Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #1  

Default need help AGAIN!!

Hi everyone, I am wondering how often you weigh yourselves and how often do you have your measurements taken? I seem to step on the scale about 5 times a day (i know its a bad habit)! I have never taken my measurements, but I have to confess that I did follow the Herbal Magic program for 4 months and I have recently quit (too much money)! I use to get measured there every week and I did go down 55 inches in total. I want to start doing this myself and have stopped going to Herbal Magic but I am so worried that I am going to gain some of the weight back. I have lost 37 pounds on the Herbal Magic program and I have 10 more to lose. Do you think I did the right thing by quitting? I hear that those herbals dont do anything for weight loss and its the food plan they put you on that makes you lose the wieght. I have been doing the treadmill alot aswell. I am just so scared of putting weight back on that I step on the scale CONSTANTLY!! Im going crazy!
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #2  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

I exactly know what you mean. I am also scale addict too, and it seems to me actually it helps. I would like to see where I am to make myself motivated. If, I lost some then its great, and if I gained some then I motivate myself to lose that again... etc. I think its different for everyone. Some say its better if you don't weigh yourself everyday but I find the weighing myself everyday a bit helpful.
I am not sure about Herbal Magic, but I was on Herballife program about 2 1/2 years ago. It helped me to lose about 20 lbs and you are right it is expensive. I've spent a lot of money for 3 months supply of vitamins and cocktails... etc. However, I stopped after 3 months because it was pricey and I also felt that I was starving all the time even when they said the cocktails and vitamins would make me full. That never happened. Once I got pregnant I gained all the weight back and then some. But I know a friend who was on Herbal life kept it off even she stopped it. But she made changes after the program. She started to eat healthier and exercised. So, I think that if you're doing treadmills and start to control your calorie intake then I am sure you would be fine. Good Luck!!!

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I weigh myself once a week and when I was losing weight I did measurements once every 2 months. I would advise measuring yourself in centimeters, it's easier to see movement
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:56 PM   #4  

Thank you for replying back. Your information was helpful. I realize I should probably only weigh myself once a week, but I cant help myself. It seems like everytime I walk by the bathroom with the scale in it, I have to go in and step on it.
TSOTS - thanks for your help on the Herbal programs. I am just so nervous about not going back to it (was it really the pills that helped to lose the weight or the foodplan)! I am sure its the foodplan.
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I had to stop weighing myself 2-3 times a day. When the scale went down, I was happy. When the scale went up, I felt like a miserable failure. And the scale went UP down UP down UP down all day.

It was very liberating to only weigh myself once a week.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 AM   #6  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

I agree with you. I believe it was the foodplan that made me to lose the weight. But I think it you can do better without the program. I was afraid at first when started, so thats why I went onto the program. But after losing some without the program, I found out that I could do it much better and without spending too much.

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote