanks for the fab chicken ideas.

Mary -glad you had a good Dr's appt - did you ask about an inhaler????

Moneek - unfortunately, it seems that we all lose fat from our thinnest places first, and we don't have a lot of control over it. . . Rumor has it that weight does redistribute - but I think you have to stick at a weight for awhile so that it does.

Hugs to all!
Julie

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks !!! Well I finished up TO and I am down 5 lbs :carrot: YIPPEE !!!!

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Mary~ so glad all is fine with you and baby

Moneek~ I wish I could loose some. My DBF says that I will but when I was 110 pounds, my hips were still 35 inches, so I don’t see it happening.

Sarah~ I heard that hoodia used in America is not enough of the actual substance to do what it is really supposed to do, but I have read testimonials saying people love it….don’t know anyone personally who used it.

I completely agree with star about sticking with plan completely at the beginning. We tried LAWL because we were all eating the wrong things and we have probably tried our own diet plans for years and they obviously didn’t work. Give LAWL a try and you will see a difference and if you don’t have the will power….get rid of all of the junk you have left over, and by junk I include pasta, regular bread, bagels, rice, crackers, peanut butter, cool whip and what ever other foods are around that you can’t resist. There are plenty of OP foods that I just can not but because I will not be able to stick to the OP portion (3 ritz crackers…come on) but I will say that I have now come to the point were I can trust my body and I know when to just get busy to make the hunger go away or to have a celery stick to calm me down. You will get there, but you have to do it right.

Star~ I am waiting for my turbo jam CD and I will be ready to go. Because of my hectic schedule I know I will not be making it to the gym. Sadly, I am falling in love with the Carmen Electra striptease workout tape and I actually feel the work I did afterwards.

Norissa~ :bravo:

MetalChic
01-05-2006, 10:34 AM
About the loose skin...

I agree with Julie, everyone is different.

My personal experience: I didn't have any loose skin or very many stretch marks after my first child (135 before, 151 full-term, 126 after) (14-15 years old). My second child is a different story. I had some loose skin and stretch marks (140 before, 190 full-term, ? on after) (16-17 years old). Then I gained up to 215 (20-21 years old), lost down to 155 (22-24 years old) and alot of loose skin followed. And unfortunately, I gained again-last time to 230.4 (29 years old)! Now I'm 31 years old and 140. I have alot of issues with loose skin in my upper arms, thighs, and stomach, not to mention the stretch marks. If we do decide to have another child, I think I will follow up with an tummy tuck. I really do hate this part of my body right now.

But, everyone is different. For instance, there is a girl here that has had two children. The second child she got up to around 200lbs and she has NO loose skin or strech marks, and she didn't start having children until after she was 30. She makes me ill...

Ok, I hope I didn't scare anyone.... And I hope it wasn't TMI...

Star
01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Well Karen, good points about everyone being different.....
Another point about loose skin. Would you rather be fat with no loose skin or be thin with some loose skin? I think it is worth getting from being overweight to getting to a healthy weight and then worrying about it.....
It's like someone at 300 lbs worrying if their goal weight is too low.....Get close first. I say no reason to worry unless you need to.....JMHO

Chklithunder
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Chickies.

Let's just say today started with the worst morning I've had in a lonnng time. When I woke up I couldn't find my glasses. They were not in the place I normally put them (nightstand) when I go to sleep, and I can't find them unless I'm wearing them because my vision is just that bad. I couldn't find my oldies which are my spares either. So, I resigned myself to trying to get to and through work without them, and then asking DH and the DSs to help me find them tonight.

So then I'm in my bathroom doing my hair and lo and behold, my $30 hair curlers fall into the open commode, into the water. Hmm... okay, reach for them and die, or try to remember what to do in such a situation. Ah yes, kill power to the plug and then unplug them and THEN pull them out...yes, that's right. Funny how when you're presented with a situation your mind draws a blank. Before I could never imagine how someone could be dense enough to get electrocuted that way but now I really understand how it could happen. Sigh...So there I am with half curled half straight hair thinking okay...I CAN'T go to work like this. Felt like crying but didn't. So I go back into the bedroom, dig out a phony tail, pop that on and start making the bed. CRUNCH!!! That was the sound of me breaking my glasses. BUT, I was able to put them on to see well enough to find my oldies. So I sped to work instead of taking the bus, and now today at lunch I have to take my prescription to the eye place and get some new ones.

OH YEAH! And I still don't know whether I should be doing TO today. I've only shown a 1 lb loss from yesterday, so I think I should continue. All I've had today is water so far, so the verdict is still out for right now.

Well Chickies, here's hoping your day is going a bit better than mine...:cheers:!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Carmen ... what a rough start ... I hope you day get better !! :hug:

Chklithunder
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
THANKS Norissa! :hug:

Moneek - My DCousin is a personal trainer. I had the same problem when I started to lose weight. I never had a huge booty, actually it was probably one of the only parts of my body I really liked, and sure enough I lost there first. I asked her what exercises I should do to keep it and she said "squats honey, squats." HTH

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 10:50 AM
:hug: :hug: Hope it gets better Carmen:hug: :hug:

MetalChic
01-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Sounds like you are having a really bad day Carmen.... I hope it gets better... :hug:

I agree Star, that you must ask yourself what you want. I do not regret loosing the weight. I had stretch marks and loose skin at 230.4lbs. I really hated my entire body back then. Not to mention I felt horrible all of the time. I feel much better physically and about myself than I did before.

Chklithunder
01-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Well thank you everyone. :grouphug: I must admit that I felt a LOT better just walking out of the house. I felt like the :devil: was trying to defeat me this morning but he failed. So :cheer: for me!

Now, you guys, should I be on day 2 of TO? I did day one yesterday, and was POP with it. But on Monday and Tuesday I was sick with some sort of stomach bug and hardly ate anything on Monday and couldn't keep anything down on Tuesday. Should I continue with TO or just stick to plan?

textjewel
01-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Carmen - you poor chickie!:hug: It reminded me of the movie The Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out:D )

About staying on TO - can you get in all your food today if you don't do TO? Do you feel hungry?

Karen - is your hair naturally curly? lucky you.
Julie

Chklithunder
01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Julie - I feel like I can get all of my food in today. I am kinda hungry. I am thinking that since the scale is going downward again I should be okay, but if anything weird happens (like a gain out of nowhere), then I'll just do TO for 2 days over the weekend. What do you think?

MetalChic
01-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Yes Julie, my hair is naturally curly. It can be a pain sometimes though. I think it looks real nice straight, but I don't have the time or the patience to blow dry and flat iron it every day.

textjewel
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Carmen - sounds like the plan! I always look at TO as my ace in the sleeve - since I avoid it at all costs. . my true goal is to learn to eat right every day, anyway. .

Karen - my mom also has naturally curly hair, but keeps it really short. She always wanted my straight, and I've always wanted her curly. But I hate spending lots of time on my hair.

deetsmom
01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Carmen- I hope your day improves!

Karen- I was going to post on how young you look to have such a grown son, now after reading your post I see you had your children young- a lot is to be said for you and all the hard work you do at such a young age- bravo to you:)

Norissa- WOW- thats awesome..are you 5lb to goal?! I have crummy results with TO and have a theory that I am going to stop doing it but end up doing it every two weeks anyway. Im going to try and resist this time and just work the program..I think too much TO for me isnt working. GREAT jump start though!

Mary -excellent progress, you should be getting psyched!

Good morning and wonderful day to Shennie, Star,Sy,Katie,Wtxchick,Julie and all the other chicks!!!

Im still sitting on the same point 2 pounds for the last eternity...heres to a POP day nevertheless!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Deets - I am 5 lbs from my Jan goal !! I figured I would start with baby steps ... to make the "journey" not look so long ... ya know ... ;) As I get confortable with my weight I will add another ticker :^:

Thanks for all the congrats !

deetsmom
01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Awesome progress- Im jealous!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Deets - Oh please girl ... I am jelous of you being so close to your goal !!! ;) You know what I wanted to ask you if it isn't too personal ... are you a naturally small framed person ? I can't get over how small you are ... didn't you say you were size 2/4 ? I had gotten down to 135 -ish when I did LAWL the first go around and was in a decent size 10 ... and I am only 5'3 ... so I guess that does go to show you that we all are built differently ...:dizzy:

deetsmom
01-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm 5'4 on a good day...I didnt think I was all that small framed and I SWEAR I do not see myself as little at this point (must have to do with the insecurity over the baby belly). I do have small hands and feet, I always considered myself petite (even at near 200 pounds). My waist is about 28 inches at this point and I have no "booty", so thats why some 2's are fitting. I also buy vanity sizing 2's- the gap is notorious for them, LOL!...but seriously, I am still pretty much a 4, some 2's for now. It does seem strange to weigh 135 and be in such a small size..I must have a heavy brain- LOL!!!!

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi All, Wow you guys have a lot to say today! As for skin, I have got a flabby tummy for sure, and probably always will, after 3 c sections! I changed my avatar to a picture of the cabin that we stayed in for Christmas. Also, if you click on it, you can see a picture of my kids and neice when we were cutting our Christmas tree. I have been POP all week, and doing great, not loosing on the scale, but I am looking noticably thinner again. Even DH is noticing! Hope you all have a great POP day!! Katie

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 11:53 AM
LOL Deets ... you are too funny !!! I also have the "baby belly" after having 3 kids in 4 1/2 years, and having 3 c-sections, sure takes a toll on ones body :p my 2 youngest are 17 months apart and were both over 10 lbs :dizzy: But yeah, I never got under a size 10, I am a larger framed person I guess ... I just want to get back to that point :carrot:

Star
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Carmen - So glad you got out of that :devil: house. Here is a huge :hug: for you.....
Sounds like you handled all that in stride. I think when my rollers feel in the toilet I would of cried......
About TO, with the new year, I just skipped over that method and went right to being POP. Either way it works....But I love to eat and so didn't choose to torture myself with TO. Besides I never lose very much on TO anyhow.....

Hye I wonder where Regina is?

deetsmom
01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I had my three in that period of time too..mine are 7 (just in Dec), 4 and 2 now. One c/s was enough for me (had two vbacs after) - yikes!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Deets - My kids are 9 (just turned in Nov) 6 (in Dec) and 4 1/2 ( will be 5 in May) Now that the boys are getting older (the younger 2) I love that they are so close together, they are such buddies now ... although I could have done without having 2 in diapers ;) UGH ... and my daughter thinks she is going on 16 ...:dizzy:

textjewel
01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Norissa -my mom had 4 in 5 years (I'm the oldest) and it's much easier being buddies when we're that close together. . Although we had some teachers that had more than one, and that was interesting. . .

m_everett
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Hello hello ladies!!!

Shennie and Deetsmom- thanks so much for the advice. I'm definitely going to start drinking the hot water w/ lemon tonight. Sometimes- I feel like I'm going to burst from all the water :^:
So- I had my first WI since starting on Monday and I'm down 3 pounds!!! :carrot: :D WooHoo!! Very nice start if I do say so myself... The counselor at the center did mention the lemon in the water and also told me that the Morton Lite salt will also help (which I didn't get yet). Next WI is on Saturday.....wish me luck!! :p
Have a great day ladies!!!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Julie - WOW ... your mom must be a very special person to have had so many youngins at once ...:dizzy: I keep telling Kyle (my 6 yr old) that he better keep doing well is school otherwise his little brother will be in the same grade as he is :devil:

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Way to go M!!!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
m_everett - Congratulations ... that is a wonderful start !!:hug:

textjewel
01-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Norissa - I think it helped that Mom was young, too - she was only 21 when I was born, so she was DONE by the time she was 26. .(and I think it was more common in the 60's to have bigger families?) But she is a special person, anyway.

mrsbeanie
01-05-2006, 01:33 PM
okay okay coming out of lurk mode we need some color in here! LOL :tantrum:

Way to go M!!!:carrot: :D :carrot: :joker: :cb: :dancer: :flow2: :woo: :high: :goodscale :sunny: :balloons: :grouphug::balloons: :flame: :flow1: :hat: :dance: :bravo: :carrot:

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Norissa~ five pounds from goal on the 5th day of the month is a major accomplishment :bravo: I son’t think I will ever get pass size 8 myself, maybe a few large made 6’s. I remember being a 7/8 in junior high when I moved into adult clothes so I am thinking I should be about there again. I had the same butt in junior high, but thankfully I have grown some in the breast area, so maybe they will really fit this time :lol: Your DD needs to meet my DS, he is 9 going on 17 also. :dizzy:

Deets~ missed you yesterday, glad you are back…how’s winter break with the kids going? I am sure your brain is so full of LAWL knowledge, you are holding a few pounds up there ;)
Katie~ I couldn’t see the pic when I clicked :(

M_everett. Get the lite salt, because that will be your basic source of potassium and you will need it. congrats on the loss :banana: :banana:

Beanie~ missed you, missed you, missed you :hug: welcome back

Julie~ I useto want 5 kids, but I have gotten over that now. I told DBF he has until I am 32 to get all of them out that he can and I am done. No more conception after I am 31 and 3 months. Plus since DS is already 9, I don’t want to have another single child, so I will defiantly go for at least two.

m_everett
01-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Yay!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much ladies!!! :hug: I'm so glad to have found this board !!! ;) It's so nice to know that I'm not alone in this:grouphug:

I'm really loving these smilies- heehee

:cb: :woo: :thanks:

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Okay, I fixed my picture. Now you can click on my avatar and see my kids and niece.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
shennie - your DS is a cutie pie ! Although Katy thinks she should be a teenager in many aspects, she still hasn't started "noticing" the boys :carrot: YET :o :dizzy: Now my 6 yr old would LOVE to have a Play Station playmate his little brother can't quite keep up with him :D ;)

Katie - I love that picture ... too cute !

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Katie~ they look liek the had a ball

Norissa~ my DS wants a PSP and I promised I would get him one if he has an A average this semester. He has a B+ avaerage as of the week before break and I am scared he might actually get it. The game is expensive and the games for it are outrageous, I think he will have to settle for a PS2...he will still be happy.
i just want to give him somethging for working so hard this grading period, he started off the year no to good and had gotten his first D and F ever (the F was in art though so I didn't care too much about that) but their permanant substitute left and now he seems to be back to normal. so I'll probably be buying something next month.

Star
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Katie - That is a really cute picture - LOVE the pink baby.....they are all adorable....

beanie - woo-hoo :carrot: :hug: :wave: :coffee: :angel: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :dancer: :grouphug: :woo: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :cheers: We have missed you sooooooooooooooooo much - Glad you are done lurking.....(lurking is bad for your health you know:D )

Julie - My DS's are 7 years apart and they are making sure that their kids are really close in age. GBDave is 2 and will have baby sister in March. GBKaycee is one today (no word on addittions yet)..... Anyhow I didn't plan for them to be that far apart that's just what happened....

Just go back fromthe foot doctor, he gave me the full go ahead for Jazzercise. Matter of fact, he wants me to use my foot as much as possible...I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy about that - oh-rah:coach: :cheer: :ebike:

later chicks...

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I am not sure how many of you know who steve harvey is, but his has hooked up with LAWL and is doing a weightloss challenge
------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUSHING WEIGHT’
http://sixshot.com/images/images/th_STEVE20HARVEY.jpg
Comedian Steve Harvey has linked up with LA Weight Loss Centers, Inc., to lose some extra pounds and is giving his listeners a chance to do the same with the "Brand New You Weight Loss Challenge."

The challenge is set to kick-off on Harvey's morning radio (http://www.sixshot.com/articles/5763/#) show on January 2, 2006, with a call out to participants in five of his 13 affiliate markets.

Twenty-five listeners from across the country will be given the opportunity to join Harvey in this weight loss challenge, plus get a chance to win a grand prize of $10,000.

Stations participating in the "Brand New You Weight Loss Challenge" include: WBLS (New York), WDAS (Philadelphia), WMXD (Detroit), KPRS (Kansas City) and WSRB (Chicago).

Star
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Shennie - Awhile back, can't remember just 'how' long awhile is. Anywho, there was a girl that posted on her, she was a disc jockey or radio personality and she was on LAWL also. She didn't post for long and seemed to be stalled what she said was due to exercise.
Here in the Detroit area we have "Mojo in the Morning" talk radio and Mojo lost weight with LA several years ago. He also married DH and I at a mass wedding on Valentines Day in 2003, at the Palace (where the Pistons play).
They must do this nationwide as advertisement. BUT the challenge for listners is pretty cool....

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
shennie - DD ha a very rough start this year too .... she also brought home her first "F" :o and that doesn't fly in our house ... Especially since my DD is in the gifted program at her school ... she has always made straight A's until this year ... she is holding tight to a "B: average right now ... I know she could do better, but her laziness is starting to shine through :mad: :dizzy: My kids have a PS1 and a PS2, and also a gameboy advanced just because DH is such a "play baby" ;)

Star - :carrot: :strong: :jig: :joker: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :tantrum: :grouphug: :wl: :woo: :twirly: :hyper: :balloons: :encore: :cheer: :tread: CONGRATS !

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Shennie- The Steve Harvey thing is cool. How much is he trying to loose?

Beanie- So glad to have you back sister!

Star- Yo go jazzercise with your bad self!!

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM
norissa, I think the laziness is catchy because i have been on DS all semester about just messy, lazy work and making him redo illegible things. But he hasn't had TV since the last report card (has statred to really enjoy reading though) so he was determined to make it better. He is also in the college prep classes (yes they have college prep for 4th graders :?: ) so their grading scale is a lot higher...he has to have a 95 to get an A, so i decided to tell him he needed an A average because Art is his downfall.

DS still has the Nintendo 64 so he is truly in need for a new video game, but he has to earn it first.

Your kids seem like so much fun and DH too.

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Okay, bravery begins today! I changed my avatar to my own pic. I took it myself, so I will see if DH will take a better one later!

Star
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh Katie - you are very cute and also very young looking, but then you are young right?

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Katie~ you look so great. But again my head picture doesn't match the regular one. I thought you had darker hair.

Star
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I was pictureing Katie as a younger/thinner version of "Beth"....lol

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
It would take a lot of bleach and a lot of surgery to make me look like Beth!!! Thanks guys!

MetalChic
01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
What "Beth" are you referring to? I'm lost...

Star
01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Katie - I think it was just becuz you and I are in the "Beth" fanclub......

Gamababa3
01-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Good picture of you katie I like seeing what every one looks like. Very cute pictures of your family also. I love the look on the babies face.

I have no energy today, with me out of work right now I'm finding it very hard to get motivated. I went to my center today and tried to talk them in to allowing a small white mocha on my program, it didn't work:( I only lost .4 oz, since Monday. I think some times we expect miracles over night. I know I have been sticking to the program, but I need to start exercising to help the weight loss go faster.

Oh and last night was the best dinner I've had all week. I tried making chicken fajitas using the cumin and Mrs Dash southwest seasoning and it was so good. I used half of a wheat pita to put in it and of course it fell apart, but was still very yummy. Thanks again for the tips.

Tonight I'm going to try stuffed bell peppers and I found a recipe on line that uses jalapeño pepper and cilantro in it. The dietary exchanges are 2-1/2 Vegetable & 1-1/2 Meat, so I think I will be ok. I can share the link to the recipe if you want it.

Hope you all having a good day.

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Beth is the wife of Dwane "Dog" Chapman, the bounty hunter. She is the kind of person you really want on your side, and don't ever want to get on her bad side. She has big blonde hair, and HUGE boobs. She is great! Well, okay, I am scared of her, but she is a really good person.

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Barb, WTG on the loss. A little loss is still a loss, after all! Did you buy the pre-split pitas? I cannot ever split mine. The peppers sound really good. I made a sloppy joe for lunch with ground turkey and a little bit of mustard and reduced sugar ketchup. It was really good and filling. On the tired end of things, I drink tea called Matte. You can buy it in the health food section. It is really good tea, and it gives me more energy that coffee, that lasts longer and doesn't dump you. I usually drink coffee in the morning for my IBS, then Matte around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Gamababa3
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Shennie how do you get the percentage to show up on your scale? I tried again today, but it doesn't hold it just shows main number. I want mine to now say 225.4.

shennie_97
01-05-2006, 04:27 PM
gama~ we sneak and get out tickers from ticker factory....shh
just click on my ticker and it will take you there.

Gamababa3
01-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh I know and I'm happy to see any loss, but I would just like to see larger numbers:) I was able to get the pita to split in half ok, but once I added the meat etc is when the bottom started to open up. I don't care for regular coffee, but I might start having a small cup. I will look into the Matte tea. Thanks.

Roses4me
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow, what a chatty bunch! Didn't mean to drop out of sight, but had computer problems. Last night DSIL came over and got it fixed. He's such a neat guy!! Went to the COD today and sure enough...what they said on Tues. about having to weigh in only once a week is true, I have chosen Sat. for weigh-in day. Just had a consult. today.
I see a couple of you are from Idaho, I lived on a potato farm near Pocatello for 36 years!! Been here in the Pacific "North Wet" for 13 years and have grown to love it, even the rain!!

Rosie

vibrantecho
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey chicks!! I've been swamped with work today, so even though I've been a faithful lurker all day, this is the first chance I've had to post.

NSV: I have $3 cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I drove by FOUR fast food places while running errands at lunchtime without stopping for a cheeseburger! I didn't even particularly crave fast food, it was just THERE and the cash was just THERE which is usually a good enough reason for me! :rolleyes:

I gotta tell you though - last night I dug my old horse show clothes out of my mom's spare closet so that I could clean them up and either consign them or put them on ebay, and boy was THAT an eye opener! Mentally, I know I was a twig until DD came along - but geez - I measured the pants, and I used to have a 24 inch waist! I don't think I have a 24 inch THIGH right now! (Okay, it's not THAT bad, but close). It's insane! I wish I could hang them up on my fridge as a reminder, but that would be awkward to deal with on a daily basis, lol. I do have an old skinny pic up, but that's just not the same as being able to say, "how close am I to fitting in these tiny pants?", ya know? :rofl:

FYI - you can see a current pic of me in my profile. Although, my hair is much shorter now, and I really don't look that good on a daily basis! ;) One of these days I'll get DH to take a decent, updated pic. Maybe today - I look okay today. :lol:

Gamababa3
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks Shennie, I went to their site and have tried coping the different codes one at a time and every time I try and preview it doesn't show the scale, but just code. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

vibrantecho
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
You need to use the "BBCode" I think it's called, and make sure you copy the whooooooole thing - it's really long and if you miss so much as one bracket, it won't work. :shrug:

Gamababa3
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks Fiona, it worked this time. I had to take off my words below and then it worked.

Nice pic of yourself you look really young.

Repo girl
01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Fiona- We must be secret sisters. That is exactly the stuff that I used to do all of the time. Dollar menus were my best friend. WTG on resisting.

Last night we drove to my sisters house so DH could fix her car. We drove right past this convenience store that sells a lot of ethnic stuff, and they have these lime potato chips to die for. I have never seen them anywhere else. Anyway, on the way home I said to DH, I am really craving those lime chips, maybe we should stop for some. He rolls his eyes, and keeps on driving. I was a little mad at him for not stopping. After we got home and the craving had past I was so glad that he didn't. What a good guy!

dawn78
01-05-2006, 04:54 PM
On the subject of cravings, my center suggested that I break up my proteins into 3-4 smalled servings instead of 2 normal servings. One way they suggested was eating peanut butter on my banana or apple. So I did it and now I crave peanut butter and can't even choke down a banana or apple without it. Thanks COD!!