South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A New Pet Thread - Spoiled Pets

This morning I heated their towels in the dryer so I could give them a warm rub when they came in! Now that is over the top!

How spoiled are your pets?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

OMG, if I grow some more hair on my body would you do the same for me?

My Susie is spoiled so I thought LOL, she gets a 1 - 2 mile walk every day from DH, then breakfast. She sleeps in my $900.00 chair (yes I cover it lol) she thinks its HER bed. She gets ground real meat with her dinner evey night. Is that spoiled?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

I love my animals to death and think that I spoil them but NOBODY spoils their pets more than Ruth does, so don't even try
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #4  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

My doggie is not TOO spoiled, but my parent's poodle prefers Wendy's french fries to McDonald's. I am so not kidding. How spoiled is THAT?

Jessie
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Jessie, LOL at the poodle going for Wendy's fries!

My mother made homemade quilts for my kitty cat and her two puppies. That's kind of spoiling them, what with all the work that goes into quilting!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My parents' weenies are 100% spoiled rotten. They sleep in the water bed, have little doggie beds strategically placed around the house so if they should feel like laying down somplace besides the couch, chair, or waterbed, they may. They shouldn't have to lay on the floor! Who would do that to a poor little animal? Throughout the day, if they're in the dining room or kitchen on a doggie bed, Mom or Dad will scoot their bed into the sun for them.

They get a little dry and a little wet food mixed, but first you have to put the wet food on a plate, heat it for 15 seconds, then put it in their dish and cover it with the dry. Do it differently and Sophie will look at you, look at her dish, look back at you as to say "What is this garbage?" and finally scoot the wet around so the dry can be on top. And God-forbid they get some of THEIR DOG FUR in their water dish. One little hair floating in it, and neither of them will drink from it.

For Christmas, they got SO many new toys. My parents' newly remodeled living room is constantly littered with dog toys and/or chewed up bits of rubber from dog toys. And forget it if you think you get to have a blanket! They belong to Oscar, every single one of them!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Weezle~~That is too funny
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

My kitty is a lot less spoiled now that we have DS running around, poor fing! But she still gets a can of Chicken-of-the-Sea tuna every holiday (cause it's her holiday, too!), so she's not too badly off!
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #9  

When I got my beagle she was already 6 years old -- her owner had to find a new home for her, and she was already SPOILED!! No breed spoils quite as much as beagles IMO. My only rule when she came to live here was, I just got a new couch, so no Julie Beagle on the couch, that was my only rule, it lasted about 10 hours -- five years later my much awaited new couch has devolved into a type of a dog bed, she spends about 20 hours a day there.

Thank God I don't live in a rainy climate, because for her to go outside to pee, I have to hold the umbrella OVER HER....while I get soaking wet....and my neighbors look at the window and laugh at me, oh, I'm telling ya she's one spoiled B****, LOL, but cute though....
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I want to come back as one of Ruth's dogs
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #11  
Ready!!!

hI EVERYONE,
JUST A QUICK one as I soon have to go to bed....work tomorrow.
going to start back on the beach new years day, for those that remember I have my first year behind me.....lots of changes and new ways of life.
As for pets.....my Lucy and her new sister "Vivian"I love them more than most people (cats) and if people don't like them don't come to my house. I don't know where I would have been without them..............

Love to you all,
Tazcat
tazcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #12  

I have one very spoiled house cat who basically runs form me to my husband for pats and rubs and then we are pushed in one corner of the bed while queen kitty is stretched out on the rest of the bed. She was an abused kitten and she only like her family, although she does attack my sons legs every now and then.

I also have a classroom box turtle who is very spoled. She will only eat one kind of food and I played battle of will with her because I bought her another brand of food and I figured if she got hungry enough she would eat. She would look at it and then go back to her hiding spot. So after 5 days I went and bought her the food she likes. She ate it gleefully and smuggly knowing she won the battle of wills. The kids love her though and she loves the attention she gets from the kids.
chilichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

CRK--that is so funny about the quilts, my mom made quilts for my 3 babies. Each one has a different color and she even sewed a velcro square that we fill w/ catnip!!!!!

We have an 8 year old calico that is DS's and she weighs about 15 pounds. She is only spoiled by DS, but whenever you get up from the couch or recliner she runs to it so she can lay in the warmth of your butt!!!!

The other two we adopted, they are himalayans (Jack & Diane) My Diane I call Lil'Bit cause she only weighs 5lbs. But something happened to her back leg about a month after we got her and she had to have a hip replacement and knee surgery. So for 3 months she was kept in a kennel in our living room. Everyday I got her out and held her like a baby so she would feel part of the family, And I would put extra ice in my glass to build the condensation so she could drink the water driplets while I held her, but that is what made her spoiled. So, now when we drink she runs over when she sees the glass and puts her little head up for a drink. She rubs her head on the coffee table, or should I say conks her head to get our attention and rolls around to show her belly when she wants attention. She sleeps w/ me everynight and in the morning sits with me in the bathroom while I get ready for work.

I think Jack is the least spoiled but when you lay on the couch he hops up thinking that your neck is his spot and rolls on his back so you can rub his belly.

I've gone on and on about my babies, how spoiled is that?
Tammy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:26 AM   #14  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm not a South Beach regular, but I just had to respond to this thread!

My Basset is SO spoiled, that when I moved to the UK for a year, she came with me. And so did my 2 cats. THEY all flew on a brand-new British Airways 747 while I suffered on an American Airlines plane that was probably a DC-10 (or smaller) built during the Carter Administration.

I also have a set of carpeted steps so my Basset and my Bassador (Basset/Lab) can get up onto my bed in comfort.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #15  

Oh my !!! these stories are ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!! and Tammy - aww.. so glad lil bit made a great recovery...such a good mommy!

I have 2 furbabies Darby and Casey.. They are Toto dogs (Cairn terriers).. and compared to you guys , these two have a horrible life LOL...They are allowed everywhere.. Darby sleeps in the bed with us, and casey likes to sleep in her room (The spare bedroom) and must sleep on at least 2 pillows .
They eat pretty much what we do... well okay, they love vanilla ice cream sooo, a few times a week, they get dessert..and I make them chedder dog cookies..
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote