PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #1  

Default WI lady, new here, need a buddy.....

I am going to be 35 in April, and am trying to get my body back from pcos...it seems like dragging a car with no wheels up a muddy hill...
Luvhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #2  

Hi! I am also from Wisconsin and very new to PCOS. Maybe we could give each other some pointers. I feel lost at this whole and where to start my battle of weight loss. I am glad I found this site and realize that I am not the only person dealing with this!
carebear630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #3  

Hi carebear630, I am in south central WI, where are you? I know this pcos thing is such a bummer, I get my 'why me' moments often. Do you have children? We are currently adopting our 17 y.o. foster son, though we have not been able to successfully concieve on our own. Glad to hear from you, when did you find out you had pcos?
Luvhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #4  

I am located in the Fond du Lac area. I found out three months ago that I have PCOS. I am currently fighting the insurance company because they don't want to pay for the ultrasound to see if I had cysts. This is all still pretty new to me. I don't have children yet (trying to stay positive) but I hope we can have one. My doctor said the next step would be to try clomid. Did you ever try it? I just wish I were as lucky as other women and not have to go through all this.
carebear630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #5  

Hello,
My name is Barb and I'm 31 years old. I live in South eastern Minnesota. About 30 minutes away from the Wisconsin border. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1996. I've been overweight most of my life. I was lucky enough to get pregnant naturally. While I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes. So far I'm not diabetic. Last week I joined Curves and am starting their diet. It's a low carb diet. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose.

Barb
oreonibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #6  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreonibbles
Hello,
My name is Barb and I'm 31 years old. I live in South eastern Minnesota. About 30 minutes away from the Wisconsin border. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1996. I've been overweight most of my life. I was lucky enough to get pregnant naturally. While I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes. So far I'm not diabetic. Last week I joined Curves and am starting their diet. It's a low carb diet. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose.

Barb

Welcome Im from west central WI. Good luck
Thehopefulcry2 is offline   Reply With Quote