100 lb. Club - OT - Tough time - mind over matter

DollyR
12-31-2005, 09:39 PM
I am sitting here feeling deprived!! I can't believe it. I have not eaten anything different than I have on previously days in the past few months but because I have limits set I have this almost overwhelming feeling of being deprived. Amazing.....I tried to raid my fridge but my nephews ate everything when they visited so the cupboard is bare and the supermarket is not open until Tuesday. It makes me feel like I am going through a detox or something.

Give me strength........:( :( :( :(

sabriena
01-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Are you craving junk foods? I did that the other day.. and lo and behold.. I had tootsie rolls from christmas :( I cracked them open.. then read the calories per serving...140 calories, for ONE TINY TOOTSIE ROLL! oh man!! ha ha

Be strong!! You can do it.. have some water :) mmm water!

kykaree
01-01-2006, 02:46 PM
It's one of the reasons I didn't do weight watchers or any of the other plans. I am a brat, and if I am told what to eat and when I rebel, childish I know, but at least I am honest!

It sounds a bit trite, but try to think of healthy eating as a gift you are giving your body, not a punishment for liking food and getting fat. If that makes sense. No one expects you to be a super hero. Just get through each day the best you can, and try to focus on things other than food. The first month or so is the hardest, once you get in some healthy habits, it gets easier.

Hang in there chick, and don't get down hearted :hug:

DollyR
01-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks girls!! I did ok. I agree about the brat thing. I am like that when it comes to telling me I can not have something.

I posted my progress for Jan. 1 on the journal thread and truthfully it was not a red letter day but it was a HECK of a lot better than what I would of done home alone for a day. I was at least aware of what went in my mouth.

Chrys*
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm so glad you've triumphed over the nasty detox. *grins*
Sounds like you're on the right track.
Grins*