Support Groups - 40+ Fit & Fabulous

View Full Version : 40+ Fit & Fabulous

scl
12-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Starting this thread for the 40+ group. Sending messages to all the folks from the "buddy up" thread seeking a buddy for an almost 49 yr old.

We'll welcome YOU to join us for 2006 goals . . . so far we have:
loose 50 by June
loose 50 by YE 2006
loose 25 + by YE 2006
and more.
We also have a mix of 40+ folks, with all the challenges this age group poses.

So let's commit to lifting each other up during 2006 -- encouragement, support, and hopes for more fit, slim and fabulous folk in the coming year.:balloons:

Dee2121
12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Good Morning Scl - Thanks for doing this group for us!

I am looking forward to a great support group. What a team we will be. Come on all you young and spirited 40+ let's team up together and rock our bodies and minds for 2006!

scl
12-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Create "buddy lists" -- if you click on a user name link, a drop down will let you add that individual to a buddy list. This allows you to send messages to up to 5 buddies at the same time.

Subscribe to thread -- with or without email notification -- will allow you to "find" this thread quickly even if it moves around on the site.

Let's keep teaching each other how to use this site fully! There's so much here to help us support each other . . . Happy New Year's Eve to one and all!

Dee2121
12-31-2005, 11:56 AM
I guess we should all post a bit about ourselves and our goals...

I have a 22 workaholic son - 18 college going daughter - and 11 year old little girl that I SWEAR is my son's TWIN...All kids to the same hubby of 25+ years. My 11 year old came after dr's said I couldn't have anymore kids - HAHA Did I fool them or what?

Anyway, I too am carrying much EXTRA wieght around and looking to loose it over the next 7 or so months - at least 60 pounds, and then perhaps the other 20 after that - I probably need to get more specfic, but I am not sure how HEALTHLY dieting goes.... I am on the right road now, and am making Life Changes to a better me :)

srmb60
12-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I think I'd like to join this group, if that's OK. I need another thread to follow here at 3fc like I need another hole in my head! :dizzy:
I'm 45, have been married to the same fine fellow for 26 years. We have a 23 y o son who works out but still lives at home. Our 22 y o daughter is getting married in May, she already lives away. And our 19 y o son is in his first year at college. I'm a nurse who works part-time in a small hospital and we live in the country.
In 2006, I need to fix it so it sticks. In 03-04 I lost over 40 lbs and felt and looked (IMHO) great! But I keep yo yoing.
So in the first couple of months of 06, I need to get hold of things here. Learn more about how my body works and processes calories (I have never figured out my basal needs at a decent weight) and get at it. Then I need to learn how to live thin ... with minimal backsliding.

gardenwoman
12-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking around this thread for awhile and it looks like a great one. Thanks SCL for setting up this new group for us.
Here's a little about myself...even though I may be repeating myself to some of you....I am 46, married for 27 yrs., have 2 kids (son,25 and daughter, 22). I need to lose the same 75 lbs. that I gained when I was with child 25 yrs ago. Its time to lose it don't you think? lol
I am looking forword to getting to know everyone and getting started. I have done WW, SB, and a few other diets that didn't stick. I am looking into just plain ol healthy living now. If anyone has any sugestions, PLEASE...let me know.
Here's to Healthy Living for Life
TJ

srmb60
12-31-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure where all these other ladies hang out TJ but I like the food and nutrition threads as well as exercise and the ladies who lift. Actually I learn things all over the place at 3fc.

fit4me
12-31-2005, 08:18 PM
wow what great response!!! When I wrote that I needed a buddy whodathunkit!!! I am so glad and thanks for the group and the other info.
Sorry wasnt on earlier, went in to the city today for my bday hair cut, lunch etc. and ended up with mum goin to emerg. she is home now but was a long day. anyway thanks and I will be back tomorrow to write more.
cya Cindy

srmb60
01-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Happy birthday fit4me! I'm sorry your day didn't turn out so well. I hope your Mom is OK.

Happy New Year to you all. I'm taking a throbbing head to bed before midnight. Something wrong with that doncha think? Aren't I supposed to have the headache tomorrow after a night of partying?

Sleddogs
01-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi, I too would like to join your group. I will be 49 yrs old on Jan 12th and have decided that now is the time to finally drop the extra pounds and get healthy before turning 50 in a yr. I live in KS in the country with my family. I have 4 children ages 22, 19, 17, 16. The oldest is in college but lives at home. The 19 yr old raises and trains service dogs. And the younger two are homeschooled and help out here. I try to live a simple life, raise our own food, cook from scratch, all that stuff. I would really like to drop 50 pounds in 2006. I am glad to meet like souls. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Till later Candace

Bette k
01-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi can i join too? I'm 46 and have 2 children, a son16 and a daughter 4. Yes 4 years old, she was a bit of a miracle. I'm working in a high school as the study hall monitor, and need to lose around 100 lbs. Like Susan B I lost over 40 lbs a little over a year ago and gained it all back, I know I need more exercise in my life to keep things going. I live in central Iowa and don't have a lot of places to go in the winter time since I hate the cold.

srmb60
01-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I had a serious run in with some peanutbutter cups last night and this morning am very angry with myself. I know better than that. Like Bette K, I've done this before and know how it works .... and that don't include handfuls of candy!
Candace ... what a lovely life you have! Do you have vegetables this time of year?
If any of you are calorie counters, I've started an accountability thread just to get my head on straight. For starters, I just need to get back into the groove of eating less and moving more. Sounds simple, eh? Argh!

djm
01-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,thanks scl this is just what I was looking for. I am 49 and hope to lose 50 by June for my 50th bday or as I tell my kids 49 and 12 months. I am married and have three kids girl 20 boy 18 both at the same college, and a boy 15 who plays football and basketball. I join weght watcher in Nov have lost almost 12 lbs so far. I need to find some kind of exercise that won't kill me to much I had knee surgery a few years ago. Hope everyone has a great new year
Debbie

Dee2121
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!

Susan don't beat yourself up over a mistake. Everyone has week moments now and then...you are doing great on your weight loss! Remember it is takes a journey to where we are going. I will check on your accountability thread- sometimes I say I am going to exersice then I make excuses...

Happy Birthday fit4me! :hb: :balloons:

Sleddogs - I had an American Eskimo Dog - loved him dearly, he passed away this past July, only 7 with Kidney failure....a day doesn't go by without me missing him. :(

Got a question for all you...have you noticed being any more clumsy??? I don't know whether it is my age, or my extra weight, but I sure do bang into more things....I fell down our steps 2 weeks ago, brusied my right leg and my ankle bone, and still have a large bruise on my butt! Good thing I fell on that first... Yesterday, I slipped on some water where you come into the house...my hubby said I was SAFE - there was no way he was going to get me out. I am definitely feeling it today - sat with a heating pad on my lower back all evening, and stiff this morning. I think a lot of this is extra weight - 212 is my highest weight ever, even when I was pregnant I never weight this!

We had our big New Years dinner last evening - Yeah - I don't have to make anymore MASH POTATOES!! I feel I made them everyother day over the last 2 weeks! We are having some kind of fish today for dinner - Hubby and I are going out to the store to get it this afternoon together. Starting off on the right foot, but I know there will be days.....I will be looking forward to support and help from my buddies here!

Happy New Year!

fit4me
01-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Good New years Day morning!! thanks for the bday wishes and mum is home they didnt keep her in hosptial this time. They changed her puffers, checked her O2 and whatever.
Well cleaned both bathrooms, tidyed bedroom, and did some laundry ( no I dont carry the baskets yet!!)
about me well........
I live in Canada, am now just 49! lol married, 2 kids 27 year old son with crohns disease and he is married, and 25 year old dd. they both live not at home. have a dog that is our best buddy, she is 4 and is part chow and part husky with a touch of collie. of all our dogs she is the prettiest and best managed. We moved to the country (small village) 2 years ago from the city, so we live an hr away. I would love to be even more simple so Candace bring on suggestions! I have a huge garden but not food yet. it was one of the things that drew us to this place cos the house needs some fixing. dh is great at it when the mood hits, he has been off work for 2 years now with extreme depression, and tons of panic anxiety. he has drs and councellors and meds. but the meds are very touchy with him cos he has IBS bad. anyway we wont dwell on the neg. cos there will be days you will hear about him arhgh.
I work as a Continuing care assistant at the nearby ( only a 1 min drive 10 min walk from home) nursing home, it is small only 30 residents so nice. I am off work now cos I had a total hysterectomy with ovary removal Dec 1. so still recuperating although I did great.
not a nutshell but about all I can think of for now.
oh am thinking that I may like to do the run that we have for crohns disease this year. it is walk run whatever but will have to see when it is.
I will check out more stuff later as I have to go upstairs. our puter is in basement and isnt heated so brrrrr.
have a great start to the day. I am going for my walk now. cant wait till i can take the dog again. cya

Cindy

gardenwoman
01-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

And what a year it will be. Everyone is so upbeat and ready to get started. Thats great.

SCL~ Thanks for the tips. I've been playing around on the sight and found that there is A LOT of stuff here.

Susan~ The threads that you mentioned are great. Much more info than I thought is to be found here. I hope that your head is feeling better. I am looking into counting calories too. I know it sounds simple but I just can't seem to get in my head how to get started. So please if you have any sugestions...send them my way. I did check out a thread about counting. They were talking about a book called "Calorie Queens" I think. Do you know anything about that? I'm going to look for your accountability thread. I know I can use all of the accountability I can get.

DEE~ Sorry to here about all of your spills. I have been known to take a spill or to lately too. Of all things...I fell UP our deck steps! It was a sight to see and I'm glad that no one did. That happened about 3 months ago and I still have a lump on my leg.
I would like to lose as much as I can in the next 6 months too. My daughter graduates from college in June and I have set the event as my goal. I am afraid to attach a number of lbs. to my goal because I'm afraid I won't make it. So for now I am going to say that I will lose all that I can. Maybe later I can put a number in.

Cindy~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad to here that your Mother is home again and doing better. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. My Mother is not having a good holiday season either. 4 days befor Christmas she fell and broke her shoulder and then got the flu on top of that. She can't do much by herself right now and doesn't like to ask for help so she has been a bit on the grouchy side.

DJM~ I'm right there with you on the June goal. We'll keep each other going.

SLEDDOGS AND BETTE K~ Glad you could join us. I think we have found a great place to start our new year.

Well now that I have taken up so much of your time and been such a gabby I will say goodbye for now. Motivation and support is the key I think so I'll be here if you will.

TJ

srmb60
01-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh I don't know where to start!
here's the accountability thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71269

to count calories all you have to do is get a free fitday.com account and get out your measuring cups and spoons. It is simpler if you start by eating plain foods. And you have to be brutally honest. Ask questions, lots of 3fcers love it.

I don't know anything about the book, sorry.

I just now finally had a shower today! And I was putting my running shoes back on and I wondered. Have you read this too? I don't remember where I saw it. If you have running shoes on all day, you're more apt to exercise. You'll even do everyday chores with more bounce and vigour.

Well, that was a bit blathery and disjointed. Some days I make more sense than others :)

kjkas10
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Thankyou so much garden woman for all your help in getting me here. This is going to be a great year for all of us! It will take me a while to figure out how to do everything but with time I will learn.
This is my story. I am soon to be 46 (February 2006) Have 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl ages 28,24,22,&18. The oldest Boy is getting married within the year. The 22 year old just started his 2nd tour in Iraq. I have a high stress job that I tipicaly work 50 to 60 hours a week. I have a great husban that is very supportive of anything I do. I had a complete hystorocomy about 3 years ago. No HRT instant menopause. My thyroid crapped out about the same time. One of my bigest priorities is to get rid of stress in my life and I think it will be easier to loose weight. I told my employeer that I am cutting my hours back so start looking for more help. My number 2 priority is to get my colesteral to under 300. With in all this is taking time for myself. Thats where the weight loose and exercize comes. I get scared admitting how much I weigh, I am 5' 210lbs. My big picture goal is to loose between 50 to 60 lbs. My goal for 2006 is 20 lbs. Thanks for all of your efforts in constructing this great net group!
KJK:cool:

scl
01-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Greetings, all! Welcome to all the new visitors!!! We're so glad you've joined us . . .

Spending a VERY lazy day, listening to rain, might even NAP!!!

Here's my abbreviated rundown: 47, married 26 years, 2 sons, 1-25/married & 1-19 in college. Work and travel more hours per week than should be allowed; just completed Executive MBA. Assorted creatures: dog (small pony size), cats, birds.

Tried all kinds of dieting routines without success, until low carb. Lost roughly 40 lbs, but craved CEREAL most. Kept all forms of pasta and cereal out of the house to be "safe." Most lo-carb breads tasted like carmelized rubber, so I'd just eat a half of a really good whole grain bread once in a while. Maintained most of loss for past year. Ready for the next installment of real loosing this year. Looking at the new Sonoma Diet, with the hope the "good, wholesome" carbs don't cause a serious climb.

Just made a killer cucumber salsa -- limes, cumin, jalepeno, cilantro, garlic, olive oil . . . it's now pickling in the fridge. Tastes great with chicken, on salads, or with just about anything. Plan to have some with dinner later . . .
Looking forward to keeping up with everyone's posts!
Ciao for the day!

scl
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
The display mode tab is above the thread "frame" on the right side. You can choose three versions . . . a regular, a hybrid, and threaded mode. Check these to see if you have a preference.

buddha belly
01-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi - I would also like to join if that is okay. I am 48, single, no kids, and would like to lose about 35 lbs. I don't expect that to happen in one year for me, but I would be thrilled to lose and keep off 15.

Last year, I ate better and exercised myself to death at the gym for 5 months and lost 10 lbs. Was keeping it off, and then when it got cold I gained 3 back, and another 5 back this month. I know, I didn't exactly keep up my eating habits.

I am trying to change my eating habits by concentrating on the foods in SuperFoodsRX, and am back to the gym.

Thanks,

Marlene

fit4me
01-01-2006, 09:25 PM
hi marlene and KJK welcome and hope you do great. I am back as it is 9:25 and I am starving!!! didnt do super great on eating today too many carbs but didnt do as bad as I could have. Also did get the walk in. boy the wind was cold.brrrr. so am down here so I dont eat. was watching movie, semi interesting and dh said lets see what else is on, oh look ali movie. well no interest in mohammed ali so down I came.
so hopefully tomorrow, will be a tad better, should as the junk is leaving the house! lol
hope you all did your best today.
cya
Cindy

Bette k
01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
I got a walk in today :carrot: it was in the mid 30's, and I decided to go for it. I got about a mile in and, could still keep most of my old speed. I just have to work on endurance. I need to get some cold weather gear, but I might just borrow some of my son't football sweats. At least the ice storm is going to miss us, I hope it doesn't change course. I ned to work on the food part next, i want to get the Sonoma diet book tomorrow, it sounds like something I would enjoy.

Dee2121
01-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Ahhhh the second of Jan. Sad to see the holidays come to and end, but I still have family here, tomorrow everyone goes back to work and school - I will be doing the Happy Dance about 8:15 - does anyone care to join me? I will still have my college daughter here for about one more week - then the house becomes mine - all mine again!!!! (See, only people our age would get what I just wrote!)

My list includes a weigh in with a buddy since it is Monday - (Perhaps we should do Monday morning weigh in here??? - what do you think?) then taking daughter to dr's. -and then for precription, then perhaps I WILL open those FIRM tapes I have had for almost a year - yep, finally going to open and work out to the easiest - making myself - someone talk me into this!

srmb60
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Morning everyone! I had a good day yesterday too, although pretty sedentary. I'm not sure what kind of trouble I'll get into today ... hmmm ... I have some wood to stack.

fit4me
01-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Good morning everyone. DEE you can do those tapes just start slow and let me know if they are good and not too many moves. I am not good at moves. lol in arobics I was the one with the wrong foot and hand up after everyone else! lol
Today has gotten off to a good start, only the dog and I are up. Dh is having bad time sleeping past 4 and then lays there and worries so he is now asleep. (9:42) so I came down here so house is still quiet.
I dont think we have any plans today, we need to buy an armoire or tv unit with doors. I am not sure I want to go hunting for one yet but one store has dont pay today and it is over today so if we are going there guess we better do it. hate doing the dont pay cos in our case we never know if the insurance will keep paying him, that co. is a pain.
Will get my walk in today for sure. aiming for 2. one with dh and dog, hmmm, and one alone. so that will be 2 miles.
so hope you all do great and I will try to get back this eve. cya

srmb60
01-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Dee, I didn't see you there. We must have been posting at the same time.

I understand completely. Tomorrow the one who's home now goes back to work but later in the day the two who've been south are home again. It'll be next Monday before my house is mine all mine!

I'll weigh in today 137.5 but I'm skeptical because I've been doing the 137-139 shuffle for over a week.

If you use your tapes I'll stack my wood?!?

Dee2121
01-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I tried Pilates the other day...just the basic one where you learn the moves - I COULD NOT do it! I layed on the floor - flat on my back - but TOO much weight on my chest - too short of breath!

I am going to open the firm tapes! And I AM going to try one, I think I should be able to do it, as I love to lift weights and stuff - even though I haven't done it for so long.

I am feeling better since my slip the other day, more black and blue marks. I seem to have more than I can count lately.

Anyway, I weighed 214 this morning - lost one pound this past week. Pretty good considering that it was the holiday week, and I did nothing but cook and watch movies.

Well, I will check back in this afternoon, need to getting ready for the errands I have to run.

Bye,

Dee2121
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
SusanB and fit4me - I will open those tapes, and DO one this afternoon!
Truth!

I'll be back,

djm
01-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Good Morning All

Well i guess the chinese food wasn't the best choice last night. I stayed in the weight watchers point range but scale says I am up 3/4 of a pound. Must be all the salt. I really need to get busy if I want to lose 50 lbs by June. Does anyone know if the chat room ever works I would love some live chats. Good for all you brave people who will walk in this cold weather, I am trying to get my daughter to come to the mall for walking while she is home from school. They open it early for walkers. She said she will come as long as we could shop after. I might try my Richard Simmons tape when everyone goes back to school and work, they'll think I am a crazy lady.

Debbie

Sleddogs
01-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Happy 2006 to all. Today is the last day of the holidays for a while. December and January are hard months for weight loss here. Not only is there Xmas and New years but my oldest's birthday is Dec 18th, oldest son's is Jan 5th, 2nd son's is the 18th and 2nd daughter is the 21st (already mentioned mine is the 12th) Party down. I plan to try following the diet in a book called The Gold Coast Cure. It would be hard for me to go low carb as we are vegetarians. We already eat whole grains, grind our own flours and all that, so I figure this diet will be easier for us to incorporate. I want a diet that I can follow forever and is healthy. I also bought myself an early birthday present, my Mom always gives money for birthdays so I ordered the Turbo Jam dvds. I hope I like them. My daughter received Irish Dancing dvds for Xmas and that looks like a workout but she knows how to dance, I don't. I would like to find a way to make exercise more enjoyable. (is that possible!) I also plan to start yoga and meditating daily. I hope I can pull it off. Even though I am a stay at home person I still seem to always be so busy.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes.

SusanB, thanks for the nice comments. I do have some greens growing at the moment and plan to start more soon in outdoor cold frames. In time I hope to grow a nice size small garden in cold frames all winter long. The kids said I should warn you not to get me started on gardening, or I will never shut up! Heyyyyy! I guess gardening is my passion.

Cyndy, I understand the difficulties of a sick husband. Though our situation is different from your husbands, my husband too has disabilities. A little over two years ago he was in an accident at work. Another worker on a construction site forgot to put a loader in gear and my husband was walking in front of it when it suddenly hit him in the back of the knees and pinned him up against a truck. It was bad. He almost lost both legs but due to great drs he did not. He can walk now with a bad limp but he can no longer work or do many of the hobbies he use to enjoy. He is in pain all the time and I guess that is from severe nerve damage and is permanent. He found out very quickly how workman's comp is not for the worker and has yet to get on disability. He has had a really hard time accepting what has happened to him. Hopefully as time goes by he will adjust to finding new ways to enjoy his days. The last couple years though have been hard on the whole family.

Dee, I am very sorry to hear about your American Eskimo Dog. I use to have one when I was about 8 and I loved that dog so very much. I have always been an animal person. About 6 yrs ago our youngest wanted a Siberian Husky for Xmas. We got him two. Hank and Drover (both females! named after the Hank the Cowdog books) Now we have 10 Sibes and my son uses them for scootering, snowskating (similar to a small snowboard), and sledding. We love dogs here.

The wind is howling outside, though it is warm it will make working outside not very appealing. Good day to clean the house and prepare for school to resume tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Candace

scl
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
It's been 50+ years since we've had the parade with rain (1955) . . . Lot's of clouds and heavy rain scheduled, but currently only intermittent in Pasadena.

My family thinks I should have "outgrown" this, but I love to watch!

Have coffee mug in hand, trash at curb, dog's been out, big screen on & computer in lap -- what's not to love about starting a day like this? My POD (Plan Of the Day) includes parade, treadmill, booking next business trip, a bit of reading and writing, charging up the blackberry. I had turned it off because people feel absolutely NO restriction about calling while I'm on PTO (personal time off, if that's not an acronym you are familiar with).

Tomorrow, I'm back "on" -- and going full bore. The entire department fis flying in to California today and tomorrow and we're holding an "all hands" staff and training week; I coordinate these for our organization about once a quarter, rotating at various of our company's sites. By Sunday, I'll be on a plane to an Eastern state, then Thursday heading to Pacific Northwest, then Sunday (mid Jan) I'll be flying back home. The toughest time to follow plan for activity and food is (1) during events when meals are static for the group and (2) during travel. Since the training is based out of my "home" facility, however, I'm bringing my own food this week.

Got to go friends -- Parade is starting NOW!!!!

kjkas10
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi All
What a great group. My husban, my dog and I went for a walk last night after dinner. I am starting back on my Gazelle ( I know Toney Little is a dork)
Well my power just went out and I dont know how long my battery will last.
KJK:carrot:

fit4me
01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Good evening,
I did my walk, only 1 but was one and a half as I did the two side streets too. first since surg. and made the hill good. Yes Debbie I had chinese on my bday and was up from the day before. but oh well today I weighed in at 188. was 190 day before and before that was 186 so guess it had to be chinese. lol
Dh is in some rotten mood, he isnt sleeping so hope he is dozing while watching tv. and hope he sleeps past 4 am. seems he is really worrying about a lot of things again. but then there are a few pressing things that he cant control so....
Went to the city to see about a wall unit thingy for the tv. and checked on mum and dad. they werent too bad so thats good.
well guess better go get some tea,I AM NOT eating after 7 pm so it is nearly 7. and after 8:30 no more drinks as I am up too many times to the bathroom.
HOpe you all had a great day. cya later

Dee2121
01-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey All~

It was a very dreary and it rained here all day.

Just got done eating supper - great meal this evening, one of my favs - salmon, broccoli and salad. Simple but good. I drank a BIG glass of water before meal too, so I feel so extra full. I am trying not to eat past 7:00 either, just like fit4me. It seems to help me. I have been doing fitday too, and it says that I have been under calories everyday since Dec 27 but one...I was bad.

I FOUND the Firm tapes, took me quite a while, but I did finally find them. Took awhile to read through the info, there is a rotation to them, I guess with most tapes there would be - I think I am going to like them .. I have had people at my home again this afternoon, and daughters boyfriend is still here now, I will get to do a short version of one of the tapes after he goes. Sounds like an excuse, but it is the truth, I would feel funny getting down to exercise with everyone watching me. Was bad enough I fell the other day infront of two people - I was not only hurt, but embarassed.

buddha belly
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone - please don't wish for work to start tomorrow as that means my vacation is over, boo hoo.

Went to the gym today. One of my downfalls is gas station cappucinos, and I have decided that I have to do 45 minutes on the treadmill at the gym, to earn my cappucinos. I just know the gym is going to become horrible though when everyone puts their New Years Resolutions into effect. I hope I don't have to wait around too long for a treadmill.

Boo hoo, work tomorrow.

Bette k
01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
I went shopping today and bought the Walking off the Pounds dvd, I'm going to try one tomorrow before work. I also bought the Sonoma Diet book, and I'm going to start on Friday after I've read it through. Right now I am just trying to watch what I eat and get more exercise. I didn't get my walk in today because of the rain and cold wind.

djm
01-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi
Its a snowy day here in Mass. just did some shoveling hope that counts as exercise. I guess its time to take down my tree and decor that will take a few days. Fit4me I drank water all day to help with the chinese food i guess it helped scale was down a little in one day. Dee2121 I have also found an exercise tape of mine while I was hooking up my tivo. Richard Simmons, that guy has more energy a little nutty but helps a lot of people. Buddha Belly a cappuccino made with non fat milk is only 2 points in weight watchers which isn't bad at all and that a grande 16oz. Well i guess I but get started I also have a repair man coming to fix my stove. Its only one year old a the fan for the convection oven doesn't work and I only use i once.

djm
01-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Boy I better check my spelling before I reply must be sleepy

Debbie

fit4me
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Good morning all!!! Glad to see we all got some kind of exercise in. An seem to be some plans forming up great!!. So nice to have all this enthusiasm now lets hope we can boost each other through the yucky months of feb and mar. ( april here too but oh well) Candace that is too bad about dh, and I can uncerstand the no good for nothing that they feel but I can only help so much. Also I love to garden only learning but this garden we bought needs help as it was great but hasnt been cared for in a few years overgrown isnt the word. lol

It is nearly noon but I have had some energy and doing housework that I am able. I would say all but vacum and lift heavy stuff now. I will get out fo rone walk this afternoon and another later on.
I had a great GI breakfast and am doing great. I am so pleased. Now how do we get DH out of such a terrible grouchy mood. geesh.
so cold but sunny so out I go. cya later
Cindy

Dee2121
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Good Morning~ALmost Afternoon -

Well, I tried to do one of the firm tapes, that's when I realized how old I was- and out of shape....I did do the 20 min warm up to the first tape, then rode my bike for about another 5 min...all and all I got in 25 min of exercise this morning! I will do the warm-up on that tape until it gets easy, then move on to the next part. I had extra resistance too - my weimeramer is only 6 months old, she kept thinking it was play time for her.

djm~ I too have a richard simmons tape, sweatin' to the oldies - not sure where it is though, I will have to find + drag that one out too.

fit4me~ I was in your country this August, only for a day, it was a beautiful place. I got to visit Peggy's Cove, loved it there.

My daughter and I took most of the decorations off the Christmas tree this morning too....just lights and tree remaining. Will leave that to hubby to take down later this evening.

Is anyone here signed up for the National Body Challenge 2006? You go to the discovery channel and do it there....I did the other day, they sent me an email with info for it, but I haven't had a chance to read it over. I saw where they were giving you meal plans, I think that might be something that would work for me.

scl
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Greetings, all!

Was able to jump in on my treadmill / weights routine this morning! :carrot: Hope to continue on plan for meals; some goof brought a GIANT bag of candybar minis. I'm taking them to the meeting we're having so everyone else will eat them and they'll disappear rapidly!:devil:

Really BUSY today :dizzy: and have to run . . . but I wanted to check in! Have a great day.;)

srmb60
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I succumbed to the candy monster today. I ate 6 choclates at work! I'd been good all day and when it was 20 mins left in my shift I just about dived into the box. I'd better have some protein soon before my blood sugar crashes.

But all in all it's a good day today. I have to do some exercise yet but I will. See you all around.

fit4me
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
hi all,
Susan dont you just hate when that happens. but hey good most of the day counts for something.
I walked once not twice cos my neighbour wanted company to drive to town with her and we dont do that often and also since dh was driving me nuts thought be a nice break. we got her chore done and then went to this really nice country store, sells upscale stuff but so nice to browse. i found a tv entertaniment unit but wow 1,000 almost as much as the tv. lol
ate well all day other than I had one cookie so am pleased with today.
cya later

Bette k
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I got up and did the 1 mile WATP dvd before work this morning, I was able to do it pretty easy, but I'm not going to pump it up until the end of the week, then I'll be used to getting up a little earlier, and will know that I won't get sore. I'm going to figure out how to get some more exercise in in the afternoon after work too.:carrot: I also took a water bottle along to work and carried it around all day, got about 30 ounces or more in today so far.

Rivergal60
01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey Everyone,
Been reading your post and would love to join you. I'll be 46 on Jan. 11th. Married to a wonderful hubby for 28yrs. And have one son that will be 24 the 18th of Jan. Would love to lose 70lbs. I joined the April fools challenge and want to lose 25lbs by April 1. But finding this thread where we all are in our 40's is great. I feel I can belong. You find you have more in common with those your age instead of with.....say the 20's. LOL. Oh to be there again.....
Will look forward to getting to know all of you.
Have a great day,
Rivergal

srmb60
01-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Welcome Rivergal60! I hope you enjoy our little group. We're glad you came. I feel good this evening and honestly tired. I think tomorrow will be another good day for all of us. See you in the morning!

Post lots over night would ya? so I can sit in the morning and read while I have my coffee :)

kjkas10
01-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Today was a good day. My office was kinda quiet today. The owners were gone so we had a calm day. Everyone is in New Years healthy food resolutions at work so it makes things a little easier. No more boxes of candy & cookies coming in. Got some exercise in and Im feeling pretty good about things. It appears everyone had a pretty good day. What a great concept, I know even if I mess up, tomorrow I have a do over. kjk:wave:

fit4me
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning!!!
LOL Susan I know what you mean cos I get here early and wish for posts. I am atlantic time so an hr ahead of ON and an hr ahead of any of the states. oh well just browse.
Well yesterday was a good day and today WILL be too. I have had a good breakfast and will get my walk in around 11. that is when the mail is sorted and into the boxes at the post office.
So pleased with myself, doing well with this surg. I dont usually do well as have had a few surg. and never healed good but told myself this time so maybe positive talk is great. lol whodathunk it.!!
hope you all do great today. lets all aim for water and some exercise.
cya

scl
01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey group!
Accountability first: yesterday, succumbed to the call of an oatmeal cooking at our week long meeting (I console myself with the "health" of oatmeal over the other options) and I won't have a treadmill session this morning.

Have to run and get to work in next half hour. Meetings start early in order to accomodate early out for Rose Bowl. A HUGE contingent of Longhorn fans converged on the general vicinity . . . rabid USC fans (is there any other kind?) just think they've arrived for a spanking on the field. At our meeting today, the entire department has been encouraged to wear colors for their favorite team. Loads of fun, even if you have no investment in who wins.

Wishing you all a great day of healthy food choices and activity!

scl
01-04-2006, 10:39 AM
guess I'm a "sleepy" typer, too!:o

srmb60
01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I was going to say that oatmeal is a wonderful food. But oatmeal cookies ... ah if I could eat only one ... but I like 12!

srmb60
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
oooo gals, I had to rescue us from page two! How are you all doing?

scl
01-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Howdy! I'm watching the game now and sending email back and forth with a group of folk watching from another location.

No cookie today, but my husband had all the football snacking foods ready for ME to prepare when I got home. Brought plates of mini quiches and jalapeno poppers to the neighbor. Ate some of the poppers myself. Oh, well, only buy them once a year (for new year's and we substituted the Rose Bowl for the joint celebration with the neighbor). Thankfully, I didn't eat a dozen oatmeal cookies!!!! And, even more thankfully, they brought Lemon Bars & Brownies today, which don't even tempt me. I ate a giant spinach salad for lunch when everyone else got burgers, fries, and other assorted less healthy options.

Lovin our group, we seem to have plenty of folks scanning our posts!
Have a great evening!

buddha belly
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I kind of cheated yesterday - bought a bag of cheetos, which I hadn't eaten in years in the afternoon at work. I think it was the trauma of having to go back, lol.

Then I got my gas station coffee and did not go to the gym. Me bad. But I did drink water pretty well during the day at work.

Today, I resisted the cheetos - can't start getting back into that habit, and did an hour on the treadmill.

Just watched the Biggest Loser on TV, that show is so inspiring, it really is.

Sleddogs
01-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone, I just read the posts and it sounds like everyone is doing well. We have been having the most unusual but wonderful weather here, it has been in the 50's and 60's for several weeks. It does not take much convincing to get me outdoors. It feels like spring out there. Today I went down and tilled the garden, getting the soil ready for planting, which is months away! It was good to be outside. I did not get my exercise in today (rider machine) but hopefully yard and garden work add up to something. I have been doing well eating. For breakfast I have been eating oatmeal and berries. Lunch has been a large green salad with cottage cheese. (no crackers, and I love crackers) Last night for dinner I made vegetable soup and wwheat bread. Tonight we had brown rice and vegetable stir fry. For snacks on both days I had 1 orange and 1 pear. Today the Turbo Jam dvds I ordered for myself came. I have not watched them yet. Now that I look at the young fit girls on the cover I wonder if I was crazy to buy them. I feel so old. ;)

Tomorrow is my son's birthday, he will be 18. (yikes, wasn't he 8 last year) He has picked lasagna for his birthday meal. That is not very healthy. Of course he will have it but I think I will make a huge salad too.

Keep up all the good work.
Candace

srmb60
01-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey Candace! It's sounds like you are making very wise choices. You're doin' good!

Buddha belly ... good call on the cheeto's today. I like the Biggest Loser too.

scl
01-05-2006, 01:30 AM
one last post?
So, for the game, ate grilled filet & asparagus, 3 poppers (not horrendous damage), and took most of the other goodies to the neighbor 2 doors down . . .

GREAT job all of you who are posting strong resisting of temptation. "They" say making small changes daily sticks better than trying to make huge evolutionary modifications. What small changes are each of you trying to incorporate this year? Some of mine:
lots of water daily (not always successful at this one)
try to divide food into five smaller servings versus three larger meals (of course, I actually have to eat regularly for this to work)
"serious" exercise 4 x / week or more

Hey, the Longhorns just won the Rose Bowl -- I told my husband not to be too smug about USC! Chat soon -- tomorrow is another day!

scl
01-05-2006, 02:30 AM
:wave:
I'd like to try this site's chat feature:comp: , but I believe most of us live in multiple time zones. Due to work, this week will be haphazard, and I'll be on planes on Sunday. Would anyone want to try "chatting" on Saturday? What works for the rest of you -- I can do early morning hours Pacific time -- let's post some suggestions for what might work time wise.
So, what time would work for a virtual coffee session amongst us all?:coffee:

Dee2121
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Good Thursday Morning Everyone!

Welcome Rivergal60 to our group!

I have been running up and down our steps all morning, still putting away Christmas decorations, and repacking my show bags with new 2006 product -that is exhausting me so I thought I would take a break and post a bit...., but shortly I will be doing the warm-up to one of those firm tapes again.

I had a busy day yesterday, had a 5 hour meeting 2 hours away - was glad to get home, but I did phone calls, and ordering for 3 or more hours and that shot my whole day and evening.

buddha belly ~ Gotta tell you - I did the cheetos thing Tuesday, I don't even like them, I knew it was bad, but I just kept going....

This morning on FOX news they had had someone on talking about the new Sonoma Diet - it sounds right up my alley. It's not really a DIET, but a life change! I love oatmeal for breakfast, but tried something they say is good for you too, a broccoli omlet, it was great, and filling, hope to not want to eat until later today! I have a busy afternoon, so I think I will only fit in a small lunch and that will be fine. They said spinich, peppers, almonds, broccoli, all the rich green vegetables, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and even a glass of wine at night with dinner is great for you. I do like wine too, but I can't drink one everynight w/meal as I do home shows at night, and don't want to go out feeling a bit tippsy to work LOL. I am going to check out our book store today or tomorrow and see if anyone has the book in stock that I could take a look at. Has anyone here seen the book?

Scl~ Would like the chat too, not sure if I can work it in this Sat, but I can try. I am suppose to take my daughter back to college that day, but still not for sure in the time, or the day. I can do some late nights here, it would probably be evening Pacific time.

I FINALLY talked my best friend into trying to lose weight with me - :) She watched the show "the biggest loser" last night, and she got motivated - Drats, I wish I could have seen it. :(

Well, I think my breakfast is down enough that I can go do that warm-up and hopefully I can get back later to read everyone else's posts.

Have a GREAT morning!

fit4me
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
good morning all!!!
I was asked what my bigges motivation and my biggest issues will be. Well lets see motivation is to feel better, and sorry but am a scaleaaholic! i would weigh daily if I thought of it before I ate. Iwant to fit into my clothes better etc. my biggest problem is boredom which I can fix but dont seem to. so I have to work at that. I am very crafty have lots of projects but just dont seem to do that when i want to eat! foolish me.
So we all seem to have had a run in, last night was hot choc and stopped at 6 wheat thins so not too bad but didnt do really great in food yesterday.
Today is new day, and so far everyone posting seems to be on the right foot. ME too had my cereal and tea. I took a break from oatmeal today.
Dee they have some info on teh sonoma diet at the start of 3fchicks. I am trying to do GI as I think it is reg. healthy cos you focus on the right carbs not low really. the right ones are normally low.
Well dh has gone to dr apt think i will get out in the yard and prune some branches that have fallen etc. that are small as I cant do too much yet.
that will count for some activity. and then do my walk.
oh as for chat, dee and I have met up in there. I can try sat. i am 1 hr ahead of any of the eastern US. so will be either late or early for me. I have been up till 11 or so lately and am up at 8 am. once i get to work will be harder but it can be done. so suggest a time and i will try to be there, I usually am here from 6-8 or so in the eve. my time. but can do most anytime except late night. cya later
Cindy

fit4me
01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
just checking I did at weight tracker yesterday and linked it to another site but didnt show here. so seeing if it is here now... also I cant make the thread in my subscription list. it shows but if i click it I go nowhere. so ... Scl you seem savy how do i do the list thing. have a buddy list now. so lets see if the tracker shows.
have a great day guys. motivation today lets all get some kind of exercise in!

srmb60
01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I have been asked what I do. It's not that exciting ... I count calories using fitday.com, I lift weights (casually, almost everyday) and I get in some kind of activity ... walking, rowing, boogie-ing ... just some vigorous movement.

Today is very mild. So in just a minute here, I'm going to grab my MP3 player and go for a walk out side. 30 or 45 minutes would make me happy. And later on I'll do 20 or 25 minutes of weights for upper body.

fit4me
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Good evening!!!
Well I did great today, first day that i felt in control totally. I walked the dog to the mail. then cut down rose brambles wish more roses didnt have thorns!! let the dog into next doors yard and we had a chat. she wanted to walk to mail after her shower. ended waiting for her called said no so I went again anyway by myself! usually i would say well I walked allready but no want to do 2x day. at least till back at work.
Ate really good GI green light foods so was glad there and now it is 7 and feel full still so great. cos have been doing well not eating after 7 pm.
So guess will go up and check out what dh is watching and maybe get my mags out, i love magazines and re read all the time.
cya tomorrow. hope all did well!!

fit4me
01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
back again just checking that ticker see if it works this time. going to go even if it doesnt. getting cold. have the puter in basement and very little heat. cya Okay I am editing this cos when I do the clicker says all done etc. chose 3fc thing and still no go. how come when i did it for another site from the 3fc it went on right away. any ideas what I am doing wrong? have to go to the start of the forums and see whats up. cya

buddha belly
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
God I wanted to get cheetos again. I don't know what is wrong with me. I gave those things up in 2004. Instead I got a bag of trail mix - nuts and raisins. Drank good on water, but didn't go to the gym, and they are closed after 5:00 on Friday nights so I won't make it tomorrow either. I was just so sleepy today.

I think a chat on Saturday would be great - my gym doesn't open till 1:00 pm (MST).

Oh and fit4me - remember: shivering burns calories.

kjkas10
01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi All:wave:
Wow! I ate my day away but not in a bad way. Veggie sticks for snacks today with laughing cow cheese. Lots of Heart Healthy stuff and somehow managed to come in a little under my target. Go figure. I felt full all day long. All the women, (only 3 of us in our office) are on diets because our winter work ball is coming up in about 6 weeks, its a formal event. So it makes it a little easier. :^:

I am so pleased to see everyone doing so well. Looks like a couple bumps but tomorrow is a do over.

How do you do the chat? :dunno: I am not real computer savy, so I am not sure to get to where I need to be. Can you help?
Have a good evening and keep up the good work.
kjk:goodvibes

Dee2121
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Doing some errands on the computer thought I would stop in to say good-nite to all....

kjkas10 - Up at the top the little icon that says chat - click on that and it will take you to a chat room - You will have to put in your name - but not your password then you can enter the chat.... I was in there bout 10 minutes tonight, it was actually busy, I have only been in there once before when someone else was there, and it was with fit4me - that was a nice surprise. :)

Good-nite All

scl
01-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Here's a couple of answers . . .

Where to find Sonoma Diet book: I picked up a copy from Costco for $14.99.

Tracker: Once I selected the tracker pieces the "tool" created a string of "words" that represent the pieces. You need to copy this character string and paste into the signature box. Some folks seem to add other words or phrases, etc, into this box to further customize the signature. Also, be sure the check box under posting window is "checked": Additional Options > Miscellaneous Options > [] show your signature

Thread Subscription: When you post, under "additional Options" there's a drop down menu for thread subscription . . . for the life of me, I can't recall if this is the only way to subscribe. The drop down provides a selection of notification methods if you choose to subsribe. I'm not certain this notification actually works . . . I haven't received the emails. I'll let you know in an alternate post if other means exist for subscribing. What I like about this feature is that you can use quicklinks on the menu bar to take you directly to a list of threads you subcribe to.

Hope that helps everyone!

Did do treadmill / weights today; also, ate mostly according to plan. Missed the mark on water. Have to run . . . 4 am will come quickly!

scl
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Greetings, all! Scanning our inputs, here's what we've learned about our group's approach this year . . . we have a mix of:

MOVERS & SHAKERS -- No matter what plan you choose to follow, a combination of aerobic and moderate weight work will enhance your ability to succeed and offers significant long term health benefits.

COUNTERS -- calories in, calories out! The mathmatic approach has a sound basis, assuming a person chooses the "right" calories providing the nutrients for good health AND "enough" calories to avoid triggering the body's fat storage mechanisms.

FOOD TYPERS -- Low carb, or other plans focusing on selection or avoidance of certain foods.

Here's a question for the group -- what can the community bring to the table (or our posts!) that will provide you with the most encouragement in the coming weeks and months?

Have a great day, and hope to "read" from you after work!

fit4me
01-06-2006, 11:02 PM
oh my I will have to search out some of my motivation stuff and post an idea a day... havent seen it since we moved so may have a deep dig!
well today wasnt so great on the walking. ended up in the city till 7 pm - dark, pouring rain and no supper. so no walk today. but will go tomorrow am cos having surprise company tomorrow. my great friend from high school and university ( was my confidant in university!) is coming to visit havent seen here in at least 3 years. will be great. so walk before she comes and after she leaves. that was the good news. then we get home from the whole &^*(%( day in the city, tired, dh sore back, my swelly belly from surg. and dd says call me. so we call, really try to get this short, she is to be evicted in 15 days! well not sure they can do this, cos she signed a sheet ( forgot to get a copy) that said she was ahead 250 in her rent. so next month she paid the balance, she has paid all dec and jan rent but now they say she is in arrears of this and are giving her 15 days. well this is a big, expensive city so she has no first, last months $$ and damage deposit so ... but we think if she calls the tenacy board and sees what her rights are... I will not eat over this or get worried. Anyway that was my day. it is 11 pm and I need to get to bed but wanted to check in.
Hope you all had a great day and will check in and out of chat tomorrow!! cya

buddha belly
01-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Slow Friday I guess. My gym closes at 5:00 pm on Friday, so didn't make it again today.

As for what the board could do for me. I think I need it to yell at me to go the gym, lol.

srmb60
01-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Motivation is key, I think. we need to urge each other on. I'm all in favour of a weigh in day. And I really think we can learn by just reading each others posts.

Sleddogs
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey Buddha, I know what you are saying. Sometimes getting to the gym seems impossible. A few years ago we joined a new YMCA that was built in a town about 30 miles from here. My kids liked going so they made sure we were on the road to the gym 6:00 every morn. No not going with that crew. This last fall we cancelled our membership because gas was so high. So I bought some exercise dvds. We miss the y though and may join again this spring.
Tell the gym they need longer dang hours.
Hang in there
Candace

buddha belly
01-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Have done okay on my eating these last two days. Got to the gym for an hour between the treadmill and elliptical today - but I had to wait for a while for a machine.

Stopped by chat this AM, but was the only one there.

I think a weigh-in day would be good.

Hey sleddogs, are you from Alaska?

How is everyone else doing - let's not fizzle out so soon here gals!

fit4me
01-07-2006, 06:59 PM
HI there all,
I am going to chat in a min. I see that buddha just posted so maybe she will be there. I had comp[any all afternoon . Was so super great, two that i went to school with was so fun to reminise. one I hadnt seen since our 20 year reunion and the other was about 3 years so was such a great time. I really needed that.
Made a great supper and have been doing good all day. even walked early this morming cos I thought i would be too busy later.
Going to go check chat. it is 7 pm atlantic time. cya

srmb60
01-07-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm not fizzling but if I post a couple of times in a row I feel like a post hog :ink:

I think a couple of folks weighed in on Monday.

buddha belly? ... how are ya doin'?

scl
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
So sorry to have missed the chat -- especially when I suggested us "meeting" there! :o I had a pretty hefty allergic reaction and had to consume copious quantities of benadryl. Still have lots of hives. YUCK!

I support a weekly weigh in. I may have to fudge on the actual day once in a while due to travel. For example, I have to catch a 6 am flight tomorrow (4 am at our airport to get through security). Will stay in two different cities, returning next Sunday. Sometimes the hotels have scales, sometimes not -- but would rather use my own for continuity.

:carrot: Did get on my treadmill today, and -- at least through Wednesday -- the hotel in City 1 has a great work out facility. The rest of the week I probably won't have access, though.

srmb60
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
In another thread, someone pointed this site out. Just in case the link is illegal, you can probably get there by putting "soyouwanna" in a google search.

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/loseweight/loseweight.html

Dee2121
01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi all~

Having a bad couple of days with my business, then my internet, hubby, and now my eating...

I found out specifically that I AM an emotional eater this week. Escpecially with things that are out of my control. I never really new that and it opened up my eyes, hoping that I can curb that, and also wondering how to at the same time.

For those of you that wonder what a whole box of cookies taste like - I can tell you - GUILT.

Anyway, I am hoping for a better week to come, a weigh in will be great!
I do that with a buddy from the 3fc's too, and I think it will be a good way to be accountable.

srmb60
01-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I know what a whole box of chocolate covered cherries tastes like :devil:

Life does get in the way, doesn't it Dee? I'm not sure if this is completely healthy or not but I do find some measure of control in keeping my food and exercise under control. It kinda makes up for life pushing me this way and that. At least I have control over something.

I had a good productive day yesterday but not much of a calorie deficit. I find myself scrimping on the dreaded cardio yuck ptewy.

gardenwoman
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Good Sunday Morning to Everyone!!!

I can let you know just how a whole bag of chips taste and tell you all about how it tastes after too. (tastes a lot like beating yourself up feels) Life does get in the way sometimes but these boards help me learn how to hanlde those days much better.

Weight in sounds great to me too!!! On Monday is it?

Have a good day everyone. Think I'll check out this chat stuff. I haven't been there before.

TJ

srmb60
01-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Monday weigh in would be good by me too.

fit4me
01-08-2006, 05:58 PM
lol well I havent ate a whole bag of anything these days but can say that I have only had 1 day so far that was totally on my plan. no matter what plan I do if it is a "diet" or normal healthy eating I alway tend to sway... Dee I totally understand and that is my biggest problem is emotional eathing. I have told myself wait 10 mins. or you dont want or need or whatevr but never seems to work. I even printed a letter that someone posted on another site and read but today was bad. Yesterday was great now to string 2 or more in a row.
I am down a lb since I started but I am sure not going to get there healthily or this year if i fiddle like I am. arghhhhhhh
so what are we going to do. I think I will go over and get her note and post it here.
cya ina bit.

fit4me
01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
I am psoting what a friend on another site posted to us there, it is so interesting and so very true. Now if i read and read and read it maybe i will do it. hope it helps put things into perspective for you all today. and can you believe it as I am writing that last line i thought and I will go upstairs and get some rice crisps. ARGH

Hope you guys have a wonderful day today. You know, we have all kinds of choices that will come our way today and our lives are dramatically affected how we respond. Our families are affected, our attitudes are affected, our health is affected, our self-respect is affected, our tomorrows are affected, and our TODAY is affected. Think carefully before you run to FOOD today to give you a quick, few seconds of pleasure. Folks, it is JUST NOT WORTH IT. That taste of whatever will die out in a few seconds and will leave a sick feeling inside that will stay for a lot longer.

Make a decision today to be the kind of FRIEND to yourself we long to have in our lives. Make the ADULT decision today! I often think when I make the choice to EAT rather than to persevere, that my little spoiled 3 year old comes out and in my mind I can see her standing there with pouty lips, crying and wanting her way, hands on her hips, stomping her foot and demanding those things that she FEELS will make her happy. But if I STOP for just a minute and realize that she makes decisions based on what will FEEL good for a few seconds but will literally take her life from her... I know that I have to rely on the ADULT in me to make the better choice so that she can grow up and live a long, healthy and full life with all the blessing that come as a result.

That adult lives in all of us but at first when you start responding like an adult, the child will scream even louder for a long time, trying to manipulate the adult and get her to give in. DON'T! You have every single thing you need inside of you to make right and healthy choices today. The adult REALLY is the stronger side of you. I believe that with all my heart. The problem is that the "old tapes" in our head tell us that the child is in charge because she is louder. Deal with her like you would deal with your own children. Let her scream but continue to make the choices that will help her grow up healthy and I promise you the more days you make those good, long-term healthy choices... the quieter she will get.

The key for me is to realize that the CHILD in me responds on FEELINGS. She craves things and wants them and with eyes tightly closed to any logic or truth, she plows through life grabbing anything everything that she FEELS she wants or deserves.

The adult has to come to the point that they know that we can't live our lives by responding to "feelings". I have gotten into trouble in MANY areas of my life by "following my feelings". Sometimes they just do not tell us the truth. So the adult in me has to look at the bigger picture and make the choice that would give me a better outcome and looks at more than just THIS moment.

I think that's why I used to get up and perpetually fail again every day because I kept responding to my "feelings". I kept telling myself (like I said in my post to Kathy today) that I could not make it past these cravings and things I wanted. They were the stronger part of me. That was a LIE and a BIG one. The TRUTH is that we are created by a loving God who gives us the ability to do this. It's not easy... but when the baby in us is screaming all kinds of junk at us, we just have to play a NEW tape... one with the voice of our adult. Replace the lie with a truth. We may FEEL that it is impossible not to EAT a certain item but sometimes I say outloud "NO, that isn't the truth. The truth is that I have EVERY single thing I need to be able to say NO to this food and walk away and I CHOOSE to do that right now."

May sound sort of simplistic and silly but it helps me to put it into these terms in my own head and know that a part of me is all grown-up and can make right decisions. I just have to make the choice to DO it.

Muchizima
01-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Well hello ladies......this is fantastic. I just found 3FC yesterday. Actually I really believe it what I need to stay focused this year. I am a single mom of three daughters (15/17/20)..... and I "too" need to get serious with loosing some weight. I have diagnosed with Rupus (combo of RA & Lupus) and can expect a bad episode at any given time. So for the sake of my health and my family..... count me in. I've tried so many diets... you name it...I'm on the "I tried that too " list. My dr recommends that I follow the rainbow diet...I'm looking into what it takes to be successful on it. I know that the carbs are my worst enemy. The other day I about choked getting on the scale...weighed in at 269. The holiday tamales can sure sneak up on you. Since then....I've gone down to 264 just cutting back on carbs.

So Ladies.....let's go for it!

Muchizima
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Well hello ladies......this is fantastic. I just found 3FC yesterday. Actually I really believe it what I need to stay focused this year. I am a single mom of three daughters (15/17/20)..... and I "too" need to get serious with loosing some weight. I have diagnosed with Rupus (combo of RA & Lupus) and can expect a bad episode at any given time. So for the sake of my health and my family..... count me in. I've tried so many diets... you name it...I'm on the "I tried that too " list. My dr recommends that I follow the rainbow diet...I'm looking into what it takes to be successful on it. I know that the carbs are my worst enemy. The other day I about choked getting on the scale...weighed in at 269. The holiday tamales can sure sneak up on you. Since then....I've gone down to 264 just cutting back on carbs.

Muchizima

Muchizima

Muchizima

Muchizima

srmb60
01-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Muchizima! We're glad you're here.
I've never heard of the rainbow diet. Maybe someone else here has. You can tel me about it. We'll encourage and help you any way we can.
I think we're scheming to come up with some kind of structure for the thread. So far I think we're weighing on Monday.

kjkas10
01-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi All,:wave:
I have been sorta MIA this weekend with birthday parties, my hubby, unchristmasizing my home & just plain stuff. I am afraid and excited about "weighing in". I am afraid I didnt loose any weight and I will put myself back in the cycle of "what difference dose it make", Trying to stay positive.

I am trying to convert my medical problems to holistic medical solutions with the excepton of my thyroid. I am hoping that this approch will help with my ability to lose weight. Is anyone else into Holistic Medicine? If so what types of things are you working on?

My dieting is basicly trying to do low fat and high fiber. More than anything I am eating will, most the time. I eat every 2 to 3 hours, I have snacks high in fiber about low in fat 100 to 150 calories. My largest meal, lunch is about 300calories, low in fat, high in fiber. Dinner is about 200 to 250 calories. I am hoping that it is working. I am never hungry.:T I just hope it is working. I am making a attemp to committ to exercizing 20 minutes per day:?: . I know that dosnt sound like a lot but its a commitment that I know I can keep. I am try to keep my goals realist, I dont think I could take much more disappointment.

Got to get off the negative. Good thoughts for weight in tomorrow. Hope you all have a very good monday!!!!
KJKAS10

kjkas10
01-08-2006, 10:25 PM
:cp: I think I figured out how to put my goals in. This is very exciting for me. As you can probaly tell, I am easily amused. As you can also tell I am internet chalenged.
Happy Scaling:goodscale
kjkas10

fit4me
01-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi and welcome I too havent heard of it but imagine it is lots of veggies hence the colour. In Canada the food guide is in teh shape of rainbow and not a triangle anymore.
Good luck and hope you do well.
I have done good now that I am off the eating again for the night. one thing I have done not eat in eve. so that helps and the walking. I dont get negative real bad just want to know why and try to figure out why i eat when I dont want to....
lol maybe i need to go see dh councelor and physcatrist again. I went for a bit to help him but they said I was fine if i didnt need to come again.
have a great start to your week. and healthy eating!!

buddha belly
01-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi Just checking in. I had a bit of a problem with my computer in the chat room last night. Not sure whether the chat hijacked it or not, lol.

Started playing around with FitDay yesterday also. Just wish they had a few more food choices, and some more exercise choices. If I do the treadmill at 3.6 mph and a 6% incline, all I can choose is 3.5 mph, uphill. I am also going to keep track on paper from what the treadmill measurements read.

I know how not to eat a whole box of cookies, if you really want to know.

Don't buy any cookies at all! Course that didn't work for me last week when I got the bag of cheetos out of the machine. But... just a suggestion.

Welcome muchizma!

I will weigh in, but I don't really expect my weight loss to be superfast, based on previous attempts. Actually I weigh myself every day, so...that won't be too much effort. Since I gained 5 lbs in December, or gained back shall I say, I was kind of hoping that that would just drop off me, but...no such luck. (You know it hadn't be around that long).

I need to stick with this for the long haul, and make these changes regardless of whether things are happening as fast as I would like. Last year I fizzled out at the end of May.

gardenwoman
01-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Evening everyone,
Fit4me~ Thanks for posting your friends letter. It was something I needed to read. Like you said...I will read, and read, and read it again until it's in my head. Thanks!!

TJ

Bette k
01-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Saturday wasn't a good day, junk food and no exersize, bad Bette. Today I got my exersize in, but the food wasn't the best choices. Birthday parties are bad. I'm thinking about getting up about 20 minutes earlier and increasing to the 2 mile WATP dvd. It will have been 5 days at the 1mile, I don't really work up a much of a sweat on the 1 mile, the increases distance and energy might be just what I need.:carrot:
On a different note, my 25th wedding anniversary is in Aug, and I'm thinking about doing something fun like renewing our vows, any one have any ideas, or know how long something like that takes to plan? My husband has totally refused to go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impesonator, but still might be talked into a renissaince faire renewal.

fit4me
01-09-2006, 10:00 AM
good morning all
Well today is another day....
You know I have been thinking, I said to myself I would do this for ME. make ME healthy, fit and happy. Who are you supposed to take care of first yourself. so I am giving up on ME and that should not be an option. So as of today for TODAY only I will NOT give up on me.
also some motivation that I again got from somewhere else.
health is my goal, weight loss is my gift.,

by admitting your setbacks, you take a step forward....

this am. i wrote what I plan to eat ( like i did in WW to check points) and now will eat that and check it off.
and NOW I am getting dressed and going for a walk with the dog, bringing her home and then going again alone.
hope you all have a great day and will be back later. cya

Cindy

Dee2121
01-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Good-Morning ...

As to my Monday weigh-in...I have not gained any weight from my original start weight - which is a great thing considering how many cookies I ate, and how stressed I was... But I did lose 3 pounds before I went on that binge, and now I am stuck where I started - 214.

The cookies only came into our home because my teenage daughter said please several times we were in the grocery store....

What's even funny is my little girl is a girl scout - and they are ready to start selling their girl scout cookies this year.........LOCK me up.

I ate a great breakfast - scrambled eggs and spinich, I hear that is something you eat on the Sonoma diet so I tried it.....it was good. I will have some fruit for a snack, my vitamins, and go out to run errands until lunch.... I do work this evening, so I will be busy and that will help!!!

Bette - We celebrated our 25th last year in Aug....Did a cruise together - alone without kids...I really enjoyed it, we saw beautiful places, we went on a New England Cruise... but was a struggle with hubby the whole time, he seem like he was negative in a nice way, does that make sense? He just couldn't relax the whole time we were away. I think he only went along 'cause I wanted to.

Have a great day everyone!

srmb60
01-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I wish I was having a good morning but a fella on Ebay is driving me nuts! And he hasn't even bid on anything! Urgh!

But life in general is good. I had a good weekend. I can see just a hair of space below 135 on the scale this morning.

And it's cheered me up to come here and read your postings.

buddha belly .... I customize almost everything I eat. Sometimes my label doesn't jive with what fitday has to say and that is too inaccurate for me. When you customize something, it stays in the drop down menu and you never have to go hunting for it again.

For our 25th, we had a pig roast in the backyard. It was kind of a surprise. Really alot of fun.

Cindy ... planning is wonderful. You're off to a good start this morning.

MeRam2
01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone! Do you mind if I join in?! I am not new to 3FC or dieting! Imagine that!!!! lol! I am 41 (tomorrow actually) and married, (2nd time) we are going to be married for 1 year February 18th! I was married the first time for 21 years and have two beautiful teenage daughters, 18 & 13. One (my 18 y.o) has all the same weight issues as me and the other one is skinny, tall and very athletic! :carrot: Isn't it funny how different they can be?!?!?!? I work in a CANDY STORE!!!!!! Which is very very difficult at times. Go figure. However, I worked in Police Administration and couldn't (or didn't want to) handle all the stress. NOT of the job, but of a co-worker in the cube beside me!!!! Grrrrrr. While working there I gained back a lot of the weight that I had lost in 1998. Which was 100# that I lost and probably 60# of that I put back on. So, I started ww at home in June and lost 30#. Then I started going to meetings which ended up costing me like $20.00 every week. I know I know, meetings are only $12, but I had no self control and everytime I went I had to buy something!!!!:dizzy: SO, I quit going and started at home again. I came back to 3FC where I get so much support and have met so many nice people. Wish me luck!!! I'm going strong again!!! lol! I really wish I could exercise. I used to be really in to it. I dunno?!?!?!? Well enough babbling. Thanks for listening and I'll keep following this thread. I love it.

srmb60
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Of course you're welcome, Jeanne!
The exercise will come. Each little thing we do right, encourages us to do a little more.

fit4me
01-09-2006, 07:34 PM
HI everyone!!!

DRUM ROLL I have done one day as I planned, ate well, and what I wrote this am. walked 2 walks and it is after 7 and so far that is the one thing I hvaent had problem with no food after 7. SO am done for the day and I DID IT!!!!
on to tomorrow. ONE DAY AT A TIME just may be my new mantra!!
thanks for the support!!

kjkas10
01-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi All:wave:
Good going fit4me :bravo: :cp:
I once read some place that if you do the same thing every day for 30 days it becomes a habbit.

Is the Ranbow diet a designer diet?

OK, I was very apprehensive about getting on the scales this morning. however I am down 3 pounds:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Go figure.
Have a good evening! Welcome to everyone new:welcome2:
KJKAS10

buddha belly
01-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi, I weighed in today at 158 - have been that the last few days, started out the year at 160. I am not getting all excited about this as I was 155 at the beginning of December, so at least some of that should come off easier, since it hasn't been on so long.

Good going with your perfect day fit4me, and Dee, I know with kids it is going to be impossible not to have those "bad foods" around.

Well off to play with FitDay.

Bette k
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Today went much better, I got up a little earlier and did the 2 mile WATP dvd, ate a good breakfast and lunch, then screwed up for after work and supper. However I also did and extra mile for a total of 3 miles today. i also didn't get any junk food at the wrestling tournament. I'm getting there, I just ahve to put a little more work into it. I'm thinking of getting the fitness and walking fixed and then going full scale into the diet, just working on healthier eating now, not worrying about portions.

buddha belly
01-10-2006, 12:41 AM
You know I think that is the key to permanent changes Bette, not so much trying to fix everything at once, cause you just can't keep a 180 degree turn permanent - but working on smaller attainable goals that become a permanent lifestyle. Just my opinion, of course.

Kind of like flylady, if anyone is familiar, lol.

garnetfairy
01-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi,

I will be 43 on the 29th and I now weigh 299 after a 5 pound loss. I have joined a gym and have worked out 3 times so far. Each time was a more intense workout.

I am having constipation problems on South Beach...any suggestions? My mom is having the opposite problem.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/tulip-bar/penguin/lb/345/135/299/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

srmb60
01-10-2006, 01:14 AM
hey garnet fairy. I just got home from work and should not have had that glass of wine. Ooooo! I'll see what I can glean about constipation and South Beach and I'll get back to you in the morning. OK?

In the mean time .... WELCOME!

srmb60
01-10-2006, 11:41 AM
OK Garnetfairy ... as near as I can figure, the South Beach diet limits some carbs. The problem you may be running into is that you need fibre. You can get fibre from fruits and vegetables too. I'm not real sure on the whole grain type things though. If you work with the vegetable fibres and still have trouble, you might consider a fibre-tab. But remember that's just me talking.
As for your Mom? I dunno. Different things make different people .... go, ya know? Nuts would do it for me.

garnetfairy
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
What a Sh*tty topic, ha ha ha
Thanks for your help. I wonder if romaine lettuce has a lot of insoluble fiber. I have begun taking citracel. Maybe that will help.
Cannot have any grains in Phase one, no fruit either. I must be eating the wrong vegetables. Or my body just has to get used to the change in diet, probably.

Anyway, thanks for your input!! Have a great day!

srmb60
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Romaine? yup. broccoli is good too.
That's one topic I can help with. Ask any nurse, we know our sh*t!

Dee2121
01-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Good-Afternoon All - and Welcome new people!

Congrats fit4me!

I never heard of the rainbow diet, kjkas10, but it sounds to me like the brighter the color the better for you - Peppers, tomatoes, etc...??? Just a guess. If you find out let us know.

Having that boring afternoon don't know what to do with myself time - so I thought I would force myself to do something (other than eat, yeah it is working!)....I did do a warm-up exercise this morning for about 20 min - yeah me...I read a bit, and soon I have phone calls to make.

I am finding that it is all about control - not will power, as that would never work for me - but trying to have some control over my life of the things I can control is really important.

What's everyone having for supper tonight? Not sure here, but maybe someone has some ideas. I am in the mood for fish, salmon, but hubby doesn't like that, so maybe another kind. I will be stopping at the store after my little one gets home from school. I have been trying to go every couple of days for fresh fruit and veggies...that way I don't have everything around to eat all at once.

fit4me
01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
evening all
Oh how I miss my high speed net. here in the country we only have dial up and this is just taking so long. I found a fantastic site ( email me if you want the addy as not sure whats allowed) and seems that I get on in the am, go take dog for walk, bring her back go for my other walk and then dh is on here so seems i dont get back till later. oh for high speed to come to this area, we had it in the city.
well another great day under my belt, 2 walks, ate what was planned and no more so am so pleased. tomorrow have gyn apt so will be eating lunch out so going for a soup and then figure the rest before we leave so I can plan. doing good now with GI. if not a soup i like as last time was clam chowder ewww I will have whatevr and have soup for supper.
anyway glad most are doing well, and hope all got water in and some exercise done too. cya all tomorrow some time.

Bette k
01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi all, sounding like a broken record I did my 2 mile WATP this morning :carrot:
You are right Budda Belly, that's why I'm taking this in segments. In the past I always started the diet and after my weight loss stalled I added in the exercise. It worked for a while, but then after a wile I would miss a day then 2 and 3 finally stopping all together because it wasn't a habit. This time I'm doing it the opposite way, do the exercise and add the diet when the weight loss stalls:D .

kjkas10
01-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi All :wave:
I just got home from a work shop on holistic health and how to make your body work for you instead of against you. Some very interesting concepts and idea's.

Looks like everyone doing well on day 2 of the week :bravo: :cp: :cp: lets keep it going.

Maybe we should keep a group total of how much we loose for the year? Not sure how to set something like that up but I am sure there has to be a way. Any thoughts, intrest or idea's?

Had a stress day at work today, felt on the edge all day, my boss is driving me crazy: I did manage to keep my eating under control. So thats a positive.

Have a good evening
KJKAS10

buddha belly
01-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Still just fascinated with FitDay.com, looking at the nutrient report and seeing if I go what it thinks is the proper amount of nutrients. Went to the gym, for a shorter treadmill today. Keeping a running tally of weight loss sounds like a good idea to me.

Dee2121
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Good-morning!

I will try an email you fit4me for that site.

How about a good laugh for everyone??? Yesterday I was planning a very healthy meal, and I went to the store for fresh fish, and vegetables, and stuff for a fresh salad for supper. We were all gathered around about 5:00 pm and we were getting ready to prepare the meal...and all of a sudden I realized the date, and then checked my calendar...I yelped oh my gosh, I have to go to work....and the drive was an hour from my house... Well I shut everything off, raced to get ready to go, grabbed my sliced red pepper I had prepared for the salad, and some strawerries I had cleaned, out the door I went, my hubby and little girl went along....they ate dinner out, I worked (2 hours - in home parties)....anyway I didn't get to eat my dinner after all. LOL @ ME It made life interesting last night!

I may get to check in later, hubby is having mouth surgery this morning, and I will be pretty much tied up.

Have a great TODAY - remember yesterday is gone :)

srmb60
01-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm proving my own theory that weightloss is entirely unpredictable. I ate more chocolates and cookies last night. My calories for yesterday were quite high but ... boom ... down a pound. Go figure!

Good work girls! Keep it up. I'm off to change my tracker!

Marie
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to join your thread if I may. Last summer I was on a 40 something thread that just dried up and went away. I know that we all share some common problems with weightloss at this age, so I definitely want to be here. I also post on 2 other threads.

A little about me, I'm 44 yo, married with two kids (20 and 19). 20 yo and his GF are having a baby in February so I will be putting Grandma in my list soon, and my 19 yo is going to basic training next week. It should be interesting. My DH and I have been together for 22 years. I work for a school district as the webmaster/database manager. It's a good job that allows me a lot of time off. I have a 200 day contract. I have 3 dogs and 2 of them are huskies (and Alaskan and a Siberian). I just love them to death. My hobbies include stained glass, knitting (machine), quilting, and drawing.

I've been overweight most of my life. Lost all the extra once in my life and let it come back (all but 25 pounds) over 15 years. Exercise isn't my favorite (what an understatement) and food is my great comforter.

Bette, I just had to tell you that you inspired me to buy WATP on Amazon just a couple minutes ago (with one day delivery). On the other threads I've read, WATP was mentioned but for some reason, your dedication to it inspried me. I've been bummed that I couldn't walk anymore since it's been so rainy in Oregon this winter (our dirt roads have started to wash away and there's nowhere to walk on them). So I ordered the DVD and tomorrow I'm going to start doing them. Thanks!

Foodwise, I'm not as dedicated as I need to be. I'm trying for portion control since I tend to not stick with eating lo-cal food substitutes. I like the real stuff, so now I'm trying to reduce the amount I eat. We'll see how it goes.

Well back to work. Talk to you all later.
Marie

srmb60
01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
You are more than welcome Marie. It's great to have you here.

You come here and check in once in a while and we'll coach you past your food problem :)

srmb60
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Marie's comment on aging reminded me of two conversations I've been in on just lately. I had a chat with a personal trainer the other day and last night at work, some of the girls got to talking. Here's a sort of synopsis .... or ... what I thought about it all.

There is a natural progression to aging. We become less active (we're not chasing small children), there is muscle wasting, loss of bone density, loss of strength, loss of skin elasticity ... and hormonal fluctuations that make all of those worse. And because of all of the above, our body needs less calories.

Theoretically then, can we not deter these changes by making a couple of lifestyle changes?

Increased activity seems to be a given.

And so does eating better and making sure we're taking calcium and vitamin D.

If weight lifting prevents muscle wastage and prevents bone loss then we can help ourselves there too.

And maybe, hopefully, better general health will help with skin issues and hormonal things.

Anyone have any other thoughts? For me the most frightening concept might be that if I intend to age healthfully ... it might take a bit of work.

fit4me
01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
lol yea it will take work I think Susan!!! as I too work in health care I see it often - i work as continuing care assistant in an old folks home.
Well very short today,we left for the city a 9 am and got home at 7. whew tired. did well but not great. went to gyn and said all is fine and go back to reg. activities. did give me two more weeks off work so that is good.
then groceries, running around, checking in on parents. so now been on here on other site listing stuff. anyway gotta get upstairs and have a cup of tea and relax. I can have a bath tonight!! LOL after 6 wks of showers, lol dh says and I can have something else!!! lol I was teasing and said no dr said that wasnt till valentines day, dh laughed said knew I should have went in with you. haha.
have a great night ladies and hope to get here in the am.
onwward and downward!!! cya

Cindy

Bette k
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
MMarie, I hope you like them, I have the WATP Express with the stretchie band, and I like them alot. I'ts impossible to walk outside in the winter here (Iowa) I guess I could, but I really can't take the cold anymore.
Anyway today I was feeling really lazy and tired, just didn't want to get out of bed, but made myself get up and did the 1 mile WATP. I still don't feel like doing anything, but I'm glad I did it.

kjkas10
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM

I was reading that there is about 3500 to 3800 calories in a pound. Something to ponder. If a slice of bread has 80 calories, if that 1 slice of bread was eliminated from your diet for a year you could loose 7 to 8 pounds over the course of the year. I know, who cares. I just found that interesting:dizzy:

As for looking younger, I know for myself gravity has not been nice to me. Things are no longer perky. My girlfreind thinks we should have been sleeping standing on our heads :lol: then gravity wouldnt have been so unkind.

Have a good evening and remember tomorrow is always a do over.
KJKAS10

srmb60
01-12-2006, 09:40 AM
kjkas10 ... I've read a whole list of things like that ... I think it was in Readers Digest one time. The impact of the little things like one less slice of bread, one less tsp of sugar in your coffee ... It was neat to know.

BetteK ... I'm just like that most days. I don't want to exercise but once I do, I feel so much better. It was worth the trouble to start.

Cindy ... there's nothing like looking after a few little old ladies who have horribly crooked shoulders to make you want to go home and do some weightlifting!

Marie ... those WATP programmes seem to be very popular and are working very well for folks. I think they are a great choice.

Marie
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Morning everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. KJKAS10, I love the idea that we should have been sleeping standing on our heads. I wonder how much that would have helped. :)

Bette, I saw that Amazon shipped my DVDs so I should get them sometime today. I'm looking forward to them. I rode my exercycle last night and that was a step in the right direction. Good for you doing the 1 mile. I exercise when I get home from work. I can not get myself out of bed in the morning for work, more or less exercise.

Cindy, sounds like you had a busy day. I bet you fell into bed exhausted.

Susan, I definitely agree with the theory of aging healthy. This past 6 months, I realized that I will never be slender and svelte. I'm past that since I've been overweight most of my life. I also realized that dieting didn't work - I always regain it. So I decided to not diet, just eat when I was hungry and try not to overeat by eating smaller amounts. And to exercise. I decided to exercise regularly since it helps with depression and I'm bipolar. I went off my meds last August and am trying non-drug methods of dealing wtih bipolar. Exercise is one of them. So I'm exercising and eating better. Neither are at the point I want but I keep trying. What I'm not doing is setting weightloss goals that I can achieve but will lose. It was definitely an interesting realization and decision to give up the goal of being thin. Healthy is my goal now.

Well, I better get back to work. Talk with you all later.
Marie

srmb60
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk Marie! What do you mean, you'll never be slender and svelte? Check out posts by Ilene, Meg and Mel! Never underestimate yourself my friend!

Marie
01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Susan, I just have way too much excess skin to be svelte and slender. I definitely don't plan on staying fat, I'm just accepting nature and the damage I've done over the years in regards to the amount of skin. Thankfully clothes hide a lot.

BTW, I got my WATP DVD and I watched it (can't exercise at work...) and it looks good. I look forward to doing it tonight.
Marie

fit4me
01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
again Hi all in the evening. Boydont seem to have time for this dial up biz. lol
Did good today, only got 1.5 walk in . ( cos I can just walk the square or add the 2 side roads so did the square and sides once) ate well and am pleased. now tomorrow busy day as going to the city and taking my mother shoppiing.eeek hope she behaves find as she gets older she gets more pi$$ed off and louder lol
well best go want to have a bit of time with dh. cya later
Glad you are all doing well!! keep it up and try our best.

Bette k
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Back at 2 miles on the WATP today:carrot: . It helps me feel better to know I can do it. I think the weather is going to change, I started having some pain in my wrist and can't figure out why, so it's probibly old age and the weather.
DS is sick with strep throat, I just hope nobody else gets it. He cam home from working on a school project last night really tired and feeling sick, went to the dr today and yep it's strep. He felt bad when a classmate called and told him that the other people who he worked on the project with blamed him for it being short and not done real well because he was so tired. I think they had plenty of time to work on it, but only wanted to get together and do it the night before it was due. He tried to get together several times before that but no body else wanted to. He felt bad about being blamed for it.

srmb60
01-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone! What's everybody up to today?
I have a feeling our extraordinarily mild weather is not going to last much longer, so I think I'd better go for a walk outside today.

Marie? and KJKAS10
I still want to you go read threads by Meg and Mel, they often talk about excess skin too. But you are right about the clothing. It can hide all our ... um ... secrets.

BetteK? Kids can be nasty, yes? Teachers can see through most of the group project cwap. Most often I found that my kids were accurately marked according to the effort they put in.

Cindy? I just spend a waaaay too much time here on dial up too. Do you have your hand weights or knitting or something with you? Sometimes if it's really slow, I go make my bed or empty trash cans ....

Marie
01-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone. Happy Friday!!! It is my favorite day of the week. I just love it. So I'm happy - even though I'm at work and DH hast he day off. I usually get jealous and bummed. But today is Friday and there just can't be anything wrong with today. Also it's the 13th, so it's really special :)

I got my WATP DVDs yesterday and did the 1 mile walk. I really liked it and the time flew by. I used 1 pound cans for the weights but decided to buy 1 pound weights today before going home. Easier to hold. I think I will try the 2 mile walk tonight since the 1 mile seemed a little short. But I still liked it and liked that I now had a video with a short workout for time crunch times. It might be a while before I do the 3 mile walk, but who knows???

I'm going to look into buying high top walking shoes today. I have really narrow heels and I always wear dress boots but my tennis shoes are regular tops. I think I'd get better support with high tops. So I'm going shopping today.

Dial up - I live in the middle of no where and had to buy (satellite) DirecWay for halfway decent interneting at home. It's still pretty slow, but it is better than dial up. Pretty spendy though. At some point Qwest is supposed to instal DSL - I'm looking forward to that. :)

Well, back to work. Talk with you later. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Marie

Rivergal60
01-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey Girls,
Sounds like lots of walking going on. I just did the one mile WATP. Only my 2nd time. I really like it. I'll have to get me some more later on. I have the one & two mile express using the stretchey bands. Those that are doing the WATP could you tell me which ones you like and recommend.
Everybody have a great weekend and keep up the good work.
Later,

busyrae42
01-14-2006, 01:10 AM
life has been hectic- and it took me some time to find you! In the meantime though I've been walking at least every other day and i've lost 5 pounds!

Also, DH quit his job (the boss is an egomaniac and DH said "no one calls my wife a bi*** but me!) it's a very long story.

AND I registered for a business license today! Now this might seem odd from someone trying to lose weight, but I'm going to teach cooking classes for home-schoolers (to start, others later). I love to cook with kids! Way back when, I went to culinary school, then sidled into computers, but here I am many years later using the degree again. I found a great kitchen, made a brochure, and had lots of response. I'm so excited!

so, now that I found you all, I'll read these posts over the weekend, then be able to keep up.

rachel

kjkas10
01-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I am very pleased with myself this week. I stuck with my eating plan, exercize and just the life changes in general. Granted my goals are not set real high but my plan is to slowly make changes, progressivly increase my goals, and not set myself up for failure. I dont want to get into that cycle of failure, depression, and what difference dose it realy make stuff. :yikes: Gota get off that.

It takes me about an hour each way to work every day. So..... I have time to think and ponder strange thing. Today was payday. I stoped at the bank and the store. When they were bagging my stuff they asked if I wanted paper in plastic. On my way home I realized that everything comes down to paper or plastic. You go to work everyday and you do stuff. Then on payday you get a peice of paper to take to the bank. Then you either get peices of paper $ or you use your bank card, plastic. So in a sence everything comes down to paper or plastic. :crazy:

Well, I am in one strange mind set. Maybe its the snow. It was 50 yesterday and it snowed like crazy today. Go figure.

Looks like everyone is doing real well. Monday weigh-in's should be very sucessfull for all. How often dose everyone weight themselves? I am trying to keep it to once a week, however everytimes I walk in the bathroom and see the scales, I am incline to get on it. This has been very hard for me. Dose anyone else have this problem? How do you keep a handle on it?

Ok I am not going to bore you any more. Thanks for tolerating my babbling. :blah: Have a good weekend.
KJKAS10 :dizzy:

Dee2121
01-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Happy Saturday Everyone!

Been busy with work and stuff, but I have been careful all week, like doing something else when my little voice inside screams GIVE-ME-A-COOKIE! I am looking forward to our weigh in day Monday, I might actually drop a couple pounds finally!

I am going to do a bit of work out tape this morning, then I have to take my car in for front brakes. Gotta have brakes so I will spend my late morning sitting and waiting. I started to read the Dr. Phil book, I really like it, makes sense too. I will probably take it with me to the car shop to make time go faster. I thought about a walk, but it is raining/snowing here, cold again, and my little girl will be along.

Can you believe it, it was 74* in Pennsylvania yesterday, and today it is about 30* I think. There were dandelions in my back yard all week!!!!!!!

srmb60
01-14-2006, 09:17 AM
It's wicked cold and windy here today too. I never did get that walk outside yesterday. Mountains of laundry! Now today I'm kind of sorry.

It was nice to read the new posts this morning. Everyone is lovely and optimistic!

I've seen the scale question a few times, so here's my take. I weigh myself everyday. I get up, void, strip and step on the scale. I log any change in fitday. I've found it's helped me learn more about how my body works through natural changes like periods, water, salt ...

Marie
01-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Morning everyone, it's weekend and regardless of what the weather is doing (snowing for me), it's still a great day. I'm at my computer wearing my exercise clothes and ready to tackle the 1 or 2 mile walk. I haven't decided which one to do yet. Since I'm so out of shape, I probably should just do the 1 mile for now but I like the idea of doing 2 miles better. I think it's a mind game with numbers type of thing.

Yesterday, I spent lots of money on baby things. I think I mentioned in my introductory post that my DS and his GF are having a baby. They moved back in with us in September and I will be their babysitter in the evenings while they go to school. They're both in college and have 1 to 2 years left. Our way of making sure that they finish and that they have a better chance at good jobs (to be able to eventually provide for the baby). So, they don't have much money (DS works about 20 hrs per week and is FT in college, GF is FT college an 8 months pregnant). So yesterday, on a whim, I bought tons of stuff. The basics like sleepers, socks, bottles, etc. They basically had nothing. GF also went shopping with her mom and bought more stuff so I think they are actually supplied now. My DH wasn't too supportive of the $$$ I spent since he thinks they should buy the stuff. My question is HOW??? They don't have enough money. We're supporting them and buying baby stuff is part of it. Anyway, he took some of the fun out of it, but at least when I'm babysitting I will have clothes to put on the baby. Important things, right. OK enough about that...

I suppose I should get going and do my exercise and thinik about breakfast. At least I should feed my dogs breakfast. :)
Marie

fit4me
01-15-2006, 10:33 AM
hi all havent bottomed out, just wore myself out on fri, didnt even go on puter till sat for a min. guess did too much since surg. and yet am expected to go back to work in nursing home in 2 wks.... eeek but will be resting today for sure. just totally exhausted. doing okay food wise but think i will not walk today had a bit of bleeding yesterday adn this am. and not great i would think for total hyst. when i had nothing before. ayway cya later

ladylane06
01-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello all,
I have been reading through the thread and I'd like to join in. I'm a 44 yr. old divorced SAHM. I have one daughter (23) and three sons, (16, 15, & 3), yep, my little surprise bundle of joy.

I came across 3FC a while back and rediscovered it a couple of weeks ago, and it has really evolved! I have been enjoying all the motivation here and inspiring threads. I post on a couple of other threads but I think I'm the oldest one there! :( I have quite a bit of weight to lose and made the decision the day after Xmas to do it this time. I've tried times before... you know the stories tried everything. This time I'm using a different approach. I can't look at it as a "diet", the word alone screams restrictions and I can't feel like I'm restricting or depriving myself, not this time. I have to make changes I can stick with. My biggest problem has been a lack of exercise, so I decided to start moving.

I am also doing WATP. I have started with the 1 mile and it was an excellent choice for me being I have had a sedentary lifestyle for a while now. I found myself so out of shape that the first time I did the vid, I could only make it through 10 minutes of it... and modified through that! :eek: I am now able to get through the entire workout without modifying. I have some RS vids too, but they are just jumping around a little to much for me at this point, although I used to keep up with them no problem years ago. I also found my old SP vid, I did that one today for a change... it's about 10 minutes longer than the 1 mile tape and at the end it has strength training.

I am not following any particular plan where my eating is concerned. I have been using FitDay and logging what I eat. I am keeping my calories under 1800 (usually averaging around 1500). That has been one of my problems too... not getting in enough calories and my body hanging on to every pound. Since I began exercising again and monitoring my food intake, I have lost 8 lbs. :dancer:

I have a hefty goal of wanting to lose 100 lbs by Jan. '07 but I will take it one day at time and I won't stress if I have bad days, heck I may not even get that much off by then but I am going to stick with it. I know it won't be easy and I will feel like quitting, but already this new start has been a little different, I think because my attitude this time is different, and coming to 3FC has given me alot of motivation because there is so much here to draw from. This has gotten long but I look forward to getting to know you all and wish us all success in the new year!

:grouphug:

srmb60
01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Welcome ladylane06! We're glad to have you with us.
You sound like you've got your smarts all in order. Eat less and move more. That's just right. There's quite a few WATP'ers here, so you should feel right at home.

As for that 1800 calories. I think it's just fine. Eight pounds since Christmas is great!

Can you link us to your fitday, (if you'd like to share) and get advice and tips??

Marie
01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone, Lois, welcome and great job on losing 8 pounds. Sounds like you have a great attitude. I bet you do great! Yesterday I did the 2 mile WATP and I liked it. It took 30 minutes and was a good workout. I'm going to do it again today but for now, I'm watching football with DH. Okay, he's reading a magazine and I'm surfing while the game is on the TV.

I'm having a tough day food wise. I've got the munchies and am losing the battle. Hopefully I've put a stop to it, but it's been tough. I want to eat everything in sight and I'm hungry. I know it's PMS since I can't seem to get full, but I don't have to give in. Right? So I'm fighting it.

Cindy, I sure hope you start to feel better. If you can't get back to work in 2 weeks, talk to your doctor and say that you need an extension of your leave. Don't let it worry you too much.

Well, I'll talk with you tomorrow.
Marie

ladylane06
01-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Marie & Susan, thanks for the welcome. I'm using the FitDay pc version, so no link,. I really love the program, it's a huge part of my motivation this time. It really puts things into perspective.

Bette k
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Everyone, and welcome LadyLane
Friday I started feeliong sick, and since DS has strep and my throat was feeling sore I called the dr and got started on antibiotics right away. I started feeling better on Saturday, but Friday didn't do anything.
Saturday I made up for it by doing the WATP 3mile, a much more intense workout.:carrot: Today i only did the 2 mile one tho. I think I might have overdone it on Saturday because the 2 mile one was a tough workout today.
Tomorrow is work, Everyone have a great week!

kjkas10
01-16-2006, 12:33 AM

Lady Lane :welcome2: 8 pound :bravo:

Maria, Just keep trying. Try to figure out what trigers a bad food day. I struggle every day, I have been trying to stop and figure out why I want something that isnt within my program. While I am doing that I will drink a bunch of water and snack on some veggies or fruit. Most the time I has worked for me. If that dosnt work I will have a little bite or 2 and it will pass. Ever if you have a bad food day remember tomorrow is a do-over, clean slate and start over.

Betty K sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope your feeling better. Consider eating some yogert. Antibiotics kill both the good bacteria and the bad bacteria in your body. If you eat some yogert it helps to keep the good and bad bacteria in your body balanced. I know it sounds strange, but it helps.

I think I am getting myself out of my funk. We have been stressed because we havent heard from our son in almost 3 week. He is in Iraq, redeployed just before Christmas. This is his 2nd tour. Our daughter-in-law is in Germany and she hasn't heard from him in almost 2 weeks. So... a little stressed:fr:

So everyone ready for Monday weigh-in? I am excited! :cb:
Happy Scaling
KJKAS10

ladylane06
01-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone,
I hope everyone had a good weekend and we're ready to tackle another week. I just got my workout in and I have added a little more intensity to it. I am also thinking it's time to do something else during the afternoon or early evening, but I'll see how it goes.

KJKAS10, :wave: thanks for the welcome. I hope you hear from your son soon. I can imagine your worrying. Try and keep positive thoughts. :hug:

Bette, :wave: thank you for the welcome and good thing you jumped right on that sore throat. I've never had strep but my DD had it not long ago and she was miserable. Good job on the workouts. I'm still working on the 1 mile, hopefully I'll be ready for the 2 mile soon. I have to ease myself into increasing the intensity... I know me and if I push too hard I'll end up quitting like in the past and I can't let that happen this time.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check back later.

Dee2121
01-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Good-Morning Ladies

It's Monday - I think that is our weigh in day....I finally dropped 3 pounds! I am yeahing for myself!! It has been a hard struggle, but I think I am going to make it - I see the light at the end of the tunnel - but it is so far, far away - I think the tunnel goes to another country! Now I have to figure out how to move the little slide at the bottom - LOL@ME!

Welcome Lady Lane - great to have you on board - no pun intended. :)

KJKAS10 ~ I am hoping you hear from your son soon also. He must be in a place that is secret as to not be able to contact home. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and thoughts. I am going to send you a pm about a book that might be good for you - I really think it would help with your bad food days, I was the "queen of cookies" until I started to read this book. It has helped me!

srmb60
01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Good Morning everyone! it's so nice to have some reading to do when I get here in the morning.
Everybody seems to have an optimistic attitude this first day of a new week!

Marie, sports is bad for the munchies! as are Sundays. You'll get back into the groove now that we're back to the regularity of weeks days.

Ladylane, I love fitday too but I'm too cheap to buy it. So far so good with the online version. I'm fiddling with my activities this week. I'm plotting very carefully, hoping that I can come up with a number that truly represents what's going on. Then I'll set it and forget it ... except for extra exercise.
Oh and added intensity is a very good idea.

Bette, strep and the healing process may take some of your energy. Drink lots and keep in touch.

KJKAS10, right on about the yogurt! Besides that it feels good sliding down a sore throat. I'm sorry to hear that you have worries about your son. I can't imagine what it would be like. His poor wife too. They are in my prayers as well.

Dee, I can be your light in Canada :) But I was scowling at you when you mentioned weigh in day! Thanks to Chinese food and nice salty popcorn, I couldn't even turn my rings this morning. My eyelids still feel puffy! I rang in at 133.

I'm home today and have lots to do on the computer. Hope to hear lots from all of you. Good day!

Marie
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Good morning everyone. I hope everyone that has today off is enjoying it. I know I am. I already did the 2 mile WATP and feel good. I haven't even had breakfast. Decided to get the exercise done early today. I think I'm going to knit today and maybe draw some. Just a fun day. Now that PMS has turned into TOM, the munchies are gone. YEAH!!!!

KJKAS10, I hope you hear from your son very soon. That hast o be worrisome. My DS#2 leaves for basic training tomorrow so that should be interesting. He signed up for the Air National Guard like my DH.

Bette, be very careful of exercising with strep From my understanding the bacteria can get in the heart with strenuous exercise and cause real damage. Just do the 1 mile walk if you don't want want to totally relax. The 3 mile was probably way overdoing it.

Lady Lane, I agree with bumping up the workout too fast makes me quit too. I did the 1 mile and it wasn't very intense, so I went to the 2 mile. I really like it. I don't think I'll do the 3 mile for a long time, if ever. I don't like to expect too much time out of myself for exercise - 30 minutes with the 2 mile walk is all I can stand for exercise. 40 minutes psyches me out. I guess in many way, exercise is a mind game with me.

Dee, way to go on dropping 3 pounds. I don't weigh in (at least for now) but I certainly am doing the happy dance for you.

Susan, it does seem like everyone has a good attitude for the week. Maybe it's the holidays leaving our systems. I definitely have turned over a new leaf in regards to health. I'm even sitting in front of my lightbox this morning (I'm bipolar and have been med-free since August - using natural remedies). For most of the winter, I've left it at work on the weekends and only used it during the week. I decided I needed it on weekends so I toted it home and am using it for the third day in a row at home. YEAH!!!

Well, time to think about breakfast. Talk with you later.
Marie

Rivergal60
01-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Just dropped in to check on you girls. I have a busy afternoon ahead so I'll be back later this evening.
Wow, Marie, I wish I had the 2 mile done already this morning. You go girl!
I've been doing the 1 mile but I want to try the 2 mile today or tomorrow.

Gotta go, talk later,

Sugar_Bells
01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

Want to say thanks for the motivation I got today from reading the posts!!
I joined the site along time ago, lost some but not all I wanted, and now have put more weight back on for a whole lot of reasons. I know attitude and physical exercise is a major part of the battle. I enjoy doing the WATP tapes as well, I used to do the 3 mile WATP, and did the 4WATP 2 winters ago and when summer rolled around and I seem to have go sidetracked. So now it is back to the 1 mile this week and a goal loss of 2 lbs by next Monday.

A little about me, I am a decorative artist, married for 24 years, a daughter 21, and a son who is 13. My husband cycles in out of my life as he works overseas in the oilfield so it is a constant adjustment.

Thanks for the extra push today and I am off to do some exercise.

Susan R.

srmb60
01-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Welcome Susan!

busyrae42
01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm off today, too. stayed in bed reading until 10! finally finished the whodunit. I walked thursday and friday, then SCRUBBED on Saturday as Grammie and Grampie came to visit. The house is clean, clean, clean. what a change. so today I'm working on my client's website and my class costs.

I've walked at lunch every day- 8 laps to a mile at the school. on Monday I took 4 kids to the Trail and walked 4 miles. fun was had by all. That seems to be the trick for me involving the kids makes it easier. Catching up and reading today is inspiring, so I guess I'm headed out now...

Bette k
01-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks everybody for the good wishes and advise. I caught the strep before it was more than a mild irritation, and feel lots better now. As soon as I can get to the store I'll get some yogurt to finish the healing process.
I did the 2 miles again this morning, but I also can't go as fast as tehy do on some of the moves, so I go at my own speed.
KJKAS10 I hope all is well with your son. I can't immagine what you are feeling, even tho my 16 yoDS is planning on a military career when he graduates.
MMarie and Susan, I did the 1 mile WATP for 10 days before I even tried the 2 mile. The only reason I was able to bump up was that early last summer I was walking 2-4 miles a day before I stopped so I got used to the longer tape easier.

scl
01-16-2006, 09:39 PM
:wave: Greetings!

Just flew home yesterday -- it took me two sessions to catch up with all the posts! It's like a growing family and the support each of you has been sharing reminds me why I've enjoyed this thread . . .

My weigh in reflected "no change," but I'm not surprised--and I'm REALLY pleased to see no increase! Early in the week I picked up a sinus infection and couldn't work out at the hotel; the remainder of the trip I spent at my grandmother's hospice facility and ate the same meals they fed everyone else. Lots of non-plan items being served, but this was a time to create memories, not be picky about the food. On the flight home, I nearly ruptured my ear drum due to the pressure, thankfully I started antibiotics today. I'm going to need a few days to get back on the treadmill.

I'll check into the chat room and see if I find anyone there . . . It's really good to be home.

kjkas10
01-17-2006, 01:23 AM

Thank you all for helping me out of my funk. You have no idea how much it means to me with all your thoughts and prayers. I know everything is going to be OK. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that our son made a adult decision to go int to the mulitaery with full knowledge of what that could mean. ( he went in after 911) Thank you all :grouphug:

Maria my thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow. I know what an emotional day it will be for you. But remember you will get that funny picture of your son with the buzz cut. Its classic! Thats one of our favorite photo's.

SCL You did good just by staying the same. Sound like you are creating some great memories and celibrating your grandmothers life.

Dee2121 3 pounds! Fantastic :cheer: Your light is getting a little brighter?:sunny:

Wow I am amazed at how far everyone is walking. You are all making great progress. You should be very pround. :bravo:

OK, I had a happy scale day. :goodscale lost 5 pounds :goodscale Not sure how but Ill take it.

Have a good evening!
KJKAS10 :wave:

Dee2121
01-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Happy Tuesday Morning -

KJKAS10 - Congrats on the 5 Pounds! I finally got to pm you this morning about the book, been working overtime trying to meet a deadline today.

If anyone else wants that book info please feel free to email/pm me - I am happy to share it with you.

MMarie~ I love to do the happy dance. :) I have a standing day of the year I do it faithfully - on the first day of school when the bus comes to the house to pick up the kids - been doing it for many years now, even the other kids look forward to me making a fool out of myself on that day! I believe this is the last year...my little girl is being put into an advance math group and will go to another school for the first period of the day with older kids - and I will have to drive her. :(
But I will look forward in finding another reason to happy dance for!

Welcome back scl, sorry to hear you are under the weather.

Sugar Bells - Welcome to our group

Got to make the donuts...I mean "meet the deadline", but perhaps I can peek in tonight for a bit!

Have a great day everyone!

srmb60
01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Mornin' everybody. Wow, we had some great losses for last week! Congratulations to all!

And scl ... I think staying steady is an awesome feat while travelling. I like restaurant breakfasts tooooo much!

Everybody get feeling better real soon!

ladylane06
01-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Good morning, :wave:

Just checking in this morning. Wow, everyone is really into walking, very motivating. I got my workout in this morning... still on the 1 mile. I really felt that added intensity this morning in my thighs. AF is just a few days away and I am feeling it... didn't want to get out of the bed this morning. I didn't eat after 7:30 last night and boy did I wake up hungry!

Marie I think I'm ready to bump it up to the 2 mile, but I can not find it... I think my DD has it but she swears she doesn't but funny she had my 1, and 3 mile vids, hmmmm.

Susan R., :welcome3: and I'm sure you can get 2lbs off my next week.

scl, No increase is always good! :cheer:

KJKAS10, Wow 5lbs. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: ..I'd take it too. Congrats!

Hope everyone has a good day! :wave:

LosinSteady
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Im another newbie, mom of four, and was pointed to this thread. Im a walker, and started at 166, but started serious exercising at 162. Im happily at 155 and counting!

Im lucky in the sense that here in TX most days are pretty and not too cold. But then, when Im determined, Im like the postman. Be it rain, wind, cold or snow(sometimes we get it:D) I get out to get my walking done. Try to always get 3 miles in the morn, and sometimes 3 or 4 more in the afternoon if its possible. Did 4 this morning so Im happy!

Im gonna look around some and see what all there is here in the forum, and keep myself motivated. It really is soo much easier with everyone striving for similiar goals. Glad I found yall!:)

srmb60
01-17-2006, 12:40 PM
LosinSteady? I've started a thread in Support called Challenge ... the perfect day. Since you've already walked 4 miles, it sounds like you're off to a spectacular day. Wanna join us?

Anyone else? Come on over!

I got the title of my own thread wrong :) here's the link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73192

misslisa65
01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
I am new to this site but not new to losing weight. I have found that it is much more difficult now that I am in my 40's. I am back on Weight Watcher's and I am walking everyday. I live in Florida and I hate that I can't wear shorts or a swimming suit without feeling like a beached whale. AGH!!:dizzy:

Marie
01-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone!!! Back at work, but still in a good mood. DS#2 is on his way to basic training and I'm relieved. He's been very self-centered and immature since he graduated from high school. So I'm happy that the military has him. kjkas10, unlike you, there isn't a great chance of DS going to Iraq, so I'm not worried. If there was, I'd probably be very bummed at the moment. I really feel for you. I hope you've heard from your son.

Misslisa, welcome to the thread. My first response to your post was that you're not a beached whale and you don't look like one. So wear whatever you want. I had a friend way back in my early 20's that was thin as a rail and said something that stuck with me. "Wear whatevery you want, (shorts, bathing suit, etc) because really, we know that you're overweight but why should you be hot from hiding in too many clothes." From that point on I said, what the h*ll and wore what I wanted. If others didn't like it, that's their problem. To say the least, it was one of the best advice I was ever given.

LosinSteady, welcome. You are just a movin'!!! Wow, that's a lot of walking. I bet you're getting very toned. Keep it up. You're doing great!

Lois, kids never return or have anything of ours. That's just the way the world works. At some point after my kids all move out, I will be able to find everything because it will be where I put it. More than likely, though, I'll be so old I won't remember where I put it so I'll still be out of luck. :)

SusanB and scl, I definitely it's great to hold steady when traveling. Restaurants are so hard to stay on track at. I love having others cook for me and they don't do it withe the same lo-cal resolve that I do.

Dee, I literally did the happy dance a little while ago. DS2 is off on his merry way and I don't have to be subjected to his selfish outlook for 10 months. YEAH!!!!

Well, I should get back to work. Talk with you all later.
Marie

fit4me
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Goood evening all!! been about 3 days since I can honestly say that. Seems that I have been really down and out. Went to work to say would be back feb. and since then been really depressed. then Fri past went into the city with mum and it took all I had and more. I guess the driving for the first time since surg. and just shoppping did me in. No excuse for sat or sunday. but monday was so so. today I was good, so strange the moods leave quick and I dont get like that very often.anyway
GI here I come, I enjoy taht way of eating and do well with it. I made chicken and spaghetti squash, we arent very adventurous eaters but we liked that and I forget but made something else last week that was diff. adn good. so getting groceries tomorrow so must go check for more recipes. site has so many and great GI support. anyway best go if i want to spend any time elsewhere. cya

Cindy

scl
01-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Giant :hug: to one and all

Really glad to hear how great several of you are progressing on your:carrot: programs! Love to hear about your
:strong:
:ebike:
:tread:

and especially those who enjoy a few steps of the happy dance!:dancer:

I love to see your
:bravo: :cp: :high: :cheer:

You make it a joy to come :comp: and I know this year we'll each have favorable results :goodscale due to the support.

Keep it up!!:sunny:

Dee2121
01-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Happy Wednesday Anyone???

As I went to find our group this morning, we weren't on the first page anymore! What is happening to us?

Just wanted to say HI this morning to everyone....

I will have some time this afternoon to come back, maybe even chat if someone has the time....Have an early morning meeting - I am the speaker and since I had a deadline day yesterday....I m not prepared :)

fit4me
01-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Good morning all!!
I too had time to come this morning, not been able lately with running into the city first thing. Going to finish this up and get my walk in cos going to help dh make a hole to do some plumbing and then have to go to Truro to see our niece, she had heart surg. so going for a short visit and get groceries.
Then when we get back I will put them away and walk again. Have been getting my 2 walks a day in. think I may go around twice with the dog and then once alone to make it 3. then after that will be 2times for each of us. Feeling strong enough now. do find I cant go fast yet or belly swells.
Food wise, I am doing good again. funny what a difference a day can make.
Hope you do well with your meeting Dee and glad to se you scl!
Hear the dog barking so better run upstairs. cya later

Marie
01-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Morning everyone, sounds like everyone is busy this morning. Dee, I definitely know what you mean about a meeting and being unprepared. I have an 1 1/2 hour presentation this afternoon that I haven't started to get ready for. After 3FC, I will start to work on it. But I've got my priorities, right????

fit4me, glad to hear that you're back on track food wise. I definitely think that one day can make a difference in restarting exercise and healthy eating. It's like it just keeps growing. But I've also found the reverse to work the same way. One day of being "bad" and I have trouble getting back on track.

Well, I need to work, so I'll chat with you later.
Marie

srmb60
01-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Afternoon everyone! I got called in to work this morning so I'm way behind on lots of things. But it sure made me feel brighter to come and see all of your posts. It's great how everyone is managing to fit health into their busy lives.

Dee2121
01-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey all--- one more phone session and the day is mine, mine all mine! I hope everyone is having a pleasant day! Meeting went well, I even surprised myself :)

I hope your presentation is going well Marie!

Does anyone know about the calories in hot and sour soup. I can never find that listed anywhere. I just love that stuff. The calories can't be as bad as a cream soup do you think?

It's bitter cold here, and snowing, but the wind is really wicked today, no outside walking for me.

I may check the chat to see if anyone is there. I never saw a chat room as empty as the one here on this site, why do you think?

srmb60
01-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Have you tried calorieking.com? They have a nice selection of commercial type foods.

busyrae42
01-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I would imagine that hot and sour soup isn't that bad. The only problem I can think of is the salt content- between the soy sauce and added salt- but you can cut that back. The soup is based on chicken stock, so WAY better than cream soup... Here's a recipe link http://www.globalgourmet.com/destinations/china/hotnsour.html

kjkas10
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Been Very Busy, Trying to get all my 05 projects closed, while getting my 06 projects going. Had a board meeting last night and Monday night, as well as the weekend was spent collecting proxies. Looks like everyone has been busy.

Maria I hope your presentation went well.
Glad you are feeling better fit4me
Misslisa :welcome2:

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Got to go finishing making dinner.

KJKAS10

srmb60
01-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Anybody up for a challenge? It's just for one day ... but it's going to be a nearly perfect day.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73345

ladylane06
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone,
Not my usual early morning post but I had to get on here to do a quick check in with everyone. I got my workout in today and even added 10 min. on the bike :ebike: It's an added accomplishment for me! :carrot: My eating wasn't the best... went to Pizza Hut for lunch and had a couple of slices, ok ok, I had three so shoot me! :lol: I looked up the nutritional values on the Pizza Hut web site and plugged them into FitDay. Although they were not the healtiest calories, I still stayed under my calorie limit. I'm not too disappointed... I've been doing good since the 12/26, today was my first slip. Heck, I even came home afterwards and did my WATP vid. I didn't get it in this morning as planned ;) So overall, I don't feel to bad about the day.

Hope everyone has had a good day! :)

scl
01-18-2006, 11:19 PM
great check in! looks like most are doing well . . . ;)

did a light treadmill -- enough to feel I've worked out, but not enough to overdo. antibotics have kicked in & feeling better. :smug: ate all allowables.

checking out the chat . . .

Bette k
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi Everyone:high:
Yesterday was a good day, did my 2 mile WATP, and then went to the wrestling dual tournament, our team won both matches by huge margins:cheer: The only down side was not getting home till after 11, which made me way too lazy to get up early and get anything done this morning, in fact is was a big rush to get DD to daycare and me to work. I'm going to get back on it tomorrow tho.
More good news tho, when I weighed yeaterday I was down an other pound, that makes 5 since the first of the year:carrot: :carrot: :goodscale
Look out, I found the smilieys;)

ladylane06
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Good morning all,
Just checkin' in. Got up early and got my workout in. My thighs were feeling a lil' sore this morning... not sure if it is from the bike yesterday or my attempts to shovel snow... what was I thinking! :dizzy: From now on I'll leave the snow shoveling to my boys.

scl, glad u are feeling better... I miss my treadmill (needs repair) :(

Bette K, Glad you guys won the matches :cheer: ...and a BIG CONGRATS! on the weight loss :carrot: Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Marie
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone, glad to see so many posts. I just have time for a short post so here's an all encompassing hello to everyone.

My presentation went fine. I really don't like teaching much, hence why I don't but sometimes (about 6 times a year) I have no choice. I was happy to have it done with.

I walked two miles yesterday with WATP and I did 11 miles in 7 days. That's a pretty good start. I think this weekend I'm going to try the 3 mile walk, just for the fun of it. Plus it'll add more to my total which I have my incentive per mile program. So I guess the incentive is working.

Talk to you all later. I must get back to work.
Marie

kjkas10
01-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Been a very busy week. :eek: Will be glad when its over. Still no word from our military boy. Trying to stay busy and not think about it too much. Its kinda like sending your first child to kindergarden the first day over and over. Like the movie ground hogs day with Bill Murray. Cant think about it anymore.

Been sticking with my program and been doing well. Had a couple little stray's ( I had a cookie :cookie: ) on Tuesday & had an extra fruit on Wednesday (I lost could of my fruits) I know there shoud be some kind of joke in that statement. :lol3: The good thing is each day is a do over starting from the begining.

I am trying to incorporate more and more physical activity into my day. trying to bring it up slowly in small managable steps. Just slow and steady :snail:

Looks like everyone is doing a great job with walking. :cp:

Have a Great Friday
KJKAS10

scl
01-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Tired today, so this was just a quick catch up with the posts & check in. Hope this finds you all well, healthy, energized and working towards that fit & fab goal you each have.

Doing reasonably well, feeling much better, ate right & did half a normal treadmill session.

Dee2121
01-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh My - Friday Already!

Good-morning, this week went so fast for me.... Can't give a long post, going away for some meetings. I can't wait to come back to watch the football game Sunday.......GO STEELERS! Hope this board gives a big holler out there for my team :)

Everyone have a great weekend!

ladylane06
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
TGIF :wave:

Just a quick check in, I got a workout in and will push to do another one this afternoon or in the evening. I got an evening workout in yesterday in addition to my regular WATP 1 mile. I actually tried the 3 mile. It's more fast paced. I lasted about 10 min. :lol: Oh well an addition is good in my book and so much more then I was doing 3 weeks ago. All I thought about then was what time was I going to get back into bed. When I first started exercising again it was painful for my hip joints... now there is NO pain. Before it would hurt my lower back to stand for more then 5 - 10 minutes... now that pain has left. It is amazing what a few weeks can do for the body, mind and spirit. I will check back later. Gotta get some grub in me.

srmb60
01-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Lois, congratulations on your progress! And good job with those hip joints!

I joined that Nearly Perfect Day challenge yesterday and refused to give up even after I got called to work. So my day was 'fairly good' if not 'nearly perfect' and was I tired at bedtime phew! Feel good this morning tho' :)

fit4me
01-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Good morning all!
Glad to see some are making progress. I too have been doing well the past few days. I am going to tell you all something in hopes that it will make me more accountable. for heaven sakes ask me about it in the coming months etc...
For a few years now I have wanted to walk in a charity marathon just a 5 or 10 km. I know i can allready do the 5 but the crohns society has one called heels and wheels. you can walk, run, push a chair, stroller etc. so that is now my goal. I went on the website and dont see halifax has their date set yet but will call and see. I am GOING TO FINALLY DO THIS. been dreaming of doing soemthing like this for years. and since ds has crohns that is going to be the one. so have let the cat out of the bag, have set up a chart and I am on my way. have one walk in and going to walk to get the mail in a few mins.
so hope to be back this eve. will see if dh is on puter or not cya

srmb60
01-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Ooooh Cindy that's exciting! Let us know when the date is, we'll coach you up to it! It's like a fitness goal. Good for you!

Marie
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone. TGIF to you all. WTG Cindy on deciding to go for the walk/run. That certainly gives you a goal.

I did my 2 mile WATP yesterday. DH asked if I was going to do it everyday and I said yes. I'm an "either or" type of exerciser. Either I do it or I don't do it. Saying 3-4 times a week will never work for me. So everyday I walk. I'm up to 13 miles in 8 days. YEAH!!! This weekend I'm going to try the 3 mile walk then incorporate it into the exercise plan so I don't get too bored with the 2 mile walk.

I also post on the depression thread (I'm bipolar) and a friend got a new light therapy box that she says is so much better than her old one. It's based on blue spectrum light therapy. Well, I asked more specifics about it and then ordered it this morning. I'm currently sitting in front of my one year old light box and am excited about the new one.

Well, best get back to work. TTYL.
Marie

fit4me
01-20-2006, 07:44 PM
hi guys,
Well we ended up having to go to sil as other sil was visiting from away for the day. oh well had a good supper, she made chicken soup so was fine by me. and then she opened a box of choc. and I only had 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is super great for me. so now am home and came to say had a great day.
I am going to see if i can find any charts etc. that I can print up rather than try to make mine to chart my exercise etc. but if not will just print up a calendar page. talk to you all later. cya

Ciindy

srmb60
01-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Poor, poor day yesterday! I have to learn to cope better with hectic shifts at work. I had lots of good food with me but dived into the goodies anyway. Alas, we humans are weak!

Bette k
01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone :hug:
It's been a tough week, but I walked almost every day this week. :carrot:
The bad news was that it was only 1 mile WATP and I did miss one day. But I did do the 2 mile WATP this morning, and I'm over 25 miles for the month, way ahead on my goal of 30 miles. Next week I'm going to get back on the 2 mile WATP.
Good news, DH said he thought my waist was getting smaller. I didn't measure before I started, but it does seem a little smaller. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but I think I'm converting fat to muscle:carrot:

srmb60
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
This working for a living is definitely interfering with my life! Who decided nurses need choclate anyway?

ladylane06
01-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Good Sunday morning,
Just checking in. I got up this morning and got my workout in. I will add to it this evening... not sure what, but I will pick something. Today is my official weigh-in day and I'm down 4lbs. for the week! :carrot: I was pleasantly surprised. It let's me know what I'm doing is working even if there is no movement for a few days, we just have to be patient and keep going. :dancer:

Bette, sounds like you're doing great. I do the WATP 1 mile everyday except Sat., that's my chosen day off. As soon as I find my 2 mile tape I will give that a try... so I had to chuckle when you said "the bad things is...", because the 1 mile is all I've been doing so far. WhooHoo, on your DH noticing a change, that must have made your day! :cheer:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and the coming week is even better. I'll check back later.

kjkas10
01-22-2006, 11:41 AM

This last week just kicked my :censored: Susan B you are defintly right, this work thing is interfearing with my personal life way too much.:lol3:

Went for a 3 mile walk with my dog (shadow) yesterday. Friday night we got 10 inches of wet sticky snow. It was so pretty out in the forest preserve along the river. Got some great shot. Oh yah Im a picture nut. The digital camera has feed my ability to take more pictures:dizzy:

Lady Lane, way to go! 4 pounds :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Dee GO STEALERS :cheer:

Everyone is a great job Walking. Wonder how many miles have been walked by this group since January 1?

At work for our birthday's my empoyer always gets cookies, cakes, pastries, in general sugar filled junk. My birthday is coming up in February (9) so before they order all this junk I was thinking of telling them I would rather have a fruit and veggie tray. Do you think that would be appropriate? I dont want to be ungreatful but I just dont want the junk. Any comments?

My dh got called out to work 1st thing this morning, dd is working, dm went to church so I have the house to my self. Just me and my shadow (dog)

Hope everyone has a good weigh in :goodscale

KJKAS10 :wave:

teach26
01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I've never posted before. I enjoy reading this thread, especially, because I'll be 40 in a couple of weeks! :D
But I had to post today after reading Dee's post. I love football and I LOVE the Steelers!!:cheer:

169/157/120

srmb60
01-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome and post more. We love new people!
What's your plan?

teach26
01-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been trying to figure out how to add a picture and the weight-thingy across the bottom. I think I figured it out.

I turn 40 in February, am a teacher, wife, mother to one angst-ridden teenager (that's a whole other thread).

My plan - since the new year, I've been eating better...oatmeal and/or fruit for breakfast , salad for lunch, fish or chicken and veggies for dinner. More protein, less carbs, no chocolate, candy, pizza, fast food, etc. I'm counting calories...trying to stay under 1200 per day...and working out everyday. It's been very hard...I've been incredibly tempted to cheat, but have not had anything bad for me in almost a month.

My "wake-up" moment came over Christmas when I had some blood work done and found out my chloresterol (is that spelled right?) was 284...holy crap! I also weighed more that I did the day I gave birth to my son 16 years ago. I want to be 40 and fabulous, not 40 and frumpy. I know there's a thin, athletic person inside somewhere.

What's everyone else doing? How do you stay motivated and deal with temptation?

Thanks again for the welcome.
Ann

srmb60
01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Some of us also post in a thread called Calorie Counters KISS. I think it's under general diet plans ... calorie counters.

Motivation? Temptation? each day I try again.

Marie
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi All, Dee - the Steelers are winning 24-3 at half-time. I'm cheering for them as I type this. I like Bettis and would love to see him get a super bowl ring.

SusanB, I totally agreee - every day I try again. So far with food I'm not doing great. But exercise, doing fabulous. I tried my WATP 3 mile walk this morning and it was a little harder. I'm tired now.

I've been cleaning a lot this weekend. I washemd my house yesterday. I live on dirt roads and I washed everything to take the bown dinge off. Even cleaned the ceiling fan blades, the globes and bulbs. The whole house looks great.

Well, I'm off for the day. Talk to you tomorrow.
Marie

2LosinIt
01-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone... I've never posted in a thread...anything...anywhere... so I don't even know if I'm doing this right. I've just been exploring this site and thought I'd give it a try.
Been overweight my whole life... cute and chubby turned into the "big girl" in no time. Being the "fun" one was alright, but I've never known what it felt like to be the sexy one. Now I'm over 40 (turned 44 yesterday) and, while happy with most of my life, just sad and angry with myself when I consider my weight. So.... here I am! Started following WW (not attending meetings, but doing it with a partner on our own) 2 1/2 weeks ago.... and thought I could learn from and gather/give support to others.

(and yes...Steelers won... good for them, but I'm still bitter about my COLTS!) ;)

Here's to us!

Bette k
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Welcome Teach26 and 2losin it
How do you stay motivated, you just keep getting back up everytime you fall. For me the exercise is coming first, I get up at 5:45am to get it in every morning. For me that is an obscenly early hour, I have always been a night person. I know if I don't do it then I won't lose weight.

Today I did 2 mile of WATP, but I did it differently, I did the first mile of the 3 mile dvd, and the last mile where she does the stretchy band. I did a little over 2 miles that way, it was a little harder workout and a little variety. I didn't feel up to the full 3 miles this morning.

kjkas10 I figured out my total for the month, drum roll please, 29 miles!:carrot: :carrot: I definatly have to raise my goal for this month, I know I'll get the 30 done tomorrow.:D

kjkas10
01-22-2006, 09:34 PM

:welcome2: Teacher26 & 2loose it

Betty K - I love keeping track of stats. Maybe the end of each month I will ask everyone to post weight loose (for the month) and miles walked and keep a running (no pun intended) total of the group. Could be fun.

Dee Go STEALERS! :cheer:

Have a good monday Happy Scaling :goodscale

KJKAS10

srmb60
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Maybe the first one here on Mondays could start a weekly thread and we'll start by summarizing the last week and maybe theorizing what will happen next .... er something like that ????

scl
01-23-2006, 12:58 AM
I hurt EVERYWHERE. :( but it's a "good" hurt, or maybe bad hurt but for good reason? Never the less, weeded ENTIRE back yard, added new plants and painted perimeter wall. Hauled several barrels of yard waste out. Loving this first "clean up" of the season. :D So, not my routine exercise, but it has to count for something. Well, after some more ibuprophen, I think it's bed time.

Like the weekly thread idea, Susan. We'll see what happens in the am!

Dee2121
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Good-Morning Everyone~

Had a long weekend with trainings and such, and then came home to a sick child. She is home from school today, but alas she is still resting!

Welcome teach26 and -2LosinIt How about those STEELERS! (Sorry 2LosinIt about the colts and all, but....)

Thanks for all the roots from everyone, wasn't that a great game! Instead of snacking all afternoon as we would have, we had a victory supper here. Crabs legs, asparagus, salad, but I had some white baked bread from the store .....mmmm was that ever good... 2 pieces.

Weigh in day, of course is today....I would have done a lot better if I wouldn't have eaten that white fresh warm bread...mmmm, but anyway, I did lose 2 more pounds! I am very excited. I need to do more exercising that is for sure....I am eating very good now, but shame on me for not getting more physical, I am being lazy. That is something I have to work on this week!

You guys must talk me into to exercising more!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Marie
01-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Good morning everyone. I took the day off so I'm just being lazy this morning. I plan to do the WATP 2 mile walk in a litt bit bit but for now I'm surfing. I think that today I'm going to finish a sweater that I have been knitting for over 4 months. I do machine knitting and it's very close to being done. I just haven't been motivated to do. So today, I will finish it. I have so much yarn that I'm in a quandry of the next color sweater to make. The one that's almost done is white cardigan hoodie. I think I'm going to make a pink one next. Before Christmas, I cleaned out my closet and gave away tons of clothes. I need to get going on making some new stuff.

Well, have a great day. I will check in with you later.
Marie

srmb60
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I'll go start a new thread.

kjkas10
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Got GOOD NEWS last night. Military boy made contact. He is safe and sound in Kuwait. Has been a long 32 days. We are not set up to IM him.:D Thank you all for you thoughts, prayers and support :grouphug:

I am down 2 pounds this week. :carrot: I am very excited about loosing 3 weeks in a row.

Dee sound like a great victory dinner. How you going to top that when they win the superbowl? Great Job on the 2 pounds :cp: :cp:

Betty K or should it be Miss 30 mile walker :queen: . You still have 8 days this month. Your kicking some serious :censored:

SCL hope your hurt so good, is better

Susan B Thank you for running with the idea. Hope you can get it going.

Have a good evening all
Karla

srmb60
01-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Karla ... come on over to the new thread, it's a fresh start for the start of the week. A new more optimistic week (especially for you, now that you can relax about your son).

Dee2121
01-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey everyone...looks like we are moving somewhere...escpecially since the last post day was the 23rd...and today is the 25th...if we have moved, please send me the thread to do so!

I talked to kjkas10 on the phone last night - that was awesome! We seem to have alot in common. I can't wait to do it again! So happy that you talked to your son!!

Have a great Wednesday...remember it's closer to Friday than you think :)

scl
02-01-2006, 01:07 AM
so sorry . . . travel, etc. kept me from the group. Where is everyone??? let me know the link!

Rivergal60
02-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey Scl, it's still under support groups called pg.#2 40+ fit & fabulous.
Come on over and welcome back.
Rivergal