Old 12-20-2005, 12:13 AM   #1  

Default Dance Dance Revolution

I was wondering if any of you girls have tried playing this game. Dance Dance Revolution!
Since the holiday season has started i've been way too busy to play. But i played every day for 3 weeks straight and lost 10 pounds! You girls should try it. My sister has lost 40 so far since she started in July.
It has a setting just for work out and it clocks how many cal. you burn by your weight. It's nifty! Buy it for the kids for christmas and secretly for yourself. !

I know i'm definitely pulling at the mat tonight and starting to work those pounds off!
shutupcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/144/125

Height: 5'5.5"

I love DDR! It's so much fun, plus you can really work up a sweat.
killingjanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #3  

I've been wanting to buy this. I'm going to show my husband your post, because he thinks it would be boring!!!! Thanks for posting!!

Question for you--can you use it on carpet?
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I also have it and like it a lot. My only problem with it is I have the GameCube version and on it you can only do one song at a time. In between you have to pick the next song so your heart rate drops some. Other than that I really enjoy it.

And yes, you can do it on a carpet!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #5  

Default Question about DDR?

This is my first time posting. I just bought the game for Christmas. I'm about 60 pounds overweight, so I thought it would be a fun way to increase my exercise. I'm having fun with it, but it will take some practice, since I have no rhythm!

I have a couple of questions. How do you set the game to keep playing music? I've been using training mode and, like the last poster, have to keep choosing new songs. I have the X-box version. I wore a heart rate monitor yesterday when I tried it, but only got up to 110 beats/minute. Maybe beginning mode isn't as good a workout. What do you all do?

Any tips for getting started? Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
nmf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #6  
Egy Kis Lany

I use the PS2 version and they have 'game mode' and within that mode you still have to choose songs in between, but it usually only takes me 15 seconds or so... and there's also a mode (nonstop mode?) that let's you go for 3/4 songs with no breaks.

UNTIL YESTERDAY!!! When I played enough to unlock a NEW MODE from the main menu... it's endless play. It didn't show up until I was ready to quit, so I only did 2 songs, but it looks like you can choose a level and it just goes on and on and on... I'll try that tonight, I think.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #7  

Thank you. I'll try your suggestions. Enjoy nonstop mode!
nmf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #8  

I'll have to start doing this again. I bought this for our family and we were good about it at the beginning but now it's been collecting dust. I need to get a new DVD for it - I just have the Extreme one. How long did you do it and was it every day for weight loss???

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 PM   #9  

I LOVE the "nonstop" mode..that's what I usually play. I don't like to cool down to quickly. I like to keep my heart rate going for awhile.

Very cool game!!!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #10  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

haha, I play this religiously (ever since 3rd Mix) -- I still have trouble passing 9-footer songs tho :\ but yea, great cardio (I just need lots of fluids & to do warm-up & cool-downs or I'll become VERY sore the next day)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #11  

I'm a total ddr nut! we started a DDR club at my college and I play ddr once a week usually. Its tres tres fun. I like to freestyle personally so I like to put on a 2 or 3 foot song and totally just dance, use my arms, spin around and use my hips, i feel like it makes it a lot more fun because i get bored if i just play the songs normally.
calliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:00 AM   #12  

Default Which one should I buy?

I have looked into DDR and there are several options. I am wondering which one would be best to start with. I have a PS2 (Thanks to my son's smart mouth last week it will be mine for a while - how convenient!)
Any suggestions?
april6465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #13  

OH !! I have it for x-box and I love it !!! Try workout mode, it keeps the songs coming and you don't have to choose them yourself. Yes begginer mode is a little slow on most songs but when you get better you can do "light" and "standard" they really get me to sweat !! I have lost 20 lbs doing it as my main cardio. I would be lost without it. : ) Have fun !!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

I have Extreme for the PS2, and I love it! I know Extreme 2 was released recently but I haven't played it yet. I'd recommend either of those games
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #15  

ummm... i dont really know about the games for the PS2, i have a game called SSR, step step revolution, which has over 3,000 songs a lot of them made by other people.
calliecat is offline   Reply With Quote