Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! New Challenge!

Sheri~C
12-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone, Having just finished with my Christmas Goal Challenge and exceeding it I am starting a new one. This is for anyone who wants a challenge, Starting now or January 1st whichever works best for you.

I am pledging to lose 26.6 pounds which will bring me to the 200's which I have certainly not seen for some many years now. That gives me 94 days in which to succeed at this goal at about 2 pounds per week which is very manageable for me.

Our Christmas goal group lost over 150 pounds I would love to beat that amount this challenge.

I hope to see a lot of people join me in this new challenge!

:newyear:

PsycoPhat
12-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Holy cow. Do I need to work on my attitude! I was thinking about joining by matching your goal of 26lbs to lose. Then I thought "big deal, what's that going to be I'm still going to weigh 195lbs and I'll still have a lot to lose" Well, I guess I need to adjust my 'tude and realize that I didn't get fat overnight, so I'm certainly not going to get skinny overnight. Sheri, I'm going to joing your challenge! Do you have any other challenge goals, or is this just to lose the weight? I'm starting NOW by the way! :D

HiImChristine
12-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm in. The junk food is outta the house. LETS DO THIS! :)

FL_Chickie
12-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll join you in the challenge. :)

teahoney
12-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm in. My birthday is not long after April Fools and I would love to be able to say I am thinner at 27 than I was at 26. Since my scale only measures in half pound increments, my goal will be to lose 26.5 pounds or I'll be even bolder. I'll go for 27 pounds since it'll be my 27th birthday coming up.

We can do this!!!

icedragon6669
12-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I am in!
(although i have only 6 to get rid of!)

My biggest goal will be sticking with the fitness!
by april fools, i will be able to :-

run 7km! in under 1 hour
10 full pushups (not knee ones)

And maintain my weight within 160 - 175 pounds.!!!!!!!!!

Here goes!

Loser2B
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I am a newbie, but I am joining the challenge. April 1st is my bday (I will be 37), it would be a great gift to myself to be thinner. My goal is 30 lbs.

candoitby06
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Count me in.....I'm shooting for the 100's by the 1st of April and am starting now....

Do you do weekly challenges or is this the only challenge? How about weigh ins? Give me the low down and lets get started on kicking the weight demons out of our lives!

Congrats on being so close to your goal icedragon!! 6 more pounds ought to be a breeze for you!! *Cheers for your success*

alsten02
12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Count me in too! Want to really lose 20 lbs by April at least. ... last two days ive been on a binge fest from over stress... i could really use the support here ... we can do this ladies!! :carrot:

chrmiller
12-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I have a bar mitzvah on the 1st of April!!! Wouldn't it be great to buy a new slinky dress (well, not too slinky, I have a long way to go.

I will go for 30 lbs. 190 (now) - 30 lbs by party time = 160!!!!!
That will leave me with only 20 lbs left!

** Stacye **
12-27-2005, 06:51 PM
This challenge fits right in with my original goal date of March 31st - so count me in too!

I'm going for the remaining 32 lbs on my current mini goal ... so let the losing begin!!

GL girls ... we can do it! :D

curvygurl
12-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Im in, this will be my first challange and I am excited!!!!! :cp:

alsten02
12-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Im in, this will be my first challange and I am excited!!!!! :cp:

Welcome to the site!! This is the perfect place to begin :D

yukimfat
12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi
Count me in. I don't know what my goal is, yet. I am starting my diet after the first of the year. I'll post my starting weight and goal on Jan 1.

I have to say that just reading the forum is getting me motivated, so I feel good. :D

dgpebbles
12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Count me in

I am going to challenge myself to lose 20 lbs by April fools...I'm with Morgan and would like to know more about having weekly goals, weigh-in's, etc...

I know with the group we got started already today that we all are going to do great on this challenge...

Sheri~C
12-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome Everyone!:cheers:

It looks like we are off to a great start already:

PsycoPhat: if you have any suggestions for mini goals go ahead and throw them out and everyone can decide if they want to jump on it. I like to set lot's of small goals for myself, for this week I have upped my water intake another 32 ounces just to see if there is any change. And if you start to feel like the amount you are trying to lose is just a drop in the bucket find something you can compare it to in your life and it will help you visualize the reality of how much it really is. Everytime I feel like 42 pounds is not enough I look at my 6 year old who weighs exactly 42 pounds right now and I realize I no longer have a 6 year old boy attached to me it sure puts it all into perspective for me.

Christine: I like your attitude! We will rock at this challenge!

FL_Chickie: you are going to be amazed at how successful you can be when you join a thread like this!

Tracy: 27 pounds by the 27th birthday is a great goal, we will be here to celebrate with you!

Sonja: I know you will provide lot's of inspiration especially for those of us who are excercise challenged, I am so glad you came!

Loser2B: Your name says it all, Welcome to the site you will get all the support and encouragement you need here!

Morgan: As you say we will be kicking some demons, and I like to post my weight loss every Tuesday after I weigh in. I am following WW witha few personal modifications of my own which I feel have kept me on a great losing track. Others may be on different programs and weigh in on different days, just post your weight loss on the day that works for you. It is a good idea to have a separate tracker for each goal and then it is easy for the rest of us to see how you are doing.

alsten02:Yes the holidays are very challenging, and I posted this now so we can get our heads into the right mindset to keep from straying to much farther through this final week of treats and goodies!

chrmiller: Mazaltof! We will be here to cheer you on!

Stacye: You are right, we can do it and we will do it!

Julie: Your first challenge, it will be fun and you will see how much easier it make it to have everyone here to share with! Welcome!

yukimfat: Glad you are going to join us, make sure your goal is reachable it can be better to start out small.

dgpebbles: You are right we are all going to do great, how can we not when we already have such a great start.

I would suggest for the first week we have a minigoal of maintaining our weight as it is today until our next weigh in as we have a lot of parties and events still to come. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself this week as that sometimes makes me want things more than I usually will.

A goal is a dream with a deadline."Steve Smith

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Ohhh... I am in... We are looking toward a cruise in late June or back to Vegas... this will be the kicker....

I am in, I am in, I am in... Just a little MANTRA to start my journey!!!

Good luck to all!!!

Fatwhisperer
12-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I am totally new to this website. I would love to join in the April Fools weight challenge!!! My family starts on Jan 1st the family edition of "the biggest Loser". So this gives me more incentive to lose. My goal is 30 pounds by april fools. That happens to be my husbands birthday so happy birthday to him.HAHAHAHAH. We weigh in on the first of the month so I will be posting my weight changes then.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10722;120;0;0/c/-5/t/-30/k/7e65/weight.png

penpal
12-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm in for 10 lbs! I'm going to set smaller goals for next year as I was a bit too optimistic in the past year and was disappointed when I didn't meet my goals. This should be do-able as I'm averaging a 1 lb. loss each week. Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

val40
12-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Count me in!! I am also new to the site and am eager to get started. My husband and I are starting WW together Jan. 2nd. I think this will be a great motivator. My goal for April 1st is 30 lbs. Good luck everyone!!! :carrot:

Val :)

alsten02
12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmm, a mini goal for me this week is to probably up my water intake , which has been lacking a bit. And to keep myself more occupied, i find the more alone time i have, the more I seem to crave the junk thats around here. haha. So thats something Im determined to work hard this week with it.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I in........ I want to lose 29lbs by April 1 that will bring my weight down to 200lbs.:carrot: I really want this so tell me whats next....

Leigh

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/slider-scale/lb/229/200/229/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

And so it starts

almost there
12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Count me in too. I will try to lose 15 pounds (weight will then be 120)! I know that this is OT, but can someone tell me how to get the tracker on the bottom of your postings??? Thanks

AnVy1221
12-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Sheri C - You know that I am in for the April Fools Challenge. I did so well with our Christmas Challenge that it would be a major let down to not have a challnge thread to post to for support. I met my Christmas goal of 15 so I'm kind of swinging between 20 - 30 for my new goal. Well, I think I'm going to shoot for 30 (which would put me at 164 - a healthy weight) which would be just in time for starting Grad School at the end of March.

My goal for this week is to clean up my eating and up my water consumption. I am also going to do a detox for a fresh start after my really bad week (somehow Christmas bled over into a week long food orgy). I gained 5 pounds since last week but I know that it is a lot of water retention as I ate lots of salt and I'm PMSing too. I hurt my knee on Christmas but I got back into the swing of exercise today and, as long as I take it slow, I know I will be ok. I have changed up my workout and am now doing weight training 3 times a week and cardio 6 times a week (cardio = elliptical, running, and biking).

tsots
12-27-2005, 11:25 PM
I am in too. I have little over 15 pounds to go to meet my goal, but if I could achieve 26lbs then that would be great too. But for now I'll shoot for 15lbs... I am glad to join the group. Good luck everyone!!!

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 11:27 PM
You can click on any one of those tickers and it will take you to the site to design your own... When you have completed it, it will give you the url to post it to this site. Just copy the url and go to your profile (user cp button on header) and go to edit signature. You can paste it in the box and save...

You can track your weight or go by the weight change... I did both for my challenge goals....

Good luck!! Hope this helped!!

alsten02
12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
My goal for this week is to clean up my eating and up my water consumption

heh, exactly what I need to do. I just cant believe how horrible i feel after my bad eating. Its so great to have this thread started, really now pushes me to stay focused!

tsots
12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I just cant believe how horrible i feel after my bad eating.

Feeling is mutual. I also just can't believe how bad my eating was for the past few days. And my weights up too, but I know some of it is probable water, so I need to increase my water intake which I am doing. Only thing made me feel little better is that I stick to my workouts during the holiday. So, it feels great to join the group, it will keep me motivated.

emerald dragonfly
12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Count me in also!! :carrot: I'll figure out what my goal will be tonight and let you all know in a couple days. (I've been feeling ill and probably won't be on for a couple days.)

emerald dragonfly

Katrina_Marina
12-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Please count me in!
New also.
April 1st is the day of my best friends wedding- the day I wear a gorgeous strapless dress that currently does not fit.
So I find this a perfect challenge!

futuresurferchick
12-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi--I am so in, this is exactly what I need!! I too have turned Christmas (in fact, my whole Christmas break from school) into a food orgy and every day I say I am going to get back on track and it just does not happen. Part of it is that I don't have a reliable scale here at home so I have been unable to just weigh in and be done with it.

Anyway I think I will make my goal one of clothing sizes. Right now I am a size 26 in pants and I would like to be a size 22 by April 1st..... can someone tell me if this is a realistic goal??? :)

sweet_pea
12-28-2005, 04:53 AM
ME TOO!!! I'm in...

Let me think about all my goals. I have soooo many e.g. getting to bed at a decent hour instead of staying up late to play in 3fc forums hehe.

I want to lose 10kg = 22lb. given that i have been the same weight (within 2kg since april) i have to decide if this is a realistic goal for the 3 mths. I lost 10kg quite quickly in a few months to get to this weight but since then i have been in a rut.

will report back with my goal

nice to meet everyone :wave:

kathyhegg
12-28-2005, 05:05 AM
I'll join in too. I'll have to work out how many kg's I want to lose by then. At least 10kg I think.

MAlex
12-28-2005, 05:28 AM
I'll join in. I challenge myself to stay OP at least 5 days a week,get in my morning exercise daily,and lose 27lbs. by April 1st.

dietcokeaddict
12-28-2005, 08:08 AM
my birthday is ON april fools!!! Okay I am going to shift my lil goalies around a bit and try for 8kg by april fools day.

I am really excited as this is my first challenge, but I am ready!!

icmethinner
12-28-2005, 08:30 AM
I'll go for 30,which will put me near my goal by then!

I have a lot of stress in my life right now - which usually means I eat and gain, but not this time!

alsten02
12-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I'll go for 30,which will put me near my goal by then!

I have a lot of stress in my life right now - which usually means I eat and gain, but not this time!

Sounds exactly like me! There is quite a bit of stress around me right now. Having support to keep going is very vital to any of us

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Wow, sounds like we have TONS of motivated people to get us pointed in the right direction!! AMAZING! I havent checked in in just one day and there are 2pages of amazing ladies that are ready to take this challenge on feet first! We WILL be a success!

Every has their own stories but we all have the same goal...to lose weight. That alone is going to bring us success. Each of us can contribute something that someone else may have not known. Ok, I'm done being corny. lol.

dietcokeaddict: are you still drinking soda? I kicked my diet pepsi (ahh rivals from the start. Can you actually tell the difference between diet coke and pepsi??? Theres an age old question!) addiction and lost nearly 12 pounds!!! That was my first step towards the thinner me and I was amazed with the results. (I still indulge every now and again with a soda with lunch but definately not the 6 a day I was drinking).

Whats everyone doing for exercise? Anyone hate it like me? I have just started the Billy Blanks bootcamp and hes probably the only human being I hate in the world. WHAT A WORKOUT! I cringe when I see him, really I do. ;)

Hope all is well with you ladies!

Ciao!

dietcokeaddict
12-28-2005, 09:01 AM
yeah i am a definite addict!! but i'm not ready to kick my diet soda habit just yet because drinking one tends to quell my craving for sweets :)

someday, though, i will be in the 12-step program for coke(a-cola) haha

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-28-2005, 09:04 AM
I put my goal in my journal today and i am ready to work on it.....this is going to be good i feel really good about this...good luck to all :hug:

Leigh

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Hahaha 12 step for coke (a-cola) huh? Seriously, you go through DT's I swear! For the first week I was jonesing!!! I was shaking, sweating, irritable! My hubby said if I didnt chill out he was going to divorce me ;). When I am craving something sweet, I too reach for a diet pepsi....its a healthier fix then the snickers bar that I typically want.

Save kicking the habit for those last 10 pounds that are taking forever to creep off ;) hehe

This is going to have me laughing all day.....12 step program lol I might have to share this one with my hubby....totally his kind of humor!

Ciao girlie!

Dee2121
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Challenges usually work well for me within my business, don't like to let people down.

It also keeps me motivated to hear what others are doing too.

I am just new (today) to the losing weight thing - - I will work on this with everyone - 2 lbs per week - and will do my best! Let's see, how to get started ;)

I did start one of those tapes that everyone has posted - but haven't figured how to get it into the posts yet.

Dee

MAlex
12-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Whats everyone doing for exercise?

once motivated to get going,I love to exercise (don't hate me,lol). I do the Firm and other videos and power walk/jog.

PhysDom
12-28-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm in!!
Let's see, I'll start now, but I'll only try to lose 1.5 lb/week starting on the 1st of January. (it gives me a cheater head-start of a few days...
So, Jan 1 --> April 1 = 13 weeks = 19.5 lbs
Current Weight = 154.6 lbs
Target Weight = 135.1
But this is below my goal weight of 140...

So my OFFICIAL goal for the April Fool's Challenge is 14.6 lbs to get my down to 140 lbs. This is an average of 1.12 lbs/week.

I can't wait! If all goes well, me being skinny will be the best April Fool's Prank ever!! I'm excited to join the group and the excitement.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-28-2005, 09:53 AM
i am on the mountain dew 12 step program and my big helper is the crystal light "on the go" packs i am kickin a 3 a day habbit and now i got it down to one a day i hope i will not feel the need for one today....

leigh

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 10:40 AM
My lifesaver is the flavored/carbonated water....almost like soda....just minus the sodium. Did I mention I hate billy blanks? I just finished up my tape and I feel like I may die. lol. I had an exercise seizure (thats what it looks like when I work out), my daughter was smiling and laughing and I was quite offended ;) (shes 4 months old) lol

melfire
12-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I want to join too!! I want to lose 25 lbs bt April Fools Day.

Cant wait to get to know eveyone. I too will start on Jan 1.

dgpebbles
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
WOW this thread has taken off...There's a lot of motivation here along with some great goals.

I just bought the biggest loser dvd workout and did it today for the first time...It was a good cardio but lots of leg lunges which was a strugle for me...I know i will be sore tomorrow

I haven't really found a cardio workout that i like very much yet but I do like the quick fix-Total mix dvd workout...It lets you design your own workout..There's 3 for abs, 3 for buns and 3 for arms/legs...I've done it in the past and you see results fast...Great toning dvd.

Also I am trying to deside on buying a treadmill or a exercise bike....Does anyone have a opintion on which one they recommend

Donna

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
i cant do the high inpack stuff because of my knees i just walk and to a floor workout at night......but if i did omg i would look silly......>>:carrot: or >>>:cb: :cb: to funny. can i have a show of hands on who thinks the two are the cutes thing you ever seen..

Leigh

dgpebbles
12-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Candoitby06..
I like the exercise seizure lol.....I feel the same way when I exercise...thats one reason I don't want to go to a gym...I'd be having the whole place rolling on the ground..lol

stagemomx3
12-28-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm in! My goal is 30 pounds.

FishWoman
12-28-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm in! I lost six pounds on the Christmas challenge, and would like to lose my last ten by April. (Hopefully before April, but I will take my losses as they come).

yogachick30
12-28-2005, 11:42 AM
This sounds like a wonderful challenge and my intention is to loose 10lbs. I was reading that one should try to focus on an intention rather than a goal. If we don't achieve our goal there are negative feelings and emotions that are associated with not making it. With an intention we have a point on which to focus but without all the high expectations. Just some "food" (lol) for thought...
Also does anyone have any suggestions as a way to gage weight loss if I don't want to use a scale? I can also go by the way my clothes fit. I don't like to use a scale b/c I have a tentancy to become fixated on it and the body fluxuates so much during a woman's monthly cycle that I find that it is not a positive useful tool for me. Does anyone here use any other methods to measure weight loss??? Take care everyone and we can do this!!!!:hug:

Trixi
12-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Ok, I gave up during the Christmas Challenge and how did that work out for me you ask? Well I gained five pounds! So that's it, I am in it for the long haul.

My goal will be 23 pounds to get me to my goal weight of 125.....shoot, now I got to go to my signature and change/correct the numbers....I hate going up.....

phatpanda
12-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Definitely count me in ladies. I just joined today, so I'm all ready to do something new, but I know it'll start sliding soon and that's when I'll really need to rely on you guys to keep me going. I promise to do the best I can to keep all of you motivated too!!

My goal: To lose 17lbs by 04.01.06!:flow2:

MAlex
12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Yogachick, have you tried taking your measurements? It motivates me when the scale doesn't move in the right direction.

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Question for you gals......anyone out there doing something besides diet and exercise (i.e. supplements, diet pills, green tea as a weight loss tool)?

Just wondering what everyone is doing. How about diet plans? What are you all doing? Calorie counting? WW? Southbeach? Give me the low down!!

Did we decide on a group goal for the week or are we all doing individual goals? Just making sure I am doing what I am supposed to be doing here.

Later Gators!

** Stacye **
12-28-2005, 01:32 PM
WoW this place is rockin'!! Looks like we're going to be losing a ton of weight between now and April Fools! :carrot:

I know I posted 32 lbs as my challenge but that was before I weighed in this morning - I've been hesitant about it b/c of Christmas - I was pretty surprised to only see a 2 lb gain ... not too bad really b/c over Thanksgiving I had gained 6 lbs and I actually ate MUCH better then, than I did over Christmas ... :?: go figure!

Anyway - I'm not going to change my ticker unless I don't get these 2 lbs off by Sunday (official W/I day) ...

Challenge #2 - About 2 wks before Christmas my DH surprised me with an Elliptical - I started out great, I was on it about 4 times over the course of a day ... but then things just got crazy trying to get things done before Christmas and I've really slacked off - ALOT ... so my 2nd challenge is to workout on it EVERYDAY!

Donna :: Chosing between a bike or a treadmill huh? Well, my personal preference between the 2 would be the treadmill ... but again that's my preference ... I think either would be fine!

MAlex :: I totally agree with you about taking measurements ... I do mine every month on or around the 22nd ... It's a GREAT motivator! I also take 'during' pics wearing the same clothes - it's really cool to see the difference in how my clothes are fitting me each month.

alsten02
12-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Whats everyone doing for exercise?

UGH after losing 50 lbs i STILL cant get into it LOL ... what i do is walk around whenever i can. And even on the days when i dont go out to do something i try being on my feet most the day , seems to make quite a difference for me. ... im going to TRY to fit in at least some dancing or something, my moods havent been the best lately, so that will probably help. I just cant get into an exercise routine lol

Im doing pretty well with uping my water intake today, im pretty hooked on herbal teas, so that counts too ;)

UGHHH im too chicken to go on the scale after my two day binge fest, maybe ill have the courage tomorrow morning. ..........at least im back on track today with my eating, haha

MAlex
12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
candoitby06, I'm doing WW's Flex plan. I've lost over 60 pounds on it so I'll stick with it. I tried CORE but the scale stalled.:dizzy:

kelleen920
12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, I already thought I posted to this site I subscribed to, but I can't seem to find my post, so, I am just going to give a quick blurp, and if turns up tomorrow on this site I apolagize for the bother if you had to read me twice. I am definately in, my goal is 25 pounds, I am going to do cardio every day weights 3 days a week, drink 8 glasses of water daily, and make healthy food choices and eat in moderation. I don't think that is very difficult. I will make my mini goal for this week to drink 8 glasses of water/day.

I originally lost weight before 3 yrs ago on a new years resolution, and kept it off for 3 years until now, got lazy, stopped excercising and drinking water, cardio is everything.

Good luck

FishWoman
12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Just wondering what everyone is doing. How about diet plans? What are you all doing? Calorie counting? WW? Southbeach? Give me the low down!!

I count calories and exercise. I try to stay under 1500 calories per day. I also try to get 30 minutes or more of exercise each day. Not necessarily cardio, although I probably do cardio at least 5 days a week. I include yoga, pilates, ballet, walking, and weight-lifting as exercise.

I love exercising (well, except for weight-lifting) and get very grumpy when I can't fit in a workout.

have you tried taking your measurements? It motivates me when the scale doesn't move in the right direction.

I don't even know how to take my measurements. I see everyone else talking about their measurements, but all I have is the six-inch plastic ruler that came with my day-planner.:dizzy:

reshiegirl
12-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I am brand new to this site - I would really like to do this, but I am not sure how it works... Do I just pick a goal that I want to reach by April 1st? Is there a specific weigh in day? It sounds like it would be really great to have so much support... Please fill me in!! :)

Dawn

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm with you, I have always wondered how to take my measurements.....I mean, I know how to measure (lol give or take the littlest lines that mean nothing to me) but I always wondered where EXACTLY your supposed to measure. Bust, hips, thighs but where do the lines actually fall?

BTW, your little 6 inch ruler can work for you if you use string to go around your body parts and then measure the string on your ruler ;). Just in case you hadnt thought of that yet.

I'm doing calorie counting and exercise. I stay below 1400-1500 and typically dont even come close to those. I am trying to understand calorie deficits and all that mumbo jumbo but I still havent quite got it yet. Of course I do my *cringes* Billy Blanks Bootcamp and then on my off days of that I do a crunch dance video. I've been losing right along the last month but I am guessing that I will soon stop losing as rapidly. I just started taking green tea supplements to help boost my metabolism so we'll see how that works out.

Toodles for now

Sheri~C
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow 38 people on board so far that is amazing! I sure hope you all stay with us through the challenge!

I have a great food find to share, Whole Wheat Tortillas made with Sprouted Grain. Just a few months ago I would have made a face if someone suggested I try these but I picked them up for my son who likes this kind of thing and I decided to try one. The brand I buy is "Healthy Way" and you get 1 large tortilla for 2 points (WW) and 6 grams of fiber. This is the best tasting tortilla I have ever had. They are filling and have a great taste and texture. So if you have never tried a sprouted grain product try these.

This is my challenge for you all for the rest of this week: Try something new that is a little ouside your comfort zone. Maybe a new food or a different excercise or adding the water that you keep putting off!

What has been working for me this time around is Breakfast, I always hated eating before 11a.m. but after reading that you should eat within 1.5 hours of getting up I decided to try it and I now eat breakfast every day. I get up and have an 8 ounce glass of hot water with the juice of 1/2 a lemon and all of my supplements then I eat breakfast. Usually yogurt and berries. I have found that I have a lot more energy in the morning and more interest in doing things since I started eating.

Anyone else have 1 hint that really has made a difference this time?

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
I am on this.....I am going to add another excerise to my work out I do at night..... May be two....I am really tring to get the hips down.

Leigh

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
"1 hint that really has made a difference this time?"

I think for me, I havent been getting discouraged about not losing weight quickly, I have accepted that it takes time. It took me years to get this way, its going to take time to reverse it all.

I think thats a great challenge Sheri! I'm not one to try new foods because I'm afraid of thinking its disgusting (I'm big on textures). Earlier this month, I attemped cottage cheese (made me want to gag just looking at it) but I lovvvvved it! You never know what new food you can add to your diet by trying it.

This is going great for the first day....I am so proud of everyone for stepping up to the plate and accepting the challenge! Lets keep up the spirit!!

I'm headed to work *cringes*. Its not a full moon is it? (I work long term care) usually full moons mean bad nights for me....Its been a Billy Blanks day so I need a quiet night at work. ;) Cross your fingers for me!!

Ciao Chicas!

val40
12-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I have always struggled with drinking water. I just dont like it. :devil: The problem is not only that but that I drink soooo much diet coke. So my first step will be to increase my water and then once all the diet coke is gone from the house I'm going to try to kick that habit. Small steps. I know that over time and once everything comes together it will be worth it. I will feel so much better. Its amazing how much something, everything you put in your mouth effects how you feel. This is my time. I will be strong and I will do it.

Val :D

alsten02
12-28-2005, 06:59 PM
"1 hint that really has made a difference this time?"

Something that really helped me lose this time was eliminating NOTHING from my diet. If im craving something, im going to eat it. A single serving of it usually does the trick. Eliminating foods , (no matter what it is) always backfired for me.
This route im doing is definitely the right track this time.

kookiemonster
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm in too! My goal is 12 lbs so that would bring me to 130! It's about 1lb per week so I think very reasonable. Then only 5 lbs left till goal!:dance:
Another goal is to stick to my excersize 3times per week... EVERY WEEK. Even during exams. lol

lateralus98
12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
April Fool's Goal: 115 - 120

Arizona Girl
12-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Count me in, too! ;) April Fools here I come!

Nona :coffee2:

Fatwhisperer
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I am sooo glad I joined this web site. I need motivation. I am sooo lazy it is crazy. I hate to do actually :devil:exercise:devil:. I love to dance so I have been cleaning the house and moving to my music. The kids think it is sooo funny. I was in the store today and say a workout video that was carmen electra's learn to strip workout. It was all about danceing and moving. You are suppposed to end up with a dancers body. SO since my husbands birthday is on April fools maybe I will get a dancers body???:rofl: :lol3: Sorry my little joke. I can just see me "striping" the pounds away. Anyway I am glad to be here and I am hoping to lose the 30 pounds my April 1st. If anyone would like to e-mail me feel free. I am a stay at home mom so we are here all the time and I am going to get wireless internet soon. My e-mail is fostermomma@Msn.com. If you need someone to call you and say drop and give me 20!!!! I can do that to.:drill:
Paula
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10722;120;0;0/c/-5/t/-30/k/7e65/weight.png

Sheri~C
12-28-2005, 11:32 PM
I have always struggled with drinking water. I just dont like it. :devil:
Val :D

I know what you are saying here Val, I was totally into diet coke drinking at least 3 cans a day and I was amazed by how much better I have been feeling since I quite it. Have you ever tried adding a little fresh lemon to your water or if you like vanilla a drop or two with a touch of stevia adds a little flavor.

Sheri~C
12-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Something that really helped me lose this time was eliminating NOTHING from my diet.

You are on track with this, I agree 100%. I deny myself nothing and I crave nothing anymore. It is such a nice feeling just knowing I can eat whatever I want.

Sheri~C
12-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Welcome, :welcome2: Kookiemonster, Rachel and Arizona Girl:welcome2:

You are going to do great on this thread, there is so much positive energy I can feel it everytime I sit at the computer :carrot: :carrot:

icedragon6669
12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
WOW!

I am shocked at the number of enthusiastic people! congratulations for joining in, and lets all give each other a clap on the back, for wanting to do this!!

I love the sound of the carmen electra exercise DVD! I think i am gonna have to find that one (i love outrageous things.... )
I have been eyeing off billy blanks bootcamp, but i have his original 4 set of tae bo and do know how hard he pushes you! i loved it but didn't do it often enough. When he is in you face on the tv, you want to grab him by the ears and thump him one. LOL!

My goal is focused on excercise, being able to run! for a reasonable distance (without collapsing!)
and diet- now i need to eat more, it is hard though i feel i will gain the weight back. One tiny step at a time though.
i eat low cal, try to stay under 1500 a day. and try to excercise 4-5 times a week. (and lately i have been pushing myself to make the sessions hard! sometimes i am sore for 3-4 days after)

My biggest thing is that i don't want to see myself one april fools back to being the dispondant, unhappy, eat anything, slob that i can so easily end up turning back into! I need to continue this postive way of living, in which i feel proud to be doing what i can for my health!

As for new foods! I had a TOFU! salad sandwich for lunch!!!!!!! and i liked it!!!
I also have been attempting to drink green teas... (for a tea hater that is really hard!)

I too need to find that 12 step program for diet pepsi detox! LOL!!!!! But i figure we all still need to have something! It tends to control my hunger, if i am cooking dinner, and my stomach starts growling, a can of diet soda, stops it for long enough, so i can wait for dinner. Also when i am in bad mood, or the kids have made me upset, i tend to grab for a diet soda, instead of reaching for snacks...

good luck everyone!

!

fawnice
12-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Ok, so this would be my first challenge since I'm brand new here. We have to do this on our own? Should we already have some sort of "diet" plan in place?

teahoney
12-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Wow. I am so amazed at how many people have responded to this challenge. This is great. I've already added a new ticker to my sig. I still have my New Years challenge to meet, just four more pounds. But I highly doubt that I will losing four pounds by Sunday. But that's okay. I'm so proud of myself for losing what I have so far. And now I'm looking forward to this new challenge.

reshiegirl
12-29-2005, 12:06 AM
OK... count me in! Thanks for all of your help Sheri!

I am new to this site, but not new to dieting! I have to do it this time, for me, and I will need all of the help I can get! lol Hopefully I will be helpful and supportive to all of you along the way.

I am going to start tomorrow, as Thursdays have always been my weigh in days in the past (guess it's habit now? lol) and I would like to lose <<gasp>> 30 pounds!! That is about 2 pounds per week, accounting for a few extra 'water' pounds in the beginning. I am going to add a separate ticker as well.

Good luck to everyone !! :carrot:

trudei
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I am completely new to this site, but I am in for this challenge, I would love to be down 27 pounds by April 1st.

fawnice
12-29-2005, 12:22 AM
How can I get an April Fool's Challenge ticker?

Smilla
12-29-2005, 12:28 AM

Arizona Girl
12-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the great welcome! I tried to make a weight tracker... hopefully I did it right and it's posted below ;) I have done WW in the past and became a lifetime member, but alas, I slipped and gained most of it back.... ugh... This thread seems very encouraging and you guys post/check-in a lot, which is just what I need! :) See ya tomorrow.

Nona

wednesdaymorning
12-29-2005, 04:03 AM
I'm going to join the challenge! I'll start small - 15lbs. I love it here, I think I can do it if I keep reading this forum. :)

I second that motion. I'm in as well. This is so exciting (sorry if I'm too over-excited. I'm new here.).

I'll go for...15 pounds. That's not too much. I can do that. Cor it's excitin'. :) :carrot:

kathyhegg
12-29-2005, 05:28 AM
Val,

Dont go cold turkey with the diet coke. It is painful, as I found out last time I tried. We ended up literally pumping the stuff into me so that I could move again. I suggest slowing down to 1 can a day and then 1 every second day for a week, etc etc.

When I went cold turkey on the stuff all the muscles in my legs seized up. I was having to take heavy paracetamol tablets, and was pretty much stuck in bed for days. Now I am weaning myself off the stuff.

I've decided that my goal will be 10kg for this challenge. If I make that before April, I'll go for another 5. My intention I mean. For the next week, I'll focus on writing everything I eat again and counting my calories.

Kathy

candoitby06
12-29-2005, 07:32 AM
To help avoid the dt. pepsi DT's....replace the caffeine that you would get from your soda with caffeine from a different source like tea. Your body has gotten so used to this caffeine level every day that you cant just stop drinking it without suffering the consequences. I used raspberry iced tea and plain old green tea (yuck) to help me and it actually didnt do to bad. I was definately buying stock in Tylenol for a week but its worth it. I lost a good amount of weight just by changing one small habit. I still have one here and there, but it almost doesnt taste as good anymore!!!

Billy Blanks killed all my muscles! I am so sore this morning I feel like a 90 year old woman! I guess he didnt get a body like that without some work...but hot damn, I dont think I can work like that! I start dying during the stretch! I'll just be thankful that today is a rest day!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Good morrin Ladies

I added the new thing to my workout( a leg life with the big ball) It kills me.
I will enjoy tryin to get over the pain of this...the more I do it the better I feel..

As for the drinks you are talkin to a 3 a day habbit on Mountain Dew....I love the stuff and I have finaly got down to none :carrot: I went the whole day with out one :carrot: .....This was really hard for me....I LOVE SUGAR!!!!!

Leigh

PhysDom
12-29-2005, 09:39 AM
HOORAY!!! to everyone posting out here! How nice and busy and excited! It makes it a little tough to keep up, and I'm sort of dreading reading all of the weekend posts when I get back to work each monday... but it will be totally worth it to feel all pumped up and ready.

I already LOVE to try new foods and am always reaching for new things, and since I am also trying to clean out my fridge and freezer (I'm moving in a week), I won't go out buying new stuff this time. But when I have to stock my fridge at my new place, I think that I'll definetely try something new.

And I am planning on starting some new exercises -- weight training type things, in addition to cardio, so that can be my focus this week.

And my mini goal is to get myself back down to 153 -- my pre-Christmas weight.

1 Fat Momma
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to 3FC. Even though I really don't have a set goal for April I do for May which is not that far away. Anyways, I am a 21 year old mother of 2 who would love to lose alot of weight. Weight was never a problem for me in the past but now it's my worst nightmare. I've been trying to exersice when I can. I have a 6 week old baby girl and another daughter who is a year and a half. I am a stay at home mom at the moment and finding time to actually "workout" is very hard. I have been walking my neighborhood and doing light exersices while watching tv after the girl are asleep or while at my computer. Nothing too stenuous but I during the day I'm amost always on the move. I am also trying my best to count calories and work with the WW point system. I hope to achieve my goal of weighing in at 140 lbs. by May 25th of 2006. Right now I'm at 212 and I'm a size 18-20. Ahhhh!!! That's horrible for me.

1 Fat Momma
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to 3FC. Even though I really don't have a set goal for April I do for May which is not that far away. Anyways, I am a 21 year old mother of 2 who would love to lose alot of weight. Weight was never a problem for me in the past but now it's my worst nightmare. I've been trying to exersice when I can. I have a 6 week old baby girl and another daughter who is a year and a half. I am a stay at home mom at the moment and finding time to actually "workout" is very hard. I have been walking my neighborhood and doing light exersices while watching tv after the girl are asleep or while at my computer. Nothing too stenuous but I during the day I'm amost always on the move. I am also trying my best to count calories and work with the WW point system. I hope to achieve my goal of weighing in at 140 lbs. by May 25th of 2006. Right now I'm at 212 and I'm a size 18-20. Ahhhh!!! That's horrible for me.

Jailene
12-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm IN! 30 lbs by April Fools Day!

Arizona Girl
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
It's definately hard giving up the soda... I enjoy diet pepsi too much :) When I had to give up caffenated coffee (I drink decaf now), I slowly switched over because when I tried to go cold turkey the headaches killed me. My advice is to do it slowly so there is less pain to your body - don't be in a hurry to give up the soda overnite. Hope this helps. :)

Do you guys weigh-in on a specific day or does it matter? just curious...

How do you change the "weight ticker" after your weight changes? Do you have to redo it every time? ugh.....

Lighter ~ Nona:hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Welcome

I am not sure but I think you do have to update it every time...... I forgot to add that.... I walk every day around the building where I work next week I am movein it from 3 to 4 times around. I hope I can make it in 30mins........

Leigh

stagemomx3
12-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Good Morning All! Could we split this into 2 or 3 threads, say a weigh in thread, a challenge thread, and a chat thread? Would anyone object to that?

PhysDom
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't mind separating the threads, StageMom. Especially since this is such a busy place, that will help to keep reading posts a pleasure, and less overwhelming.
What do you think, Sherri? (I think that is the name of the person who started this, I'm remembering from looking early this morning...)

jules1216
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm ready for a challenge---My son's 21st Bday is April 1. I am setting my goal at 20 lbs lost which will put me under 200. Since I lost the 30 lbs I gained after I had him it would be the ultimate if I could do 30 lbs in 4 months!!
I'll give myself a :encore: for each five lbs lost. l want to have at least four posted by April 1!! Definitely no more Cokes for awhile--hope I survive the first week of headaches!!

Jailene
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
let me know when we should weigh in.

I am going to the gym today, so i will weigh in then, make sure I am where I think I am.... banished the scale from my house cuz i weighed too often and freaked myself out daily.... lol

wildlifebio
12-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I am new to the site and I think this would be an excellent way to get started, count me in!
My goal will be to lose 30 pounds.

Vonne78
12-29-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm up for the challenge too count me in.

http://www.***********.com/tracker.bmp/1641.gif (http://www.***********.com/)

Trixi
12-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Well today went well so far, got to the gym and had breakfast (two things I ate doing) and had a wonderful salad for lunch (it was actually very yummy) seems like with the amount of people joining this challenge we will have tons of support for each other. My hint for weightloss is not only lots of water but if you put lemon in it it helps flush the fat out quicker and you retain less. It is not a miracle but it does work if your consistant.

Also you would be suprised how many calories and carbs or in spices so be careful how much you eat.

I am doing low carb as it is the only thing that has worked for me at all and I want these last 23 pounds gone forever. I am not a sweet fan and am very thankful for that. Just like with cafeine you get headaches when you eliminate the bad carbs but after about three days your body gets use to it and the headaches leave. Hope this helps.

Dale

Sheri~C
12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Sonja, it is so exciting to have everyone join us here, I can’t wait to see our results at the end of January, I bet we will lose enough to make 2-3 people! On the Tea side of things I don’t know if you have it there but Sir Thomas Lipton Green Tea with Jasmine is very nice or you could look for green teas that have other flavors like orange and lemongrass included they are sweeter and fragrant and very nice to drink if you are not a lover of green tea. I converted my DH who hates green tea with the Sir Thomas Lipton one.

Fawnice: Welcome, you can join in whether you are on an actual program or just trying to cut back and make a change. I am on WW but I started making some changes before joining like, using a smaller plate and taking smaller bites, waiting 10 seconds between bites, parking farther away from the door etc. You can come here just for the support and ideas you don’t have to do anything to be with us here. You make another ticker just like you did your other one and save it as well.

Teahoney: 16 pounds is awesome! You are doing great, it is o.k. to reassess our goals and make sure they are not too high to reach. You just started in November you are doing it right!

Reshiegirl: Excellent, I can’t wait to see how you do!

Trudei: Welcome, the more in here the merrier,

Smilla: Welcome, 15 pounds is a great target for this challenge. I know you can do it if you stay with us in this forum, I managed to lose 2 over my target on the Christmas Challenge so I know we can do great with this one!

Wednesdaymorning: Welcome, Darn right you can do it and never think you are too excited it is that excitement which fuels the fat burning fires! Keep burning!

Kathyhegg: You have a good plan there and it is good to track what you eat that is one thing I try always to do. I found some really nice weight and exercise diarys on Amazon for not too much money and they have a great layout. I am starting to track in mine this coming Tuesday. It is good to treat ourselves well through this and give ourselves nice things.

1 Fat Momma: Welcome! You are already on the right track and we will help to keep you there, just keep posting!

Jailene: Welcome, glad to have you here!

Arizona girl and La3y_Un1c0rn_37: It is easy to adjust the tracker just click on “quick Links” and go to “Edit Signature” Then just go the the code for your tracker and find the spot that looks like this:

slider-lifter2/lb/367.6/130/325.6/.png[/img] [/url] then just change the last number each week.

Stagemomx3 and Physdom: What we did on our last challenge is to renew the thread weekly. I will come in on Monday mornings and start the new thread with the same title and that Mondays date ( ie: Losing for April Fools, Week 2- Jan 2/05 ) then everyone just needs to go to that new thread and it helps keep things under control. And since everyone has different weigh in days it is easier to just change the ticker and post your weight on the day you weigh in. Does that work for everyone?

Jules1216: Welcome and I like your 5 pound reward! Excellent goal and I am sure you will find it easier by coming here.

Wildlifebio: Welcome, You can do it and we are here to help!

Vonne78: Welcome, You are now on my list, so make sure you keep posting 

Trixi: You are right about the lemon in water, I start each morning with 8 ounces of hot water with the juice of ˝ a lemon and it works to help your liver function properly. That along with my Omega supplements and vitamins have kept me losing and average of 3 pounds a week.

It is great to see so many people coming in to join the challenge. One of my favorite quotes is this one:

Get around the right people. Associate with positive, goal-oriented people who encourage and inspire you.
Brian Tracy

I don’t think we can expect anything less than success when we have such a great group of goal-oriented people here to share with!

alsten02
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Im doing pretty well these last two days, after my two day binge fest. Ugh, I still feel like overloading on the junk, I guess my moods are still getting to me.
REALLY keeping myself occupied is extremely important. And I need to give myself little comments of praise of how well ive been doing..... I cant let myself go again!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I am not sure if it will help anyone but it does me...I keep a note book on what I eat, when I workout, how I feel that day..etc. I really like haveing something to look at and its never far from my side(i take it everywhere)
I look at it all the time I put in it the sites i need to look at and my shopping list too..It really good to have a place to put my feeling in...

One more thing is dark chocolate as bad as milk chocolate? I am tryin to stay away from it...but its hard some time..

Leigh

PhysDom
12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
A weekly thread change sounds like a great idea.
I weigh daily (and change the ticker daily, as well) so I'll just post a special weigh-in anytime something strikes me particularly well or poorly.

Hurrah to all!

icedragon6669
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone

I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning and take my sorry a** for a run!!!!!! LOL!!!! (there was a moment when i thought Nah.. I can stay in bed, then i realised how bad i would feel if i didn't stick to my plan!)

I ran most of 5.5 km (3.5 miles) and of the 40 min it took, only 6 minutes was walking! that is a record for me!
I am going for being able to run it all in 35 minutes! hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks.

Sheri - i will be on the look out for Sir Thomas Lipton, at the moment i have found the caminmille teas have the least "tea" taste, and i am determined, i think for me it is the fact i have never drank tea, so it is just the thought of it, and not the actual taste. And being summer here, i usually only make them and add cold water, so they are only warm. I was thinking of making a jug of iced tea? maybe that will help? I know a punch i used to like. you make up some tea, add diet lemonade and some tropical juice? and that was nice. If only i can find a low cal juice??? maybe just the tea and diet lemonade?

I am going to try to cut back on the diet colas? i have tried before, but i think the caffiene has me hooked, but drinking tea i am hoping reduce the soda.

Leigh - i have a book too, i put down what i eat. the total cals, and what excercise i do, it is good to be able to look at, at the end of the week and think, yes i did about 5 days this week of excercise and i ate well all week. I don't think i could get by without keeping a journal. It keeps things in perspective.
I don't think chocolate is all too bad, just try not to eat too much, it is the added things with chocolate that can add up those cals. like a chocolate bar, with nougat and carmel or nuts, or fillings. the chocolate itself is not so bad.
I like having a bag of dark chocolate melts (the cooking type) in the fridge, and a handfull of them usually cuts the chocolate craving down.

sweet_pea
12-29-2005, 04:55 PM
hi everyone. i put my name down for the challenge a wee while ago but i didn't have my subscription notifications right so i didn't know everyone else had posted :rofl:

i am ready to rock n roll and looking forward to being part of this happy motivated bunch of people. i have decided to go for it. i am going to try and get rid of all 10kg by April1 = 22lb

that means losing 1.7# each week. it will be incredibly hard i know that. but i am prediabetic and i simply can't afford to let that become diabetes. plus it's summertime here so it's a good time to be getting out and about and doing stuff. i can do this... and quite frankly even if i only lost 5kg (ie half the goal) i would still be doing darn well.

love the positive vibes here.now i have my settings right i will be back often.

today i started the day with 750ml of water, lemon juice, and a multimineral tonic then blueberries, yoghurt and nuts. i am doing ok!

dawn7672
12-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm new to the site. I would love to join the challenge. I have been looking forward to joining in on a new challenge since finding this site. This will definitely keep me motivated.

HW:250
CW:244.5
mini goal:194.5 (april 1,2006)
goal:150

dawn7672
12-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-purp/muffin/lb/250/150/244.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)the ticker at the bottom of my post

Sheri~C
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Sonja: I know the difficulties of cutting out the soda, but I still drink a regular one now and again. Coke makes a mini can that is 100 cals for the can so I keep a couple in the fridge for when I need a soda fix. When I need a chocolate hit I invest in some very fine truffles from a shop here, I buy only 1 ounce at a time and I sit and enjoy every bite. I usually do it every 6 weeks or so and since I know it is coming it helps keep the urge down.

Sweet_Pea: You sound like you have everything in place for a great start and as long as you come here we will help you have a great finish as well!

Dawn7672: Welcome! That's what we are all here for motivation and support keep coming and keep posting! as for the ticker I don't have the answer for that I just set up my signature and the site does the rest. Maybe someone else knows what is happening there?

And as for myself I managed 13 minutes of a Leslie Sansone video, it is a very manageable workout and even though I don't much like walking the way she sets it up it is not like walking and it is a good way to work myself back up to a good aerobic workout. I am even thinking about joining Curves once I get a little stamina built up. I will try and do at least 15 minutes tomorrow and someday I hope to get close to Sonja's pace:dizzy:

emerald dragonfly
12-29-2005, 09:57 PM
My personal challenge by April 1...to lose 18 pounds. Sounds reasonable to me!

Good luck to all!!!

emerald dragonfly

** Stacye **
12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Just poppin' in to say a quick HELLO ... I can see that this is going to be a very busy thread and not to mention ... hard to keep up with too! :dizzy: :dizzy:

Down 1 lb this morning ... 1 more Christmas lb. gain to put me back on track! YaY!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday evening ... toodles for now!

Drink Water

sweet_pea
12-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Hi again

Sheri ~ you are doing a fantastic job keeping in touch with everyone! thanks again for starting this thread

well done to icedragon for running. i'm not at that stage yet but i am still pretty happy with my day. i ate well. lots of veges 5-6 servings today plus fruit and protein. all good. i had a small amount of chocolate and some lemon lime and bitters so it was a good balanced day. went for a walk and did heaps of paperwork today. it was incredibly productive!! i just hope i can keep it up. i'm always afraid i'll overdo things and crash and burn.

kathyhegg
12-30-2005, 04:36 AM
I am not sure if it will help anyone but it does me...I keep a note book on what I eat, when I workout, how I feel that day..etc. I really like haveing something to look at and its never far from my side(i take it everywhere)
Leigh

I went out and bought a Stenographers notbook today, and I'm using one side for food and drinks, and the other side for exercise and feelings. It has a red line down the middle. And its worked well today.

Kathy

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Remeber to keep all good things in it. Keep tell your self that you are doing a good job.......you need to behine your self 110%....We all are :carrot:

Leigh

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Keep up the good work....sounds like you had a better day at work than me at work...My walk did not go to well I had to cut it short because of the mud puddles:( I hope its dryer today so I can get back to the full walk..Sunday is my weigh day I will update my tracker and Post it on Monday....Pray for good news....I hope there will be some:D

Have a good day ladies

Leigh

Jailene
12-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I found myself actually EXCITED about dieting and this challenge! I should take my temperature!

Dawn, you sound a lot like me. I am also in my 30's with children. I think part of my biggest issue with not taking care of myself is the fact that I do have 5 kids and a significant other to care for. He is in computer sales, and he works constantly, and i find myself in charge of the 17 year olds work schedule (she had an accident last april and is still uncomfortable behind the wheel), her club schedule, my 15 year old's softball schedule, the 12 year old's karate, the 10 year old's track, and the 9 year old's softball as well. then theres dinner, mountains of laundry, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rats, and one fish with an attitude, lol. did i mention i work full time in the insurance industry? I guess i am the one I let down the most.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
ok I have to say you better than me.....I would not be able to keep up with all of that...lol.....Keep up the good work....

Leigh

candoitby06
12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Jailene: Its so easy to forget about yourself when there is so much going on. I only have an infant and a hubby and I'm lucky if I get to shower....I cant imagine having 5 kids, a hubby and 7 animals!!! Just keep in mind that you need to be healthy for them to be healthy. "If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy" thats what I always say. Just recently, I went on a cleaning stike for a week and low and behold, my hubby stepped up to the plate and took over. Well, kinda. Even if its just an hour a day, you really do need time for yourself. I dont know anything about you and tell me if I am out of line, but I think hubby can step up and help you out some. You deserve to be healthy. I am rooting for you!! You can do this, its just going to take extra work! Let me know if you need a kick in the butt....I'm here to give em!

On a side note today was weigh in day and I am down to 230.5 (how come the tracker doesnt do 0.5 lbs?). Also, I am wondering when my rapid weight loss will begin to taper off. I have been averaging 5-6 pounds per week and I know this is not a long term loss. Anyone have thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
Ciao Chicas!

Jailene
12-30-2005, 09:32 AM
yes, of course he can. and he does when he is able......sometimes, lol.

yeah, its a lot on my plate, and yeah, its a crazy schedule, and yeah, i hate it sometimes, but it is what it is, i guess, and i just need to make some positive changes for all of us.

scrappinRN
12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
:hyper: I need a place to come to get and give. I can't believe where I am at in my weight! Where did it come from? Oh well, no time to think about that, onward and upward( I sound so profound, not):dizzy: Love reading from everyone and I hope we can do this. I will cut my goal to 20lbs(I don't want to feel like a failure if I don't succeed, I'm already there), and we'll go from there. I am going to try the journal thing that Leigh talked about. I have done this before but I always forget to write things down, but I will really, really try this time, I promise:D . Just so you know I don't think I will post my weight but my weight loss instead, OK? OK!Talk to you all later.

cinnamonspice
12-30-2005, 10:17 AM
What do you guys think a reasonable goal for April 1st would be for me? I have only been dieting about a week and have lost 6lbs yay me! I know I will loose more quickly in the beginning and that's okay. I'm at 254 now. Any suggestions for a goal by April 1st?

PhysDom
12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Ok, I'm back down to my pre-Christmas weight. *phew*
I'm still pretty sketch yon the exercise, but I know that I'll do better when I have the gym at my new apartment. Eeep! I can't wait!

chrmiller
12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Cinnamon-
I think if you have more to lose, maybe 10 lbs a month? When you get down towards your goal weight, it is harder to lose and comes off slower.

Darby1
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I just weighed myself for the first time during this holiday season. Ack! I'm at my highest weight ever. I'm very disappointed in myself. But I am going to learn how to have control over food and not let it control me.

I think I'm going to stick with a conservative 20lb loss for April 1st. I tend to get very excited about losing weight and end up giving up because I lose motivation. This year it's going to be all about baby steps. I've made a list of goals for each month and will try to stick to those.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies better, and I will be checking in every day.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 10:57 AM
True...I think I have set myself to big of a goal too but I am going to keep tring to go for it....

Darby1
12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
What sort of exercise do you all do? I like to walk, but it's too cold here in the am(and it doesn't get light until almost 6:30) and by the time I get home from work, it's dark again. I have the Firm system, which I'm going to use. I bought it about a year ago and only used it once.:( I am also thinking about buying the Yourself!Fitness dvd. Has anyone used this? I love hiking. My husband and I will try to go hiking Sunday and Monday, so that will be fun.

Anyway, what do you all do for exercise?

Arizona Girl
12-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi All... I decided to weigh myself twice a week for now, but no more than that. I realize my weight will fluctuate with water intake (and "outtake";)!) so I don't want to weigh everyday and perhaps become disappointed. I will begin student teaching in a few weeks and am sooo worried that my newly established semi-good eating habits will turn to pot.

Did you guys decide to start a new thread? Just let me know so I can pack up my water and scales... I'll meet you there!

Nona:hug:

Jailene
12-30-2005, 12:41 PM
I just pulled up my gym schedule (havent been since october, can you believe it? bad bad me), and checked my yoga times. I love yoga because it feeds the spirit as well as helps me get in shape, and if i cant do something like stand on my head-have you ever seen a pear upside down? - its okay, its dark and quiet.

they also have an abs and core class that i am thinking about trying with my daughter, she has a herniated disc, and its exactly what she needs. other than that, we like to ride the stationary bikes, swim, and walk the dogs, none of which i do with enough regularity. so i guess i have an exersize regimen, i just never partake, lol..

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I did not get to take my walk today but I will be back to it in the new year....I am going to add another lap...When I walk I sleep better and get more rest....I really feel better after my workout I do at night I do it after I eat and it make me feel no as full....

sweet_pea
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
exercise...

i like to walk but what i really love is dancing. i want to get to the stage where i am fit enough to go back to dancing classes. last time i went i put my back out and was in bed for 2 days. and a couple of times i have been out for a boogie with the girls and pulled muscles in my back.

soooo... i need to get fit, but also i need to stretch all my muscles and get them limber so a burst of exercise doesn't do me in. i have also been having massage as i have a lot of tension and pain in my back, shoulders, butt and hips. it is PAINFUL!!! :o

hey i like the idea of using the steno pad with one side for your diet and exercise and the other for your thoughts and feelings. i think it's good to put ALL your feelings in there. good and bad as it will help you see how far you've come. you'll be able to look back and see how much better you're doing

also food and mood are often linked. either you ate because of your mood, OR sometimes certain foods affect mood. eg you might have a sugar high and then a sugar low. or maybe you're allergic to foods and feel bloated so it's good to put everything in there. i do mine on the computer but i am thinking a book is a great idea so you can jot stuff in it when you're out and about :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-30-2005, 04:23 PM
oh yea is just like master card i dont leave home without it....or is that visa...

Sheri~C
12-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Emerald dragonfly: 18 pounds is a great goal. I am sure you will do great!:carrot:

**Stacye**: This is going great and I am sure we will have great success!:flow2:

Sweet_pea: Thanks, I didn’t realize we would have such a great turnout for this thread. It is sure keeping me busy which keeps me out of the kitchen!:lol:

Kethyhegg: I know you will find it very helpful to track both your food and exercise. I know my son has been doing it faithfully for the past year and he always knows exactly where he is with his weight. He also weighs himself every morning and it is interesting to note that his weight increases at the same time of the month as mine does!

Leigh: You are so right, it is so important to be positive, yesterday as I excercised I kept chanting “I love exercise, it makes me feel good” over and over. I will convince myself that it is the best thing going if it kills me! I am sure you will have a good weigh in on Monday, we are all going to great this week!:goodscale

Jailene: You sure have a hectic life, but remember you need to put yourself first to be able to take care of all of them! One of our mini challenges next month is going to be taking 15 minutes for yourself each day!:bubbles:

Morgan: You are so right! About taking care of yourself. Good job with the weight loss that is fantastic! :cheer: I find I usually lose 4-5 pounds the first three weeks than taper off to 1-3 from then on. This time though I am averaging 3 pounds most weeks I think it has to do with my supplements.

ScrappinRN: Welcome and you are so not a failure! Coming here to share with us is a great step and one that a successful person makes! You are on the right track and in the right place!:flow1:

Cinnamonspice: Welcome! A reasonable goal is 1-2 pounds a week so 20 would be a great goal for you that is 1.5 pounds per week but if you want to go a little less 15 would be great too. Congrats on that 1st week loss, you are off to a great start!:bravo:

PhysDom: I know you will get going on the exercise soon (me too) Moving will be great exercise you will be working hard I know. But what fun to get into a new place!

Darby! : Welcome! It can be hard to stay motivated but I can assure you that if you come here often and post you will do well. I did great with the Christmas challenge just knowing I had everyone there to get support, advice and motivation from. I bought a video by Leslie Sansone, she does in home walking tapes. And for someone with a lot to lose they are just great. I got the easiest one she has and it was so good I am looking forward to doing more.:tread:

Arizonagirl: I will restart the Thread each Monday with the same title and the new date so you will just check in every Monday for that days date!

chaarli
12-30-2005, 11:32 PM
i'd like to join this challenge too.
It's New Year's Eve here in New Zealand so I'm geared up and excited for the start of the New Year tomorrow.
I think I'll make my goal to lose to get as close to my goal as possible.Maybe a loss of 25 pounds, which I know I can do if I work hard. We'll see how quickly it comes off and then maybe I'll revaluate it.

emerald dragonfly
12-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Chaarli- welcome and whatever you lose, is a good loss. :) I have a goal of 18 pounds. If I don't make it, oh well. I'll just have to try harder.

Sheri- Thank you!

emerald dragonfly

t0rn
12-31-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd love to join this challenge if that's alright? :)

I think I'll go for 30 pounds.

dawn7672
12-31-2005, 01:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Just had the chance to check in and read all the posts I missed. It's nice to feel like I have known most of you for a very long time. I have been exercising on a regular basis and have lost 8.25 inches so far, but I have a lot more to go. I decided to go back to the ww points system to keep from having to count everything. I'm not going to rejoin ww, I have all the info I need to do the program. I also belong to curves. I go 3-4 times a week. I like it. I go in the morning before work. I'm a homecare nurse working 16hr days, so when the baby (my patient) is napping, I do quick workouts. The cable company they have has fitness programs that you can do, so I choose 2-3 quick programs (no more than 30 min. total). I also do Leslie Sansome walking program. I have been doing the one mile. For January I will start doing the one mile and the two mile on alternating days. I also do hand weights for my arms. I motivated to try and reach my whooping 50lb weight loss goal for April.
Sorry, kind of chatty tonight. I finally have a quiet moment. kids asleep,DH out. I will keep in touch, maybe post every couple of days.

bye

sweet_pea
12-31-2005, 05:39 AM
sheri - what supplements are you taking?

dawn - that's a LOT of exercise, you're doing really well. love the motivation

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S everyone :D:cool: :hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I just stoped in to tell eveyone to have great new year :hug: I hope all have a safe one too

Also thanks for the help and the good thread :D I really think I will be able to do this we all of you.......

ThunderThighz
12-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey all I am in too- lol lets hope i can stick to this

Happy New Years!!

lateralus98
12-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Down 1 whole pound -- 137!!

*does the happy dance*

My new year's resolution -- DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!

Sheri~C
12-31-2005, 02:45 PM
chaarli: Welcome! I know you can do it, just stick with us and we will do it together!

t0rn: The more the merrier! Come often, post lot's and lose with us!

Dawn: Talk lot's the better to get to know you, 50 pounds is a big goal for 13 weeks. Just be sure that you won't be unhappy if you don't reach it. I know it is hard to wait for this weight to be gone once we have decided we are done with it. Goodness knows I wish I could wake up tomorrow and have it all gone and done with. Remember that it is easy to build upon success.

Sweet_Pea: I started with Flax oil and Evening Primrose oil and have since added, Glutamine to maintain muscle mass and reduce cravings, Carnitine to breakdown fat into energy, CoenzymQ10, improves endurance, Chromium to build lean muscle and regulate blood sugar, Calcium for the bones and a daily womans multi vitamin. My doctor has approved these for me. Make sure you check with your doctor before adding supplements. The good thing is that since starting these my persistant excema has completely cleared up and my hair is shiny all the time and my skin looks younger too. I also have so much energy I am actually enjoying doing the houswork and am not exhausted by the end of it.

ThunderThighz: Welcome! of course you can stick with this, just keep coming here for support and encouragement!

lateralus98: Welcome! Way to go, everytime I lose a pound I look at the pound of butter in my fridge, that is a big block to lose!

sweet_pea
12-31-2005, 03:34 PM
I had a good night last night. i had 2 chocolate desserts & a cocktail but i also did lots of dancing :carrot: to welcome in the new year.

i'm not going to diet fanatically. i want to focus on balance, so eating more veges, exercising more and keeping up the water intake. i especially like to eat raw or grilled veges to keep the vitamins! and i want to reduce my bingeing on sweets (mainly chocolate). if i do that the weight will come off

sheri - thanks for the info on supplements. i used to take flaxseed oil and/or fish oil. i have been thinking of starting them again as my joints have been quite clicky. I'm pretty sure you're meant to take calcium with magnesium to keep everything in balance. it also helps regulate blood sugar as does resistance training.

i haven't tried q10 altho i have often looked at it and wondered

have you tried hoodia? it is an appetite suppressant. altho you have to be careful which brand you use as soon of them don't contain hoodia!

sweet_pea
12-31-2005, 03:41 PM
i'd also like to add for Dawn... Sheri makes a good point. Even with all the exercise you are doing 50lb is a lot in 13 weeks. it's nearly 4 pounds a week, so you might get really frustrated with such a high target. good luck!

icedragon6669
12-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi guys

I did miserably food wise on new years eve, just aint a party without the munchies, but i figure... that was last year!!!!! now on to a new one!!!!!!

My goals this year (resolutions if you will call them that)
1. apply for police academy (finish applying, can take up to 3 years!)
2. stay fit!
3. keep the weight under 177 pounds (the upper limit for my BMI to be 24.9)
4. learn to be nicer to myself
5. ditch most of the diet pop!!!!!!!!! 1-2 cans a day is gonna be the limit!. I know it is not making me fat, but drinking a black chemical, sodium, aspertine ladden drink all day every day, surely aint healthy! LOL
6. get back into the workforce (i quit work to spend time with my youngest DD, who has aspergers, she is now 6... time for me to get back to work!)

What are all your plans for the year?????

Today i plan a weight workout ! and tomorrow morning a 5km run!!!!!!!!!
Also a biggie this week for me, i will not be journalling my food! I get a bit compulisive in it, i should know by now what i should be eating or not eating, i need to up the cals, so i am going to try to judge by hunger, make better choices, and watch the scales each week, if i notice a gain... i will pick up the journalling again. (my DH commented on new years eve... boy are you going to have fun writing all that food down!! i was aghast!!!!! Yes i must learn to move on! I am "normal" now.............. and need to learn to be able to do this!)

PS............................................. I AM NO LONGER CLASSED OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

..................... I AM NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Melissa~
12-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I'd like to join in on your challenge! I'm re-starting for what I hope to be my final time tomorrow. Since the first couple of weeks are going to be a lot of water weight loss I'm going to aim to lose 30 lbs by April 1st.

ooelsworth
12-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi! I'd like to join this as well. Got a lot to lose, but it'll be easier with mini goals. I'll be exercising tonight, I ate pretty good as well, but I'm gonna go ahead and "officially" start tomorrow. I want to lose 25 lbs. Thanks!

sweet_pea
12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
congrats icedragon on no longer being overweight, altho i think being "normal" is overrated LOL

welcome to the others

today after my new year's activities i am shattered. didn't get much sleep last night and took a nap today but it wasn't restful. i was too hot and had bad dreams. my muscles are sore and tired from all the dancing and running around last night and i am finding it hard to get motivated

chocolate and sweeties are VERY tempting... i am trying to just keep eating healthily and push through but i know there is a chance i may crack in another hour or 2. i have some chocolate soy milk in the fridge which might just be enough to sate my appetite!

Sheri~C
12-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Sweet_Pea: You are right about the magnesium I am getting more than the recommended daily allowance in the foods I am eating so I am not supplementing it. I only take one serving of Yogurt every day and that is why I am taking calcium supplements as well as I am over 40 and want to make sure I am getting enough.

You also sound like you are on the right track with your eating. I have discovered that I am not a dieter, diets don't work, eating right and excercise are really the only way to lose weight and maintain it. I can certainly tell that my body is happy with how I am eating, everything is working the way it is supposed to and I feel great.

oolesworth & ~Melissa~ : Welcome, you are starting the New Year off right by joining in here.

Sonja: If there is anyone I wouldn't worry about having extra treats on New Years it is you! You are so stong and determined I don't think Fat is going to think twice about sticking around on you! :)

chaarli
12-31-2005, 10:07 PM
What works well for me with my chocolate cravings are WW ice creams,mousse and Ice cream tubs.
The ice cream cones are like Trumpets ..but heaps less fat and they are really nice, same for teh mousses..just like real chocolate mousse and they really help take the edge off the chocolate cravings.
I too really struggle with my sweet tooth and rather than give things up I've found low fat alternatives so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Arizona Girl
01-01-2006, 03:05 AM
:woo: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Happy 2006 everyone. My New Years resolution is to ..... lose weight??lol :) Anyway, I want to drink more water - I drink loads of soda and coffee right now and want to focus on getting more water in my body! What about you guys? What're your resolutions?

Kathy, I liked your idea of writing things in a steno pad. I went and got a book, too. I want to write down thoughts, ideas, recipees, and what I eat daily in the journal/steno pad while keeping track of my weight/progress.

Icedragon - good luck with the police academy... and on being "normal" :)

Lateralus - Congrat's on the loss! WTG!! :)

See you guys lighter ~ Nona

TinaM
01-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I am in, this will be my first written goal that I have shared with others. This means being accountable right? Great*#@! Well I think that I will set a goal to be under 200 lbs. Lets see about a weight loss goal of 31 pounds by April 1, 2006!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar055/fireworks01/lb/230/199/230/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

rollmdl
01-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi All,

I'd like to join you in this challenge.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs. by April 1st, to go from 175 to 150.

I'm planning on keeping my calorie count between 1500 and 2000. I'm also planning to start exercising on a regular basis-- water aerobics, yoga and weight training.

I'm tired of being overweight and am excitied about having a specific goal.

I'll be entering my weight on Mondays and listing my calories and exercise daily.

Thanks for being here.

Roll

Mommy'sLosing
01-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Ok, I'm in, but I'm going to play it safe and go for 20lbs! This is a great place to achieve goals like this one. Here goes :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Cheers Ladies

This is to a great year and to makein our goals....:hug: We can do this and i know we will

Have a Good day

Leigh

teahoney
01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi all. Well, today starts my April Fools challenge. I am looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone.

MorticiaAddams
01-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm in to, My gym is not open today but im still going to go for a walk just to get in my daily exersise. My attitude needs adjusting and this is a new start for me. So here I come April Fools. :carrot:
My goal is to be at 215 pounds. :ebike:

Arizona Girl
01-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Good Morn'n People! It's a beautiful new year here in Arizona.... love it! :cool:
I will post my weight on Mondays, too. This will keep me accountable I hope. But I will weigh myself twice a week (I can't help it!);) and write in my journal daily.

Welcome to all - this thread seems to be very active - always jump'n! yeah!!

I'm off to get some water.... I need to drink more water..... :(

godsgirlnmo
01-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone, I am not newto the forums but it has been a long time since I posted.

It is time for me to get serious with my weight and I would love to join all of you. my short term goal is 30 pounds.

I can't wait ladies lets do it :) :carrot:

~klutzmeyer1983~
01-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm new to this site, and I think accountability and support is just what I need. This April Fool's Day goal could be a good way to dive into this endeavor. I am feeling very positive this morning, but I know I need to stay realistic. I begin student teaching this January, and I'm concerned about the high-stress hindering weight loss. So, I'm going to set a small goal--- 12 pounds by the first of April!!! Any weight loss will thrill me. . .and my perfectionist streak will be less frustrated if I succeed.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope to get to know some of you. I'm not quite sure how the buddy/ community thing works yet.

:hat:Here's to a great 2006:hat:

(uh, minus the champagne. . .I hope. I'm not sure how my fancy for wine is going to work into my diet plan, yet).

dgpebbles
01-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Good morning everyone...Happy new year....Today is the beginning of our challenge...We all are going to do great this year and we have loads of support here:)

I am going to kick up the exercising:ebike: ...cardio workouts, riding bike and weight training...eat right and drink lots of water...I also will be weighing in on mondays...

So lets get started and good luck to everyone

sweet_pea
01-01-2006, 03:10 PM
awww that little cyclist icon is so darned cute!!!

Jailene
01-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I went to the gym yesterday, and rode the bike for 20 minutes, took a sauna, and swam a little.
Scheduled a training on the weights for today, and went to that. I didnt really get a work out because we didnt do a lot, except set the machines. But when i weighed i was down 2 lbs! lol. i know its water, probably from the shower, but who cares, its 2 lbs! going back tomorrow to actually use the weights! and yoga starts up again after the holiday break!

hitting the grocery store today, to get all the whole wheat stuff and some green vegies, we have eaten them all here

sweet_pea
01-01-2006, 04:47 PM
chaarli - is the chocolate mousse in supermarkets or do you buy it at meetings?

sheri - that's good you know all about magnesium. it must always be taken with calcium supplements. According to the book I have the ratio of calcium to magnesium must not exceed 2:1, but you probably have that covered

yday i had some chocolates and i didn't realise how expensive that was. i looked on the box... 1,000 calories :o that was a big mistake as it puts me off track. i didn't exercise yday either as i was shattered from the previous day's over exertion. never mind live and learn. unsurprisingly the scale has not moved :rofl:

yukimfat
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello,

My starting weight is 242. So by April 1, I would like to be down to 220.

Good luck to everyone.

Sheri~C
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

What a great start we have to the New Year with 66 people currently signed on for this challenge!

It is awesome to have such a great group of motivated, successful people to chat with and to spur us on to better health in this wonderful New Year!

Each day when I log on and find that more people have joined us it just gives me a boost to keep going and stick to my plan.

I will excercise at least 3 days a week this month and I will stay within my points enjoying all of my favorite foods. I have increased my water by drinking herbal teas in the evening and I can't wait to weigh in this week and see what numbers I will be starting the year with.

chaarli: I look for Skinny Cow ice cream bars when I feel like a sweet treat they are so good. You have your cravings all accounted for and plans in place. Good Job!

Arizona Girl: I have decided I am not on a diet I am making a healthy lifestyle change. I know I will never be this weight again and I am loving eating right and feeling good. My resolution is to improve my health for 2006!

TinaM: Welcome, You have made a great start by posting and making a plan, that is such a successful way to start out the new year!

rollmdl: I love seeing everyone with a plan in place, we are going to be such a successful group!

MorticiaAddams: You have already adjusted your attitude a great first step to success!

~klutzmeyer1983~: Welcome! You have some challenges ahead but by preparing for them and joining us you have taken steps in the right direction!

Mommy'sLosing: You bet this is the place to achieve your goals! You come and post and stick with us and you will be a loser! :)

godsgirlnwa: Glad you joined in! I can't wait to get to know you!

As for the rest of you, you are all excercising and focused and strong! I can feel the power in this group and I am so excited to get started!

icedragon6669
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Got my weights in yesterday... and my 5.5 km run this morning.... I am soooo proud!
I beat my best time by 2 1/2 minutes!!
i must get it down to running 2.4 km in 15 min!
Today i did an average of 2.1 in 15min! (twice over!)
so i am pretty close to being fit enough!!!!!!!!

I do weights one day, a run the next, and day 3 is a rest day! then i start over!

I am amazed at how much better about myself i feel! if only i can guarantee to keep up the excercise, i might never gain the weight back!
And i tell myself if i mess up food wise one day, to make sure i eat well for 3 days after, and that cancels it out! (to stop myself beating myself up!)

Good to see so much motivation around! lets all keep it up!!!

dgpebbles
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
My friends mother gave me this recipe to help with chocolate cravings...her friend lost alot of weight eating it when she had cravings....it taste really good and all I eat is one small spoonful and I'm happy

1/2 cup pineapple in own jucies(blend in blender)
1 package of alba choc mix(in diet section of grocery store)
1/2 tsp vanilla

just mix together and place in freezer to chill
leave in freezer to keep it for melting..
also can sub 1/2 banana mashed for pineapple and add water to desired consistency spread.

mallorij
01-01-2006, 05:34 PM
I am definately in I will set my goal at 25 lbs by april first!!! whoooo-hoooo i am excited let's get em' girls!!!!!!

~lookin for lean~
01-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm joining you too. I haven't been around since summer (thats when I took a full time job and gained a few pounds).
I have a conference to go to in April and I would like to look thinner!
I was thinking 40 pounds, but... if I do 25 it would be a great start.

sweet_pea
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
ooooh banana and chocolate sounds good altho i'm not sure if we have chocolate alba here?

i have already drunk close to 2 litres today and it is not yet 2pm. however i have just started to tuck into the chocolate and i have been eyeing the wine too. feel like sitting in the sun and having drinkies bad bad girl. ummm also had some potato crisps LOL

keep it up everyone. this is a long haul we'll get there even if i am falling off the wagon with shocking regularity!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Help I need more thoughts on how to get my weight loss on the losing end again....I weighed today and still have not lost a thing.its been two weeks..but I have not gained any eather :carrot: I need some things to start loseing again so tell me what to try.

I was very good this weekend and did not over eat. I had bake fish and griled chicken all weekend...I did not walk this weekend but I did stay on the move..(shopping) I need some help on what to do next???

This is a call for help
Leigh

AnVy1221
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
My weekend has gone pretty well. I did a leg workout on Sat and some elliptical. My knee is mostly recovered from a nasty sprain so it looks like I will get back into running this coming week. My eating is improving. Mom took the fam to Outback Steakhouse yesterday and I avoided the bread and the bloomin' onion and ordered a yummy fish dish with steamed veggies -- it was really good and I had the added bonus of being proud of myself for making good choices! I need to up my water intake some more to try and get rid of this water retention from bad eating last week and TOM. Good luck to everyone for this week!

Im A Loser
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I would like to join this challenge.

When I lose 27 lbs I would be exactly at my goal.

tipsygypsy
01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
I would like to join this challenge.

When I lose 27 lbs I would be exactly at my goal.

Wow, you have done a fantastic job! Congratulations.

sweet_pea
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Help I need more thoughts on how to get my weight loss on the losing end again....I weighed today and still have not lost a thing.its been two weeks..but I have not gained any eather :carrot: I need some things to start loseing again so tell me what to try.

I was very good this weekend and did not over eat. I had bake fish and griled chicken all weekend...I did not walk this weekend but I did stay on the move..(shopping) I need some help on what to do next???

This is a call for help
Leigh

hey there Leigh. I would love to help you. Do you keep a diary? if so how about listing ALL your meals and the times for the last few days plus your exercise and I'll see if can offer any help:hug:

Also do you have any health issues that might be affecting things:?:

it may just be a plateau and that happens sometimes when you are eating TOO little. i know it sounds strange so let's see what you've been eating and tell us if anything in your eating, stress, exercise has changed and we might be able to help

i know how frustrating it is!!!

Sheri~C
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
STOP!

PLEASE GO TO THE NEW THREAD: Losing for April Fools, Wk 2, Jan2,2006

Thanks

_MelissaLyn_
01-02-2006, 10:10 PM
This board is such an awesome place. I am so glad I found you all. Finally a place where there are others who are not just trying to lose 5 or 10 pounds, but a lot of weight like myself.

My goal is going to be 30 pounds for April Fools!!!

Crossing my fingers so not to look like a "fool" on the 1st :D