100 lb. Club - It's a wonderful life!

View Full Version : It's a wonderful life!

howie6267
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
This week has just been fantastic. Kimberley made her goal of 199! And now drum roll please....... I HAVE MADE IT TO 245!:carrot: :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :flame: :goodvibes :cloud9:

That's right I hit my goal. 18 months ago I started this thing wondering how I would ever make it to where I am today. Now that I'm here I wonder how I did it so quick. Stick with your goals everyone this feeling is so worth it and I want every one of you to have the same feeling.

I have decided that I will lose a bit more. Right now I'm set for 230 as my goal so 15 more lbs but I'm not sure what I'll end up at. Might be less might be more. I at least want to get 10 lbs below my original goal. I figure 10 lbs is what I'm going to use for my maintenance guidelines. Never get higher than that 10. Probably will never go over 5 from where I stop but 10 will be the big warning bell.

Jen415
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Let me be the first to say.....

:carrot: :cb: CONGRATULATIONS!!:carrot: :carrot: :cb:

You and Kimberley are great inspirations for me!

synger
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
:bravo: :bravo:

:bravo: :bravo:

Congratulations!!!!

You are SUCH an inspiration to us all. Having your calm words of wisdom has meant a lot to me over these months. You are one of the pillars of this community, and I'm tickled pink that you've met this milestone. Way to go!!

:balloons:

:cloud9:

Sheila53
12-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Howie!! :carrot: Congratulations!! I'm just thrilled that you made it to your goal. What a truly wonderful day!

Now. . .we want those before and after pics as soon as possible. :D

BethC
12-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Congratulations!!!!

ChocLabLover
12-21-2005, 11:43 AM
:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :dancer: :woo: :balloons: :cheer:

Congratulations Howie!

I have said it to Kimberly, but here I will say it to you, you are an inspiration!
(Don't forget us little people when you move over to the maintainers forum! ;) )

howie6267
12-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Like I said befor this is my home. Thanks for the kind words. This is just a great day for me. I like that I only hit 245 and did not go past it. Kimberley thinks I'm strange but I like that my weight chart says 0 to lose instead of being a negitive number.

Jillegal
12-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, you just brought a tear to my eye, Howie! :sssh: We joined this place within a month of each other and I've watched your progress with awe. :high: Now I'm pretty much speechless (yes, ME!) and will merely offer my heartfelt congratulations on an amazing achievement. U DA MAN!! :yes:

howie6267
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks Jill, you speechless, now I feel honored.

Sandi
12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:hug: :carrot: :D :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :flame: :dancer: :cloud9::encore: :cheer: :hug: :carrot: :D :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :flame: :dancer: :cloud9: :balloons: :encore: :cheer::hug: :carrot: :D :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :flame: :dancer: :cloud9: :balloons::hug: :carrot: :D :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :flame: :dancer:

I am sooooo happy and excited for you!! That is the BEST news!! You should know by now that you are such a source of inspiration for me!! You rock, Howie, you really do!!! :D

sabriena
12-21-2005, 12:59 PM
oh my gosh!!! You've been the biggest inspiration to me since I started and wow.. you've hit your goal!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!! Congrats!!! It must be a time of big celebrations at your house! With you hitting your goal and with Kimberley hitting 199 all in about the same time!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Jen415
12-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Like I said befor this is my home. Thanks for the kind words. This is just a great day for me. I like that I only hit 245 and did not go past it. Kimberley thinks I'm strange but I like that my weight chart says 0 to lose instead of being a negitive number.

I think Kimberley's right! (Just kidding!)

howie6267
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey now be nice. I like even numbers. My chart looks perfect clean and tidy now.

Heather
12-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Based on your title (and knowing how close you were) I KNEW what this post was going to say before I even clicked on it!

I bet if you got on the scale now you'd weight nothing -- you must be floating on air! :)

FANTASTIC NEWS, for both you and Kimberly!!! VERY inspirational!

ambabs
12-21-2005, 01:26 PM
OMG CONGRATS!!!! That is so wonderful and such an inspiration for those of us getting really down about the weightloss thing.

DishyFishy
12-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, isn't that a fantastic present you've given yourself?
Congratulations, Howie, on an incredible achievement. I'm so happy for you! :high:

barbygirl43
12-21-2005, 02:24 PM
That is so awesome Howie.
Congratulations Howie
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

You really are an inspiration. I'm with you on this one and if it was a major goal would want to hit it on the nose as well. :D

Amanda Panda
12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS HOWIE AND KIMBERLEY!!

What a fantastic year this has been for you both - I know you've both had your up's and down's in your weight loss journeys, but this time you both seem to have really knuckled down and the rewards of your hard work are huge!

Well done you two - what an inspiration you are!

Love Amanda x

glynne
12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Congratulations Howie ~ I am excited and happy for you.

And thank you to you and Kimberly ~ you all are always so positive and upbeat ~ that is such a help to the rest of us.

:cp: :dance: :flow2:

teahoney
12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Congratulations!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

That is great.

maggie2005
12-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I am soooo happy for the both of you! What wonderful news. I need to see that people with "more" weight to lose can achieve their dreams. It gives me hope for my future! Thanks for sharing your joy!!!!!

boiaby
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS HOWIE!!!
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Wow, what a year this has been for both you and Kimberley! Simply amazing and truly inspiring to us all. Thank you for sharing your wonderful life with all of us here Howie.

Beverly

Gardenwife
12-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Rah, rah, rah! :cheer:

When I was a teenager, I surely never thought I'd say "the man I married is half the man he used to be", let alone be so tickled when I said it. I'm bustin' with pride for you, babe!

Why'd it take me so long to get involved here at 3FC? Like the new eating, it took a while to become a habit, and it's been so worth it. Thank you all SO much!

wip
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
WOW - That is awesome. How great for you both to have achieved such important goals together.

Sandi - that was the cutest post I've ever seen.

ScarlettDrawl
12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Congratulations. Enjoy your success!

hautbois
12-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Congratulations! What a fantastic week for both of you! I'm glad you have made 3FC your home, it wouldn't be the same without you :)

Jenaya
12-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Congratulations....I am so happy for you!! Now, contrary to what I said to you before and in this particular situation only - what other people say IS your business! Absorb the good wishes and know how proud we all are of your (and our Ms. Kimberly too) success!! Bravo...Bravo...Bravo... (I am sorry, I can't do any of those neat little hooray creatures - I am amiss when it comes to technological intelligence). What a wonderful Christmas gift to you, love you! Way to go...

mabear
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Congratulations Howie!

:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::bravo::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp ::cp:

I'm so very happy for you. It was nice of you to let Kimberley hit her mini-goal first this week ;) . Fun to have met your goal before finishing work and that its a perfect number too!

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage (http://www.plomp.com/mabear)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/chick01/lb/272/155/188/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

jmacway
12-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Congratulations Howie!! What a wonderful gift you and Kimberley have given each other, thinner and healthier bodies.

Gardenwife
12-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi, everyone. Howie's last day at work was today and he's already snoozin'.

I took his antique pocket watch to a local jewelry store for engraving today; he'd said he wanted to have that done when he reached his goal. There's a little glass window in the middle of its back, but the engraver and I worked together to get things to fit around it. It will say this:

12/21/2005:
245 pounds

Half the man you
used to be!

Love,
Kimberley

Stepping Out
12-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Congratulations to you both on meeting your goals!! :carrot: :cb: :dancer: :goodvibes :balloons: I'm a lurker here at 100 +; and I've been watching your progress over the past year. You both are such an inspiration. I'm looking forward to reading your magazine article. :)

Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas! :snowglo: :gift2: :hohoho:

Heather
12-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Kimberly -- What an awesome idea about the watch!

barbygirl43
12-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Kimberley that is so sweet. He's going to love it!!!

ledom
12-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Well done - both of you!:carrot:

Loser2B
12-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, this is my very first post, but I wanted to say Congratulations! I need to lose 140 lbs myself, and it seems very overwhelming - it's great to see that you made it & in only 18 months!!

djs06
12-24-2005, 02:36 AM
OH MY GOSH HOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!!! CONGRATS! you really are an inspiration!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow, how did I miss this one??? Congratulations Howie!!! I've said it before, I'll say it again: no drugs, no surgery, no weird foods or specially pre-made foods, just healthy eating & exercise, and that's FANTASTIC!!! Both you & your awesome wife are an inspiration to us all!

:cheers:

famograham
12-27-2005, 03:07 AM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
HOWIE AND KIMBERLEY, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU AND SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS.....YOU BOTH ROCK!!!!!!
:hug: :flow1: :grouphug: :woo: :wizard: :balloons: :cheer: :ginger: :xcheer: :clause: :tree: :candy:

xoxoxxo
Linda

irishgreengables
12-27-2005, 10:13 AM
WOW! What a holiday you 2 are having! How wonderful to go through the holidays having reached such incredible goals, instead of having to make New Year's resolutions to FINALLY lose the weight. You are already there! Congratulations!

Gardenwife
12-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks, you guys! I'm so proud of Howie and happy for him (and me, for that matter). We were just talking about how nice it will be next holiday season when we're both actually at our goals and we can enjoy stuff in moderation while maintaining. OH, man, what a THOUGHT. :D