Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 PM   #1  

Default OT: Microdermabrasion

Okay, I had my first microdermabrasion treatment done this morning. WOW! I can't get over what a huge difference it made in my skin. I can't afford to go back every week (my mom gave me a gift certificate for Christmas) but I am most definately going to have it done periodically.

I didn't have really bad skin to begin with but had your usual sun spots, fine lines, black/white heads here and there. All of them are GONE. And my pores are much, much smaller now that all of the dead skin has been removed and they have been vaccumed out. Plus, by skin feels so soft.

Has anyone else ever tried it?
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

This is what I use for microdermabrasion:

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...CT_ID=PROD7480

It makes my skin soft & smooth & great looking, and smells good too!

I use this moisturizer afterwards:

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD337

It's the best moisturizer I've ever used, hands down!

I'm so glad you had a good experience w/it.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:25 PM   #3  

Thanks for the link - I'll give it a try once I'm done with all the samples they gave me today.

Having it done professionally the first time was worth it - if just for all of the extractions that she did (and the spa facial, of course). But now that those are taken care of I like the idea of using something at home to maintain the results. I really liked the products she used but they are pricier than what I'm willing or able to pay on a regular basis.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I've done the at-home kind (Mary Kay) but not one with a dermatologist! I bet the difference is HUGE!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:28 AM   #5  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

The Origins stuff looks good. I think I might try some of those. I love to slough off the dead skin.

I currently use Estee Lauder Day Cream and Idealist. Korea is extremely dry in the winter and we all suffer from dry skin. I have to moisturiae several times a day! Our furniture eve cracks in the winter and heals itself (sort of) in the summer.

I run the humidifiers 24/7
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:04 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I used to work for a place that had a microdermabrasion machine (we were right next to a plastic surgeons office - sigh). I gave myself micros every other week and then had The Cute Boyfriend come in for them. Oh how I miss that machine.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:13 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have the Neutrogena home kit, which works pretty well, although nothing like a professional one I am sure.

SuchAPrettyFace - Those Origins products look great. I think maybe I will make them a treat for my next goal. I want to buy nicer things for myself, but I never know where to start.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote