PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Do you check your blood sugar daily?

After my last doctor's appt, where the official diagnosis was IR, I decided to get a blood sugar meter. I check it 6 times a day, have been doing it for a week. (Doesn't bother me at all - she didn't say I should do this, I was just curious as to what foods/drinks were causing it to go too low or too high) But, what I was noticing was that 1/3 of every time I checked it, my sugar was lower AFTER I ate than before?! My dr said that's a tell-tale sign of IR acting up but I'm not on met or gluco. (Wanted me to check to see if insurance covers it and it does) Anyone else have this problem?! Does Metformin just level it out more? Is it a pill and is it like Phentermine? (appetite suppressant) I'm on that too....
thecatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Hi there. I am new to IR but I don't check my sugar at all unless I am feeling like they are low. (I went through that whil pregnant with my oldest daughter) I would sweat, get dizzy, sick to my stomach, really tired. I did this today at work actually and had to come home, after a low I am really fatigued for the rest of the day. It was my fault though. I took my metformin this morning before I left for work at 6:30am and hadn't eaten anything for breakfast or lunch and this all happened at 2pm.
I am not sure about the lower after eating so sorry I couldn't be of more help. I just wanted to share and hope it helped!
~Sharon
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote