Support Groups - Starting fresh for 2006

View Full Version : Starting fresh for 2006

Hockeychic
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I know it is early but anyone interested in getting a group starting 2006???

I have been losing slowly and over the holidays I am just happy to maintain which I am doing. Starting Jan 1, I am getting back on track.

Anyone with me???

Kim

Vonne78
12-20-2005, 02:24 PM
You can count me in Kim. I won't be around much (with holiday stuff going on) until Jan 1, but I'll be ready to get back on track then.

Hockeychic
12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Yvonne

I don't expect to be here much either with the holidays fast approaching.but thought I would start the ball rolling. Get a good support system going here. I can't wait to get started. I am maintaining right now....it is hard but I am getting through it. Just a few more social engagements and I should be fine.

Hope you keep in touch.

Kim

Vonne78
12-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I have 3 holiday dinners to go and family keeps sending pies,cakes,cookies and etc. to my son too :eek:
But, so far I haven't gained anything :) which is great for me this time of year.
Congrats on your loss so far & good luck.
I'll keep in touch as much as I can before the first. :D

Elanajel
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
WOuld love to be in this group. PM me if you want.

supernurse_mommie
12-20-2005, 05:58 PM
HEY THERE :ebike: count me in.. *jumps up and down* please!
Im eager to REALLY hit it come the first of the year.. and i would love to try a group.. I have a buddy, but im so dern busy that i may not be too good at the buddy thing.. maybe a group would be better?

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

KristyLou
12-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Hello Everyone. Count me it to. I would love to lose the rest of the weight I have left to lose by September of 2006. That is my goal! I hope to see all of you back on line after the hectic holidays!;)

okie74
12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
ok if Kristy is in so am I.....:cool:

Hockeychic
12-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey everyone welcome!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great group we have started. I can't wait to get started. I have a feeling this is going to be a very successful group and we are going to do it.

A bit about myself. I will be 40 late in Feb.....yikess....I am married with 2 teenagers.....I work full time outside the home. My DH is extremely supportive it is nice to have that support at home as well as on these boards. My plan of attack is going to be pretty simple. Make better food choices and get in alot more exercise. I went on my first cruise last October and the photos of my in them are terrible. We are going on another cruise Oct 2006 which is my ultimate goal for my weight loss. But I would like to lose as much as possible before the summer.

Have a great day all......

Kim

dgpebbles
12-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone..you can count me in..:cb:

I actually just started my diet two days ago so this would be a good group for me being I'm starting out new and the holiday time is a really bad time to start a diet...:dizzy:

Wish everyone luck

Merry Christmas:elf:

yankeegirl26
12-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site but this is exactly what I need right now...SUPPORT!! =). I was on weight watchers a few years ago and then lost the motivation. I'm ready to get back on track and lose some weight. I would love to start the new year off right. Today's my first day!

Vonne78
12-21-2005, 09:45 AM
This will be wonderful to come back to a lot of support after the holidays.
I wanted to tell you a little bit about me too, I'm 27 today :gift: :woo: :balloons: I work full time outside of the home as well.
I have a very supportive fiancee (which does make a world of diffrence) and I have a 3 year little boy.

My plan is similar to hockeychic's just eat healthier. and do a lot more exercise :strong:

Hope you all have a VERY happy holiday.

Elanajel
12-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Happy Birthday Yvonne!

I am also 40; my son is 13 (not such an easy age!) and my daughter is 8. I lost a decent amount of weight with WW and have been Lifetime since Nov. 2004. But some weight has crept back on (wasn't tracking food closely) and isn't coming off as quicklyas I would like! I'm sticking to a good exercise program at my YMCA--too much snow/cold here to do outdoor exercise (I'm not a skier or ice skater). I cut back to 20 points which should make a difference on the scale.

This board looks like it will be a very supportive one! Hope everyone has a wonderful new year.

Hockeychic
12-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome everyone.!!!!!!

Wow what a group this is awesome, I was afraid to post to early in case no one would respond but this is great!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Yvonne!!!!!!

sabriena
12-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone :) I'll try to be a part of the group too!! I love the little clubs and stuff this forum has going and always looking for another one!! Since you guys are really pushing at the beginning of the year.. I'll go for it too!!

I'm still trying to lose weight but happy with maintaining my loss!! :) So, I'll keep checking back here.. or better yet you could always PM me ;P

Vonne78
12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Thank you so much for the happy wishes. :hug: I'm getting to test my will power today that's for sure. I got a bouquet of candy canes this morning and the neighbor at work bought me a cake.
I have had a little of both..:devil: Hope you all do really well through all these holiday treats and dinners. Good Luck!!

emerald dragonfly
12-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I want to join!!! *jumping for joy* I think this is a great motivater for all.

emerald dragonfly

BumpSetSpike
12-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I'll join

Cassie

xostephie
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
ooh ohh ohh!!! I wanna join!:-D

BethMichelle1011
12-22-2005, 01:24 AM
i would also LOVE to joint he group! I plan on watching what i eat throughout the week...but after christmas i will get back on plan 100%

Lyndsey86
12-22-2005, 01:26 AM
I'll join you since thats when I plan on starting up. *smiles*

Hockeychic
12-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone and welcome to all.

Can't wait to get started. This is going to be a group full of losers (weight losers) that is....

Have a great day all.

Kim

DawnJohn
12-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Good morning,

I think this just might be the p;ace for me. Over the holidays I am just trying not to gain anymore weight. (somehow I've managed to tack on another 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks! :eek: ) My local WW group meets on Wednesdays so next Wed I am going to join again, we also are getting a Curves fitness centre in town. I'm going to try and join it, but childcare is my biggest issue. Husband works long hours and leaves at 2 am to go to work so when he gets home he eats and goes straight to bed. So i'm stuck with not being able to go to the gym at night.

Anyways, 2006 is going to be my year to succeed with my WL. :cp: My plan is to follolw WW strictly (in the past I have been bad :devil: ) and try an exercise a lot more cause I think that's how I lost the weight the first time I did WW.

A little about myself. I'm 32 (just turned Dec 12), married, 2 beautiful children, Husband and I run our own business( I do the office and bookkeeping), and I'm a part-time nursing student.

Anyways looking forward to chatting with you all in the new year. Gotta go
daughter just work up in a bear:mad: and son wants me to put his movie in.

Merry Christmas! :present: :hohoho:
Dawn:cheer:

Elanajel
12-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi Dawn--My MIL in New Hampshire joined Curves last year and she loves it. It's great she can do a focused workout and be done quickly. Sticking to a plan during this time of year is definitely hard. I have accepted that I put on a few pounds in November--wasn't tracking my food carefully--trying to maintain right where I am for now. I am exercising regularly and tracking food again. It's frustrating that I regained some weight, but i guess it's easier to catch it now than when it becomes a big gain. Oh well. No one said it would be easy!

Hope everyone has a good day. I have to take my son w/me to Costco--final shopping before my parents arrive for a Hanukkah visit.

hellokittyfan
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Please count me in. I'm 32 and would love to join your group. I need to lose about 40-pounds. My ultimate goal is to be a size 10 or 8. I haven't been either size really since I was 22!! I lost about 50 pounds last year, then slowly gained it back. It creeped up on me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas holiday. I won't be around for a few days, but I'll pop back in next week.

Happy belated birthday to Yvonne!

Take care.

Lisa :rudolph:

My_Year_2oo6
12-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Count me in too. I am new at this and this is my first time ever joining any group on-line so be ez on me:?: I really want this so I need all the support I can get.
Thanks Debby :carrot: http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/tulip-bar/sliderbug/lb/220/180/220/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

yankeegirl26
12-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Hey everyone,
I really love this site! I've been keeping track of my WW points and I'm on track so far. I think i'll treat myself to a non-fat Starbucks Cappucino today...ofcourse within points range. And for my activity...walking in the mall =).

Hope everyone's doing well!

-Yankeegirl26

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro3/slider-but8/lb/0/19/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Elanajel
12-22-2005, 01:22 PM
I always do the non-fat latte at Starbucks so I can count it for calcium. Or a mocha if I have the points to allow it!

chaarli
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I'd love to join this group too.
After losing weight last Christmas and then maintaining over Winter (It's summer here now), I've started to put weight back on over the the last 2 months.
I have just restarted myself and need the motivation to get going again..look forward to getting to know you all better.

Hockeychic
12-23-2005, 07:38 AM
Look at the size of the group we have going.....wow.

I will probably not be on much from now till the new year, I am off work at noon today and not back until Jan 3rd....yaaaaaaa

With Christmas, New Years and we are heading north to ski for 3 days.....but I will check in from home when I have the chance.

Have a awesome Christmas everyone and get prepared to start new on Jan 1st.

Kim

Vonne78
12-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Just wanted to say I hope everyone's holiday went well and Happy New Year.Hope to talk to you all again on Jan 1st.

sabriena
12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
My holidays were great! I had Christmas be the day to splurge and have still lost weight doing it!! :) So I'm a happy camper! :)

How about everyone else?

Vonne78
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Congrats Sabriena, that's great keep up the good work! I didn't gain or lose so I'm pretty happy too. I'm really getting motivated now all the temptation is out of the way.

candoitby06
12-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey ladies....we just started an April Fools mini challenge over in the support forum.....If you all are interested there are lots of really great people over there with the goal to lose by April Fools Day. Weekly weigh ins on Fridays and weekly challenges for everyone....and of course tons of kind words!

Hope to see you over there, if not, good luck with your weight loss!!!!

Ciao Chicas!

ABurns27
12-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Id like to join :)

Elanajel
12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, my parents left today after a brief (4 day) and hectic visit. I got some breaks from my kids, which felt nice! Exercised tonight--still eating mroe than I should. Going to my WW meeting tomorrow for some reinforcement!

Hockeychic
12-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone!!!!!!

I am back, I hope you all had a great Christmas. I have got to catch up on the thread but almost time to get started. I am off to look at a thead mill today, I have a bike but DH would rather use a thread Mill so off we go....hoping for a boxing day sale.

Kim

shabna
12-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am 25 F and 178 Lbs. And it looks worse because I am only 5' 2". I am tired , I am tired of setting goals and wanting to getting in shape. I am extreme emotional eater. I am sad I eat, I am bored I eat. And my biggest weakness is carbs. Especially rice. I need a buddy. I also need some advice. What do you guys would be a good short team goal and time line for that goal. I want to get to 120 pounds. Thats the right weight for me. I hope I get there in this life time.

Tell me what you all think

Shabna

shabna
12-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am 25 F and 178 Lbs. And it looks worse because I am only 5' 2". I am tired , I am tired of setting goals and wanting to getting in shape. I am extreme emotional eater. I am sad I eat, I am bored I eat. And my biggest weakness is carbs. Especially rice. I need a buddy. I also need some advice. What do you guys would be a good short team goal and time line for that goal. I want to get to 120 pounds. Thats the right weight for me. I hope I get there in this life time.

Tell me what you all think

Shabna

DawnJohn
12-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Shabna,

Welcome to the group. Don't feel bad about your weight, you came to the right place. Like you I am an emotional eater, esepcially mid-afternoon when I'm bored or the kids wnat something, my downfall is anything sweet. For my first goal, I am to lose 10 pounds, because if I tried to lose the whole 70 I want to lose, it just sounds undoable. But 10 pound increments is doable. My mini goal to myself is to stop drinking pop, it's been in the house since Christmas and I'll drink it instead of my water, so my goal is day by day.

Hope this helps, and good luck, if you need a buddy you can lean on me. :cheer:

Well gotta go, good luck to everyone starting their wl journey in the next few days, I'll be thinking about you all. :grouphug:

Always,
Dawn

My_Year_2oo6
12-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello all, Today I when out to buy a scale have not owned one for years now, I know why I did not owe one............ Anyways I get on it thinking it will be at 220 right? :cry: :cry: 234 WOW that is the highest weight I have ever been at. So this year will be a year of work but it will all be worth it............ So lets stick to this and be BIG LOSERS and see it all come off.....:goodluck: To All B/C I need it........
Debby

erikatheloser
12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey, I would like to be a part of this group, too. My name's Erika and I am 19. I have been trying to lose weight for the past two years. I started off being around 185-190 pounds, and currently, I am around 160 (though my lowest, about a couple of months ago was 152). I am eager for the new year to start and to lose the rest of this weight! (My long term goal is 130 pounds).

imabriton
12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone, I'd love to join the group, I wqas planning on getting started on the !st Jan anyway. I need the support so this will be great!
Happy New Year all

MelodyAM75
12-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi. I am starting fresh in 2006. I have been dieting way too long and I want to make a permanent change so that I can finally win this weight loss battle once and for all. I have been yo-yoing for years, but in the last few years I haven't gotten past losing 10 and gaining it back. So, I really have to make some real permanent changes. I am starting a blog at http://2006weightlossfix.blogspot.com so I can keep my self motivated and accountable. I hope that it will help to keep an online journal so I can visually see my progress.

ooelsworth
12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
I wanna join too! I am 5' 1" on a good day (really 5' but I'm in denial:sssh:) I weigh 220 and want to get down to 120. How will this work? Like support for each other or will it have more structure. Just wondering, I'm new to this site and fairly new to the message board world. I am really so ready to be done with the weight issue. For lots of reasons, which I won't get into now, there will be plenty of time for that later. Like I said, I'm SERIOUS and will be here tons (except for when I'm exercising;)). Here's an issue I need advice on: As you can tell from my signature, my 2 oldest are cheerleaders (competitive, not affiliated with any sport team) and between practices and tumbling classes we are home VERY little during the week, and I have such a hard time figuring out what we can eat (hard to find healthy - while not super expensive - fast food) let alone finding time to exercise. Any thoughts? I should probably add that I am a single mom, so I have no other option than taking them myself or taking the baby with me. Thanks

shabna
12-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey,
Thanks for your reply. 10 pounds seems like a good short term goal.But how long should be given for 10 pounds. How much do You exercise.

And how do I get the scale for the short term and long term goal.

Happy New year.

shabna

Kelly0144
01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Happy New Year to Everyone.

I am brand new to this site and these boards. I think this will be the board for me. I think I will get some motivation and support here. This year I am going to limit my diet cokes to just 2 a day which is alot better then the 6 or 8 a day I have been drinking. I will be replacing the cokes with WATER!!! I have a very hard time drinking water. To start off with I would like to loose 10 lbs. and will go on from there. I am going to start walking at least 3-4 times a week with my husband,if I can keep up with daddy long legs. It takes 2-3 of my steps for his one. We did walk yesterday for 45 min. to get a glass of wine at a restraunt in our area. I kept thinking a car ride would have worked better but, he wanted to walk. We are planning a trip to Italy this summer and he said we need to get in shape for it. I know they have other forms of transportation there who is he trying to kid? Anyway good luck to all and will be seeing you all later.

Hockeychic
01-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey everyone.....here is the day we have been waiting for!!!!!:carrot: :carrot:

Bad news is that I have gained 2 pds back over the holidays. I have posted a mini goal of 175 by my 40th birthday. It is a little over 2 lbs a week but I know I can do it.

Posted all my measurements this morning.....yuck....it was ugly but nothing I can't fix with some hard work.

Well off to put away the Christmas decorations .....then off to work out.....

Have a great day everyone....I will check in later today.!!!!

Kim

dgpebbles
01-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Happy new year everyone....I hope everyone is as motivated as i am to kick off the year right....We are all going to do great here with loads of support

Hockeychic- 2lbs gained is not that bad for the holidays..they say the average gain is 10lbs...You have the right attitude going..Just keep it up

Kelly0144_ welcome..you will love it here and find lots of support..I'm also from Tx

Good luck everyone and feel free to pm me if you need to talk..I check in a few times a day..

DawnJohn
01-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Shabna,

10 pound goals are different lengths of time for everyone, but the recommended weekly healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds. So it could take up to five weeks, but it could also take more or less. The first week you usually lose a bit more as you start losing retained water, then it should level off to 1-2 lbs. I try and walk on my treadmill at least 30 minutes everyday or do my exercise video 3-4 times per week. I've been a bit sloppy lately and not exercised at all but I made a promise to myself to keep at it.

If you want to add the sliders to your signature, go upto the Quick links above and choose edit signature. At the top of the next window you'll find a link to creating your own slider. Just follow their directions. It's super easy once you get started. :)

Anyways, good luck start your mini goal, I'm sure you'll do great! :carrot:

Always,
Dawn

Pam5
01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey - I would love to try this too! New to the site, but this sounds awesome!

Elanajel
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
So we all made it into 2006! I last weighed in on Thursday and I had lost 1.2 in December. This made me feel great Today we hosted a small brunch--a couple and their 2 (very cute) little girls. I ate egg white omlette and fruit salad (and of course 2 cups of coffee). Skipped the bagels, cream cheese and lox.

I feel very pumped to start this year on a good note. Anyone who would like to PM me for more support, please feel free.

Best wishes to everyone for a great year and success in reaching our goals--health and otherwise!

Kelly0144
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I am so glad we have some motovation here. I am really excited about this forum. Well I am only on my first diet coke today, usally I am at #6 by now. I may only have 1 today even though I am allowing myself 2. I started to get a headache so I grabbed one for the caffeine. I did go on a bike ride with my 11 year old, we went to Market street about 2 1/2 miles from my house and she got a Stone cold creamery ice cream then went to Johnny Rockets and she had some frenchfries. OH to be young again with a great metabolism. I know those days are over!!! We were getting ready to ride back which I really wasn't looking forward too, and my back bike tire was flat. We had to call my husband to come and pick us up, that was perfect timing for a flat!!! I was still tired from my walk with my husband yesterday. Well I guess I better get started on New Years resolution #2...... clean a room or 2 every night so I am not spending every Saturday doing the whole house and wasting an entire day. Hope everyone has a great evening.

freckles-n-frills
01-02-2006, 01:05 AM
:wave:Hope you have room for one more!
My name is Jeana. I am a 37 years old, married with 2 beautiful daughters. Madison will be 15 this week, and Lydia-Jayne is 8. My DH and I both work at the local hospital, he as a Laboratory Technician and myself as a Physical Therapy Technician. In my profession you should be a role model for healthy eating/living but I am just the opposite. To be totally honest I am ashamed of the way I look and can't help but wonder what the patients must think. No more excuses, I have a complete gym at work, that I may utilize anytime free of charge. I am new to 3fatchicks and would love nothing more than to take this journey with friends that are going through the same trials. I started my journey last week after a doctors appt. that revealed I was at my highest weight ever. In my mind I knew this, but did not want to believe it. My back and knees can't lie, my lower back aches every day, and my knees creak with every bend. I am doing the No Sugar/No White Flour thing as these are the things I love and crave the most. After a few days of killer headaches from the withdrawal, I am feeling a bit better. Oh! I purchased 2 exercise videos *Abs with the stability ball, and Pilates. I am planning to alternate every other day.
I am hoping to find support here. :grouphug:
Jeana :cheer:

My_Year_2oo6
01-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Ok all I am posting my SW for 2006
12/31/05- 230
next weight in for me 1/7/06- ?
Good luck to all.........Hello Jeana and welcome and Amen! In Christ all things are posible.............

Kelly0144
01-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Well I survived Jan 1st with only 1 diet coke. I went to bed early with a BAD headache (maybe caffeine withdrawl) I did drink alot of water yesterday and I did get a couple of rooms in house clean. I am making a short term goal of 5 lbs for the month of January and I want to keep it off!!! I am so sick of yo-yoing around. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will check back with ya all tonight. WELCOME EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEYS!!!

violethaze
01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if you guys have room for one more?? I've been planning on eating better and losing weight starting January, after the holidays and this fits in great and you guys all seem very supportive.
Just a little bit about me..my name's Dani and I would just like to lose maybe a lb a week but will consider it a major accomplishment if I can keep up a constant habitual exercise routine and watch what foods I eat. I am very much a emotional eater and this year I want to try and develop other ways to deal with things instead of eating.

Hockeychic
01-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Hey everyone......How is it going. Welcome to all newbies.

I am doing good. I hope you are as well.

Ooppss gotta go breakfast is ready have a great day.

Kim

Kelly0144
01-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I hope everyone has a great day and stays on track. I am having a real hard time with eating habits.:( I have been good though as far as only drinking 1-2 diet cokes.:cp: I am going to try to make better eating choices today and go for another 3 mile walk. See you all later.:wave:

DawnJohn
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Good Afternoon everyone,

Hope everyone's new year resolutions are going well.

I started my program on Monday, :carrot: am dying for something sweet though. When I make my husbands lunch everynight it's all i can do not to eat the :cookie: chocolate chip cookies as I put thm in the bag!!! They smell so good!!:T

i think I';; treat myself to one small chocolate or cookie a day even though my plan says no sweets or fat. If I don't I think I'll end up pigging:ink: out on those cookies.

Otherwise doing well, not ready to kill anyone yet! :dizzy: :tread: Walked on my treadmil for 30 minutes the past 2 days, gotta do tonight too, if the kids go to bed early enough.

:welcome3: Welcome to all the new faces, it's nice to see more people joining.

Kelly- Congrats on the pop thing, I know how hard it can be. I do really well for a while then start drinking it again. If it's in the house I'll choose it over my water. Gee, I wonder why? :shrug:

Anyways, gotta go, kiddies are killing each other. Talk to you all soon.

Dawn :wave:

Vonne78
01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone, just checking in. I've lost 2 lbs. since the first and doing pretty well so far.
Hope everyone is doing really good on their resolutions.
I'm trying to keep up with my water intake but, it's been tough.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Hockeychic
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Vonne78.....congrats on the 2lbs that is awesome:hug:

I just got off my stationary bike. I did 8.1 KMS in 26 mins....I have never sat on that bike for more then 15 mins....yaaaaa me.:dizzy:

How is everyone else doing??????

Weekend is coming up.....scary.......I am aiming to be good.....going to get alot of exercise in.

Hope you are all doing great.......

Kim

dgpebbles
01-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Yvonne - congrats on the 2lbs

Kim - I just got my stationary bike yesterday and used it for the first time...I did 20mins and 4.1 miles...i love it ..It has 4 differant built-in progarms but i do have to say that its alittle hard on the rear-end...What does kms stand for and how long have you been using your bike

hope everyone is doing great.

Hockeychic
01-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Good for you on using your bike.

KMS are kilometers....we use metric.

Hope you all have a great day

Vonne78
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks Kim & DG, I'm hoping to behave myself this weekend too and put my elliptical machine to good use.
DH and I are going for a hike through the woods if the weather stays nice. So that will be a nice change from working out inside.
Hope you all have a great weekend,I won't be back until Mon.

My_Year_2oo6
01-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Hello All, I am posting my weight
1/7/06 : 228lbs
4lbs down I am soooooooo happy.........
Next weight in 1/14/06
Weigh in today 1/21/06 224lbs

dgpebbles
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
:cheer: Debby - Congrats on the 4lbs...way to go..keep it up..

Yvonne - how was the hiking...I bet it was a great site...yeah the 4 walls do get boring after awhile..

the last 2 days i rode my stationary bike for 30 mins and 7 miles....can't wait to weigh-in on monday

Hope everyone else is doing great

DawnJohn
01-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Well today is my weigh-in (i do it myself so I'm not sure how accurate it is) scales says I'm down 10 pounds. So excited but I'll believe it next week if it still agrees, as I'm joining Curves and I know they have a good scale there.

Donna - good luck on your weigh-in today
Have a great day everyone

Dawn

dgpebbles
01-09-2006, 09:21 AM
well today I weighed in and only lost 1lb...not where I wanted to be....I just started exercising this week by riding my stationary bike so maybe it's also cause I'm building muscle in my legs...i can only hope..I do feel like my clothes are not as tight...

Dawn great job on the 10lbs....you are almost at your jan goal..no doubt you will hit it before end of the month..

what is everyone's goals this week...mine are
1.keep drinking 60+oz of water
2.eat between 1200-1400 caolries
3.eat more fruit, vegies & protein
4.exercise at least 6 days this week
5.add a little weights toning..

Vonne78
01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
DG, It was great but, a little cooler than I had hoped for. We're planning on going again this weekend.
I'm having the same problem with the scale not moving that much,I think you're right that it's just muscle building up because my clothes are getting loose too.
Keep up the good work ladies talk to you soon.

chaarli
01-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Goals for the week:

Keep drinking my water
Keep on with the exercise..walking 2 miles per day
Try not to eat after 8pm at night
Actually stick to my points and not overeat

Fat in Hong Kong
01-11-2006, 03:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

I know I'm a little late, but would you mind if I joined you?:)

Had my parents staying for a whole month, since 12 Dec, and they went home yesterday, which was when I started my new life! I weighed in and was pleased to discover that I was 2.5lbs down since when they arrived, so can't complain about that ... although I have absolutely no idea how I managed it!

A bit about myself ... I've been lurking on this site for ... well, let's just say quite some time!!:o I've yo-yo'd for many years and I'm sick and tired of looking and feeling the way I do ... it's time to take some serious action. I'm 43, married with two teenagers aged 17 (boy) & 13 (girl). I'm counting calories ... writing EVERYTHING down! And plan to start walking regularly ... I haven't exercised for a long time and really need to get into shape! My husband is very fit and goes on regular long strenuous hikes, and I would love to be able to join him, but right now our fitness levels are so far apart that I simply can't keep up with him ... he's in training right now for a 50k charity hike at the end of February, but once he's finished training we'll be able to go on easier hikes together, which I'm looking forward to. Until then I plan to start walking by myself more regularly (with the dog!) to get a head start.:)

Hope you don't mind me joining in ... I look forward to being a part of your group:)

Nichola

DawnJohn
01-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the group Nichola. :)

Dawn

Vonne78
01-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Good morning Ladies, Sorry I haven't been around much..My son started daycare this week and it's been a little rough on me.
I weighed in last night and I'm a little confused on how much I've lost because I tried the scale at my house and my parents house and they read diffrent. I checked both to make sure they were accurate (with a 8 pound weight) and they were. One said 6 pounds the other said one (kinda weird huh) so I'm sticking with the low number for now..Down one pound woo-hoo!
Got to go jogging on the beach last night. Didn't make it very far but(half mile), DH went with me so it was nice.
How are you girls doing with your week? Anyone have good news to report?

Fat in Hong Kong
01-13-2006, 04:20 AM
Well, I only started on Monday, but I'm pleased to say that I've had a pretty good week:) Managed to stay well within my daily calorie allowance and even have a quite a few saved up for the weekend ahead. I wouldn't be able to keep going if I felt deprived, but if I can have a few glasses of wine and something nice to eat over the weekend (within reason of course!), then hopefully I'll manage to succeed this time.

Nichola

Vonne78
01-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Nichola, It's great you're doing so well your first week keep up the good work. I would never be able to do this if I felt deprived either. I always allow myself something small at the end of the week too. It helps keep me going on that $#@% elliptical machine through the week.
I won't be back until Monday so you ladies have a great weekend!

dgpebbles
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone...well I weighted in today and I'm down 2lbs...I'm so happy cause I've been stuck for almost 2 weeks...

Vonne - way to go on the 1lb...How do you like your elliptical machine...I tried one in a store for only a few sec but it seemed like it would be hard on the legs..

Nichola - welcome and congrats on the 2.5 lbs thats great...I am also counting calories and I write down everything that I eat and all my exercise in a notebook...It really helps..I also log everything on fitday.com..I love that site...

Well good luck to everyone this weekend and have a good one

Fat in Hong Kong
01-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Congratulations to both Yvonne and Donna on your losses:cp: Well done! I'll be weighing in on Monday so hope I have the same result!

In the past when I've been dieting, I've chosen to weigh-in on Friday's ... because I've always had the idea that after the weekend I've got the whole week to get rid of any of those excess calories I've eaten! However, I now realise from many years of experience that this tactic rarely works as far as I'm concerned! This time I'm trying something different ... I think that weighing in on Monday straight after the weekend, will help me be more sensible with my food choices ... and perhaps I won't drink so much wine!:o

Hope everyone has a great weekend!:cheers:

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong
01-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Hi Everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. I managed to get through the weekend without exceeding my calorie allowance for once, which is a great accomplishment for me!! I weighed in this morning and I'm 2lbs down ... as it was my first week I was hoping for a little bit more, but I'm still happy with the loss:)

I've just been out and bought myself a pedometer which records steps, distance and calories ... I just need to suss out how it works:?: ... then I'm off for a walk:dancer: ... there'll be no holding me back now!!:D

Have a great week!

Nichola

Vonne78
01-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Donna, I have a love/hate relationship with my elliptical machine. It can be a really great workout but, you're right after 30 minutes it's a little tough on the legs. But, I've noticed a big change in my thighs from using it.
Nichola,Congrats on your loss! 2 lbs. is a great start.

Fat in Hong Kong
02-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Kung Hei Fat Choi! (Happy Chinese New Year!)

Hi Everyone,

Things seem to have gone a little quiet around here lately:?: Well I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned I could certainly have done a lot better over the past couple of weeks! As it's the start of the Chinese New Year I feel that I've been given a second chance to get things right ... Anyone joining me?

Nichola

dgpebbles
02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm with you...yeah where did everyone go?...Including me..I'm sorry but I've just been very busy..

Fat in Hong Kong
02-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Glad to see there is still someone else around ... I know what you mean though ... life's been pretty busy here too for the past couple of weeks ... no reason to let things slack though!! ... I'll be trying harder from now on ... honest!!

Nichola

dgpebbles
02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
yeah I haven't given up on my eating and exercise it's just been hard to get on here and chat to everyone...

I also like to weigh in on Mondays...we both have the same amount to lose....cool...I bought an pedometer a couple of weeks ago to see how much walking I do at work cause I stand up and walk around all day but I have a problem with it resetting all the time from either bending over alot or leaning against it...

so what kind of diet and exercise are you doing? I'm counting calories trying to stay around 1200 or so and I ride my stationary bike and alternate dvd workouts like the biggest loser & walk away the pounds..I just ordered a few more dvds to try to find something new....I really don't like doing the same thing all the time

My_Year_2oo6
02-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey All! I am still hanging in there and yeah life can get a hold of us we need to take time for ourself so I will try and get here more .............New month so new goal I want to lose 5lbs by the end of February

chaarli
02-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I 'm still plodding on and doing quite well. this year really does feel like it is the one for me.

violethaze
02-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi everyone,
It's been pretty busy with me here too, especially with school starting up again for me and all. I've had mixed results. I've been drinking more water, and have actually been going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Considering I wasn't going before I find that pretty good. I have been more mindful of what I'm putting into my body and have had some success there, been eating more fruits and veggies. I've also starting recognizing my triggers that get me to want to start emotional eating, although I haven't figured out how to fix or deal with that yet. I haven't weighed myself yet because I want to keep this going for a while so I won't be discouraged. I probably will in 2 more weeks. So, it's not great, but it's not bad. Hope everyone else is doing okay!:)

Fat in Hong Kong
02-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear you're all still doing ok. I've been struggling a bit ... just got over Christmas & New Year and into a good routine, then Chinese New Year arrives with lots of social events going on here... eating/drinking etc!! It seems to be one thing after another and I need to remind myself that this is life and I'll have to work around these things instead of keep letting them sabotage my diet.

dgpebbles ... I'm counting calories too, or at least I have been on the good days!!:o ... but I am getting back into the swing of things now! Exercise for me has been sadly lacking ... although I did buy a pedometer recently and am fully intending to walk more regularly.

Nichola

dgpebbles
02-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I did so good at eating yesterday till my fried talked me into eating ice cream from dairy queen....I still had a deficit of 821...I did 30 mins of walking and 45 mins on bike..I weigh everyday cause I like to watch myself daily but monday is my offical day...even after eating ice cream yesterday I still lost .5lbs....It's kinda weird but everytime I eat ice cream I seem to lose weight the next day....does anyone know why?