Support Groups - ~~ Thin Wannabees "new Year 2006" Mini Challenge ~~

CJ
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
http://my.core.com/~cjlem/snowmanline2.gif

Calling All Thin Wannabees!

Well, the holidays are soon behind us (New Years is just 2 days away) so I thought we needed a new challenge thread - How about we make this one for January and February to get us started ... then we can make another small one for March and April .. and so on.

I would love for us to check in at least once a week with our progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

I'm going to really stretch here and go for 15 lbs! I realize I have to get really serious and I have to get back in the habit of drinking lots and lots of water - I've been slacking in that area really bad! As far as exercise - we won't even go there for now - lol. So, my goal will be to lose 15lbs (or more) and to drink at least 80 oz water daily!

So, what's your goal??? Come on, hope to hear from everyone! If we do a lot of mini goals - we could get to or close to our total goal by the end of 2006! How cool would that be?

Love, CJ ;)
Thin Wannabees Moderator

Trixie14
12-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey There!

I will say my goal(s) for January and February are: To start cleaning up my eating, start exercising at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week, and TRY to lose 5-10lbs! :)

GonnaLooseitagain
12-30-2005, 09:24 AM
My goal for Valentines day is 165lbs! That will be 9lbs in 6 weeks. I am pretty sure I can do it. That will give me a 50lb total loss, and then leave that last 10lbs to loose before my bday in March.

DebbieA
12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Thin Wannabees!

I would like very much to join your group and your challenge. My name is Debbie {Sherry's friend}. I too realize I need to get serious with my weight. I had lost some before the holidays but guess what...yep I've put it all back on. My main goal for 2006 is to get healthier and feel better and the first thing is a good weightloss program.
Starting with 15 pounds before Valentines day.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Deb

TrinaS
01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I want to join too. I am new to this site but love it. My goal for Jan/Feb is to weigh 245. That would be a loss of 12 pounds but I am hoping that 1-2 pounds a week will be an average. I have just begun my journey (again). My other goal is to exercise at least twice a week for at least 30 minutes each time.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar013/slider-woman/lb/262/150/257/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Allensmom23
01-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Ok! I'm really going to push myself here! I got a 6 week membership to the gym for Christmas and need to use it! I went today, that's good start!
Here's my goal: to excercise 5 days a week
-to drink 2 liters of water per day (I have a 1 liter water bottle)
-to lose 10 lbs by January 29th.
I would like to lose that 10 lbs by the 16th, when we go to AZ, but that's totally not realistic for me.

teahoney
01-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Well, I already joined an April Fools challenge and that is to lose 27 pounds by April 1st. So if I break that up then that would mean that I for my challenge with you guys I would lose 18 pounds between January and February. Good luck everyone...

Kikisugar
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue2/cartoonstar01/lb/210/125/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Hi there,

After too much food and alcohol while on vacation over the holidays, I'm ready to turn over a new leaf. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and unattractive. My goal is to get out of the obese zone (my BMI is 36) and into the merely overweight zone and finally by August 2006 into the ideal zone. I'm ready to begin losing weight!

CJ
01-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Welcome everyone! Glad to see so many joiing this challenge - we can do this!

A big welcome to Trixie, Debbie, Trina, and Kikisugar who have joined in with us for the first time. I hope you will post with us often and please do feel free to come join us in our regular chit chat also. We would love to have you.

Well, I stayed OP all day yesterday - even drinking my water - until ..... last nite when I broke down and ate a small piece of chocolate. But I feel I did good and am not going to worry about it .. today is a new day and I'm just going to take it one day at a time! I'm trying to get myself back on my lo-carb way of eating ... I feel so much better without all the sugar in my system. Besides, I don't want to be the "last one standing" when all of you reach your mini goals! LOL

Good luck everyone! Talk to you all soon!

Love, CJ

DebbieA
01-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Good Morning All

Thanks you for all the "welcomes". I already feel at home here. Today is the first day of my new way of life. I also I'm doing the low-carb plan. It has worked for me in the past but I have never reached my goal weight. { Until now}
I got my scales out, from where they were hidden..lol. AND they don't work anymore. Hubby has gone to Walmart to buy me a new one. I know about what they will say, but just wanted to weight this morning to start things off right.

My plan for today....to stay OP...to walk...and drink 3 glasses of water!!

Hope everyone has a great day...Deb

Sherry
01-02-2006, 12:03 PM
My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by Valentine's Day (my wedding anniversary!)

I have been a yo-yo for years and now it's time to get it off! I was doing WW and lost it all, gained it back....then did low-carb and gained it all back. I'm doing low-carb again this time. My starting weight is 202 lbs. (I can't believe that I got down to 168 at one time!) :(

I can do it!!! We ALL can do it!!!

Carol101
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Hello to all, I am Carol. Sherry & Debbie are old friends of mine but I haven't done much to keep in touch with them lately. I lost 55 lbs a couple of years ago but alas I put it back on. I lost my dad June 24th this year and my father-in-law November 29. My mom is fighting colon cancer and my mother-in-law is in a nursing home. As you can see it has been a really bad year. I am ready for some happier times and to lose some of this extra weight I am carting around. If you have room for one more I would love to join your group. I weighted in at 190.5 yesterday so it is time to change my ways. My goal is to lose 15 lbs by Valentines Day!

Carol

TrinaS
01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I made it through the day and I even exercised. Yeah! Thanks for the welcome and the support. I know we can do this!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/slider-situp/lb/262/150/255/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Allensmom23
01-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I half a liter left to go for the day. I did really good today. And I got in a great workout. My tummy muscles are quite sore after 3 days of working them hard. Can't wait to say goodbye to that bulge!
Good luck to everyone and welcome to al the newbies! We're all in the same boat and need to stay afloat!

gonna_be_150
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm in Valentine's Day challenges, so will use my same goals from those......

* Remain on induction until Feb. 14
* Exercise min. 5x/wk (min. 5 hrs/wk now, 10 hrs/wk by Jan. 14, 15 hrs/wk by Feb. 14)
* Drink min. of 100ozs water every day
* Wear size 14 jeans by Feb. 14
* Be 167lbs (or less!) by Feb. 14

G'luck everyone!!!!!!

DebbieA
01-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Girls

Sounds like everyone is doing great with their challenge. Today was my third day of meat, cheese and eggs. Jump starting this low-carb deal and trying to get the sugar out of my system too. So far it's been fairly easy, only some cravings for sugar. BUT tomorrow I can start on my green stuff. Going to stay around 20 carbs a day until I reach my goal weight.

Have a good evening everyone!!

Carol101
01-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Bad food day yesterday. But I am right back on today. I refuse to let a little slip get me down. It sounds as everyone is jumping on the weight loss band wagon around here and so I know I am in the right place to keep me on track. I can do this with you!!! and your help...

gonna_be_150
01-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Good morning :coffee:,

Carol - it sounds like you've been thru a heck of a year. My thoughts & prayers are with your mom:hug:

Carol/Sherry - I'm with you gals in the I lost this before & have regained it cycle. Stress is a weightloss saboteur. I lost 65lbs (hit goal of 150 in July/03) & in 2004 way too much crap happened in my life (not all bad, just stressful) and since then I had regained 46 of it (and now relost 21 of it LOL). You can do this!!

Debbie, how did you find sticking to MEC? I've often thought of doing it as I've heard great of great success with it, but I can't stand eggs unless they're in things like mock danish, omelets with sweet cheese filling, etc :).

Mel, Trina - good for you gals getting in your exercise!!

CJ - one bite...good for you! You're stronger than I would be. I think if I took one little bite of chocolate at the moment, I would scarf down that & anything else chocolate in the near vicinity in a matter of nanoseconds :D. I feel way better without all that sugar in my system too. I don't feel groggy all day anymore (I even used to nap everyday & I sometimes fell asleep while reading to my kids :o !!) I have way more energy now!

Kiki & Gonna - hope you are doing well!!

Yesterday I got in 120ozs water, stayed OP (18.5g carbs despite having 4 cups of joe), am almost in all of my 16's (one of my 16 jeans still doesn't fit) & exercised for 75 mins (4 different video's). And, this morning I am down another pound :).

Hope you all have a GREAT day!!!!!

DebbieA
01-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Stacie... WTG with your water intake and excerise.

That is a real problem area for me. I do like the favored water though. I LOVE Diet Mt. Dew, another addiction I guess...LOL. But I bargain with myself...drink 2 glasses of water then reward myself with a soda. Things we have to do!! Eggs aren't my favorite either, but I do love meat and cheese.

Carol...Glad you have joined us here. We can do this together. What plan are you following?

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Later...deb

brandywinered0001
01-06-2006, 07:31 AM
AS ALL OF YOU KNOW I AM FALLING BACK INTO THE OLD HABITS. MY CHALLENGE WILL TO BE TO GET INTO THE NEW HOUSE IN FEBRUARY AND TO DRINK ALL WATER AND WATER AND WATER STARTING TODAY I WILL LIMIT MY SODAS. EATING RIGHT AND EXCERCISING WILL HAVE TO COME IN STRIDE DUE TO WORKING ALL DAY AND THEN GOING HOME AND WORKING ON THE HOUSE I USUALLY EAT SOUP OR A BOLOGNA SANDWICH IM SO TIRED AFTERWARDS AND THEN 2 HOURS LATER IM DEAD TO THE WORLD. SO I WILL WATCH WHAT I EAT DURING THE DAY AND MAKE SURE I EAT AT LEAST 3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME AND I WILL START EATING BREAKFAST AGAIN THAT IS A HARD ONE FOR ME TOO. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND SORRY TO BE RAMBLING.:blah:

DebbieA
01-09-2006, 08:12 PM
The scales were my friends this morning. :lol:

I'm down 5 pounds, just in the first week back low-carbing. Now if I can level off to 2 or 3 pounds per week, I'll be happy.

My weekly challenge.

Staying OP...7 days :)
Drinking water...3 days :(
Excerise...2 days :(
I need to work harder in 2 areas.

SO....TODAY I drank 64 oz of water!!! :cb:

Have a good one girls!!

Carol101
01-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Well today is another day. :( Fell off the wagon big time this weeks so as of today.... Day 1. I am going to try the low carbing again. I haven't done that in a long time but I love meat, cheese and eggs so hopefully I can stick to it. Water & exercise are two bad area for me as well that I will have to work on. :(

Congratulations Debbie. Your doing great. Hopefully I will catch some of your inspiration you have!! Keep it up!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!

jen1121
01-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone! This challenge looked like too much fun to not be in, so I'm joining ,too! I started my diet the day after I turned 18, November 22, and so far I have lost 9 pounds! :) By Valentines Day, I am going to shoot for a 15 pound loss. I am going to really push myself to drink 7 glasses of water every day and excersize at least 3 days a week. I got a gym pass for my birthday, but now I'm payin the $25 monthly fee, so I need to use it!!! Good luck everyone with your goals! By January 1, 2007, every single one of us is going to be sooo proud of ourselves and eachother!!

DebbieA
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
:carrot:Congrats to all the losers this week!!!!:carrot:

Welcome jen.. I have just recently joined here too. Looks like you have a good start losing for the new year. Get out there and use that gym pass. :)

Down 3 more pounds this morning!!! :cb: Total of 8 pounds since Jan 1st. I also measured...15 1/2 inches...UNREAL!!

I had a virus over the weekend with eating zero carbs, that may have helped with my lost. :spin:

My weekly challenge.

Staying OP...7 days
Drinking water...4 days
Excerise...3 days {walked}
I need to work harder in 2 areas, but better than last week. :)

Sherry
01-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Monday weigh-in (2nd weigh-in):

Down 5 lbs!! :cp: A total of 7 lbs GONE FOREVER!!!!

Great job Debbie!! :carrot: Good job ALL loosers this week!!!!!!

DebbieA
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
WTG Sherry!! You are doing great!! We must have been posting at the same time.

CJ
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Well .... a big rah rah - hip hip horray! for all the losers in here this week!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Alas - for me, I stayed the same! No loss - no gain! :cry: :cry: Maybe next week!

Welcome Jen! Looks like you're on the right track already - keep up the good work. Please do come and join us also on our chit chat threads!

Well ... just wanted to "check in" ... Keep up the great work everyone!

Love, CJ

Sassy
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-plaid/slider-but6/lb/225.5/155/192.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Sure guys, I am in for this challenge, this is just what we need.

Since I got in late into this challenge and January is almost over, and there are only about 5 weeks left, than I want to lose say 8 pounds by by the end of February. I have already lost 33 pounds so far and hope to keep on going.

I will also faithfully exercise, drink my water and stick to my program. This has to be the year I do this. We can ALL do this.

Sherry
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Monday Weigh-In:

Down 2 more lbs!!!!!!!! Total of 9 lbs. since Jan.2nd!!!!! :cp:

Ok...Who all are loosers this week?????!!!!!

DebbieA
01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi Girls!!

Wtg Sherry and CJ!!!

And to all the LOSERS this week!!

I'm down 3 more pounds this week too!! :cb:
Total of 11 pounds since Jan 1st.

I didn't do very good on my water or excerise last week. :(

Trying harder this week though!!!

Sassy
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi guys,
I am here and doing pretty good too. Went to my WW meeting on Wednesday and lost 1 1/2 pounds so that is nice to have that loss. :dance:

Sherry-Way to go with the 2 more pounds, you are doing so great. :jig:

DebbieA-Wow YOU GO GIRL! 3 more pounds gone forever. Gosh you and Sherry are sure kicking butt aren't you guys? :cp:

WE CAN ALL DO THIS! Come on the rest of you losers. Come on CJ, Carol, Jen, Brandy, Stacie, Mel, TrinaS, Kikisugar, Tracey, Dee, Trixie, and anyone else who want to join us. Post with us and let us know how things are going, no matter what. We will help motivate you. Together we are strong. :bravo:

Sherry
01-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Any loosers this week????

Monday Weigh-IN:
I stayed the same. No gain...No loss.

CJ
01-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Me too Sherry - the same - no gain - no loss!

Let's kick some butt this week!

Love, CJ

DebbieA
01-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Ok girls...What's going on?

I stayed the same too. I am really going to tighten down on myself this week. That is the only way to get this weight off.

Sassy
02-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi all,
I did good today at my WW meeting and am down another 1.8 lbs. I am very happy. I just have to keep it up and do everything I need to be doing to get where I want to go.

Debbie, Sherry and CJ, Don't worry, at you least you didn't have a gain and I'll bet if you just keep on doing what you plan to do, it will on you guys. I just know it. Today is a brand new day for everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!

How is everyone else doing? Post and let us know!

Sharon

CJ
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Good for you Sharon on your loss! Keep up the good work!

Love, CJ

UFSeniorGirl
02-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I just found this Group today, and I would love to join. I usually just go straight to the WW boards, but today I decided to explore other areas. I just re-started yesterday, so my challenge will only consist of the rest of February (3 weeks and 3 days). I want to be down to 214lbs. (then I will no longer be considered "obese" by my BMI), which will be a loss of 12 pounds. I know this sounds like a lot, but since I just re-started I will probably lose a lot of water weight. I'll see how my first week goes, then I may need to adjust that number. Good luck girls, you are all doing so well!! Hope to get to know you ladies better.

DebbieA
02-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi Girls

Welcome UFSeniorGirl!! I've been here a short time myself, but this a great bunch of girls!!

Down 2 more pounds this week!!

13 pounds since Jan 1st!! I get depressed some days, wanting to lose faster. But these pounds didn't come overnight and I'm not going to lose them that fast either!!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!!

jen1121
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello again everyone! i was a bad bad girl for quite some time and went off track, but i am back into action!! the bad phase put 4 pounds back on me, but im still down 6 and hopefully down more tomorrow (mondays are my weigh in day) i'll keep you girls updated with all my losses, hopefully only losses ;)

i hope you all are doing well!!
ttyl,
jen

CJ
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats on everyone who made their Jan/Feb goal - and to all who almost made their goal - and to all who tried! I have started a new EASTER challenge - so please come join me there - we have 6 weeks and WE CAN DO IT!!!

Love, CJ