100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal/Buddy Thread (26 Dec-1 Jan)

DishyFishy
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
For our new members that don't know, this thread is where we share what we ate for the day & also log our exercise & water, if we choose to. You can do this any way you want, ie whatever is most helpful to you. Sarah, for instance, likes to plan out her day ahead of time & then edit her message to show what was eaten or what she just didn't feel hungry for. I like to write it down as I eat it, to keep track since certain things are easy to forget, especially if I WANT to forget them. :o

It's also a good thread to get recipe or food ideas from, as well as to ask the other members, "What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right?"--everyone is always glad to help. :)

You can do one message every day, or several days in one message. That's up to you. Welcome & please feel free to join in!

Hope everyone had a good time yesterday. My meal out was gorgeous, though the scales are reporting what I'm guessing and hoping is a whack of water weight this morning.

Sun 25/12:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Dinner: Hubby and I shared the starters of Traditional Caesar Salad and Spiced Roast Pumpkin Soup with Fennel, I had about three-quarters of my main course of Prime Rib of Beef with Buttermilk Mash & Seasonal Vegetables. I had two small spoons of the Cranberry Chocolate Bombe. Hubby ate the rest along with his Christmas Pud. Drinkies were litre Pinotage, a scrummy cranberry Champagne cocktail, and 2 cups black coffee.
Snack: 2 After Eight mints, 1 oz whisky.

Water: 1 litres.
Total kcals: I have no idea, but it was worth every single one of them. :)
Exercise: None.

Boxing Day's Plan:

#1: Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee, 1 cup 0% milk.
#2: Banana protein shake with black cherry & cranberry juice.

Beyond that, I have no plans.

SuchAPrettyFace
12-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh Thank Goodness you are here!!!! :faint: I will erase the thread I made. That was harder than I thought it would be. :lol:

a scrummy cranberry Champagne cocktail
^^^^^THAT SOUNDS FANTASSSTIC!!!^^^

12/26
2 slices Sara Lee wholegrain white bread
2 tablespoons skippy smooth peanut butter
1 cup 1% cow's milk
1 banana

2 liters water :twirly:

1 cheeseburger happy meal
1 packet apple slices instead of fries, NO CARAMEL DIP :nono:
milk to drink

3 frosted christmas cookies :(

1 chicken breast
1/2 cup mac & cheese
1/4 cup crab dip (made w/lowfat ingredients)
2 rye quilts crackers
another liter of water

tons of water during the night

DishyFishy
12-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi, SAPF! :wave: I guess we were both posting at the same time! :dizzy: Your intro to the thread is sooo much better than mine, so, since you said you're going to erase yours, I'm going to be cheeky and edit my post to include what you wrote. :s: Hope that's okay with you. :^:

SuchAPrettyFace
12-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi, Fishy!!!

Oh that's not cheeky! That's beyond fine! :)

And Miss Sandi will have to erase my thread, since I don't have moderator capabilities.

I am still waiting to hear more about the cranberry champagne cocktail!!! :D

rabidstoat
12-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Oy. Yesterday was... well, it started healthy. Then we had birthday cakes, movie popcorn, a steak dinner, mashed potatoes, bread, cookies, and I logged it in FitDay but I swear it's between 3500-4000 calories.

On the plus side, that (technically) shouldn't possibly be more than a pound gain even if I underestimated... and after I eat my pancake and bacon breakfast my dad insists on making today, I'll be home, and the holiday eating frenzy will be OVER!

I did also walk for 30 minutes. So at least I'm sticking to exercise. :)

SuchAPrettyFace
12-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey rabidstoat, good to see ya!

Are we really the only 3 here? wow...

today:

fat free soy milk
decaf coffee
hardee's egg & cheese biscuit

2 liters water

1-2 slices sausage
1 cube cheese
2 cubes dark chocolate from a big bar
^^^^damn leftover potluck food. take it home, b!tchez!

1/2 meatball bomber w/mozzarella cheese
1 serving (small cup) italian wedding soup

2 liters water

1 small cup pasta salad
other 1/2 meatball bomber
1 piece almond roca

2 liters water

3 filled raspberry candies i conveniently forgot about. TOM is the only time I eat candy for no reason other than a) it's there & b) I haven't seen them since about 1980 or so when JcPenney's closed down their candy counter

rabidstoat
12-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Okay. Another bad day yesterday but I'm home now! No more eating on the road, a controlled environment, etc., etc. I'm not going to worry about the past few days and just write it off as Christmas. I got a new cookbook, so I'm eager to start with that!

Wednesday

Breakfast: 2 pancakes with 2T maple syrup, 3 strips bacon
Snack: 2 Milano cookies
Lunch: McD's doublecheeseburger and large fries (on the road)
Snack: 1 serving soy chips
Dinner: Dairy Queen double cheeseburger and small hot fudge sundae (stuck on the road way too long in horrendous traffic driving home and it just sort of happened...)

No exercise.

Calories: About 2550

BethC
12-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone, I'm so happy to see you guys after having too many days off. I have a really hard time staying OP at home (something to work on for 2006?!).

But I did get to the gym and was totally OP yesterday. Today, I'm back at work and getting ready to go down to work out!

Here's my food from yesterday...my son is sick and it was very hectic.

2 - coffee
3 - luna bar
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
3 - chocolate
10 - grilled chicken salad w/feta cheese
25 points (out of 26)

Have a great day everyone, let's finish out the last week of 2005 strong!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Good to see you Beth! Hope your little boy feels better soon!

Rabidstoat: I know what you mean about "It just sort of happened"--ie my mom's frosted Christmas cookies. I did not even look at them yesterday when I was there. I did swipe an Almond Roca though.

Today:

1 egg mcmuffin, no ham
1 fruit salad, no walnuts, no yogurt
1 cup decaf
a little full fat soy milk :T
1 liter water

1 snack size container strawberry soy yogurt
1 packet kashi apple cinnamon oatmeal
1 liter water

1 grilled chicken baby spinach salad from Subway (with cheese, tomato, green pepper, black olive, cucumber & onion & pepper sprinkled over it)
some pieces of multigrain hard pretzels

1 liter water
6 lo/so triscuits
1 snack size peach soy yogurt (blech, the strawberry was much better!)

2 slices wholegrain white bread
1 tablespoon skippy smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon nutella
1 banana
12 oz cow's milk

working on some more water ;)

DishyFishy
12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Looks as though you're getting back into the swing of things, SAPF, with healthy eats and lashings of water. :high:
Oh, and that cocktail: I've been experimenting, :devil: and I actually improved upon the one I had in the hotel. :lol: Cranberry vodka, sparkling dry white wine, and a splash of pure cranberry juice. Delish! :faint:

Good to see you here setting a good example for me, Beth! Here's wishing your son a speedy recovery. :goodvibes:

I got a cookery book too, rabidstoat. :chef: It's called Eat, Shrink, & Be Merry. I guess I should open it up.... :p

I've been mindlessly chowing down over the last two days, and it has to stop. It took almost an entire box of After Eight mints for me to realise that they really aren't that good. They have a remarkably close resemblance to little squares of cart grease. :barf:

Someone please kick me up the bum... and hard!

I'm not too sure how to move forward with this healthy eating. I've dropped 7 pounds over the last three weeks, but I think my Holiday binge-fest was some sort of rebellion against feeling deprived, and I'm sure I've put a couple of them back on again. :mad: (I can't check because the battery has mysteriously disappeared out of my scales. :chin: ) I need to find a way of eating that's sustainable so I don't keep losing and regaining the same few pounds. I'll have to give that some more thought, but in the meantime I'm going to be mindful about what I'm putting in my mouth. 2006 here I come!

BethC
12-28-2005, 06:26 PM
OK, I'm sitting here literally freaking out. I was afraid to post before because I didn't think it would actually happen.

Mr. PT and I are going out to dinner tonight! Officially, we're celebrating my 50# loss, I don't even know what we're doing unofficially??

Wish me luck! or something?!

DollyR
12-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Yesterday I did not do well............

Breakfast:

I ate All Bran and Kashi Puffed Cereal Mixed with soy milk and a banana. I also had a double mug of coffee with a cup of reduced fat milk.

Lunch:

Seafood pancake
steamed barley
Kimchi
Two bowls of kimchi soup with noodles.

Dinner:
Bowl of Buckwheat noodles with veggies
half a bean pancake

However: I also ate one brownie....4 chocolate chip cookies and half a blueberry scone with a chai lattte from starbucks....

BUT......I did give the rest of the cookies away and I walked to subway and up and down the subway stairs at least thats something!!!

Today I face my favorite meal in Korea......(sinister music plays in the background)

It is a sizzled stone pot of about 3 cups of rice with tons of fermented and pickled vegetable side dishes. The salt content is probably what is the worst but we also get this soup made of bean paste. I am not sure about its content as the foods overseas are very hard to calculate.

I will be very glad when the holidays are over and I can focus on this alone. My company will leave on Sunday morning. I can plan on a nice dinner for my honey and I Sunday night that makes good diet sense.

rabidstoat
12-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Better nutrition, no exercise, but I spent 6 hours on my 'day off' writing a paper for work, and another hour and a half in meetings. Ugh. I wasn't very hungry today, but that's probably because I stuffed myself yesterday.

Wednesday

Breakfast: Low-sugar oatmeal and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Lunch: Tunafish and LF cheese on whole wheat bread
Dinner: Angel hair pasta in a garlic wine sauce, with some parmesan cheese and a lot of shrimp
Snack: Tropicana orange bar

Calories: About 1070

Sheila53
12-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Thought I'd start checking in here to keep me honest. :)

Breakfast
1/2 c ff cottage cheese (2)
1/2 c blueberries (1)

Lunch
sharon's low gluten mix (6)
1/4 c milk (.5)
5 olives (.5)
smoked turkey (2)
salad dressing (1)
salad stuff (0)

Snack
popcorn (3)
Laughing Cow Light on a celery stalk (1)

Dinner
TJ's fajita mix (2)
tortilla (3)
sour cream 0
pumpkin fluff (2)
orange (1)

Total FP = 25

1 hour water aerobics
40 min. weight training

SuchAPrettyFace
12-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Fishy, thank you for posting the even-better cocktail recipe. :T

Dolly, welcome! That rice & salt thing in a pot you posted sounds divine! ;)

Sheila, welcome!! :) OK, I'm sitting here literally freaking out. I was afraid to post before because I didn't think it would actually happen.

Mr. PT and I are going out to dinner tonight! Officially, we're celebrating my 50# loss, I don't even know what we're doing unofficially??

Wish me luck! or something?!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! :cheers: WE all know what you are doing, unofficially, :devil: , and that's fabulous! I can't think of anyone more deserving!!! :dance: I hope you had a wonderful time. :cheer:

Jillegal
12-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Okay, here I am, dragging myself kicking and screaming back to the thread! :D

Glad to see membership has kept up and that we're now diligently working towards eliminating the excessive eating behavior (in other words, I'll kick your bum if you kick mine!!) :p I honoured my commitment to better eating by pouring the rest of the egg nog down the kitchen drain! :cool:

I'm so glad I made it back in time to learn of Beth's celebratory dinner with PT...You'd better not leave out any details, girlie, ya hear??!! ;)

I wasn't bad today, but I wasn't good either (on the other hand, compared to the last few days I was positively :angel: ) I've decided to ease myself gently back into the sensible eating fray and have not obsessed on counting points, but rather have concentrated on avoiding sweets and including some actual nutrition today (wouldn't want to go straight into "points" mode and put my body into some kind of shock - that can wait until tomorrow) :dizzy:

Wednesday
Breakfast
1 cup Raisin Bran cereal, with 1/2 cup 1% milk
1 slice 100% whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 coffee with cream
Snack
1 clementine orange
1 Quality Street caramel stick
Lunch
Wrap consisting of spinach tortilla filled with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, mushrooms, hot peppers, grilled chicken and topped with salsa
Snack
Mug of Carnation Lite hot chocolate
Dinner
Spicy Black Bean Soup (President's Choice "Too Good To Be True" brand)
3 garlic bread sticks
Caesar salad (no bacon and with light dressing)
Snack
1 Quality Street orange cream chocolate

Beverages: several glasses of water (bottled, mineral and club soda)
Exercise: 15min. morning walk with dog and 1/2hr evening walk with dog. Does wrestling into a certain pair of pants while getting dressed for work count? :o

Okay, day one is done ~ see ya tomorrow, folks. :smug:

DollyR
12-29-2005, 01:41 AM
The rice lunch fell through so we went to a tofu restaurant instead. We had silken tofu soup, fried tofu with mushroom in red pepper sauce, tofu mixed with red paste in a boiling pot, soy beans toasted with spices and five veggie side dishes including a bowl of rice. Korean style restuarants you eat out of common dishes. It's like a chopstick of this....a chopstick of that.....etc. did pretty good actually. I ate only half my healthy bean rice and then had a sugar free chocolate bar for dessert.

Ahhh well..........Jan. 1 is coming soon and I will be on my own once again.

taekwondomom
12-29-2005, 04:48 AM
Hello! :) Been a long time since I posted my eats here. Tired of hovering right between 222 and 225 lbs! I can see ONEderland just over the horizon, but I don't want to just see it-I want to live there. LOL Posting my food here will help in soooo many ways.

December 28, 2005
Breakfast/Lunch: 3 chocolate chip pancakes; plain, no butter or syrup
Dinner: About 1/4 of a 16 inch Supreme pizza (orange and red pepper, onion, mushroom, sausage, pepperoni and cheese)
Snacks: 1 Rootbeer float (3/4 cup vanilla ice cream in 9 oz of rootbeer); 2 cups :o chocolate ice cream with 4 TBS Hershey syrup
Beverages: 9 oz rootbeer (in float); 30 oz calorie free orange drink; 40 oz water
Exercises: 50 minutes Fat Blasting Cardio Tae Bo

BethC
12-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys! After all these months just not sure what's going on?

We had a wonderful dinner, we talked so much, I didn't even get to eat most of my food! - Now that never happens to me, especially at this amazing steak place. I did, however, have a little too much wine, my head still hurts.

From what he said, he enjoys my company as much as I do his, and I think we'll do this again, soon. But outside the resturant, it was a little weird, he leaned over and kissed me on the check near my lips, but definitely NOT on my lips, and I kissed him back on the cheek, then we said good night and that was it. The attraction is definitely there, but who knows?

I'm seeing him at 8 for PT, we'll see if he says anything.

Needless to say, I don't really know how to count last night's dinner, but I had 15 points left before it, so I should be ok. Today is a new day.

jillybean720
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Beth and PT sittin' in a tree...definitely keep us posted!! ;)

Well, I'm trying to get back on track now that I am home from vacation in CT. I'm definitely up a few pounds, but I'm still down by at least 30 from this time last year, so all was not in vain! Even at only 30 pounds a year, I will be at goal before I'm 30, so it would still definitely be worth it. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up the pace a bit, though :D

I'm trying very hard to make better food choices right now. I think a few weeks of eating everything and anything has messed with my stomach a bit in that I am constantly feeling hungry. I need to re-train my stomach to know that I do NOT have to eat every 30 seconds! :dizzy: I'm still eating more than usual, but like I said, I'm trying for BETTER calories (even if it's just a 90-calorie Special K bar instead of 3 chunks of fudge at 100 calories each) and to space them out more appropriately. I'll get back to counting the calories officially in the new year.

DishyFishy
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow! Everyone's returning. :wave:

:welcome2: to you, Darlene! All that Korean food all sounds delicious. :T

Good to have you back, Jilly, Laura, and Sheila. :yes:

Ooh, Beth! How exciting! I'm glad you had a good time last night. Call me old-fashioned, but I think it's rather sweet that he went for the cheek. Gotta save something for the second date.... ;)

I'm trying to do similar to you, jillybean, in going for better choices before I get back to restricting my kcals. I still need to work on my portion control though.

I didn't do so well yesterday. My food choices were okay, but I went overboard with everything bar my morning cereal. That's what happens when I neglect to weigh and measure out portions.

Weds 28/12:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Lunch: Turkey breast and Phili Light on whole-wheat pita, red cabbage, cucumber, tomato.
Dinner: Home-made bean & ham soup, Triscuits.
Supper: Cheese and more Triscuits.
Snacks: Tangerine, nuts.

Drinks: 1 litres, 250 ml pomegranate juice, 250 ml cranberry juice, 250 ml green tea, 250 ml un-sweetened chai (with 1 tblsp. 0% milk), 250 ml lemon, honey, & clove drink for my sore throat.
Exercise: 30 minute walk.

SuchAPrettyFace
12-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Welcome back, :queen: Jilly, Laura & young Jilly. Beth, you never know! This could be the start of something big!! :)

today:

1 liter water

2 MSF breakfast patties
2 more of those dang multigrain pretzels. i have now cut myself off. just because they are here & free, doesn't mean I have to eat them.
1 cup decaf, 2 ice cubes & a packet of sweet&low
1 liter water

1/2 sour cream chive baked potato
1/2 grilled chicken, mayo & lettuce only sammich
1 cup 2% cows milk
1 liter water
1 container mandarin oranges

mcdonalds fruit salad (no walnuts, no yogurt)
2 1/2 multigrain pretzels ( http://www.utzsnacks.com )
1 liter water

other half chicken sammich
other half baked potato
about 10 or under chocolate covered blueberries (they were in my stocking)

1 serving white rice
1 serving salt free chicken & vegetables chinese food
1 fortune cookie
1 cup decaf orange spice tea
more water :twirly:

Sheila53
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Oo la la, being a voyeur at heart, I like this thread! Sounds like a great date. You know when you don't eat all your food that you're having a good time. :D

My eats for the day:

1/2 c ff cottage cheese (2)
1/2 c blueberries (1)
pumpkin muffin (3)
4 oz. salmon (4)

veggie burger (1)
lite bread (1)
pickle, lettuce, tomato, onion
orange (1)

popcorn (2)
tall decaf nonfat mocha (3.5)

marinated chicken breast (4)
salad
salad dressing (1)
celery stalk w/laughing cow light (1)

Total points = 25

Exercise = 35 min. weight lifting, 15 min. stretching, 10 min. elliptical

rabidstoat
12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow, the thread's getting crowded, that's great!

Thursday

Breakfast: 3 homemade blueberry pancakes with some light syrup and LF margarine, and 2 soy sausage links
Lunch: Tuna fish salad with 3/4 oz cheese slice on 2 slices whole wheat bread
Snack: 3/4 cup grapes
Dinner: Leftover angel hair picatta with 3 oz chicken
Snack: 8 wheatsworth crackers and 2 squares laughing cow light cheese

No exercise. Calories, about 1550.

Jillegal
12-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Yep, its great to see a busy thread, not just because its nice that everyone's getting back on track, but it provides some yummy eats ideas (and a little juicy gossip). By the way, Beth, I think its terribly sweet that the first date ended with a "near, but not quite on" the mouth kiss. ;)

Thursday

1 slice 100% whole wheat toast spread with 1tbs. peanut butter
1c grape juice
Astro vanilla yogurt

Celery/carrot sticks and green/red pepper slices (fat-free ranch dressing for dipping)
Seedless grapes

Homemade soup (extra lean stewing beef, low sodium beef broth, onions, carrots, potatos, peas, pinto beans, seasonings)
Garlic pita (toasted) with hummus

2 Quality Street chocolates
1c 1% milk

Beverages: 1 cup tea, 1 cup coffee (with cream), most of a 1.5 litre bottled water, 2 bottles Perrier water, 1 can club soda

Exercise: Dog walking (in pouring rain) 45 minutes.

taekwondomom
12-30-2005, 04:51 AM
December 29, 2005
B: Uncle Sams cereal with soymilk and raisins
L: Ham and swiss sandwich
D: big salad with turkey and cheese, ff western dressing and bleu cheese dressing; 5 baby carrots with 1/2 TBS veggie dip;
S: 4 cups microwave popcorn; 4 small choc chip pancakes with hersheys syrup; homemade chocolate milkshake
Beverages: 60 oz calorie free orange drink; 12 oz can diet mt. dew; 16 oz water; 16 oz choc milkshake (listed in snacks as well)
Calores=2100+ OOPS! I am aiming for an average daily calorie total of 1800 calories. So I should have skipped the milk shake, the extra cheese on my sandwich, the choc chip pancakes and the bleu cheese dressing! Will do better tomorrow. :)
Exercise: 1 mile run (Ran that one mile as fast I could without killing myself so I could time it. LOL 11 minutes 50 seconds!! :D :D :D A mile in under 12 minutes! YAY me!)

BethC
12-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, I just saw him and he was acting a little strange, but then again it was only 6:30 in morning. I never can figure men out?

Well, here's to the New Year and whatever it may bring! Here's to getting to goal in 2006!!! :woo:

My food from yesterday:

2 - coffee
3 - luna bar
5 - egg whites w/spinach and feta
2 - ww toast
2 - cheese
4 - ww ice cream
3 - tuna
2 - lite mayo
2 - ww bread
25 points (out of 26)

Exercise: 10 min bike (70 cals) 43 min Elipitical (530 cals), abs

SuchAPrettyFace
12-30-2005, 11:40 AM
today:

1 asiago cheese bagel
1 serving lite cream cheese w/chives
1/2 cup decaf
1/2 cup fat free soy milk

1 liter water
1 cup cranberry juice

1 yellow apple
1 green apple
6 lo/so triscuits
1 liter water w/cranberry juice mixed in. It's a pretty pink color! :)

1 bowl manhattan style clam chowdah
1 hard roll

1 cobb salad w/turkey cubes
1-2 servings cranberry juice
1/2 cup decaf, 1/2 cup fat free soy milk
working on my third liter of water

Sheila53
12-30-2005, 08:27 PM
2 pumpkin muffins (6)

3 oz. marinated chicken (3)
salad
ff dressing
orange (1)
4 reduced-fat triscuits (2)

orange (1)
4 reduced-fat triscuits (2)

5 oz chicken (5)
roasted broccoli, cauliflower & asparagus (2)
pumpkin fluff (4)

Total points = 26

Exercise: 1 hr. water aerobics, 40 min. weight lifting

rabidstoat
12-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Ack. Continue to be bad at exercise, I've just been lazing about, went shopping, reading, playing new video games, too many distractions from Christmas gifts!

Friday

Breakfast: 1 cup raisin bran in 1/2 cup 2% milk, and 1 oz cheese
Lunch: Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's with croutons and LF honey mustard dressing
Dinner: Lean Cuisine meal with a gooey good caramel apple dessert built in
Snack: Hot cocoa (mix with water)

Calories: About 1425

Jillegal
12-31-2005, 01:44 AM
I hear ya, rabitstoat, when it comes to the exercise front. I've been doing really well with the dog walking (even though some pretty rough weather has been thrown at me) but its not enough. I did get some new exercise tapes for Christmas, but I've never really been able to get into that sort of thing (except for my ill-fated foray into a Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies routine) :o I couldn't find any nekkid jelly-wrestling clubs as per Jessica's suggestion (I jiggle enough on my own, thank you very much) and my beloved badminton doesn't start up again until the spring. I'm allergic to chlorine, so that's my out when it comes to swimming and I prefer to watch skating than attempt it much myself. I don't think they have adult bumper bowling leagues. I guess I'll have to break down and join Curves (they have an awesome new year's membership special). :D

I'm still not counting points yet (I'll wait until next year ;) ), but am doing well on the eats front.

Friday
Coffee with cream
Astro vanilla yogurt
Slice of 100% whole wheat toast with 1tbsp. peanut butter

Fruit salad (strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, melon)
12 grain bagel (plain)

Leftover homemade beef/veggie soup
Salad of mixed greens, mandarin oranges, walnuts (with raspberry vinegar dressing)

Carnation light hot chocolate
1 shortbread cookie

Beverages: 750ml bottle of Perrier water, 2 500ml bottles of spring water, large mug of tea

Exercise: 20min morning walk with dog, 30min evening walk with dog.

Sheila53
12-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Yum, your salad sounds good, Jilly. My DH walks the dog, and he's gone for a few days so I'm adding that chore to my day. With my little male dog, it's more of a stop-start kind of thing. Be glad you have a girl!

pumpkin muffin (3)
1/4 c ff cottage cheese (1)
a few blueberries (1)

poached egg (2)
slice of toast (3) (forgot to ask them for it dry)

4 triscuits w/ff sour cream (2)
1 orange (1)

salmon (6)
veggies
salad w/dressing (1)
pumpkin fluff (4)
wine (3)

Total points = 27

Exercise: 45 min. rowing machine (owww, my butt!), 20 min. treadmill, 30 min. weight lifting

DishyFishy
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
I've had very little exercise over the last few days. I've got a rotten cold, and have the thick head and aching joints that accompany it.

Fri 30/12:
2 oz tuna, 8 Triscuits (reduced salt)
1 cup chana dal (with onion, tomatoes, and spices), 1 cup brown rice
hot chocolate made with 1 cup skimmed milk and 4 squares Green & Black's 70% choc.
1 oz Cheddar, 8 Triscuits
1 cup each of cranberry juice and pomegranate juice
handful unsalted nuts
2 oz(ish) whisky

Sat 31/12 so far:
2 cinnamon toast Eggos
handful unsalted nuts
2 cups home-made bean & lentil soup

BethC
12-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in this morning, my last weigh-in of the year. I'm down 1.4#s! My total weight loss is now 55.4!! Almost to onederland, I can feel it.

What's even more interesting, I've always struggled at this time of year. The parties, my schedule gets screwed up, short days - I need sunlight. This year, I decided to focus on my goals and not let the other stuff get to me. Since Thanksgiving until today, I've lost 9.6#s! As far as I'm concerned that is a major miracle!

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

rabidstoat
01-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Still no exercise, but yesterday I did a lot of work hauling and moving things, cleaning out the pantry, etc. So I was at least active.

Breakfast: 2 blueberry panckes with a little light syrup and LF margarine
Lunch: Subway turkey and cheese on white
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Morningstar "Chick" patty on a small wholewheat bun with jalapeno cheddar cheese and LF mayo
Party: 1 serving soy chips (I counted, hee) and a Santa chocolate bar

Calories: About 1550

Jillegal
01-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Well here we are, my dears, the first day of a brand new year! :) I'll admit to yesterday being a free for all, but along with the indulgences came the resolve to start the new year right and carry it through to infinity!! :carrot:

You've done so well, Beth, especially during the holiday season ~ I'm impressed! Hope you're feeling better, Ali.

New Year's Eve
Breakfast - none
Lunch - diet coke, fried rice, lemon chicken
Snack - bag of licorice allsorts
Dinner - pita and garlic hummus, shaslick (spicy pork medallions with onion and green pepper chunks, topped with seasoned sour cream), brownie cheesecake with whipped cream, 2 coffees with cream
Late Night Snack - 3 glasses of white wine.

Beverages: At least I drank lots of water throughout the day. :^:

Exercise: Fighting through the throngs of post-Christmas shoppers at the mall, shovelling my driveway, cleaning snow off the car (3 times), walking the dog (she disappeared in a couple of snow-drifts along the way), undisclosed exercise that took place after midnight! :devil:

DishyFishy
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Good going, Beth! What a star! I'll find out the damage I've done on Tuesday.... :eek:
I felt better enough to go out last night. First stop, the cinema where I had no snacks! Then on to the downtown firework display which was surprisingly uncrowded given the mild weather. Finally, we ended up at a 24 hour diner. We shared a basket of chicken tenders, fries, mozza sticks, and onion rings. :devil: I had a large glass of red wine to toast the New Year, and cement my resolution to achieve my goals. :yes:

Here's to 2006 and success for the chicks! :cheers:

taekwondomom
01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
December 30, 2005
B: large salad with turkey and cheese, ff french dressing
L: 1/2 turkey sandwich with ff miracle whip; big bowl of vegetable soup; 1 serving of cheese poofs
D: another large turkey and cheese salad with ff french dressing; 2 servings fat free sour cream and cheddar chips; 3/4 c lasagna hot dish; 1 slice bread
S: 2 chocolate chip cookies; 2 scoops chocolate ice cream with chocolate-peanutbutter sauce
Beverages: 16 oz water; 46 oz calorie free fruit punch
Exercise: 30 minute belly dance workout (on video)

12/31/2005
Attack of the New Years Eve stomach flu! Been sick all day and haven't been interested in food. :p
12 oz can Sprite
approximately 6 servings saltine crackers
12 oz can pepsi
Exercise: none, unless vomiting counts;)eeeeew!!

January 1, 2006 ***HAPPY NEW YEAR!***
Still fighting a quesy stomach.
7 slices of plain bread
1.5 c rice
7 choc mini donuts (equals 2 1/3 servings)
1 bagel
20 oz sprite
1/2 can caffeine free diet cola
30 oz of water.

DollyR
01-01-2006, 07:37 PM
My first day was ok. I got really strong cravings about 11 AM so ate some Taco Soup for Lunch. I always seem to blow it when I get to dinner time. I thought I did pretty good but when I counte dpoints I was way over my limit even though I did smaller portions. I cooked dinner for DBF last night and made only enough food for a plates worth of one portion. (Which for me is a milestone in itself.)

Breakfast:
small banana
1/2 cup All Bran
1/2 cup Kashi puffed Seven Grains
1 Cup light Soy Milk with Vanilla
1 Cup of 2% Milk

Lunch
3 cups of Taco Soup
6 oz of Pretzels

Dinner
1 and 1/2 cups of three Cheese Tortellini
2 meatballs with sauce
Cup of Lettuce
4 TSP Italian dressing
2 Slices of Garlic Toast with cheese

Snack
Short Latte
Cup of Blueberry Yogurt

DollyR
01-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in this morning, my last weigh-in of the year. I'm down 1.4#s! My total weight loss is now 55.4!! Almost to onederland, I can feel it.

What's even more interesting, I've always struggled at this time of year. The parties, my schedule gets screwed up, short days - I need sunlight. This year, I decided to focus on my goals and not let the other stuff get to me. Since Thanksgiving until today, I've lost 9.6#s! As far as I'm concerned that is a major miracle!

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

:balloons:Congratulations Beth!!:balloons:

SuchAPrettyFace
01-01-2006, 09:25 PM
I have been a very very bad girl.

I will be back later for my flogging.

Beth, I am happy you lost! :0

Laura, so good to see you back! :)

Dolly--what is in taco soup?? :T

Saturday

1 liter water
2 hardee's cinnamon raisin biscuits
1/2 cup nonfat soy milk
1/2 cup decaf

1 liter water

1 hardee's cheeseburger kids meal:
small fries
small sprite
1 liter water

And that's where it goes awry:

1 liter water
1 bourbon lace cookie
several cookies called buna's that were made in the pizzelle maker
1 serving chips & salsa

1 liter water
1 small steak under broiler
1 cup haricot vert w/olive oil, a smidge of butter, salt & pepper
1-2 servings risotto

Beverages: :nono:
1 drink made from limoncello, cranberry juice & club soda (tom collins glass, more club soda than the other 2)
red wine w/dinner (less than 2 ounces)
1 other drink called a french 75? It had champagne & we used limoncello instead of lemon juice & some other things
cheap champagne + chambord
real champagne@ midnight

today:
1 buna cookie
1/2 cup whole milk
^^^to take my morning dose of meds with

1 liter water

george webb's breakfast:
2 pancakes/butter/syrup
1 strip bacon (i generously--haha-gave the other strip to the boy)
scrambled eggs--ketchup
hash browns--ketchup
decaf w/1 creamer & 1 sugartwin packet

So, what happened 30 minutes after finishing my george webb's breakfast? You guessed it, I got sick. Very sick. So sick that the only other thing I've eaten since has been a King Size Snickers bar from my stocking. However, I did exercise today. :devil: :cool:

Sheila53
01-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Excellent, Beth!!

No snacks at the movies is a great NSV, DishyFishy.

SAPF, well, if you want a flogging, I'm sure that someone might oblige, but I think that after all the holiday free-for-all that most of us experienced, you may get off with a mere slap on the wrist.

I take Sunday off from exercising, although I do a bit of stretching and sometimes walking. Wasn't happy when my DH and DSD wanted to go out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, but my choice of sauteed chicken & veggies with whole pinto beans, hold the tortillas and rice, was okay. Only ate half of what was on the plate. Never sure how to count the points, though.

pumpkin muffin (3)
scrambled eggs (2)
deli ham (1)

1 slice delightful wheat (.5)
mayo (.5)
2 oz. smoked turkey (2)
pickle, lettuce
broccoli
1 orange (1)
Sharon's low gluten mix (6)
1/4 c milk (1)

popcorn (3)

sauteed chicken (5)
green pepper & onions
pinto beans (3)
pumpkin fluff (2)

Total points = 30

Jillegal
01-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Who am I to flog anyone? Heck, I was eating rumballs for breakfast last week! :o Anyway, we're putting all that excess behind us and moving on ~ so no flogging for past behavior, but I'll be watching closely from here on! :p

New Year's Day
Brunch
Whole wheat english muffin, topped with one egg (scrambled) and salsa
1/2 cup orange juice
huge mug of tea
Dinner
Whole wheat ziti in sun-dried tomato/pesto sauce, with zucchini, peppers, onions and 3 little meatballs
1 litre bottled water
Snack
Carnation light hot chocolate (made with 1% milk)

Exercise: One hour dog walking

rabidstoat
01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Jillegal, I meant to tell you, that line about the ill-fated foray into a Sweating to the Oldies tape totally cracked me up. Sounds like whatever it was, it was something likely to happen to me!

And I also wanted to add, I do like to see sometimes where other people had bad days according to plan, especially when they still record it and then go on to recover. Or still manage to exercise. I had a number of 'rough days' last month, and I think I recorded every single one of them in FitDay to the best of my ability, and posted all but one (and included the calorie total in that). My resolution this year is to continue journaling even the rough days. I think that's one of my keys.

Sunday

Breakfast: Raisin bran with 2% milk
Lunch: Homemade roasted vegetable panini with horseradish cheddar cheese and a mustard-yogurt sort of sauce, on whole wheat bread, and an apple
Snack: A 'no pudge' brownie and a tiny bit of leftover yogurt with a handful of blueberries
Dinner: Leftover angel hair picatta with some chicken
Grazing: 2 servings of soy chips

Calories: About 1550

Sandi
01-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Please post Jan 2nd eats in new thread!! :)