Support Groups - If anyone's interested...

View Full Version : If anyone's interested...

Softykins
12-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I'd love to have a buddy.
My other buddies must be busy. lol
I have MSN messenger and yahoo or we could PM each
other for support.

I'll let you know a bit about me:

I'm 28 years old - single but engaged, no kids.
I come from a musical family and have a great
passion for music, myself. I'm a movie lover
and an animal lover... Umm... love having lots of
friends...I'm a Library Technician (not employed)
but I'm looking for work. I dunno what else to say.

LOL - I feel like I'm on a dating service!!

emerald dragonfly
12-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Kristy,
You're too funny..."feels like a dating service." :?: I have 2 buddies but if you want to join us, you can. :hug: The more the merrier!!!

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
12-26-2005, 09:55 PM
I would love to be with you guys also... I am getting desperate here...lol

emerald dragonfly
12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
GREAT!!!!! Fig & ICANCHANGE will be getting together through e-mail & here. I will be trying to motivate all of us by doing something each week to challenge ourselves. If any of you three have a suggestion, let us know....I LOVE a challenge!! I do not want to compete against each other due to a problem I had at another site, so personal challenges are perfect!

I will keep a journal on my exercise, eating, and my next challenge. I hope we will have fun...heck, I KNOW we'll have fun!!! I am a FUN person!!! Ask my kids...they say I'm a "cool mom!" LOL!!! So do their friends!!! :dizzy:

emerald dragonfly

Softykins
12-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey! That sounds awesome, emerald!
Count me in!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

candoitby06
12-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Looking for anyone else? I currently have a buddy but I dont hear from her very often because of conflicting schedules. I'm up for challenges and new ways to kick this weight loss demon! Cant wait to get started with you ladies!

Later Chicas!!

emerald dragonfly
12-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I see no problem adding you Morgan! :) ALL ARE WELCOME!!!! :hug:

I woke up with a headache this morning. I feel a head cold coming on. Oh, great! I do get colds but not like this feeling that's coming over me. I ate a banana, 1 glass of OJ, and took my multivitamins this morning. I feel better but crossing my fingers that by this evening, It won't "hit" me hard.
I'll add a post tonight letting you all know what this week's challenge is. I promise, It'll be an easy one. :D

emerald dragonfly

candoitby06
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Being sick makes dieting hard....you can do it. Ever tried Zicam? Its supposed to shorten the length of colds....I think it works, hubby disagrees but its worth a try. I personally like the nose swabs. Expensive but DEFINATELY worth it! Hope you feel better!

Thanks for letting me in on the fun ladies....wont be long before we are skimping around in our bikinis ;) Heres to a healthier year **Cheers**

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh, I am definitely in... I just got back from my TOPS meeting and I gained a pound... I joined in November and I have only lost .25 of a pound. (I lost and gained but my total was .25)

I really need someone's help... Give me the motivation!!!

dgpebbles
12-27-2005, 08:33 PM
hello Ladies...
I would like to join your group....I just started my diet last week....I think we all could help motivate each other....I'm up for challenges and ready to start moving that weight scale in the right direction..

I don't have a buddy yet and would love to chat with all of you

Softykins
12-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm up for a challenge too but I have to get over this
darn virus! I'm coughing up a storm over here.
And I REALLY want to exercise again. It's frustrating!!!

manajatwa2004
12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
HI everyone!
Im 31 married with 6 kids and would love to be a buddy and to have one.!!

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Kristy, I feel the same way about getting back to the exercising... I just had a mass taken off of my shoulder last Tuesday... I tried TaeBo this morning.. had to go back to the basics... Getting my stiches out Thursday, hope that makes it easier...

Hope you get to feeling better!!! Do you have any other motivation ideas.... I need accountability ideas also...lol

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 08:48 PM
manajatwa2004... Where are you in Ohio?

manajatwa2004
12-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Zanesville
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar006/slider-but5/lb/150/115/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Deanna7272
12-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Very cool, my sister lived in Zanesville for a while.. I am in Tiltonsville....

emerald dragonfly
12-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Pm'd everyone........I'm not feeling too well so If you do not here from me in a couple days, I'm just resting up.

emerald dragonfly

P.S. dgpebbles & manajatwa2004---- You're more than welcome to join in! :hug: I will PM you and tell you what this weeks personal challenge is.

Welcome aboard!!!

zellalyn
12-28-2005, 12:51 AM
hiya ladies,

Just joined today. Actually came across the forum by searching for cheap food budgets lol. I'd like to join in on the circle of friends.. Get support from hubby but hes tall and SKINNNNNNNY lol so yanno the support only goes so far. As for challenges I love em! Back when I was losing weight the last time I joined ediets and one of the forums there had a thing called boot camp...it was basically a 30 day challenge for so much physical activity or whathaveyou....It was a blast.
Anyways lookin forward to joinin in on the diet fun. hehe
Amanda

Ps...where can I get the weight loss html bars at?

Deanna7272
12-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Click on mine and you can design your own... it will give you the url when you are finished. Go to User CP (your profile) and edit signature and paste it there...

Welcome to the crowd!!!

Softykins
12-28-2005, 03:43 AM
Kristy, I feel the same way about getting back to the exercising... I just had a mass taken off of my shoulder last Tuesday... I tried TaeBo this morning.. had to go back to the basics... Getting my stiches out Thursday, hope that makes it easier...

Hope you get to feeling better!!! Do you have any other motivation ideas.... I need accountability ideas also...lol

Hey Deanna! Sheesh! You have a pretty good reason for
taking it easy when you exercise. As soon as my cough
lets up, I'm gonna hop back on that treadmill! :tread:
Good luck with getting those stitches out. I hope that makes
it easier for ya!

Hey thanks for PMing me, emerald. Can't wait to get started!

Deanna7272
12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Okay, riding on the sympathy bus here I go...lol It was about the size of a walnut... just a fatty cyst, no cancer...YEA!!! It has been a little sore though... Thanks for the well wishes...

I have been rising on the back surgery excuse (this mass was more recent)... and I have used it for almost 2 years... I wasn't able to do ANYTHING besides walk and swim (and we don't have a rec center with a pool nearby) for almost 10 months... I still haven't been back to hitting the weights since (and that is basically how I shed my pounds)...

So, I am DONE riding the sympathy bus (back) and I am on the workout train... Anyone with me???

dgpebbles
12-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Morning everyone:)

Well yesterday was a bad day...Didn't get to workout at all and failed to drink my water..only drank 20 oz but today I've done got up motivated and did a 20 minute workout from the dvd the biggest loser...It was a good cardio workout but it was hard on the legs....I know I'll be sore tomorrow..

Come on everyone I know you all can do this with me.:carrot: ..Also since we are to keep a daily journal I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a web site that you can log your food intake, excerise, weight etc at fitday.com...I've been using it along with also writing everything down in a notebook

Deanna....glad everything is ok...I'm on the train with you..

Emerald....Thanks for the support you are giving us...I know you are going to be a big help to us all

Deanna7272
12-28-2005, 11:05 AM
fitday is great, i have my students in my health class diet tracking also!! Like emerald and I were talking she suggested the notebook also, which I think is a great idea because there are times that I can't sit here at teh computer for a long period of time. Of course, I am on a 2 week break from school now, so I am on CONSTANTLY...lol

I am heading to do my Taebo before my stepson wakes up...lol When he gets up, we are heading to the gym at my school... Today should be a good day...

Softykins
12-28-2005, 01:29 PM
I am heading to do my Taebo before my stepson wakes up...lol

Seriously -- I envy you for doing Taebo. That would kick
the crap outta me!! lol

Good afternoon ladies!! :)

Deanna7272
12-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I love it... I didn't make it before Patrick woke... but I did manage to pull the treadmill out of the rec room and back into the livingroom... We don't use our rec room and it was doing nothing for me back there.... I want to walk more today, I did do 30 minutes... That's good for the 1st session... heading to meak dinner, then eat, and another session... I may even hit the great outdoors...lol

How are you feeling?

Softykins
12-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh I am feeling lousy! And it doesn't help that I spent
the day at Costco today. Ugh! I was walking around
all dizzy like.
Wahhh I wanna exercise! I'm sick of not losing any
weight recently - I'm just maintaining.
I can't wait until this virus is gone!

So how many minutes do you exercise in a day, or
hours! lol Sounds like you are really pushin' it to the limit!
:strong:
You go girl! ;)

Deanna7272
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM
No, actually I haven't been doing much at all lately... I used to work out all the time... I would spend up to 2 hours daily with TOUGH workouts... but then I met my wonderful hubby and things changed... I gained a "life".... AND a few pounds... okay....like 30...lol

WileyB
12-29-2005, 12:00 AM
OK-this looks like the place for me. I am new to this writing each other, but it sounds like you are all a great bunch of girls who I would enjoy talking with. I really need to lose a lot of weight so I can run around again with my kids instead of watching them have fun without me. Let's all be each other's motivation and inspiration!

Softykins
12-29-2005, 02:52 AM
OK-this looks like the place for me. I am new to this writing each other, but it sounds like you are all a great bunch of girls who I would enjoy talking with. I really need to lose a lot of weight so I can run around again with my kids instead of watching them have fun without me. Let's all be each other's motivation and inspiration!

Hey WileyB!! Welcome to 3 fat chicks! :welcome3:
Can't wait to get to know you better.

Hey Deanna, I hope I can get slimmer to be able to
exercise a lot. Right now my shins wouldn't be able be
to take the strain. :dizzy:

Deanna7272
12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Low impact, low impact, low impact...lol I do my Taebo but I (how do I put this) "dummy it up" a little... I go low impact for now...lol

I am SOOOO not motivated right now... OKAY... I am OFF the COMPUTER and going to exercise....

I was up WAY too LATE last night helping my stepson figure out his iPod... Hubby and I had a disagreement last night (which we laughed about because I was SOOOO right).... He allowed him to have a 1/2 of a cup of coffee... AT 10:00 PM..... I was like... No, he shouldn't have it, and hubby said, "it's ONLY a 1/2 cup".... I told him that he was staying up EVERY minute that Patrick was up...lol Well, at 3 AM I went to bed.... and P was still up...lol Hubby crashed at midnight... (He had to work, I felt bad...lol)

So, to get THAT long story over with, I am going to exercise before P gets up...lol

Oh... AND... getting my stitches out at 2 PM today!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

zellalyn
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Well today was my first "official" day lol. I had to go shoppin since all we had was easy food and junk. Did pretty good....only hurdle Im drinkin so much water that Im not hungry now...hmmm
give it a week and my appetite will be back Im sure
ooo did my ddr for an hour last night. forgot how much fun it was and once I started didnt want to quit.

Softykins
12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey Amanda!! I have DDR as well - fun isn't it?
What kinda dance pad do you have?

candoitby06
12-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey ladies...I completely ditched you :( I need to find a way to keep track of all the threads I am involved in. Any ways that you guys know of? Is there a simple trick that I am missing?

FYI there is an April Fools Day challenge going on over in the support forum, its filled with tons of really motivating ladies and some really great ideas. Just throwing it out there, maybe you can check it out? Thats where I have been for the last couple of days....

Kristy, I am dying to chit chat with you! Seems like whenever I am online, you arent! I seriously hate working evenings...I was always a day shift person so this new schedule has me all messed up! I will catch up with you sometime I am sure.

So I am curious to know a little more about all you ladies....married? kids? occupation?

A little about me: 21 year old (22 in January), married with 1 daughter (4 months). I am a nurse at a long term care facility and I love it (with the exception of my hours)! I started this diet because of my daughter, I dont want her to struggle with her weight like me. I want her making healthy life choices from the get go. Thus, my lifestyle change now. My hubby is an electrician and we pretty much have no life lol. We like to be with our friends, but that is not to often as we now have a child to worry about. Anyhow...thats me in a nutshell.

Whats everyone doing for the New Year? Anything fun?! I am trying to find ways to drink without killing my diet. I thought about not eating all day to save calories...lol....but then I figure it will be one beer before I am on my can admiring the pavement. lol.

Ciao for now Chicas!

candoitby06
12-30-2005, 01:43 AM
DDR? Fill me in please?

Softykins
12-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Hey Morgan!
DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution.
It's a video game from Playstation or xbox.
You get a dance pad and step to the music (and arrows).
It's a lot of fun and challenging

Here ya go: http://www.ddrfreak.com/aboutddr.php

candoitby06
12-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh my gosh, I bet thats hard! I am totally uncoordinated! You guys are better people than I am! I'll be sticking with my love/hate relationship with good ole Billy Blanks *cringes*.

I'm trying to work up the courage to put the DVD in the player. I am soooo sore today though and I know hes only going to make it worse....I need to do it because I take the weekends off.....and I'm going to be drinking in excess this week....arg. Ok, here I go.

Deanna7272
12-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi Morgan... Billy Blanks is MY man...lol Hands off Chica...lol

Anyway...lol I am a 33 yr old PE and Health Teacher (middle and high school) and I coach jr varsity volleyball and middle school track. I am married to a WONDERFUL man (my second marriage) and I have an awesome stepson (12 going on 20). I had back surgery 2 years ago and have put on about 30 pounds and I came here to get a little motivation and support for the ladies (and gents) here... I need something...

Hubby and I are the head of our Couple's Ministry at church and we planned a dinner for NYE at a local Inn that just reopened. The kids are going bowling (with Youth Group) so we are headed bowling afterwards...lol FUN times here.... My hubby doesn't drink and I seldom do, like I had 3 drinks at out Christmas Party during dinner but I before that, it has been about 4 months... My 1st husband was an alcoholic, I learned my lesson...lol

Anyway, you said something about saving calories by not eating... so... you plan on being DRUNK after ONE drink??? Not a real fun night, and ya make for a CRAPPY date...lol (Been there, done that...lol) My suggestion, I don't know it you are a vodka drinker, but my trainer always told me to choose vodka over beer. IF I were to drink, I would do a vodka with cranberry juice. Please, I am NOT telling you to drink liquor, if you aren't a liquor drinker... It may get uglier than the "drunk on 1 beer" look...lol But it is a suggestion...

Okay, Morgan... I am laughing SO hard right now... I opened with "Hands off Chica" and NOT knowing, I went up to see if I could give any additional insight and saw that you ENDED with Chicas...lol Too funny... Okay, only in my head but what a coinkidink...

candoitby06
12-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Firstly....honey hes ALLLLLL yours! Hes the only man that has ever made me sweat my *** off and then crawl away crying ;). Oh that comment was in poor taste. Secondly, when I do his tapes I end up having a fitness seizure (pictures arms and legs going in different directions completely uncoordinated) having seen me do them, he probably would laugh and RUN as fast as he could in the OTHER direction!!

I was talking to my hubby about drinking on an empty stomach so I could use all my calories on alcohol....he says I would definately be a cheaper date but seeing as its our anniversary he wants me to last past 8pm. lol. SO, with that being said, I am just going to have a good time and not worry so much about calories. Sunday is a new day and seeing how I will probably be hung over, I wont need as much food ;).

Heres the thing with liquor...makes me kinda sleezy. I was drinking vodka and redbull a couple of months ago when I met up with some old friends (yes, I know they are horrible for you) and I actually wasnt that sleezy. Must have been the redbull. I might try that again. But I need to find out how many cals in redbull (probably TONS). I'll let you know how it all works out.

Toodles my noodle :)

Deanna7272
12-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Red Bull = calories... not sure how many, but I am sure... That stuff is LOADED with sugar.... You know it gives you wiiings...lol They do have sugar free Red Bull, but I am not sure if the venue you are going to be gracing your presence with will offer it... And yes.. you should last later than 8 pm...lol

Billy is the man... I too would have NEVER made it on "Solid Gold"... oh wait... Do you know what that is?? An old dance show, if ya didn't... I am n ot as coordinated as you would expect... THAT'S why I do it when no one is watching.... I imagine that I am Shelly (you know the MACHINE that is in all his tapes...lol) and I go to town...

And... one question.... Who TOODLES your NOODLE??? Sorry, I had to....

Deanna7272
12-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Kristy, where are you????

emerald dragonfly
12-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Morgan, you're way toooo funny!!! :dizzy: I haven't drank since I was in my 20's. But oh boy!...do I remember those days! :carrot:

Anyway, I left a post for ya' all in the "groups" section. It's under "Misc." groups. Please go read it. I'll be sending out an e-mail to all who gave me their addys in a couple days. It'll have a quick, low fat/ not fat recipe and am also sending encouragement! :hug:

I LOVE you guys! I lost weight and you are the reason why!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

emerald dragonfly

P.S. DDR ROCKS!! I do it EVERYDAY with my kids. I LOVE to sweat!!!!! :dizzy: ;)

Deanna7272
12-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Glo... update your tracker girl... What are you waiting for??? Great job!!!

Softykins
12-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Hiya Deanna! :wave: I'm right here!
Sorry bout that.. I got real busy with friends all of
a sudden. LOL I kept getting calls...
"I haven't seen you - lets get together!"
Sheesh, they just came out of every rock possible. hehe

So, how are you girls doing?
You know, Billy Blanks scares me. LOL :p

zellalyn
12-31-2005, 02:51 AM
sorry ladies today was a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG day. Day off....mhm yeah right lol. I had to work 8 hours because we got in a unscheduled truck. Got home and boy the race was on to get Zella fed and head off to the wash to clean all ALLLLLLL of our clothes then get back before brent had to go to work. sheesh.
Ok in response to everyone
Emerald got your PM today...I try to always keep a journal...dont work half of the time but I have been a member at fitday since 2003 lol. Somehow I do better entering everything in online then writing it on paper. Not to mention Zella ALWAYS finds my paper and scribbles all over it.

Kristy. Yeah DDR is great! Actually heard about it bout 19 months or so ago so of course had to got get one....*caused a flashback to the younger days with nintendo and the power pad* lol I have the original game, well maybe version 2 cuz mine has practice, game, and weight loss modes...would like to get others think I have the songs memorized. As far as the pad goes its just a generic one but it works. Got 2 pads and the game off of ebay for 30 bucks factory sealed. Worked for me lol.

Morgan. Im 25 (as of dec 29) live in texas. Been married for over 5 years to Brent who is 1 year 4 months and 1 day younger than me lol*have that down can ya tell?* whom I met online in a chatroom. I'm from Ohio, hes from Oklahoma. I moved to OK after I grad. high school *sept 99* and moved back to Ohio in may after he was 18. Got pregnant in june 00, found out in July 00, Married in Sept 00 and my baby ZellaLyn was born in March 2001. Since then we have moved to Texas as of July 05. Currently strikin out finding our boundries and making our own life FINALLY lol.. Loving every minute of it. Brent has 3 years of his electrician journeyman tryin to get him to go through his fourth to no avail lol.
Well thats pretty much me. without sounding like a date service anyway
Oh yea....vodka and red bull YUMMY
Nix the cals....go higher proof vodka * you need less plus its lower anyhow* and Sugar free red bull has either 0 or 10 cal cant remember....also try Monster with the blue label...YUMMY

no occifer im not an alcamaholic lmao

Deanna7272
12-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Ohhh... Amanda... great job on that weight loss... I wanted to say, I met my hubby online also.... We have been married a year now... He is the best thing that has happened to me.... seriously...

I have to look into the DDR thing. My SS has played... Do you have to have a game SYSTEM? I don't want to put that kind of money into it... maybe I can con SS into leaving the system here... I think he has them ALL...lol

We did the ice skating thing last night... was only able to skate for 45 minutes because it was soooo crowded and we had dinner before... My thighs are rocking today, girlies... I was afraid because of my back surgery, both the discectomy and the mass on the shoulder, but I was fine... a little sore in those areas but, I DID it...

Putting together a NYE Dinner for the couples at church and I haven't a clue what I am wearing... went to Lane Bryant yesterday and got a pair of black flat panel dress pants for 8.99.... Was soooo excited... I have never shopped there and I keep seeing the ads so I tried. I also went to WalMart and Old Navy and looked at stuff but I couldn't find anything that I wanted to PAY for...lol I am such a cheapie...lol I have the pick it up, coordinate and outfit head to toe, and put it all back... I told my SS it is a disorder....It is called "CHEAPITIS"...

Sorry so long, I just get to talking...lol

zellalyn
12-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Deanna,

Heya girl. Yea you have to have a system to play ddr, so con your ss into leaving a playstation 2 or xbox for your use. Or you could go to well probably any arcade and pay to play it in front of people *im not a big fan of that method) lol
Thanks on the congrats. Too bad you don't have any ross stores in ohio. there REALLY cheap *I work there*
They are basically like burlington with name brands at discounts and they carry up to a size 28w sometimes 30 and 32. I went shoppin for some new clothes last payday. Walked away with a sweater, a jacket, 6 shirts, a skirt, a pair of shoes and 2 pants for 110 dollars. course i get a 20% discount too but still. :)
Where in Ohio are you? We just moved down here from Marysville, OH in july.

Softykins
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Way to go, Amanda!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I must be nuts or something cause I bought this
crazy pimped out dance pad. lol
It's got the 1'' dense foam in it - I got it from ebay
for Christmas.
http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmxdxv30.html

Well.... today is New Year's Eve, huh? My sweetie
is coming over tonight and we are going to watch
some movies and :o drink some beer. hehehe
I only do it once a year - why not!

Is anyone going to have a nice dinner on New Year's
day? We are going to have turkey again... and my
family is making cheesecake - good thing I don't like it. lol

ooelsworth
12-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Any possibility I could be/have a buddy or 2 or 12, (the more the merrier I think)? I am really interested in the accountability of it, plus I love the idea of small mini challenges instead or "I have 100 lbs to lose". Lord, when I see it like that it makes me wanna just give up. So the idea of 10 lbs by ???, or work out 5 times this week, or walk this far in January is really appealing. Even if I am doing my own challenge and you are doing YOUR own, just having someone (in the same boat especially) keeping me on target would be great. Not really concerned with age or gender or method, just want somebody (ies???) Thanks guys.

Deanna7272
01-01-2006, 03:55 AM
The more the merrier!! Welcome... We are all here for the same reason, we found each other for a common goal... I think we are all basically doing weekly things, weighing in on a specific day, keeping track for our accountability, etc. I am sure we are all doing the April Fool's Challenge (not TOO familiar with the site, so you may have to explore)...

Oh Amanda... I limit my leaving the house, let alone to make a damn fool in public... always did the karaoke thing though (after about 4 beers, glad THAT stage of my life is over...lol) I went ice skating last night, that was an adventure... I didn't fall, so that's a SUCCESS!!! I found that DDR (or something like it) that is just a plug and play... not sure of it's worth though... and are you kidding Patrick give up a game system?? I'd get his right kidney 1st..lol Nah, he'd help me out, I am sure...

Kristy... we had a great time with the Couple's dinner tonight (we are the youngest couple) and it was SUPER CHEAP.... I had chicken breast, salad, chili, mashed potatoes... Jim had a 10 oz marinated sirloin strip with baked pot, glazed carrots, salad... including drinks our meal was $21.56!!! Can't beat it... After dinner, we went to the bowling lanes withthe youth group from church and it was fun... The adults booted the kids off of one lane and we had a blast... I came in 3rd.... BLAH...lol A lot of kids from school there, and they always get a kick out of "chillin' with teach" out of school...lol

Jim is putting on pork and saurkraut for tomorrow. Patrick has to go back home (sad about that)... but we will just be chillin here alone for the rest of the evening... Will be nice to have hubby for 2 days...

Okay all... Happy New Year... Hope you all had a great time!!!!

Deanna7272
01-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Oh, Amanda, I almost forgot... I am in Tiltonsville... it is a little town right on the river... I am about 15 miles South of Steubenville and 10 miles North of Wheeling WV (of course on the other side of the river....) Ever heard of it???

I know of the Honda Plant in Marysville... I was an Asst. Branch Manager for a vending company (AVI) that had the Honda Plant (an entire branch within the plant... as was Longenberger...)

JORDEE
01-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Hello Kristy/Softykins:
I am from Winnipeg too but moved to Pennsylvania in the 80s. I am much older than you (47). I am struggling to lose weight too and just take it a day at a time. BTW, I went to Ralph Brown, Weston, and Wolsely elementry schools, Isaac Brock and Cheif Peguis Junior Highs, and graduated from River East Collegiate. I am an RN with MBA and work in pharmaceuticals.
Need to lose 100 pounds.

emerald dragonfly
01-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Left PM's for ooelsworth & Jordee. Glad to have you both in our group!! :hug:

emerald dragonfly

*I did update my "slider" Kristy. Thanks for reminding me!*

Softykins
01-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone and
:hat: :woo: HAPPY NEW YEAR! :hat: :woo:
What were you all doing when the clock struck 12, hmmm? http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/smirk.gif
I reached over and gave my sweetie a BIG SMOOCH! http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/heart2.gif Anyhoo....

Nice to meet you Jordee!! :wave: Wow! You got away from
the harsh winters - I really envy you! Please bring me into your
world! hehe ;) Actually I really can't complain these days because
the weather here has been just beautiful! *Knock on wood*

Hiya Deanna! Sounds like you had a yummy dinner indeed!
I love to bowl! Isn't it fun!! Can't say I'm good at it but I try!
I get an A for effort.

Welcome ooelsworth! Can't wait to get to know ya! ;)

Gloria, what's new? I'll have to get over to your group
one of these days, huh? I'm like a turtle in this place. hehe

zellalyn, you got a great deal on ebay! Way to go, girl!

As for me, I really have to get back on the horse with the
diet. I haven't been as strict latelyhttp://www.sweetpeareborns.com/oops.gif And it really
ticks me off that I can't exercise yet. I hate this virus! Grr!
Tomorrow is a complete NEW DAY! Tonight we are having another
turkey dinner after which I will be blotted beyond repair.
Wish me luck for tomorrow morning everyone, I shall need it! lol

Deanna7272
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Good luck on that dinner... We had the traditional pork and saurkraut... Do you guys know the story behind that tradition? Hubby and I were discussing it and we are clueless..lol

We were bowling and I mooched the man... then I came in 3rd...lol I used to bowl on a league and I bowled a 201... ONCE...lol Last night, it was a 102...lol Beat hubby though...lol

Hope you get to get back to working out soon... Iknow it takes a bunch to get back into the groove.... We're here for ya!!!

I started a blog today... like an official Blogger blog... never did it before (other than just a journal, here and there)... hopefully I can get a little outside help also.... I pulled out my old WW stuff... I am still using the system that they used when they 1st devised the points system... has it changed THAT drastically???

anske
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Hello,

I am always looking for Buddys. The more the better. I am 28 years old mother of 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart. I am a stay at home mom. I used to weigh 260 pounds. I gained a lot of weight with my frist child. Then keept some of the weight and had my 2nd. I lost 90 pounds in a year. But I have been at a stand still for awhile. But with the Holidays I will admit I have gained some pounds. Any way I hope to hear from you.
And remember we are all worth it. To look and feel the way we want to about ourself. You go Girl!

emerald dragonfly
01-01-2006, 11:16 PM
anske- I sent you a "PM." Glad your here...I hope we motivate and inspire you!

Kristy- I was wondering where you were today???!!! Have you've been DDR'ing?? I have and let me tell you, When I get done, I have to jump into the shower! I have been working very hard trying to get some steps down...it's those really fast, twisting, turning ones! I practically fall sideways trying to stay up on my feet! I've even stepped on my own feet! :o
You're lucky to have nice weather..it's been thudering and lightening all day here.. My house shook several times. Very scary!!! :(

Deanna- Blogs are fun!!! There just like a journal. I hope you're doing well with the exercising.

Well, I have been feeling pretty good today. :) I actually got out of the house and went shopping! I was surprised when I couldn't find any clothes that would fit me. I wear a 15/16 jeans and all the clothes were either too big or too small...BUMMED OUT!! My daughter got some great deals though.

Everyone take care!

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh... I did the shopping thing Friday and Saturday... I was SOOO bummed... I can't find anything that looks nice. I mean, I don't understand... I have seen ladies that are larger than I am, in the cutest clothes, and they always look great... I wish I had HALF the self esteem to wear today's styles. I am stuck between the 50 year old styles and the 17 year old styles... URGH I can't do it, so I stick to my warm ups that got me here in the first place.

I made a promise to myself. If I get down to my goal. Wait... WHEN I get down to my goal, I am buying all new work pants (I wear gym clothes to work everyday = elastic waistbands). My NEW pants are all going to have a waistband that buttons and zips.... That will make me more accountable!!!

I am weighin in tomorrow night and I will let you all know.... Wish mre luck.... Hey Emerald... I am going to PM you with some questions... and THANKS... how the heck did I get picked FIRST??? lol My dumb luck...

Talk soon!

Softykins
01-02-2006, 03:32 AM
I tend to like the clothes from sizeappeal.
I LOVEEEE THEM!!!! http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/heart2.gifhttp://www.sweetpeareborns.com/heart2.gifhttp://www.sweetpeareborns.com/heart2.gif
I know of an ebay seller who sells strictly
those clothes for cheaper. She has two accounts.

http://stores.ebay.com/TheCurvyPlace

and

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtheperfectplace

No DDRing for me Deanna... still dizzy as heck! But I'm
sick of waiting - I'm hopping on the treadmill tomorrow.
It's been so long. I hope I don't pass out or something. Eek! http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/freakedout.gif

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I almost fell off of mine the other day.... Good thing everyone was in the other room.... I am going t check out this woman's stores... I am an ebay freak...lol Thanks!!

Hey, I know as soon as I look it will show where we are moved, but... why wee we moved??? lol

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Awwww.... right... we are an "official" group now...lol I feel better...lol I thought we got the boot...

Softykins
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
LOL! Makes sense that we were moved. We just started
yapping and didn't stop! ;)

Well today is the day for a fresh new start.
Have you thought of a challenge yet Deanna?

candoitby06
01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Honey....I'M HOME....phew, long weekend. SO glad that the holidays are over!!!!!!

So....where do I start? I did redbull and vodka (10 cals for sugar free btw) I didnt do to badly. Although, I do have to say, I did very well sleeze wise. My mother ended up cancelling with my hubby and I 30 minutes before we were to leave for dinner. Needless to say, I was pissed! So, we didnt go out at all on New Years. We stayed home with a couple of friends and did some drinking after the baby feel asleep.

As for my diet. BLEW IT! I did well on Friday and half of Saturday, but did chinese take out Sat. night and breakfast to heal the hangover on Sunday then left over chinese for lunch and dominos for dinner. OUCH. Gained 3 pounds. ECK!

Back on the bandwagon tomorrow morning.

I missed you guys terrible. Its weird not talking back and forth all day! I need to go feed the bambina but I will hop back on later to comment more on whats going on with you guys.

Ciao Chicas!

Softykins
01-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Hiya Morgan! Glad to hear you had fun without your mom
(that would piss me off too).

I drank 3 beers on New Years eve. Big whoop, hey? hehe
Our turkey dinner on New Year's day was outstanding!!

I just finished exercising. I did it!! I was coughing like a
maniac but I did it! woohoo! Watch out fat - I'm back!!! :devil:

Deanna7272
01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
WOO HOO... I am proud of you Kristy... and you too Morgan... (glad you did well on the sleaze area...lol)

Just wanted to let ya know... 2 pounds lost this week... WOO HOO... go me..lol

Gotta update... he he he.. I am excited...lol

candoitby06
01-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Sooooo where did we actually move? I am still finding the thread in the buddy up section. Fill me in in case I cant find you all anymore.

I am getting back in the act with my boyfriend billy blanks tomorrow. EH. I am cringing just thinking about it. I am watching the biggest loser marathon for a little "thinspiration". I refuse to move my ticker up....I hope to lose my newly gained flubber by Friday (my weigh in day), if I dont, I will suck it up and change it.

CONGRATS DEANNA!! I'm so glad to hear that you are 2 pounds closer to your goal! Keep rockin it momma!

Glad to hear that your New Years Eve was a good time Kristy....mmmm turkey much better choice than chinese food! Sounds yummy to me. Keep it up with the exercising and soon it will feel like second nature to you! I hope the coughing is from a cold and not *clears throat* smoking? ;) Your doing great, keep up the hard work!

The babe is finally in bed so I think I am going to go "pretend" I love the hubby for the evening. lol he says "you meeting your next hubby on 3fatchicks?" (I met him online 2 years ago) and I was like "yea, thats it". lol. I think thats my cue that hes getting a little lonely. He's definately the king of sarcasm though so I will probably go cuddle up to him and he'll say "ew, who said I wanted to sit with you". lol. ugh men.

Alrighty my soon to be thin and trim chicas....I'm out for now!

Keep fighting those weight loss demons we can do this!

Ciao!

P.S. Deanna, do you really wanna know who toodles my noodle? I think that might have to be moved to a different thread ;) hehe. You crack me up!

candoitby06
01-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow, its deserted in here....shhhh dont be so loud guys!

dgpebbles
01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
wow Morgan ..How do you do Billy....I did his new bootcamp dvd and about died after just 10 minutes

Softykins
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
As I said before... Billy Blanks scares me! http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/scared.gif I have nightmares....
Ok, maybe I don't have nightmares but the guy is just plain frightening! http://www.sweetpeareborns.com/freakedout.gif

Morgan, coughing from virus.. thank goodness I quit smoking years
ago! I had two addictions: smoking and eating and I figured I would
quit the easier one. lol

candoitby06
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
dgpebbles, I will not lie to you....it sucks! I look like I am having a seizure while attempting to do some of those moves. I got the bootcamp for Christmas and have been forcing myself to do it every other day. Every other day, I DREAD getting out of bed. Its the crazy ab stuff that really kills me. Oh, and the arm stuff. Oh yea, and the leg stuff. Oh who am I kidding THE WHOLE THING KILLS ME! Keep at it though, it does get somewhat easier with each time you do it. Honestly. Unfortunately just as you get used to it, you move on to the harder stuff. It never ends does it?

Well, my poor baby is constipated :( I feel so badly for her. She looks so pathetic. I called the doctors office tonight because shes not eating well at all, and they want me to continue monitoring her through the night. Seems kinda shisty to me. I have to work tonight 11p-3a :( :( So I am guessing I wont be getting any sleep tonight. I bet she'll be up waiting for me. Poor kid.

At least I have an excuse not to do Billy tomorrow....WOO HOO. Oh thats awful, forgive me.

Well chicas....I need to go cuddle my little one....I'm thinking about you guys! Keep up the great work!!!

Ta-ta and toodaloo

Softykins
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh I hope your little one feels better soon - she must
feel like total poo-poo (pardon the pun).

dgpebbles
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
you girls are just too funny...
which billy bootcamp are you doing...I bought the package that comes with 3 dvd's beginner, advance and abs along with the bands....I'm just doing the beginners without the bands for awhile..I'll let you know how my progress goes...
hope your baby feels better soon...they can really be cranky when that happens....give her lots of juices

candoitby06
01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Yea, I'm doing the basic bootcamp again this week as last week I didnt feel I had perfected it. I think next week is on to abs and cardio. Blek. I have been using the bands I guess I'm a gluten for punishment. I feel like theres no in between, I use the bands and I'm dying and then I dont use them and I feel like I havent hardly worked out.

Thanks for your wishes that the baby feels better soon. Shes finally asleep and I ended up getting a little nap in myself. Thank goodness! Juices huh? My doctor, dont ask me why, feels that she shouldnt be on cereals, or any other stage 1's still shes 6 months old?! I am aware of the risk for food allergies and all, and I respect the way she practices....but jeez, all my friends are feeding their 2 month olds cereal. I feel like I am the only mother not feeding my daughter cereal. I am taking her to the doctors tomorrow morning so I am going to ask again about prune juice or apple juice or something. I tried giving the bugger a bath, did the good ole rectal thermometer trick and tried an ounce of water. Shes not budging. :( But thank you for your kind words guys.

Well, I am off to work. Wish me luck. Nothing like alzheimer patients at midnight! I really do love my job....just hate this crazy shift. We need nurses!! Send em our way, I need a vacation! lol

Ciao Ladies!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Hi Kristy! Good job on the workout!!! I am still sick and pretty weak feeling so no exercise for me.Trying to eat properly though!
Wendy

P.S. Hi to all the ladies on this thread!!!

Softykins
01-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi Kristy! Good job on the workout!!! I am still sick and pretty weak feeling so no exercise for me.Trying to eat properly though!
Wendy

Sounds a lot like me for a while there, Wendy. I probably shouldn't
be exercising either but I got fed up! :dizzy:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
:)

happyinme
01-05-2006, 05:49 PM
hi girls I stumbled across your ring as I was searching for other people dooing DDR I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Amy and Im 26. I live in Dayton Ohio. Married three kids and Im just plain tired of being fat. Im 4'11 and weigh 177 but hey Im down 2 lbs. wooo hooo. I have been doing DDR since xmas and thats how I lost it I was really excited I changed my eating habits and was doing DDR for three hours a night which is hard work considering the kids and laundry and housework and dinner ect. ect. Then I found Free style mode and now its on lol!! I dance and jump like a mad women for an hour and am burning an average of 5000 calories!! I figure this has got to be better than doing nothing of just clicking a mouse button all day. Its a hard workout and after three songs I cant breathe but I continue to push myself. I have many goals lol I want to look HOT this summer lol- well atleast be able to wear shorts again. I want to weigh 120 but as long as Im losing I wont obsess about my #. I would love to join you guys in your battle of the bulge and look foward to hearing from you. Keep up the hard work and so will I.

*just something I thought I would share.........Did you know on average 3500 calories=1 lb. of fat- scary huh!!!

candoitby06
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Welcome Amy!! Congrats on your 2 pounds...this is a great start! I think you can definately look HOT by summer time. This would leave you with 5-6 months to kick 50 pounds which I dont see as a problem. Thats a little over 2 pounds a week. Very reasonable! Keep up the great work and you will meet your goal with flying colors!

It is scary that 3500 cals is equal to a pound of fat....whats even more scary is that I used to be able to eat close to or even that a day!! I was big on eating out...and now that i am obsessively counting calories, I for fun figure out a pretend day of what I would have eaten last year....It makes me sick when I see the numbers! Heres to that itty bitty bikini!!!! *Cheers*

Kristy...hope you had a good night with Mike!! Keep up the hard work chica!

Ciao Ladies!

susie_sunshine
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Softy, I added you to my msn messenger. I hope that's ok, looking forward to talking to you!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-steps/slider-cheer/lb/240/140/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Softykins
01-08-2006, 04:08 PM
:welcome3: happyinme!!! Great to have you!
If you would like to join emerald dragonfly's club
just follow this link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71175
Looking forward to seeing ya!

Hey Morg! I did have a good night with Mike, thanks! :D
I hope you were able to get lots of rest!

I'm looking forward to talking with you too, susie_sunshine :wave: