General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default I've never tried Starbucks, what r your favorites?

I may be the only person in the U.S. who has never tried a Starbucks coffee??!!

I do enjoy coffee, especially the flavored ones.

I've heard that some of the starbucks' coffees are as calorie-heavy as a piece of chocolate cake!

Please, any Starbucks' fans, tell me if the brew is THAT good?!?!!

What are the best, lowest calorie brews?

thanks for any info and opinions!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:21 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't really buy coffee drinks much anymore - too many calories for most of it...too much money, too. But there is nutrition infomation about all their drinks here

If I do buy a coffee drink - I like White mocha's - the independent coffee shop near my house makes a pretty good one with the white mocha mix made with splenda - the calories all come from the milk...
Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #3  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I like Starbucks and will splurge (money and calories) occasionally for a small skim white chocolate mocha or a small caramel apple cider.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #4  
Xer
What a dork.

I LOVE chai tea lattes. They're not the best calorie-wise.. but if you get a small one they're not too bad. =)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:15 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrynurse
I may be the only person in the U.S. who has never tried a Starbucks coffee??!!
Nope. I live 50 ft. from one and never been there. But I wonder if the fact that I don't drink coffee has anything to do with it.

However, a few years ago, I did visit a Starbucks for some hot chocolate. And if the richness of that chocolate is any indication of calories, you might wanna stay clear away from them. LOL
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #6  

Cool

I go to Starbucks every work morning for a vente tea because they use steaming hot water which makes nice strong tea and it's better than the lukewarm stuff at the office. I don't care for their chai - it's way too sweet and a vente nonfat chai has 300 calories. I get my chai at Peet's, a local chain, that is really spicy, less sweet and has more kick -- and a large nonfat is only 169 calories.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Personally, I would go for the piece of cake.
That being said, my usual is a caramel frappacino in the the summer and and caramel machiatto in the winter (I looove caramel!).
Old 12-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I was NOT a coffee drinker when I moved to the Seattle area, but QUICKLY learned that coffee is a way of life, here in the motherlode of Starbucks That said, many people here avoid Starbucks just because they ARE so prevalent (think of all those Walmart-taking-over-the-world commentaries).

Anyway, I have to say I prefer Starbucks over other places. Now that I'm watchin' my calories, I go for a Tall, Skinny (nonfat milk) Sugarfree vanilla latte--90 calories. I have a running joke with the Starbucks folks at my local Barnes & Noble (my version of date night: hangin' out at the bookstore with a froufy coffee in hand!)--in the evening I order a "Why Bother" which is our name for a skinny, sugarfree, CAFFEINE-free drink--it sorta tastes like coffee but what am I gettin' for my money they always ask (actually, the milk protein is my response and it DOES keep me satisfied). I usually eat a 200 cal breakfast and have a tall 90 cal latte mid morning and that lasts me 'til lunch.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #9  

A low point option--non-fat latte, which will also give you a decent calcium serving.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #10  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I don't go to Starbuck's much, out of spite mostly, but I LOOOOOVE their caramel frappacino. Ohmilawd, that is the best thing in the world. But I only have it about once a year or so.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Plain coffee isn't loaded with calories. Its the different coffee drinks that you have to watch out for. The type that are mixed...coffee, caramel, whipcream, and cocoa type mixes.

Personally I like the coffee blend of the day(right now its the christmas blend) with a squirt of sugar free vanilla and a splash of 1/2 & 1/2

The coffee isnt flavoured, its different blends of coffee from different regions. You are not going to find irish cream flavoured coffee and the like.

When I have a treat, its the chantico (liquid chocolate drink) with a big ole oatmeal cookie. Basically my calorie alotment for the day!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 5'8

I 'discovered' Starbucks 3 years ago, after first moving to the States and I've been having problems breaking away. In summer I can have 2 large frapuccinos with extra whip cream a day. That's 1200 kcal on top of what I normally eat. I got a new job and we have a Starbucks around the corner. I would go there during my break (twice a day) jsut to get out of the building and end up getting some calorie loaded drink and pastry. Now, that it's cold, I don't feel like going anywhere during my breaks...but that's not a real solution to my Starbucks addiction.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #13  
it's always something

I've never tried them, because everyone talks about how addictive they are, lol. I don't need something else to crave
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #14  
Melting Butter

No, I've never went to Starbucks...even though there is always one around. If I'm wanting coffee which is only once or twice a month, I just buy the flavored sugar free coffees from the store in those tins...they are low in calories, fat, and sugar.
Starbucks is just too frightening for me to even think about.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #15  

Default starbucks can be good

I live near a starbucks. The barista has made a iced coffee for me that is to die for!!! She mixes 1 1/2 shots of sugar free hazelnut with 2 shots of sugar free vanilla in the iced coffee. If you mix them, the flavor combines great!!!!!! I have found the plain vanilla boring and the plain hazelnut too sweet. Also, a sugar free pasion fruit or green tea is good
Closed Thread