Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default New nursing momma

Hi, my name is Kathy... I'm 35 and live in on the east coast of FL (as or 2 years ago). I'm a Philly native. I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home. I've had 3 children in 5 years and at 35 my body is not shedding the weight.

I joined WW when Blake turned exactly 6 weeks and had my first WI last Fri (12/16) and lost 3.4 lbs which I'm thrilled about. I'm nursing Blake as well.

We're down here by ourselves and haven't many friends in the area... kinda lonely here
cjbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #2  
Rachel Randall

Hi Kathy! Welcome, I'm a newbie too. I'm in a similar situation.. I moved while pregnant and am a little lonely too. This is my first child, and I'm not shedding the weight at all!!! If I had more time I would write you a little more here, but I;m kind of in a hurry.

Congratulations on your newest baby, Blake!! And welcome to the site!
RachelRandall84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

Welcome! I had my third daughter two days after you had your son. I know what it's like to feel lonely, all my family & friends are in Texas. (We're here because of the Navy.)
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #4  
future lightweight rower

S/C/G: 146/146/135

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! That's great news about your weigh-in. I'm sure you will lots of success with WW. Maybe you will meet some new friends there
toybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbeach
Hi, my name is Kathy... I'm 35 and live in on the east coast of FL (as or 2 years ago). I'm a Philly native. I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home. I've had 3 children in 5 years and at 35 my body is not shedding the weight.

I joined WW when Blake turned exactly 6 weeks and had my first WI last Fri (12/16) and lost 3.4 lbs which I'm thrilled about. I'm nursing Blake as well.

We're down here by ourselves and haven't many friends in the area... kinda lonely here

Congrats on your new baby; have you been enjoying that babymoon? I love that new babyness.. Our recent addition was born on July 4th.. doesn't seem like it has been nearly 6 months. Where does the time go??? I understand about having the babies close together. I think that it makes it harder to lose weight sometimes..maybe the thyroid and other hormones get a little stressed? It does take a lot out of ya when your body is forming new ones and nourishing them, etc. (My kids are 6,5,almost 3, and almost 6 months..so I totally understand). Congrats on your weight loss and I hope that it continues successfully.

P.S. Our third was also born at home. I hope that you had a good experience.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #6  
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbeach
I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home.
Your baby was born at home? Both my babies were born at home.

Anyway, I'm new here so maybe I ought to go introduce myself.
zebrabelly is offline   Reply With Quote