Support Groups - ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit Chat #10 ~~

CJ
12-27-2005, 05:45 PM
http://my.core.com/~cjlem/welcomedollz1.gif

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees! :cheer:

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!! :gossip:

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

CJ
12-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Ok .. chat away! Don't forget to check back on the last thread for any messages you may have missed!

Love, CJ

Allensmom23
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Sherry- I'm eating A LOT LESS!
Breakfast-rasin bran and non-fat milk
Lunch- cottage cheese and turkey sandwich
dinner- random healthy food (chicken, a lean pocket, a salad . . . whatever)
snack- a tuna sandwhich, turkey sandwich, cottage cheese, yogurt . . whatever is little and good for me)

For exercise- well . . . my fitness club member expired so I've been doing what I can. I go mall walking with my baby, run up and down my stairs, do crunchies, and various other things.

I did get a 6 week membership to the gym for Christmas, so I'm, starting tomorrow. That should really help me reach my next goal. I'm hoping somebody will get me another 6 week gym membership for my birthday which is in January. I know it's kinda expensive, but I'm hoping b/c it doesn't fit into our fixed budget right now!

CJ
12-28-2005, 01:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!:woo:

Hope you have a fabulous day!

Love, CJ

Allensmom23
12-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok, I'm not getting to the gym tonight! Allen got his shots today and he's too cranky to drop off in the childcare room while I workout. They'd just bring him right back out again!
I got my period and I want chocolate so bad! I asked my husband to bring home some m&m's after work. It's ok once in a while, I guess!

CJ
12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
http://my.core.com/~cjlem/NewYear.gif

I thought I would pop in and take this moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year since I may not be able to tomorrow - our son and DIL will be in tomorrow and we will be at friends house for New Years! Just staying in having dinner with family and friends. By the way, I am about to start a new challenge thread so please everyone come join in ... It will be called THIN WANNABEES "NEW YEAR 2006" MINI CHALLENGE ... hope you will all join me there!

Love, CJ

GonnaLooseitagain
12-29-2005, 10:19 PM
ok, I did pretty good over the holiday, I thought I gained 2 pounds, but when I got back on track a couple days ago, I got my water intake back up and realized I was just retaining water. (THANK GOD) I ate like a piggy...for 3 days.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

DebbieA
12-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello Everyone

I would like very much to join your group. My name is Debbie {Sherry's friend}. She has already told me so much about this group, I feel like I know some of you. I have posted on another forum in the past. I am looking forward to posting with you where the main goal is weightloss and support for each other. I have also posted my mini challenge.

Happy New Year to all my new friends.

Deb

GonnaLooseitagain
12-31-2005, 04:28 PM
HI Debbie, welcome!!!

CJ
01-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends. And I hope you are all getting back on track with your eating programs so we can all meet our goals this year!

Debbie:
Welcome to the group! I am so glad to have you join in with us and am really glad to have Sherry back with us too! What a sweetheart she is and any friend of Sherry's is a friend of mine! So post a lot so we can get to know you better! Glad to have you in our group!

Allensmom:
Good luck with your gym program! Hey, did you enjoy your chocolate? Don't fret over it .. I had a piece last nite too.

OK .. calling all Thin Wannabees who haven't checked in yet!

Teahoney - Slyvia - Sharon - Sherry - Sweettooth - Wannabaloser - Stacie - Mazarin - brandy - gonnabe150 - ( If I missed anyone I apologize) ... and I hope we see the newbies from the winter challenge post with us too - Trixie - Trina - Kikisugar ...

I do have my new computer set up finally ... it's working wonderful - I am slowly getting all my programs set up again. Then in the evening I work on my new laptop, getting it all set up too. Yes indeed, I was a very lucky (spoiled?) gal for Christmas!

I'll be back later to check in ... I'm thinking of making a weekly food journal thread (again) for us to post our daily food intake ... I will if anyone is interested in posting on it with me. Let me know.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Love, CJ

Nightingal
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi to all you thin wannabees.Sounds like a great group.....I just found this site.Sounds like fun.I'd love to get into the wannabee group.I've lost 645pds, so far..But would love to loss somemore.Any advise?

Suzanne 3FC
01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Welcome to 3FC, Nightingal! Wow, 645 pounds? Is that a typo? :bravo: We hope you'll reach your goal with us. Congratulations!!

DebbieA
01-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Morning all

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome here. I am looking forward to posting on a thread where everyone is so supportive. I starting my new program this morning because I felt too bad yesterday {too much partying New Year's Eve..I guess...lol} But anyday is a good day to START!! Right? I am also doing the low-carb thing. I know it works if I work it.

Welcome Nightingal! I am new here too. Me and Sherry are in Tennesse too. I live near Nashville. Where are you? Sounds like we need advice from you. WOW 645 pounds!!! That's great!!

Goal for today....Stay OP...walk....drink 3 glasses of water.

Have a great day everyone..deb

Sherry
01-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Hello All :wave:

I'm here CJ!! Just trying to get my house back together. I go back to work Wednesday.I have missed you girl!!!!! :hug:

I weighed this morning and I've gained all my weight loss back.:devil: Today my starting weight is 202! I will get this weight off!!! I'll do low-carb again because I know it works for me.

I won't be able to start today because I'm on clear liquids all day & taking Fleets liquid laxative & Dulcolax for my colonscopy in the a.m. A good time to start back on track huh??????

I'll post more again later after I finish the house.

Sharon....Where are you???!!!!! I sent you an email hon!!!

Allensmom23
01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Yay! I got to the gym yesterday, finally, and it was wonderful! I had so much energy afterwards! I'm hoping to get there tonight too, but Mark went to work at 4am, and he's napping. Hopefully he'll wake up soon so I can go.
I got one of those big workout balls, my mom showed me a bunch of great stuff to do with them that really work your abs. That's my trouble area after having Allen.

Carol101
01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
This sounds like a great group of people. I hope you have room for one more. I already know Debbie & Sherry and can't wait to get to know the rest of you. I started back OP yesterday. I am just starting out watching portion control. The last time I had a substantial weight loss, I did it just counting calories. I think I will stick with that for the time being. I am looking for a group with lots of support to give and am willing to give that support back.

Carol

Sherry
01-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Carol!!!! :hug: So glad you posted here!! I wondered what happened to you! I've missed you girl!!! Yep....we're going to get support here & lose this weight!!! Love ya!!

Allensmom23
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Just popping in quick here. I just had a great workout in my own living room. It feels good to be doing this again!

CJ
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Oh wow! This group is getting hot hot hot!!!

Welcome Carol to our group! Like I told Debbie - any friend of Sherry's is a friend of mine! My name is Carol also .. but everyone knows me as CJ ... so we won't be getting our names mixed up - lol. Can't wait to get to know you better ... Once again - WELCOME!

Nightingal: Wow! Is that 645 lbs? or 64.5 lb? ... either way, great loss! Sounds like you should be giving us advice. Welcome to the group. Hope to get to know you better.

Sherry!!!
I love love love your new picture! So glad to see you posting in here .. I have missed you also! Glad to see a few more low-carbers too ... that's what I am doing and it sure will help. I was doing low carb last year (oosp, I mean in 2004) and was really doing well - lost 14 lbs on it ... then for some reason got a bit careless, and put back 8 of those 14 and have maintained that weight since. Once you go off low-carb is is soooooo hard to get back on it. I have done pretty well the last couple days but know I can do better!
Good luck on your test in the morning .. will be thinking of you!

Well ... had a very frustrating day today. Trying to set up my new desktop computer. I have always used AVG free anti-virus program but for some reason with my new computer my firewall will not let my Outlook Express or Incredimail (which I prefer) mail come thru the AVG mail scanner! So, after many hours of trying this and that - I activated my Norton program (which I hate but did not want to be unprotected) and removed my AVG program and my mail works great! But I need to somehow find a way to use AVG cuz I just plain do not like the Norton Virus Program! So that is what I did most of the day!

Talk to ya all tomorrow - going to bed now! Have a "computer headache" ... it's so frustrating sometimes!

Have a great night everyone - and once again WELCOME all the newbies!

Love, CJ

gonna_be_150
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Holy Cow - I'm such a dork :lol:. I didn't realize I had subscribed to the thread & not the forum. I was a little surprised when noone posted for such a long time and thought you had all disappeared :D.

Did everyone make their holiday challenge goals? I'm happy to say I made all my goals. My original goals were -

"Would love to be 180 by Dec. 31. Would be happy with 185, but happier with 180". I got to 177, so 3 lbs more than my goal :carrot:

"Need to get my water back up again too - hard to do tho with winter knockin' at the door. Last thing I want to drink on a cold day is a cold glass of water - ugh! Going to try for a min. of 64ozs/day." Am drinking between 100-140 ozs/day.

"And the dreaded E word. Need to exercise at LEAST 3x/week." Am exercising 5x/week for about 1 1/2 hours each time.

My measurements are considerably different too (smaller that is :) ). Welcome to all the new Wannabees. My kids are demanding my attention so I'll have to try & catch up with you all later!!!!

Sherry
01-03-2006, 01:12 PM
After taking Fleets & Dulcolax all day yesterday, I feel like I lost those 50 lbs. I need to lose!!!!

I got my results from the upper scope today. The biopsy was good. No cancer. She has put me on another medication because my esophagus has so many lasions & abrasions from taking asprin products over the years, having previous surgery & Barrette's! I have a LONG list of medications I can no longer take.

My colonscopy today: And I have a 6 mm polyp in my colon. A biopsy was taken. She said she ususally doesn't worrry unless they are over 2 mm. Please say a prayer for me. I also found out I do have IBS too. She has me on Symax DuoTab for this.

I'm so droggy, I must lay down.Just wanted to pop-in and let you know.

CJ
01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Sherry - thanks hon for the update ... I'll be keeping you in my prayers about the polyp ... get plenty of rest and think good thoughts.

Love, CJ

kmg2005
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm a newbie to this site but not to dieting. I follow WW, either the points plan or core,depending on my mood. I've lost 28lbs in 3 yrs and the last 8 I've gained and lost about 4 times. Its time for be to get consistant and drop some additional weight. My highest weight was 278. I now weigh 250.2. I would love to lose 21 lbs by the 1st of spring and that is my goal. I will do some form of aerobic activity 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I'm going to do my best to eat healthy, be kind to myself and not to eat in the middle of the night.
Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I plan on figuring out how to put that weight loss chart up on my posts.:carrot:

Allensmom23
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi all! Sherry, glad to hear it wasn't cancer! Praying that all else is well for you.
I've been having a cranky day today. I went to the gym and blew off steam for almost 2 hours! Felt good.

Carol101
01-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone.

Sherry I am so glad your biopsy was good!!! I am praying for a good report on your polyp also. I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago. The night before of taking all those laxatives is the worst.

So far so good at staying OP. I have been watching what I eat very closely and feeling really good about it. I need to drink more water so my next goal is to work on that.

Lets go ladies... it looks like we are all on the right track. Lets make 2006 our year!!!!

Carol

gonna_be_150
01-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Sherry, am also glad to hear the biopsy was good. I too had a colonoscopy...oh about 10 years ago or so. Nasty bloody things they are! My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Welcome KMG! :wave:

Have a great day all!

Allensmom23
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
ARRG! I'm SO frustrated with my body right now! I've been eating realy good, and only when I'm hungry, drinking 2 liters of water a day, and working out everyday for an hour or more. I weighed myself today and I'm up 2.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping it's just b/c I have my period, but I'm nearing the end of that so I'm not sure if that could be it or not. I just feel like I've been working so hard for nothing!

Carol101
01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Hang in there Mel. I am sure you are just going through a plateau. It will pass and then you will drop several pounds at once. You can do this.... !!!

brandywinered0001
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok Guys I Need A Brow Beating I Have No Time No Energy I Am Not Drinking Water Like I Should Have Been On Here Lately And Have Not Been To The Gym Ever Since I Was Sick.... Help I Feel Like I Have Lots My Enthusiasim And My Mind. Work Is Crazy Home Is Crazy And Were Moving So Ive Been Working 50 Hours A Week And Painting And Stuff The Other Hours With Lack Of Sleep Tell Me The Insanity Will End Or At Least My Life Will Be Back On Track So..... Help

gonna_be_150
01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey Mel, it could be any number of things. You're working out a lot thereby gaining muscle which we all know weighs more than fat. Ate something salty causing you to retain water. TOM...could be it too even tho you're close to the end. I noticed last month & the month before that my weight went up at the end instead of the beginning of it? Makes no sense to me at all LOL. I'm really guessing water weight tho, because you would have to have eaten at least 10,000 calories yesterday to go up 2.5 lbs of fat so quickly. Don't give up - you're doing great!!

Brandy - it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now. Plus, being sick...I find after I've been sick, it seems really difficult to get that motivation to exercise back again. All I can say is just do it. On days I don't want to exericise, I force myself to do it anyway and about 10 mins. into my workout, I'm enjoying it. It's like my battery needs a boost LOL.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!

Allensmom23
01-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Stacie-thanks for the positive outlook! I spoke with a trainer today and she said it's really probably just water weight. But just in case, I'm counting calories for now. But I definatley did not eat 10,000! Wow!
Brandy- hang in there girl! You know painting and moving are great workouts! I'm sure things will settle down! But drink your water! It will halp you feel a little more energized to get all the toxins flushed out!
Going to the gym tonight for atleast an hour. Mark get's done work at 3, so I figure I'll go around 4 and when I get home make dinner. I'm making chicken breasts. Not sure with what, though.

gonna_be_150
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Mmmmmmm, chicken breasts, sounds like a good idea. Wonder if I have any in the freezer??

I like to do something super easy...take boneless & skinless chicken breast and pound it flat. I like to spread a bit of cream cheese on it, slices of prosciutto (or whatever meat ya like...bacon is good too), add some pre-cooked spinach, shredded mozza &/or feta & roll up, closing it up with a toothpick. Takes about 1/2 hr to cook in a 350 oven. I love this.

If I know I'm making this in advance, when I'm at the store, I'll get havarti or provolone to use instead of the mozza.

OK...now I KNOW what I'm having for dinner. I don't have any prosciutto so off to the store :).

DebbieA
01-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Stacie :wave:

Your dinner sounds great. I usually just grill my chicken breast and use some carb-well BBQ sauce. I truely need some new chicken recipes. Being a southern cook, I have to admit I didn't know what some of those things are...LOL. What is prosciutto? My guess would be a type of cheese.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!! :)

Deb

teahoney
01-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I could have sworn that I posted here earlier today. Anyway, I am back on track and I feel much better. I'm actually happy to be back exercising, it makes me feel so good. It appears that whatever poundage I gained over the holidays is gone so I'm assuming it was mostly water weight. So I'm hoping to see at least a little loss by Sunday. I'm kind of hoping to be at least 289. I want another decade already.

CJ
01-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh my ... look at you gals go!

gonna be:
Way to go on making all your holiday goals! You did great - keep up the good work! Those chicken breast rollups sure do sound good .. we are having chicken breasts for dinner tonite also with asparagus.

Kmg:
Welcome to our group! I hope you like it here and post with us often. You will get lots of support here - so check in often.

Mel:
Like everyone else has said I'm sure that is a temporary water gain or muscle wt .. you are doing very well so keep up the good work.

Carol:
I'm with you - I think 2006 is going to be our year for all of us! I too am working on my water intake .. each day gets a little bit better.

Brandy:
It does take a little extra push to get yourself back on track after being sick. You have to just keep trying harder. As for the water, you have to just keep drinking a little more each day and soon you will even start to crave it. That's what I am working on myself right now ... I used to be a great water drinker but got off track and now am working on getting my quota in every day. I'm getting there .. slowly. If nothing else right now, that water is very important!

Teahoney:
Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you too are back on track!

Sherry:
How are you feeling girl? Have you heard any news yet? Keep positive thoughts!

Sharon:
Hey there! Where are you? Miss you!

Slyvia:
Got your card - thanks! That Geno is sure a cutie! Wow, he's getting soooo big! You need to get in here too - we miss you!

Um, well we have gone way over the 30 posts for this thread so guess it is time to start #11. So see you all there!

Love, CJ