Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #1  
takin it one lb at a time

Talking lets get pumped for the new year!

okay everyone... what're you gonna treat yourself with when you meet your mini goals?? here are mine:

199lbs: Get my ears pierced again.

175lbs: Get a pedicure.

150lbs: A tattoo.

135lbs: New clothes!

Every 10 lbs.. a small caramel frappacino. *drool*

And for every lb i lose... I'm going to save $1 to put it towards my new clothes fund.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I had 10 lb goals - I was all about the positive reinforcement. My rewards were:

180 - new sandals
170 - massage
160 - new clothes
150 - fancy hair cut and highlights
140 - another massage (same person, she noticed!!)

I got a tattoo when I reached my goal weight It's a Chinese proverb that means "dripping water can eat through stone." I wanted it to remind me every day of all the little changes I've made to be healthier. My weight loss was the culmination of hundreds of tiny efforts. Well, what I really wanted it to say was "don't **** this up" but that wouldn't have been as pretty or as eloquent!

Freshly done - don't click if a tiny amount of blood freaks you out! It looks huge in the picture, but it's about 2.5 inches long, in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades.

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/vie...attoo_finished
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #3  
takin it one lb at a time

that tattoo looks so pretty. I'm thinking of getting a flying bird to represent freeing myself from my depression and my weight.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #4  

Losing the weight is reward enough - looking better in my clothes is all the motivation and reward I need. I'd rather use incentives like these to reward myself for hitting my goal of going to the gym 5 times in one week, or chosing things other than food when I am feeling bad. What's hard about losing weight is that the payoff from your actions isn't immediate. So eating the right number of calories today isn't going to get me to my goal weight tomorrow (but it will eventually over time). I want to give myself rewards to help me sustain my healthy habits and get me through the times when the payoff isn't immediate.
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 6"

I am going to reward myself for every 10 pounds with something to relax with. Maybe a fashion magazine, romance novel, rent an on demand movie from my cable. Or, I could spend an afternoon at the beach. (I'm thinking out of the water, shorts and t shirt. No bathing suit for this gal at least til 75 pounds gone. )

For every 25, hmmm... Since I can't think of anything specific, what I will do is get myself a $25 gift card to do some shopping.

At goal, I want a spa day. I would love to get a facial, massage, just be totally pampered. It's something I would not do right now, cuz I have so much to lose and feel so ick looking that I don't want anyone to see me. Yeah, with a 100 pounds to lose, I'm gonna be kinda hard to miss.
yukimfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/143/128

Height: 5'9"

I am absolutely in love with this one pair of boots that I saw in a store, and if I can lose 3kg by february, I will get them.

I've always struggled to find things to reward myself with, but I think it works better for me to find something I want, then treat it as if I have to earn it.
dietcokeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #7  

Someone (melissa) said she was going to put $1 for every pound they lost. I really like that idea. I think I will also start doing that.
trudei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

hibiscus -- I like your idea of finding ways to reward yourself more immediately! BF Skinner (famous behaviorist) would be proud of you!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #9  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

My hubby has promised me a weekend getaway to Vancouver BC or Las Vegas if I reach my 185 lbs. goal in April. That would be nice, as we haven't had a vacation for soooo long. A good incentive to lose! I think Las Vegas sounds good - it's so rainy here right now

penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:18 PM   #10  
Tomb Raider In Training

I plan to put $10 per pound lost into a special savings account. I'm going to a Russian field school in August, so the more weight I lose, the more spending money I'll have to play with.

Also, I made a deal with the boyfriend that if I can whittle myself down to 150lbs by February 1st, he'll buy me the corset I've been eyeing at Fredrick's of Hollywood for Valentine's Day.
Actinide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:13 AM   #11  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

I'm not sure what to do when I reach a goal. If I ever do so. I don't know.. Hmm I guess its something to think about, suggestions welcome.
Thehopefulcry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #12  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I tend to set mini goals by the week--like an item from Bath & Body or a book I've been wanting...maybe even a pedicure. I think for ONEderland, I'll probably spring to get my teeth professionally whitened. I want to do a trip somewhere when I hit goal--that might be going someplace warm in the winter but right now the destination is a bit open (and will probably be guided by finances too )

Hey Thehopefulcry2--I think it's really important when you have so far to go to set some really juicy rewards along the way. It can be discouraging just to think about your goal when you know that it may take a couple years to get there. Maybe set a significant goal at each 10% of body weight lost? And then pick out something really special for you for, say, ONEderland (when you hit 199) since that would be achievable in about a year (plus or minus a few months depending on your plan and body--boy, our bodies are so unpredictable!). But...with a year's notice or so, you could plan a little vacation somewhere. Another suggestion (from someone who started about where you are)--BUY CLOTHES along the way! It's a long journey and having nice fitting clothes will make a HUGE difference! You could plan clothing rewards maybe every 20 pounds (I just hit the 40% off or more sales and it's not that expensive to pick up a couple pairs of pants & some tops when you change size).
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #13  
Who'eva I am... Accept Me

Default Pumped 4 Tha Holidays!!!

PUMPED 4 THA HOLIDAYS! Yeah that sounds like a plan!
YESSSSSS I CAN! YES I CAN!

Ok I'm a Newbie and I am all 4 it. So 2day i will confess my weight in all honesty, and take U all along the slow DECLINE... Yeah, sounds real good.

I knew reading the trials and tribulations of fellow overweight/obese/chubby/plump women going through what I was going through would make me secure enough to bust outta the closet and shout my weight 2 tha world... U know Y? because with your support I know I can get through this!

{{{{{{I'M 350LBS NOT PROUD BUT HAPPY, AND YESSSSS I CAN! YES I CAN LOSE IT}}}}}}}}

So starting 2day I will incorporate PROTEIN and MORE WATER in2 my life!
Gtta go on my way 2 GNC

Thanx 4 tha ears
FatNFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:39 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

When I hit goal I'm getting new speakers for the car....I kinda blew up a couple of them. Everytime I crank up the sound I am reminded of how much I want to hit goal.

FatNFab - your enthusiasm (and avatar) is infectious....I'm off to the gym!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #15  

Need to lose 5 lbs. to get back to my target weight.

Reward for getting there: manicure

Reward for staying there 3 months: fancy haircut/color.

I was at that weight for well over 1 year, but gained some in November/Decomber (not much of a surprise there!). I did lose 1.2 in December so I feel like I'm back on the right track.

Happy New Year to all.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote