South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Chat On The Beach

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six geese a-laying
who are just as noisy and much messier than those darn calling birds! Enough already!

Good morning! For once I slept right through and woke at 5:30! Lucy always finds something to woof at then before she goes back to sleep on the couch. The Girls have taken to sleeping on the couch in the back room rather than on their beds in the kitchen! They always greet me at the kitchen door in the morning but I can tell by the muffled woofs earlier.

I felt kind of isolated yesterday as we were/are covered with ice. I do have yak-traks but didn't want to risk a fall just to get a paper and some milk. Today I just MUST get out though. I'll spread some salt on the steps and walks after I sip my coffee. This year I have the salt in the house instead of in the barn. Maybe I AM getting smarter!

What's happening around your beach brolly today?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #2  

SQWACK SQUAK sssQuaCkkkkk!!! (bang!)

There, so much fer them canadian geese! bloody poop machines!!!

Ruthie: It's FRIDAY darlin! Yes you need some fresh nawthin' air! But beeee vweewy careful on the ice , we don't need our mother hen hurtin her knee.!

Cottage: Hope you had fun with the kidlets yesterday and were able to get rid of them cookies

Djett: DS is better?

CJ: Yippee fer DS !! Sigh, yeah I remember having to parallel park and K turn for my road test... Sheesh, hmm now adays seems that the testing is just a formality and more time is spent learnin how to adjust the bass on those boomin rap playin stereo systems!!

BB: You feeling better today doll?

2BFit/Sil: Thanks for all that info on the Body Challenge.. I'm gonna head over to the site and see whats what.

Crk05 Sympathies dear...err, I mean Congrats on your move to a new apt.. I just got done with a Major move myself..

Sooo, one of my purchases at Dicks was a Good Sports Bra.. Now that is something I recommend to all--well worth the extra $$$... Well, I got done exercising and after a while the bra started to really feel suffocating, so I undid the clasps under my Tee.. Ahhh, and got engrossed in a book.. Anyhoo, some of you may remember my adorable, yet precocious neighbor (the one who walked in as I was examining my flab flaps ) knock knock... her comes the little angel.. gifting me with a portrait of me (very picasso ish) to thank me fer a purse I made her for Xmas... so in she comes and wants to add some birds and hearts to the pic... we go to the table and she begins to color in this and that .. Im sitting there and she screws up her little face and says WHATS THAT???? pointing to my chest.. "Whats What" I retort, well she points and grabs the bra...and pulls the rest of it outta my tee and near strangles me! Seems that it inched its way up and was sticking out of my Tee... I was so flustered ! GOOD GRAVY! What that child must say to her parents..

Yesterday I needed some inspiration to kick off my renewed committment to losing weight, and surfed the site.. Soooo many Success stories, sooo many chicks making wonderful progress and changes.. I visited the nutrition area, the Success Story thread, the 100 pound club.. AMAZING!!!
There's a couple that belong to the 100lb club that I've been stalkin..oops make that following heh heh... turns out they are going to be featured in the January 2006 issue of Your Diet Magazine! How wonderful is that!!!!

I also found a great OP snack item.. ok, it's not a whole food that you make yerself.. It's called Snapea Crisps made with Green peas in the pod, corn oil, rice and salt.. A B C DElicious!!!! cost about $1.80 and contains 3 servings.. Found it in the produce section and I'm gonna stock up on them

Ok the sun is up and I got Places to go Things to do and People to pester!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 12-30-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, nooooo! It's not Thursday again, is it?

It's been pretty mild here all week, but muddy with the snow melt and it rained all day yesterday. Monica and the granddaughters came over for a visit, so I babysat Audrey and Maggie here. We made a fantastic lasagna for dinner, and had a really nice day, although it was noisy! I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by family.

Is anyone making any New Year's resolutions? I plan to get really serious about eating healthier and achieving my goal weight. I've been bouncing around between 140 to 150 for more than 6 months now, and it's time to move on! I see there's a Valentine's Day Goal on the forum board, and my personal goal is to be in the 130's by then.

Today I'll be with Audrey & Maggie's mommy, we have to take the girls to get their final flu vaccine , then take them to Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ. I'm looking forward to that, the girls will love it! Right now, though, it's time for more coffee and some breakfast!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~~Thanks for starting us up this morning, even if it is Thursday, again be careful on that ice

Schatzi~~Oh my God, I would love to hear how she tells this story to her mom Thanks for the morning laugh!!

Cottage~~I'm with you on the New Years Resolution~ I also need to quit bouncing around the same 10 flabby pounds and get past that...We can do it!!

My sister called this morning to say that my dad spent the night in the hospital due to "an irregular heart rhythm" along with some pain that he has been having. I talked to his nurse and everything is normal so far. I think a Stress Test in the plan for the day and I'm sure that he'll be fine.

I gave away most of the holiday goodies with the rest going to work tomorrow.

Yesterday I met out new neighbors. They are from Hungary and seem very nice. Although, last week (their first week in the house) they brought home a huge hog and slaughtered it in the back yard and had a pig roast for Christmas.But, Oh my, the sound made me cry . Well, yesterday they gave us a bottle of home made wine that is in an old coke liter bottle. Ya think it's safe to drink???
Old 12-30-2005, 09:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thursday has been cancelled, Smarty Pants Chickies! Those darn geese running around got me all befuddled! I edited the thread.

Cottage, sounds like you've been busy but happy.

Sil, drink it! Hungarians know their wine. I would have a problem with pig killing, however.

Schatzi, you are too much! A titter ran through the crowd. Keep your clothes on, girlie.

NY's resolutions? Sigh! I don't make them. Maybe somebody else wants to start a thread? Hint! Hint! (One resolution I should make is to get dressed earlier. I'm still in my robe but ti's very cozy!)
Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #6  
Mom With a Plan

Default Tgif

Good morning Ladies. I am finally feeling a little better. This darn cold just saps all the energy out of me. I hate it! And I have so much to do around the house. We're putting our house up for sale soon so I need to clean out the clutter. I boxed up so much stuff and threw away an amazing amount of junk-why was I saving all that? YIKES!

I'd like to work on some short term goals for myself for the coming months. I haven't done that and need to to help me stay motivated and working towards something attainable. I also need to add more variety in to my food now that I feel a little more comfortable with all of this. I may try the new cookbook. It sounds pretty good.

Have a wonderful warm sunny day on the beach!

AmyB
Old 12-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Thank goodness it is Friday! I'm ready! Only 10 more hours to go until I can go home. Have the weekend off, yippee. My house is packed with visiting family. My MIL is here and I think she's regretting the decision to be with us. She doesn't tolerate my little grandsons very well.

Ruth, I just got some yaktrax to run with, they are pretty amazing.

Schatzi, uhm, lock your door against that little girl......you are gonna give her issues!

amycue, i'm doing short term goals too....................it's time to see some success.

2Bfit, uh, I'm not sure about the wine thing......could be really good, but could make you sick.

cottage, good goal to have by Valentines. I've blown it so bad I'm going to have to re-evaluate what I can acheive.

Ruth is hinting for someone to start a thread about goal setting............who's gonna do this? Hmm, I wonder what my goal for the year is going to be?????????????????????????????????????

EVERYONE! HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm not sure I'll make it back before the end of the next year. Thanks for the great support!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Ruth--be careful on that ice today!!

Schatzi--I love your stories, I would love to hear how that child explains it to her mom, kids are sooooo funny

Hi to Cottage and 2Bfit!!!!

I went online shopping yesterday and FYI, Lanebryant.com is having an 80% off sale. I got this cute red keyhole sweater for 7 bucks. There is also a coupon for 20% off so I got it for around 6 something. Can't beat that!!!! I should stop spending money, I need all I can save w/ DB (brother) living w/ us. I'm just glad he's got a job now, but he told me it will take him a month to back to 0, he's fallen behind on a lot of his bills etc. So, what are sisters for right?

I can't wait til tomorrow. DH & I are going out to the country to visit family (DH cousin) and party for new year's. I love it out there, nothing but hills and the closest neighbor is waaaaayyyy down the road, at night you can't see anything but stars and lightning bugs lighting the fields. We're real close w/ them and stay down there many times in the year. the guys go shootin their guns and we just have a great time. As I type it, it probably sounds boring to you? But we're going to drink and play cards for New Year's.

I hope your weekend goes great and TO EVERYBODY!!!!

take care
Old 12-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Chickiedoodles. I don't know if it's exercise or if I'm coming down with something, but I'm exhausted again. After I teach piano, I'm going home and taking a NAP!

Ruthie- You scared the living buhjebus out of me this morning. I went "Oh crap, I thought today was Friday, and I thought it was Thursday ALL DAY yesterday!" Terry let me know that today IS Friday, but I don't feel too bad because I had to remind him twice within 15 minutes that tomorrow is New Year's Eve.

Schatzo- You crack me up! There's nothing like getting a new sports bra. I had to special order mine online. Apparently the main brands (Champion, Athleta, etc) think that XL means C cup, and even though they've gotten smaller, my girls still aren't any C cup. I can't wear ANY that you find in the stores. Finally I found one that Oprah had recommended and it goes up into HUGE sizes. It cost me a pretty penny, but I don't care. Unfortunately, I got it in black and I don't have a white one.

Cottage- I'm with you on the resolutions, but I've already started. Tomorrow's going to be hard because MIL is cooking for us, and then we're attending a potluck at the private club we belong to. I figure as long as I eat something before I go to each, I won't overdo it..... right?

Sil- I'll keep your dad in my prayers. That's really scary. I'm glad to hear that he's ok thus far.

Amy- Glad to hear you're feeling better!

RNMOM- HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck with the MIL!

Tammy- Have fun playing cards! I got invited to play Euchre tonight but I'm going home and sleeping instead. Have a fantastic time tomorrow!

So my plans for tomorrow are as follows: Get up, go work out with Terry, go to MIL's and eat VERY small portions of the food that she cooks, go home and sleep probably, prepare something and take it to the potluck at the club, and have a great time with friends and family to bring in the New Year! I'm really excited. I love spending time with my friends and family, and I usually don't have a lot of time to do it.

I'm ready to post some January goals but I haven't seen a Sticky yet. I'm totally excited about dieting and exercise. Can you believe it? (Especially the exercise part.) Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Lisa
Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #10  

We had a really busy day yesterday (so busy I never got to post). I went up to Half Priced Books for their sale and got lots of good books. Then DH, Brian and I met up with one of my coworkers and her daughter for lunch at Wendy's and then on to see Chronicles of Narnia. What a great movie! Now I want to read the series again. Lots more errands and then home for the Spinach Souffle Chicken from the original SB cookbook along with some oven roasted veggies.

I've lost 4 1/2 pounds since Monday doing phase 1. I've got my gym bag packed and will be heading there after I drop Brian at day care.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quick drive-by~~Just saw the info here about the Sonoma Diet. Sounds interesting. Just think, if the Sonoma and the South Beach diets could be combined, we could be relaxing on the Mediterranean Beach next year!!

Oh, I had to taste (very small sip) the wine and it is surprisingly very good. Don't know the proof % or how they processed it but it tasted great!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Nice to meet you all

Hello Ladies,
I am new to the forum and I thought I would join in on your chat. I really love this forum so far, it seems like you are one supportive and attentive group. I am start SBD on Jan 2 with my husband. I am in the process right now of putting together my meal plan and shopping list of Ph1W1.
I live in Colorado and it is beautiful here today. It is about 54 degrees out and there is little to no wind. Today I am going to make it a real point to get to the gym and get in some much needed Cardio before this weekends activities unfold.
Anyway nice to meet you all, I hope you have a good rest of the day!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Stephie! (I just love that colorful little sign!)

Glad to have you join us! Sounds like wonderful weather in Colorado today! It's supposed to be 44 and rainy here in Springfield, IL. Yuck. At least it's not C-O-L-D though.

These girls are really a supportive bunch, and you'll get to be friends with us very quickly. I personally lost 20 lbs on SBD, then gained some because I fell off the wagon, and now am on WW but they've allowed me to come around and hang out anyway.

Anywho, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #14  

Stephanie!!! (I like this one heh heh)! Weezle is Wight, this is a wonderful supportive group ! Ck out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182 for recipes, tips and OP food! ... and do join us on the daily thread....

Sil! I like the way you think Girl!!! And ... WHAT??? WINE?? WHERE? WHEN? WHO? and more importantly, Where's mine??? ...SEND some a dat dare hungarian wine down to NC! I'll send ya bottle of merlot.---after phase 1...

Ruth...tittering, cute cute...

Last edited by Schatzi; 12-30-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! I've been MIA and off plan in a major way. I go home on the 8th and will get serious about it then. I just wanted to stop in and say hey!! I'm glad to see everyone doing good and all the new faces! Have a happy new years!
Closed Thread