WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 02:27 PM   #1  
Chick-a-dee

Thumbs up New Boca Burger

I've always depended on yummy Chef Max's favorite Boca Burger. My last trip to the store revealed that Boca has pulled Chef Max's favorite and substituted a "great American" burger in it's place. The new burger is 2 points instead of 1 and tastes like an old soy burger from the school cafeteria.

Any suggestions for a worthy substitute for a meat-like soy burger for 1 point? Thanks!

Annie
290/204/150-ish
Old 07-05-2001, 03:19 PM   #2  

Sigh. I just saw the NI on my favorite flavor, the salsa Boca. Going from 80 calories to 130. That's a real improvement.

I read elsewhere that one of the flavors (grilled vegetable?) is still 1 point in the new "improved" packaging.
Old 07-05-2001, 06:48 PM   #3  
Chick-a-dee

The Vegan burger and the Roasted Garlic are still only one point, but I haven't tried them yet. Post if you find anything better!

Annie
Old 07-06-2001, 07:20 PM   #4  
REC

That is a bummer for you. Did they make the burgers bigger?

I like the vegan original, so that might be an alternative. Thought the garlic was not too good.
Old 07-07-2001, 09:08 AM   #5  

Hi...I just discovered the Vegie burger by Morning star.. 1 pt, 1 patty...It is very very very tasty. Even my husband likes it and he is like Mikey..He doesn't like anything...

Try it ...you will like it..

Kathy
Old 07-07-2001, 01:28 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

I just went shopping after vacation and my stores have a new packaged Chef Max's one. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe it is a regional thing.
Old 07-14-2001, 03:05 PM   #7  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
Personally, the garlic one is my top favorite. Didn't care for Chef Max, but lots of people do.

Hope they aren't bigger, cause the 1 pt size is perfect for sandwich bread.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:13 AM   #8  

Default New boca burgers

I came back from a month overseas to discover all my favorite products had 'new' versions. Must be a summer thing.

I had a new boca burger this past weekend. I honestly didn't look at the box to figure out the points, I hadn't started WW then and was eating whatever. It was slimy, though! Yuck, yuck, yuck.

There's this other brand of veggie burgers I sort of like, they're a little bigger and 2 points, but I can't remember the name. I remember the old Chef's Max! I used to love that one, better than the 2 point veggie burgers, which taste a little too "fake meaty" for me.

I might try the Morning Star burgers. I am absolutely in love with their chicken patties at the moment! I eat them on low-fat English muffins with a dab of mayo and some 2% cheese. Probably 5 points, if I had to guess. Very yummy.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:25 PM   #9  

A bit of good news--
It turns out there are two versions of the salsa Boca. One, the "organic" one, which is what I saw in Fresh Fields, IS 130 cal/patty. The regular one which they are selling in grocery stores has gone from 80 to 90 cal, but is still 1 point. I have exhaled.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:12 AM   #10  

Does anyone know if the new Roasted Garlic one is replaceing the "Hint of Garlic" old one?

Has anyone tried the Roasted Garlic ones yet....is is an over powering smell of garlic?

I hate when they change things!
Old 07-31-2001, 05:52 PM   #11  

Hmmm, maybe its just me, but all the Bocas taste about the same to me. I will add, tho, that I had a box of the Great American Classic (or some such name) and they calculated to 3 points!! I was more careful next time at the store to read the label.

I swear, they're out to get us!

Amy
Old 08-01-2001, 10:32 PM   #12  
Chick-a-dee

Default Garlic Boca Burger

Christine, I have tried the garlic burgers (the new ones). They absolutely overpower you with the smell of raw garlic when they begin to thaw. I couldn't even eat one bite.

I guess I'm in mourning, because I've tried every brand I can get my hands on, and nothing tastes as good as Chef Max's original 1 point burger. For those of you who can still find them, enjoy while you can, because the folks at BocaBurger told me they're changing them all, and don't we like the new packaging! I wouldn't mind the new look if the tast were the same!

Annie
Closed Thread