Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #1  

Default Support for Kitty

As you guys know Kitty had back surgery. I thought we could post some well wishes here so when she is able to get to the computer (though it may be a while) she will be able to see them all in one place.

Kitty!!!

We miss you and wish you a quick recovery!

Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 PM   #2  

Prayed for you Kitty! Hope you are soon up and about and pain free!!! Back surgery has to be tough! Know we care!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #3  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm back. Had some medical complications. Got home yesterday 12-28. Will post more later.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #4  

Still praying for you!! I hope things get better.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #5  

Thinking about you, Kitty!! I hope you're doing well!!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 PM   #6  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sistas old & New:

Thanks for your support. I don't think I posted all my troubles, but starting too feel better every day, altho, physically I am miserable. It will probably get better, soon. Have to go Thursday & have some sutures removed.

About 3 days after surgery, my hemoglobin started a downhill slide (probably from blood loss during surgery). So they messed around till about Tuesday, then decided to give me a couple units of blood. I was all set to come home Tuesday, then they wouldn't let me go. Hgb had come back up, but was still low, so they let me come home Wed. Taking nasty iron caplets now - go to dr Tues for recheck of blood.

I was allergic to the tape they used on my bandages, and broke out in big blisters where tape was. I still have one really big spot on my butt, more itchy now than anything else.

All in all, I don't recommend the recovery period from this surgery, but already I don't have the bad pain in my back that I had before. My left leg was a little weak & numb, but that is getting better. I haven't weighed yet, because I'm so swollen (back, legs, feet). So when that goes down, who knows how much i'll weigh?

Sorry this has gotten to be such a novel, but I haven't talked to any of the Sistas since Dec 22, I have a lot to say.

Thanks everyone for thinking of me...the Sistas are always here for each other. I love you guys
Old 12-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #7  

Kitty!
Lots of for you!!! I hope your Hbg gets back where it should be. The recovery from this is gonna be long and hard I am sure, but when you are done it will be a small drop in the bucket of time. You will feel so much better and hopefully be able to live your life without the pain. My best friend's mom had back surgery and it took a while to recover but now she says it was really worth it. Don't worry about your weigh in right now, just relax and get better. I sure miss you around here everyday so I hope as you get your strength back you able to come around more. I need serious kick in the can!!!!

Don't worry about writing too much I am the queen on the marathon post! With only toddlers to talk to all day this is my conversational out let...if you think my posts are long you should talk to me in person LOL!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #8  

Kitty...I'm just getting back on here from being gone on our trip...I hope you are doing well. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers during your recovery!

BIG HUGS!
Closed Thread