Support Groups - emerald dragonfly's group...........................

emerald dragonfly
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Hello ladies! :)

I have to appalogize for not posting for our group. I had to go back to the doctors again this morning. To make a long story short, she gave me an OTC med to buy, I had a very bad allergic reaction to it. I got HIVES all over my face, arms, even my scalp. I am sooo itchy!! LOL! But, I will survive! :D

Okay, did you all weigh in this morning? Well, there is 2 members who have their special day to weigh in but those who did weigh in, how did you do? I lost 2 pounds and can tell. I feel good except for this head cold. My pants feel good on me instead of tight when I sit down. I even noticed in my journal, I have cut back on alot of carbs, and sweets. Also alot more exercise and water. I am proud of myself and it 's all due to you all! :hug: I love it here!

Okay, I was thinking that every Sunday, each person gets to choose a new challenge. It's up to you. The new person would give us a challenge starting Monday and end Sunday. Would you like to do that? I personally think this would be great because that way, everyone gets to have their input on what they lack in. Like one may need to drink more water or one might need to exercise 10 minutes longer...It's all up to you gals. Let me know how you feel about this. I want this to be a group effert, not an individual effert. Any and all ideas are welcome. I want us to succeed in the one thing we want as a group......healthy lifestyle.

Okay, who's next? Don't feel bad if you haven't lost any weight. If you feel like you don't want to display your weight, don't. We not here to point fingers and "shame-shame" anyone. We all drifted before.

Let's see how much weight we can lose together. Who wants to keep tabs on the groups weight loss??? All you have to do is keep track of the total weight loss each week. Let me know!

Hugs!

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
12-31-2005, 12:54 AM
CONGRATS on your loss... I will be weighing Monday night... that's just easiest for me to track because of my TOPS meeting...

I am not great with coming up with ideas.... I will do my best, but not the creative one here... I DEFINITELY use the OTHER half of my brain...lol

How many do we have in our group... I may be up to keeping tabs (I did it for our Biggest Loser challenge at school)...lol Give me a list and we are on our way....

Let me know... and way to go girl.... Keep on losing!!!

emerald dragonfly
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
There are 9 of us but only 8 have confirmed to be in the group. It should be easy...just take the weight we lost and keep adding it up. Don't worry about the names of the members.

I am still sick. I can hardly keep my eyes opened right now...LOL.....I need to go to bed again. I have been up & down all day on my couch. I HATE HEAD COLDS!!!!!!! I have been taking Benedryl for the hives and it's making me sleepy. The box says "NON-DROWSY." Right.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. Have a happy new year! Please don't over indulge yourself with all the snacks. They are loaded with hidden carbs....Ritz, cheese (fatty), alcohol, remember: do not drink and drive!!!,

Take care and I'll see ya' all next year! :D

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
01-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Oh.... Benadryl = sleepy time for me... I had an episode (about 6 months worth) of hives and facial swellings.... They put me on Zyrtec, knocked me out, Allegra was good for me... but the swellings subsided so I have had to use them lately... With hte swellings, I was swollen 3 out of my 5 day honeymoon and even rushed to the ER with my tongue starting to swell... it was TERRIBLE...

I need to know these people so I can keep track of who weighs in and who doesn't... What is our overall goal?
Hope you feel better...

Softykins
01-01-2006, 04:16 PM
OK Gloria and Deanna! I'm here! YAY!
Let's get the party started! ;)

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

dgpebbles
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Gloria, Deanna & Kristy...I'm here and ready to start off the new year..I did weigh-in friday and was down 2 1/2 lbs for the week..

Gloria-Sorry to hear your still sick..Hope you kick that bug soon

Kristy- How are you feeling are you still sick too?

I have a suggestion to help keep up with our weight loss as a group...We can choose our last weigh-in day(example Fri 12.30-05) has our start weight and post our start and current weight on our signature...That would be a easy way to track total loss for year to date...But I'm not sure how you want to track it as a group(if your doing group weekly, monthly or ytd) just a thought.

Fig
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Hello and Happy New Year, everyone! I'm here and ready to go. I'll use this (Sunday) as my weigh in day. I'll post my weight next week. Sorry that this is so brief, but I'm dead tired and have to take my meds and get into bed. Talk to you later! Marion

emerald dragonfly
01-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, first off..I AM BETTER!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: I actually got out to do some shopping.
Okay, the weighing in thing as a group, we can do it monthly. Deanna, I'll email you the names. How about 20 pounds for this month..total? I have to tell you all that I have never been so motivated in my whole life! I work really hard; DDR is my thing. LOL! :dizzy: But more than that, I have "met" the most wonderful people here! :hug:

I don't know If I told any of you, but 2 weeks before Christmas, my grandpa passed away. It hurt me sooo much of his death, I started to eat anything and everything. Then, 4 days later, I was in the computer and I typed in something...can't remember, and it brought me here! I was so amazed of all the motivation that I could feel the warmth of the love and caring everyone had for each other. :) I knew I belonged here. I hope I have and will inspire/motivate you all and anyone who needs it. I am not perfect, but I am positive when If I happen to fall, you'll all pick me up! :D

dgpebbles- I am very proud of you!! Keep it up girl! :hug:

Deanna- I don't know if you got my email but I pulled your name out of my "hat" and you get to choose this weeks challenge! Congrats! Don't worry, pick something you might need to work on. Most likely, we all probably need to work on it also. ;) let us know by tomorrow night..well, try to, okay? If you can't think of anything, I have a list of "to do" things. LOL!

I hope everyone has a good year! My thoughts & prayers are with you all. :hug:

emerald dragonfly

ICANCHANGE
01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi, Everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Okay, all of my relatives are gone, the decorations have come down and most importantly ALL THE TREATS ARE OUT OF THE HOUSE.....YEAH!!!!

I am up a few pounds after the holidays. My family sugared me to death and I caved a bit too much but I am really excited to get started.

I like the idea of coming up with challenges too and look forward to getting to know LESS of all of you :D !

I am starting at 168.

Cat

Softykins
01-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Kristy- How are you feeling are you still sick too?

Yup, still sick! UGH! It's been 3 weeks almost. :dizzy:

Hey Cat & Marion! Welcome to the club! :)

So.... Deanna..... what's the challenge huh?
hehe you got picked first! ;)

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Alright.. I guess I am the "LUCKY" one for the first challenge. I am not the "creative" one of the group, but I am going to throw this one out here (because I NEED it...lol)

Our 1st challenge.... (No drumroll, PLEASE...lol)

To increase our water consumption. I have been having a tough time with consuming as much water as I need... (I am starting with baby steps here...)

Here's a couple questions that I have for future references... How many of you:
-work outside the home?
-have pedometers?
-exercise at home or in a gym?

Just a couple things that I was kicking around in my brain...

So, this week's challenge will be to increase our water intake. Drink up to 8 glasses, 64 ounces, a gallon... whatever it takes... Let me know how you are doing.... I know that the guys at the gym carry around gallons of water.... I know that it isn't fashionable in public but maybe at teh house have one on hand... saves from refilling all day and you have it all for yourself... (the kids won't be coming over grabbing your straw and slobbering in your water...lol)

My email is deanna7272@verizon.net. You can email me whenever you like... I am constantly checking it....lol

I am going to take a running tally of our weigh ins... Hopefully I can get some type of link to post it in a blog... or do we want to do it on here???? It's up to you ladies... whatever is easiest...

Thanks... have a great week... and GOOD LUCK!!!

(Sorry, it's not the most creative, but that's just me... I use the OTHER side of the NOODLE!!!)

Softykins
01-02-2006, 04:08 PM
WOOHOO! I got this one covered! I already drink
2 litres of water cause I love it - thank goodness - that helps!

Good challenge Deanna! It's an important one. :hug:

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I didn't know what else to do...lol

I am leaving here in about a 1/2 hour for my 1st weigh in... I am doing it with my TOPS group (this way I am always using 1 scale and not running back and forth to check it daily)

AND... Hubby took my 1st set of BEFORE pics today... Oh MY goodness... How did I let myself go??? I am amazed at what OTHER people see... I don't see ALL that!!!

Good luck this week... hey are we doing a weigh in on here? I like the 20 pound TOTAL for the month thing... I have 7 girls (other than myself) on my email list... I hope I am not forgetting anyone... send me your email if you want to be added...

Softykins
01-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey, outta curiosity, for those who use exercise machines
that tell you how many calories you are losing, what is
the amount of calories you lose each exercise session?
Mine seems low - I exercise on the treadmill for 30 mins
and I burn off 210 calories. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

ICANCHANGE
01-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, I need the water challenge so creative or not, it's a good one!

I am a stay at home mom right now and try to exercise at home but was not good about this during the holidays. I would prefer to go to the gym but it is hard to schedule with the kids so I do it at home.

Am I on your email list?

Cat

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
It is sad to say that I don't pay attention to that... I try to go by the time. What I used to do is... I would set a goal of say... 200 calories to burn in a session... IF I got to that... I would try to increase my cals burned.

A question... On your treadmill... Do you input you gender, age, weight, etc? There are a lot of variables that go into the calculation. I would just use it as a "guidleine" to go by... I wouldn't kill over the calorie count...

Hope that helped!!!

Hey... 2 pounds gone at TOPS... WOO HOO!!! On a roll (to lose rolls)..lol

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Well, I need the water challenge so creative or not, it's a good one!

I am a stay at home mom right now and try to exercise at home but was not good about this during the holidays. I would prefer to go to the gym but it is hard to schedule with the kids so I do it at home.

Am I on your email list?

Cat

Glad I could help on that challenge there...lol I thought it was terrible to have the first but, I think it went well...lol

I think you are.... cattyjun?

Fig
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Girls... It's good to hear from all of you and to meet you. I like the challenge--I'm big on drinking water, always have been. I take a bottle with me whenever I go anywhere. I live alone and have no children. I'm retired--I'm a good bit older than all of you (I'm 59). I do volunteer work at our zoo and will be starting class there to become a Docent. (that's an educator). Did I mention that I'm a vegetarian? You might think I'd have no problems with my weight, but even vegs can overeat and stuff the carbs! I need to lose 25 pounds. A few years ago I weighed 210. I got down to 120, but over the last year and 1/2 put on 20+ pounds. (comfort eating). It WILL go!!! I don't exercise very much, but will work on that. Marion:carrot:

emerald dragonfly
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
GOOD challenge Deanna! I have noticed I have been lacking in the "water department." LOL! I think it was due to me being sick. But I am almost 100% better so I will make sure I get that extra water in! :D

Deanna-The anwsers to your 3 questions are; NO, YES, YES!! :) I will get the members names out to you in an e-mail as soon as I get done eating dinner. You can be the "Official weight-tracker." :carrot:

Marion- I used to be a vegie eater and was still gaining weight so I do understand the "eating of the carbs" ritual. I always seemed to eat more carbs when I took meat out of the picture...It was like a replacement to fill me up. You can still lose the weight though...I did. Don't worry though, we'll help you out. :hug:

Cat- Yes you're on the email listing...did you not recieve an email??? Let me know. Then PM me your addy again.

Okay, I got to go eat. chat later!!

emerald dragonfly

dgpebbles
01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Good challenge for me too...I hate water and have been struggling..I've been drinking only 40oz daily...

I will be getting my exercise bike on thursday...I will let you know what mine says about calories burned...

I work standing up all day so i get alot of walking around...i exercise at home when I can motivate myself LOL...Hope the bike will help me..

ICANCHANGE
01-03-2006, 04:15 AM
I am a vegetarian as well and a carbaholic!

Emerald...I did get your email just wasn't sure that Deanne had it but she does. Not enough calories to the brain or something but I didn't make the connection between your list and hers....:D

Cat

dgpebbles
01-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Well i managed to get down 60oz of water yesterday...How did everyone else do? I hate water is there anything that you can add to it to make it taste better or is it ok to drink flavored water or crystal light in place of it?
Got to get ready for work...Talk to you all later.

WileyB
01-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey ya'll! If there is room for me here with ya'll, I would love to join you. You all sound like a great bunch of girls who are dedicated. That's what I need. I am going to try to join you in this water challenge thing. I really don't like water unless it is summertime, so I have trouble getting it all in during these cooler monthes. I need to lose a lot of this "baby fat" that has been hanging around for the last 10 years! Does anyone have a suggestion for helping the stomach area besides sit ups? I've had 3 c-sections, and that lump of fat just keeps wanting to hang around - literally! If I could remove that, I do believe I could go down 3 sizes in jeans automatically! Hope everyone has a wonderful, water filled week!:moo:

ICANCHANGE
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
DGPEBBLES - I put a little lime juice or pomegranate juice in my water. It gives it a little flavor with barely any calories. It helps me to get my water in. I also drink decaf green tea. My understand is this is a good option because green tea has lots of antioxidants, its hydrating because it is decaf and no calories.

WILEY.....Welcome but were you talking about my tummy... I wish you wouldn't talk about my tummy like that.....:D ! Just teasing...but when I read that it could have been me writing it. That c-section roll is very weird it really bugs me. I had two c-sections. All that and I don't know how to get rid of it. I have read that it may never really go away...sigh.

I have been a good water drinker the last two days but boy is it hard running around to lessons with the kids when you have to go to the bathroom constantly.

I don't think this has been asked really of this group but:

What diet plan are you all using if any?

So, how is everyone doing?

Cat

Softykins
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Hiya Cat! I'm not doing a diet plan but doing the
healthy thing - watching what I'm eating and exercising.
Every diet plan I've done hasn't worked for me in the end -
I figured that doing it my own way is the best bet for me.

Hello again, WileyB! So glad you are joining us. This is gonna
be fun and I'm sure all of us will become really good friends
because of Gloria's Group!

Hiya Gloria! How are ya doing?

dgpebbles, I'm so sorry you don't like water - that makes it
so very hard. Like I said, I'm so lucky I love water ~ now if
only I could love exercising... hmmmmmmm.... :)

ICANCHANGE - Carboholic is my middle name. I like bread a
wee bit too much! I swear I have yeast running through my
veins - that's why my body rises (with fat) when I eat bread! :dizzy:

Welcome fig! This is a great group already - good choice! :D
You do volunteer work at your zoo?? That is really awesome!
What kinda things do you do there?

dgpebbles
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
ICANCHANGE -Thanks for the water tips but I do have a question...Does drinking green tea count as your water intake for the day...I always thought it had to be straight water and that stuff like tea and crystal light etc didn't count as water intake...

Kristy - I'm with you on the exercising---I need someone to push me to get me going...I just can't get motivated right now but I know that once I get started I'll feel so much better..

welcome fig and wileyb

I think we all have the belly problem...but we are all going to get rid of that belly

ICANCHANGE
01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
My understanding is that decaf tea is equally hydrating as water and counts as water. If it weren't decaf it would be dehydrating.

Crystal Light does has artifical flavors and sweetners so it isn't as "pure" as drinking water. If you are doing it for weightloss it can be counted towards water but if you are doing it for health it cannot.

Think about it this way:

The point is to get 64-80 oz of water per day. If you drank all that water and put a sugar free lifesaver in your mouth afterward you wouldn't think you couldn't count the water right? So, if you mix something in with your water you are still drinking that much water, right?

The whole point is to keep you hydrated and full.

Soda is a different story. Plus, recent studies have found that drinking diet soda with meals actually allows people to eat more and is bad for dieters.

That's my two cents.

Cat

WileyB
01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Thank you all for welcoming me to the group. CAT - in reply to your question, I am trying to do the points thing with WW. It really helps me to read labels and see just how "good" or "bad" a food is. It takes me a while, but I make myself a "cookbook" of recipes and points. I only put things in it that I really like to eat, and this seems to work well for me. I had a really good one going, and lost it somehow, so now I've got to start another one.

I have a little to say about water. First, I have to have it cold, so I put bottles in the freezer to get a little ice in them. I learned at a group one time a formula for drinking water per your weight. When I did it in relation to my weight, I found out that I was supposed to be drinking 11 glasses of water a day instead of 8! Boy was that a surprise. If anyone knows what I am talking about - let me know. I can't remember how it goes, or the real benefits of doing so.

Softykins
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
I found this:

How Much Water do we Need to Drink?

A good rule of thumb is to take your body weight in pounds and divide that number in half. That gives you the number of ounces of water per day that you need to drink. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, you should drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. If you exercise you should drink another 8 ounce glass of water for every 20 minutes you are active. If you drink coffee or alcohol, you should drink at least an equal amount of water. When you are traveling on an airplane, it is good to drink 8 ounces of water for every hour you are on board the plane. If you live in an arid climate, you should add another 2 servings per day. As you can see, your daily need for water can add up to quite a lot.

from http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm

And here is a bit about water at CNN (online):
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/NU/00283.html

Softykins
01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Hmm... according to that quote above, I would have to
drink 145 oz's of water daily.... that seems like quite a lot. :?:

8 glasses of water is 64 oz's. 16 cups of water = 128 oz's

So that means, according to their rule, I am supposed to
be drinking 18 cups of water. That's 4 litres! Ahhh!
How am I going to drink that?!?!

:tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired:

WileyB
01-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks Kristy. Boy, I really need to drink water on a regular basis, especially after reading those articles on those web sites you showed us. I don't think that most people realize just how beneficial water can be to their overall health-me included! Thanks again for the help. You gave me a few more good reasons to get that water down! Hey! I thought you liked to drink water! He-He

Softykins
01-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I do like drinking water but OMG! I'm gonna be in the bathroom
24/7! LOL :p

You're most welcome!

Deanna7272
01-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Ladies... I hope everyone is doing well with the water... Kristy.... I am up there with ya girl... We should just go to the lake and insert a straw.... wow...

Been working out (okay, the past 2 days) and I am feeling great... Taking in MORE water which is a stretch for me because ALL I have been drinking is Diet Dew...lol 48 ounces yesterday and 48 today so far... looking to add 48 MORE tonight... WOO HOO... I feel like a WATER BUFFALO...lol

Okay... I need you guys to do me a favor... (This will just make things faster and eaiser for me...lol) I need you guys to all email me with this information...

Beginning weight (of our group's contest) like last week's weight
Current weight
Goal weight
Day that you weigh in

I am making a calendar on my computer so I can keep a running total. I will need you guys to email me your loss that way I can chart it. This will just save me from searching all the posts to find what you weighed in at...

Thank you SOOO much... Hope everyone is doing well.... I CRASHED last night, I mean, I hit the sack at 7:30 pm... I was out until this morning.... I must have needed it.

Take care...

Deanna7272
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey... by the way... The BIGGEST LOSER is on tonight... anybody watchin'??? I can't wait... I love the show...

Fig
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi! I love water and drink it all day--always have. It helps to drink if I feel like eatin--takes the edge off. A lot of the time when you think you're hungry, you're really thirsty. Check it out. I don't have an actual diet, I'm just limiting my intake and doing healthy eating. So what do you guys eat during the day? What kind of meal plans do you have? Marion

Deanna7272
01-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I am just trying to work out more and consume less... I am afraid to get into high restrictions because hubby isn't on board yet... I have been feeling good over the pst couple days... Hoping it continues....

By the way.... my email is deanna7272@verizon.net for everyone's info...

Thanks... Back to the Biggest Loser....

Deanna7272
01-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Okay... I feel like I am all alone here.... Where is everyone???

Anyone else watch and cry???

dgpebbles
01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
hey deanna i'm here I watched the biggest loser tonight..It always motivates me...If they can do it so can we...
I just got my stationary bike today and put it together..after the show was over I hopped on and did 20 mins and 4.10 miles...
I managed to get down 60oz of water again today yeah me

Kristy - Thanks for the articles

Deanna7272
01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
GREAT JOB!!!! Keep it up!!! I thought you weren't getting the bike until Thursday??? Way to go on the early arrival huh???

dgpebbles
01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah...they called today and said it was in..I was so excited so I left work early to go get it...By the time we got home and put it together the biggest loser was on and i got into watching it first..I'm so excited I can't wait for tomorrow so I can ride another 4 miles
Have a great night and keep up the great work yourself

ooelsworth
01-05-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey guys I didn't work out today :( but I did really well on eating. So that's something. I haven't received any emails from the group, I didn't even know about what was chosen until today. Can you email the questions to me? Just pm me and I'll give it to you. Thanks!

WileyB
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
dgpebbles - this one's for you :cheer: Good job at giving that bike a workout too! I wished I liked it more, but I would rather be going somewhere if I'm doing all that peddling.

Deanna - wish I could watch it, I saw a few episodes and liked it a lot. There is so much "trash" on tv now, that we decided to do without for the sake of our two young boys.

Somebody wish me luck today. I've started the day off with two cups of coffee and four cookies - what a great breakfast! Our baby girl kept me up half the night, and I barely had the energy to make the coffee! Hope you all have a wonderful day! :cookie: :coffee:

Softykins
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Well, I'm already frustrated.
Your weight can change within 4 days, right?
I have been careful with my food intake and I have been
exercising since Monday. No weight change. I guess I'm
frustrated already because this is what it was doing before.

I don't know what's wrong with my body. *sigh* :?:

WileyB
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey Kristy-Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so, you may be building your muscles, and losing some water/fat in its place, so they would be canceling theirselves out- wouldn't they? For me, it always takes time to lose even the littlest amount. I wish it would fall off as quick as I seemed to have put it on!! Don't get discouraged, you've already done a great job of losing some weight, don't let this get you down. Instead, keep pushing toward your goal because YOU CAN DO IT!!! These are for you for the great job you've done! :cheer: :carrot: :cheer: :carrot: :cheer:

Deanna7272
01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
She's excatly right... muscle weighs more than fast but you have to realize.... You were sick for a while... it is going to take a bit for your metabolism to get a jumpstart.... don't get discouraged Sweetie, you'll be melting away in no time... MUAH!!!

Softykins
01-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Awe thanks ladies.
You sure know how to make a girl feel special! :hug:
I guess I will have to wait and see.
I really don't know if I'm doing enough exercise a day, though.
What do you think?

I hop on my treadmill for 30 mins at a speed of 2.6
Do you think that's enough?? The treadmill says I
have lost about 200 calories. I have nooooooooo clue! :dizzy:

Deanna7272
01-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Well Kristy... if you have been burning 200 calories a day for 4 days you will have only burned 800 EXTRA calories... You need to burn 3500 to lose 1 pound of body fat. That may be why you haven't lost yet...

I am going to piggy back this message...lol WileyB, I need your email addy to add you to the group (in my groups thing I am doing).

Let's see, I have Me, Kristy, Gloria, Elle, WileyB, Ellie, dgpebbles, Marion, Catherine, yankee2cowgirl, ouellette998... I apologize, I am going off the top of my head... who else??? PLEASE, if I have not emailed you SOMETHING by now EMAIL ME... I need to add you to my list.

I am trying to put together a calendar for all of us to view in Yahoo.... I will let you know my progress...

Softykins
01-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Well I was doing 5 days per week.
So that is 1000 calories. I guess that's not enough.
I don't really know how I could do more?
I have to burn 3500 in one week? OMG! :stress:

ICANCHANGE
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi!

I keep getting "server is busy errors" when I try to get on 3fatchicks. Is anyone else having this problem.

How is the bike riding going? I have been thinking about purchasing some exercise equipment but hesistate to do so and then not use it. I like elliptical machines alot but they are all very expensive it seems.

Kristy, Don't get frustrated! Remember, a half hour of exercise is a great start. Maybe add a couple of minutes a week and remind me to do the same:D . Also...

When they say you need to burn 3,500 calories that doesn't all need to be through exercise. Remember, that your body naturally burns calories just living. Everybody is different. I will try to find a calculator that approximates this but it is something like 1600 calories per day for the average woman. So, just being you you burn 1600 calories plus the 200 from exercise equaling 1800 per day. If you eat 1500 calories each day you have a deficit of 300 calories per day. That's not exact but gives you an idea.

Cat

Deanna7272
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=
When they say you need to burn 3,500 calories that doesn't all need to be through exercise. Remember, that your body naturally burns calories just living. Everybody is different. I will try to find a calculator that approximates this but it is something like 1600 calories per day for the average woman. So, just being you you burn 1600 calories plus the 200 from exercise equaling 1800 per day. If you eat 1500 calories each day you have a deficit of 300 calories per day. That's not exact but gives you an idea.

Cat[/QUOTE]
You are right Cat... and I didn't realize that I said nothing about your diet Kristy. Just by cutting out a few more calories, you can add to that deficit. I always use the example of a 200 calorie soft drink... if they cut out 2 a day that it 2800 calories... that seems easier for them to relate. By adding a little more and tweaking your diet, they will be coming off in no time. I think more than anything that it has to do with you being sick for so long... Like Cat said... that 1/2 hour is a great start for anyone...

Keep on keeping on....

Deanna7272
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
why can't I ever get that quote thing right??? lol

Softykins
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Good info, gals! :hug:

Well, I calculated my calories today and I don't know if
it's a good amount or not. 1435 cals.... what do ya think?
Should I lessen it?

Deanna7272
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I was told by a fellow health teacher... he is like a plethora of information that I could stay at 1800 calories and learn my portion control...like should I eat 3 bites for 100 calories or should I eat 20 bites for 100 calories... You learn what works for you. I am terrible at counting calories... I know fitday would do it, but I can't seem to get everything in the coputer in a day....

I am sitting here with a pounding headache. I have had a pretty rough day today (a lot of stress) and I just took a vicodin to see if I can relax enough for the headache to go away. Getting back on the treadmill tonight didn't help matters... I had a bag of popcorn after dinner (3 hours after) and I thought I had better do something before bed...

Hope everyone is doing well... other than the stress, I think things are going well... It's THAT time and I know that I am holding some water, but with the increased water consumption, things feel pretty good!!

Glo, are you weighing in tomorrow???? Oh, Glo... where are you???

ICANCHANGE
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
I am terrible at counting anything either. It just drives me crazy. With two little ones I am lucky to sit down and eat half the time.

Like many of you I have not been following a specific "diet" either but have just been trying to cut back and eat less sugar and was doing okay with that. However, over the holidays I gained half of what I had lost back so I am going to try Nutrisystem for a month just to get a bit of a jumpstart and then ween my way off. It is all just prepackaged food so I don't have any decision making to do. I will let you know how it goes.

Cat

Softykins
01-06-2006, 02:46 AM
I HATE counting calories. It drives me nutty!
Well... Maybe I will shoot for 1500 cals?

Good luck with Nutrisystem, Cat.
My parents did that one many years ago and
had great success with it! :D

I hope you are feeling better when you read this, Dee!
I suffer from Migraines - my eyes are very sensitive to light.
It can be a real pain in the tush!

WileyB
01-06-2006, 09:16 AM
OK - I flat out refuse to count calories. I have enough things to worry over than to spend my time trying to do that too. I figure that if you truly eat sensibly, put that plate up so that you don't get second helpings, and eat til you feel satisfied, not FULL, that anyone can lose weight, and will stay within their own calorie range. I'm great at saying this, but not so good at doing it myself. I don't even know exactly how many calories I should be consuming every day, but since I'm not using that to lose weight by, I won't worry about it. Those of you who are counting, good for you!! Maybe it will work great for ya'll, I hope it does - then I will try it too, well, maybe. I hate counting them as well, Kristy.

Deanna, sorry to hear about your headache, hope it went away, and never comes back! I have only had a few migranes, but that was enough to last me a lifetime.

Cat-good luck starting out with the NutriSys. thing, maybe it will be just what you need to get you back on track. I like the idea that the meals are already packaged for you.

:carrot: HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY:carrot:

emerald dragonfly
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi all!
Just got my computer back from the shop...Man, I was sooo bored! But, I did not eat from boredom. YEAH! :carrot:
I fell really bad not sending Deanna everyone's e-mail..Deanna...... I WILL send them asap!
I hope everyone is doing well with their water challenge. I have to say, I haven't peed this much since I was pregnant 15 years ago! :D The first day, I was like " OMG, I am never going to be able to drink more water." Then, the next day...BAM!...I was peeing all day long. (I even had to wear a panty liner just in case I couldn't make it while I was in town. LOL!!) Yep, I swear I could have lived in their for the day. LOL! I have been drinking 2 1/2 liters a day since the second day of the challenge. I have noticed a difference already with my skin and fingernails. They look very nice and hydrated.

Okay, did everyone who was suppose to weigh in, weigh themselves today? I did with my brand new scale!! It's one of those scales where they're acurate. I got on this morning and lost 3 pounds even! I was so proud of myself because I have been working very hard with exercising...I didn't get to exercise for 2 days due to falling on my right knee. I decided not to exercise for 2 days to help my knee get better. So, how did everyone else do??? I know you all did well! :hug: I have confidence in you.

I wanted to let you know that if you left your e-mail address on this message board, you should take it off. it is for you protection due to someone wanting to spam you. So go back and make sure you didn't leave it and if you need someone's e-mail, PM them.

Okay...now I want everyone to have a progressive weekend...exercise, drink water and move, move, MOVE!!!! ;)

Love ya' all!

emerald dragonfly

P.S. If I am not on during next week, It's because I am helping someone move. It'll take about 2-3 days...so I'll be off & on.

P.S.S. There's a weigh in forum that I go to every Friday somewhere on this board. You gals can go there and add your weight lose there also. Amazing to see results of everyone!!

candoitby06
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Ok....I am COMPLETELY confused!!!!!!!!! LOL, I wondered where in the heck everyone had disappeared to....So I was checking my email just now and decided to read that email again about picking a person out of the jar....so I thought I would get more info at the post on the Misc. forum.....and LOW AND BEHOLD!!!! I found you all! I was starting to get a little weight loss lonely! :(

Ok, now I need to catch up on like 100 posts so that I can get back into the loop here! Oye. Well, glad I found you all anyhow....COUNT ME IN!

Later Ladies

candoitby06
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, you guys are doing so great! Makes a Momma proud!!!! Keep up the great work....20 pounds a month?! NO PROB! I bet we will exceed that by flying colors!!! Oh, I'm so excited now that I found you all!

Toodles

Softykins
01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Morgan! I didn't even notice you weren't here because
I have been switching back and forth with this thread
and the one we started in the buddy area.
I'm so sorry! If I had noticed, I would have told you to
come on over! Sorry hun!! :hug:

dgpebbles
01-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I weighed in today and I'm still at the same thing....I think I haven't been eating enough calories so i'm going to up it alittle this week and see what happens..Along with giving that bike some more attention

Morgan - I never caught on that you were missing either..I'm sorry...All of these threads do get confussing but WELCOME BACK

Gloria - congrats on your 3lbs

Fig
01-06-2006, 08:38 PM
So, here I am, tucked into bed. My favorite time of day! I just had my snack--a small apple and 1 teaspoon of peanutbutter. Dinner was a plain omelette (2 eggs), whole wheat toast. Lunch a sliced tomato, 1 oz. hard cheese. Water all day. I had a dentist appointment this morning--just a checkup. Walked today for exercise. It's cold and snowing here. So, what are your weekend plans? Marion

dgpebbles
01-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay i just did 30 mins on bike for 7.29 mile and burned 160 calories...I've got to get that scale to move..lol

Deanna7272
01-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey all... Thanks for the well wishes on that headache... I can't remember if I mentioned anything... I get migraines and they ARE terrible... This was just a tension headache...

Congrats on those losses girls, and don't worry, the pounds will be melting away in no time... I am excited to weigh in on Monday... If I don't have a loss I am going to be upset, I have really tried this week..lol

Morgan... I knew you were missing and I KNEW I had your email, I just didn't know who's it was...lol It is difficult to remember who is who with their screen name, profile name, and email addy..lol

I am trying to get everything situated with the calendar and all... If you don't want to use it, no biggie, I just put it together to keep record... it is there for you to view if you want.... I am compiling a weekly running total also.... I should have everything updated by morning....

Deanna7272
01-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay i just did 30 mins on bike for 7.29 mile and burned 160 calories...I've got to get that scale to move..lol

:carrot: YOU GO GIRL!!!!!:carrot:

emerald dragonfly
01-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Sorry you got lost....:( I did that the first week I was here. I couldn't remember which forum to go to to get to everyone. :o

Okay ladies..I am going to get ready for bed. Have a good night! I'll try to come chat tomorrow.............

emerald dragonfly

ICANCHANGE
01-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Awesome job, Gloria!!!:carrot: I weigh in tomorrow morning.

Welcome, Morgan, sorry you were lonely!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cat

Softykins
01-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey you guys - I found a really awesome article online!!!
"Want To Lose Weight? Exercise!"
Prepared by Michael H. Bradshaw, Extension Specialist, Health and Safety

It includes these following subjects:

Why Not 'Just Diet'?
Should you lose weight?
Why Exercise?
The 'Hibernation' Response
Exercise--Get Moving
Motivation
The Best Way to Lose Weight
Home Equipment
Cutting Excess Calories - What's Best for YOU?
Putting More Exercise in Everyday Life
Exercise Q & A:

What is the best type of exercise for losing weight?
How often does a person need to exercise to lose weight?
How hard does a person have to work when working out?
How long must a person exercise?
Are there some people who should not exercise?
Why should I exercise?
When should I exercise?
What is a maximum heart rate?
How do I monitor my heart rate while exercising?

Walking for Physical Fitness
Guidelines - Hints to Developing a Walking Program

Take some time to read this one, it's really informative!
http://www.healthgoods.com/Education/Fitness_Information/General_Fitness_Information/want_to_lose_weight.htm

;)

candoitby06
01-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I wish that working out wasnt such a chore for me!!! I feel like I have to force myself to do it. I know I feel great once its done, but putting on my sneakers is something I dread!!!

I finished my workout and now feel wonderful....any idea when I will start to WANT to workout?! Could it be the fact that I feel like cheating on Billy Blanks with an easier DVD? Does anyone find a certain workout more enjoyable than another? Maybe I need to switch it up?? HELP ME!

Great job girls....I'm so glad to be back on board with such a great group of ladies, you certainly make this whole dieting thing that much easier!!

Hubby wanted Friendlys last night....and I was pumped to try out my first gardenburger and they were all out?! Eh. I splurged and got a crispy chicken salad. Guess that was my cheat for the week.

I dont remember if talk about trying new things was this thread or another thread (its hard to keep it all straight)....but I have been chowing on veggies lately which is completely out of the ordinary for me. I have been sauteeing broccoli, carrots, mushrooms (which I typically gag over) and red peppers and either putting them in a whole wheat tortilla or egg whites and making omelettes.....YUMMMO! Who would have thought that I would be eating veggie wraps and omelettes?! Its amazing how changing your diet broadens your horizons!!!

OH OH OH....another small step for mankind in my household....my hubby is starting to come to the other side and eat healthy with me. He's seeing my results and I think its motivating him to drop some much needed pounds. This makes eating better for me easier in the long run....Heres to not eating carrots while hes eating nachos!!! Whoot Whoot!

Ciao my soon to be skinny sisters!

Deanna7272
01-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Hubby and I were talking last night and he would like to start walking with me... YEA... Hopefully this will make it easier on me also... BUT, this morning (you gotta LOVE him) he made breakfast.... French toast... YUMMY... BUT he made a HEAPING pile of it.... He was like, "You are eating MORE than that AREN'T you??" That's not helping...lol He is WONDERFUL....

I am hoping to hit the treadmill sonce I took yesterday off... Mom is getting a new puppy and wants us to ride up with her to pick her out... I know that it's going to take up most of the day, but I would like to spend time with mom....

Have a great gay girls... back to taking down the tree...

AND, Kristy.... GREAT info... I only got half waty through it before breakfast... but I am going to use that Monday in my Health class.... THANKS again!!!

WileyB
01-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Deanna, I promise I haven't been avoiding you about the weigh in, but I don't have a scale - and that's probably a good thing, but I am going to try and go to our local health clinic on Monday and see if they will let me come in on Mondays and weigh myself. Otherwise, I am not sure what to do until I can get a new scale. The old one was a little off now and then,-no really-you better not be laughing-:D and I couldn't make out the numbers - it wasn't digital. I don't go to a town much where there is a big store, so I just haven't had the opportunity to get another one yet. I will as soon as I can though, or will work something out.

Hello Morgan! Glad you are on board! :welcome2:

Good luck to you all this weekend! :goodluck:

Deanna7272
01-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Well Kiddo... do what you can do... if you can only biweekly weigh in, we can handle that... Hey... I don't know where you are but, a thrift store ALWAYS has scales...lol I am a huge thrift shopper, there seem to always be a scale sitting there... That might be a thought to tide you over....

We just watched Kicking and Screaming... too funny... "Juice Box Boy"... Meat Come First...lol I am about to jump on the treadmill for about 30 minutes... Hubby is napping and I can run without bothering anyone... Who am I kidding... I can walk...lol

ICANCHANGE
01-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 pounds this week.

I am glad to hear some hubbies are on board with you ladies. That makes it quite a bit easier doesn't it. My hubby says he is going to get on board too but he usually has a hard time sticking to it.

Morgan, how are you cooking your veggies? I seem to love veggies in restaurants but when I cook them at home I have to force myself to eat them. Okay, I am not the best cook but a great baker....and you were wondering why I was overweight....LOL.:D

Kristy, that looks like a great article. Thanks. I am going to try to read it tonight after the kids get to bed.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Cat

emerald dragonfly
01-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Kristy- I love the article "Hybernation Mode." very good! Thank you for sharing that with us! :)

wileyB- Don't panic......go to your local hospital, doctors office or health department and tell them you would like to use their scales. It's FREE in my town.

Morgan- you're not cheating on your diet as long as you don't eat the crispy chicken salad everyday, everyday, everyday. You can also switch dvd's if you can't keep up with Billy. I know how quick he can get.:dizzy: I like "walk away the pounds" dvd myself...very easy but you get results. You're lucky your hubby wants to get involved...mine doesn't need to lose weight so he feels he doesn't need to eat healthier or even work out with me..What an a**!

Deanna- don't you hate when everyone thinks you need to eat more when they can see you're trying to lose weight?! LOL! CRAZY world we live in. I LOVE french toast but haven't touched it since I found out I have a very slight allergies with eggs..I throw up when I eat them and end up with a reddish/purpilish rash on my cheeks. BUMMER!!!

Cat- Great loss! ;) I know about the veggie thing. I can NEVER cook them like the resturaunts can. I like to eat them raw most of the time. I love baby carrots and raw broccoli the most!

Well ladies, I am off to cook dinner...my kids are "STARVING TO DEATH!" LOL! ;) I'll catch ya all tomorrow!

emerald dragonfly

Fig
01-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Saturday Night! It's sure been a long week, and not such an easy one. I've been stocking my kitchen with the foods I should and WILL be eating---lots of fruits and vegetables, tomato soup, grains, soy milk, tofu---I eat delicious meals (small ones) that are healthy and low calorie. My exercise is limited. I walk--I aim for every day but don't often make it--arthritis. I do stretches and sit ups and thr like. Dance to the radio.......My weight is now 140. My goal is 120. Marion (I was 215 in 2000)

Deanna7272
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Great job on your past loss, Marion... How long did it take you to lose all that? What a great motivation though.. Sorry to hear about your limited exercise capablities... DO you have a local Y or health club with a pool.... water exercise is great for arthritic persons... I am trying to talk mom into going but she has so many OTHER health problems...

I believe I have everyone's starting weights etc... hopefully I can do this calendar.... It's a good idea... just that I am a procrastinator, I will get everything updated eventually..lol I tried getting everything that I had so far in... gotta double check...lol

Take care... talk soon... lose, lose, lose girlies

ICANCHANGE
01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Marion, Wow what a fantastic achievement!!! You should be very proud of yourself. You have really come along way.:hug: Yeah for you!

Cat

candoitby06
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Hola ladies!

Deanna....I heard kicking and screaming was cute...hubby and I are thinking about renting it but everytime we go we just cant rent another Will Farrell movie....Elf and Anchorman have completely made us think hes a ******. lol. As far as the weights go....thanks for doing that, I am sure we will see our great results in a unique fashion thanks to you!! Dont worry about procrastinating, we all know how busy life gets! We'll let you get away with it just this time ;) but if it happens twice, your fired :). hehe.

icanchange....I know what you mean about resturant veggies...mmmm something they do just makes them to die for. Never had good results with butternut squash but everything else tastes so much better then homemade ones. I just use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and put my veggies in (cut up pretty small) and then I sautee them with the cover on....I typically use a little bit of soy sauce for some taste and oh my gosh they taste so good! Last night I made chicken burgers....wow, so good! I put carrots, peppers, onion and mushrooms in the food processor and then put that into ground chicken and cooked them like hamburgers.....holy moly were they good. Hubby even liked em and hes a hamburger man! I am starting to get creative with my food and am impressed with the results.

emerald dragonfly.....I think I definately need to switch things up because when he "takes it up a notch" I find myself still doing the amended version of the move. I am seeing results and noticing that my thighs dont do that wonderful rubbing thing as much, but I really do want to enjoy becoming a thinner me....and Billy, quite frankly, makes me loathe it! lol. That sucks that hubby isnt interested in dieting with you....I shouldnt say dieting, I should say changing your lifestyle....its hard when your the only one in the house changing....its not fun eating fruits and veggies while others are eating cookies and other yummy foods. Keep up the work!!

Marion....wow, you've come a long way....I am sure those last 20 will be a success!! Congrats!! Keep it up! We are here whenever you need it!!

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello ladies...Well I can tell that the exercising is start to help...I'm getting more energy....this morining I woke up at 7 and got up and started cleaning, doing wash, took down xmas tree and decorations....Nornally it takes me awhile to get going but not today....also I've been sleeping better....I got in another 30 mins and 7.39 miles on bike yesterday..I love it..I've also been getting my water down...I've found a package of flavoring to add to water with no sugar or calories and thats helping me drink more..

marion - with the subject of new food on here...I saw that you eat tofu...I've been dying to try cooking and eating it but I have no idea how...Would you mind maybe telling how you use/cook it....I heard that it taste like whatever you cook it with..

Kristy - Thanks for the article..I've read a whole lot from that site and found it to be helpful

Morgan - working out does feel like a chore but we all know that we need it and that it makes us feel good afterwards....I like trying new food too...we are always making new things to eat...Last night we stir fried onions, green& red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a little water and teriyaki sause and then mixed in some wheat noodles..It was great and very filling..I'm glad your hubby's coming on board with you to eat healthy...It makes it alot easier...my 18 yr old daughter keeps saying she with me but then she eats junk food in front of me....

well it's time to go move it, move it...Got to move it, move it

emerald dragonfly
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Good morn...er..afternoon for all you East coasters. It's noon time here on the West coast but it feels like 4pm to me!!! Very L O N G day so far..I want to get it over with. LOL!

Marion, you're doing soooo well!!! Keep it up and in no time, you'll be at your goal weight! ;)

Morgan, my husband could care less what I do with my body. He's like one of those men who only care about one thing...HIMSELF! :devil: But don't you worry, my kids have helped me along the way. They have even cut back on chips and sweets since last week! I am so proud of them. There not over weight, but knowing the older they get, they will eventually put it on.

I don't have a problem with much of any type of snacks lately. What I mean is, if I see a box of Hostess, I can walk away from it. I am such a chocolate freak and I haven't had any in almost a month!!! :( :carrot: I don't crave it but if I smell it, I can taste it...funny, huh?

Well, my son needs to use the computer for his homework. I will try to get back on later.

Chow!!

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I am not a chocolate person either.. but if it's in the house, I want some.... Hubby went yesterday and bought a box of doughnuts... I mentioned that he bought them for his Sunday school class because he likes them... he laughed and said "the class doughnuts are in the car...." He bought 2 boxes... he is SUCH a baked goods junkie....

I am sitting here trying to do a lecture on bulimia... last week it was anorexia... I LOVE THIS CHAPTER...lol

Deanna7272
01-08-2006, 05:01 PM
what happened to my signature???

Deanna7272
01-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Whew... there it is...lol

Softykins
01-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I think it only shows you signature once per page now. :dizzy:

Deanna7272
01-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Ohhh.... hmmmmm... didn't know that... when did that happen???

Hope all are having a great Sunday... off to make dinner... marinated venison and ______ I don't know what side dish...lol

susie_sunshine
01-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Can I join your group?

Fig
01-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi Ladies! Guess who's name came out of the jar? Yours truly. And have I got a challenge for you! I call it "Strive For Five"......each day, you are to eat 5 different fruits and vegetables. That's 5 of EACH---5 fruits, 5 veggies. Got it? It's easy, yummy and fun. You'll see. About my loss--it took me a little over a year. I ate very little, and ate several times a day---little meals. I drank lots of water and walked a lot. It felt amazing to shed all those pounds! I threw out all my "fat clothes" so I have to behave myself now! OK--let's all have a great week. Marion

:carrot:

emerald dragonfly
01-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Marion...VERY GOOD!!! :carrot: I noticed in my food journal, I have been lacking in that area. Soooo glad you brought it up! ;) I love fruits & veggies. I will go to the store tomorrow and go buy some extra F&V to have around.

Susie_sunshine, I see no problem in joining our group. PM me your email I can send you a "Sunday email" each week. You're going to have fun and work hard at the same time. BTW, we do get a bit silly now & then....:dizzy: :dizzy: I hope you're ready for that! LOL!!!

Okay...I got to go take a shower & go to bed.
Take care all! :hug:

emerald dragonfly

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
well I made it another day....I did 32 mins and 8.10 miles on bike...I also got in 67oz of water....I bought a new scale today that seems really cool..It measure body fat%, total body water% and weight...Hope it really works...It will be interesting to also see body fat decrease...

Marion - good pick...I think we all could use more fruit and veggies....so now we have 2 goals cause don't forget to keep up that water intake...

Susie - welcome aboard

ICANCHANGE
01-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Great challenge, Marion! I need it! I just got my water habit in check and now on to my fruits and veggies!

I would like to hear how your new scale works. It would be nice to see when you have ust put on water weight.

Welcome to the group, Susie!

Cat

Softykins
01-09-2006, 02:23 AM
WOW! I am lacking too!! I think I can eat 5 veggies but
5 fruits may be a problem because I don't have much
of fruit in my fridge!! lol

anske
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Hello,

I am glad to be a part of this group. Strive for 5 huh that doesn't sound bad at all. I am sorry I miissed last weeks challenge. I need to work on the water thing. Thanks for letting me a part of the group. Let me tell you a bit about my self. I am 28 years old am mother of 2. 7 and 4 keep me busy. I will be married 7 years this Jan. 22. I used to weight 260 pounds. When I was preg. with my frist child I had a knee injury. Was on crutches for most of term. Then just kept the weight on. I went to the L.A weight Loss to see the prices and that is where it hit me. I am almost 300 pounds. I got to the point to where I couldn't stand my self. And decided to change. I bought a Toney Little Gazelle and started there. Lost 90 pounds in a year. I am now at a stand still and have been for some time now. I gained some holiday pounds to. YUCK :( But I just did Buy the Cardio Cruiser so I am all excited to get going again. Thanks again for letting me be a part og this group. Anske

Softykins
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Welcome Anske! :D

So far today I'm doing well! I have eaten
2 veggies (mushroom and green onion) in my omelet
and I had some salsa with it (tomato is a fruit!) so
that's 1 fruit. I also had apple with my breakfast!
All together 2 veggies and 2 fruits! YAY!
:carrot:

WileyB
01-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I do believe that I'm going to throw that bowl of Christmas chocolates over the back fence and into the pasture! Cows can eat chocolate can't they? What is it about chocolate? I haven't eaten that much, but those little kisses seem to call me over when I get too close to them! Arggh! Well, on the positive side, my water intake has been great, and I need to go to the grocery store too for some fruits & veggies, but I did manage to get in a few by cooking a vegetable soup for lunch.

Hope everyone is off to a great week of losing.

A big Texas howdy to you newbies who are joining us! :welcome3:

Deanna7272
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Ohhhhh woe is me.... I am so bummed.... I only lost 3/4 of a pound this week. I am confused... started working out everyday, increased water, and was feeling good and then I flopped in the pounds department....

Also... rough day today.. hubby bought me a new thermos for Christmas and I decided that this morning I was taking green tea so I could sip on it throughout the morning... Well, I didn't know how to work the darn thing and I try to "sip" it... It ended up coming out of the bottom of the cap (I didn't know that this was the premise of the thermos... to keep things warm so you can drink it out of a separate cup!!!) Anyway... the HOT tea ran down the sides of my mouth SCALDING my lips and chin.... NO JOKE... I have BLISTERS on the sides of my lips and 2 huge red streaks (blister lines) down the sides of my chin.... I was on fire for about 3 hours this morning... I can't wait to see what they look like in the morning... Excuse my Freanch Ladies... but I am such a dumbass....lol

dinner was crappy tonight... cheese sandwich... yum....lol

OHHHHH and I think they want me to run for President of our TOPS Chapter... the elections are in March... I may run....lol I told them tonight that I joined back with them for motivation and I had to go online and find a group because they weren't motivating me... I told them how great our group is!!!

Talk soon!!

emerald dragonfly
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Deanna, it's probably all that water you drank last week. Did you exercise a bit longer/harder? Water retains in your body so you HAVE to sweat it out or...yep, pee it out. LOL! True. Don't beat up on yourself. :hug: We are all going to have our "ups & downs" every so often. That's life. Hold your head high and remind yourself you are going to do better in the next weigh in! Oh, I would run for President..hhuummmm..President Deanna...sounds good to me! :carrot: Maybe you can show them a thing or two about motivation! :carrot:

Susie_Sunshine, welcome again. I hope we aren't scaring you off! LOL!! COME BACK!! and get motivated!!!

WileyB, No, cows don't eat chocolate..LOL..... :?: ...Or do they???MMMUUUHhhhhh!!! I have one thing to say to you: STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!! :p You don't need it! I used to have this awful weakness for chocloate...I now haven't had any for almost 4 weeks...and it shows! ;)

Kristy, Mushrooms are veggies but they contain alot of water ( and fiber) so your getting more of a water intake than veggie....sorry, didn't mean to burst your bubble... But you can still eat them and mark them down as a veggie because I ate mushrooms with my lunch today...chef salad. LOL! Fruits are hard for me also. My kids & their friends eat me out of my house sometimes...fruit is what usually goes first. Keep up the great work! ;)

Anske, I am so glad you came by tonight! Jump right in and chat away!:D We don't have a fitness place except for Curves. I won't go there because some of the women refuse to get off the machines every 30 seconds...they want to stay on for 60. We do have a YMCA but that's $290.00 a month for 1 person...forget that!!!!!

Donna, I saw a scale like that at my department store but couldn't afford it at that time. I hear they're VERY nice and acurate too! Let us know how it works out for you! Good job on the bike ride and drinking that water!!!

Okay ladies, I need to go... :( My "Auntie flow" should be showing up this weekend and I can sure feel her coming...backache, slight headache..you know the routine!

Take care!

emerald dragonfly

P.S. I don't have to help my friend move!!! He rented this huge U-Hauk truck and got everything into it...well, 2 trips. I was dreading to help him..it's storming here and didn't want to be out in it. :smug:

dgpebbles
01-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Well i managed to get in my 5...I had a 1/2 orange, apple, 1/2 c grapes, green peas(lunch & dinner) salad with 1/2 carrot shredded and veg soup...wow am i full...Also I did 40 mis on bike today

Deanna --I know how you feel..I lost 8lbs on week one and now only 2lbs in week 2&3..hoping week 4 goes better...your story of your coffee reminds me of last year when I took a boiled egg to work...I heated it up in the microwave for like 10 seconds..it still felt cool on the outside but when I bit into it it was hat as h*** and it exploded in my face...I also had blisters on my lips....Looked like i had been in a fight and had a big lip ..lol

i also think you should run for president if you are having any thoughts about it...You have been doing a great job on here motivating all of us...It will make you feel good to do it with a bunch of girls you could actually see..

Gloria - I bought my scale at Target for only $40...I have not used it yet.

ICANCHANGE
01-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, I was very good today. I ate my fruits and veggies and lots of water. I will probably be up all night peeing but it's well worth it, right?

President Elect Deanna, sorry about your tea burns!!! Ouch!!! HMMMM... Blisters in your mouth....that's one way to keep yourself from eating! :hug:

Cat

Deanna7272
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh.. It's funny now... I was hurting yesterday... it looks like a kid that is dressed up like a vampire... withthe blood running down his chin.... It's not that BLOOD red, but it is definitrely red and blistered... I couldn't imagine the egg thing... the tea just ran off my chin. the egg would stick... OUCH...

I am just bummed because I upped the water and exercised all but 1 day... AND I SWEAT.... I even hit the treadmill 2x somedays... that's what's frustrating... Oh well, another week another pound...

Thank you all for the presidential hopes... my only dilemma withthat is I coach Track in the Spring and Volleyball in the Fall... so my evenings are sometimes loaded... track will be fine, it's volleyball I worry about...lol Who knows...lol

And YES cows eat chocolate.... YOU CAN BUY CHOCOLATE MILK, DUH!!! LMAO... Silly Girls...lol

WileyB
01-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey Deanna, I think what is most important is that you LOST 3/4 of a pound. You didn't gain it, and you didn't stay at the same weight, so I believe that is still a great accomplishment, even though it isn't as much as you wished it would be. Every little bit adds up over time. So sorry to hear about that burn, if you have an aloe vera plant, it works great on burns, especially right after it happens- but it should help even now. Only topical, I would'nt put it in my mouth!

I can't get over this water thing I've got going on. :?: I am guessing it has to do with me still nursing our baby girl, but I am drinking "tons" of water, but don't know where it is going. :bb: I am guessing to milk production, because I certainly am not in the bathroom like you would think, or maybe I was really dehydrated or something? That sounds impossible also! Oh well, I guess the important thing is that I am drinking lots of water each day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! :flow1:

anske
01-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I am still working on my fruit. I bought the Biggest loser work out today. It is awsome. I love it. Thought I would share that. :) Anske

Softykins
01-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Well I didn't lose a thing again...
On to the next week!

Deanna7272
01-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I know you are going to lose next week Kristy.. I just know it... That sickness has really pu ta damper on things, but if your diet is on and you are exercising, SOMETHINGS gonna happen.

You are exactly right WileyB... and hubby said that same thing, at least I didn't gain it... I just thought that the loss would be bigger... I was SOOO O hoping...

I just got in from school, I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes (ran 10) at 4.1 to 5.0 mph... I also did a little weight work... Trying to get this shoulder healthy again... They are universal weights so it'll take a while... I like free weights SO much better... Anyone else have an opinion?

I have to jump in the shower, I am going at 5:30 to get my hair highlighted.... I am in the process of growing it out and I need something to SPRUCE it up...lol

Talk later...

candoitby06
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow, this new challenge is HARD. I was thinking "ok, yea this will be easy I can do it". NOT. I am completely ok with my veggies....which is weird because normally I would have the trouble with the veggies. But, its the fruit thats killing me. Am I cheating if I make a smoothie and use them all at once? Ehhhhhh....Good challenge Marion! This ones a good one for me, I didnt realize how much I was lacking.

Deanna: Honey, you gotta be smarter then the thermos ;) hehe sorry bout the burns....I am sure they hurt like ****! Make sure you keep them clean and maybe you might want put some bacitracin and then cover them at night. Definately wouldnt want you to cover them while at work and look like a chucker ;) Bottom line, you dont want an infection and then look like a vampire that has rabies :). I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am ;). Be careful though because they sound like a good 2nd degree burn....and I dont want them giving you any troubles. As for your loss, I think its wonderful...any number to the left is better then a number to the right! Hope the hair turns out gorgeous, I am sure it will!

Kristy.....You can do it!!! Next week is your week, use this week as something to push you!! We are here for you.....

WileyB....I definately think your water consumption is going to the little one....breastfeeding sucks the life out of you....including all your water. Keep it up, your doing great.

Time to cook some stir fry for dinner....mmmm more veggies....Kelsey had her first cereal feeding last night, and she LOVED it....so I just put together her highchair and shes sitting next to me and looking like shes on top of the world! haha, I cant wait for her next feeding it should be interesting in the highchair tonight. Wish me luck! *heres to not having cereal all over us by the end of it!!*

Ciao ladies!

WileyB
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey Anske, thanks for the info about that workout video - I didn't know they even had one out! Due to our decision to ban the TV, I don't know what is going on much any more outside of the info from the internet and radio, so ya'll keep me posted if anything real neat happens in the field of fitness. I really would appreciate it.

I'm off to the grocery store to buy some vittles, and I'm going to try and diversify a little in the fruit and veggie section. You know, get some of those strange looking things that you just look at, then pass up. I figure that I might eat more if I don't get bored eating the same things over and over, and then again, the dog's just might have a little fruit in their diet this week!

Softykins
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks Deanna & Morgan!
Guess what I did today! 30 minutes of treadmill and 30 minutes
of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)! Yeehaw! A full hour!!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Fig
01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Heya Chix! You're all doing so well....it makes me feel really good. Keep this in mind: even when you don't lose, as long as you don't GAIN you're doing all right. Maintaining is important, too. Don't get discouraged. As for the fruit, try some of the more "exotic" fruits. Have you ever seen Star fruit? It's really good. And how about kiwi fruit? It's real low in calories and soooo yummy. I like to make a big fruit salad and eat from it all day. One of my big obstacles is my huge love of TOAST. I could live on the stuff. Well, once again time for my pills and bed. See ya! Marion

Dakotasweett
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi there! I just got a private message from Morgan (candoitby06) and she told me what a great group you all were and I wondered if I could join you in the weight loss battle! I am 24 years old, single, no kids (although I have a very demanding cat!). I have been heavy my whole life but it has gotten really out of control since I graduated from high school. I have tried and not followed through with many a weight loss plans...and this is the longest I have gone and the most weight I have lost. I started in the beginning of DEcember at 256 pounds and am down to 238. I am on WW core program and love it but haven't really found support from the members there.

Best wishes!
-Vanessa;)

ICANCHANGE
01-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Hi! I think I am the last late night poster everyday. I have a confession....I thought we got rid of all the holiday chocolate but I found some in the cupboard and ate two pieces. That's not so bad but for me I just need to stay away from it to get rid of the cravings. Once I taste it I have a really hard time. Sigh!!! It makes me sad that I did that!

Vanessa, welcome to the group and good for you loosing so much weight during the holidays. I started to loose in November and then gained half of it back. So, now I am right back to work!

Kristy - Good for you doing so much exercise. I hope your get moving attitude rubs off on me! I know it will make me feel better I just have to make the time.

Marion - How do you eat the star fruit? Do you peel it? I have always wanted to give it a try. Maybe you will inspire me! I bet my kids would think it was pretty cool too.

How is everyone doing?

Cat

WileyB
01-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Yep, you guessed it, I wasn't in the store for 5 minutes when hotshot starts to complain, and my two boys who are sampling fruits in the F&V section start to play Star Wars- boy do we have fun shopping....Needless to say that I was barely able to grab any veggies, much less fruit before we had to make a run for it. Bad diaper on top of it all! So my plans for trying different F&V's will have to wait. Had oatmeal for breakfast-good, but can burn myself out on it quick.

Vanessa, welcome to you and your cat! Have you tried the flex plan? That's what I am trying to do. If you have, is the core plan much easier or what? Maybe I need to try it instead! Here's to you and your weight loss-:cheer:

Cat-I had the chocolate thing happen too, but it is almost gone, and I won't buy any to replace it so I will be safe til Valentine's Day probably. What's done is done, just forget it and make today a better day than yesterday, and I know you can do it! By the way, just exactly what are you doing up at 1:38 am anyway? ....just kidding

Kristy, WOOO HOOO!!! Good for you! I wish that I had done all that with you, but I am in a place where I can't walk, and I LOVE to walk. It's my way of exercising, so I am stuck in the house wondering if I can face another workout video or not. I am not good at motivating myself when I am alone with one of those things on. I tend to push pause a lot, and then get distracted with something else in the house that needs done. :ebike:

Deanna, I just had to tell you this. I dreamed last night that I was at the grocery store,(once again!), and I saw a lady in front of me in line, and I knew it was you because I could see where the hot tea had burned the sides of your chin and mouth :D I thought it might give you a chuckle- but I do so hope that it is much better and healing quickly- and you had a really nice coat on by the way....

Marion - thanks for the challenge, it's a killer for me!-but I'm trying!

candoitby06
01-11-2006, 01:08 PM
WileyB.....I am laughing sooooooooo hard right now "and you really had a nice coat on by the way"!!!!!!!!! LOL. Isn't it funny how people get put into your dreams and you remember the most bizarre stuff!!!!

I have this recurring dream all the time....I am at the supermarket, picking out green grapes....and 3 snapping turtles are biting at my toes.....I cant get away from them because my toes are bleeding and mutilated....what do you think that means?! Is that my subconcious telling me that I need healthy foods?!?!?!? lol, even my dreams are telling me to diet! Oye Vey.

Welcome Vanessa!!! Glad you found us alright....you will find great success with these ladies....great bunch here!

Kristy....move to the states so we can be work out buddies!!! You have more energy then Kelsey does I think!

I always wondered how the heck you eat star fruit....they just look so weird....and what are those prickly fruits? I see some of the crazy things they have in grocery stores and run the other way, but I bet if I just had the gonads to try em, I would be pleasantly surprised.

I just got home from my dialysis training so I am going to feed the baby and take a little much deserved nap!

Ciao Chicas!

dgpebbles
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
afternoon ladies

well I managed to get my fruits & veggies in but I have to say that it was a struggle....I didn't get any exercise in yesterday:( ..By the time I got home from work it was late and I was toooo tired...I hate having to work over...Oh well, I guess my body could use to break since I've been working out everyday...
well I tried my new scale..I like it but it is 1.6lbs heavier then my old scale...But it works...my water weight came in at 38.4% and my daughter(18) came in at 67% so I know that works...and my body fat measured in at 41.5% and hers at like somewhere around 20%...I just don't understand how it knows if it fat or muscle...
Great news:D ..since I tried out my new scale and compared it to my old scale my weights finally going down after 2 weeks of staying still...I don't know if its from adding more protein or if this fruit & veggie thing is helping but I'm happy camper...

Kristy - so don't give up...this is going to be your week too...I just know it...hang in there...keep up the exercise and way to go with the full hour..I'm proud of you....all of your motivation of exercising is motivating me so :hug: thanks

Vanessa - Welcome to our little group...this is a great group of ladies and you will find alot of support and motivation here...congrats on the weight loss so far...16lbs down that's awsome

Deanna - How is your mouth feeling?..Is your blisters going away yet?...I hope your better...

Deanna7272
01-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Ohhhh ladies.. the lips are blistered and peeling... the chin doesn't hurt per se, it is peeling though... And WileyB.. that dream does make me laugh because if you ask hubby... one of my WORST habits is.... I NEVER wear a coat....lol He is always getting on me about it... I have always said that I am the WORST role model for jacket wearing....lol

I get to have a salad for lunch and other than that, I am not reaching my F&V challenge.... I bought more lettuse today but it was bought FOR the IGUANA...lol I will stael some and have some for dinner.... POOR GIZZARD...

I have been so busy this week... it is finals week and with trying to get everyone's grades in and tests made up etc... I haven't hd time to update out calendar (I figured this would happen...lol) I haven't even had time to get on here... I have been missin' my girls!!!

Vanessa PM me with your info and I will add you to the group!!! Welcome...

I will be back on later, I am going to run a little on the treadmill.... I came home to change and have been on here since...lol

Talk soon!!!

Dakotasweett
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello all!

Thanks for the warm welcome to your group!

WileyB- I really like the core plan since it teaches you to focus on foods that are good for you. I think it will help me re-learn how to eat since I spent so many years eating very naughty foods. My sister did very well on the flex plan- but it seemed a little too time consuming to me. I started off my weight loss plan by counting calories and hated having to count everything...that's why I stayed clear of the flex plan- at least for now. I may try flex later on to see if I like it any better. I think either plan is a great idea- I just find core easier to stick to.

Well, off to do some homework. I have a bad cold and don't think I will be able to stay awake much longer!

Have a great day all!

WileyB
01-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, I went to weigh in today, and I fully expected to have gained something awful, but was surprised to see that I was down 12 pounds from about 3 months ago! I guess that averages out to about a pound a week - I'll take it....Now if I could just get moving! I need to lose more than I had for my goal, so I am starting out anew.

Vanessa, I think I'm going to have a second look at that core plan. I really don't like counting all that much either.

Morgan, I think that dream is telling you to stop wearing sandals around turtles while eating grapes! :lol:

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful evening!

Deanna7272
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Ya know Wiley... I was a little afraid when I went to the store tonight... I was envisioning those damn turtles.... Wore my tennies!!!

Great job on your loss.... surprising what 3 months can do... WOO HOO... hopefully we'll all be down that much come April!!!

Did 20 minutes on the treadmill earlier, then hubby came home... had dinner, and now I am headed back to do a little more...

BIGGEST LOSER is on tonight ladies.... I'll be there...

Fig
01-11-2006, 09:40 PM
You gals are doing great. Just reading all your posts motivates me--thanks! About the star fruit--you just slice it, lengthwise, and you get stars! It has a really unique taste. Try it! I need to overhaul my whole eating plan. I have to admit I haven't been doing well. I've strayed and floundered and I need to get with it and be more strict with myself. I may do a fast for 1 or 2 days. We'll see and I'll let you know.:)

susie_sunshine
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I went to my first weight watchers meeting tonight and I was down 2 lbs! Yeah for me!

WileyB
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
:cheer: :cheer: WAY TO GO SUSIE!:cheer: :cheer:

Keep it up girl - you can do it !

Deanna7272
01-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Grest job.... keep it up....

Susie, PM me your details so I can put you on the calendar.... starting weight, current weight, and goal.... I will email you the details on that...

Well, I was on the treadmill for an hour tonight... 20 mins to start, then 30 mins and I was feeling hungry so I grabbed my water bottle and went 10 more... I was so hungry... I know that when your metabolism speeds up, you get hungrier... I was a starvin' Marvin....

I know my sugar is going to be low int he morning though... I want to eat, but we don't have any healthy snacks....

This weekend is going to be tough... We are spending the weekend at my in laws... Patrick (stepson) has an all day wrestling tournament (so I get to spend time with HIS mother... JOY)... but I am going to have to plan ahead... My MIL is a GREAT cook and ALWAYS has DESSERTS.... ALWAYS.... You girls have to help me out.... I will be jumping online there for the motivation....

anske
01-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Hello,

This challenge is harder then I thought. Not doing so hot. But trying. I finally got the weight Tracker figured out. I have not lost any yet since in the group. But trying. I did 30 min of my Cardio Cruiser tonight while watching Biggest Loser. Love the show and the weight loss video. Just started that Yesterday. I am sore today. By the way I am sure you are all wondering about the weight loss. I did that before I joined the group. I have been stuck for some time now on this weight. 180! I lost 90 pounds in a year doing the Toney Little Gazelle. But gained some over the Holiday. :( Anyway thanks for letting be here! Have a great night! Anske

dgpebbles
01-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Anske - Great job..90lbs id awesome...I was stuck at a stand still too...I started eating more fruits & veggies and add more protein and my scale started moving again....I went today and bought some protein powder to add to my food...extra protein & less calories than eating chicken etc

ICANCHANGE
01-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Wiley...I wasn't really up that late. It was about 11:30 west coast time. I am a bit of a night owl because I love to have some quiet time after my kids go to bed. Now, I hope you're not going to have a dream about me stuffing my cheeks full of chocolate!

Deanna....How are those burns today? Have you been able to show the thermos who is in charge?

Susie...Great job...2 lbs is great.

Hope everyone is doing well with their fruits and veggies. I struggled with it today but think I pulled it off.

Cat

candoitby06
01-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, yesterday I ended up getting 3 fruits in.....does yogurt count? If it does, I had 4 :). I felt like I was forcing it down my throat but hopefully by Sunday, this will be an easier task for me.

So, I just had an affair on my Billy (Blanks that is, no rumors needed here). I did my gazelle for 30 min....oh my lord, I forgot how much it kills my legs. However, its nice to only have dead legs, not dead body like I do after Billy. I think I might keep this affair going until next week, how inspiring to know that Anske lost 90 pounds doing this!!!!!!!!! Wow. Congrats girl!!!

Donna - How does that protein powder taste? Does it add weird tastes/textures to your food that you add it to? As you probably know, I am nurse.... some of my patients get a protein supplement added to their water (usually they have massive wounds, it is great for aiding with healing!) and the water smells like ***! lol well, maybe not ***....but it does not smell appetizing in the least! As I watch them drink it, I watch smiles turn into frowns and they guzzle another cup of plain water after.....so this kinda tells me its nasty....please give me your thoughts.

Deanna - As for the coat....I am with you girl!!!! I hardly EVER wear a coat....and my hubby is like "You ought to know better, dont come complaining to me when you have pheumonia!". Heres the thing....you get in the car, and you sweat your buns off because of the heat....you go into stores and sweat your buns off because its stifling hot and there are people everywhere....why wear a coat for the 30 seconds that your going to be outside going from the car to the store, or the car to the house or whatever. I wouldnt suggest wearing a tank top in the middle of the winter and not wearing a coat...but typically I have a sweater or sweatshirt on or something and if not that, then I definately have a fleece vest on. *Heres to not sweating your cheeks off!!!*

Also, when I go home I always bring a bag of my healthy foods....home is where the good food is, so I do my best to avoid not having heathly foods present. I do cheat when I go home, but its ok to cheat here and there. As for the dessert thing....make a healthy dessert and present that for dessert instead....they might be surprised and like it....dont tell them its healthy until you get some good raves on it. Might not work out for you....but thats how I try to avoid things like that. Christmas I made a peppermint ice cream cake....oh my gosh it was so good!! It had two chocolate cake layers with low fat low cal peppermint ice cream in the middle with fat free cool whip as the icing....everyone lovvvved it.....and then after we all ohhhed and ahhhhed about it, I told them it was only 200 cals a slice :) They were stunned!

Well ladies, I need a serious shower here....I may stink the baby out of the house! Ciao for now!

candoitby06
01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh, I was also wondering how often you all weigh yourself? Hubby says I am becoming obsessed with the scale and that its not healthy to weigh more then once a week!?

I end up hoping on almost 6 times a day. I know that it fluctuates normally, but if I see the scale up a couple of pounds I tend not to reach for that extra snack between meals. Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

Deanna7272
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I weigh once a week... I also do my meaasurements once a week also.. i can tell I lost in my belly, the scales not showing it though...

Morgan... that's my explanation also...lol 30 seconds does not justify the uncomfortableness...lol I do have some AWESOME coats though...lol Still buy them, just don't wear them...lol

The burns are good actually, the lips are better and the redness has lightened... they just look and feel chapped now....

OH and get this... I laughed sooo hard... the girls at work sabotaged my stuff...

They put a big sticker (BRIGHT YELLOW)

on my pop saying "CAUTION: will burn if you put HOT stuff in it"...

on my shirt "Caution: will catch your neck if you ZIP it too fast".

on my bag "CAUTION: wil put your eye out if you run with it"

and on my purse "CAUTION: will hurt your foot if you drop it on them"....

Are they not terrible... they said that they were just too nice too long... so I got the RAZZZ....lol

WileyB
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Thank goodness I am not a vegetarian, or I would be dead by now! I just cannot seem to get all those veggies in, nor the fruit. I'm trying to be creative so I don't get bored with just plain ole cut up raw veggies and fruit, but I'm not THAT creative!...Makes me wonder just what I am eating all day, I keep forgetting to write it down...must start that back right away.

Morgan, I don't have a scale, so I am not much help to you there, but when I did, I tried to weigh on the same day once a week, otherwise, I made myself miserable because I didn't think it was coming off fast enough.

Deanna, that's what friends are for - to remind you that there is humor in just about everything!

By the way, I feel just like ya'll do about coats. I hate dragging those darn things around wherever I go, so I just leave one in my truck in case I get stranded or something.

Hope you all have a great day!

ICANCHANGE
01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, I am a vegetarian and I still find this challenge hard. I have no idea what I eat. Well, that's not true....carbohydrates, carbohydrates. Now, I am eating more tofu and veggies.

Weigh Ins: I weigh in every morning before I have anything to eat or drink so not to have an extra ounce in my body..LOL! I think for some time the prevailing theory was that you should only weigh in once a week because your weight will fluctuate during the week and that could be frustrating. However, I recently read an article that suggested new research (I don't know whose research it was) shows that weighing in everyday actually keeps you motivated. This is the case for me. When I see what I weigh in the morning, good or bad, it serves as a good reminder for me during the day. Now, 6 times a day probably doesn't do you any good.....LOL!

Coats??? Its about 70 degrees here today. I never need one out here on the West Coast.

Anske!!!! WOW 90 LBS! Is really amazing. Every time I hear it I am amazed. I hope it rubs off on me.

WileyB
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Well, I finally figured out what to do after seeing the Swan man drive by. I love the mixed veggies they have with the seasonings. They are really low fat, and I really like them. I totally forgot about them! He dosen't come by my house regularly - can't afford to buy every time, so I have to ration them out, but they are a great change from what I can do to a vegetable. I wish I could learn to cook with herbs so that I could make my own veggies - anyone got any ideas?

Deanna7272
01-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey girls... you HAVE to hear my news....

I was on the treadmill after school and got called to the office for a phone call.... No one except hubby knew that I was there so I was a little concerned... Well, I get down there and my Principal ios on the phone wiht the District Superintendent and the Secretary said that he needed me next... well I am about peeing my pants because why would the HEAD HONCHO call ME unless it was something I had done wrong????

Well, I finally had my conversation with him and it was the EXACT opposite of what I thought. Get this... He asked me if I would be on a committee to help write a 1/2 million dollar grant for my department!!!!! I have never done such a thing, but I am ready to give it a try... There is another woman on the grant writing committee that is going to be there to help us.... but there are like 6 people going to be on the committee....

It is going to be a proposal for content standards, nutrition, physical fitness, fitness equipment (treadmills, elipticals, etc), to help develop the core program for our school and the expansion of the field!!!

I am SOOOOOOO excited....

But, I am dealing with a headache so I can't be tooooo happy, just a little high five to me... Not wanting to toot my own horn, but..... TOOOOOOOOOOT!!

More later....

Oh, and I just won a Nike mp3 player on ebay....that'll get me moving!!! Good night at the Rainery's!!

ICANCHANGE
01-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Wiley...Who is the Swan Man? Is this a major brand that they sell at stores or they actually deliver? I am picturing a man with big white wings driving a truck!:D

Deanna - That's so cool! I would have freaked out worrying for that meeting too but it sounds like a really great project to participate in....good for you...:hug:

I just got my Nutrisystem food in the mail today. I have to sort it out tonight and hope that my first taste tomorrow is good. I like the plan because I have a hard time figuring out what to eat but always worry that prepackaged food will be weird.

Hope everyone is feeling light on their feet today!

Cat

dgpebbles
01-13-2006, 12:23 AM
hey Ladies...Doing great today...I got up early and exercised today before work for the first time...I felt so good all day...this is something I'll have to do more often thats is if I can continues to get my butt out of bed ..lol...
I'm doing well on geting in my fruits & veggies still but it is a challenge...

Deanna - Thats great about the committee...i know you'll do a great job

yeah I never wear a coat either...It's only cold for the few seconds out side but glad that I don't get sick from it

Morgan - I bought a whey protein mix vanilla flavor from a vitamin shop kinda like GNC...I've only used it last night and twice today..I do like it...It really doesn't have no flavor at least when it's mixed with food...so far I've mixed 2 tablespoons in my yogurt as a sanck and mixed in my soy milk and put it on my cereal...1 serving is 4 tablespoons, 90 calories, 17 protein and only 3 carbs per serving...I'm really not a big meat, egg or cheese eater and this has helped my protien intake go up....try it I only paid 7 dollars for mine

Well I can't wait for weigh-in tomorrow..Wish everyone good luck...

WileyB
01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
You know, I forget that we are all from different parts of the world around here! Cat, there is a co. called Schwan's (swans), and they send a truck to your house every two weeks. It is stocked with all kinds of frozen goodies...meats, breads, veggies, ice cream....stuff that we cannot get at our "supercenters". They have excellent frzn veggies, very fresh, but they may only be here in the South. Besides TX, I know that they are in Louisiana, but that's all I know. I guess they have a website?

Deanna, that sounds like a great program for your school, and you as well! Congratulations on being chosen to be on the committee. I know how you feel about being called by the head hauncho- I've been there...

Donna, as bad as I hate to admit it, I always felt wonderful when I got up early and exercised before I started to work. If they could just make some kind of bed launcher to shoot me out of bed....

I won't be with ya'll Sat-maybe Mon, we are going to stay at a cabin and take the kids fishing and hiking at the lake. My boys have a choice on their birthdays to have a party, or go camping....I enjoy the camping much more! Baby girl is too small for actual "camping", so cabin is second choice.

Hope everyone does great on their weigh in's today :goodscale ...and have a wonderful day and weekend! :bubbles: - I love bubbles...so much fun...

dgpebbles
01-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey everyone

I'm so excited:cloud9: ..I weight-in today and I've lost 2lbs this week:D ..It's about time since last week I lost nothing...Guess I'm doing something right this week..

Willeyb - Hope you have a great time at the cabin this weekend...Sounds like alot of fun...do some fishing for me..It's been so long since I've fished.

I hope everyone else has a wonderful weigh-in today...Good luck to all My friends :hug: here and have a great day...

Deanna7272
01-13-2006, 10:51 AM
I am out for the weekend also... Staying at the in laws Saturday morning until Sunday night or Monday.... I HOPE that I can keep some type of eating proram in place.... I will be thinking about you guys...

We have Schwann's also (Ohio)... I have never bought off of them but my neighbors always do...lol I should look into it... how is that pricing? That's my thing....

Get at me withyour weigh in girls... Thanks!!!

Deanna7272
01-13-2006, 10:51 AM
GREAT JOB Donna!!!! WOO HOO>.. I'll update asap!!!

Softykins
01-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry I haven't been around, gals...
I have been a little busy these last few days.

I just want to say a quick congrats to Donna!
Woohoo! keep up the great work girl!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

candoitby06
01-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey there girlie girls!

CONGRATS to Deanna...sounds like a WONDERFUL opportunity for you!!! I know you will do wonderfully with it!!!

Also congrats to Donna for making that scale budge! You are right, you must have done something good this week....maybe all those fruits and veggies?! Keep up the great work!

We miss you Kristy....hope all is well, and your not so busy that you arent making time for yourself...remember you are most important.

Today was my weigh in day....and I lost another 5. Any ideas on when this will slow down? I want to keep it off and it feels like its flying off, which doesnt mean its a permanant thing right? I'm not complaining, I love that its coming off....but I'm going to be heartbroken when it stops eventually :( I am trying to mentally prepare myself for that.

Time for a nap, the baby is taking hers and its now or never for me. Hope all is well for the rest of you!!! For those of you taking off this weekend, enjoy!

Ciao Ladies

WileyB
01-13-2006, 02:21 PM
...and I can't wait to become one too! Congratulations to Donna & Morgan for their loss! Here's to ya'll - :cheer:

Deanna, congratulations to you for being picked to do such an important task for your school! I know that you will do a great job with it too! :D

Kristy, we've missed you! Hope everything is going ok!:)

ICANCHANGE
01-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I started on Nutrisystem today and now I know how it works. The food is SO GROSS it may just turn you off of eating forever:D .

I still can't get the taste out of my mouth:( . Pretty much everything is a powder that you mix with water with and it is suppose to be a meal with a fancy name. The exception were the muffins. They weren't a powder to begin with but put them in your mouth and they turn to powder. :dizzy:

My daughter saw my muffin and asked to eat some. I don't wan't her to know I am on a diet so I didn't make a big deal about it but told her I thought it didn't taste good. She tasted it anyway and promptly spit it out. She said, "It is too bad some people have a hard time baking".

Luckily they have a liberal return policy. What a pain to have to go ship all of this back but yuck. Really, really, yuck. I guess I need a new plan. Sigh! I don't think the scale is budging this week but we will see on Saturday.

Cat

ICANCHANGE
01-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Donna and Morgan.....Awesome job this week! Hooray for you!!!:hug: :hug:

Morgan, I know what you mean about the weight coming off too fast. You want it to come of as fast as possible but don't want it to come flying back. I am not sure how old your baby is but are you still loosing pregnancy weight because that always comes off faster? What type of plan are you following. You may have said, I will have to look around.

Cat

Deanna7272
01-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Congrats on that 5 pounds Morgan... I WISH mine would come off that fast.... I am creeping with mine...

Cat.... You crack me up... I love the fact that you are contemplating on sending it back.... at least you can... I have been through so many supplements that didn't work and I had the "eat" the cost....

I have to thank you all for the comments on the grant thing... I am very honored to be chosen... I hope it works out... AND I found out that there is 1.5 million up for grabs.... we may end up with about 500,000... which would be WONDERFUL!!!

anske
01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hello,

I have been doing really bad. I have endomeriosis and I am in a lot of pain around my monthly for a bout a week in a half. So my exercising is not going well for me. Any sugestions? I am really down about it. The Pain is so bad at times I just lay around the house and do nothing. Well I am still trying. I will keep you posted. Anske

Deanna7272
01-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Just hang in there... on a lighter note, and I hope this helps... Exercising releases chemicals called endorphins which are NATURAL pain relievers. I always tell my girls when they try to get out of practice because of cramps.... I know that endo is MUCH MORE painful but maybe try to work through it...

Hope it helps...

dgpebbles
01-14-2006, 12:58 AM
well I did do to good today and the fruit & veg...I hate working the night shift..It never fails that I can never managed to get in all my calories and eat right...We just get to busy at night to take breaks and I miss eating my snacks and meals...Glad that I only have to work 1 night a week.

Morgan - Congrats on the 5lbs....I agree it could be baby weight...also you lose more at the begining on your diet...Just keep eating right, exercise and drink your water and you should be okay..

Cat - Sorry your food taste so bad...have you thought about counting calories...Its not has hard as it seem and fitday really helps you watch how your doing..

ICANCHANGE
01-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Anske....I have the same problem. Well they aren't sure if it's endo or a ovarian cyst sitting on a nerve but just after that time of the month I am in so much pain for days I can't see straight. I take alot of pain relievers but always seem to gain weight during that time. I get migraines and this pain is worse. I don't have any great suggestions for you but just know you aren't alone. I think this is a big cause of my weight gain. When the pain is gone I feel motivated, workout, eat right and loose weight. The pain comes back, I can't sleep, get really tired don't eat right, etc. I am sorry you are going through this! Hugs to you! My only suggestion, which is what I am trying, is to try to plan ahead what I am going to eat during that time and take light walks and do some stretching. Donna is right about the endorphins but sometimes easier said then done.

Donna - What I am going to do is count calories and use some frozen meals for a while. I like Amy's brand frozen meals and am going to use those for portion control. I just need something easy right now. I just planned out what I am going to have to eat each day and am going to go shopping tomorrow.

Happy Friday!

Cat

Dakotasweett
01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi all! Boy it's been a busy week with work and school...glad I finally have the chance to say hi to everyone!

Anske- Deanna is right about exercise helping with cramps...but I'm not sure if it works the same way with endometriosis...I'd be interested to hear your input. Has your doc put you on any meds (birth control, muscle relaxants, pain meds)? My friend's doctor put her on birth contol specifically for the endometriosis becuase it can reduce the pain and damage done.

Deanna- a belated congrats on the grant committe...how wonderful for you! It is wonderful when you are recognized at work by the head honchos!

Morgan- I sell tons of types of protein powders at the GNC I work at. I have heard the cheap ones you can buy at Walmart/K-Mart/etc don't taste as good. The 2 brands I recommend to my customers are Designer Whey Protein and GNC Pro Performance 100% whey protein. The whey proteins tend to have less fat, calories, and sugar than soy protein. The protein drinks taste best if you serve them very cold (some people blend with ice) and ff milk tastes better than plain water. You can always add fruit for added flavor. And congrats on the loss! I lost more quickly while counting calories too...it's slowed down a bit since I started core but I am still losing.

Everyone else--keep up the great work! Every little bit counts!

anske
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

My doctor wanted me to be on birth control pills and I refused to take them. In the past I took birth control and gained weight. I have gone to far to get the 90 pounds off to take a pill and have weight added back on. I have gained some back just on Holidays alone. I am just scared to gain some back ya know. Thanks for everyones advise. You are an awsomw group. Keep up the good work. Anske

emerald dragonfly
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey girls!!!!!!! How are all of you doing??? Let me tell you right off...I was down for the ENTIRE week!!!! I manage to pull my muscles that are right on the nerves of the spine. I had to lie flat for 15 minutes with a small towel under my neck. I had to do this for the week. So, I am afraid to say, I HAD NO EXERCISE!!!! UUUGGGHH!!!! But, it's okay....I ate healthy. I did not weigh myself yesterday because #1- I am on my period, and #2- I had no exercise. I did not want to look at the scale and be disapointed in myself. so I say, "out of sight, out of mind." LOL!

I am sooo proud of everyone! You all are going to be wearing that bikini in no time!!! ;) I go to my doctors on Monday to see if he'll let me do anything...even stretching. Boy, I really, REALLY missed you all! :hug: I REALLY missed the exercising. :(

I can't stay on long..my back is already starting to hurt. I will email all of you. I am having trouble retreiving emails today so I am hoping I will not have the trouble sending them.

Chat to you all later.................

emerald dragonfly

anske
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Way to go on those who lost weight!!!! Keep up the great work. We are all worth it!!!

Anske

ICANCHANGE
01-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I didn't lose any weight this week. So, on to next week!

Cat

candoitby06
01-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Alright ladies.....as you all know, I was the lucky one of the week and need to think up a challenge for you all.....last weeks fruits and veggies challenge is going to be a tough one to beat!!

I was thinking about stuff that I need to improve on....thinking that we probably all have similar deficits when it comes to weight loss. Here is the "skinny" on my challenge:

Simple : Walk as much as possible!!
Ex: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park as far away from the store as you can and resist the closest parking spot these are just a couple of examples but I am sure you get my drift.

I bought a pedometer last week and am averaging like 15,000 steps per day, my personal goal is to beat that.

Good luck with this ladies, I know its very simple but for those of us that dont choose these simple steps in the right direction, I am guessing we should see some good results because of it.

I'll be back later....ciao chicas

Softykins
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Sounds great Morgan!! :hug:
Hi Ladies!
My Mike and I had our 7th anniversary yesterday!
7 years of dating - wow.

Anyhoo, I wanted to tell you that I finally LOST 3 POUNDS!
I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy!

Congrats to all of you that lost the pounds and to those
of you who didn't, hang in there. We are here for you!

ICANCHANGE
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Yaaahooo, Kristy!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: That's great news both about your loss and your anniversary too!

Morgan, I just bought a pedometer and think this is a great idea. 15,000 steps sounds great. I have to see how much I am walking but I doubt that much. Do you include an actual workout walk or this is just what you get in around the house, working and running errands?

Cat

Deanna7272
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Ladies... Finally back home... But, I have bad news... I flippin' gained 2 pounds this week... I KNOW it had to be from the weekend... we had wings, Red Robin, spaghetti, CAKE, URGH... I am sooooooo mad because I worked my butt off last week...

Anyway... I have to get everythign updated and I'll do it here in a little bit... 24 is on and hubby and I are HUGE fans...

We also discussed this weekend that I am going back to our local gym... There is SOMETHING about this place that I usually lose a ton... I think it's a combination of people and mutual goals.... I am going there tomorrow after school to sign back up!!!

I'll be back on later.... Talk soon!

dgpebbles
01-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Sounds great...15,000 steps...I'm going to have to go buy a pedometer...i was thinking about it anyway...

Kristy - way to go ...I knew you could do it..

Deanna - sorry to hear about the gain...You'll do better this week...congrats on going back to the gym

Fig
01-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi Gals..... Just a quick note to let you know I'm still on the planet. Good challenge, Morgan. I have a pedometer, I'll have to start using it. Of course I must get my butt MOVING!!! My knees have been hurting so much lately it's hard to walk much, but I'll chug the pain pills and GO. I haven't weighed myself--I'm waiting until next week. More tomorrow, ok? Got to sign off--bad headache. Huggsss, Marion

emerald dragonfly
01-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Marion- get to feeling better..PLEASE!!!!! :hug:

Kristy- Congrats on both your weight loss and anniversary! :carrot:

Deanna- you can be hard on yourself just for this one day..then GET OVER IT!!! LOL! Think positive now. You know why you gained the weight, so stay away from the foods that sabatoged you. LOL!! For reals though, don't beat yourself up. name one person from this group who hasn't gained weight. HUH??? can't, can you? See, no one is perfect. Start over tomorrow..it'll be a new day for you! I believe in you.........

Morgan- GREAT challenge. Today at the doctors office, I was told NO EXERCISES FOR ! MORE WEEK!!!! I was mordified! but she told me to walk, walk, walk! So, great minds think alike. ;) I walked for 1 hour today, my back ached but it felt good to move.

anske- I remeber all the weight I gained while on birth control...God, I'm so glad I can't take them anymore!!!!

Okay, everyone do me proud this week! :D I am hoping to at least lose 1 pound..LOL. I guess it's better than not losing anything.

Chat with you all tomorrow!!!!

emerald dragonfly

Dakotasweett
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi all, today was my official weigh in..I am down to 235.5 pounds- I think that is 2.5 pounds down from last week. I am really excited! I wasn't able to work out much last week because of my darn cold...but I watched my eating really well and I guess it paid off!

Morgan- excellent challenge...every little bit counts!

Kristy- congrats on your weight loss and on your anniversary

Deanna- keep your chin up...remember we're in this for the long haul..don't let one bad week upset you...just focus on making this new week better!

Marion- sorry to hear your hurting so bad...I can empathize with the feeling. I have fibromyalgia and it makes everything so much harder.

Best of luck to all for a happy healthy week!

ICANCHANGE
01-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Vanessa! Fantastic job!!! You did a wonderful job even without getting your workouts in last week. Good luck this week.

Cat

Softykins
01-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks gals! I'm proud of both of my accomplishments!

You are all doing so well!! :D

candoitby06
01-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Firstly...CONGRATS to Kristy and Mike on their 7 year anniversary!! Thats so wonderful! You should post the link to your wedding for everyone, its adorable! They are a cute friggin couple guys! Also, WHOOT WHOOT on your loss! Keep up the super work!

Cat - I am actually pretty bad with my pedometer...I forget about it and dont typically include it in my work out and dont even end up putting it on till after my shower and usually after lunch. (I'm not wearing it yet and have done tons of cleaning. Whoops). I need to "step" it up, no pun intended. But, I do include work which is the majority of my walking. Typically, I would include exercise and everything else.

Deanna - Dont let the gain get you down, you will shed those pounds right off before you know it. The bottom line is that you had fun with your family, and you slipped up. It happens. Sounds like you love the gym! You are one of few! I for some reason feel like I need to be skinny before I head to the gym. Why is that? Does anyone feel like they need to be in shape before they hit the gym?

Marion - feel better girl! Sorry to hear your down in the dumps! I know how much knee pain sucks. Just remember that a lighter body means better knees. My knees were bothering me something awful but after a month of exercise it strengthened and toned my knees and I am free and clear of pain.

Gloria - No exercise for a week seems disheartening but listen to the Dr. and DONT EXERCISE! Dont push it, I dont want you worse off with your back! It will be better soon.

Vanessa - my girl!!! Rock on! You are doing so well, I'm proud of you....keep up the GREAT work!!

Alright ladies....off to the Gazelle, Tony Little seems to be my new love....Billy Blanks remains on top of my DVD player sulking because I am cheating on him. Poor guy. lol.

Ciao Chicas

anske
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Good job to those who lost weight. I got off my bum today and walked 1 mile around the lagoon in the cold. But worth it. I was hoping it would help my pain that I am in but no luck :(. Thanks ladys for your support. Have a good day.

Ps. Not going to weigh myself due to the monthly. Anske

Softykins
01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Sure! I don't mind sharing my wedding website at all :D

It's http://kristyandmike.weddingannouncer.com/

Morgan, you have the Gazelle?? I always wanted to try that!
Good job walking 1 mile, anske! You've done good!

Deanna7272
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
LOVE the website Kristy!!! Great to see more of you! Best of luck with your future plans... I hope you can be as happy as hubby and I are... It is a wonderful feeling knowing you have your very best friend by your side through thick and thin!

Softykins
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Awe thanks Deanna! :hug:
I really am marrying my bestfriend. He is so wonderful!

Deanna7272
01-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I got myself one of those... They're FUN...lol

Thanks girls for all the positive thoughts!!! I wanted to tell you I found out some info about the gym... February is FREE February... I am SOOO waiting for February...lol 4 months for the price of 3!!! WOO HOO....

Talk soon!!!

emerald dragonfly
01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
I am so proud of you Vanessa!!!!! :hug:

Anske; I was on my period also so I didn't weigh myself either. Try again next week.

I walked for 1 hour today...by the time I got home, I was drenched from the rain; which really felt like I walked under a waterfall the entire time. I had to go back to the doctors this morning. My asthma acted up!! :?: i haven't had a problem for like 8 years so i was freaked out by it all. Found out my son & daughter in laws new cat gave me an allergic reaction. So they are trying to find a home for him. :( I feel bad but what can I do? I can't breathe around their place.
She also said, my doctor, I can start stretching my legs and don't over do it!!! LOL! I won't. I want to get back doing my DDR!!!! Cross your fingers I will not injury myself. ;)

I better get off... I NEED a hot shower.
Take care all!

Gloria

anske
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Kristy

I love the website. You are so pretty. You both look so happy. I also enjoyed the song to your frist dance. Wow I am excited for you. I know I am newbie but I am still so happy for you. My hubby and I will be married for 7 years this Sunday. I wish the both of you the best of luck.

ANSKE

dgpebbles
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Kristy..you two look so cute..I know you will be happy..I wish you the best of luck....you ar a very pretty lady...your site is really cute...

Vanessa - WAY TO GO..

Moragn-- your cheating on billy, the love of your life...lol..I don't blame you....I tried his bootcamp once and that was enough for me...at least till I get in better shape

candoitby06
01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey Ladies....hope all is well with everyone!

I cant get over the motivation that is in this group! Its mind baffling to me! Its great! We will succeed!

Its raining cats and dogs here in Massachusetts....crappy day crappy day. Kelsey is in a GREAT mood and little does she know in just over an hour shes getting her 4 month shots :( Poor bugger. I'm prepping myself for the blood curtling screams (I think I take it worse then she does). I'm skipping my workout today (I know I know, shame on me). Maybe I will do it this afternoon but I'm having my period and dont feel like doing a whole lot. I'm on the depo shot and have never had my period before while on it and all of a sudden....pow! Anyone ever been on depo? I dont think its the best birth control but I am lucky if I can remember to take my multi vitamin so the pill def wouldnt work for me.

Well, time to shower and get ready for the doctors appointment. :( Wish us luck! Ciao Chicas

Softykins
01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you for your kind words, guys!
You are all too sweet! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Morgan, I hope you feel better soon, hun!

Gloria, just a question - do you think we should start
a new thread? This one is getting rather long. lol

dgpebbles
01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
well I bought my pedometer last night after work and guess what..I forgot it this morning when I got up...but I am now back home and I have it on...

I agree we have a great group here...we are very supportive and really motivate each other...together we are going the big losers..lol

Morgan - yes I've been on the depo shot now for over 3 years and I've never had a period...I wonder what caused yours...the only problem I find with it is that it makes me retain fliud but with all the water I've been drinking now I think I'm doing better now...My hands use to swell up alot and they haven't lately...

good luck on those steps today everyone

anske
01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I was on the depo and I gained weight. I quit taking it due to that reason. I am glad to be able to be in the group. I am still pretty new but I feel very Welcome. Not sure If I am going to exercise today. Still in some pain from the Endo. Have a great day Ladys.

Anske

candoitby06
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Well, Kelsey survived her shots....cried like a banchee....but this too shall pass! Shes 14.8 1/2 pounds now....:( Shes getting so big :( My friend is having her baby as we speak, she was induced this morning and my sister in law is due in March. I'm going to want another one once I see these!!! Its amazing how quickly they grow up. Next thing I know shes going to have a....shudder.....boyfriend :( Ok, I'm going to go cry now. lol.

Later Gators!

Dakotasweett
01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope everyone is having a good day. It is snowy and cold here in Pittsburgh. Yuck!

Morgan- I was on depo for about 5 years. I think part of the reason I had issues losing weight before was due to depo...I am so impressed you are doing so well while on it. Just a warning...they have done some studies showing taking depo can predispose you to osteoporosis...so take your calcium supplements!

Kristy- thanks for sharing your wedding website with us...it is so beautiful! I have never seen a wedding website...what a wonderful idea!

Well, I'm off to do homework. It's been a long day and I wanna get to bed early tonight (that's wishful thinking...but I am going with it!)

Talk to you all soon!:carrot:

dgpebbles
01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Morgan I know what you mean about them growing up fast...seems like it was just yesterday that my baby was born but here she is 18 driving a car..we just went and picked out her prom dress....wow can't believe this is her last year...she is going to go to college to major in art.....she wants to be a art teacher

well I need to go exercise now...Have a great day tomorrow

emerald dragonfly
01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Good idea Kristy! I was just thinking about that myself...I sometimes get lost in this maze of messages. I'll start a new one tonight.

My daughter in law had the depo like in September, 2005. She is having way too many problems with it. #1- she gained almost 40 pounds. #2- she beelds for days on ends. #3- she's always tired. #4- the doctor told her she might have endrometrosis. She's really bummed out right now. I'm trying the best I can to reassure here time will run out from that shot. The doctor says it may last 3 months but the effects take up to 2 YEARS to actually wear off!

Guess what happened to me this morning?? I was on my way to the allergist specalist adn because of all of this wonderful Oregon rain, I slipped and fell from my front patio and landed on my right side. I am okay, I bruised my right hip...thank GOD for the fat to protect me. LOL!! :D I bounced...LOL..... The alleregist actully took time out to make sure I didn't break anything. He said I bruised myself. I think I was more embarassed falling than anything. Anyway, he did a bunch of food allergy tests. I had to be naked from the top up! YEP! of course I had on one of those fancy paper shirts everyone wears. :o I found out I am allergic to: shellfish (knew this), strawberries, (knew this), walnuts (knew this). Then I have a slight reaction to: soy, all dairy products, eggs, cantalope, honeydew melon. I told him "why don't you tell me I was allergic to spinach or brussell sprouts?" LOL!! So I have to stay away from dairy, soy, some macooni products...he gave me a small lists. I go see my nutritionist on Friday morning to get a diet plan for me. He thinks this is why I can't seem to lose more than a few pounds at a time when I work my a** off! Which I do. Wish me luck.

Oh, Kristy........ my 2 youngest kids are in high school and they have a week in February called "Charity Drive". It's where all 4 classes compete against each other to see how much money they can make for our local charities. Well, the Junior class, my son's class, is havving a "DDR" night! I thought of you! LOL! Me, my son Christopher, he's almost 19, and my daughter BreeAnna, she's 15, signed up for it today. I will take pictures and hopefully my video on the camera will work this time so everyone can see us in action!!!

I walked today for about 15 minutes due to my "war wound." :dizzy: I will try harder tomorrow.

Okay...look for the new thread...the subject line will read: "emerald dragonfly's posse" Is that okay??? if not, I'll change it...Someone's got to pick a name...PLEASE!!!! It's not my group, it's OUR group!

emerald dragonfly