Old 12-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #1  

Default Post- Christmas Take-Off/Fast Forward buddies

Since there are so many of us doing Take-off this week. I thought we could all work together to get through it. Plus there are quite a few newbies doing it and they can get their questions answered over on one thread instead of have to search through are wonderful tales of a Merry christmas to find answers.

So everyone post your take-off method and the foods you are using, and hopefully we can push each other to Wednesday morning.

I am doing the limited version with 6 oz protein and veggies. Doing the orange juice version because i didn't get a chance to pick up any knudsens and the food store I go to is closed today also. Just picked up a ton of chicken breat so chicken will be my protein.

Going to have some hot tea with lemon to start my day off. Have a POP take-off everyone.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

OMG, Shennie...I am so there with you. My post title was going to be "So how many pounds up are you and who's doing TO today"? My scale says I am up FOUR!!!! I am doing the unlimited protein and green vegs with the juice from the center. I am not planning on eating much though..I WENT WAY OVERBOARD yesterday. We had filet mignon for dinner and I took home two pieces, so I will have that and some chicken at lunch. DEFINITELY having hot lemon water as we speak as well!

BTW- your son is SO handsome!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Shennie + Deets - I was going to sign up for this take off extravaganza with you both, but I just remembered I am heading to Seattle tomorrow and there will be some dining out etc.
So I will be on the wagon next Monday.

I have been doing OK so far with the temptations, just little nibbles here and there.
But they do add up, so I am in cautious mode.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am doing unlimited with oranges, since I don't do the bars. I really need to push water today too. Feel like I have not had any in days!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #5  

Thanks deets, the problem is that i think he is starting to think he is handsome too
Old 12-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #6  

I am with you guys.

I am drinking the juice as we speak. I was only up 2.5 from the cruise but how hard was it to hope back on plan with the week before christmas, so i got the juice on friday and we will see if this works. i am doing the limited with the juice from the center.

i have my juice and my water right next to each other. I had a small cup of coffee this morning (decaf) and have had about 1/2 of one bar so far. I forgot that i can have the lemon water too, so i might be heading for that next.

had tons of starches yesterday but ate within reason, so that is not too bad. i did have 2 pieces of pie at the same time ( they were different flavors) but did not eat all of both of them, just ate about 1/2 of each, and they were small pieces.

Chicken for dinner but that is about as far as i have gotten for today.

the nice thing is i am not really hungry to i don't mind doing this one, as long as i don't get sick like last time.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #7  
Katie

Well, day 1 was a huge success. I was up about 7 pounds! I weighed this morning, and have dropped 4 of them, so hopefully today will be just as successful! Good luck buddies!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  

yeah Katie!!!!
down a little oveer 2 lbs, but cheated last night and had a sausage, so that didn't help gte rid of the water.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #9  
banned

HOW THE HECK?! At best Im down just one pound from TO...I did unlimited yesterday and had 4oz filet mignon, a huge salad with a little chicken and 2 eggs at breakfast. Today I havent even eaten yet (YIKES!)...Maybe I will go the 6oz version today...im not even hungry.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #10  

well, so far so goo for me. i was up 2.6 from the cruise and gained another .6 during the week. when i went in yesterday before i even started TO i was down 1.6, so that is a plus. i am almost done with my juice only have the H2O and protein left to eat tonight. but have to go and have a root canal so i should be good, cause i am thinking i will not want to eat anything anyways.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #11  
banned

I decided to do it up in style this time...lunch is boiled shrimp and lobster tail! YUM
Old 12-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #12  
Katie

Wow Deets, yum! I had grilled chicken with sauteed onions and a big side of steamed broccoli.

I know I asked this on the other thread already, but do any of you know what the fat recomendation is from the book for TO?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #13  
banned

Wow, TO was really easy this time. There are some weeks that I am SO hungry OP and obsessed with planning my next meal and eating throughout the day. I was totally NOT hungry today and only had two very small meals and am just about done my latest TO adventure, thank goodness! HOPEFULLY I will have a nice WI like you other girls!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #14  

my ticker is officially correct for the first time in about 2 weeks

TO got me back down to 158.4..goal is to try to get to the 157's before year's end.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #15  
Katie

Yeah Shennie! You can do it, great job!!

So, what are some good food choices the day after TO? I hate the idea that some of the weight may come right back on.