Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #1  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Default Note to Butter Cookies: You are NOT the boss of me!

...although I’ve been acting like they are lately! I was actually doing OK with ignoring the holiday treats till some time late last week when I had a bit of something I hadn’t had in a long time: butter cookies from a holiday tin. I had forgotten how much I loved these. The damn tin is so big it’s still half full and in the break room! And my landlady thoughtfully left a tin of them outside my door on Christmas day I’ve eaten half of them by now. No more I say! It was combination of boredom during my days off and pure gluttony that did it I think. Now that the holidays will soon be past, I’m going on sabbatical from all sweets and from any alcohol after the New Year as well. These are things I enjoy immensely in the moment, but in the long term I know it is being healthy and fit that I will be able to enjoy all the time!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:39 AM   #2  

Last edited by Smilla; 02-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Smilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 AM   #3  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I had other things that tempted me over the weekend, but I suppose it's the same experience for all of us. I have been thinking of my hunger/appetite as The Beast and after letting it out to play a bit over Christmas, I'm having a hard time getting it back in its cage this week!!! One of my sisters gave me a bunch of movie passes (cool) for Christmas along with FOUR giant boxes of movie candy (ack!). Thank goodness none of them was close to a favorite variety so I've put all the candy in a sack and I'll take it to work next week (I'm on vacation 'til then) and let somebody else eat it.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #4  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Smilla, you're a much stronger woman than me. I really should learn to throw garbage food where it belongs - in the garbage. I grew up in one of those households where it's a sin to waste anything, especially food.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Regift

Instead of throwing it away, regift it!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

If you can't regift it (and DON'T give it to someone trying to lose weight!!), flush it, girls!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:54 AM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

A clever chick posted a solution to disposing of temptation food.

Yes, you can throw it away. But imagine someone catching you digging through the trash to recover those tasty morsels!!!

The clever chick sprayed windex on the yummies before throwing them in the trash.
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:00 AM   #8  
Elizabeth

Dear shananigans,

I KNOW you are strong enough to do what you need to!

I can relate to your mentality of ---waste not, want not---throwing away food is a sin.

However, I have learned, that another sin is gluttony. Gluttony is a sin which can REALLY hurt you----emotionally and physically.

If there is a food which I KNOW I will be sorely tempted with and will possibly lose control of my best efforts to eat like a human being --I dispose of it. Hey, it is either the trash or my stomach.

Sometimes, I have to choose the lesser of 2 evils.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #9  
Elizabeth

Really show the butter cookies WHO is the boss----give them a toss---into the trash!!!!!!