Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #31  

The "Morning Blend" is the closest to the actual LAWL juice. I don't think it is quite as concentrated as the LAWL juice, so I don't use as much water to dilute it, personally. Just make sure that however you dilute it, you only use 16 oz. of actual juice each day of TO.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #32  

Good morning to all the rest of you chickies, too!

Was down a smidgen this morning, which was a relief after the really odd eating I did yesterday...slept until noon, first of all, then ate Olive Garden leftovers for lunch and a LC for dinner, and then had a massive munchie attack around 10 p.m. and downed most of a bag of microwave popcorn (bad!).

I am SOOO ticked at DH right now! Long story short, we are dealing with an unexpected legal situation, and DH decided to "handle it" without consulting me, and now I want to punch him for making some really STUPID decisions. And all this stress just makes me want to find the nearest convenience store and pig out. GRRR!

Whooooooooooo.....okay. I'd better go try and concentrate on the work I'm supposed to be doing...maybe that will take my mind off what an idiot DH is.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #33  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Deets- Thanks for the encouragement. My water is usually between 36-39%, but my body fat has to be much higher than yours, mine is between 41-42.5%. I would guess that yours is in the low 20's. I do notice that as the BF goes sown, the water comes up.

Mary- Makes sense about EMIL. Mine used to call DH on his cell really often, but since they have been mad at us, she hardly ever calls or emails. She never calls the house phone though. I think that she does not want to have to talk to me.

Fiona- So, I guess DH does not stand for Dear Husband today!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #34  

Hi everyone,
Thanks for welcoming me. I started FF this morning and I feel so bloated.
I'm afraid to ask if that will "pass" ha ha. I am going to do the bars but I will probably buy Luna or buy the LA Lites on ebay. I like the idea of having a sweet.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #35  

Hope everyone had a great New Year. I'm at work right now and very bored, just finished lunch. Congt. to those who lost so much in 2005, here is to loseing more in 2006

I'm going to go in Wed. and WI wish me luck for my blood pressure has been high the last few times I went in and I don't remember ever having high blood pressure.

Last night at dinner my whole family turned there noses up and told be there getting tired healthy foods. Help for I really don't want to have to cook more then one meal. I mentioned the new cookbooks to my center and they did not even know any thing about them. I have been trying to get a cook book for the whole 4 weeks that I have been there with no luck. Sorry if am going on just frusted about this.

Well have to go back to work now, talk to everyone soon.
LaurieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #36  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Mine usually says about 28% body fat, thats interesting what you mentioned about the ratio...good to know.

Back from WI, up .2 for absolutely NO reason except I was PERFECTLY on program. I decided to mix it up today and have a carb craver forlunch (which I havent used in about three months) and will have red meat at dinner (which I havent had in a week), maybe that will change things up. I havent had a BM (TMI?!) and my TOM is due next week, so who knows...

Y'know, my counselor and I were discussing my changed goal since I wasnt really specific with her about how much lower than 135 I wanted to go and she said, well, only you know how you look naked... and that if your bones are sticking out, then you might want to stop. I told her that actually my sternum is very boney (I lost ANOTHER 2 inches in my chest this month!) but that after three kids, the stomach area is still "fat" and she joked about a tummy tuck, can you imagine?! Shes really a good counselor, I dont know why she would say something so silly.

I had my measurements done today and she jipped me on the charts with my total inches lost...no matter My chest is so tiny now its 36" down from a 40" with 2 of that total just being in this month- WEIRD!!! I lost another inch in my waist and 1/2 in my hips and thigh, so I am happy the progress continues despite the numbers on the scale. Thats good news for everyone to take to heart.

Anyway, I should get running, see y'all later!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #37  
Katie

Laurie- Mary had some great ideas there. I like sandwiches like tuna salad, chicken salad, or egg salad, because I can put ff mayo in mine and eat it in a pita, while everyone else has theirs on bread. Pitas are also great for tacos, fajitas, pizza pockets, philly steak, etc. I am pretty strict about not having unhealthy food in the house. If my family doesn't like it, too bad. DH knows that he needs to keep his snacks at work or in his truck. When I buy groceries I usually buy one treat like cookies, and let the kids devour them when we get home. I have no problem throwing away leftovers. After all, like Mary said, one of the great side effects of being on LAWL is that our children are learning more healthy eating habits from us. Check out the recipe thread, too. There are some good ideas there, too.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #38  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I just made oven fried chicken form the LAWL cookbook and it was excellent! My DH loved it. We had a salad with it and I made oven baked steak fries for him to have (I only ate 2). I found that if I make my meals and add a potato or rice to the meal, he's happy.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #39  
Katie

Mary- How do you make a fish taco? I tried to make one, and it was horrible!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #40  

I am so delighted to find this support board for LAWL. Hope to get to know all of you, even if I am old enough to be a grandmother to most of you I have been going to LAWL since September and have only lost 9 lbs so far, but at least it's off!! I can use a lot of support!

Rosie
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #41  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

On the topic of family cooking..I made stuffed peppers tonight (just beef, brown rice and some salsa mixed together inside a pepper) and all 5 of us were happy. DH had his covered with cheese and the little guys ate theirs as "burger-rice" and I felt really satisfied knowing we were all eating well and the same thing!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #42  

Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #43  

Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #44  

OOPs hit the button twice!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #45  

okay i went to my appointment tonight and had a WI. I was not expecting that. I especially was not expecting the 4 pound weight gain since saturday!!! How embarrassing They just moved up my beginning weight. How depressing.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote