LA Weight Loss - Post- Christmas Take-Off/Fast Forward buddies

shennie_97
12-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Since there are so many of us doing Take-off this week. I thought we could all work together to get through it. Plus there are quite a few newbies doing it and they can get their questions answered over on one thread instead of have to search through are wonderful tales of a Merry christmas to find answers.

So everyone post your take-off method and the foods you are using, and hopefully we can push each other to Wednesday morning. :D

I am doing the limited version with 6 oz protein and veggies. Doing the orange juice version because i didn't get a chance to pick up any knudsens and the food store I go to is closed today also. Just picked up a ton of chicken breat so chicken will be my protein.

Going to have some hot tea with lemon to start my day off. Have a POP take-off everyone.

deetsmom
12-26-2005, 09:44 AM
OMG, Shennie...I am so there with you. My post title was going to be "So how many pounds up are you and who's doing TO today"? My scale says I am up FOUR!!!! I am doing the unlimited protein and green vegs with the juice from the center. I am not planning on eating much though..I WENT WAY OVERBOARD yesterday. We had filet mignon for dinner and I took home two pieces, so I will have that and some chicken at lunch. DEFINITELY having hot lemon water as we speak as well!

BTW- your son is SO handsome!

sznn
12-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Shennie + Deets - I was going to sign up for this take off extravaganza with you both, but I just remembered I am heading to Seattle tomorrow and there will be some dining out etc.
So I will be on the wagon next Monday.

I have been doing OK so far with the temptations, just little nibbles here and there.
But they do add up, so I am in cautious mode.

-S

Repo girl
12-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I am doing unlimited with oranges, since I don't do the bars. I really need to push water today too. Feel like I have not had any in days!

shennie_97
12-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks deets, the problem is that i think he is starting to think he is handsome too :lol:

Wrigley
12-26-2005, 11:08 AM
I am with you guys.

I am drinking the juice as we speak. I was only up 2.5 from the cruise but how hard was it to hope back on plan with the week before christmas, so i got the juice on friday and we will see if this works. i am doing the limited with the juice from the center.

i have my juice and my water right next to each other. I had a small cup of coffee this morning (decaf) and have had about 1/2 of one bar so far. I forgot that i can have the lemon water too, so i might be heading for that next.

had tons of starches yesterday but ate within reason, so that is not too bad. i did have 2 pieces of pie at the same time ( they were different flavors) but did not eat all of both of them, just ate about 1/2 of each, and they were small pieces.

Chicken for dinner but that is about as far as i have gotten for today.

the nice thing is i am not really hungry to i don't mind doing this one, as long as i don't get sick like last time.

Repo girl
12-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Well, day 1 was a huge success. I was up about 7 pounds! I weighed this morning, and have dropped 4 of them, so hopefully today will be just as successful! Good luck buddies!

shennie_97
12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
yeah Katie!!!!
down a little oveer 2 lbs, but cheated last night and had a sausage, so that didn't help gte rid of the water.

deetsmom
12-27-2005, 12:12 PM
HOW THE HECK?! At best Im down just one pound from TO...I did unlimited yesterday and had 4oz filet mignon, a huge salad with a little chicken and 2 eggs at breakfast. Today I havent even eaten yet (YIKES!)...Maybe I will go the 6oz version today...im not even hungry.

Wrigley
12-27-2005, 01:57 PM
well, so far so goo for me. i was up 2.6 from the cruise and gained another .6 during the week. when i went in yesterday before i even started TO i was down 1.6, so that is a plus. i am almost done with my juice only have the H2O and protein left to eat tonight. but have to go and have a root canal so i should be good, cause i am thinking i will not want to eat anything anyways.

deetsmom
12-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I decided to do it up in style this time...lunch is boiled shrimp and lobster tail! YUM

Repo girl
12-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Wow Deets, yum! I had grilled chicken with sauteed onions and a big side of steamed broccoli.

I know I asked this on the other thread already, but do any of you know what the fat recomendation is from the book for TO?

deetsmom
12-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Wow, TO was really easy this time. There are some weeks that I am SO hungry OP and obsessed with planning my next meal and eating throughout the day. I was totally NOT hungry today and only had two very small meals and am just about done my latest TO adventure, thank goodness! HOPEFULLY I will have a nice WI like you other girls!

shennie_97
12-28-2005, 09:54 AM
my ticker is officially correct for the first time in about 2 weeks:carrot:

TO got me back down to 158.4..goal is to try to get to the 157's before year's end.

Repo girl
12-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah Shennie! You can do it, great job!!

So, what are some good food choices the day after TO? I hate the idea that some of the weight may come right back on.

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Well ladies - I'm going to try to start take-off tomorrow morning if I can go get the morning blend at lunch. I have a list started for some foods. I think I'm going to do the unlimited protein and veggies. One question - should all the veggies be green and non-starchy - or does it matter? Can you have like roast beef? Just wondering...Thanks...I'm so excited about this adventure - I'm ready to do this - My DH asked me earlier if I should just wait and start on Monday and I said - why wait when I may be able to lose 2 lbs by Monday?? So I'm ready to go....Wish me luck!!!:) :carrot:

Heather

ptspeced
12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
HI,
Can anyone tell me where i can find the knudsens juice. I looked at Homeland and couldn't find it. Is there anywhere else i can look. Also I bought some grapefruit juice will this work please let me know

Thanks,
Ptspeced

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-28-2005, 01:31 PM
try going to
http://209.213.101.221/locate/default.aspx
and typing in your zip code and see if there is anywhere it is sold close to you ....

Ripp
12-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Heather,
I have the original unlimited sheet LAWL gave me:
Vegetable Choices:
(Use fresh, raw vegatables)
Asparagus Green Cabbage
Broccoli Green Onions/Scallions
Celery Green Peppers
Cucumbers Iceburg Lettuce
Endive Romaine Lettuce
Escarole Swiss Chard
Green Beans Zucchini

For my first go-'round, I made a raw salad using the following:
Broccoli, Celery, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Green peppers, Cilantro, garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar and Morton Lite Salt. I still keep a tub of this in my fridge and it stays fresh for about 4-5 days. I add colored peppers when not on TO. It beats having lettuce all the time.

Also, for anyone who has a hard time getting all their veggies in, I've found the individual cans of low sodium V-8 come in very handy!

That's my 2 cents...

Laurie

emmysmom
12-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I started TO today. I'm hoping to break the 25 pound mark by Friday. I've been hovering around 156-157 for a month now (my fault, though). So I'm determined to be 155 something on Friday.
Laurie, I LOVE the V-8 juice. I started drinking it because I'm not a big veggie fan, but now I actually look forward to drinking it...weird, I know!

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Laurie

Thank you so much. I went at lunch today and got my juice - I'm sooooo excited!! I was just getting ready to post a TO menu thread until I saw your post - can you give me any ideas about breakfast or is 2 eggs pretty much the extent? can you use any low fat/ low calorie dressings during TO?

Tina - what kinds of meat are you eating on the TO?

TIA
Heather

Ripp
12-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Heather,
The sheet states "You may use butter, margerine, or oil in preparing your foods. Use oil and vinegar or lite salad dressing on your salads." You are also not allowed any bars. This is ONLY for the unlimited TO. The TO in the Menu Plan Kit (Gold) does not allow for any extra fats but you are allowed 2 Lites (bars only).

As for breakfast, I ate tuna one morning and egg beaters the next. I mixed the egg beaters with sauteed green peppers (had to take advantage of cooking with butter one last time!).

Good luck! I decided to do TO yesterday and today using "The Original Celebrity Diet Juice". It was on sale at Walgreens for 2/15.99. They have a low carb option that mimics LAWL TO but with less calories (only 60) and 5% more vitamins and minerals. It also came in a berry flaver, not just cirtus.

Laurie

emmysmom
12-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Heather,
I had turkey for lunch. I normally try to keep my meats on the lean side...fish, turkey, chicken and avoid beef. Breakfast is usually just eggs. This morning I just had a LA lite for breakfast and saved the protein.

emmysmom
12-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Deets...where are you??? Did you WI yet? I'm anxious to see how TO worked for you this time...

ptspeced
12-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the infor and I found it. Thanks alot
ptspeced:carrot:

deetsmom
12-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Well, I was probably up about 4lb after a BAD three day weekend of eating (remember, I had only cheated ONE SINGLE time (one meal in my whole program time, so this is HUGE for me) and TO took off about three...I am back to the 136 mark. Still, not UNhappy bout this:)

deetsmom
12-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh, and since I was still up 1.2 from my last WI despite the fast forward...my counselor told me I was probably holding a ton of sodium (by blood pressure was up to 130/70 when its usually like 108/60) and that I probably ate TOO LITTLE yesterday....

Repo girl
12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Really? Well if that is the case then you will see more loss here in the next couple of days. I have a scale that measures weight, body fat, and water. It is nice to see if I am holding on to it in some way.

Went to COD, my weight is exactly the same as the last time I went in about a week and a half ago. Since I was up an obcene 7 lbs on Monday, I am thrilled with that!

deetsmom
12-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Katie- what kind of scale do you have? I have an OLD NON DIGITAL scale. I dont even really know how much I was REALLY up, but have a ballpark idea. Im looking to buy one, yours sounds awesome.

Repo girl
12-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I bought it at Walmart for about $38.00. It is a Taylor brand. I really like it.

deetsmom
12-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Katie..is this it? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2422943&cat=46338&type=1&dept=4044&path=0%3A4044%3A36290%3A46338 How does it measure water weight? Ive never heard of that before. Off to Walmart tomorrow though..I am sick of this crappy analog scale. It tells me I am 131 pounds though, LOL!

shennie_97
12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Heather, yes you must have green leafy veggies. Starchy veggies are not considered veggies on LAWL, they are considered starches (ie corn , potatoes) also canned or prepared veggies arenít used (due to the sodium in them). Donít forget to use your morton lite salt rather than regular salt. Dressings should be low fat and under 150 g of sodium per tablespoon (most serving sizes are listed as 2 tablespoons, so pay attention) Catalina light done right by Kraft is my fav besides red wine vinegar. Also its best to stay away from heavy proteins like roast beef for Take off. And when OP try to limit red meat and fatty meat (salmon, catfish, dark chicken) to 2-3 times per week.

Ptspeced- go to the knudsens website and it has a store locator on there.

Deets~ can I borrow your scale, maybe I will be 131 too. :lol:

Repo girl
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Deets- No, that is not it. Same brand, though. Mine is white with a silver circle on each corner and the digital display at the top.

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks again Shennie - you have helped me tremendously!!! Well I'm off to a good start - I skipped my coffee this morning and everything -

One more question - can you have the light cheese during TO or is that only during plan? and can I have any coffee with caffeine ? I know one post said you could with fat free creamer - but I wasn't sure if that was including the 2 day take off or not?

Repo girl
12-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Yes, You can have one cup of caffinated coffee during TO. I use a little bit of FF Creamer and a packet of splenda. Also, no I don't think that cheese is okay on TO. Just proteins such as fish and poultry and eggs, and green veggies. The good news is that if you are doing the unlimited, then you can have butter, mayo, lite salad dressing. Good Luck.

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
RepoGirl -

Thanks - I'm dragging so bad - b/c of not having any caffeine - I feel like I could just go to sleep on my desk. So far, I've had 2 eggs with a little turkey and of course, my water and juice......

I have roasted chicken and several cut up fresh veggies for lunch.

I just feel so tired...

shennie_97
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
heather, your body will adjust eventually, but the caffeine and sugar deprevation gets to everyone at first. But I promise it will get better. I was a pop addict before...didn't like the tast of water and NEVER drank it. would drink nothing over water and now to think I drink 8 or more glasses a day is a ahuge transformation...you can do it:D

emmysmom
12-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm also on day 2 of TO...and can't wait until the day is over! I'm doing the limited. So far I've had a lite and my juice. After lunch, I'll feel better. I need to get measured tomorrow so I'm hoping TO will help with that.

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-29-2005, 11:03 AM
well it helps alot to know I can at least have one cup of coffee tomorrow - maybe I just need to get some at lunch to pep me up - not minding the water, juice or the eating - just so sleepy!!!! Glad to know I still have some buddies on TO - I can do this - I know I can.....

Ripp
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Lost 3 lbs doing limited TO...YEAH! I really need to step it up. I started off really well and now I'm only averaging 1.38 per week. Besides TO, does anyone know a sure fire way to jump start? Proteins in the morning rather than night?

Thanks! You all seem so supportive of one another!

Laurie

emmysmom
12-29-2005, 01:03 PM
YEAH RIPP!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: ;)
I hope I am as successful when I WI tomorrow.

PURPLEPIRATE99
12-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats Ripp - I was waiting to see how you did!! WTG!!!:carrot: :carrot:

Heather

Repo girl
12-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Ripp, When I slowed down a lot recently, the manager of my COD said to try the following for a couple of weeks: Dairy:only skim milk, no cheese or yogurt
Protein: Poultry, seafood, egg beaters, no red meat Veggies: No lettuce or celery, mostly dark green stuff Fruit: No bananas or citrus, mainly berries and apples Starch:Try to use only whole grain products. I did try this, but was not very successful, do to the holidays. Now I am trying to follow as closely as possible, but do enjoy cheese occasionally.

Congrats on the 3 lbs!:carrot: :carrot:

shennie_97
12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't think prteins in the day will help by itself, I would suggest not to have Heavy proteins in the morning, but I think starches and starchy fruits in the morning help, and just smaller meals in the evening. Be sure to save enough food for the evening though because you do not want to get hungry and have to cheat.

textjewel
12-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Ripp, the suggestions that I got were to try to keep my starches before 4:00 -- which means dinner is often times just protein and veg. Sometimes, it just helps to mix up your food if you tend to eat the same thing everyday -- switch the types of proteins, types of starches. . .

And also, retry weighing and measuring. . sometimes our eyesight starts to get 'blurry'. . at least it does for me.

Julie

Ripp
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! One more Holiday party to overcome and then it should be smooth sailing. I guess I'll just hang out by the veggie tray! :carrot:

Laurie

emmysmom
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
9:30 on Friday and Day 2 of TO...yeah!!! I'm about to go to bed and pray for a good WI tomorrow. I am 0.6 away from the 25 pound mark and determined to make it tomorrow. I think I'll even do an extra workout in the morning, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow!

shennie_97
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
emmy~ FYI right after working out, you actually weigh more because of the water from sweating. (can't explain it more, but I know it is true ;) )

emmysmom
12-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the tip, Shennie. I actually got up late this morning so I didn't work out and now I'm glad that I didn't. I'm afraid to eat anything before lunch, though, because I'm really shooting for that 156.0!!!

textjewel
12-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Tina - Star is more up on this - but I think what happens especially with strength training is that the muscles retain water - which causes a scale gain. . I haven't noticed that with cardio so much.

Julie

Wrigley
12-30-2005, 01:48 PM
so i did the TO but then had a root canal on tuesday and have not been able to eat anything but mashed potatoes, today i tried Subway, isn't that wonderful.

i was done a little but we will have to see what happens when i go in today.

oh well, wait and see.

emmysmom
12-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, I DID IT!!!!!!:carrot:
I went to WI today and not only hit the 25 pound loss mark, I lost 26 pounds total!!!
TO was worth it this time.:dancer:

deetsmom
12-30-2005, 04:21 PM
WOO HOO, Tina!

deetsmom
12-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Somehow I lost 1.4 today, back to an even 135!

shennie_97
12-30-2005, 04:24 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Yeah Tina!!!
I just hit my 25 mark too...congrats

deetsmom
12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
d'ya know that when I hit my goal (which was 135 and I since lowered it to the 124 shown) AND when I hit 25lb - the reaction from my center? NOTHIN'. No freebies either...I dont know how you guys do it! Theyre nice enough there, I like them a lot, but not all that congratulatory and never give a THING away.

Loves Saddlebreds
01-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I weighed myself and found out over the holidays I gained another 3 lbs - eek! Started TO first thing this am - I hope I see some results before I start the plan. TO is tough after this holiday free for all - I'm soo hungry and I want a pie of that cake my husband is munching while I am drinking hot water and lemon :mad:

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Well ladies I'm so excited to say that I took off 5 lbs during TO!! I did TO last Thursday and Friday and have followed the Gold plan w/Lites since Saturday. I've done so good!! I can finally say that I'm proud of myself for getting back on track. I went a bought a new scale at Wal-Mart after hearing you ladies talk about the BMI and Hydration levels calculations. I haven't set all that up - but I definitely like the number it shows me for the weight. I couldn't think of a better way to start off 2006 with already 6.5 lbs gone!!!

Thanks for all your help getting started - I appreciate it. I figure I better go introduce myself on the Friends thread sometime hear soon!!

Heather :carrot:

Repo girl
01-03-2006, 09:44 AM
WTG Heather!!

bkstitch
01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi girls,
I did take off on the 28th and 29th, only lost a few lbs. Does anyone have leg cramps when on TO? My legs hurt so bad I could hardly take it. Also what is the deal with hot water and lemon? I have seen it mentioned quite a bit. Do most of you take the supplements? I don't know if I should buy more. I did them when I first started, ran out and don't know if I should spend the money on them. Your group is great.

Loves Saddlebreds
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

WOOHOO!!! In just 24 hours of being really, really good on TO - I lost 4.2 pounds!!! This is just what I needed to kick my a#@$ into gear and really diet. I'm so excited, I'm headed to the store to shop for Luna bars and some healthy foods.

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Repogirl - I was very excited myself!!!

WTG - Saddlebreds - it is such a great feeling to get a good amount off at first - gives great motivation!!!

Heather

Rockstar11
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I have a quick question about the gold take off- I know that it is limited but it says 2 servings of veggies a day- how many servings of proteins is everyone doing?

shennie_97
01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
6oz of protein, 2 cups of veggies, not 2 servings

bkstitch, you have to remember to take your lite salt that can be the cause of your problems.