Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #1  
Bread is my Enemy.

Default Anyone else's gym almost empty?

My gym in chelsea has been super empty during the evening rush hour, I even noticed @ another branch of Bally's the reduced the classes schedule... kinda makes me dread the after new years rush, looks like i'm going to be fighting people for treadmills again lol
BrOOklyN ChIcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #2  

Our gym is really empty, coz it's shut!!!! They are only opening between 8 and 4 for the rest of this week, then they close until Wednesday 3rd Jan. It's driving me crazy, because I have to leave for work at 7!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #3  
Bread is my Enemy.

that totally sucks! hard enough to go when you don't want to, but even harder when u can't go when u want to!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Height: 5'4"

I used to go to that same gym.... the ballys on 6th avenue?

it's a slow time for the gym.... just wait for that new years rush
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #5  
Bread is my Enemy.

yes the one on 6th...not the best out of the areas gyms but it works as i work on 15th and 8th.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:39 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

Yes, mine is nearly empty too. It was closed from 4 pm Christmas eve til Tuesday morning, and will be the same for New Year's weekend. It's always closed on Sundays anyway. I too am dreading the New Year's rush. A new "express" gym has opened though, so maybe folks will join there? It just has cardio machines - no weights, and NO SHOWERS! But it's part of a statewide chain, so that appeals to folks who travel. Mine is a locally owned gym, with no associations with other gyms, but til this express opened it was the only one in town. The next nearest is are 15 miles west, or 35 miles south.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #7  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No, mine is busier than usual. I think the people who usually go in the evening are off work and so they're going during the day. The gymn's also run a clever promotion: 12 days of Christmas for £12 (about 24 $US) where you can go 12 times before the end of January. It's been a popular present and Christmas visitors are using it too.

There are more super fit people than usual as well. I think some of them are rock climbers (it's that kind of area), some are visitors who are fitness fanatics, and the rest - who knows? I could be one of them next year if I carry on like I'm doing!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:59 AM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Mine is open during the day but I have to work so I've not been able to get there this week. I remember new year last year and I'm not looking forward to it, I like being able to use whatever I want whenever I want. Still, at least this year I can be one of the scary fit people
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote